Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

"It's fine. I figured that was what you would say if I told you I was pregnant as well so I stayed as long as I could. I'm happy you want to be a part of his life." She said softly. She licked her ice cream cone happily.

"I was thinking of Issac or Michael. I don't have a middle name though so if you want to think of something shoot me some ideas."She shrugged her shoulder, "Naming is hard." She smiled a little when he said he wanted to be a part of it, "What like you want to cut the umbilical cord and go to birthing classes?" She laughed. "It will be nice to have a hand to squeeze when I have to push him out. Are you sure you can handle all of that though?"

She smiled at him, she could tell he knew she was speaking the truth when she called the baby his. "I think you should talk to Adri about all of that before you agree to birthing classes but you are his father so if you want to cut the cord, I am not going to stop you."

He watched her and thought about her name suggestions. "I thought it would be cool to get a name for him that means strength, fighter, or a warrior." He shrugged a bit. "Those names are nice though. I like Isaac the best." He took a drw bites of his ice cream.

"Why are you laughing?" He knew why. He wasn't always reliable or seemed the type to be there for that stuff. "That's exactly what I'm saying. I want to be there when he's born. I'd love to cut the cord. I would love to bounce name ideas back and forth. If you need me to go to class...then I will." He shrugged.

Jake appreciated her wanting to discuss it with Adri first. "I appreciate your suggestion. And don't get me wrong, I love my girlfriend very much. I have every intention of marrying her. But it's my decision. And maybe she will want to be a part of things too. She will be his step mother." He hoped. He hoped she still would want him. "I'm sorry and I have to be honest. I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing it for my son. When he asks me about when he was born, I want to be able to tell him." He said the last part quietly.

"I'll keep that in mind. I think I like it best too. Michael is to common nowadays." She shrugged her shoulder and kept eating her ice cream.

"Why am I laughing? Because I don't think anyone has ever imagined you in birthing classes." She smiled at him. "I think you should be there for a few of the classes. Especially if you are going to take him back to your place. I won't be breast feeding so we need to be on the same formula and what not. I am going back to school so if you could watch him while I am doing that it would perfect and I will never ask you to watch him when you have a fight."

Layla looked at the table and back up, "Think of what you're asking her to do. Take in a new born until he is eighteen and raise him like her own. It would be washer if you were a single parent but you're not. Don't be surprised if she doesn't want to come with us to birthing classes." She licked her ice cream.

"I'll do some research on names. Maybe we can find something we both like that is nice and strong and uncommon." He shrugged.

"Yeah well..." He thought about it a moment as he took a bite. "That woman is changing my life, what can I say." He gave her a shrug. "I don't mind watching him during classes. Wait..when are the classes. I mean I do have to train and work out. That kind of is part of my job. I don't know how Adri would feel right now watching him while I'm doing something...but I'll try to work something out. I appreciate that, that you'd keep him while I have fights. When would you be okay with him coming to a fight? That is something I feel we should discuss so that way we are on the same page with."

Jake shook his head. "I'm honestly not asking her to do anything. I'm leaving it open that if she wants to be a part of anything, that I would like that. If she wants to be at the hospital when he is born, I feel like that is her right to. Or if she wants a phone call after, then I can respect that too." He finished up his ice cream and his hands kind of played together. "I have no idea how she is going to take this. Chances are probably not well, and I understand why." His eyes looked at the table. He wasn't sure why he was confiding in her but, he let it go, "I love her. I've never loved anyone the way I love her. Every day she surprises me and I just fall deeper and harder in love with her. And the whole thing has scared the hell out of me since the beginning. But I know I want her forever. If she can't accept my son and if we can't make it work..." He shrugged a bit. "Then it was never going to work anyway." He looked at her. "I know it's not going to be easy, we bought a house and planned on doing this together. But sometimes plans change." He shrugged. "So you just play the hand you are dealt."

He let out a huge sigh and looked around. "I'm going to call my family, then I'm going to go see her family. They have a right to hear it from me. It's not her responsibility to tell them."

"My classes are during the night. They start a month after he is born. I'll be in school for a year and half so we can create a schedule when I know I have a test and need to study." Layla looked at Jake for a second, "What you do with him when you have him is your business but I'd appreciate if you waited until he was at least six. Maybe nine. Just don't bring him home wanting to fight every kid in the neighborhood." She joked. "Okay?"

Layla nodded her head and let him talk. She wasn't a psychologist but she could tell this was a strain on their relationship. She didn't want to break them up. She didn't want Jake for anything more than help with her child. It would help if he was happy during that period but the second he lost Adri she knew it was downhill for him. She had never seen him like this so the break up, if they did break up, would be horrible.

She finished her ice cream and stood up, "Have fun with those meetings. I am going to go see what your girlfriend got our baby and wash it if it needs to be washed. I'll call you if anything happens or with the date of the next check up. Three more months. The due date is March 25." She patted her stomach and walked away.

Jake nodded with her suggestion of an age. "We can discuss later an age." He chuckled a bit. "I won't. I'll teach him right away, that fighting is not something we do all the time. He will know how to defend himself though." He smiled. They seemed to be getting along okay, that was good. "I don't mind having him in the evenings. Except maybe if I want to take Adri out or something but I can always find a sitter and I'll be willing to pay for something like that."

He stood up and walked her out. "Thanks. I hope you like everything she got. She's got a good eye with stuff." It was weird hearing another woman talk about his girlfriend but their baby. He got in the car and his first thing was to call Amy and his mother.

Jake told them about the baby and Amy was excited yet worried for him and his career as well as his relationship with Adri. He talked to her about it and she seemed to think they would okay, she kept reminding Jake that Adriana loved him. His mother kinda ripped him a new one for knocking a woman up and not being more careful. She just laid into him. He sighed and let her say her piece. After he took a verbal beating he hung up and drove to Adriana's parents.

Once he arrived he sat in the car a moment and let out a huge sigh. His heart was pounding and he got out and went to the door and knocked.

It was Richard who answered the door and looked out to see if Adriana was coming as well. He looked at Jake a bit confused as to why he was there but after saying hello, he let him come in and locked the door behind him.

"Maria, Adriana's boyfriend is here." Richard called out and directed Jake to the living room where Maria was sitting.

She smiled and gave him a motherly hug and kiss on the cheek. "Is she mad at you? I would suggest a bouquet white roses. You can never go wrong with fresh flowers." She smiled and for a moment an older maturer version of Adri appeared in her face.

"What do we owe this visit?" Richard asked and sat on the couch. Maria sat next to him and rubbed his knee. She pointed to a chair and hit her forehead, "Would you like something to drink?"

Jake smiled at Richard and said hello to him. He went into the living room and gave her mother a hug. "Hi ma'am." Once he moved from the hugged he chuckled a bit. "No, she's not mad at me, not yet anyway..." He said with a bit of a sigh but still a smile. "I will remember that though. I'll keep that for a rainy day."

"No thank you ma'am. I'm fine. Thank you." He sat down where she had pointed and looked at the floor. He went over where and how to start on the drive over and now it all went out the window. "Forgive me...I'm not very good at stuff like this and Adri doesn't know I'm here. But I felt like I needed to be the person you heard this from." For reasons unknown to him at the time tears started to swell in his eyes a bit.

His fingers tangled together as he looked at the ground before looking at her parents. He was going to look them in the eye when he said what he needed to say. "I don't know how to say all this so, sorry if it's jumbled but I want to start by explaining how much I love Adriana. You two..." He shook his head a bit and smiled. "You raised an amazing woman. An amazing woman for reasons I still haven't figured out or know, has fallen in love with me. I'm not by any means easy to love." He blinked his eyes a few times quickly to not let a tear fall. "When I was here for dinner, sir you asked me about my plans. I told you I wanted to marry her and have a family with her. That hasn't changed. Honestly, I'm partly here, to ask your permission and blessing to ask Adriana to be my wife. But when the time seems fit. That woman has changed me. Anyone who knows me knows that woman changed me for the better and I want her by my side through everything I face in my life." He glanced down a minute and took a deep breath.

"But before I can fully ask for that blessing and permission there is something you should know. Something I'm not proud of, but I'm hoping that I make up for some bad decisions by how I'm handling the situation." He inhaled a huge breath. "A woman came into the gym I train at the other day, informing me," He glanced down and more tears began to form in his eyes, and this time he couldn't help a few from falling. His eyes looked up at her parents. "She informed I'm going to be a father." He kept his eyes on them a moment before looking away. "This was a woman I was with before I even met Adriana and before she worked for me or we started dating." He needed to add that, as if maybe that would help matters with her parents.

"I've talked to the mother, we had paternity test done, the results should be available later today, I didn't want Adriana to have to come up with a way to talk to you about this. This is on me. Not her. I have no idea what she is going to do. I hope like hell she stays. But I couldn't blame her for not wanting to deal with this. I love her and her heart and couldn't imagine her just leaving though. I understand if you don't like me now or don't think..." He started to choke up and look down. "Or if you don't think I'm good for her anymore. I honestly worried more about what you guys would think of me than my own family." His head hung a bit as a few tears fell and he felt a little vulnerable and stupid to be crying in his girlfriend's parent's living room.

Maria and Richard were quiet for a long time. Maria looked at RIchard and tried to think of what to say. It was Richard who spoke up first, "It was noble of you to come to us and let us know yourself." He started and Maria nodded her head.

"And we know how much you mean to Adriana." Maria continued and this time Richard nodded.

There was another long pause as they soaked it all in. "I can't say that I am not disappointed. I am sure Adriana had an entire future planned with you that will be warped now." Richard said softly.

"But I think it is nice to know that you will be staying in the child's life. Why else would you be here if you weren't?" She looked down at her lap, "I can't help you with this though. I don't like you less because you are becoming a father. I like you more because you are staying with your child. What Adriana decides to do is up to her. We can't force her to stay with you. We can only tell you that if she does stay with you, you have our permission to marry her." She looked up at Richard and he nodded his head. "And knowing Adriana is in love with you, I can expect to see some wedding bells soon and a big white wedding." She said getting excited. "Do you have the ring?"

Richard gave her a small nudge and she looked down but the smile was still on her face, "Let's get through this before we start planning weddings. We cannot wait to meet this child of yours. I am sure Adriana is excited for you too, even if she doesn't show it. She does love babies."

Richard hit the nail on the head when he mentioned an entire future with Jake that she had planned was warped now. That was what broke Jake's heart. "I know I'm ruining plans that she made in her head for us. And that's what kills me and that I know it's going to hurt her too." He glanced down and let out a little sigh. "But the plans she really wants with me, she still can have. I want to give her the wedding she always dreamed of. And a family. Adriana and I's first child will be something that I can't even begin to explain. It will be so amazing. And a much different experience than this." He didn't know how to explain it but they would still have that connection and love.

"I know this is Adriana's decision completely. But this baby doesn't change anything that I want with her. I've wanted it before this child came into my life." Jake cleaned his face with his hand and chuckled a bit when her mother asked about the ring. "I do not have it. It's actually being made. So there only one ring like this. And it will be Adri's. I do have a picture though." He got up and showed them both a picture on his phone to her parents.

Jake nodded and let out a little sigh. "She may be angry that I came here. Especially before I told her. But she's doing something for herself today. And I don't want it ruined with this. At least not yet. She will be excited she gets to go shopping." He smiled. "Too bad it's a boy or she'd buy little purses and heals and stuff." He chuckled a bit.

"It means the world to me that you give me your permission to marry her. Words couldn't explain how much it means." He smiled at them a bit. "So white roses if she kicks me out?" He joked a bit with a chuckle. "No, seriously though, my son would also be welcome to Sunday dinner?"

Maria fawned over the ring, noting how pretty it was and how the ring was just the right size. She knew Adri would love it as long as it sparkled in the sun. "It's unique? That's a nice touch. I love it. I know she will." She smiled at Jake and handed the phone back.

They were a little confused as to what she could be doing but they figure Jake treated her to something nice after going through all of this. "She will still find a way to deck him out with cute stuff. Babies are fun to dress up because they can't say no. She will have that buy in new clothes every day." Maria laughed.

They both nodded to the baby coming to sunday dinner. "Of course. You are welcome here, why wouldn't he be?" Maria smiled.

"We have been dying for some babies to play with anyways. Bring him on over anytime. We have five kids, we know how to handle babies."

Jake smiled and felt a bit relieved. He was glad her parents were taking it so well. "Thank you both for everything. It really means a lot." Now he had to go tell his girlfriend. "I should get going. But thank you for listening and being so understanding." He stood and walked to the door but before leaving he looked at her parents. He shook her father's hand and gave her mother a hug. "I promise you both, if she decides to say yes to marrying me and stays through all of this. I will do everything I can to make her the happiest and most loved woman in the world." He gave them a smile and genuinely meant it. Even though he was going to be a father, he still lived to make that girl happy.

He told them bye and then got in his car. After checking himself in his mirror head checked his phone for the address to Adri's shoot. He drove over and honestly was excited to see her. He just wanted to wrap that girl up in his arms and give her a huge hug. That was something that would just make his day, a big hug from his beautiful girlfriend. But he was there to support her. He wasn't stealing this time from her.

After checking himself again he fixed his hair and ran his hand over his face before getting out and walking into the house and looked around for Adri and Max.

Adri was having the time of her life at the photoshoot. She was in multiple bikinis. She was working the camera and every so often, she would take a break to play with Max. It was nice being the friendly environment with the photographer again. It felt like she never left.

When jake came in everyone was in the back. The lights were set up around the pool and Adri was half in the pool and half coming out of it with a sexy devil look on her face. She was in a small white and gold bikini. Her hair had her natural waved going through. Her skin had a shine to it that looked like she was wet.

Max was being played with in the grass by one of the lighting guys that wasn't needed so Max was being occupied. It took her a little while to notice Jake. When she got out of the pool, she was given a robe and the next bikini that she needed to change into. She smiled at Jake and pressed her cheek against his and made the kissing sound. She didn't want to smear her lipstick so that was all she could afford to give him right now.

Max ran over to her the second she went into the house to change. "How was your day?" She asked him and went into the bathroom. she closed the door but it was fairly thin so they could still talk through it. She came out in a sexy red number and took a sip of water through a straw. "My day has been wonderful. It makes me miss it. They are going to Ibiza soon and they offered me the job. You should see the pictures, they look so fricken good."

She pointed outside so he would follow her out. she walked him over to the photographer, "This is Phillip. The genius that makes the photographs look amazing. Where am I next?" She asked and walked into the pool. he had her lay on her back in the water and then walked through the shallow end. He took shots from the front, side and back. He directed how he wanted her body, head and hands. If he wanted her to pout or seduce the camera.

The last shots were nothing but fun. Max jumped into the pool and Adri held him up and modelled with him a bit. She set him on the edge of the pool and got out. She wrapped up in her robe again and went to check out what Phillip had so far. She asked a for a few of the pictures and took a picture of a few of the photos to post to instagram.

"I love it. They look amazing. Keep me working." She put her hands on his shoulders and moved him back and forth. "Please keep me working." She laughed.

Jake just stood back a bit and watched. He had photo shoots for magazines so he knew a bit how they worked. His eyes were locked on Adri though. Damn that girl was sexy. He just stood smiling at her. After a few moments he noticed Max playing and he left him go, he didn't want to disrupt anything.

Once she got out of the water and pressed her cheek to his he kissed her cheek softly not to screw up her make up. "Baby you look great." He followed her to the bathroom. "My day was...it was good." He smiled and listened to her talk about her day. He loved she was on cloud 9 right now and he wasn't going to be the one to bring her down.

He followed her to meet her photographer. His hand extended to his. "Nice to meet you man." He stood back and watched Adri for a bit and then laughed when Max jumped in the pool. He knew Max would jump in the pool. He went to go attend to Max. One of the guys gave him a towel. He told him thank you then held him as he walked over to Adri. "What time do you want to go out tonight babe?" He looked at her with a smile.

Adri went to get changed into her leggings and tank top and then came back out. Her make up was still done and her hair was back in the ponytail. It felt crunchy form all of the product that was put in it today but one good wash and it would be back to normal. She walked over to Jake and gave him a gentle kiss so she didn't ruin her make up.

She gave him a sort of 'I messed up' or 'I forgot' face and sighed, "They are going out for drinks and they invited me so we could catch up. I kind of said I would go. You can come with us if you want. I didn't want to say no and possibly ruin future opportunities. We can stay for one drink and then go and do your plan, okay? Or we can go to dinner and then meet up with them later."

She completely forgot that they had date plans tonight. She was so wrapped up in herself, it was hard to think of the outside world. "Why don't we go home and I will get my hair in working order and then go to dinner. I will tell them I can't make it, I guess. We made the plans first, right?" She rubbed Max's head and waited to hear if that was what Jake wanted to do.

He gave her a small kiss back and a smile. "You looked very sexy babe."

Jake would be lying if he said it didn't bother him a bit that she forgot about going out. He wanted to take her out the night before but settled for couples massages so she didn't have to eat anything big. But this was something exciting and she didn't want to ruin potential opportunities. "No babe... You should go. Go have fun." He smiled at her and held up Max. "I'll take this guy home. He can't exactly go to the bar with us." He smiled at her and scratched him behind his ear.

He smiled at her. "Go have fun babe. Your boys will be waiting for you when you get home."

"Thaks. All with professional help." She laughed.

"Thank you baby." She gave him a hug and wanted to kiss but didn't want to ruin her make up. "if you do want to come out, I will send you a text with the bar info, okay. You are always welcome to stop by." She scratched Max's head and rubbed their noses together. "I won't be out long and I am not drinking. Maybe a cosmo but I am staying sober enough to drive home. I love you. He should be tired. He didn't get much of a nap so he should sleep all night. Fingers crossed."

Phillip called Adri over and told her who she was driving to the bar. Phillip was going to drop some of the lighting guy back off at their apartments and then they would meet at the bar. She walked back over to Jake and walked him and Max out. She put Max's stuff in the back seat, except for the bed. She put the bed on the front seat to protect Jake's seat.

She walked over to Jake's driver side window, "Tomorrow I want to hear the results but tonight, I would like to stay happy. Okay?" She rubbed his cheek. "I love you. I will see you later."

Jake nodded at everything Adri was saying about Max. "Right. Sure he is..." He smiled at her. After getting everything in his car he set Max down on his bed.

"Alright babe I may meet you. Send me the information." He thought maybe it would be a good idea to go and support her even if it was just for drinks.

He looked at her from his window with his one eye shut squinting from the sun. He gave her a nod. "I love you too baby."

He drove home and got Max out of the car. After carrying his things inside he got him fresh water and then put him in his crate. Once Adri sent him the place they were at he drove there.

His mind wandered on the drive. Truth was he wanted to be a supportive boyfriend and he missed his girlfriend. It was time for him to swallow his fear of being a father and not depend so much on her. Jake kind of picked up on that Adri kinda wished he didn't as well. Once he arrived he got out and headed inside.

She sent him her location and through that he would be able to make his way to the bar. It was nice. The drinks were a little pricey and the bar specialty was hot dogs loaded with extras on top. Adri order the drink of the night which was a fruity number with a funny name and she ordered some fries and cheese sauce.

By the time Jake arrived the table was on their third drink, minus Adri, and the food was almost gone but more was ordered and on its way.

Adri smiled at Jake and showed him the empty seat next to her. The conversation flowed like natural. Phillip and Adri reminisced on old times when she worked for him before. A couple questions went to Jake about what he did and how they met and what not.

Jake smiled and sat down next to Adri. He ordered a whiskey and Coke but no food. He was a little surprised Adri was eating the food but after a day of shooting she deserved anything she wanted. Just like Jake did.

He set his hand on her leg and stayed quiet, letting her visit with her friends. But he answered the few questions that came his way. He even cracked a few jokes and talked Adri up, even though he didn't need to they seemed to love her.

He leaned over to Adri, "I can drive you if you want to drink more." He could always get her car the next day.

Jake's phone vibrated against his leg. He checked it and saw it was the doctor's office. He excused himself and walked outside to answer it. "Jake here..."

Adri shook her head to drinking more. "I'm not trying to battle a hangover tomorrow." She laughed and went back to walking to her friends.

She felt Jake leave and she watched him walk out on his phone. His news wasn't going to ruin her high so she stayed at the table.

"Hello this is Dr Nikelson's office. We have your DNA results and if you are ready to hear them I will patch you over to the doctor." When Jake gave the go ahead, she transferred the call.

"Hello Mr. Daniels." Nikelson said and cleared his throat. "After going through the samples and checking them both we have determined that there is a paternal relation between you and the child inside of Layla Connor. If you would likes copy of the results we can send them to you or you can come and pick them up here at their office."

Jake wasn't surprised at the results. "Thank you doctor. Yes can you have the papers available for pickup. I can stop in the next few days. Thanks again." He hung up then called Amy. He informed her and then hung up.

He headed back inside and sat back down with Adri. He had a poker face on that revealed nothing. He gave Adri's head a kiss then decided to order some food. It wasn't as healthy as he had hoped but they were celebrating.

Jake went back to listening and talking to everyone. His hand found Adri's leg again.

They stayed at the bar for a few hours, talking and having a good time. When dri had her fill, she said goodbye to everyone and walked with Jake out of the bar. "I will meet you at home." She said softly and and kissed his cheek.

She got in her car and drove home. She said hello to her boy, like she hadn't seen him all day and let him run around outside for a bit. She took a shower to wash the chlorine off of her body and wash the makeup off her face. She washed her hair really well but she would end up going to a hair salon to get a better wash.

She went down stairs and got a bottle of water to sip on and take to bed. She wrapped her hands around jake and kissed him.

Jake gave her a small kiss before they left for home.

Once home Jake went in and changed into basketball shorts and no shirt. He was ready to be comfortable. He sat on the floor and did some stretches while Adri was in the shower.

Once Adri went in the bathroom Max turned his attention on Jake. He played with him a bit amazed he still had so much energy.

Once Adri came up to him and wrapped her arms around him, he closed his eyes and hugged his girlfriend tightly. This was the hug he needed and was hoping for. "You were great today babe. I loved seeing you so happy." He gave her shoulder a kiss.

"I'm glad I did it. I can't believe I let my family talk me out of doing something I love." She shrugged her shoulder and sighed. She could ask him what the verdict was and have trouble sleeping tonight or she could wait and they could talk about everything they needed to talk about tomorrow.

She would rather wait until tomorrow. She would put it off forever but the baby was coming soon and they needed to talk about it now. Putting it off for one day wouldn't hurt though.

"I'm sorry we didn't go on our date. We can go out on Friday though."

Back
Top Bottom