Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

tumblr_mdlavchHJZ1qbch4xo1_500.png

"Don't...don't make me see him...again...ever..." she gasped and hiccuped, her sobs quietening as she was racked with deep, painful breaths.

His words made her cling harder to him, knowing he was trying to soothe her broken heart. She nuzzled her head under his chin, trying to get a grip even as the imaged burned into her memory, refusing to let her forget what Jay had done.

f65c19b6f50ff32cb34b5b39e0e1f95d.jpg

Eli continued to rock her.

“You won’t ever need to see him, be near him, nothing of him love.” He whispered lovingly. His lips pressed deeper into her hair, breathing her in.

“I love you Reyn, and I won’t ever go against what you want.” He breathed.

40f986c0b3a1bee2c049a1a3fc190109.jpg

As Braxton eased away from the other’s house, he carried various items towards the back of their house, being cautious to make sure Ashlin wasn’t around to spot him. As the man placed the woven creation down, Zeus’s call perked him up, bringing Braxton into the house.

“Ashlin?” He called, following Zeus’s barks to the bedroom, opening it to find Ashlin with another man.

tumblr_mdlavchHJZ1qbch4xo1_500.png

He rocked her till her crying subsided, and a cold crept into her. She could feel his lips pressed to her hair, his strong arms doing nothing else but protecting her.

"I love you too," she whispered, her throat raw as she tried to settle.

“We’ll go back to the town when you say so love.” He breathed. Eli’s arms bundled her up tighter, a soft hum vibrating within his chest as he continued to try and sooth the sobbing Siren.

Hayden-Panettiere-%E2%80%93-Genlux-Magazine-Photoshoot1.jpg

No..." she breathed, "I won't run away from him. Just...just keep him away from me Eli. Please."

She curled into him, his touch soothing her as her anger began draining away, "And break his neck if he touches Nya."

Eli nodded to her words.

“That’s not a problem love. Not a problem at all.” He breathed. Eli’s hand reached downwards, pulling something small out of his jean pocket, a dazzling white gold ring sliding perfectly onto Reyns finger. A large stone in the middle gleamed within the light, the two smaller diamonds beside it a perfect heavenly shade of green.

d3f1a5455d708d5e25c0490e1885d913.jpg

nashville-season-3-juliette-barnes-pregnant.jpg

Nereyda blinked rapidly, stunned. Her breathing all but stopped, her eyes glued to her hand as she stretched it out, staring at the ring, a stupid grin filling her face.

Finally she found her voice, the words coming out in a shaky whisper, "W-hat is that? Elijah..."

“What do you think it is love?” He breathed, his angelic eyes peering down at her.

“It’s a question.” He stated.

"The answers always been yes," she breathed, her lips crashing into his with such force that they both toppled back onto the floor, her smile burning her cheeks, "Always."

Eli smiled brightly down at the siren, their bodies tumbling to the ground as the siren’s mood picked up.

“Good, because I’d be worried if you said no… I’d have to go out for a bigger ring.” He laughed, his hands sliding around her waist as he kissed her deeply.

“Now we should go grab our daughter… I left her with the she wolf.” Eli spoke, his arms sweeping around her body as he pushed their bodies up, his arms easily holding Reyn bridal style as he pushed them out of the bathroom and towards the kitchen. Nya’s screams of joy filled the air, hearing the couple’s words while the wolf played with their daughter.

She giggled as he picked her up, kicking her feet out playfully, her arms instinctively wrapping around his strong neck as she kissed his jawline.

"I fucking love you, you know that?" she growled softly into his skin, nipping him playfully, wanting to rip his clothes off then and there.

The sound of her daughter's laugh filled the air, making Reyn's heart lighten even more knowing her pandora's box was happy.

Andre-Hamann-Mo-Gaff-01.jpg

Xael started filling the island beside her with food; fresh salad, her favorite hashbrowns, pancakes, bacon, and a large slab of raw deer meat.

"Kayden hunted down a deer this morning," he smiled, pushing the meat close to his mate, "Thank your baby sister for sharing."

As Luna looked up to thank him there was a sudden high pitch screeching. Xael covered his ears as they felt like they were going to burst, his head ducking down as his senses were overridden with the painful sound. Looking to his mate who seemed in as much pain, he could see Nya's mouth open, the powerful sound coming out her tiny lungs.

'What happened?' he thought as he felt his ears start to bleed, 'Luna, just don't drop her!'

"Eli!" he yelled, rushing to the swinging kitchen door, "Reyn! Help!"

Eli grinned down at the siren within his arms, swinging her playfully as they walked.

“No, No I didn’t.” He laughed kissing her hungrily.

As the laugh’s began to evolve, Xael rushed out, ears bleeding and freaked. Eli cringed as they entered the kitchen, quickly placing Reyn down softly as he rushed to the struggling wolf. The Halfling swept his child out of the wolfs arms in an attempt to quiet her, the small girl stopping as he rocked her, moving into a soft cry.

“Reyn?” He asked, handing his beautiful little girl over to his soon-to-be wife.

a9b537e957de6ce88a028da7fe915552.jpg

As the girl’s pitch changed, Lunar flinched. Pain enveloped the wolfs ears, brain, and even her body as the small girl’s scream sounded off next to her ear. Eli swept her away and the wolf dropped to her knees, hands flying to her ears as she crumpled up on the floor. The warm sensation rushed over her fingers and down the red heads arm as she tried to stop the screaming pain within head.

“Oh god…” Lunar choked, the room beginning to spin around her.

As her feet hit the ground Reyn was right at Eli’s heels, her eyes wild with panic.

“Nakaylia!” she cried, Eli quickly scooping the screaming child from Luna, “What did you do?”

“She just started!” Xael cried, his hands over his ears as her high-pitched screeching burst his supernatural senses.

Even Elijah and Luna looked in pain, and Reyn could hear the three in the living room crying out too. Her scream was high enough that normal humans couldn’t handle it; supernaturals took it worse with their heightened senses. The only one unaffected was Nereyda, her siren blood calling out to the poor child.

As Eli scooped her up she quietened momentarily, her round turquoise eyes looking up at him. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief but it was all too soon as Eli offered their daughter to her mother and Nya’s eyes watered and her mouth opened once more, the tiny screaming growing more intense.

“Give me my daughter,” Reyn begged, stepping forward with her arms out, “Please Eli.”

Taking the tiny bundle into her arms, she wrapped her daughter in her quilt, holding one of her outstretched tiny hands. She wanted to get away from everyone, but she could feel the anxiousness in her daughter’s voice, in the way she stared at her mother, scared. It was more than a mother’s bond, it was the siren in her calling for her own flesh and blood.

Slowly she began humming, rocking her daughter back and forth. The first time Nya had ever cried uncontrollably –unfortunately at three in the morning- Reyn had tried to sing her to sleep. It had worked better than expected, and she’d felt a new tug, something pulling inside her when she used her Call on her daughter. It always worked, always calmed Nya’s fits and fears, and she felt her bond grow with her daughter every time she sang. Elijah guessed Nya was at least part siren, and Reyn’s blood called out to the blood pulsing in Nya when she used her powers.

As Nereyda’s humming grew louder, Nya’s screams died into soft mewls, her little nose sniffling. Moving out of the room, Reyn stepped outside, the mother never breaking her gaze as she looking down with unconditional love. Her mouth opened and she began to sing a beautiful lullaby, a new one she had learnt just for her daughter.

Lullaby

As Eli handed Nya to Reyn, he could see the tension building still within the little one, yet her mother quickly quieted her with her soft, loving hums. Eli’s hand slid to rest on Reyns lower back, quickly following her as the siren began to lull their daughter. Her song calmed the room, and swept everyone over with a sense of peace before they quickly left the room. He stared down at both of them, their beauty captivating him as it always had when Reyn quickly stepped in to not only her siren blood, but as a siren mother.

Xael dropped to his knees beside Luna, his hands flying to her face as he forgot his own pain and focused on hers.

'Focus on my voice baby,' he thought, trying to break through the searing pain in both their heads, 'Focus my love.'

'Luna...' it was Kayden's voice, in absolute distress, 'What's going on?'

Xael's head looked up momentarily at the door then back to his mate, 'We are handling it. Try to get outside, or go upstairs Kayden.'

Suddenly the room quietened, as Nya's screams died out, replaced with a soft humming. Xael let his breath go as a sudden feeling of serenity filled him, pulling his mate into his arm's as he checked the damage in her ears. As Eli and Reyn left, Xael pulled her into his lap, kissing her face softly.

"Are you okay?"

a9b537e957de6ce88a028da7fe915552.jpg

Her body remained crumpled up, her head resting to her knees while the wolfs hands slowly slid down to her stomach. The child’s screams having shifted the creatures within her, allowing more pain to hit her.

“Xael.” She croaked, unable to move. While she could barely hear from one ear, the other remained silent. “Xael…”

As she called he was there, trying to get her to focus within the water.

It hurts… They hurt.’ Even her thoughts sounded broken, unable to fully concentrate.

The wolf’s body shifted, making her pull her still stunned and spinning head back. Xael’s body pulled into her sight, allowing her to relax for a moment before her body crumpled up once again.

I.. I don’t know…

Her voice never grew louder, remaining soft and light as she leaned into Elijah and rocked their daughter back and forth. As the song came to a close, Nya's eyes fluttered shut, her breathing slowing as she fell asleep.

"Our little Pandora box," she smiled, kissing her daughter's blonde fuzz on top of her head then continued, "Something scared her Eli."

Her blue eyes finally looked up, staring at her fiance as she leaned into him, "I could feel it, something terrified her."

Holding her daughter closer, she lowered her voice so those inside couldn't hear, "Can you check the area? I don't think it was Luna. You've said before...you think she has your senses. Whatever scared her...I can feel the fear my love. She was shaking in my arms."

'They're hurt? Fuck...okay Luna just breathe for me. My moon, I'm going to get you upstairs, away from everyone. I'm here baby...I'm right here. I got you.' Luna had gotten the worse of it, being closest. Wrapping her up in his arms, he made his way into the living room, trying to still his rising panic for his mate and their unborn twins.

"Luna's out of commission till the wedding," he spoke quickly to the three of them, "Reyn and Elijah came up with a plan B...Kayden knows most of it. Tell Braxton I'm sorry but I have to take care of Luna first before I can help him set up. Will the four of you be alright?"

Kayden nodded, watching her sister, "Luna's done a lot, we can finish up. I'll bring up the food in the kitchen, if that helps?"

"Please."

Continuing forward, he made his way upstairs quickly, gently placing her on the bed as one hand supported her and the other flew done to her stomach, rubbing the soft skin.

'You're going to be okay. Your ears are already healing my love. What else hurts sweetheart? Why do they hurt?'

be4eb1d4035d91b3ca0d4e891e9586a2.jpg

Ash lay upside down on her bed, her head hanging off the side with an empty bottle in her lap as Zeus played tug-of-war on the bed, deciding the new stranger could stay as long as he played.

The door swung open and her diamond blue eyes looked up at the gorgeous man standing there, a drunk smile on her face.

"Brax!" she giggled, rolling off the bed and bouncing to her feet as the room swung, "Woah...the floor is slanted. Ooops."

Ash's froze, her head trying to turn at the sound of screaming.

"What the-"

It was coming from the other house, far enough way she shouldn't be able to hear it and yet the cries were loud enough to get to her own ears.

"Nya," Ashlin breathed, looking at Braxton, "Is something going on? Maybe I..."

The crying stopped, the area going into stark silence. She shrugged after a minute of silence, knowing Nya had rapid mood swings. Returning her attention, she noticed an odd look in his eye, "Brax?"

The Alpha withdrew further into herself, her hands trying to sooth the crying creatures within her. Between her own ears, and theirs, she felt like she was dying. Between the mass amount of pain and nausea, the wolf could barely comprehend her mates soothing words.

She could feel her back sink into the bed, allowing her to sink to her side as her mates hand touched the tender skin along her stomach.

"They didn't like that." She breathed, one of her hands moving his from her stomach to her cheek.

"I... I can still help" she squeaked, her eyes still closed to try and stop the spinning. Her mates last question hit her, her walls dropping internally to allow her mate understand where and just how bad.

"Sorry..." She breathed,

He bristled at the pain but didn't make any attempt to cut it off. If his mate hurt, he hurt. He'd been like that for months now, both of them sharing each other's struggles and triumphs.

Kneeling at the edge of the bed, he lay his head on her stomach, his hand still stroking Lunar's cheek in comfort. The door softly creaked open and Kayden stepped in, a platter of all the food he'd made between her arms. Xael got up, blocking off sight of Luna protectively.

The white-haired wolf paused, noting his protectiveness of her Alpha. 'You know?'

He nodded, not as surprised as he thought he'd be over finding out she knew. Kayden was smarter than people gave her credit for.

"Here," she moved around the room, setting the platter on top of a small table, "She needs to eat."

Taking her leave, Xael waited till she was gone before retrieving a plate of the raw meat, placing it in Luna's reach and returning to his position kneeling beside her, listening to the unborn twins inside her.

"I can hear them," he whispered, his ear pressed to her belly as he massaged it softly, trying to calm the pain they were causing their mother, "I can hear their heartbeats. They are calming down my love. Can you feel them? When I press here," he massaged a certain spot on her stomach and could hear their restlessness stop inside her, "There. Oh my moon, does that help?"

He continued to massage her, his head lifting and moving to kiss her cheek, "Please eat something baby. I know you feel sick, but you need food in your stomach to give you strength. You and them."

76a7fe1d6de506bc73e936aa9a1d1912.jpg

Braxtons eyes stayed trained on his soon to be wife, drunk and swaying as another man sat on the other end of the bed. His haunting white eyes moving to the other man swiftly. With several steps, he was across the room with his fist flying and smashing quite happily into the mans face. Looking over at Ashlin, his stern eyes looked down at her.

“Who the fuck is this Ashlin?” He snapped.

Everything continued to spin around the small red head, forcing her hand to reach out for the small bucket next to the bed as her head peered over, releasing nothing other then stomach acid. Lunars head hung off the edge of the bed, listening as her sister slipped into the room. While she wanted to thank her sister, the alpha couldn't even muster a thank you through thought, all to worn out to do anything other then hang her head. The wolf took a shakey breath as she simply listened to her partners words.

Back
Top Bottom