Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

f65c19b6f50ff32cb34b5b39e0e1f95d.jpg

The halflings eyes glared darkly down at the wolf, his arm around his daughter still eased with a fatherly grip. He noted Reyns eyes on their daughter.

“She’s safe Reyn.” He stated, his eyes still darkly staring down at the wolf as he walked forward, his arm looping around Reyns lower back as he guided her away.

“I don’t want him around you.” He stated as his voice lightened with her within his grasp.

Hayden-Panettiere-%E2%80%93-Genlux-Magazine-Photoshoot1.jpg

She dug her heels in, stopping in their tracks. She understood he hated Jay -for reasons unknown to her- but she wasn't a piece of property.

"I'm safe," she replied, looking back at Jay who seemed more confused and angry than anything, "He's not going to hurt me Eli."

A soft growl rumbled within Eli’s broad chest, his eyes looking down at her.

“He hurt you Reyn. He left you in a mess that took you months to try and cope with. I saw your face yesterday Reyn. He doesn’t deserve to touch you when he makes you doubt yourself. Not you, not my daughter. Not while I’m breathing.” He growled softly, his daughter softly pulling at the stubble along his chin with a giggle again.

“If you looked at his face the other day, you would of noticed his shock about Nya, not as a shock you have a daughter, but a shock to if it’s his. Has he even bothered to ask?” He asked angrily, glaring back at the wolf. “Or before we left, biting you? Really Reyn? You’re going to ask why?”

a0a8a6001636a4d7cca1199b188cf7c6.jpg

Jay watched in horror as Eli’s temper rose, yet his arm around his daughter stayed relaxed and easy yet still protective. He watched his eyes shift to him.

“What was the first thing you did when you left?” The Halfling snapped, angrily staring the wolf down. “Well?”

Jay looked away, unable to answer his question.

Jay opened his mouth but closed it slowly, looking away.

“I…” He stuttered, looking down while biting his bottom lip softly.

“He was an idiot.” A voice chirped up, his alpha wandering in with several bundles of flowers.

Ignoring the red-head, Reyn stomped right up to Jay, inches from his face, "Tell me Jayson. What is it Eli's talking about? What did you do?"

Jay kept looking down, pressing backwards slightly as Reyn pushed more.

“I got into an argument with another siren after several weeks…” He whispered.

“For Christ sake… And?” Lunar growled, the woman’s foot tapping.

“For fuck sake Lunar…. She died by my fang.” The wolf stated as he looked back up at Reyn.

Her hand flashed out of nowhere, the slap echoing through the trees.

"You," she growled, taking a step back as her eyes grew cold, her heart icing over, "You stay the fuck away from me wolf. And from my daughter."

Her nostrils flared as she took another step back, pure disgust and loathing on her face, "You so much look at my daughter and I will make your life a fucking hell!"

She stepped back until she was near her partner, turning on him with her cold eyes, "Happy I know now Eli?"

Whipping around she stormed to the door, looking back only briefly to glare hatefully at the wolf she had once loved, "I'm glad I chose Eli over you. Turns out you were the one that would of hurt me in the end."

Eli simply turned with her, hearing the wolf stutter before his head hung, following the siren quietly.

a9b537e957de6ce88a028da7fe915552.jpg

Lunar shook her head, turning to head back inside, prepping things as needed for Ashlin’s wedding amidst the chaos.

Stomping through the house, Reyn dropped Eli's package on a chair along with the quilted blanket, continuing on till she found a bathroom and locking herself inside, slamming the door closed.

Fuck him! her thoughts screamed, her breath coming out in short and fast as tears stung her eyes, He did that...he killed...fuck him!

Her breathing got worse, her chest constricting as she sat on the edge of the tub, trying to contain her temper, He had no care for me...none! I was nothing to him. If I had stayed...god if I had stayed...

Her arms shook both with anger and utter betrayal, her fingers gripping the porcelain under her till her knuckles turned white. Reyn could feel the screams at the back of her throat, feel herself losing control of her emotions as they overwhelmed her.

Eli sighed softly, Nya growing restless within his arms.

“Reyn.” Eli spoke softly, standing next to the bathroom door. Having grabbed Nya’s quilt, he offered it to the struggling girl, her face scrunching up in another fit of unease.

“Love.” His voice only grew gentler, waiting for her to come back out.

“Baby…?” Lunar asked softly, looking over at him. The wolf could feel her stomach growling rather loudly, her hands flying to her stomach as she looked up at him innocently.

Andre-Hamann-Mo-Gaff-01.jpg

Xael bounced up from his spot on the couch, having listened to the entire fight. His arms wove around his mate, kissing her forehead lovingly.

"What do you want to eat?" he whispered, "You name it, I'll make it. I may have to clean the kitchen first...but I can cook while I clean."

Her rage built, her body shaking as she tried to close her eyes, only to see the image of Jay attacking her. Ripping her to shreds. Killing her.

Her eyes popped back open, her mouth full of bile, Fuck...fuck why would he want that? Why does he want me dead?

She could hear his voice, and Nya's whining and the anger in her surged instead of lessened, every noise irritating her ears.

"She isn't safe," Reyn finally croaked out, gripping the porcelain tighter as the room seemed to spin, her anger and pain overwhelming her more and making the siren dizzy.

Lunar’s lips moved up, kissing under Xaels chin softly.

“Everything. Specially something bloody… Very bloody.” She whispered, her mouth watering at the thought of food.

“I cleaned the kitchen… I also started moving some of the stuff out of storage… I tried with some of the larger items but they started to hurt.” She whispered as she leaned back into in to her mate.

“But food… I’m starving…” She begged, closing her eyes as her stomach roared loudly.

d7cfc50f-139e-45b2-af56-c409184d2ac4_zpsbcgdl0ai.png

Kayden led their mini group back towards Luna's house, seeing the end of a fight as they rounded the last tree. As they snuck into the house, Savannah and Damion found spots on the couch while Kayden sat in her favorite spot -a special grey armchair with plush cushions that she adored. Braxton took a seat too and they continued their conversation, waiting for someone to give them instructions.

be4eb1d4035d91b3ca0d4e891e9586a2.jpg

After explaining her disaster story, Ash snuck downstairs and came back up with multiple glass bottles in her arms, all filled her alcohol.

"So your wedding day is ruined," he laughed, "And getting drunk is the answer?"

"Got a better one?" she asked, dropping back onto the bed and passing him a bottle.

"Not really."

"Great," she smiled opening the first bottle she grabbed, "Now it's your turn to fill me in on the past several weeks..."

"Yes...food," he smiled, picking her up and placing her feet on his so that as he walked she did, playfully leading her into the kitchen. Then with as much ease as possible he pulled her onto the island, letting her feet dangle off the side as he started pulling ingredients out.

"So it was everything with a side of blood right?"

Eli shook his head softly, stepping over to the main room quickly. He bit his lip softly, knowing he needed to be with Reyn, but he couldn’t have Nya around her incase. Stepping up to the two love birds, the other wolf long gone, stepped up to them.

“I need to check on Reyn… I don’t have much of a choice here… Can I trust you with her?” He asked, his eyes wide as the small red head nodded hesitantly.

“Take her Bae Bae, I swear if anything happens to her, you both will die.” He stated as the alpha’s arms naturally took the small girl into her arms, holding her protectively as Eli moved back to the bathroom, knocking on it.

“Let me in.” He stated, his voice non-negotiable.

Lunar’s head nodded with a soft giggle as Xael picked her up gently, allowing her feet to rest on his as he did all the work.

“Instead of a side, can it be just drenched and oozing? Still mooing?” She giggled, her butt hitting the granite softly, kissing her mate before Eli’s body wandered up, handing off the beautiful little child into her arms. Wrapping the child within her arms, the girl gathered the babies bae-bae within her arms, allowing the small child to grasp it quietly. Rocking back and forth, Lunars hand rested on the back of her head softly, soothing the small child.

“Shhhhh.” She soothed.

Eli handed his beautiful baby girl to Luna as Xael stepped forward, watching.

"Her name is Nya," Xael smiled as Elijah left, watching his mate interact with the tiny girl, "She's three months old."

The tiny child giggled as her finger's reached up and began playing with Luna's chin and mouth, innocent and sweet.

"Food. On it," he murmured to himself, returning to his task with an easy grin, "Coming right up beautiful."

“Who knew Eli could have something he cares about…” She whispered, looking down with mesmerized eyes.

“Not with a side, oozing. It needs to be oozing love. Still bleeding!” She called, the small child in awe as the child played with her, giggling as the wolf nibbled playfully at her tiny hand.

tumblr_mdlavchHJZ1qbch4xo1_500.png

Nereyda scrunched her eyes as the tears began to fall, her hyperventilating worsening as it became sobs. She could hear him knocking, but could barely move as her body leaned forward, falling towards the tub and her breakfast spilled out.

That could have been me...he wants me dead...how could he?

She spiraled further within herself, crying as she fell beside the toilet, her back against the wall.

“For Christ sake Reyn.” The Halfling muttered, twisting the nob until the metal’s within snapped, allowing him to push the door open. Closing the door behind him, Eli gathered the siren within his lap, kissing her hair softly as he curled her up within his lap, not saying a word as he simply stroked her back gently.

a28f065a85ef617ac267dfcc31914329.jpg

Xael set about making her lunch as he listened to the baby's giggles and squeals, Luna keeping her entertained.

"I didn't think it was possible till last night," Xael replied, "You should watch him when he's with Nya. I swore he's been body snatched or something, the man is completely different around his daughter."

tumblr_mdlavchHJZ1qbch4xo1_500.png

She clung to him, turning her head into his chest as her body shook violently, the sobs unceasing.

"He...wants me...dead," she gasped, grabbing handfuls of his shirt as anger and pain rocked her, "He...he..."

“Who’s a beautiful baby?” She whispered, nibbling on the childs fingers to her squealing delight.

“I didn’t think it was possible for him to stick around to any sort of commitment.” She spoke, her face lifting and dropping in exaggeration as Nya continued to squeal happily. “It’s good to know that Reyn and Nya are taken care of though.”

“Shhhh my love.” He whispered as he rocked her gently.

“He doesn’t, no one does baby. He’s a wolf.” He tried to sooth her, his own words burning his mouth as he tried to tell her otherwise.

“He doesn’t matter though. We have Nya. He didn’t give you Nya, he didn’t help you create her and experience her not just the making of her, but her creation of life.” He whispered into her hair.

“I love you Reyn.” He breathed into her hair.

Back
Top Bottom