Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

f65c19b6f50ff32cb34b5b39e0e1f95d.jpg

Eli’s arm rested around Reyns hips, his hand on her opposite hip.

“I’ll go take a look around, Savannah will look after you.” He nodded, looking down at the girl confidently. Kissing Reyn lovingly, the man quickly excused himself to survey the area. Rushing her inside, the Halfling quickly turned away from sight to pull his glamour over himself, dispelling his figure from view.

be4eb1d4035d91b3ca0d4e891e9586a2.jpg

"Kai!" she jumped forward, pulling at Braxton's arm before he could hit again, "Malakai, it's Malakai. Fuck Braxton, I've told you about him."

She swayed again, using his arm for support, "Stop Eli! He's a shifter. A shifter like me!"

It had been six months ago. It had been a sunny day, mid morning as she could remember it. She had been on her way to Reyn and Eli when she had stumbled into him in an inn. and he knew her, the other her. At first she had bolted, knowing anyone that knew Tamara was better off not talking to her.

But he had followed her, had stalked her to her village and confronted her when he realized she wasn't Tamara. It had been a chaotic day, but in the end the truth came out. Ash explained who she was and he had shed light on many of the unanswered questions she had. In the end, she had returned home with a fascinating tale to tell Braxton, not sure she'd ever see him again.

She had been wrong.

"Brax baby, please," she swayed, trying to hold his gaze, "I told you about him once."

marlon-teixeira-headshot.jpg

"You got a strong fist man," Kai stood, rubbing his jaw, "I'm sure I deserved that...for some reason or another."

He took a step forward, his hand reaching out to press flat between Ash's shoulder blades and keep her steady.

40f986c0b3a1bee2c049a1a3fc190109.jpg

Braxton’s hand moved away from Ashlin’s, smacking Kai’s hand away before swiping up and catching him in the jaw.

“Touch her again. I. fucking. Dare. you.” The creature snapped through his teeth, gritting them in an attempt to stay calm. While he clearly remembered, he wasn’t about to let him, let alone any man touch her.

He raised his hands in the air, taking a step back, "Sweetheart, I don't think your man likes me."

"Brax," she sighed, trying to refocus his attention, "Please calm down."

Braxton’s jaw began to strain, a muscle along his neck visibly standing out.

“No. Ashlin, You’re not his sweetheart, he doesn’t get to touch you.” He growled as he pulled Ashlin in, his arm winding around her hips as he steadied the swaying girl.

“I would also sober up… You need to go do your hair and makeup.” The man growled as his eyes stayed on the man in front of him.

"Which means he should leave." Braxton advised through his teeth.

It had been a month after first meeting him, but she could already pick him out in a crowd, seeing him in the busy town square.

"You're following me?" she grabbed his arm, yanking at it, "Look I know I look like Tamara, but I'm not her."

"That's the thing-"

"No...there is no thing. Her soul is dead. I explained what happened, and I'm sorry for your friend but she was corrupt and cruel."

"I know that," he stated blandely, surprising her, "Can we please go somewhere and I'll explain why I'm stalking you beautiful?"

"No calling me that," she snapped.

"Fine. Now please?" he motioned with his head and she sighed, giving in to curiousity.

He wouldn't speak until they were well out of the town, hidden amongst the trees. Then he turned, a sad smile on his face.

"There's a lot you don't know about my people, and my race," he shrugged, "In due time I'm sure you'll learn. What is important now, what you should know is our powers are not attached to our souls. They are a part of our body."

"But that...that means..."

He nodded, taking her hand and rubbing it softly. She was too shocked to pull away or tell him off, her brain freezing, "I'm still...still a shifter?"

"Yes sweetheart," he gave her a soft, sad smile, "I found out upon returning home. It's why I've been following you. Soon enough you will shift, and you won't have anyone to guide you or teach you how to shift back. I'm offering help."

"In exchange for what?" her blue eyes stared him down, knowing nothing was ever free."

"In exchange for you listening to all I have to say before casting me away," he replied, "Just give me one week."

Ash thought it over, and eventually nodded, still shocked that she could be a shifter, "If everything you say is true...then I'll need your help. If you are lying to me, I'll warn you now I don't like trickery and games."

He winked, smiling a dazzling white grin, "I'm all about the trickery and games though lovely. But don't worry, I can contain myself around you."

"He's my guest," she argued back, looking up at Braxton with a furrowed brow, "I invited him Braxton. And why do I need to do my hair and make up? Didn't you hear...the fucking chapel got cancelled."

Her eyes turned glassy as she felt that disappointment return, "The whole day's been ruined."

Braxton looked down at the small girl, nodding as his teeth continued to grind.

“Just do as I ask.” He stated, trying to hide his annoyance. Braxton looked up at Kai, glaring slightly.

“You can go to the other house while she fix’s herself up.” Braxton stated.

She crossed her arms, staring at her fiance, then at Kai, finally speaking, "Kai...give us a sec."

Nodding, the shifter walked out of the room, followed by Zeus.

"Jealous much?" she raised an eyebrow, her body steady as she turned to look at him.

Braxton’s haunting eyes looked down at her.

“You walk in and your fiance is drunk with another man in the room. Yes. I am. I’m also annoyed that it’s our wedding day, despite the fact that the chapel has fucked us, that you should be getting ready.” Braxton’s voice slowly calmed down as Kai left the room.

"I've been crying since I left the chapel," she explained, "so don't judge me for drinking a bit when my perfect day goes to shit because the priest calls me a monster and says I don't deserve a happy ending."

She dashed a tear as it began to fall, "And Kai found me wandering back and we decided to go for a run. We lost our clothes though, so we snuck up here so we weren't indecent around other guests. I don't see what I've done wrong. And I'm not getting all fancied up for a day that isn't happening until we find a new venue...which could take days, or even weeks!"

“Well you shouldn’t be crying.” Braxton’s deep voice stated as his hand slid under her chin, perking her face up to look at him.

“The priest was corrupt.” He told her, stopping as she spoke about losing her clothes. Braxton’s jaw tightened, the muscle along his neck beginning to stand out again. His eyes looked down hesitantly, trying to not get further annoyed.

“Losing your clothes… With another man?” He asked, his eye twitching while a brow raised.

"It's okay for the werewolves to run around stark naked, but when I do it..." she breathed loudly through her nose, "I told you when I shift I lose my clothing. I've been nothing but honest with you my love."

Except that one...tiny thing...

"You don't have to be jealous of him," she bit her lip, winding her arms around his waist, "It's you I'm in love with, and you I'm marrying right?"

“You told me this, but its not cool when it’s my wife, running around naked with another man. So yes Ashlin, I'm jealous.” He growled, pinching the bridge of nose while his eyes closed.

“Instead of arguing with me, do it for me. You’ll see why I’m asking you to. I’ll go grab Reyn for you to help you with your makeup and hair. Just do as I ask. “ Braxton told her, his fingers beginning to move in circles to try and help his annoyance.

She held her tongue, knowing pointing out she only ever shifted with Kai would only make matters worse.

"Fine," she sighed, her arms remaining crossed as she sat back down on the bed, "Send Reyn. But Kai stays with me too. Please. It would make me feel better.We will stay in the main room, I promise. But he doesn't know anyone here besides me. He's only briefly met Reyn and Eli...they probably don't even remember him."

She saw his look and her shoulders dropped, "Please baby. I'm having a really bad day. Just this one thing...please Braxton."

Stunning large hazel eyes looked around her, taking in the beautiful home before her. Her travel’s had been long as she’d taken the time to find this place. It had been years since she’d seen him, and now she was about to be reunited with him. A perfect hand rose to the door nob, simply twisting it as she opened the door, striding in confidently.

“Braxxy?” Her beautiful, angelic yet haunted voice called out, her eyes taking in the beauty of the home she had let herself into.

Braxton huffed, still rubbing the bridge of his nose.

“Fine. But if at any point you are changing or have any… Any skin showing Ashlin, I swear to god… I fucking swear to god he won’t be breathing a second longer.” Braxton stated, stiffening as a voice rung out.

“Oh lord…” He huffed again, turning to look at the door.

"Uh Ash," Kai blinked a few times, staring at the stranger letting herself in, "There's a random lady in your house."

"What the hell?" he could hear Ash's voice float downstairs, her tone sobering up by the minute as she came quickly down the stairs.

Braxton’s hand reached out, just missing Ashlin as her body floated out the room and down stairs.

“Ashlin! No!” He called, following her and cringing as moved down the stairs.

fac3d5c0bda0855afab2fcb011077e34.jpg

Beautiful pink lips pulled up as she batted her long eyelashes.

“I’m not random. I’m beautiful.” She giggled, her eyes looking up in glee as Braxton’s large form slipped down the stairs.

With ease, the girl gracefully leaped into Braxton, her arms slipping around his arms.

“I got your invite Braxxy-Poooboooo.” Her stunning voice echoing throughout the room.

“Well… Nice to see you too Kyli.” Braxton groaned, his strong arms winding around her before peeling her off.

Ash stepped up beside Kai, watching the proceedings with interest. From what she could gather, he'd invited her, making her either family or a close friend from Australia. Looking over, she noticed Kai giving the girl a once over and elbowed him playfully, shaking her head. He stuck out his tongue in turn, making her smile, the stress of the day slipping away once more around him.

Quietly she waited for her fiance to introduce her, her eyes trained on both of them.

Braxton looked over at Ashlin, his sister elbowing him in the ribs.

“Oh my goooood Braxxxy Poo? Is this the woman in your letters?” She piped up, a soft blush pressing across his cheeks as his sister looked over at her, bouncing over to poke and prod at his bride to be.

“Ashlin, this is my sister. Kyli.” He introduced them, watching his sister lifting Ashlins arms and hair.

“Oh Brax, she’s just as beautiful as you spoke!” Kyli squealed, her haunting voice uplifting the room.

“Kyli. Tone it back.” He stated, watching the girl withdrawal her hands quickly.

"Uhh..." she stiffened, unhappy she was being touched, "Hi."

Kai took a step forward, his body straightening as he felt her unease. Ash sent him a look, asking him to back down as the sorceress took Kyli's hands off of her, "Brax...can I speak with you in private for a sec love?"

Braxton growled at his sister, watching the little creature quickly move away, hands down and entwining to keep her excitement to herself.

“Yes love.” He replied, turning with her to walk to another room.

They stepped into another room, and Ash's head poked back out quickly, glaring at Kai, mouthing the word "Behave."

Closing and locking the door, she turned to her fiance.

"I thought you said no one responded to the invites you sent?" she asked, pushing herself into his arms, "She seems..........nice?"

Back
Top Bottom