Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Kitten sighed and then looked down at her food. She picked up the chop sticks and starting eating her lo mein as well. A heavy sigh left her nostrils..she had a lot on her mind and no idea where to start. Why had she never thought about these things before?

"Something on your mind?" Sejae said idly, licking his lips again as he sipped his tea. Girl acted like she had never thought in her life before.

"Everything..." Kitten answered after a moment. "I don't know why, I thought I had everything figured out this entire time. But now I don't know why I thought that. Even though I was so sure before you asked me all these questions...it's frustrating. Not remembering things."

"Charm does a lot of things to people, Kitten," Sejae chuckled. "A lot of things...you don't need to figure things out when you think someone else knows, and that you trust them...and maybe you don't need to know why you do, some people like just knowing that they can trust someone implicitly...me though? I don't know," he mused. "I grew up in a place where trust meant you knew that person, someone saying 'trust me', means about as much to me as a cheap date and a broken condom. Worthless, trust is earned...not simply satisfied with words."

"I may not know much about them, but I know enough. They take care of me. Just like I take care of the Blue and the rest...and one day they'll help me figure out who I am. But first, I have to help them." Kitten started to eat some of the General Tso's chicken as she looked into his eyes. She wanted to figure him out, mainly because she had no idea what his intentions were. Did he just want to be her friend? It had to be something else. Why would anyone want to be her friend?

"Is that so?" Sejae said idly, swirling his tea. "So if you know enough, then why are you questioning it at all?" he murmured. "Taking care of someone is commendable, but what if the intentions behind it are not honest? You can take care of people for lots of reasons, Kitten...are theirs the ones you're satisfied with?"

Kitten stopped eating before she put her chopsticks down. He was making a lot of sense..just like they made a lot of sense when they spoke to her. "I don't know..I have to talk to them." She repeated. She wanted to leave now..but she also wanted to talk to him again. "..Can we meet here again tomorrow? I want to give you the answers..."

"...Sure," Sejae murmured. "...Kitten, be careful, alright? A girl like you doesn't need more problems." And this was undoutably going to be a problem. She seemed...lost, confused. He supposed 'Kitten' was an apt name. She wanted a place to stay where she could be loved, but she didn't know what that meant, perhaps?

Kitten was surprised. Was he actually worried about her? Why..? She never thought anyone except for Shi and Zhao would ever care enough to be worried about her. "..Okay. I'll see you tomorrow, Sejae." She told him before getting up suddenly and hurrying out the door. She really..really needed to figure things out. She needed to remember.

It took her a little while to get home, since they were far from any "poorer" areas of Blue. However, when she did get home..she felt like what she was about to do was wrong. This was really the first time she'd ever ask them questions...it all made sense in the beginning but now she just didn't understand it. First thing was first though..she had to tell them where she had gone. She started to wander around the house, but eventually she found them and she could feel her heart racing the moment she saw them. Why did she feel so guilty?

"I'm home.."

"Kitten," Di Shi purred as he rose up from his chair to scratch her chin. "You were out late...did it take that long to feed those pets of yours?" She seemed anxious, as well...did something happen? Zhao glanced over to her, but left his brother to handle her for the moment. He was busy on his phone. Things were getting progressively tighter, unfortunately...

"No. I ran into..trouble. But, a boy helped me. He saved Blue...so I asked what he wanted in return. He wanted to eat dinner with me. That's where I was..." She stared up at Shi to see his reaction. She wasn't sure if she did something wrong or not, to be honest. Well..it didn't feel like it. The only thing that felt wrong was not telling them beforehand.

"...Oh?" Shi said, brow raised a fraction as Zhao glanced over. "What boy is this, Kitten? What's his name?" Well, that was a change of pace, wasn't it?

Kitten hesitated as she continued to study Shi's face. Her eyes the flickered to Zhao, but they immediately went back to the twin in front of her. "Sejae..." A simple answer...but she still felt like she was doing something wrong...incredibly wrong.

"...I see," Shi said after a moment. "And what did you two talk about, Kitten?" Sejae? That greasy korean boy that hung around that dog, Komoku? How did he find her?

"Umm...well..." Kitten looked at her feet, fiddling with her fingers. All she could think of were questions that he asked, questions she wanted to ask them. "..We talked about DC. And Mei. Umm...and the future. And...me."

"...And?" Shi said, tilting her chin up to look at her in the eyes. "Don't be a bad girl, Kitten...tell me what you talked about," he said, his voice soothing and comforting as his other hand stroked her hair. "Good girls are honest, remember?"

Kitten looked into his eyes. They were almost hypnotizing to her. The main way she could tell the twins apart was the look of their eyes. Shi had a much gentler look than Zhao did. "Well...he asked me how you two planned to bring peace to Turuga after DC is gone...and I didn't know how to answer him."

"A valid question," Shi said, still stroking his hair. "And do you want to know, my little Kitten?" he purred, leaning down to give her a faint kiss. "It's simple...removing the DC means we can have our own rule, something that is not founded by the Kishi and their single minded concept. We will establish our own method of keeping law."

When he kissed her, she closed her eyes and listened to what he had to say. That's what they said last time, but when Kitten thought about it..actually thought about it...she still didn't understand. She opened her eyes and then sighed a little. "Well..what method do you plan on establishing?" That was what she was curious about..that and a few other things. That was the first time she had questioned them further. Before she didn't think she had to worry about these things, but...well Sejae had her curious.

Shi tilted his head curiously at her, grinning. "My my...what little worm has crawled into your head, Kitten? Do you not trust us?"

"No..! I trust you..I just...want to know." So she could tell Sejae...and also so she would understand. "I didn't mean to offend, but I felt silly when I couldn't answer Sejae..."

"Hm, fair enough..." Shi said, stroking her chin. "We wish to create...the true meaning of Turuga," he murmured. "Our grandfather had many dreams, you see...none of them were achieved."

"Mm, while our grandfather was very rich...he was not very charismatic," Zhao smiled. "And thus, the Kishi could do as they pleased without much room for argument from anyone else...and when they did, they left our grandfather with little to his name in Turuga, and he returned to China in shame."

Kitten listened to them both. She remembered this part. It seemed like an honest idea. The Kishi were bad..they stole something that belonged to Shi and Zhao's family...they needed to be punished. But that was about all she knew. "What is the true meaning..of Turuga?"

"Freedom," Zhao mused. "Although, freedom means many things...it is unfortunate that we have to ally ourselves with such terrible people, but one must do what they must to see their goals accomplished."

"We would see the DC gone, and something that is not bound by petty rules to oversee how Turuga breathes," Shi murmured. "Is that so unreasonable, my Kitten? Do you think that we are evil people?"

"No, I don't." Kitten began, frowning at the implication. She really thought the world of them. She only wanted to know what they had in mind for the future. "But...I thought that if we got rid of DC, Turuga could know peace. I don't like fighting. Will freedom be peaceful? Or will it be..chaotic?" She was starting to feel really bad for questioning them. It almost made her want to stop, but there was one question that was really bothering her that she had yet to ask.

Back
Top Bottom