Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Mei's face exploded in bright red, and she wondered who else other than Jana had heard that last comment. Her mother seemed to be oblivious..but it was hard to tell because she always had that goofy smile on her face.

"Anyway Komoku is right," Megumi concluded after a bit. "That Steven was a cowardly fellow, the ass kicking was enough. But that concludes the story. Mel didn't even get to the good part after we put him in the hospital." She winked at Mel.

Not too far away from the Wolfe residence, a familiar girl was shuffling about with a bag filled with food. More specifically, food for the stray cats she liked to feed. Food wasn't as abundant in Blue for them, so they were often skinny and frail. Which is why Kitten liked to feed them. She did this every day, and recently a group of Blue students had been laughing at her. One got way too close, but she quickly taught her a lesson with a smack in the face with chains. . Mainly because she liked to wear that raggedy hooded jacket over her nice clothes...and she had those shackles.

Today was different though. They were getting way too close to her, but she attempted to ignore them as she continued to feed the cats. Though when she heard a distressed meow, she couldn't help but whirl around to face them. Her eyes widened a fraction when she saw one of the cats she had been taking care of being held by the collar of it's neck by a large stocky boy. He was accompanied by a girl and three more male students.

"Hey bitch! Remember me!" The girl asked, though honestly it took Kitten a little while to figure out who she was. Then she remembered, it was the girl she had driven away when she got too close.

"..Let go of Blue." Kitten growled as she crouched just a fraction of a second.

"I'll let go of him when we put you in your goddamn place, trash! You don't belong here, just like these goddamn cats don't belong here!" The red headed girl took a stone and threw it. It was like a bullet, one that Kitten dodged easily but....if it had hit her it would have went through her body. "Hold still, or else we're going to kill this mangy thing..." The boys started to move closer to her, pulling out a bat, a tire iron..blunt weapons meant to hurt. Kitten didn't have a choice, but she just glared at them as they started closing in.

"You're all fools." Kitten muttered as she lowered her arms.

"Yes, they are," There was another voice, one that made the girl's eyes widen, and the boys shrunk back like they had suddenly been bit. The large boy didn't move, because he had a razor sharp needle of ice pressed against the back of his neck. Sejae's eyes narrowed, and the boy broke out into a cold sweat.

"S-Sejae...how...how's it goin, man?" he said nervously.

"Let go of the cat, or I skin you open," Sejae said coldly, blue eyes narrowed. They had no idea what they had came across, had they? Sejae had been trailing her for the past few blocks, he knew who it was...but he also knew better than to try and do something like arrest her. This, however? This was just a dishonorable stunt that disgusted him.

"Funny how you call her gutter trash, and here you are, ready to hurt innocent animals." he muttered. "Sit the cat down." And...after a moment, the squirming cat was finally let go and it bolted towards the trashcan behind kitten.

"T...There, all good, right?" he said with a nervous smile.

"No," Sejae said, and in one sharp movement, the boy was unconscious, hitting the ground with a red mark on the back of his neck.

Kitten watched all of them pretty much run away, the two boys grabbing the larger one and dragging him off. Kitten stared at Sejae like a feral animal, her body tense as if she was ready to pounce on him. She didn't recognize him at all, but she wasn't used to dealing with other people besides the twins. Still, she felt like she should at least say thank you. "..why did you help me?"

"Wouldn't you?" Sejae shrugged. "You think people like that should get away with treating animals like dirt? They're worse than trash themselves...but I know the feeling," he said, smiling as he ran his hand through his dyed hair. "You okay?"

Woo, that look she was giving him could melt steel...probably literally, given what he knew.

Kitten relaxed a bit and then turned away as she pulled a handful of food out of her pocket. "I'm alright. Thank you." She responded as she moved back to the dumpster and then crouched down. She let the food fall to the ground, and the cats began to peek out again. Blue was one of the last, but she made sure that he had gotten something to eat. "..They're not afraid of you. So maybe I shouldn't be either..."

"Well, I'm not going to hurt you," Sejae murmured. "...I don't really think I could if I wanted to," he admitted with a rub of his neck, grinning faintly. "Those idiots don't see it, but I do...you got a lotta oomph in that body, girl."

Kitten's muscles tensed again as she looked back at him. "How do you know that?" She demanded as she narrowed her eyes. Just like a cat, she slowly straightened up cautiously, ready to move at a moments notice if he chose to attack her. Though she did trust him..just a little bit more than other people since the cats were coming out.

"Are you kidding?" Sejae said dryly, brow raised. "I can practically smell it off you, let alone feel it. Call it a hunch from getting into a lot of fights. Chi, spirit energy...whatever, I can feel it. You're strong, a lot stronger than a girl your age usually is."

For a moment she was silent before she slowly started moving towards him slowly. She wasn't used to people other than Shi and Zhao helping her, so she wasn't sure how to make it up to him. "I don't like owing people. What would you like from me in return?" She asked him as she stopped just a few inches away from his shirtless form. Personal space didn't seem to be a thing for her.

Sejae's brow stayed raised as she moved closer. Something about her posture was completely...vulnerable, but he didn't like that too much. He supposed it was just how she was? They didn't have much to go on about her.

"...How about your name?" he said with a faint smile. "That's a good start, I'm Sejae."

"Kitten..nice to meet you, Sejae." She answered as she tilted her head a little, her curious blue eyes staring deep into his. Why did he want to know that? "Though I do not believe that information alone would be a proper returned favor."

"Good enough for me," Sejae shrugged. "Shouldn't you be with your friends, or something? It's a little rough out here, people make the wrong assumptions about you."

She raised an eyebrow at him before moving her hands in the pockets of her jacket, the chains on her shackles rattling slightly. "I'm with my friends." She told him as she slightly glanced behind her at the cats.

"Not a bad set of friends," Sejae smiled. "Not really the kind that can watch your back so well though, eh?" Hm, this was the girl? The one who had given Damien and Mei so much trouble? He found it hard to believe, but her posture was very...primal? at times.

"I don't need them to. I'm strong, and also I have two others watching over me. If you hadn't shown up, those people would have been beaten within an inch of their lives for harming me. Because one of them is a much better fighter than I am." She explained to him as her eyes shifted away. He had a nice smile. Handsome guy who was good with animals.

"Yeah? Must be quite the guy," Sejae mused, arms crossed. "But what kinda guy leaves a girl out here alone, eh? Doesn't seem very gentlemanly if you ask me."

"I am not so weak that I need to be babysat. The only reason why I needed help tonight was because they were threatening Blue. And I don't care what you say. Saving Blue's life is worth more than just my name...I am still in your debt." She insisted as she continued to stare up at him.

Sejae scratched his cheek somewhat awkwardly, girl had a gaze that could melt steel...woo. Too many girls that did that. "...Okay," Sejae murmured, leaning down a little with a faint smile. "You hungry? let's get some lunch...we can chat. I'm curious about you, little Kitten."

"If that is what you wish." She had never been asked to have lunch by anyone other than Shi and Zhao, but she didn't see the harm in it. Normally people avoided her...but he seemed to be okay with her around. No, it was more than that. He was interested in her, but she wasn't sure why he would be. "We can eat wherever you'd like."

"Sure, I know a great place," Sejae grinned. "Mind if I ask how a girl like you got so strong?" he said, hands in his pockets. Dujae would never let him hear the end of this one..he hoped Komoku would still be a little diplomatic with Mei about this...ugh.

She hesitated for a bit before she followed him to wherever he planned to tal her. "Since as long as I can remember, I have always been this way. I have grown stronger and stronger every day, however. Because I train a lot."

"I can tell," Sejae mused. "You know, lotta people are talking about you?" he said. "You're the girl that fended off the new DC Commander and Damien, not small fries by any means." And naturally, he just finds her while he was making his round to go home, just as well...Dujae and Cat were probably being disgusting.

Kitten was silent for a moment. If people knew about that, then why did those idiots attack her? Or maybe they just didn't recognize her? Either way, she wasn't sure how she felt about him knowing she did that. It was a bad thing she did, at least right now when DC was in charge of everyone. "Yeah...they were good. But I was better." Especially when Shi was possessing her.

"So I hear," Sejae grinned, glancing back at her. There weren't bad parts of Blue, persay...but there were grimier parts. The places where a korean who hated shirts, had tattoos and blue hair settled in a little more. So a tiny, ragged dressed girl would fit right in. "You had Mei fuming for quite some time, I hear...she doesn't take that kind of thing well."

"Then she should get stronger." Kitten nonchalantly said as looked ahead. From what she saw, the woman had potential. But she didn't know how to fight against people that were faster than her, or near her level. "When we fought, she seemed surprised. Like she didn't believe that anyone could be better than her. That's why she lost. She didn't know what to do."

Back
Top Bottom