Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"She's learning," Sejae said with a shrug. "So I'm told, I barely know her, really. I've always been used to crawling up from the bottom." You just kind of got used to it, after a while. There was always someone better, smarter, stronger...you just had to accept that fact to move on.

"Even if she is learning, it will be in vain. She should give up so she doesn't get hurt again. It's admirable of her to continue to breath life into something that died the moment Kishi did. However, if she continues she will get hurt a lot worse than what I did to her." Kitten had no idea if Sejae was apart of DC or not. But she didn't really care. Even if he was, he couldn't do anything.

"You think so?" Sejae asked, nudging his shoulder into a run down chinese joint. A 'greasy wok', if you had Komoku's since of humor. "You're forgetting about a few things, though, Kitten. But I suppose your point of view makes sense...from your perspective."

Kitten walked into the place with him, her eyes shifting to look up at him once more. "What am I forgetting, exactly?" This one was a mystery. Then again, everyone really was to her. Though she had never quite been interested in anyone but him.

"Well, DC was usually composed of people who...weren't like me," Sejae mused, sitting down at a table. "Don't get me wrong, though...can't say I fully understand what the DC is doing, never have...but then again, people like me and Komoku? We never would have been material for them, now? There's a lot of rough looking people in the DC, can't say why...but maybe they want to make a difference, or just be something more than some hood rat. Call it desperation, or smart thinking from Jana...there's a lot of people now who have purpose....dangerous thing, wouldn't you say?"

"It doesn't matter," Kitten began as she looked towards the counter, at the people who were ready to take their order. "People like that can find other purposes. Once DC is gone, I'm sure people like you can find something much more useful than being apart of an empty organization that lives to only oppress. Even if this Mei has good intentions from the start, sooner or later she'll just lose her way."

"Really?" Sejae smiled, elbows resting on the table as he regarded her. Opinionated girl, wasn't she? "Tell me, Kitten...do you think it is inherently wrong to want stability from chaos? Much of the DC is filled with 'thugs' that would never see the light of day anywhere else. Maybe they don't like it, but they're sticking around. Because a purpose is different from simply doing what your told, or doing what you want. If you believe in a purpose long enough, they come together. Mei is different, maybe you're right, though..." he shrugged. "Maybe one day, she will be just like a Kishi and grip this place by the balls. But it won't be happening anytime soon...quite frankly, it's nice to have the place calmed down."

Kitten was quiet for a moment as she thought about his words. Truth be told, she didn't actually like fighting. Peace was good, but Shi and Zhao said peace would never come as long as DC still existed. "...So what? You are saying you prefer this temporary peace until eventually it goes away again? There are other ways to keep Turuga calm. I don't know how, but my job isn't to think about those things. My masters will give Turuga peace. They promised me."

"I'm sure your Masters tell you the same thing that Mei has told everyone else, that her way is the way for peace, that her way is stable." Sejae smiled. "Your loyalty is admirable, but don't let it cloud your own judgement. What makes you think they'll do anything that Mei or the DC isn't going to do? Do you think that letting the DC go is the wiser choice? What would replace it? How would they do anything different?"

Kitten grimaced and then looked away. She never asked how. She never asked them anything. She couldn't answer his questions, and to be honest she never thought about it. Maybe she would ask when she got a chance. "I don't know. I just trust them because they told me to..."

"If you trust them, then you trust them" Sejae murmured. "I just hope you trust them for the right reasons." Who knows? Maybe Shi and Zhao were people who could be loyal to their friends...underlings? Whatever.

"Well..they've been taking care of me since as long as I remember. That's why I trust them." She told him as she looked out the window. "I don't really have a reason not to."

"That's a good enough reason," Sejae assured with a faint grin. "Don't think too hard about it, Kitten...if you believe in them, then it becomes a choice of how much you believe, and why? Everyone has their reasons, even you."

"What? I..suppose." She said quietly before sighing a little. This was just stuff she didn't think about. Sometimes it was just better not to think. Obeying was something she could easily do, thoughts just complicated things. "I don't want to talk about this anymore. I just obey. That's all I should do. My reasons mean nothing."

"Really?" Sejae said idly. "So what's your reason for coming with me for lunch? Do you think they would approve of this?"

"You saved Blue. I owed you a favor...but..." She grimaced as she realized that she probably should have talked to one of them first before agreeing. "You're the first person that's ever invited me to lunch. I probably will get punished for not checking if this is okay, but...again. I owed you a favor. I don't mind the punishment.."

The way she said it implied something other than 'punishment'. But Sejae said nothing as the server brought them their meals, beef lo-mein and general tso's chicken. He was a simple man, sometimes...he liked his food filling and spicy.

"I see," Sejae finally said. "But anyone who gets punished for wanting friends isn't a very happy person, I wouldn't think?"

For a moment, she was quiet as she thought about those words. She didn't think anyone was interested in being friends with her at all. So it never crossed her mind. "Well..I am happy. I think they would want me to be happy, just as long as I deserve it. Since I forgot to ask if this would be okay though..I don't think I do."

"You don't deserve to be happy?" Sejae said, brow raised. "And you're thinking that the DC is oppressive?"

"That's different. I chose to serve them. They take care of me..they're all I have." Kitten explained, though she couldn't help but start thinking about her words, if they matched what truly went on. She honestly couldn't remember how it was before she began to serve them, or what made her decide to in the first place.

"Choosing to serve and ignoring your happiness are two different things," Sejae said, popping in some chicken to chew thoughtfully, licking his lips of the hot, spicy sauce. "Shouldn't you be happy to serve them, then?"

"I am happy, just not when I disobey them..." Why was she getting confused? He was asking too many questions...but she didn't know how to answer them. "Why do you keep asking me these things?"

"Why do you not know the answers?" Sejae asked easily in turn, shoving in a chopstick full of lo-mien casually and chewing a little before swallowing. "If you're so sure, then you should know, right?"

She wasn't really touching her food, but only because she felt bothered by what he was saying. "..I have to talk to them. Then I will have answers." She told him after a while. It had been a while since she spoke to them anyway...about things like this. She just...needed to hear their resolve once more.

"Perhaps you should," Sejae smiled. "Eat, girl...you're scrawny enough as it is, don't make me eat your share, too." A battle fought without violence was a well fough battle, indeed.

Back
Top Bottom