Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It Can't Be Real(Distain2003+Anjeru)

"You seem a bit off today and.... you have been tasting different for a while now. " He spoke softly looking into her eyes a bit worried but not terribly. "Your blood tastes different and ... i woke up feeling cloudy this morning like there was something in it that is making my mind heavy. I have never tasted it before so i am not certain what it could be. Do you want me to take you to see someone and get you some medicine so you can get better?"

"I'm sure it's nothing, Stephen, I'm just tired. Fatigued I guess," she admitted and kissed him softly. "I'm sure it will pass in time." She yawned again and rubbed her eyes. "After the council leaves, I'm going to run to the store down the street. I'll grab something then." She stretched a little, her lower back feeling a little worn out. "In the meantime, I think I will lay down on the couch and watch some tv, ok?" she said as she stepped up, pressing a kiss to his lips before she padded out into the livingroom and stretched out on the couch. Hand lazily picking up the remote and flicking on the tv, before yawning and setting it back down.

Stephen walked over and kissed her cheek smiling brightly as he put his hand on her stomach patting it lightly. He moved over to a small table taking a deep breath getting things ready for when they arrived. It would not be long before he heard the elevator come to life and he moved quickly to stand in front of it. He was only just out of sight around the corner when he could be heard speaking in a loud firm tone. "I understand who you are but there are issues involved with just walking up into my room. If you wish me to be friendly when you just walk in then it appears i do not understand Japanese hospitality. " Another voice spoke in hushed tones before Stephen and another man in a fine suit nearly as tall as Stephen entered the room and moved into another room off to the side.

Amelia had started dozing when she heard Stephen's voice and she sat up, rubbing at her eyes a little. Drowsily she got up from the couch and made her way to where she heard Stephen's voice. "Stephen? Are they here?" she asked softly, but stopping when she saw the man with her fiancee. "Oh...I guess that's a yes." She walked to him and gave him a soft kiss. The man's eyes were watching her every move and she suddenly felt very self conscious, folding her arms over her waist. "I'll be here when you get back," she reassured Stephen.

He smiled kissing her in return as the man looked her over and then looked at Stephen. "I will be back soon my dear relax and enjoy your day. " He spoke softly and kissed her cheek and turned to leave with the man he was very clearly not happy about the way the man had come to him. He turned and the man lead him to the elevator and to a small room at the back of the hotel bar.

Amelia nodded and went back to the couch when Stephen left, not really liking how closely the other man had been looking at her. As if there was something about her that was distracting, or something. She flipped through the channels, rather bored for awhile, before she settled on some crazy japanese game show. To at least keep her entertained. It wasn't long before she dozed off again, laying only partially on her side, one arm hanging off the couch with her head pillowed on it, the other across her abdomen. Legs half bent and tucked in. She would be dozing like that until whenever it was that Stephen came back.

Stephen went down to the bar standing there even when they asked him to sit. He refused he had always been one to deny authority and he was not going to change that now. He stood there and answered their questions about his past and his reasons for being here. When he said that his fiance wanted to come here and they where going to marry here they all looked nervous. After an hour of talking the eldest stood and walked over to him. "Stephen you are welcome here let me go greet your finance and congratulate her on your engagement. " Stephen nodded and lead the pair up stairs into the room leading him to the couch where she slept.

Amelia was still asleep when they came in and still resting the same way on the couch. The elder seemed to study her quietly for a moment, as if there was something there that Stephen couldn't see or sense. "She's beautiful...there's just one thing." The man said and tilted his head curiously, as if he was listening to something. "There are only three bodies with one heartbeat, so three heartbeats in this room and yet, I hear four heartbeats." He admitted, looking for a moment at Amelia before sliding his gaze to Stephen.

"Four? You mean? That taste! I did not think! I can get a mortal pregnant?!" His voice got loud as he looked at the man shocked. When his first wife died he had sworn he would never have a child even if he found a way to do so. His mind raced back to the women he had been with over the years. How many of them had he accidentally got pregnant before he left. His heart broke he felt at the same time terrified, horrible, and ecstatic. "What? Will the child be mortal? Vampire? " He looked at him confused.

"Ah, so you have noticed a change in the taste of her blood then. It's likely from the change of the hormones in her body that she needs to substain a pregnancy. However, I do not believe you can get any woman pregnant, Stephen. There have been similiar cases like this, where a vampire got a mortal woman with child, but not just any mortal woman. It was always a woman with pyschic ability. Does Amelia have any sort of mental strength that you've noticed?" he asked, curious, his eyes sliding back to the prone form for a moment before he walked to the bedroom as to not wake up Amelia as the two conversed, waving Stephen in with him.

Stephen chuckled when he said so following the man into the room looking at him. "I ... did not believe her at first she said she knew i was different because she felt it with her mind. So i put her engagement ring into my pocket and then though for her to reach into my pocket and take it out. ... She did and then i proposed. She has the strongest mind i have ever seen . " He looked at the man trying to figure this out his mind spinning. "So i can not get her pregnant? "

"Ah, well, that would explain it. Only mortal women with very strong minds can get pregnant by a vampire. And usually, only with the one that fate has truly labeled as their one and only true mate. We all have our fun with mortal women, even immortal ones, but only one woman is ever truly meant for us." He tried his best to explain it, knowing how confused Stephen had to be. "You can get her pregnant, Stephen. She is pregnant. If she remains mortal throughout the pregnancy, she will bear a mortal child. If she is changed before she reaches her second trimester, roughly 10 weeks, her child will be changed with her and she will bear a immortal child. Rarely does a immortal child live, so it's best if you let her bear the child mortal and raise it mortal until you both feel he, or she, is ready to be changed. If he, or she, wishes to be changed. Do you understand?"

"What will happen if i continue to feed from her? Will it hurt the baby? " He looked at him nervously wondering how fate could have chosen her for him when he was born so long before her. It was all so confusing but he knew Amelia was going to be happy. Or he assumed she would be he was not certain how she was going to react to all this. He was not certain how he was going to react about this. "After she has the child... Will we need to be careful? How can we stop spawning children if we do not want any more? "

"You can still feed from her, as long as you don't over do it. No more than absolutely necessary. And if you don't want anymore children, simply change her. An undead woman cannot bear children, because she needs to feed on mortals. She wouldn't have what she needs, body wise, to substain a pregnancy. Though, Stephen, if you want children, this would be the time you should capatilize on it. Once she is changed, you cannot concieve children together." He explained, crossing his arms and leaning back against the wall. "There's one other thing...and very rarely does this happen...but she has a reborn soul."

"I am not certain i understand what you mean by a reborn soul." He spoke softly setting down looking out the open door at the love of his life laying on the couch sleeping. The thought that his child was in her made his heart skip several beats. He was going to be a father! He had thought he had lost hat chance when his wife died. He had no clue what to do all he knew was that he was going to try his hardest to make the best of everything for her.

He turned his thoughts over in his mind a moment, thinking of how to explain it. "It's a soul that has lived before. Very rarely, when a mortal dies before their true destined time, their soul will be reborn. Often times, they will never remember anything of their previous life. Something, or someone, has to trigger it. Has she been doing anything strange lately? Out of character? Or...sometimes I heard the memories may manifest themselves in dreams. Has she had any strange, yet familiar dreams lately?"

"She has been drawing images that she can not explain where she got the idea from. Said something about a strange dream where she thought she was dieing... And then... he stomach hurt. "Stephen looked up at her mouthing his wife's name silently. "My ... wife was killed ... she was stabbed in the stomach the night i was changed. The same day she had the dream that made her stomach hurt... I dreamt about my wife... and all the women i had lost since. " He looked at him his eyes wide wondering if they could be linked.

The elder listened to Stephen closely, watched the emotions crawling across his face and tumbling into his eyes. "It could very well be that she has your wife's soul, Stephen. No mortal dreams of being another mortal, especially a deceased one, without some meaning behind it. We vampires are just really the only ones who understand it. I kind of got the sense from you that she resembles your wife, does she not? That is usually also another sign." He drummed his fingers on his arm. "This would mean that your wife wasn't meant to die when she did, so she was given another chance, but was born as Amelia this time around. Though, it would seem fate has brought the two of you back together again."

"Sir i thank you greatly for both your hospitality here in your city and... Your incite here. I do how ever have to go tell my fiance that she is pregnant she will be so happy. " He smiled standing offering his hand to him and leading him politely from the room. "Sir you have done me so many kindnesses thank you and i owe you a great deal. " Once the man left Stephen went and knelt by his sleeping wife looking at her face smiling brightly.

The man walked with Stephen back to the front of the apartment to the elevator and gladly shook his hand. "You're very welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here. Give my congratulations to your fiancee for us," he said before he got into the elevator and left.

Amelia was still sleeping softly, but from somewhere deep inside of her, she felt like she was being watched. She tried her best to rouse herself, her body shuffling a little as she stretched. "Mmm," she made a soft noise as she stretched, before rubbing her eyes and letting them open with a yawn. "Stephen? Mmm, how did it go?" she asked, still half asleep.

"It went fine my love, It went well... " He smiled his hand moving to rest on her stomach he could feel the heart inside her now that he knew it was there. "One of the elders just left and... we need to talk. The elder that brought me back to here figured out why your so exhausted. " He smiled looking into her eyes how to tell her before finally decided on the simplest way. "He says its because ... your going to be a mother. We are going to have a child Amelia!"

Amelia was slowly waking up and she listened to him as he laid his hand on her stomach. He paused for a second and she was worried that the elders had told him that they couldn't be together by the way he 'we need to talk.' Her eyes widened then at his last sentence, that they were having a child. "W-what? P-pregnant?" she gasped out, almost in complete shock. "But...how? I thought we couldn't...?" She couldn't seem to finish her sentences and after a moment, she smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, tears splashing against his skin. "Oh god, I'm so happy! I wanted to give you a baby, so bad! Because, I know you lost one...I'm so happy!"

"It is because of you it has nothing to do with me. There are only a hand full of women that can have children with vampires and you are one of them. You need to decide how many children you want before this one is born. Because ... once i change you, you can never have another child. " He spoke softly holding her close with one arm leaving his palm against her stomach enjoying the way the heart felt against his hand.

Amelia leaned back and listened to him with a sense of awe. "Me?" she blinked and tilted her head but decided to go with it. Her body fell back and laid back down on the couch, setting her hand over his as it laid on her still flat stomach. "I can't believe it...it's too good to be true. We're going to be married and we're going to have a baby..." she mumured in awe, stroking her fingers across the back of his hand. "I can't believe it."

He smiled taking a deep breath kissing her neck trying to figure out if he should tell her about the old soul. "Can you tell me about your dreams the ones that you don't understand? The ones that you have been drawing about? What happened the day you felt like you were stabbed?" He spoke softly looking into her eyes taking her free hand with his. He could not bare himself to take his hand away from her stomach.

Back
Top Bottom