Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter? (Part 4) WF+GF

By the time Jake was back, Owen and Max were in the room with Adri. Owen was used to getting up early because of day care but today he was up a little bit earlier than usual with more energy than normal. Adri tried to give him her phone to placate him but he was up. He didn’t want to sit on the bed, he wanted to run around.

When Jake came into the room, Owen was quick to jump off and run to Jake. Adri figured it was time to get up now. She got out of the bed and checked on the twins. They were getting better at sleeping through their brother’s shenanigans.

“Why don’t you go get dressed for school?” She asked Owen and sent him off. That would keep him occupied for a bit.

“I had the most amazing dream about you on a yacht in the middle of the ocean with minimal clothing.” She told him and gave him a kiss.

“Do you want breakfast before you go to the gym? Eggs, sausage, toast?” She asked him.

Jake was a bit surprised when Owen came running at him with so much energy. He was fast asleep when he left. "What is going on in here?" Jake picked him up. "Hey buddy. What are you doing? Why are you running and being so loud?"

He set him down when Adri mentioned him getting dressed for school. "Ooo school! Then after you can come help daddy and papa move."

Jake grinned and kissed her softly. "Yeah? We didn't get much of a honeymoon maybe we can make that happen soon." He smiled bigger and kissed her softly.

"Food sounds lovely but I need to cut weight. So maybe just the eggs. A little sausage. But gotta leave the carbs out. Damn it..." He groaned and kissed her neck before checking on the twins. "They are so cute when they are quiet and sleeping."

“We can have a honeymoon after the second wedding. And when I’m back on birth control.” She laughed. He was going to get her pregnant again. She could feel it in her bones.

“Owen used to be like that.” She sighed. “I’m going to leave them up here while you shower. I’ll have the monitor on.” She told him and went to check on Owen and help him get his pants on the right way and then held his hand as they went downstairs.

Instead of letting him run around and play, she let him help her cook. He helped cracked the eggs and grab stuff out of the fridge. She gave him a special toddler knife so he could cut up some vegetables so she could make daddy an omelet. She kept an eye on him, but he was getting really good at helping around the kitchen.

She didn’t let him help at the oven yet, but she did let him grab the bread out of the pantry and pull out two slices.

When Jake came down, Owen wanted him show him the bread and peppers he roughly cut up.

“They’re still sleeping because they kept me up for two hours last night.” She told Jake and pointed to the monitor.

“Can daddy take you to school O? Mommy has to feed the babies.” She told him.

Jake made a face cause they had put the second wedding on hold or pushed it back so he wasn't sure when that honeymoon may happen. "Why can't mommy and daddy take a kid free trip?" He teased and grinned at her.

"He's still cute when he sleeps. Just then though." He teased. "Okay. I'll check on them before coming down." Jakee got a quick shower and then put on a pair of shorts and a compression shirt.

Jake checked out the bread and peppers. "Woah. Cool buddy. You're a good helper." He gave him a high five. And Owen smiled proudly.

"Jerks. You should go in and cry and scream and see how they like it." He teased and chuckle. "Oak did drop her pacifier so...it could be soon..." He told her and got a protein shake set up for training.

Owen contemplated who could take him to school. "Who pick me up?" He asked Adri. "You and babies?"

Jake raised an eyebrow, it could put them asleep in the car. But he could get him. "Daddy take me. Mommy and my babies pick me up." Owen told her.

Jake thanked her for the food and kissed her cheek and sat down to eat. Owen got some eggs and toast and tried to not get it all over himself.

“It’s still going to have to wait until I’m done breast feeding.” She told him. Then she’d be back on some type of protection and not at risk of getting pregnant again. She was good with three kids. It was already a lot.

“I give her ten.” She said. If Oakley spat out her pacifier. Then she’d be up soon.

Adri nodded her head, “The babies and I can pick you up.” She agreed. “That was really good thinking buddy.” She told him and gave him a high five.

Adri ate breakfast with Jake and Owen until a baby cried then she had to go settle them. She kissed Owen and then Jake goodbye so they could leave after breakfast.

Once the babies were settled and back asleep, Adri went through her closet to find something to wear for her final confessional for Jake’s documentary. She let the video team in while she finished getting ready while they set up.

She went downstairs and sat on the couch in the spot they wanted and got to filming.

Jake looked at her confused. "You can't be on the pill while you breastfeed?! I didn't know that. Alright I'll stop at the store..." Jake wasn't ready for more kids. Not until the ones they had were out of diapers.

"Ten is a good guess." He kissed her cheek and packed some bars for the gym.

Owen smiled proudly and gave Adri five. He loved time with everyone. It was a good compromise. Jake was just happy he could drop him off.

The boys gave Adri a kiss bye. "Give my other babies snuggles for me. I get them when I get home. Just don't make me fight you for it..." Owen waved to Adri.

Jake had Owen go get it bag for school. He made sure it was packed with his snacks and everything before they left. He dropped him off at school before going to the gym. They worked on exercises to lose weight and kicked his butt before working on fighting training. Jake was covered in sweat and felt drained. It was day one.

The film team decided to ask some questions for the docu. "Walk us through Jake's surprise wedding. What was going through your mind? Did you have any idea?"

"What's your biggest reason for keeping the twins hidden from the world?"

This was their way of telling the world they were legally married and they grew their family by two.

Adri laughed, “The surprise wedding was…a surprise. I didn’t know what he was up to. He was acting strange the few days before. I thought he was planning a baby shower or gender reveal at that point. And then we went to the castle and it was all set up. He did a really good job keeping it a secret. My grandfather got ordained. It was very sweet. I’m glad that was my first wedding experience.” She said happily.

She had to think about why she wanted to keep the twins to herself. “Jake and I live extremely public lives and that comes with positives and negatives. And at that time I was getting a lot of negativity from his fans and I didn’t want my children, Owen included to face that negativity with me. I prefer to keep Owen out of public eye as much as we can. The twins, we are only doing this because we have complete control. We might do a magazine cover but most newborns look the same.” She explained.

“If I can keep them safe and away from the public then I will. They didn’t ask for publicity like Jake and I did. We have to teach them boundaries and personal space before we give them the option of being out there or living a private life.”

Adri sat on the couch and took a sip of water while the producer prepped the next question.

“What was the crux of the negative comments you got from Jake’s fans?” He asked.

“Oh god.” Adri chuckled. “Where do I begin. Um…There was a point in Jake and my relationship where we didn’t know if we were right for each other. A lot of things were happening at once and it was all progressing quickly. And at one point I made the mistake of kissing another model. I didn’t tell Jake that it happened. A tabloid released the kissing photo recently because I was working with the same model and they said like sparks flying again or something stupid like that.” Adri shook her head and rubbed her lips together.

“I came home from New York and I didn’t know that that picture released. It made it look like I was stepping out now when that was three-ish years ago. Jake’s fans immediately came to his defense and I was the offender so they hurled every comment they could at me. It got really bad where my body guard feared for my life. I couldn’t go anywhere without Liam, just in case. It got to the point where I stopped posting. I closed my accounts. I like my socials because people who are interested in what I do get a first hand view. When I can’t interact with them in a hospitable environment then it’s not fun anymore. Jake and I were working on there behind the scenes. I didn’t need his fans making me feel worst than I already did. They forget we are human and make mistakes too.” She wiped her eyes and looked up to keep from crying.

“I need a break.” She said softly.

Jake and Luke worked on punches and them kicks. It wad an intense training session and he knew it was only going to get worse the more they went on. The next day he'd focus on lifting and toning the muscles he already had.

He laid on the mat trying to breathe after the training session before showering and heading home. The docu crew texted they already knew they wanted to do some follow up questions and confessionals with him.

Jake wondered how it was going that they wanted his response so he called Adri. "Hey baby...how's it going? I'm heading home now. Everything quiet on the home front or need anything?"

Adri was in the middle of a question when Jake called. She had her little break and got back into filming. “Hey Boo.” She said with him on speaker. “Evrrything is fine. I have a couple more questions about your favorite person.” She rolled her eyes, speaking about Dana. “And then I think you have a few solo questions and then we have questions. Maybe film the final scene tonight?” She said softly.

“Everything is all good here.” She said softly. “You want a smoothie when you get home? I can have it ready. What flavor?” She asked. “Love you. I’ll see you when you get home.” She told him after she got his flavor preference and hung up the phone.

“Do we really have to talk about Dana?” She groaned and set her phone.

“Yes, just a couple questions and you’ll be free.”

Adri nodded and let him ask his question.

“This last fight was pretty brutal. What was going through your mind when it was happening and afterward?”

Adri swallowed and thought about how to answer. “This last fight was hard to watch for sure. I didn’t realize how bad his injuries were until his team was like the ref should have called it. Jake couldn’t see. The cut wouldn’t stop bleeding. It was terrifying. I take concussion protocol extremely seriously after every fight and for that one I had him in the hospital. I hate…I love watching him fight and most of the time I’m watching it live between my fingers. But when we get home bad he watches them with his team, I can watch it full on and be fine. I’ve seen every fight he’s had. I will not watch that one. I just can’t bring myself too.” She explained.

“And Dana was laughing about it in the post fight press conference and it rubbed me the wrong way. I think the only way to lose your championship belt should be by knockout or submission only. A medical tap is necessary to keep the fighters healthy. It shouldn’t be looked at in a negative light. And Dana’s response was to laugh and shrug his shoulder.” She shook her head.

“But what can you expect from a man who hits his wife in the middle of a club.” She said without thinking.

“We will cut that out.” The producer said without much prompting and made note of that.

“He’s not my favorite person.” Adri shrugged.

“We noticed.” The producer laughed.

"Okay babe. I'll put something a bit nicer on for those questions. And tonight's scene...You doing okay with everything?" He asked. Jake knew some hard questions would probably come up and she was his first priority.

"Ooo yeah. Strawberry banana and peanut butter? Thanks babe. Love you." He hung up and drove home.

Jake came in to see how the filming was going or if she was done. He also wanted to see the babies which may be somewhat happy and awake. Jake found Adri and gave her a kiss. "How's it going babe? You didn't curse too much they had to bleep out a lot right?" He teased and smiled. "What was the worst part?" He asked softly.

He went upstairs to put on a nicer shirt to sit for the confessions. He just chose a plain black shirt.

“Yeah Jake. I’m fine.” She assured him with a fake smile that he wouldn’t be able to see.

A little before Jake got home, Adri went to get his smoothie made so it would be ready by the time he got home. She had it in her hand when he walked into the kitchen. She kissed him back and set the smoothie down to give him a hug.

“Not a lot of cursing.” She laughed. “Being mindful about what I said about Dana was the hardest.” She laughed again.

She waited on the couch out of camera sight while Jake got ready. Since she wasn’t on camera, she got to play a game on her phone and check on the twins through the cameras.

When Jake came down they got him all set up with the microphone and had him sit in the same spot Adri sat in.

“What was going through your head after your last fight? You got that cut above your eye. Could you see?”

Jake gave Adri a hug and kinda wondered if she really was okay but he would take her word for it. He gave her a little squeeze and held her close before giving her shoulder a small kiss. "That's good it wasn't too bad with the cursing." He grinned a little and kissed her cheek. "Thanks for the smoothie."

He sat in the interview spot with his smoothie on the stand close by. He figured it would he so weird seeing him drinking a smoothie when other documentaries people drink whiskey or wine. Not Jake.

"Well during the fight, no I couldn't see after it got cut. It was bleeding so much it got into my eye. Blood and sweat in your eye burns a bit." He smiled and chuckled a little. "No, I knew with the blood if I didn't do something to win it was going to get called. I also got in survival mode cause I only could see out the one eye so that limited how I could defend myself." He cleared his throat a bit. "I had no idea until after how bad it really was."

Jake got quiet a moment and looked at Adri and blinked a few times before looking back at his crew. "I got kind of sick to my stomach if I'm being honest. One hit there...who knows what could have happened." He swallowed and looked away.

He looked back. "I had gotten stitched up and I had to go through concussion protocol of course. Even though I wasn't knocked out. I do get headaches from time to time on that side..."

Adri gave him a reassuring smile and hugged a pillow to her chest. She knew how he felt. She didn’t want to ruin the shot so she stayed put.

The producer looked from Jake to Adri. “How was your reaction to Dana’s nonchalance to the outcome of the fight?” He asked and let Jake answer.

With those questions out of the way, they asked some basic questions about his future goals and personal wants.

They wanted Adri for the last few questions and then she’d have to leave to pick up Owen. It was easier doing the interviews while he was gone though.

“We spoke with Adri earlier and we have some clips we want you to watch.” The producer turned his computer around and played a clip for Jake that she filmed earlier that day.

“…when it gets to the point where my bodyguard is afraid for my life, we have a problem. Jake was hurt, that’s all his fans knew it. I hurt their star. And they were finding ways to hurt me. And when you get told you’re worthless and hated enough after you hurt the love of your life, you kind of start to believe it. I had to go to Jake to get them to stop, but just because he told them too doesn’t mean it worked. So removing myself was the best option.”

Last edited:
Jake took a minute to think of how to reply to the question about Dana. "Look if I'm being honest, I can't see myself and see how bad it was. And you have adrenaline kicking in at that time, right? So it actually took a few days I think before it really sank into me about how serious it all was....I'm not gonna comment on someone else's comment. All I know is...." He cleared his throat and looked away to not get emotional. It took a moment before looking back.

"One wrong hit to that spot on my head and there would be a completely different conversation being held...it wouldn't he one with me..." He nodded. "And it makes me emotional. Because it could have effected my entire family...." He cleared his throat. "But with that I've spoken to my team to have better strategy to keep me safe. I feel like teams need to do that on their own level. A doctor could have stopped the fight bit didn't. And I understand if they did I could have lost. Um...that's the crazy rules but honestly, a win isn't worth my life. I have a wife and three kids that need me...." He nodded.

Jake then watched the clip of Adri. He look at her a moment then the producer. "I'd rather watch my fight then that any day if the week. Thats hard to watch. That was hard experiencing it with Adri in real time. I understand we sign up for this life style of being in the spotlight but at the same time we are people too. We are not perfect. And no one should being saying the things that people were saying to Adri. To MY wife. THE MOTHER of my children..." He shook his head. "I'm beyond perfect and made mistakes too. We had to work through what happened as a couple and the fans made that even harder. I don't want fans who are going to treat my wife like that or hell anyone. Mental health is such a big concern in the world and that's not helping anything." He explained. "It made it harder for me to process what we were going through as a couple cause I was having to deal with the aftermath of what they were saying. I felt responsible cause they were my fans...My fame is also not worth her or anyone getting hurt from fans."

Adri smiled at Jake and rubbed his knee. “We have measured in place to keep people from getting close to us. But Jake had six million followers on Insta. Anyone can Google us and find out our full names, our families names, our old addresses, who knows what else. All it takes is one person to want to go too far and who knows what could happen.” She sighed and had to wipe her eyes again.

“But we aren’t going to live in fear and I know anyone who tried to break into the house is going to have to face off with an mma champion.” She laughed.

“Deadly weapons right here.” She said and raised Jake’s hands.

Jake let his hand rest on her leg. "Yeah. That's why we have security. That's why I am the security." He grinned and when she showed his hands he chuckled and made fists in the fight stance.

The producer looked at Jake. "Let's move on to a happier moment. We've already talked to you about the wedding. But the babies...why tell the world now. We have Adri's answer."

"We wanted to do it on our own terms. You're still not completely seeing them. Plus this is my story. They are a huge part of my story. I came from wanting to escape a hell I was living in to being a fighter to control my own world. Then I met a girl who..." Jake smiled as he remembered. "Who challenged me and couple handle me. We fell in love and started a family. Our family just grew and I'm a two time champ. I became champion while my wife was pregnant with our twins. That is my story."

"It also shows me how strong Adri is with carrying to tiny humans around when watching me fight and have my eye cut open. But she kept it real and was my Queen. She says my hands are trained killers...I dont want on her badside."

“That was not an easy fight to watch. I barely watched it.” She laughed and put her hands up to her eyes. “I couldn’t have a drink before. I couldn’t have a drink after. I was not good.” She told him.

She was able to answer a couple more questions and then she had to go get Owen. She gave Jake a kiss and left him with the cameras. Owen wanted her and the babies to pick him up so Adri and the nanny loaded up the twins and got them ready for a car ride. They were fed and awake so the car ride would help them sleep.

She drove to the preschool and went to his class to pick him up. He was super excited to come home and he had drawings that he completed to put in the fridge. He told the babies all about his day.

When they got home he was awake but quiet. She got him unstrapped and out of the car seat and got his brother out of the car before they walked into the house. He ran to Max first and then Jake and showed him his painting.

"And they didn't want me drinking with the meds they gave me and potentially having a concussion. So we really had a very real reflection of what happened. Her hormones and emotions probably more present then normal but also justified." He explained.

Jake gave Adri a kiss and offered to help her get packed up but the nanny helped. Once she was in the garage, the producer looked at Jake and smiled. "Now Adri is gone...let's get a little deeper with the questions... Has Adri suggested or ever mentioned wanting you to give up fighting?"

"No. Never. Adri has been my biggest fan since we started dating. Hell even before that probably. We have an understanding that it's going to hinder my health we will discuss it together but she's never told me she wants me to retire. If anything she's only suggested not being able to be there in person or have Owen there. We had Owen in Germany. If things went bad...I don't like the idea of her not there but at the same time, I completely understand her thoughts. That's why my mom struggles to be in person." He shrugged.

"What would you do if your kids wanted to be fighters? Especially your daughter?"

Jake grinned. "My daughter will have no problems holding her own with me as her dad, two brothers, and all her uncles. If they wanted to be fighters then I'd be happy to train them and offer to physically be in their corner if they don't want me to be then I'll spiritually be in their corner."

They wrapped up and Jake liked he could relax a bit. He couldn't imagine filming all the time as if they were doing a reality show. When Owen came in, Jake smiled, "Hey buddy. Ooo cool painting. I'm sure mommy will put that on the fridge." Jake looked towards the garage. "Baby you need help?"

In the afternoon, he'd work on getting stuff moved but he'd love a few moments to sit and relax before getting started. Training and the questions were exhausting.

“I’m good. We are going to hang out down here for a bit. Babies are asleep.” She said and set Oliver down still in his car seat. The nanny came in with Oakley in her car seat a few seconds later. Adri picked Oliver up and set him in a bassinet in the living room.

“Do you want baby snuggles?” She asked. She walked over to Oakley who was a lighter sleeper and fussed a bit but didn’t wake up. She handed her over if Jake wanted her.

She pinned Owen’s painting on the fridge and let him take his uniform off and play in his diaper. She’d get him a shirt later.

She sat on the couch next to Jake and put her head on his shoulder. “I feel like I was up all night.” She said softly.

When Adri asked if he wanted baby snuggles. He looked at her like she was crazy. "Uhhh yeah. Duh." He held his hands out to her. "Gimme." He smiled a goofy smile. Jake took her. "Hi my baby girl! Hi." He gave her some kisses.

After she sat down with him, he kissed Adri with a quick kiss. "I know. I'm drained too. They kicked my butt at training then the interviews were tiring. Ugh..." Jake let Oakley rest on his legs. He liked being able to look at her a bit before moving her to his chest to snuggle.

"Im only taking a small break then Luke and dad are coming to get to moving stuff. Babe this training is no joke. I need to bump up my stamina with this too." Owen played on the floor in the living room and played with Max. Jake looked at Adri. "Max got a pet before he said hi to me. I'm second to the dog..." He sighed.

“Don’t wake her up, please.” Adri said softly and watched Oakley relax in his legs. She was sure she would wake up from those kisses but she relaxed into her fathers legs and Adri relaxed too.

“Does that mean we need more food in the house or less food?” She asked. “I want to keep you happy. Not hangry. I don’t know if I can cook as much as I used too. Maybe you should look into a nutritionist or a chef to keep the fridge stocked?” She yawned.

Adri laughed, “I think everyone is second to Max in O’s world.“ She kept laughing at that though.

“You think we can convince Owen to relax for a family nap?” She asked and watched Owen jump in his ball pit and then run out and fly a toy plane around the room. “Maybe?”

Jake gave Adri a look. "She's my baby girl too. I'll wake her if I want to. She wakes me up." He was only kidding. He wasn't wanting to wake her. "Owen can you bring daddy Oakley's blanket?" He pointed to it in her carrier. Owen stopped, looked, thought about it, then ran and grabbed it before giving it to Jake. Jake put it over Oakley.

"Not more food. Maybe changing up what we have. More protein. And healthy fats." He told her. "I can shop. And cook some. But having a chef or nutritional advisor wouldn't be bad idea. It will definitely help. You're not getting out of cooking for me all together though."

Jake pretended to pout. "Darn it...Maybe we should do a photoshoot with him and just Max. That way he has it as a keep sake..." Jake suggested before moving Oakley to lay on his chest so he could move his legs.

Jake shook his head. "He's not gonna nap. Give me thirty minutes then I'll start moving stuff and take him. Then you three can rest..." He suggested and laid his head back against the coach. "That way he has time to play before he helps me."

“I’ll cook when I can but I doubt it will be as much as it was. You’ll be fine with a chef. You just have to pick one to fit your dietary needs.”

“We should. But nothing is going to happen to Max. He’s my first baby.” She smiled at Max. He was the same age as Owen. He had some good years left in him. “He needs to go to the vet though. Get him fixed. If you don’t take him, I will.” She warned.

“You need a nap too though.” She said softly. She closed her eyes. When she opened them again Oliver was starting to cry and she got up to soothe him.

"I thought a nutrional advisor would be good to help with after the gym and between meals. I'm already starving. So I just need to eat the right foods. I need to go to the store and buy some higher protein foods. Like cottage cheese would be a good snack food." He said as an idea but figured he'd just pay someone to come up with the right foods for his training and game plan. "Honestly having a nutritional advisor and chef on my team isn't a bad idea. That way when I'm training I have them."

Jake smiled at Adri. "Not now no, but we could start a photo shoot every year with them. It would be cool for Owen. We could do it with all the kids and dogs." He gave her a look. "When we get back from LA, I get MY dog..." He told her. "He doesn't want me to take his manhood..."

"Why do I need a nap? I'll crash good tonight..." When Oliver cried he looked at Adri. "I can swap them and take him."

“Fine. I’ll do it. I’ll schedule an appointment for you too while I’m at it.” She said softly and rubbed the back of his head.

“I’ve got him.” She said softly and patted his back and rocked him gently. “Please go back to sleep.” She begged him softly but rocking and patting didn’t help him. So she fed him instead and he quieted down but didn’t sleep yet.

“Please go back to sleep.” She said and rubbed his forehead to coax him to sleep while he ate.

“You ready to move into the house tonight?” She asked Jake. She was kind of ready. Excited to finally be in the new house. But anxious about the kids being in their new rooms and anew environment for them.

Back
Top Bottom