Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

Elaya flicked the girl's nose again, then licked her neck, cheek and ear. "Jeziah I have met Phoenix parents. They cannot compare to wolf mother's. Even bear mothers fear us."

She nuzzled the girl tighter and gently shook her head. "Yes Gerry was hurt when I lost my love in the explosion. Can you help him?"

"I knew about the fire message. No she didn't tell me. i just...well i smelled it. It was her going somewhere, while still with me. Very odd. Now I know where it came from. Thanks. And sorry. i would have warned you but..."

She nipped the girl's fingers with her lips. Her fangs transformed and softened but would still likely sever the girl's whole arm. She smiled and nipped her thumb then smiling happily. She had winced at the mention of thief juice. She nodded at his last statement. "Agreed....can I have her anytime she isn't learning?"

She growled a love croon that only Sera had ever induced. Her eyes cut to Jeziah. "i do want you to understand something. If you get silly, risk yourself, and get hurt or die, I will steal this priceless treasure and vanish forever. I am not losing her again." Her eyes went red as she studied her brother-in-law, making sure he understood the statement and it's subtitles. The world could and would drown in the blood before she let anything happen to Sera again.

Jeziah looked even more worried. The news about Gerry was not good. He wanted to say something but she continued first and he let her before he nodded, "Of course Elaya. I wouldn't have brought her back here to only keep her from you. This one is a handful. Having your help might make this easier.

He watched them together, but his eyes widened at the statement, "Elaya...what you are saying is a death order to me. Without Sera to bring me back...I wouldn't come back."

He stood, looking rather hurt at her words and he didn't look in her eyes when he spoke next, "Yes I can help Gerry, but I will take my sister with me. It is time for the first of many lessons."

He reached down, picking the little bundle up. This time she didn't scream, instead just cooing and giggling as she hugged his neck. His face remained hurt as he half turned, "I'll bring her back."

Then he turned and moved towards the house, knocking on the door. It was Amitiel that answered.

"Are you alright?" he asked, seeing the look in Jeziah's eyes.

"Fine," he muttered, "It's just a little hard to swallow Elaya's lack of concern for any life but Sera's."

Amitiel said nothing.

"Can Gerry be moved," he asked finally, "I need to help him, but I worry about bring this one into the house with how hot she can get. And she has no control yet."

"We can move him to the barn, if you wish to wait there. We will carry the whole bed."

"Thank you."

While Jeziah stalked to the barn with his sister in his arms, the angel and demon were quick to transport Gerry on his mattress out to the barn. Placing him down they both left, moving to Elaya to inquire about the small child, and why Jeziah seemed so upset suddenly.

Meanwhile inside, Jeziah was studying Gerry's injuries. As he did Sera was tottering around the room on her unbalanced tiny legs, giggling.

"Sera, come here," he beckoned, and her wide eyed face turned to him as she teetered over. He pointed at the man and her face fell, her bottom lip quivering.

"Poor man," she whispered, her child like voice quivering.

"Yes. He is very hurt Sera. He got caught in your fires."

"M-mine?"

"Yes," he rubbed her back, "When you died, you set him on fire and he got hurt. But now you are back, and we need to care for him."

Getting up he grabbed some bandages and water, setting them down, "Can you help me?"

She nodded, looking scared. An hour later he emerged with her, his hands a little bloody and his face still set to look upset, but they had done good work. Sera was in his arms asleep as he stepped up to Amitiel, "Can we keep him in there? We will heal him. It's part of our lessons."

"That is up to Elaya," Amitiel nodded, "She is our leader."

Jeziah didn't seem too happy about that answer but he didn't say a word, instead turning to find Elaya. When he did he offered the sleeping bundle to her, as he had said he would share the responsibility of raising her, still not looking her in the eye, "Here. May I keep Gerry in the barn until he is healed? I will stay with him to watch his progress."

Elaya watched silently then shook her head. "Jeziah I beg your pardon. you misunderstand me. In this life your sister has joined to risk your life is to lose it. I am stating that if you die, and i mean permanently, I will get her away. Kai told me about what he saw. I know what the separation of the Phoenix from the world does. It did nearly kill your sister permanently."

She sighed. "I am sorry. i know i am brusque...and i do treasure Sera's life more than anyone else's. But that is not to say that i disregard all other's. Forgive me?"

Jeziah chewed on her words than nodded, "Thank you for apologizing and explaining Elaya."

He rested the little one on her, who was fast asleep now, "I will require Sera everytime I see to Gerry. It is a lesson I must instill in her."

He looked behind him, making sure no one else was listening. He trusted Elaya, as Sera's partner, but no one else, "I must teach her kindness and humility. She must understand hurting the innocent is wrong, and she must learn to care for those who trust her."

"I have some lessons for that too if you wish." Elaya looked up at him. "Wolf lessons."

She sighed. "Also. understand something. I am very direct. if I hurt your feelings you will eventually have to get used to it. Because it will likely happen again. As my family you are protected by my whole pack though."

She nuzzled the girl, then nodded toward the forest. "So come along slowpoke."

She took off toward the forest at an easy lope, still moving so fast the others could not help being impressed. Amitiel nodded after her. "She's getting faster. And she feels very deeply Jeziah. But she hides behind the coldness of the hunter and the warrior. To protect herself. Sera is the first person she has trusted so deeply in decades."

Elaya easily let the girl down and woke her with a nudge and lick. "Seraphina. Wake up. I have something interesting to show you."

Jeziah bristled, a little worried, "As long as the lessons cause her no harm."

Surprised that Amitiel had snuck back up behind him he jolted a little than turned his head, "You really shouldn't sneak Amitiel. And I understand."

With that he followed behind, easily tracking them but remaining out of the way as he sat on a stump, observing.

Amitiel had just rolled his eyes and walked on.

Elaya sniffed as the male followed them. She nosed the girl again until Sera woke, then lead the wee one to a large ant-hill.

"Pick one up."

Sera pawed forward and Elaya nosed her arm stopping her. "gently sweet one. Use one finger. Put it on the ground near the ant. let it crawl to you. And keep your temperature in check."

Her voice was gentle. Not demanding. The girl nodded and obeyed. The ant crawled along and onto the girl's finger.

Sera squealed. Or started to. Elaya breathed softly. "Easy dear one. Now raise your hand. Do not move your thumb or fingers."

Sera did so, elated at the achievement.

Elaya nodded impressed, her shaggy head soft against the girl's back. "Now, put your other hand's first finger higher on your hand. Do not try to touch the ant. Even your small hands might crush and kill it. You do not do such things. You are more than that Seraphina."

The girl didn't really hear the last. But she might one day. Elaya smiled as the girl began to transfer the ant back and forth.

"Seraphina do you want to know something amazing about ants?"

"Yeah!"

Elaya smiled and nuzzled her. "Ants come in all different kinds. Including fire. Like you. They also build things that no other race can match. They harm no one. They live their lives in humble innocence. Like you. They help protect this world and it's nature. Which is why we don't kill them. And why you must be gentle with them."

She nuzzled closer. "But what is truly amazing about them is that they never stop. Look." She pointed her nose at the anthill where the others were indeed working without delay. "They work diligently and constantly. That is why everyone thinks of ants when they think of a hard and industrious worker." She watched the ant with the girl. "They can lift up to ten times their own weight. They can make bridges. Tunnel for miles. Build their own cities. They are some of the most amazing creatures of our world. Again. Like you." She lightly nipped the girl's shoulder

Sera giggled, staring at the little bug on her hand. Her eyes looked at Elaya in wonder then at the bugs crawling on the ground. She didn't really understand what was going on, but she liked how the little ant tickled her hand.

"Ants!" she squealed, stepping forward and losing her balance, falling on the hill. Instantly she burst into cries, knowing she had smooshed some, including the one on her hand. More crawled on her and her cries became panicked as she crawled away towards Elaya, wanting them off.

"Off!" she cried in her small voice, "Off! Off!"

"She's only two Elaya," Jeziah piped up, watching but keeping his distance. This was a learning experience for Elaya as much as it was for Sera, "She cannot control anything, including her heat. Or her balance. She's just a baby. Please don't be mad at her."

Sera continued to cry, as her skin started to glow. The ants crawling on her fell off as they burned, making it cry louder. Now even Jeziah jumped up, looking at the trees. The forest was thick, and if Sera decided to flame now they would have problems. Especially with her power. Jeziah could not withstand that heat, and he had no idea if Elaya could or not.

"Calm her please," he asked quietly, knowing stepping in could make things worse, "Please Elaya. She likes to be held and rocked. I always did it when she gets like this. I would rock her and sing her a lullaby."

Elaya shot him a glare then turned back to the girl. "Seraphina. Listen."

The girl still cried but Elaya began to speak. "Look." She nosed the girl's face. She did not speak about the dead ants. She began to croon again still watching as the ants broke open the hill and began to work again.

"Look dear one. The ants still work. In fact watch them."

She used her chest and her jaw to guide the girl down to watch more closely as the ants began to gather and rebuild the hill more firmly. "They are rebuilding. You have given them a new chance. Which is what is going on with you now sweet one. You are like these ants. Strong. Smart. Hard-Working. Funny. Sweet." She punctuated each word with a lick to the girl's cheek.

She knew this lesson would not sink for years. Or days in Sera's case. But it would. One day Sera would recall the day with the ants. Which is what Elaya wanted. To help Sera find the truth of her by remaking it in her own way.

Sera was watching, but Jeziah could see her temperature wasn't lowering. She was still upset she had killed the bugs. Oh Seraphina, Jeziah thought, Your personality always shines through.

"It's okay sis," he spoke in a soft voice, sitting back down on the stump, "You didn't mean it babygirl. We know that. We still love you."

Sera watched for a few more minutes then turned and buried her face in Elaya's neck, her little arms wrapping around her neck as her small voice squeaked out, "Up. Up please."

Elaya smiled and shifted so the girl could ride. "Hold on tight dear one."

She began to run. Still not near her true speed, she ran around the farm several times before going to the barn where a bed had been laid out for her. Drea did not come to see her, though she had left some snacks and some very pretty flowers for the young girl.

Jeziah let them run, making his way back to the farm as he cheeked the sun for the timing. Almost noon. Soon enough Kai would be arriving with his friend. He still hadn't gotten much for rest in days and that exhaustion was eating at him. Making his way into the barn he saw two beds had been made other than Gerry's. One for Jeziah, and one smaller one for Sera with a bouquet of flowers on it. Lying in his, he waited for Elaya to arrive with his sister.

"Can you do me a favor?" he asked quietly, watching her put the child to bed, "When Kai arrives he will be with a friend of mine. Can you wake me when he comes? I have not slept in three days and I feel like I cannot wait any longer for rest."

She sniffed and climbed onto the bed, wrapping around Sera and going to sleep, which was why the bed had no blankets on it.

Amitiel smirked. "I'll wake you Jeziah. Elaya doesn't want to be pulled away from Sera."

Elaya smiled at this and snuggled closer into Sera and quickly went to sleep.

Kai was waiting outside the inn at a quarter to noon, looking down the mostly emptied streets. Everyone seemed nervous to show their faces in the last few days, as if they knew trouble was brewing. But Kai wasn't about to stir trouble. He was just waiting on the friend Jeziah had sent for. And sure enough they came, five minutes to.

"Not what I was expecting," he commented, sizing them up.

"Where is Jeziah, Living Flame?"

"Safe now, but he still needs you. Follow me."

Half hour later Kai wandered out of the trees onto the farm, catching sight of Amitiel and Narxis. Amitiel immediately peeled off into the barn, resurfacing with Jeziah and having awoken Elaya too so she could meet the newcomer.

"A warning would have been nice," Kai remarked upon seeing Jeziah, "I thought I was only fetching one."

large.jpg

"You were," the voice rang out from the trees and suddenly a pair of glowing grey eyes could be seen in the shadows before a young girl, barely looking eighteen stepped out, her eyes painted black, her raven hair braided back along the sides. She wore clothing, no armor, but they were travelling clothes, marking her as either a trader, or a mercenary. Jeziah broke into a smile upon seeing her, stepping forward to pull her into a quick hug.

"You sent message of trouble Jeziah, Living Flame," she spoke formally, her tone regal and instilling a sense that some form of royalty was present, "Malakai of the shadow people told me he saved you though."

"Shadow people?" Kai started but Jeziah held up a hand, "It means you're a shifter. And yes, I was in trouble and we still are. War marches on this farm, and they asked for no battle."

He too was now speaking formally. She nodded back to him, her words solemn but honest, "Than we will help, in whatever way we can."

"We?"

She turned around, beckoning someone from within the trees to join. Three stepped out, a older man and woman, and a youbg woman in her twenties who kept her space from all of them.

"Horald," she introduced the male, "Half-demon, has the gift of sight. He can see through walls. He was banished from his town for these gifts, and I promised to guard him till he reaches his city of choice. Luckily his choice of city is not far from here. With him is his wife, Rosie. She is human. And lastly, my partner Arya, of Hell. Excuse her for not speaking. She takes time to trust strangers."

She pointed at the younger woman whose eyes flared a little and she took another step away from everyone, looking anxious. She was a gorgoeus brunette with fair skin and a perfect curves she showed off with the attire she chose to wear. Everyone noticed her eyes first though, as they were blood red.

The other two nodded before Jeziah spoke, "Sorry everyone, I forgot to introduce this lovely woman. This is Octavia of the Sky. She wants to help."

"Thank you Jeziah. Arya will be taking Rosie and Herald to the city and then joining our battle. I do ho-"

"I smell the dead," Arya suddenly growled, her blood red iris'eyes beginning to glow as the white's turned black and she sniffed at the air, "What happened here?"

"There are no dead here," Kai replied, moving to stand by Amitiel, "People are injured, but none have died."

"Not them," she snarled, the anger not directed at him as she turned and sniffed the air, "This ground reeks of death."

"Forgive Arya please," Octavia sighed, "the scent of death and blood always calls to her. She is spirited and strong. And sometimes brass."

"Am not."

"Shush now Hellfire, we are there guests."

Arya nodded, "Sorry my queen. I will transport these two to the city as asked. I should be back by dawn."

"I shall see you in the morning."

Stepping up Arya gripped Octavia's elbow and the other woman did the same, forming some kind of bonded handshake. Then she turned and beckoned the other two to follow. As Arya led them back into the trees, Octavia smiled, "She calls me queen, although I do not know the reason why."

"Because you act like one," Jeziah laughed, "Come, I'd like you to meet the leader of the group, Elaya."

"Where is Seraphina? I wanted to see my fire-sister today."

"And you will, she is here too. She was rebirthed. Still young." As they found and stepped up to Elaya, Octavia got her first look at Sera, "Good afternoon Princess Elaya, of the Metuzi. I am honored to meet you. And there's my little fire sprite. Hello flame-sister."

"Octavia has known our family for a long time," Jeziah explained to Elaya before mouthing something so Octavia could not hear, "She's good people."

Sera hid behind Elaya, not watching Octavia, but instead the other woman. She whispered to the 'puppy.' "She scary."

Elaya smiled and whispered back. "No one will harm you here. See the big men there with the wings?"

The child nodded.

"They are elite warriors. And they will die before anyone gets a chance to hurt you. Because they are your friends. Now say hello to the nice lady."

Elaya then turned to Octavia. "Of the sky?"

She then looked at Arya. "Hell? You don't reak of brimstone, and you haven't lied since arriving. Can't be a demon or a child of one. Who are you?"

He cocked her head at Jeziah's warning, then smiled her fangy smile at Octavia. "As Kai and Jeziah mentioned, we are in a bit of trouble. But it is our fight. I welcome you as friends, though i cannot welcome you to the farm. Isn't ours. Anyway while I am grateful for your presence, I must say i would not be willing to ask you to help us. Jeziah summoned you in a time of great need. Kai was more lucky than anything that he could rescue him."

Kai nodded at that. "No kidding."

Elaya smiled again. She huffed and ruffled her fur. She had not been in human form since Sera had died and would not shift back. "And to you Lady Arya. There has been much blood and death on this land. Hence why I cannot assume the right to welcome you as guests of the Crossed Crowns Farm. I will offer you refreshment however, if you would prefer something."

She kept herself between Sera and the newcomers, shielding the child, and soothing her with a gentle thrumming.

~

Drea and Rey were going into town. The group and their actions had eaten deep into the family supply and many things needed to be purchased or bargained for. And they both needed to escape the farm for a while.

Neither spoke. They both had their own thoughts to distract them.

Arya had left without answering the questions, leaving Octavia to do all the talking. She did not mind though, as she was used to her partner being less than chatty.

"Apologies, Arya is not the social type. Nor does she like to remain where death reeks, due to its calling of her nature. Avoiding it helps calm her," she looked into the forest where Arya and the other two had disappeared before looking back to Elaya, "I am from the Sky. A landwalker's term for my heritage. Arya was born within hell, although it has been a millennia for her since she has seen it."

Jeziah stepped up, willing to translate, "Octavia is from a very old bloodline. Please excuse her riddles and cryptic words, it was simply how she was raised. Octavia is one of a select few dragonlings that walk this earth. She appears to us as human, but her true form lies underneath. It is an old and rare trick of dragons, and few of them use it, proud of their scales."

"As I am proud of mine," Octavia turned to look at him, her brow's knitting, "Do you not think that?"

"I know your proud of them," Jeziah replied calmly, "Apologies."

"Forgiveness is easily shared," she smiled.

He turned back to Elaya, "As for Arya, this is actually the first time I have met her, and she is gone now, so we might never know. I'm sure it isn't a big concern."

"Agreed," Octavia nodded, "And I do not wish to walk on unwelcome soil. If the owners of this lovely land wish my leave, then I will. I came to aid Jeziah. And as I see it, he is fine. I do understand your position, and your unwillingness to accept my blade in your fight."

She bowed, and Elaya could see the massive jagged sword on her back, only its hilt sticking out above her left shoulder, "I would gladly take a drink, m'lady. And then at your wish, I will take my leave to return to Arya. Will you accompany us Jeziah?"

He shook his head, "Sera isn't finished her rebirth, so I must stay. If you return this way you should swing by though. Once her memories are back she will want to see her Aunt."

Octavia smiled, "Such a sweet girl. I will. Thank you."

Jeziah looked to Elaya, "I will fetch the drink, so that you and Octavia can chat longer."

Elaya studied the woman thoughtfully. "Been some time since I've met one of your kind. Glad to know the Metuzi aren't feuding with any of the sky clans."

She nudged Sera. "Go get your cookies sweet one."

Sera giggled and ran off to obey, eating happily.

Elaya moved closer. "I would welcome your blade and your friend, but We have lost much already. Members killed, kidnapped, weakened to untold levels. I don't doubt your skills or bravery, but to align yourself with us just now is not so wise. Which clan do you hail from?"

She studied the woman thoughtfully. The eldest pixie child moved close and bowed to Octavia. "Daddies say you should stay here."

Elaya smirked at this. "You can have the room Sera and I were using....Forgive me but..." She leaned in closer and sniffed and arched an eyebrow. "You smell...different than other dragonlings I've met recently..." She cocked her head thoughtfully.

Octavia watched Sera run off, smiling. She had seen that child grow up many times. Turning back to focus on Elaya's words she understood. Her hesitancy to ask for help was coming from a place of not wishing more death. It was honorable.

"I come from the Zelen Ogŭn clan, a very small clan off the island the once was across the seas. I am the only skinwalker of my people."

Jeziah returned with the water, in time to translate, "You were around before the Crush. Her clan lives on the far southwestern corner of our land, what once was known as Australia. She is the only dragonling of her people, as skinwalking is hard and rare. We have met others, but all from different clans."

He handed her the water and moved out of the way as one of the children ran up and spoke. His eyes rose a little and he smiled at Elaya's offer in which Octavia accepted with another bow of her head, "Thank you princess. I understand you do not wish me to aid your fight, but perhaps I will be of use here in other means, until Arya returns and we can take Jeziah home."

"My bodyguards now?" he joked and she smiled.

"You tend to find trouble," she teased, "I'm simply eliminating your chances of falling into something while your sister is at her weakest."

"Very honorable of you."

"Thank you." She turned her head to Elaya and gave her a worrying look, "You have met many dragonlings with a different scent? That is odd indeed. We do smell unique to each other, given our bloodlines, but I do not believe you daft enough to ask me such a question if it was simply a matter of my blood."

Elaya arched an eyebrow, and raid her tail and bowed in the polite formal manner to greet the Australian Dragons. When jeziah explained she arched an eyebrow. "I did know that Jeziah. thank you. And I've met several. At one point one from each clan. Including the Necer Dir."

The Necer Dir were a rabid pack of Dragons who wanted to eliminate all non Dragon life on the planet. What Elaya had said was that she had met with and fought a Necer Dir and survived. Meaning she had killed one. The clans did not share feuds, but the meaning would impressive to anyone of knowledge. The Necer Dir were the most violent and ferocious of their kinds.

She then looked back at Necer Dir. "And of course not Milady. But...Pardon me." She leaned in closer, sniffed again, then smiled. "But the answer is obvious. you were born before the Crush. Meaning you've also met the Golden Wing."

Her eyes flared at her words, curious if Jeziah would know, but knowing this woman would. The Golden Wing was a great secret of Dragonkind. She was the mythical beast beneath the earth, and considered the oldest living Dragon, and one of the oldest living beings in existence.

Elaya had met this great Dragon. Even knew her real name, and had been named Dragon Friend by the Golden Wing.

Octavia nodded, "Jeziah and I have run in to that clan as well. They are powerful opponents. You live up to your name as princess to the Metuzi if you have faced one and lived. "

The woman looked to her friend while the wolf sniffed and exchanged smiles before her gaze resettled on Elaya and her response, "Your nose is strong. I am indeed older than most although I do not show it. But of course I have met her, dear moon child. Although most dragons have. She is the mother of all clans. Without her, no bloodlines would exist. Those who have not met her were born of ill will or stained blood. They are not true dragons."

It was obviously upsetting her. Dragons not born to the clans were the only dragons who would not meet Golden Wing. These beasts were created through magic or other awful means and seen as stains to the proud name of dragon. Before the crush it was barely even heard of but since the world collided more tried to create their own dragons, and the stain on this earth grew. A few clans even had vowed to kill these fake dragons, although Octavia's clan was not one.

"Perhaps I should show you the room," Jeziah interjected, seeing the look in his friends eye, "you can talk later."

Elaya shook her head. "Forgive me. I had not expected a connection to an old friend to arrive. You remind me of the old days."

She rolled her shoulders. "Come sit with me. Tell Sera stories with me. She loves stories."

She walked around Octavia and lead the the dragonling to a very comfortable wooden reclining chair, while the pixie child brought her a large drink. Elaya went to over to Sera and slithered under the girl. "Hold those cookies. The new lady and I want to talk to you."

"Why?"

"We want to tell you stories. She is a very wise and good friend."

"Like puppy?"

Elaya laughed and walked over to their bed and lay on it, letting Sera snuggle into her side, the ball of fur serving as a fine chair.

The chair she had offered Octavia was very close to the bed, though not close enough to allow her to touch the child. Elaya hoped she had made a new friend, but that did not mean she was ready to let the woman touch her Seraphina.

She did start teasing the girl by hiding the cookies, and tickling her with her tail. Sera turned to Octavia after a long series of giggles, and wiggling down the tail. She cocked her head, then smiled. "Dragon!"

Elaya smiled and winked at Octavia. "She always this smart during her rebirths?"

Sera grabbed the tail and squeezed it. Elaya cocked her head, then looked back to Octavia. "How many rebirths have you seen her complete?" Sera was fiddling with the feather like fur on the wolf's tail.

Octavia was glad for the request and at a nod from Heziah she followed the wolf while her friend went to help the others. He had always been a kind soul, and she knew they needed that now, especially if Elayas words were true about the pain inflicted here. Taking her seat she thanked the pixie that brough her another drink as she unbuckled the sheath holding her sword and pulled it off her shoulder, resting it beside her. Taking a drink she watched Elaya and Sera with interest, quietly gauging what this werewolf meant to her old friend.

"Your lovers," she finally stated, putting her drink down, "do not worry I will not judge. I see how you treat her though, as I have been watching. I am glad my niece has found a worthy companion. Her past his been full of heartbreak. May her future be full of love."

She sipped the drink again, thinking up an answer, "All of them, although I cannot say I've been present for each. I have known their family since before Jeziahs birth. I am older than thier parents, although please do not ask a lady her age. I was there when they found and brought Sera home. She's always been a wild spirit."

She continued to smile, her eyes glowing a little as Sera continued to repeat the word "dragon".

"Yes she has always been smart, although every Phoenix is. Her soul is still there princess, as it was with her ashes. While her brain has yet to develop enough to understand her soul, that part of her does recognize us in some way. You are her wolf, which her brain has accounted to as a puppy. I am her aunt but a dragon. She often remembers me by the age of ten. Jeziah much earlier if not already. It will be interesting to see when her memories of you come back."

She thought her own words over and continued, "please do not be alarmed if she does not remember until she has grown fully. Phoenixs often regain memories in pieces, reflected by the age they show themselves during a rebirth. Sera has always known Jeziah since she was first birthed as a baby. And so she will always recognize him. I met her once as a babe but since I have seen her in her child and teen stages, and that is when she remembers me. You met her as an adult. So she may not remember you this time until she is an adult. Next time may be much different though, as you are here now. Phoenixs are fantastically amazing and mysterious creatures."

Elaya smirked. "Forgive this but your judgement wouldn't matter to me in any event." She winked at the Dragon. "I love her too much. And also forgive the slight joke. But I've had to fight for our relationship and so has she several times. And it hasn't even been a full month."

She nosed back some of Sera's hair and licked the girl's cheek. "I don't share my age either. I don't think i even ever told Sera. Thank you for the explanation. it helps alot, though i had kind of assumed that. Thats why i'm staying in this form. And a few other reasons."

She poked the girl in the side making her giggle. "So Lady Octavia, first of all please call me Elaya. Been some time since I sat the throne. Second of all... aunt? Are you related by blood? or more adoptive? i ask because I do know the Habne Ly clan are related to the Phoenixes. I always found that fascinating. The Living Flames and their Eternal Guardians. An interesting mix...I do miss them."

The clan had not been seen since the Crush, and it was assumed they had perished, though Elaya was one of many who doubted it.

Octavia held her tongue, although she found Elayas response to her compliment about thier love a little rude. But perhaps it was the werewolfs way, or it was how they spoke. She knew little of thier kind not out of ignorance but having not met many in her long lifetime. She knew enough about them, but thier customs and cultures were a mystery to her.

"If it doesn't offend you m'lady, I prefer to call you by your titles. Is there another I can use? I only call my closest friends and family by their names, in respect to our relationship. Thus is a dragons custom."

She sipped again before continuing, "I always thought that was a myth. For scales and feathers to be related, it sounds ludicrous. But if you have met a dragon kin with a Phoenix than I do not doubt your truth, however I do not know the clan. Our clans were small and few and before the Crush we were practically extinct. Only by the joining of the lands have we risen from our near extinction, however we are still greatly small in number. When I left my clans home there were nine of us and I was the youngest. I am not sure how other clans fare.

And it is by choice. Her parents were close friends of mine and now Jeziah is. I always treated Sera as a niece and she chose to call me aunt. It is an honour to be called that. As it is an honour to meet her partner."

Elaya sensed the troubled nature of the Dragon. "I need you to understand something Milady. Sera and i spent years working together before we allowed a relationship to form. We wasted all that time to please others. When we finally took the plunge it was as if we had finally healed from an old wound. We knew each other so well, and loved each other so much that nothing and no one else mattered. That kind of love is to be treasured and no one's opinion matters. It was not an insult. Just a statement of truth that i love her too much to care what anyone thinks."

As she spoke she watched the young Sera, her eyes glowing. She licked the girl's cheek and the young Phoenix squealed and burrowed into the wolf's fur. They began to play hide and seek, in a very limited way, Sera wriggling through the thick fur, Elaya lightly hitting her with her tail or nosing her in tickle places to announce her find. Sera was delighted by the game.

Elaya resumed speaking when the game had become more fluid. "You can call me Lady Elaya if you wish. And forgive me. Talking to you is like talking to old friends. I've known many of your kind. It's because of the Metuzi's deep connection with the Sky Masters that many have claimed that we stole their power to make ourselves so powerful. A lie of course. But we have been blessed by the gifts by many races, none more so than your own. We even have the skulls of some of the First Ones within our protection. Golden Wing herself asked us to guard them until your kind can find a suitably safe location for them. Magnificent... so massive. One, from an old fellow that the Bible called the Leviathan, had fangs longer than me in this form. And six massive horns. The shortest was thirty six feet. The longest fifty four feet and nine inches."

She shook herself smiling. "I keep hoping Golden Wing will find a clan or grouping of clans that can take them. Much as we love them, we know they don't belong with us. There are so many secrets in those old fellows, even now. They could mean worlds to your people. But that is also how we did learn that the Habne Ly were related to the Phoenixes. We still weren't sure how, but we found a Dragon Skull that would not stop burning when we checked their lands. It would not stop burning. Still is in fact. But it isn't Dragon Flame. And the skull had fire feathers. Just like Sera's in her firebird form. And many more points. I can't explain it, but it did help us understand how a Dragon, we had met her before the Habne Ly vanished, could engulf herself in flames that even other Dragons were impressed with. She was so beautiful. And she bore many eggs."

She considered her own Phoenix for a time, then looked back at Octavia. "I pray everyday that they just realized the danger of being discovered and fled into hiding with the eggs. Such wonders should not die."

She sighed, then shook herself smiling. "Then it is an honor to meet you Aunt Octavia. Forgive the forward statement. Jeziah and Sera have made it clear that I am not likely to meet her family. I regret that. To meet someone she holds so close means more to me than words can say."

She yelped as Sera suddenly grabbed her face in a full body hug. The child was squealing happily, then rolled under the wolf's jaw. Elaya growled in what sounded a menacing way, but without any real threat or danger in it, then lowered her head and began to lick the now trapped child's face. Sera squealed and finally managed to wriggle away, hiding behind Elaya's hip.

Elaya smiled looking back to Octavia. "it's so good to hear her laughter. I never imagined it would be so beautiful. I heard her laugh often as an adult, but nothing has the innocent freedom of a child's laughter. Now...I will not ask your age...but did you ever happen to meet a vampire, very prolific walker....what was his name. Living during the ministry of Christ. even claimed to be one of his disciples, but not one of the twelve....Started with an S....Samuel! Yes Samuel."

She ducked as Sera swiped her own tail at her face and continued to play the new game as she spoke. "He was a tiny little thing, but very brave, and incredibly strong. not much magic though. Anyway he walked the earth trying to meet each of the races. Supposedly his one wish was to find and get to know your kind. My people were very taken with him, but of course we could not share the secrets of the clans. I know he died sometime during Constantine's rule, but I just can't help wondering if he succeeding in finding any Dragons first."

Sera squealed. "DRAGONS!!" And caught Elaya a good one with the wolf's own tail, then dove onto the 'puppy's back laughing as she hid herself in the fur, then began to growl and use the logn thick fur as makeshift wings.

Elaya arched an eyebrow. "A wolf's fur to make Dragon's wings. Clever. Though likely not a feasible strategy." Sera just laughed and Elaya's eyes glowed as she watched the girl play.

Back
Top Bottom