Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

Elaya opened one eye, and narrowed it. "You are so lucky you're cute. otherwise i'd eat you."

She pushed the girl over and gave her a warm good morning kiss. "How did you sleep little one?"

Sera giggled.

Elaya smiled and snuggled her a bit, then wriggled beneath the girl and let herself fall off the bed with the girl on her back. She paused by Jeziah so the girl could kiss and hug her big brother, then carried her to the buffet. She put the girl down so she could mount a table the other kids were using and choose her food.

Elaya moved to Jeziah. "i'll talk to Lairia when she wakes up. We need to ensure we have Rey's body so she can say goodbye. She's going to be pissed. I want you to take Sera for a big lesson when the time comes. I have little doubt there will be a big fight over it."

She poked her nose into his neck and gave him a wolf hug with her neck and jaw against her chest, then drew back to look at him. "Thank you for last night. Your help and understanding have been invaluable. Could you ask Octavia if I could speak with her when you see her?"

Before Jeziah could reply Sera called. "Puppy! Breakfast!!"

Elaya smiled and walked toward the girl for their breakfast, but paused first to look back at Jeziah. "Make sure you eat please." Elaya took the girl so they could sit under the eaves of the barn at a low table and ate. The girl sat on the laying wolf's back to eat and the wolf ate just as quietly and neatly as usual.

Kai had borrowed the Angel, Demon, and the Rythert to collect the remains of the two members of the group. The wagons had been unloaded and cleaned and the horses were sleeping off their fear.

Elaya ate very quietly watching everyone, knowing they would be subdued, and very curious if Lairia would wake up soon.

Jeziah was surprised by elaya's hug, but also thankful. As the wolf and his sister drew away Octavia appeared and he relayed the message.

"Would you come along with?" she asked, holding a plate of food in her hands.

"Course," he smiled, picking up his own plate and turning to Narxis, "There is plenty more in the kitchen if anyone wants extras. I hope you're enjoying it."

Stepping outside he followed Octavia over to the front of the barn. Some of the children were sitting on the porch eating, others inside where the buffet had been set up in the living room.

"You asked for me Lady Elaya?" Octavia nodded as she approached, seeing Sera's growth spurt, "And it looks like my dear niece has grown a bit overnight."

Seraphina gave her a goofy smile and kept eating.

Elaya smiled at Octavia. "Milady...some time today i would like to go visit the scene of the attack. Would you be willing to accompany me?"

She looked at Jeziah. "I assume you would have plenty to teach smelly one here." She whapped the girl with her tail.

She then turned back to Octavia. "I don't feel comfortable going alone and I don't want Amitiel and Narxis away from this place or the children and the Rythert aren't fighters and Kai has done enough. And...Well I also need someone who can help me properly honor a fallen goddess. I have little doubt that you will be able to do so."

Elaya flicked a glance toward the house. "i would prefer we went before Lairia wakes. So i can give a full report of Rey's actions. What say you My Lady?"

Octavia nodded, looking to Jeziah, "I'm sure he will not mind some time with our dear Seraphina. Besides, he is behind on his lessons."

"Am not," he smirked.

"Indeed you are," she retorted, "And do not forget Gerald within the barn."

"Gerry," Jeziah corrected and Octavia apologized, "And I won't. Sera is old enough she can help more. We can get a few things done today. Elaya, I will leave Octavia with you. Sera, come along. I have a few things to show you."

"Okay," she hopped off Elaya and waved at her with a smile, holding her empty plate as she rushed forward, "What are we doing Jeziah?"

"It's a surprise."

"I love surprises!"

Octavia watched Jeziah disappear into the house with the plates then return and lead her off behind the house, and probably onto some hidden path to another clearing, one a safe distance away. Turning back to Elaya she worried the wolf would ask more questions about her heritage.

"Shall we leave now or soon? I do hope I can be of assistance to you."

"I would prefer to go now please Lady Octavia."

Elaya stood, shook her fur out, then took her plate to the kitchen as well, then returned to the yard.

"Would you prefer to walk? or take some other form of transportation?"

She had regained a lot of size since Sera's return, and though currently only double the size of a normal wolf, she could put on more height, length, weight, and muscle easily.

Octavia looked around, "Pardon me but there is no other form of transportation as the horses are clearly exhausted and these kind farmers have no carriage. Walking is fine."

Making sure she had her sword on her back Octavia set off into the forest at a easy walk, showing no need to run, jog, or take anything faster than needed. As she walked she listened to the world around her, making sure nothing snuck up on the two of them.

Elaya walked beside her silently.

They came upon the scene rather rapidly. Elaya could not help stopping. Even she was impressed. The blood had not dried, and in fact was still wet everywhere.

Elaya could not help a soft whistle, then looked at Octavia. "Give me a moment please My Lady."

She walked out onto the blood swamp. Her pads chose her steps carefully. She examined every inch of the clearing, then sniffed the water puddle that had been Drea. She sighed and lay beside the spot. "You can come out now My Lady."

She sighed studying Rey's remains.

As she lay there birds, insects and others began to spring up and remove the gore and blood. She watched silently until Octavia reached her. "Duldrea's statement of Rey's forgiveness... he did a lot to help us even as he was dying....I have to admit i'm impressed. Fifty three kills, and the crippling of the golem all on his own. i would not have thought it was in him."

Octavia fell silent as they came upon the blood soaked road, staring at the horror. She had not known it had been this bad. Waiting until Elaya called her she stepped around everything, careful not to soak her shoes in blood as she stopped short at the remains Elaya was examining.

"Is this the goddess you spoke of?" she asked, too new to know, "Fifty three kills is an honorable death than. A warrior will die fighting for their cause. It is a coward that dies hiding."

Elaya shook her head. "No. the water puddle is what remains of the goddess. She was attacked first and hurt badly enough her physical form was killed. But she did manage to aid the vampire here in the fight. The rain kept the blood fresh and slick, making their footing weak. But the golem still managed to kill him. But thank you."

She leaned over and gripped Rey's skull removing it, then lay it between her paws. "He was a good friend. And a fine warrior. He's just done a great service in the war against Nickens...Now...." She looked up at Octavia. "Now our lives are in even more danger..but I am going to request your aid Lady Octavia. We have to rescue our lost girl and my numbers and power just shrank significantly. Even if Seraphina matures quickly enough to help properly and to use her power, and even with jeziah, if he decides to help we don't have the strength or power to win this war."

She sighed, then looked at Octavia again. "So...will you join us?"

Octavia eyes were sad, hearing about the man she called Reynault, "He was a fine fighter indeed. And his death will not go in vain."

Listening, Octavia let herself smile a little, and she would have laughed had they not been in such a solemn place, "I did not simply travel here to be a decoration m'lady. Jeziah's letter asked me to come for a fight, and a fight I still haven't had. Of course I will aid you and your group, as Jeziah will and Sera when she has grown. We want what you want. An end to the violence and useless suffering."

Elaya smiled. "Thank you Milady. Now...forgive my impertinence, but other than the blade what are your combat abilities?"

She stood and rolled her shoulders and began to grow. Soon she was the uber wolf form she enjoyed so much. She bowed to the Dragonling, though now she was taller than the woman by a few feet, and simply rippled with powerful muscle.

"I ask because I need to know where to position you for the strategy of the upcoming battle."

Octavia took a step back as Elaya grew, a shred of worry that she had upset this woman in some way and she was about to attack. The unsettling feeling didn't leave but she remained as polite as always, "Just my sword, Lady Elaya. I am just a simple mercenary offering my help, nothing more."

She half turned, refusing to turn her back and lower her guard around the now hulking wolf, but she wanted to change the topic. It did not feel right to speak of battle around those who had just died from it.

"What will you do with your friends remains?" she asked, "Do you have somewhere to bury them, or does your group burn their bodies so that their spirits may run free?"

Elaya smirked noting the woman's reaction.

"No. Drea is fading to where it belongs."

The puddle was indeed drying up as they stood there.

Elaya rolled her shoulders again. "And forgive me. I need a good stretch. i've been trying not to scare Sera. And I am taking Rey's skull back to Lairia so she can do with it as she likes."

She watched the puzzle in fascination, only rising her head to look at Elaya, "No scare her? Pardon my bluntess Lady Elaya, but how would your wolf form be less scary than, say, your human form? And wouldn't you want her to see your human face, to jog her memories? And very well, I assume Lairia was his lover. I do hope she'll take the news well, although what woman who has lost someone does?"

She smiled. "She never saw my human face except as an adult. But she also called me her wolf. And my human form is also weaker than my wolf form. And not as comfortable, warm, or comforting. And more importantly the last time we were truly human face to face we had a fight. I don't want to trigger that memory. And other memories might embarrass or upset her."

She sighed. "Yes Lairia will most likely be very upset. But She deserves the memories of him. And yes they were lovers."

Octavia shook her head, "You should not be frightened of what memories she will get first, m'lady. The amount of times I have hit that girl with a sword in training, if I worried about them all I would never see her again. If she saw your face she would not remember just the bad ones. She always remembers the good. Please know that. And know that hiding behind your fur only stops both her and you from reuniting. It is your choice Lady Elaya, as it always will be. But please do not let fear that you may drive her away dictate your actions. My niece deserves you as you deserve her and no fight you had will change that."

She picked up the skull, cradling it in her hands, I can carry this back. I would agree, if they were lovers than she would ant this."

Elaya blinked. She had never considered things from this perspective. "Thank you."

She rolled her shoulders again, then fell back into her human form, touching her returned necklace. Her clothing reformed as she stood.

She was still only about 5'10, but her body had packed on more muscle, and her hair was longer now, her skin darker. She pulled her hair into a braided ponytail, then looked at Octavia. "i appreciate it...I never thought of that. I'd like to take the skull please."

She raised her hands and arched an eyebrow. "I still don't think i will have any luck with swords Lady Octavia."

Octavia smiled, seeing her for the first time in her human skin, "You are beautiful Lady Elaya, and it is an honor to meet you in both forms. No wonder my niece chose you."

Handing the skull over without hesitation, she nodded, "Of course you should bring it back to her. She does not know me. And do not discourage yourself from the sword just yet. I do not expect you to become great within a day. But I can teach you a few tricks that may just save your life in battle in the future, if you ever come to face a swordsman."

With the skull back in Elaya's arms Octavia reached out and touched it, closing her eyes for a second before opening them.

"A blessing for the dead," she explained, "It does not gift him anything in the afterlife, but a dragon's blessing to those deceased can often ease the hearts of the living. When Arya returns, please allow her to touch the skull too. She can-"

She was cut off from a loud shrill scream that echoed through the trees. It was no animal, nor a human. The scream was distinguished, and only two beings she knew screamed like that.

"Jeziah! Sera!" Octavia paled, spinning in a circle and sniffing the air, as the scene laid before her made her fear what might be upon her dearest friends, "This way Elaya!"

~

Two miles away, Jeziah and Seraphina were practicing flight. Jeziah was creating rings of fire in the air only feet from the grass and asking Sera to fly through them. For the five year old it was hard to get more than a foot off the ground, the instinct to fly there but not unlocked. Still, she had made it through 2 of the five rings and Jeziah was proud of her.

"Again," he repeated, moving a ring closer to her, "Keep trying little one."

"I did," she pouted, speaking in their native tongue as she remained in her true phoenix form. The knowledge of speech in both English and Phoenix tongue had come naturally as she aged.

"But you must flap both wings together," he explained, "You need to focus. One wing cannot fly without the other."

"How?"

"Focus on what you want. Focus on your wings."

But before Seraphina could try again there was a loud rustle in the bushes behind them. Jeziah swung around, pulling Sera into his arms.

"Who's there?" he called, looking around and sniffing. He did not have the sense of smell Elaya did, but it was strong enough to detect blood. His eyesight and hearing were his strongest scents, like Sera's, and he could hear the footsteps shuffling closer, someone's breath uneven as if they had just run a marathon. Suddenly twigs snapped and a girl broke into the clearing, her skin pale and her hair dark. He immediately recognized Arya as he stepped forward but she raised her hands.

"Run!" she yelled, pulling back her leather jacket to show six bullet wounds in her chest and stomach, all bleeding, "Nickens men are coming! RUN!"

An arrow suddenly whizzed by, missing my a millimeter and brushing Jeziah's cheek, cutting it. It was then Seraphina screamed, seeing the arrow as both of them could hear the crashing sounds of many footsteps within the forest, coming straight for them. Arya turned and planted her feet, obviously ready to fight.

"Go!" Jeziah urged as he held her in his arms. A sudden warcry filled the air and he turned, seeing men with guns, swords, and bows pool from out of the trees. Some attacked Arya, but many went for the two phoenix's. Jeziah had seen their cruelty, and the thief juice. If they got a hold of Seraphina during her rebirth, they would likely destroy her for good.

"Fly Sera! Find Elaya!" he cried, placing her down in the grass before turning and bursting into flames, burning two men instantly who had grown too close. He reformed, turning into the massive Phoenix he was and grabbed a third man as he ran towards his small sister, crushing him with his large beak, "Fly now!"

Seraphina let out another shrill, terrified cry and her wings flapped hard as she flew into the trees. But since she had not yet learned to fly she continued to fail, getting a few feet and falling. On the third crash her she lost focus and became flame, then returned to her human form. Tears streaming down her face she picked herself up and ran, running as hard as her bare feet would take her as branches and twigs cut at her, leaves stuck to her hair, and mud covered her body. As the tree line broke and she stepped onto the ranch property she did not stop, tears streaming as she screamed.

"Elaya! Elaya help!" she ran for the barn, unknowing Elaya would not be there, "Elaya! Jeziah is in trouble! Help!"

Elaya smiled. "I'm only doubting my skill with swords themselves Milady. I know more than a little about close combat."

When Octavia blessed the skull she smiled. "Thank you Milady. I-"

Octavia's words never reached Elaya.

The moment the girl screamed, Elaya was off like a shot, tucking the skull into her pouch, and altering her phsyiology somewhat.

She slapped her necklace and snarled. "Execute Protection Plan!!"

She nearly flew as she ran at top speed, ignoring the flashes of darkness and light as Amitiel and Narxis landed with armor on and blades in hand before Jeziah.

Elaya meanwhile ripped along the ground at her incredible speed and broke out of the trees sailing high. She landed and without delay scooped up Sera. She clutched the girl close and carried her into the barn. She tucked her into bed, not surprised to see the still badly hurt and very weak Gerry standing gripping one of his guns.

Elaya cupped the girl's face. "Seraphina stay here with Gerry. I have to go get your brother." She kissed the girl's forehead. "I'll be back sweet one."

She looked at Gerry who smiled. "I got her."

Elaya turned, crouched, then kicking off the ground took off toward the battle.

~

Narix and Amitiel were circling Jeziah fending off the attacks his flames could not stop, and cutting down those they could reach.

Despite them, and Arya, Jeziah's flames, and the oncoming Octavia, the sheers numbers were beginning to overwhelm them.

Things were getting bad when a loud howl shook them all, and Elaya came hurtling out of the sky. She landed amongst the attackers and snarled as she shifted into her were form and began to claw, slash, tear, rip, and kick. Within moments twenty of them were dead. Then she ripped through twelve more, pushed through Narxis' and Amitiel's circle as she shifted into wolf form, and grabbed Jeziah in a rather rough sorta riding grip, then ran at top speed to the farm, dropping the Phoenix with his sister who dove into his arms sobbing.

Elaya touched his chest. "I can't raise her alone."

Gerry grunted. "How many?"

She shrugged. "A lot."

With that and a gentle paw on Sera's hair, she took off for the battle again.

When Sera saw Elaya the girl did nothing more but grip onto tightly, knowing immediately who she was, even in her human form. Had it not been for the battle distracting everyone, someone might have noticed how easily Sera wrapped her little arms around Elaya, without fear of the face of someone she had 'yet' to meet. She was wrapped in a blanket, but the girl could hardly stay lying on the bed. As Elaya danced away she got up and moved to Gerry's side, gripping his hip.

"Brother said you need to heal," she whispered, looking up at him, "My brother is coming back right?"

Not too long after she asked Elaya dashed in with a very human Jeziah, having shifted on Elaya's back so as not to burn down the ranchhouse or the barn. Uncaring of his lack of clothes, or of his sister's who was only wrapped in her blanket he pulled her in as the she started to cry, looking to Elaya, "Thank you."

~

Meanwhile at the battle, Arya had been caught in a fight with two men for the most of it, trapped to the side so she could not help. Their armor impeded her from killing them quickly but as Elaya left they were distracted and she found her chance, snapping both their necks.

"May we meet in hell," she growled, her eyes glowing blood red as she looked up. The smell of death called to her, and she stepped forward with a viscous snarl as another friendly face flashed into the clearing. Octavia had not been as fast as Elaya, but she was just as angry. Screaming she brandished her sword and jumped in, killing any that fell in her path. She did not use a single power. In fact to anyone unknowing of her she simply looked like a well trained mortal assassin, swinging her blade and killing a dozen within a few minutes, her movements quick and silent. Arya was still fighting off those on the side, allowing none to get past and move closer to the ranch. Elaya had already killed a few dozen though, and between the rest they had whittled their numbers down, until only around three or four dozen remained. Suddenly a horn blew and those that had been running at them quickly turned and started to race back, disappearing into the trees.

"It's a sign of retreat," Octavia looked then angry, "Or something worse. We will not let them win this time. Arya!"

Arya snapped another man's neck then stepped up, "I'm sorry Octavia, they caught me off guard. I haven't had a moment to Change."

"You were attacked first?" Octavia asked.

"Yeah, on my way back to you they caught me on the road, heading this way."

Octavia looked to the angel and demon, knowing Elaya would be back any second, "They attacked Arya. Therefor this is our fight."

"But they are retreating," Amitiel spoke, looking to the trees.

"Not for long," Arya grinned, showing off several sharp teeth, "My lady?"

Octavia looked to Arya then smiled, "Kill them all."

Arya was gone. One second there and the next she had bolted into the trees after the men who had attacked. When Elaya appeared it was only the three of them left and a clearing full of broken and dead bodies.

"Arya has gone after the last few dozen," Octavia explained, "But I fear their retreat is a sign of worse trouble. They may be doubling back to attack the ranch at another side. I must go aid Arya, there are too many for her to kill alone. I'm sure you and your comrades will want to secure the ranch."

Elaya touched the woman's arm. "Please My Lady, come back with me. Narxis and Amitiel will go with Arya. We need to make a strike for these two attacks and I can't leave Sera just now. You and I can hold the farm."

She smiled, then turned to the Angel and Demon. "I want none to survive. And then You are to assail either the ranch, or their herds. i want them hurt gentlemen, but ensure your safe return as well."

They both smiled, saluted the ladies with their blades and took off.

Elaya turned to Octavia. "I can see the signs of your skill. I have a feeling I will need that for a defensive measure back at the farm. It is of course your choice, but I would be most grateful for your help.

She bowed then took off for the farm, leaving Octavia to decide.

~

Narxis and Amitiel did not even need to speak or signal each other. Their tactics might be directed differently, but in truth they were identical. They split up as they flew, weaving through trees, outpacing Arya and the running fools quickly, taking a quick count, then circling back on opposite sides. They touched trees, wild animals, the grass, even the water and sunlight and the attackers began to fall, soon to be met either with an infernal or divine blade, or to be ravaged by enraged forest creatures.

The trees whipped the fools, and even snatched some up and crushed them or threw them against boulders or the ground. Or they shifted together forcing the runners into briar patches, swamps and marshes, or into animal dens. Bear emerged and clubbed them to the ground and began to feast. A pack of wolves rushed out and brought down more than a dozen. Hornets, bees, wasps, and other flying insects stung and bite throughout the group, killing a few, and torturing the rest. Snakes struck. Three panthers sprang upon victims and tore them apart. The grass grew slick, or long and thick, hiding the wolverines, badgers, and even racoons and oppossums. Small but viscious creatures who bit, clawed, and savaged the runners. The sunlight grew blindingly bright, and the water made the dirt muddy, slowing the runners. Drea was taking her revenge even as she slept.

And all the while the blades of the two warriors sang.

They avoided Arya, letting her do as she would, but before long a single dozen remained to her, and they had been funneled into a box canyon, all of them suffering from stings, bites, and heat exhaustion. Their water reserves had dried up or turned to blood, acid, piss, and other foul fluids, and their weapons had long since broken or been lost escaping the deaths of their fellows.

While Arya was entrusted to handle these, the two swept out onto the Golden Hills ranch. it was impressive. Massive in every since of the word. And heavily protected. including against them.

But that did not stop them.

Amitiel floated down to a large mountain lake to the north of the ranch and touched it with his blood soaked blade. The water instantly became blood, as did the river and various creeks that fed from both. Fish died posioned, and the waters fouled. Cattle began to keel over in moments.

Narxis went to the south and using some gear he borrowed then altered from Gerry, destroyed several fences and gates, then with a number of snakes started a series of stampedes.

Herders fell and the herds died in droves. Posioned by foul water or snakes, run to death, or pitching into crevices and canyons, or simply vanishing into the wilds of the area.

The ranch house they could not reach, though they did manage to catch one hand and together infect him with a number of horrible diseases which would bring down more than a dozen of the workers before the day's end. Once done with all this they returned to Arya, curious how she had handled the remaining dozen.

~

Elaya had the Rythert helping the kids with chores. They couldn't keep hiding the kids, and things weren't getting done on the farm. She had plans for that too. So the water spirits were purifying water while the kids fed and moved the herds, and the pixie adults did the more important work, unaware of the ongoing battle, at least consciously.

She had Kai with Gerry in the barn's loft, both hidden behind a large steel plate. Gerry was very weak but he could still shoot but he needed a spotter.

Elaya had of course first checked on Jeziah and Sera, giving the girl a cuddle and the man a wolf hug, then had them work on some other plans she had in mind. She wanted them to stay near a large empty field below the farm, and to set it afire. She trusted Jeziah to figure it out, and told Sera simply. "Burn it sweet one. Burning a field is good. it gets rid of the bad things, and helps the good things grow better and stronger. Just listen to your brother." And delivered a loving kiss.

Now she was above the farm watching and waiting for the attack if it were to come, wondering which way Octavia had gone. For now she could do little else. She wished she could do something more with Lairia but putting her in the storm shelter had been the only real choice.

Now the waiting.

Arya saw them overhead and snarled, slowly her pace. Had Octavia not trusted her to kill these fools? She stopped and watched, and while impressed at their form and style she was furious at these two divine beings, watching them take her kills. She did not lift a finger, letting the death and carnage rise around her and simply breathed it in, letting their deaths soak the ground floor, but none were by her hand.

"Assholes," she growled as she watched them fly away and turned to see a remaining dozen. She sniffed then grimaced at them, knowing they were as good as dead now anyway. And she would not touch such tainted beings. As she turned and walked away the forest seemed to understand and finished the job, the same animals that had attacked the others now mauling these last 12. Their screams slowly died out like the rest.

"Arya," Octavia smiled as the dark brunette broke through the treeline, "I heard their screams. You decided to kill them slowly?"

"I killed none," she snapped, "Why would you send those two along Octavia? Have I not proven my hunt?"

Octavia frowned and shook her head, "It was not my call, but Lady Elaya's. She is their leader. I believe she thought it would help, and-"

"And you didn't tell them I was handling it?" she snapped, pushing passed, "Sometimes your manners piss me off."

Octavia sighed, "Please Arya, I tried but they were already gone. And then Lady Elaya distracted me by asking for my help with the farm. Which I should head to now."

"I'll come. I want to have a word with this one," Arya growled, falling into step with Octavia.

As they walked through the short burst of trees back to the farm Octavia looked her friend over, "By the look of you, you didn't take a single kill."

"No, they took them from me, and those they left were tainted. I was not about to sully myself with them."

Octavia nodded, but said nothing. Trying to temper or calm Arya was fruitless. In the years she had known her friend it had never worked. Reaching the farm they both stopped, watching the sudden bustling ranch, everyone busy.

"A ploy," Octavia whispered, looking around, "Lady Elaya has planned something."

"Then lets find this lady of yours," Arya huffed, sniffing the air, "This way."

Elaya blinked when she smelled the new arrivals. And especially when she sensed the lack of death on the second woman.

She stood and moved to them first, speaking first as well. "Lady Octavia Lady Arya I apologize if I my actions have somehow prevented your actions. I had reason to believe there might be trouble and I wanted to ensure that we stung the Ranch itself back for these attacks. And-"

A screaming man came running out of the forest and Gerry took him with a head shot.

Elaya sighed. "And we have another attack here. Could-"

Narxis landed first and knelt before Arya. "Your Grace i apologize for tainting your kills. I offer my deepest apologies for the mistake. We allowed our anger to cloud our judgement."

Elaya blinked. "Ok..what...No nevermind. ladies please can we discuss this later? We're clumping together. Narxis Amitiel cut off all routes away from the lower field. I want them funneled into the Phoenix fire."

She looked at Octavia, then at Arya. "Ladies...i really don't know your skills... I've only seen Lady Arya withstand being shot and kill two. Lady Octavia you have killed more to my knowledge today. I'm not sure where to place you. I'm thinking of putting Lady Octavia in the barn where we have decoys for the two Phoenixes. I am going to roam...where would be best for you Lady Arya?"

Arya stopped short just outside the treeline and Octavia was going to ask why when she smelt Elaya too. The werewolf came to them, offering apologies that Octavia would take willingly, but she knew Arya would not be satisfied.

"Lady Elaya-" Octavia started when the screaming man came running in. Arya whipped around and snarled, but he was shot before he made it so far as ten feet. Before another word could be said Narxis appeared and bowed. Octavia looked at him wondrously and even Arya seemed to be taken aback a little.

"We can discuss this later," Octavia agreed.

"Fuck that, we are discussing this now," Arya cut in, her eyes angry, "A demon at my feet apologizing won't make up for the thirty-three ki-"

"Arya enough," Octavia cut in, "We will get you your kills. But another battle is upon us."

Arya just snorted, looking pissed.

Octavia turned and looked at Elaya, "I do not want Jeziah and Sera alone. Who will be with them?"

"That's why i ask Milady. I plan to be part of the time, but I was not sure who else to send. I just don't have the numbers of fighters to truly protect them. Thats why i figured the presence of such a fire would be of some protection."

Amitiel had already taken off and Kai spoke to Elaya's comm unit. Elaya sighed. "Three assault forces coming through the forest. Thirty each minimum. One about here in three minutes. Another a little further down, about there in five. That's the larger one. More heavily armed as well." She pointed to a long stretch of thickly massed trees almost exactly halfway between them and the burning field.

"The last is moving near the field but they are long rifles. Planning to cut us down before we can attack."

She pointed down. "i want the group here to get into position. Gerry can handle their shooters. The ones in the middle need a more strenuous assault. I plan to handle that. Amitiel and Narxis will push the lower group down into the fire, and prevent any escape. I'm hoping any actual attackers will enter the barn and be cut to pieces by whoever is there."

Back
Top Bottom