Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

Sera did not fall. She did let out a squeal as Elaya lifted her, but then she adjusted, moving so her back pressed into Elaya's back, her legs hanging off either side and her arms wrapped around her body. The phoenix sunk into her wolf's fur, providing her a small amount of worth and much more in comfort. She heard Elaya's grumbles but it only made her smile, her eyes drooping again.

"I fight to stay awake," she whispered, "But my body is too cold, and it pulls me to sleep. Your heat warms me though love. Let me nap and I should awaken feeling much better."

By the time they hit camp she was fast asleep, safe and sound on her lover's back without a worry.

~

Meanwhile Tatia had all but forgotten the others behind her, wrapped up in their stories, her hands playing with their palms, tickling and stroking them as she listened. Something about their touch sent shivers through her, making her all the more happy.

The Rythert leaned into their Princess, eager for her touch. It sent shimmering waves of pleasure through their bodies and they spoke happily yet softly about anything she wished.

Gerry noted Elaya and Sera's return and seeing the sleeping Phoenix he moved to the wolf. "Want me to strap her down? Just in case?"

Elaya growled but presented her head. Gerry put a loose collar on her, then tightened it before fastening Sera's hands to it. Elaya's hips and rear legs would hold the Phoenix's rump in place, but when running Sera might be jostled and fall. This prevented even the possibility.

Elaya then studied the group and grunted, then made a mark.

Gerry spoke aloud. "She says we have an hour then we move out. At top speed." Elaya grinned and turned to Kai, her head shifting slightly and she spoke in her gravelly growly wolf voice "Kai. You, the demon, and the angel are going to fly me, Laria, and Rey to the next campsite, but only after Elaya moves ahead and finds it. You are to follow her. The rest will follow at a much slower pace. Sweep and clear."

She turned to Tatia. "Tatia i need you and the Rythert, if they are willing, to scout the under waterways. Drea can guide you to my choice. We have to ensure your safety. Rey and Gerry don't leave Laria's side. Gerry i want full protective measures. Laria you are to stay with Rey. Rey if there is trouble you pick her up and run."

The vampire started to argue and she cut him off. "We may be whole now, but we are not at full power. Laria and the box are targets i wars older than time. We don't have the luxury of ego. You will obey my orders." Her lack of a kind tone or a joke warned him just how serious she was.

"Gerry is in charge of the ground group. I will alert him, Kai, and Drea when i have found the new campsite. We have to get out of this valley. Any questions?" She paused only for a few seconds then looked over at Tatia. "You be careful dear one. Don't go exploring alone. Not today. I smell trouble."

The Rythert actually bristled at her familiarity. She noted it but did not react. Good. They would fight to protect their Princess. She studied the group. "Everyone rest for one hour. Then we go."

She curled up around the fire, too concerned with her lover to consider anything else, and went to sleep.

Exactly an hour later she woke and howled, startling any other sleepers awake. Five minutes later they were on their way.

The Rythert, grumbling about Tatia being the proper leader, showed Tatia and Drea to the endless pool again, and gave them a vision of the water ways. Drea touched the water and sighed happily. "They are clean and clear. For now."

The angel and demon, following orders were hiding in clouds as Rey and Gerry walked on either side of Laria, hurrying her along, their senses all alerted and ready to strike at anyone or anything that threatened her. Rey was holding her hand to sooth her nerves though.

Elaya for her part set off in a widening spiral first, circling them more than a dozen times to be sure they had not missed any trouble, then took off West. She carefully made sure not to jostle Sera in anyway, but she moved fast. Not even close to her top speed, but fast. Much quicker than any of the others could dream of moving.

Despite this she did not find a suitable campsite in the first hour. Or the second. Or the third. Or even the fourth. She was getting frustrated. Given her speed she had tripled the distance they had taken from the city already, and still nothing suited her. Deep in the fifth hour, more than five hundred miles from the city they had left less than three days before, she found it. A sheltered spring pool with good natural cover, clear an outlet to the same waters she had her water group moving through. She contacted Drea who directed Tatia to go there, while Drea moved to speak with Gerry.

Gerry and the fliers got the information at the same time, Drea funneling it on to them, but Gerry had to decide whether it was safe to fly or not. He had Drea hold Kai at the position with Elaya, and the Angel and Demon swept down and scooped all three of the walkers up and set off at their top speed, burning up miles. They were annoyed that Elaya could outstrip their speed and were eager to best her. Their aspects protected their passengers from any harmful affects, and Rey whooped from Amitiel's back, holding Laria close, while Gerry actually stood on Narxis' back silent but clearly enjoying himself. He also had his weapons ready, searching the horizon for any threat.

While the group merged once again, Elaya grew concerned about her lover, but also found something interesting. She found rocks that were superheated to a degree that they had actually melted and rounded themselves, and had created a steam lake of ultra hot water. She didn't know what the water might or might not do to her lover, but the heat had to help her. It wasn't quite to the degree of lava, but they were heated by the same natural forces the fiery blood of the earth was. She shimmied Sera about and lay her amongst a bed of the rocks, watching curiously.

She was unaware that the she was standing unharmed on some of the rocks herself. She could feel the heat, but she gained nothing from it, and lost nothing to it. When she realized this later she would be ecstatic. Now, as ever, her concern was for her Seraphina.

She licked the redhead's neck and could not suppress a rather lonely whine, followed by a whisper. "Seraphina."

There was no testing Elaya's word, and there was no need to. Everyon breaked for the hour and then they were off. Kai to the skies, Lairia with Reynault, and Tatia with her Rythert. The day passed exceedingly quickly as they walked, until they were lifted to the skies for the remainder. Lairia clung to Rey, a little overwhelmed at suddenly being thrusted into the air. But even that did not last long as they made their descent to Elaya's chosen camp.

And while the rest set up a fire and found supper, Elaya slipped away with her slowly waking Phoenix, who didn't want to wake but knew she should. As she was lain down her eyes opened to a sliver, feeling Elaya's body close. Then she felt a wet tongue on her neck and a low whine and her eyes opened more, turning her head to observe her lover and her whispered words.

"Hello my Elaya," she smiled, reaching out and touching her furry neck before realizing she lying on something rather hot and smooth, "Mmmm...what did you find for me?"

Sitting up slowly she looked around at the rocks, drinking in the heat that surrounded her. Her body hummed, grateful for the heat. Pulling Elaya closer she kissed the wolf's cheek, running her hands through her fur, "You spoil me Elaya. But how are your feet? Your stepping on these rocks and barely wincing. Does it not hurt?"

Elaya blinked and looked down at her paws, then up to her redhead. She grinned and shifted her left arm. her skin began to redden and she arched an eyebrow, then smiled again and her arm shimmer, still her arm but now furladen.

There was no sign of pain or damage. She smiled at Sera again. "I'm fine...I'm...I" She looked into Sera's eyes as she grasped this and she instantly shifted. Not into her were form, but into a human for, though oddly she still had her tail. She kissed Sera wildly, sucking at her lips, then she spoke breathlessly. "I'm not burning Sera!"

She pressed her fingers against Sera's neck and chest and laughed in delight at the full realization. She loved Sera's heat and could feel it, but she didn't have to fear it. Meaning neither would Sera. Elaya kissed her lover again, then raised her head and howled in delight.

She then snuggled up atop her lover, straddling the redhead, her eyes dancing. "You can't hurt me darling..." She cupped Sera's face and began to pepper the redhead's face with tender loving kisses.

Sera was as estatic as Elaya was. If Elaya could take this heat...an audible sigh left her mouth as a weight lifted off her shoulders. I won't burn her. I can, but only in my hottest forms. She's safe. She's actually safe around me.

Kissing back in earnest, Sera continued to suck in the heat around her, her skin growing hot. It was delicious. But not as delicious as the taste of Elaya's mouth was. Her hands roamed her skin, running up and down her sides. With a groan, Sera's tongue plunged into her lover's mouth, begging for more. Her hips grinded into Elaya, wanting her badly. The heat, the intimacy, Sera's body was on a high and she wanted to bask in her lover.

"I've been waiting all day," she moaned, "Do not make me wait another minute my wolf."

Elaya started to give in, then drew back, her eyes cold as she studied her lover.

She pushed Sera back. "Only if you promise that it won't hurt you. I won't have that Seraphina. I won't have you hurt."

Her jaw was set and her purple eyes darkened until they were nearly back in her intent.

"Promise. Now."

Seraphina growled, and suddenly she pushed up, flipping her lover so her back was against the rocks, Sera on top. She pinned her with her hips and hands, groping Elaya's chest roughly as her mouth set on Elaya's, hard and hungry.

"You can't hurt me," her voice was thick and full of lust, "No more than these rocks can burn you now."

The rocks themselves would feel colder to Elaya than they had before. Seraphina was sucking the heat from them quickly, pulling it into her core to heal her soul completely, making the tops of the rocks only lukewarm while they tried to replenish themselves. Pressing the wolf harder into the rocks, Sera rocked her hips on her, then one hand left her breasts and dove down, wasting no time in rubbing her lover's sex.

"Tell me you don't want this," she moaned against her lips, "Tell me you don't want me baby and I'll stop."

Elaya growled back and her hand flashed up into Sera's hair while her legs clamped on Sera's hand. "I want you more than i want to breath Sera. But you promise me now or I'll leave you here to heal."

Her eyes burned with dark fire. She slowly twisted Sera's hair, reminding her lover than for all of the Phoenix's power, Elaya was the physically stronger.

She brought the Phoenix forward and down, preventing Sera from moving her arm between their now crushed together breasts as she hissed. "Promise me firehead or I'll restrain you, use the magic toys and leave you here begging for me until you pass out."

Her nipples were hard, her sex was drenched and her breasts were throbbing with desire but she would have her promise first.

Elaya groaned as Elaya fought back, clamping down on her hands, her fingers in her red curls. It only made her want for Elaya more. Did the wolf not see that?

"Rough is a game I enjoy playing too," she moaned, head bending back to press into the rocks as Elaya got the upper hand once more, "It is quite the alluring offer my love, to tease me with those toys. But would you truly be able to with strain from touching me yourself?"

Her eyes popped open and there was a fire within them, a mischievous grin on her lips, "Restrain me. Tease me with your toys. Force the words from my lips baby, unless you cave first and touch me. I welcome the game."

Sera had no idea what had gotten into her, but if her dreams were any indication from the past twenty four hours, something within her was desperate for the pleasure and lust she only got from her one true lover. From her Elaya.

Elaya snarled and ripped free.

She then slammed Sera forward over the rock, making the redhead's chest lay on the stone, while she straddled the redhead's ass her hands trapping Sera's her teeth clamping onto Sera's neck. She clenched around the smaller woman.

"I am a wolf darling. Rough is how I was born. Promise me or teasing is all you will get."

Elaya bit rather hard.

She did want Sera. badly. So badly it hurt. But she wanted Sera's word on it, or she would push the Phoenix to the very limits, then leave her there unable to achieve release.

Sera let out a loud moan of pleasure, her body tensing under Elaya's as her teeth bit down. The rocks felt smooth and welcoming against her breasts, her ass pressing into Elaya as she pushed back, wanting this. Did Elaya not realize that yet? That she was giving Sera what she wanted.

"Make me scream it to the heavens," she growled back, her head turning to catch a glimpse of Elaya's face, setting the challenge.

Elaya gripped edges of the rock and yanked, then shoved her lover's legs and arms into the holes made, crushed them back down over the Phoenix, then stood up and crouched before her lover. She tilted the Phoenix's head up.

"Promise me Seraphina or this is the last time I touch you. Ever." Elaya was not playing this game. Not now. Sera had the chance to get what she wanted, but she had to give Elaya what she wanted.

"promise me that you are safe to make love now. And that everytime from now on you are also safe."

Seraphina eyes widened as she let out a yip, unprepared as she suddenly fell forward a little, her arms and legs getting pinned down by rocks. They were heavy, and Sera yanked at her arms, the pressure being painful.

"Ow," she grimaced, pulling harder, "Elaya your hurting me!"

Her mind snapped out of the game, pulling harder. It hurt; the rocks were smooth but they were heavy, and her arms were still only human. It felt like if she moved them the wrong way they'd be crushed, her bones ready to break. Gritting her teeth she burst into flames, knowing Elaya was out of harm's reach. Her flesh disappeared, becoming her full firey form. Without a solid form she easily slipped from the rocks and moved away, pulling herself quickly off the rocks to the edge, away from Elaya. Reforming, her clothes were now burnt away, so she stood naked and guarded, holding her arms as she rubbed them.

"I'm fine Elaya," her words were clipped, a sense of hurt in her eyes, "The hot rocks were enough. But that was uncalled for. It...hurt. I think I'll just go back to the camp now. I'm not in the mood anymore."

Elaya studied her lover with a coldness she usually only gave to her prey. "Then do so Lady Sera. i will return. When i return."

She transformed and was gone into the wilderness before the redhead could make a single sound, and without so much as a single sign of where she had gone, where she would go.

As for Elaya she ensured not even kai, the angel, the demon, or Drea could find her, and cut off all contact from everyone else as well. The wolf unleashed herself, running at full speed.

She passed the city they had just left, then the small town where they had met and taken on Laria. She finally stopped on the eastern coast of the continent. She grinned as she flopped into the sand, still a monstrous wolf. She was duly proud of her speed, having done this feat in just over an hour. What came next was up to Sera. If Sera wanted her she would return. Otherwise she would head north.

She would become a full lone wolf, and fight until she was killed. She would not live long without Sera.

Sera took a step back, her eyes wide as Elaya took off. Wait...no! Her hand reached out, her body flinching again as if Elaya had physically hit her.

"I didn't mean for you to leave," she whispered, upset. How had this all gone wrong?

Turning she danced into fire again and surged forward, suddenly at the camp. But she stopped short of the trees, watching them all. They seemed happy, all talking actively, no one upset or causing a fuss. And she'd ruin that if she stepped in, her mood plummeting the further Elaya got, no longer able to feel her heat source near them. The wolf had gone further than Sera could feel, meaning the phoenix had no way of reaching her. And she could track her but poorly, knowing their best track was Elaya herself.

Her heart stung, knowing this was her fault. She had let her lust get out of hand, forgetting herself. And now...fuck she had messed up. If fire could cry she would, but being in this form as she could do was burn dimmer, almost darkly in the woods. Turning from the camp, she could feel a few eyes catch sight of her but didn't pause, moving away. She eventually found a lake and without thinking skimmed across it, feeling the icy cold water lick at her flames as she slithered along the surface. She could feel exhaustion pulling at her, Sera using more fire than she probably should right after healing. Finding a rock she quickly stepped on it. With a sigh she returned to her human form, now stuck in the middle of the lake on a rock. The water was ice cold to her flesh, making the fire within her recoil and cry.

"Great," she sighed, pulling her legs up and pressing her chin on her knees, feeling hopeless, "As if my night couldn't get worse."

She knew she had done this to herself. She had started this, and in her heartache she had wound herself up stranded, away from the group or her Elaya. She'd be stuck till morning when she'd have enough juice to scale across the lake again. It was no small lake, and she knew pushing herself was dangerous. Her temperature just wasn't high enough to risk it.

"Fuck."

Elaya lay with her nose toward the east, toward the sea, her jaw on her crossed paws. She could smell her Sera. She had made sure that she could always find her lover, no matter what happened or where. The scent was very faint, but she could still detect it thanks to her impossibly powerful nose.

She knew that she had pushed Sera too far at the wrong time, but the point had become too important. Sera's flesh had called to her, her love had screamed to the wolf, but Elaya needed to know something simple. What mattered more to Sera. A moment's pleasure, or their immense lifetimes together.

Elaya could smell the future potential between them, and she longed for it. She had once given up hope for a future. A family. A love she had dreamed up since birth. She had been born a princess, a queen to be, with powers, wealth, and might. Her family had not cared about that, and developed within her enjoyment and need for the same thing they valued. Each other.

She had not even been three years old when she knew her one true dream. To wed under the boughs of her pack's trees to her one true love. She knew now who that was. She blinked and realized that tears were running down her muzzle, gleaming in the moonlight, and hissing as they hit the cool sand of the shaded section of beach she lay upon.

She raised her head and howled. Mournful and heartbroken. The sound was so loud and powerful it echoed across the mountains in the east, from the upper north to the south, and out into the sea.

Back at camp the Rythert's heads snapped up at the sound, and despite themselves they began to weep as well.

Elaya did not stop. She pushed herself up, strengthening the sound, howling without pause, seeming not even to need to take in breath.

Now the sound began to crash across the mountains, echoing louder and louder and louder, only growing in power, until the sound reached fully across the continent.

Far to the north the Metuzi all paused. Deep in a den two wolves raised their heads and growled. "Our daughter aches."

"yes. But she is unharmed. We must let her be."

The wolves of the pack stirred, and every one who heard the sound trembled, longing to rush to her aid, while the were and other creatures all over the land cowered, and many who had meant to cause trouble did not. The Metuzi Princess was hurting and their deaths could easily follow that sound.

Elaya howled and howled. The power, pain, rage, hurt, and so much more she had went into the howled, leaving it unbroken to carry for time untold.

Gerry went to a sniper's nest to be alone, unable to stop his own tears. He knew the sound all too well.

Rey's bloody tear stained his handsome face, thickening within his scar.

Drea hid within the spring pool crying quietly but so powerfully the pool was rising by inches already.

Amitiel and Narxis went to fly in opposite directions, the angels face gleaming with golden tears, while Narxis was stunned to find he could cry, the sulfurous black mudlike substance flowing out of his eyes burning his eyes and cheeks. "Damn you Elaya."

Ebony and Rhaeghal curled into their mothers, scared and sad, mewing in fear and heartbreak.

The sound thundered across Sera's water, vibrating the stone she sat upon. Then the sound cut off as from the water appeared a figure. She looked exactly like Elaya, but could not be the wolf. She smiled at Seraphina and crooned softly. "Well hello lovely. Why don't we pick up where we left off?"

The voice was powerful and sensual but it was not Elaya's. The figure was nude, and perfect, lacing any scars or any of Elaya's other signs of living.

Far across the land Elaya sensed the arrival of a figure but ignored it, still howling. Until the figure drew too close. Elaya's eyes opened and she slowly lowered her head, letting the howl fall. She spotted the figure and lunged forward.

The figure screamed, a passable imitation of Seraphina's sweet voice but no more. The figure crashed to the sand and tore at Elaya, screaming in rage, pain and terror, but the wolf would not be denied. She tore the creature's innards out, savaged it's limbs, severed it's sex organs, then growled into it's ruined face, it's blood coating her flash. "Who dares take the form of my Seraphina?!"

The creature whimpered and shifted. A skinwalker. A shape shifter like Malakai, but not of the land. It's blood turned to dark blue, flowing down toward the water.

"Why?"

The creature whimpered but shook it's head in ignorance. Elaya snarled and tore it's throat out, then gripped it's head and ripped it free, along with the spine, the crushed the skull, breaking off the length of the spine with a well placed foot upon it.

She then whirled and hissed. "Seraphina."

She howled once more, then was off. She tore into the forest, a wake of force behind her so powerful it created a crushing explosion of sound several hundred yards behind her. As she ran it fell farther and farther behind her speed growing. Her paws slapped across lakes, rivers, ponds, and pools throwing her along with even wetting the pads, unable to grip the wolf in her great speed.

The creature before Sera showed no sign of pain or fear, but she smiled. "Come my love. Allow me to please you." The water began to lap at the stone the redhead sat upon, tickling at her toes.

Elaya ran on, snarling in rage.

The argument did not upset her nearly so much as anyone daring to pretend to be her Seraphina. This induced a rage within her that would not be contained.

The sound of the mournful howl made Lairia curl into Rey and Kai shift into a mouse to hide under a tree where he hoped the sound would not reach him. Tatia stiffened and the overwhelming emotions of the week felt even heavier on her hearing this sound, her arms pulling Rythert into her for comfort.

As for Seraphina her own tears started to fall and a deep longing hit her, wanting to fly into the skies until she burned out and fell, desperate just to find Elaya even though she knew her strength was not great enough.

Even so she still stood, keeping away from the sloshing water as she looked to the skies, hot tears in her eyes. They never fell, as they rarely could. They evaporated before they could fall. Her thoughts were disturbed when she heard a female voice and looked across the lake, squinting to try and see in the dark. If it was day time she would have no issues seeing the person at the lakeside, her eyesight that of a Hawks. But nighttime provided her a obstacle, as the shadows played with her eyes, making it hard to see. From the sihoulette Sera could only guess it was Elaya but the voice felt off. Could she just be too far away to tell? Had Elaya come back to patch things between them?

She heard the invite and tried to smile, but something still felt off. Elaya was mad at her. Why would she act like this now? Sera determined to resolve this question, her body bursting into flame and reforming, becoming her truest form. Flying upwards she left a burnt rock in her wake as she flew over the lake and landed on the shore roughly, instantly snapping back into human form. She knelt ion the ground, sucking in air as she tried to regain her composure.

"Elaya we should talk before-" her eyes travelled up, finally close enough the see this creature. This...this was not Elaya. It held no flaw, ugly in its perfection and those eyes held no warmth. It had to be a shifter, and a powerful one at that. Even Kai had not learned human forming yet. Before Sera could move the creature lashed out, shoving her hard so she fell backwards. Sera was exposed; she was naked from shifting and also exhausted. She barely fought back as she hit the sand roughly, losing the little air she had. The being scrambled on to her, pining her with its naked hips as Sera snarled, shoving at it.

"How dare you!" She roared, trying to push the shifter off but it held as much strength as Elaya, easily overwhelming the exhausted and weak Phoenix, "how dare you pretend to be her! She is everything! She is my all! I will devour you with a thousand suns you inferior-"

The creature slapped her hard, sneering, "you will do no such thing. You are weak, and your fire has dwindled once more. If I through you in this lake you'd be dead in seconds."

The beast was right. If she fell into that water it would freeze her. Still she roared and struggled, burning through her remaining energy as she spat nasty insults at the thing. It ignored them all, keeping her pined as it lowered its filthy mouth on to hers, making her gag. As it lifted its mouth she realized its intent and horror struck her, struggling harder.

"We will breed with you pretty one," it whispered and fear ran through her. Was there more? Did it truly intend to try and impregnate her? Could it even? Her eyes grew wide and she let her head fall back, struggling not to tear up again.

And the suddenly she screamed.

It was an unearthly, terrified scream that rang through the area, alerting all in the area. It sounded like the shriek of a birds nd the desperate painful cries of a girl. As her voice got higher it sounded more and more like her Phoenix voice, but scared and in need. She had only ever used this sound once, and Elaya would know it meant she was in the worst of trouble. Even as angry as Elaya might be, Sera hoped she would still come to Seras rescue.

The sight of those flames that she knew so well gave a thrill to Elaya's heart, but they went in the wrong direction.

Then Sera, her Seraphina screamed.

The wolf snarled hideously and launched herself fully into her speed, drawing upon her nature to fuel her speed, using her healing, her small magics, and even her rage.

She flashed within a hundred yards of the camp and they never saw her, but the explosion of sound shook the very mountains when it came several seconds after she passed.

She ripped through a tree trunk, and leapt into the moonlit night snarling that same hideous snarl and landing just before Sera and her attack, which she seized in her wide jaws and tore from her lover as the energy carried her on into another mighty leap. She landed atop the thing crushing it's legs, then gripped it's ruined limbs and slammed it against a tree with such force the tree splintered and skewered the creature.

She then leapt back to her lover, sniffing her for hurts or wounds, huffing the redhead's name, her eyes wild with worry.

Seraphina felt her before she saw her and her heart seized, thankful she had come. She flinched as the wolf's hulking frame pounced over her, scrambling up to see Elaya kill the filthy creature with only a few sharp shakes. Then she was pouncing back, her hot breath blowing in her face as Elaya sniffed Seraphina for wounds. But Sera didn't hesitate. She pushed her body up and wrapped her arms around her strong neck, burrowing her head into her neck.

"Thank you."

Elaya did not shift back as she growled pressing against the redhead, but she did speak. "You are so lucky I'm fast. That thing would have had your guts for garters."

She pulled free and licked Sera's face, tasting her. "It's a Digo. A weaker cousin to the wendigo. They use snow and ice as a weapon. Does anything hurt Sera?"

She sniffed her lover again, very worried.

"No," Sera responded, shaken up, "Nothing hurts. It tricked me though. I couldn't see its foolery till I was too close."

She felt awful. Elaya felt guarded around her now, meaning the fight wasn't over, and she had almost been raped. For the first time in a long time Seraphina felt powerless and lost.

Elaya snarled and kicked out at large tree, knocking it over then pushed Sera over into a wash of steam. "heal up babe. We are likely to need some fire before this is over."

The steam blasted constantly, freeing from the immense pressure of being held in the earth. The heat was also immense, raging about the Phoenix.

Sera stumbled to the steam, reaching for Elaya before letting her hand fall and wrapping her arms around herself, wishing her lover would transform back to her human form so Sera could hold her. Could explain. Instead she had a question to ask.

"Before its over? Is there more to come Elaya?"

Elaya wrapped around the steam hole and lay down so Sera could hide behind her, and to trap more of the steam there to help her lover.

"Darling no fool would send Digos after us and us alone just as a game. And they aren't attacking the others. We've been targeted for some reason."

"True..."

Sera opened her mouth to reply further but nothing came out. Odd. She did it again, opening and closing her mouth, but it was as if her tongue failed to work. Then she felt a tingly sensation on her throat and it suddenly restricted, as if a hand was wrapped around her throat and choking her. She tried to yell at Elaya, warn her, but the wolf wasn't looking and she was...stuck. Her whole body had frozen in place, that same squeezing sensation surrounding her. Fear bubbled up and her eyes looked around but in the dark she could see nothing.

Then it stopped.

She gulped in a breath, her ears pounded with the sound of her blood but Elaya still seemed unaware, as if she couldn't hear the Phoenix. The steam. The steam whistled and whined right in Elaya's ears, making it hard for her to hear Sera's pounding heart. It wasn't raging yet, only having picked up a tone higher from that moment of panic.

Maybe its just in my head. I'm tired, and sore, and on edge. That's all.

She rubbed the steam on her skin, feeling its hotness soaking in. A thought occurred she hadn't replied to Elaya yet and she opened her mouth, this time to speak. But again nothing came out. What the hell...ah! The steam suddenly turned bitter cold to the touch and she screamed, or at least tried to. But nothing came out of her mouth and again she felt trapped, her body stuck in place, trapped in the freezing cold steam that burnt her skin, turning it cold and brittle to the touch. Her body shook, her mouth opening and closing desperately for air but little to none came in. Was she going to die? If she stayed in this any longer it would break her physical form, reducing her to a pile of ash. And if she couldn't get oxygen well...god Seraphina didn't even want to think about it.

Elaya! Elaya look up! Look behind you! Please! Fuck Elaya I need you right now! she couldn't utter a word but her brain was screaming for her lover as her body crackled and burnt, the cold frigid air doing more harm than even the icy lake water could have.

"Elaya, my dear," a voice sounded out from the woods, stepping from behind a tree onto the lake. Was he the source of Sera's problems? Was he trying to kill her?

Magic danced along his finger tips as he suddenly threw a fireball at Elaya's feet, challenging her to a duel. Sera knew then he had to be the one killing her. And if Elaya didn't take him out soon, she would surely die. But if this man came to fight, he obviously brought protection. Sure enough with a wave of his hand Sera could see a shimmer forming around him, some form of protective barrier. He was baiting her to try, keeping her from seeing her lover in anguish.

Back
Top Bottom