Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

The wolf twitched at the fireball and curled tighter around Sera.

She knew that fire couldn't hurt the redhead, but the instinct was far too powerful to overcome. And she felt her lover's pain, and she snarled. She whirled, falling into the pit, snaking about the redhead, then leapt free.

She dropped Sera atop a pile of dry kindling, slashed her claws across stone breathed into the motion and fire engulfed the kindling and her lover. Then she screamed.

Not the cry of passion Sera had induced in her so many times in such a short time. Or the scream of pain the redhead had heard as well. But a cry of such ancient rage and pain all life seemed to still.

A image, a spectral being shaped exactly like the wolf came galloping from the sky, directly from the moon, and bursts into flames, stand atop, within and around Sera, while Elaya snarled, her legs trembling for a moment until the fire wolf howled.

Elaya shuddered and for a moment wavered into the form of a comparatively small human woman, then exploded into the monstrous wolf form she felt was the nearest her truth. She knew she had just made a deal with the Mother Moon, a deal that would have to be collected upon someday, but for now her lover was protected by fires of immense heat and brightness, and unbreakable by any mortal magician without that damned stone.

And Laria had the stone.

Elaya raised her head and howled, long and hard. Not mournful or heartbroken but enraged. The shimmer began to cloud. Then to thicken. Then to darken until it was a hanging wall between them. Then it cracked and shattered like glass and the wolf headbutted the newcomer to the sand. She then seized him, dragged him through the shoals of the water, where many sharp rocks, broken logs, and other damaging detritus lay, until his head caught in the branch of a log. She then brought over a log from Sera's fire and dragged it under him, while she lay on his feet and she began to gnaw at his hands, letting the blood sizzle in the flames, letting the smell of his own charring flesh fill his nose.

It all happened so fast. Elaya saw the pain, saw and felt it and she lunged in, pulling her out of the icy death and throwing her onto what was no fire. Hot fire, soaking her burns, soothing her pain. While Sera lay in the flames healing inch by slow inch she could hear the long howls of Elaya and then the heat grew hotter, healing those wounds. But it was all they could do. The Phoenix has overspent herself and no amount of flame could energize her. All it could do was fill her and coax her to sleep, so by morning she'd feel well again. But Sera fought sleep, desperate to see her wolf safe. And she was. She could hear the screams of agony from the wizard, as Elaya tore him down, and she knew her wolf would be safe.

Knowing that, Sera soaked in the rest of the flame until there wasn't a drop left, and darkness returned as she lay there, struggling not to sleep.

Elaya snarled at the newcomer. "If you have an ounce of magic aimed at her you should drop it now. Or this gets worse."

"HOW COULD THIS GET WORSE?!!?!!?!"

Elaya smiled and stood, her claws digging into the nerves on his shins, her great weight cracking the bones and grinding his flesh into the sharp stones. "i haven't even begun yet magic man. I only stopped you from casting anything. Not from removing it. if I need to force you have whole realms of pain to explore before I need to get creative."

Her eyes dropped to his crotch and he shrieked. "NO! NO MAGICS ON HER!! JUST LET ME GO!!"

She smiled sweetly. "Who ever said anything about letting you go? You hurt her. That i never forgive."

Her fangs flashed and he shrieked new volumes of pain as blood poured forth from his ruined testicles and his admittedly unimpressive sex organ lay on his chest, oozing fluids.

Elaya spit and drooled onto the wound, making him thrash in yet more pain.

"Now. Who sent you?"

"FUCK YOU YOU FURRY BITCH!! GODDAMNIT MY BALLS!!"

Elaya raised a paw and pressed down on the location of discussion and he gagged then vomited. "now be a dear and tell me. Who. Sent. You?" With every word she pressed harder.

Unable to breath, scream or even move he began to babble, until she released the pressure and he shrieked. "ATLANTIS!! THEY HIRED A SEA WITCH TO ELIMINATE THE PRINCESS' FRIENDS SO SHE WOULD BE UNPROTECTED. EVERYONE KNOWS YOU TWO ARE THE MOST DANGEROUS. NOW LET ME GO BITCH!!!"

Elaya clicked her tongue. "Oh my my my. The secrets spill forth. Or so it seems. Liar." She stepped onto the water, squatted over him and relieved herself on his wound.

A little known fact about werewolf urine. It's foul, stinks, and is highly acidic. Not corrosively so, but highly reactive with certain chemicals. Such as, human blood.

The wizard's screams were so loud his larynx threatened to shred. She waited until he was spitting blood, then she dunked him allowing the water to wash away the pain.

She moved to his face. "Last chance. Either tell me the truth. Or i start really hurting you."

He looked up at her in terror, his eyes wild and nearly mad in his fear, and he spoke, his ruined voice a whisper now. "There is a bounty on her head for killing the goddess and her friends. Set by the pantheon.... i took it... i...I-"

Elaya hissed. "Tell them she is dead."

"I can't. I-"

"Don't lie to me boy. I can smell the relay in your pocket. Tell them. Tell them she is dead and I'll finish you quickly. Don't and...."

She raised her leg, knowing her brothers would laugh to see her imitating them, and he shrieked and slapped at his pocket, scrabbling with his nubs until he drew out a round flat white disc. He poked the blue button in the center and the disc glowed, then actually made a silly little ding before breaking apart.

Elaya smirked. Of course. Gods would never believe anyone could or would lie to them. She would be visiting them later. But for now she smiled at the man. "Thank you." She seized his head, twisted, and yanked, and once again was rewarded with the full length of spine. She snapped it off, pissed on the body once again, then bathed herself before moving toward Sera, exhausting some fire to dry herself.

"Seraphina?"

Sera heard it all and somehow she was smiling. Not because the gods were after her. Seraphina knew this might happened and while she worried, she knew she could take them. At least she hoped she could. No she smiled because despite the fight Elaya was still fiercely protective of her. There was hope yet they could mend and forgive.

But Seraphina knew it wouldn't be tonight. The flames died out around her to nothing as she sucked the last of them in, until there was nothing but the night and a tired Phoenix lying on burnt wood, her breathing slow as her lids drooped and she fought sleep. At the call of Elaya she tried to lift her head but she just felt too sore, over burnt again.

"Elaya I..."sleep dragged her down as she felt everything go black, "I...I'm...Elaya I'm...s..."

And she was out.

Elaya turned as the Phoenix said her name, her heart thrilling at the sound of that sweet voice saying her name with such love, but also breaking at the weakness.

She started forward, then sighed as Sera fell asleep. She leaned in, straddling her lover and transformed. Her humans lips pressed against Sera's temple. "I'm sorry my love. Rest now. More dreams. We'll talk in the morning."

She then turned over, laying on Sera's chest, wrapped the the Phoenix's arms and legs about herself, then rolling onto her hands and knees and transformed once again.

She ran back to the camp. Gerry greeted them, noting Elaya's worry first of all, then started to roll out a place for the two to rest again when Elaya sniffed and hissed. "Drea!"

The goddess turned, her eyes flashing. She had been feeding the kittens, then she froze. "MOVE!!"

Gerry quickly strapped Sera onto the wolf, then grabbed Rey and Laria and threw them onto the wolf's back. He whistled at the angel and demon and they grabbed all the gear and vanished it unpacked. "GO GO GO!!"

Drea swallowed up the three other water beings as the pool emptied and engulfed her and them carrying them after the fleeing wolf, while Gerry jumped up into Amitiel's arms, while Narxis clutched the kittens to his chest. The group fled into the night, for a moment fleeing only silence, then the roar of violent water churning behind them followed.

Sensing and smelling it, Elaya called upon her ancestors, the moon and anything and ran. She ran with all her strength, the weight on her back slowing even her, the water clawing at her with hungry talons and jaws, eager to swallow her and her passengers up. She snarled and drove on, tearing great divots in the earth as she slowly broke free of the magical hold and burst free into the night, running with every ounce of speed she had, but keeping in sight of the water whirl that was Duldrea, the streaks of light and darkness that were Amitiel and Narxis, and the figure of Kai.

She howled to keep them close, then mounted a hillock and seeing what was to happen turned and paused, hissing at Rey. her clapped his arms about both women, clinging to the wolf beneath, using himself and Laria to protect Sera's body from the spray as the impossibly powerful, high and unsourced flash flood swarmed the valley, rising until it wet Elaya's chest. She raised her hips, keeping Sera's legs dry and snarled at the water.

But for all her savagery and all her ferocity, she could do nothing. She could not use her powers, weak as they were, to help, and Laria was trapped, and Rey did not dare move least she be snatched away and dragged away to who knew where.

Somehow they had forgotten something. Duldrea slammed Rythert and Tatia onto a ledge, then walked out onto a jut of water, standing proud, tall and beautiful in the moonlight. She snarled in the tongue her own waters used the most. Arabic. "العالم ليس لك. أنا النيل. يجب عليك أن لا تعيق لي. هيهات هيهات!" (The world is not yours. I am the Nile. You shall not hinder me. BEGONE!)

The water froze. It did not still. it did not calm. it simply ceased to move. A wave, taller than the mountaintops and the trees astride them towered fatally over Elaya and her passengers, and Elaya could not suppress a shiver at what that wave would do to her beloved.

Duldrea snapped her hands away and the water was gone. Not a sign of it. Nothing hurt, ruined or even wet. Just gone.

She smiled then turned, walked back to the other three, and collapsed. The Rythert caught her and turned their princess. "We must get her to freshwater Your Majesty! how?!" Narxis arrived, pressed the kittens into Tatia's arms, scooped her and her lovers up and the journey continued.

Elaya knew better than to chance anything, and ran, but she also began to howl. This howl was filled not with fear, heartbreak, or even a a simple message. but with dread purpose.

Far away, in the court that had held the goddess smitten by Seraphina, the gods and goddess screamed as they were thwarted, but also pleading with their tormentors to cease. Hundreds of weres and animals, including their own servants and pets had turned upon them and struck grievous blows. Much golden blood spattered their halls.

Elaya was told this by the very earth and she sighed. She had just freed many who had held long debt to the Metuzi, and they would be rewarded. She had also cost many their lives, and that would haunt her. But she had struck a blow, a blow to protect her lover. Her Seraphina.

Three hours later, having to slow down to ensure no one fell, to stay close,and to navigate the area, because, despite her denial, she was tired, having stayed up too much to watch over Sera, to run, to fight for her and all else. It was having it's toll. She mounted a hill, far from the campground and the sight of her battle, just before midnight, and with a groan she shook Rey and Laria off, then transformed, took Sera into her arms, let Rey light a fire near them, then fell asleep her face buried in Sera's neck and hidden by her hair.

The others joined them. it was not a good camping place, but it would do. The Rythert lay Drea into the bed of the nearby stream, and Gerry got the others to lay things out. Everyone was exhausted, the kittens showing this by pushing through to their respective mothers then dropping off to sleep.

Dawn would reveal more, including what they would/should do next. Gerry, also exhausted from his own adventures in the skies with the angel, set up a special mine thrower, told everyone not to leave it's laser ring until morning, then went to sleep.

Rey waited for Laria to lay down, but even he was tired. Many times he had had to fend off falling rocks, trees and even attacking animals who had smelled the many cuts on Elaya's legs, chest and muzzle. Drea slept on. The Rythert had had to carry the goddess and were already snuggled close to Tatia, sleeping to the sound of waves.

The angel and demon had also set up defensive measures, then unfolded their wings and enclosed the group in a rough circle made by the feathers and leathers. They both rested, healing in their ways.

It had been terrifying. Tatia had clung to her Rythert for dear life as they fled, worried this wave was for her. Were they really that powerful? She never thought it possible. But it became all too clear it was after something else as it seemed to aim for Elaya and those on her back, not Tatia and her company.

But then Drea came to all their rescues, exhausting herself in the process. And yet still they pressed on, till the entire group could go no further. Tatia could barely supress her yawns as she lay down, exhausted from the travels, pulling Rythert in close and Ebony on her lap. Across from them Lairia had curled up with Rhaegal and was pulling Reynault down to sleep with her, knowing he needed sleep too. Kai had transformed into a small shaggy wolf to keep warm as he slept near Drea in the river, watching over her sleeping form.

With all of them settled in for the night, none of them knew what to expect the next day, but they all knew this wasn't the last of the fight. Things would surely get worse as they got closer to Ocean City.

No one cared about Ocean City. Or the stupid stone.

Not here.

Down the hill lay a farm. A peaceful dairy and cattle farm. It was a small affair but very clean, well kept, and lovingly attended.

The fences were well strung, the posts strong and reinforced, and the land clearly marked. The group was actually trespassing, but the owners would not have begrudged them.

Marvin and Yancy Ewing were the most nauseatingly cute gay couple ever. For one simple reason. They were both faeries. Literal fae. of average human size, but youthful, sweet and kind in expression and temperament. Marvin was a dark skinned pixie from the UnSeelie court that had been, and Yancy a light blue skin fairy from the Seelie Court of yore. Neither had much magic anymore, and no one had a clue what had happened to either Oberon and Titania, or the legend that was Queen Mab.

So their kind had gone out to find peace and happiness. And the two had down so. They had staked a claim here and happily built up the small but happy life that was the Crossed Crowns Farm, until Yancy's sister and her husband and their two children had found their way to the farm. Then life had only become happier, but not so small. With the extra hands, and the steady work, and plenty of time and kinship with their stock, the family had swelled both financially and in size. within ten years Yancy and Marvin had gained seven new nieces and nephews, had some four hundred head of beef stock, another two hundred of dairy stock, goats, chickens, horses, quail, a pack of dogs, and the housecat Grimalkin.

Life had seemed to be only growing sweeter.

Until two years previous.

Now the house, still carefully and love fully maintained, was not so full, and despite the care was showing signs of wear, as was the house yard, except in one place. Two tombstones standing close beside one another.

The family slept, the younger children in the beds of their elders or their uncles. Fear was ever present in their lives.

As dawn began to rise they would soon learn that they had more to fear than they had even thought.

Rough men and women laughed as they squatted and fouled the clear pool that fed the stream to the Crossed Crowns. Then they laughed more as they knocked over posts, cut fence line, and set the herds to running loose. They did this edging toward the house where Marvin, Yancy and their twelve wards slept. None of the children were above the age of 14, and the farmers hoped to just maybe preserve the little bit of innocence that remained to the children.

It was not to be today.

When morning came, Seraphina woke sore and aching. She still felt worn, as if someone had dragged her across spikes, but she was awake. For now. Turning over she brushed hair back from Elaya's face and leaned in, kissing her. There was a lot that needed to be said, but not here. Not with listening ears. And they needed to move. Upon waking, most of the group was also awake and filled her in. They could not remain there any longer. Movement was clear. But no one was at full strength yet.

"Then we find somewhere safe to bunker down," Sera ordered, "We move until we are out of sight and regroup. Then we move on. Alright?"

No one disagreed and all too soon they were moving, Sera leaning heavily on her lover to keep her standing. She felt so weary.

"We need to talk soon," she whispered under her breath as they went, "We should talk about last-"

Sera was cut off by a sudden shrill cry, alerting all of them of trouble ahead.

Elaya's head snapped around. "That was a child."

Drea, also weak, started to speak. "Elaya we..."

Elaya's snarl was cruel and vicious. She grabbed Sera simply because she would not let her lover fall, and tore down the hill.

In the yard some fifty beings of various ages, shapes, races, and sizes were beating Marvin and Yancy. With iron tailed whips. The two fae were screaming despite themselves. While this went on, the children, all stripped naked and brutally beaten, were now being branded with iron pokers. Their screams were helpless and terrified.

Elaya saw it and snarled to her lover. "You better change or get some energy. because I have fuckers to kill."

Her feral growl ripped through the morning as her change began. She would have blood this day.

Everyone in the yard turned, save Marvin and Yancy who were hanging from their own gate bleeding and weeping in pain.

Behind Elaya and Sera ran a small but fearsome looking force. Drea rode the crest of a large wave, the Rythert below the crest bearing cruel looking weapons. Gerry was shooting already, driving the attackers away from the children. Rey was shirtless and glorious in his rage, his eyes red, his fangs monstrous, his form becoming that of a demon bent on blood.

Above them flew twin furies, one in gold, the other in black darker than pitch, screaming foul and divine war cries.

But none compared to the terror instilled by the slavering wolf monster charging down upon.

Elaya leapt free of Sera, leaving her no choice, and slashed the throat of three of the attackers as they drew weapons, leveling them at the children. Blood spurted upon the air. Elaya Blood-Fur. Daughter of the Metuzi, the pack of unbroken claws had made kill.

And she was not done.

While the fight began Lairia and Tatia were on Kai's back, racing around the side of the building and coming up the other way. Tatia jumped off, racing to the children and beckoning them to get into the house as she helped the weak, while Kai protected her and Lairia casted barrier spells on the house, allowing none of the cruel men to enter.

Meanwhile Sera stumbled as Elaya left her, but her eyes were dark with fury.

"Those are children!" she screamed, forgetting herself, "CHILDREN YOU FUCKERS!"

She surged forward as one of the men ran at her, her arm becoming flame as she punched him square in the nose. His leg swung out, knocking her on her back but she just continued to scream profanities at them, as she jumped up and tackled him, pinning him down. Bringing her hands up to his face she wedged her thumbs into his eyes, screaming in her phoenix tongue as she burst into flaems, melting his eyes and then his brain, his body jerking frantically as he died painfully.

And she was not done either. As the others took on their own fights, Sera kept any from escaping, tackling each and burning them from the inside out, caring little for her already dwindling energy. She was raging mad. Children. They were hurting children.

Drea was too weak to fight, but she had had an idea some while back for the Phoenix. Now she tried it.

She mounted a tree, then waved her hands at the sky and a hole opened in the sky, leaving no atmosphere, ozone or anything else to block it's rays and heat, all of which shined down upon the Phoenix. She had to stand still, her hands upraised, but she also created water lenses increasing the heat and strength ten fold as it blasted down upon the Phoenix. it was exhausting her but hopefully it would protect the redhead.

Gerry was in the same tree, both guarding her and shooting the would be stragglers. Men and women fell to his bullets.

The Angel and Demon had captured the minds of the horses, but were also guarding the unconscious fae, striking those who came near, but no more. Rey followed Laria fending off would be attackers.

the attackers were numerous and of many races. Humans. Spirits. Goblins. other Fae. And finally and most importantly to Elaya, weres.

including two fallen Metuzi.

The two women scrabbled at the earth, trying to transform and flee, unable by command of their Princess, who stalked them her rage only growing. They wet themselves, clutching each other, begging her for mercy.

She stalked forward, her fur coated in blood, dripping with it, her fangs masked in it, her eyes blood red, mad and wild.

"Please Your Grace!?1 We didn't know they were under your protection!"

Elaya hissed. "They aren't. But that hardly matters. These are CHILDREN!!"

They flinched and cowered as she drew nearer.

"The Metuzi is a pack of honor. We do not harm innocence. You have fallen but you still bear our blood. You have shamed the pack. You must pay the price."

"Your Grace please. We-"

"SILENCE!!" She moved forward and tore the muscles from their legs, hurling them toward Sera, where her heat vaporizing the meat instantly. Oddly the meat continued to throb and pulse. The women's legs remains gaping holes of bloody mess, unable to heal. She snarled then turned lunging after more to kill.

The battle began to wind down, and she already had few targets, but she showed no mercy for the survivors, dragging them down, not even scratching their horses, tearing out throats, hearts, spines, or whatever she had to to kill her victims. Save one. The last.

A changling, it tried to make itself into the shape of Laria, claiming innocence and alliance, but Elaya struck it down, gripped it's neck and dragged it to the house. "laria hold onto this. We have to talk to it."

She turned, nodded at the mess of bodies, then went to check on Sera. She ran to her lover, breathing the word. "Seraphina? Are you alright?"

As the battle raged on, Lairia stood in the doorway of the ranch house, protecting it with her magic while Kai and Tatia remained inside, helping those who had been hurt. Tatia had called on Rythert to come and join her, the three soaking the children and adult's back with fresh water to clear it of infection, before turning them over to Kai who was bandaging them up.

"How's it going out there Lairia?" Tatia asked as she crossed the entrance hall to the kitchen to empty a bowl with blood soaked rags.

Lairia turned her head slightly then looked back, her voice coming out weak, "We have it covered."

Tatia brow furrowed and she stepped closer, catching Lairia's reflection in the mirror. There was dark blood coming from her nose, and her eyes looked glazed, as if she was ready to pass out. She wasn't fully healed yet. She drained herself the other day and hasn't replenished. How much did those spells take out of her? I know she doesn't want Rey to worry, but she's going to hurt herself.

"Lairia come inside," she asked, seeing Rey quickly striding over to them. He'd coax her in, "Elaya and the others have this."

~

Meanwhile Sera had two men pinned to trees as the sun began to bake her. She looked up, trying to discern why the sun suddenly felt warmer. She could see Drea and Gerry, guessing the deity had something to do with it. The sun was too far to truly heat her up, but the concentrated rays help push her to keep going, keeping her from falling off the edge into unconscious.

Looking back at the men she had pinned to the trees with ropes of fire she tightened her hold until they screamed.

"Have anything to say before I burn you alive?" she hissed.

They both glared and coughed at her, but said nothing. Growling at them she stepped closer and began to heat the air around them, burning them up. When they burst into flames she dropped them, watching them roll on the ground, slowly dying. Her body rocked and her knees buckled but she pushed it away. Hold on...a little longer Sera...push on...push on...

She turned, seeing Elaya handing a changeling to Lairia who looked exhausted and knew the sorceress could do no more. She was the leader. She needed to handle this. But taking a step made the world spin and she paused, holding her stomach to keep from vomitting.

"I'm...I'm fine," she coughed, catching Elaya's arm and squeezing it before Sera pushed on towards the house, "Rey! Get Lairia inside and resting. Leave it for me."

Lairia dropped the changeling and stumbled, leaning heavily into Reynault as Sera strode towards them, hiding her own exhaustion, "You shouldn't push this hard Lairia. It is our job to protect you, not kill you. Get her a bed and watch her Rey. Don't let anyone disturb her."

As they left Sera turned to the changeling who was quickly scrambling to get away.

Mother help me... Sera sighed internally, reaching deep within herself until she felt that bond with the flame. It connected her to the Mother Flame, a version of mother nature like Elaya's moon mother. One of the many forms mother nature took on. She reached until she felt the connection, drawing from the Mother Flame. This was dangerous. And she knew it. Drawing from the Mother Flame would give her more strength than she could ever have, but it came with a very dangerous edge. If she overstep that edge, if she went too far, the flame would eat her up, burning her body until there was nothing left. And no Phoenix had ever rebirthed from death by the Mother Flame.

Still, she drew from it, feeling it fill her with fire and energy. With how depleted she was it only restored her strengths, and to think, if she had been at full strength the Mother Flame could double her heat. Seraphina could take down an entire army with that strength, but not today.

"You'r not going anywhere," Sera snapped, and a ring of fire shot up from the ground circling her. Another perk of the Mother Flame. She did not need to be tethered to this fire.

The changeling squealed, hugging her legs as she looked up at Sera, scared. Then she shift forms, becoming Elaya instead of Lairia. Changelings were cousins to shifters, but where shifter could become any living thing given practise, Changelings could only alter their looks to seem like other people. Their height and body frame never changed, however, so while the face looked like Elaya, this changeling was too short and slender to be able to pass as Seraphina's lover.

"Stop that," Sera growled, eyes dark as the ring grew smaller, flames licking the girl's skin, "Elaya, ask what you want of her. I will keep her...contained."

Elaya had to shake herself.

She could smell the dangerous game Sera was playing, but now was not the time to question it.

Rey had not moved, too busy staring at Sera in, awe, but he jumped when she snarled his name, then she moved to the changeling. "Who and what are you assholes?"

The being cringed, refusing to speak.

Elaya flicked a glance back at Sera. "See her? The living flame goddess holding you? That's my lady. She doesn't like that you fucks hurt kids. The only reason she hasn't turned your blood into magma is because she hopes you can give us some answers. Unless you don't know anything. Sera my love I think she-"

"We're from the Golden Hills Ranch! Our bosses want the land. These dumbass farmers won't move.Let me go!"

Elaya arched an eyebrow. "Who said a word about letting you go? Sera, darling mine, did you say such a thing?"

The changeling screeched. "That's all i know! i get paid to herd cattle and scare off hicks! Let me go!"

Elaya nodded and looked at her lover, her face calm but her eyes wild. "Do as you like." But her eyes screamed for the Phoenix to hurry. To stop risking herself.

Gerry and Drea had gotten to the others and were helping bandage the pixies. being what they were water wouldn't help even if Drea could have used it, and the angel couldn't do anything. So they patched them up and carried them into the house, where the Rythert had the bed waiting along with sea herbs that soothed the raw flesh, letting the two sleep.

Sera's eyes moved to Rey as he continued to stand there, then she snapped her fingers, "Rey! Take Lairia inside. Now!"

She didn't like repeating herself twice, and while she felt bad for snapping, she didn't need an audience. Worse so, Lairia had blood dripping from her nose, obviously having pushed herself. At least she was stubborn.

"I'm fine," Lairia whispered to Rey, Sera catching the words and shaking her head, "No she's not. Rey please, take her and find her rest. You are to guard her until I say otherwise."

As they left Seraphina shook her head, "Elaya, please go inside too and dress any wounds. I have this."

She knew the wolf would be unhappy about the order, but Seraphina didn't want to be watched for what she did next. She coaxed her to go, nodding to the house, "Please. As your leader I want everyone inside. Leave me to handle this."

Sera waited, watching her to leave as she kept the changeling trapped within the ring.

Elaya blinked at the order. She was no nurse. She would be more than useless in such a situation.

But she knew the order for what it was.

She moved aside as the group moved inside, checked for everyone, then bowed to her lover, turned on her paws and walked inside, transforming as she went.

At the door she could not help a pause, her fingers on the doorway, out of sight of the changeling. She said nothing but her heart was in her throat as she watched her lover. She gulped and turned shutting the door. She watched now through a rifle slot in it. She would not go any farther. Sera needed her. Elaya could see that.

The only sound now was from the weeping exiles who cowered in fear from the redhead, while the changeling tried not even to breath lest the flames engulf her.

Sera's eyes turned to the exiles briefly, and two firey hands erupted from the ground, grasping their torn legs. She smiled, a wicked gleam in her eye.

"Stay put," she hissed, "Elaya will surely want you after I'm done with this one."

The exiles cowered and cried, but they did not die. Her fires simply held them in place. Then turning back to her own prey she stepped into the ring as it shot higher, becoming a pillar that no one could see through, not even Elaya. They were alone. The changeling cowered but did not move, fearful of the flames licking at her sweaty skin.

"Here's something few know about Phoenix's," she hissed, kneeling down, "Well, few know Phoenix's even exist, let's be honest. We are a shy bunch, who keep our secrets to ourselves. But this secret, I'll let you in on. I can breath in the mother flame. Oh, I see you know what that is. Mmm yes, I'm breathing her in right now. She fills me with this fire, the fire that will eat you right up. Don't speak. I know you told us what you know. But I cannot simply let you live, and the Mother Flame, she wants penitence for the fire I have claimed from her."

The changeling cried, flinching away as Sera rose a hand and it turned white hot with heat. She could feel the flames inside her pulling at her now, grasping at her core and soul, begging her to join her mother. She didn't have much longer.

"A soul is always what mother nature seeks for any payment," she smiled reaching down and suddenly thrusting her hand through the changelings chest, "And a soul is attached to the heart, as long as it beats."

she ripped her hand out, now cool and dripping blood, and there in her palm was a still beating heart, the changeling staring at it for a solid second before crumpling to the ground, dead. The heart lurched too then fell frozen, no longer attached. It did not phase the redhead. with her thumbs she ripped the heart in half, speaking in the tongue of Phoenix's.

"Giveth what I take, what could be mine will always be yours, and in this greed I thank you. Bless you mother, for granting me your greatest gift, and allow me to return what you need, and send also the gift you so crave. Giveth to you a soul, a soul of one for the fire's in your heart. And in this act I thank you. Free me."

It was an old blessing, one no one but Phoenix's knew. And it was not to be shared, which was why Sera had hidden from sight and sound. The pillar of fire had kept all from hearing her exchange with the changeling and her words afterwards, so that not even her lover could know. Otherwise Sera feared she'd be punished.

The heart in her palms burst into flames and when it died nothing was left in her hands. Instantly she let go of the connection, sending the Mother Flame back into the earth as the pillar disappeared and the field became calm again. She took one step towards the ranchhouse, reaching out towards it before she gripped her head, the world spinning.

"Elaya," she breathed.

And then all went dark.

The door was thrown open and only it's magical charm kept it intact, and the whole house still shook as Elaya kicked it open and ran, despite her human form quick enough to fall under and catch her lover.

She had been about to leap free of the house when the pillar of fire had dropped. Then she had seen Sera reach for her and say her name. now she clutched her lover, stroking her hair.

The exiles seized the moment. "Your fire bitch is dead! You can't hurt us now!!"

Elaya twitched. Her fearful eyes and face faded and her expression became as stone. She stood, easily lifting her lover. She cradled Sera to her chest and carried the redhead inside, to her special roll and a magically warded bed that would not burn.

Elaya kissed Sera's eyes, nose, brow, cheeks, temples, chin, jaw, and lips a hundred times. A thousand times. Then she whispered. "Don't you dare die Seraphina. Don't leave me like this." She pressed a kiss to her lover's lips, then turned and left the room. She pointed at the kittens who had been set on a chair to be out of the way. "You two. Guard her. If she so much as twitches you had best know about it."

They mewed but trundled into the room to obey. The wolf was not one to disobey.

She studied everyone and noted that Kai had found himself with nothing to do now. The children were asleep through herbs or magic and those that could were tending to the adults. She snapped her fingers at him. "Malakai come with me."

The shifter blinked. He and Elaya were not exactly close. She tended to tease him more than anything.

She snarled. "Come on animal boy. I need you."

He nodded and fell into step behind her. "i hope Sera will be-"

"She's fine."

He gulped. Elaya was bristling with rage and power.

~

Rey pressed Laria down into her bed and forced her to drink a full three glasses of water, and eat two pieces of bread before he would speak or do anything else. Only then did he speak.

"Laria you have to stop. Rest. If you go down how can we handle the stone? None of us are true magic users." he ran tender hand over her cheek and into her hair. "Please. Rest."

~

Elaya stepped out onto the porch and the exiles jeered. "oh? Found a new fuckbuddy?"

Kai flinched. "Your Grace I-"

She held up a hand and he fell silent, gulping again.

Elaya moved to the exiles, who despite their words twitched away from her. She squatted between them and spoke very softly. "I know what you are doing. Trying to make me angry enough to kill you quickly. That will not happen. You must pay the price for your crimes. Now be silent."

They whimpered but obeyed. She grabbed their ankles and set off toward the forest. "Come along Kai."

Twenty minutes later she had dragged them over the roughest terrain, ripping their flesh apart, then hung them from the branches of a strong cedar. The sap was already bleeding into their many wounds making them tremble in pain.

She turned to Kai. "Do you know your animal methods of dismissal?"

Kai blinked and nodded. "yes...why? you..You can't mean to."

She nodded. He gulped and bowed most respectfully. "Your Grace... I should not... It is disrespectful to your pack."

She noted how respectful he was being. How aware he was of her rage. "They are not pack Malakai. You are. You are serving the pack. Cleansing the world of a great evil."

He looked up at her. "Elaya..... I am not pack."

Her nostrils flared and he could not help a flinch back. "I have named you pack. Thus you are and ever shall be. Now do as i ask."

He gulped but nodded.

~

Back at the ranch house, Gerry was with the kids, soothing the tears that arose. He had given his first aid and med gear to those tending to the adults, knowing he would be of little use. So he was helping with the babies.

Amitiel and Narxis had steppe din to drain off several poisons and some curses, but little else was within their power with these kinds of wounds.

Drea was within the well, resting. She had no choice. She was making the water cleaner and more conducive to healing even as she 'slept' but she could do no more.

~

Elaya stood in wolf form on a rock watching as Kai did as bid.

First he became a wolf, smaller than her, but otherwise the very epitome of a male wolf. He walked to the pair, raised his leg and pissed on their faces. They sputtered and cursed but he ignored them.

~

Gerry had been captured by the oldest child. A girl name Lilly. Nearly 15,. Already beautiful. But so small, frail and so very very scared. She clutched at his neck and chest, sobbing in her fear. He held her close and hummed a soft song to her. he couldn't name it, but Tatia would have known it well. it was sea lullaby. No words just the rhythms of the sea given voice.

The girl sobbed for what seemed hours, but finally fell asleep against his chest.

~

Kai's bear struck each face with the smooth rear curve of it's paws.

~

The kittens mewed and licked Sera's sleeping face.

~

The lion that was Kai chuffed at them, then walked over their bruised and stinking faces.

~

Rey studied Laria, still stroking her hair and neck.

~

The eagle clawed their faces and screeched.

~

Ebony snuggled into Sera's neck while Rhaeghal perched between her breasts, his tail lashing over her tummy.

~

The boar huffed and blew snot on them, then ruffled his rough bristled hip over their cheeks, stripping away flesh.

~

Gerry watched the other children sleep, swearing bloody revenge on the bastards responsible.

~

The bull gored them through the pelvis', ignoring their screams of pain as their waste spilled forth once again.

~

Drea blessed the house and the land.

~

The porcupine flung quills inches deep into their flesh.

~

The cattle returned to their pasture, grazing where they belonged, ignoring the broken fence. They knew where they belonged.

~

Animal after animal marked the pair. Hurting them. degrading them. Showing them as less than animals. Less than filth. Their sobs and tears were endless. And Elaya watched it all with merciless hatred.

Finally Kai returned to his human form. "i have no more Your Grace. I would like to check on everyone if i may?"

She nodded. "Thank you Malakai."

He left silently, not looking back. There was nothing behind him.

Elaya smiled at this. He knew the animal spirits very well indeed. She turned to the pair, sat raised her nose and opened her mouth. She did not howl, but instead drew in.

The pair shrieked and thrashed but could not escape or move. Two shadowy wolves leapt free and stood before Elaya. They bowed, then ran off.

She lowered her head and walked away without a word. They were no longer pack. No longer were. No longer human.

She had taken only ten steps when she heard their shriek again as animals swarmed them devouring the living corpses. Their blood fell heavily.

~

Elaya entered the bedroom and moved up onto the bed in her wolf form, laying her head on Sera's right breast, her eyes locked on her lover. In this pose she slowly fell deeply asleep.

Sera had fallen deeply into a sleep that could not be woken, her body beyond normal exhaustion. Nothing could or would wake her, and so she slept, unaware of Elaya or the kittens.

Meanwhile Kai had headed back to the ranchhouse and turned himself into a crow, perching on the well. He knew Drea was below, resting, and with the others busy, someone needed to be watchful of the deity, making sure she came to no harm. Being as he was one of the few not completely exhausted he took it upon himself, mulling over what Elaya had made him do.

~

Lairia ate and drank as instructed, her eyes drooping and her body tired, but her mind awake. The food and water helped with her energy, but she knew she needed sleep. As he stroked her cheeks she reached up with weary hands and pulled his face down, kissing him long and softly, their feelings still new and budding, but the spark was immensely powerful.

"I felt like I haven't done that in ages, and it has only been two days," she whispered, looking into his eyes then to the empty side of the bed, "Would you mind...sleeping next to...me? I'd feel more comfortable with your company after such a...eventful last couple days."

Elaya knew that what Kai had done would worry him. She had involved him in pack business.

But as she slept she dreamed. As the bodies were mauled, mutilated, and further degraded, things began to change. The exiles here knew now they were recognized and their fear was paralyzingly powerful, within mere minutes of the event. Horses supporting the exiles and those they rode with began to buck and fight their bits, throwing many riders.

None hurt. Yet. But the message was clear. The foes of the Metuzi should be fought, fled from and reviled for the scum they were.

~

Rey smiled kissing her back, forgetting all else in that moment. At her request he smiled. "i would be honored."

He shifted onto the bed more properly, wrapping around her and kissing her jaw. "I've missed the taste of those lips as well."

Lairia turned to face him, her nose only lightly touching his so she could look into those eyes. While sleep called and sang to her she held off, unsure how many of these moments she would get with Rey, alone and detached from the chaos unfolding. Just her and Rey. Nothing else.

"Have you?" she whispered, her hair spilling out over the pillow and her shoulders. She wore nothing but a plain black greek inspired dress with a belt she had pulled off along with her jewelry and lain on the night stand. For once she wore no necklaces or rings, feeling almost nude before him with so little on. A blush crept on her cheeks as she remembered she wore no bra, her breast's free under the silky cloth.

She leaned forward, kissing him softly again. His lips were intoxicating against hers, her right hand running up his side to his shoulder, then his cheek and into his hair, running her fingers through it. For the briefest moment that morning she had seen him shirtless as they had descended on the farm, and it made her blush worse now, thinking those illicit thoughts of how good he had looked. How he might feel under her fingers. The kiss deepened, then Lairia pulled back breathless, her cheeks hot and red and her heart pounding.

He nodded, then smiled at her question. " i did indeed."

he was about to add something more when she began kissing him. No not just kissing him.

But Kissing him.

He could restrain a moan, then he all but melted as she ran her fingers through his hair. he loved that. He had never realized it but the feeling was astounding.

He experienced an impressive swelling and stared at her, his own face flushed at the sudden arousal. Then his peripheral vision caught sight of her body under the dress and his erection gave a powerful throb while he cupped her head. he wasn't sure what to do. She looked so beautiful. So perfect. So inviting. But she had asked him to be patient.

He studied her eyes, hoping for a clue.

She was unaware she was effecting him in such a way, her focus glued to his face, her one hand pinned under her own head as her other played in his hair, never tiring of it. She could see it was melting him, and such a simple gesture made her feel closer to him.

"Tell me to stop," she breathed, leaning in again, "If you want me to."

Her lips set on his once more, with the same fire before as she pressed into him a little more, their bodies still apart but not their lips. It was like drinking in the sweetest tasting air as she kissed him. It felt so natural, so needed.

He moaned into the kiss, then gently drew back. "please. Never stop."

He leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss upon her lips in return. He needed the contact. The feel and taste of her sweet and perfect lips.

He broke the kiss to gaze into her eyes. He hoped she would never stop stroking his hair, and also never stop kissing him. but he didn't know how else to say it.

His simple wish was an easy command. Even as he broke the kiss again she grinned, knowing she would give him more. No one would disturb them, and something about Reynault...something told her he had no means to hurt her. She was a woman to be courted, but he had been doing just that, and she simply could not withhold her lips from him much longer.

She wiggled in, pressing her body to his, the thin silk of her dress leaving little to the imagination as she pushed herself into his arms, pulling his arm around her waist, till his fingers tickled her naked back. She could feel it now and her blush deepened, Lairia gently biting her lip.

"It seems your enjoying this," she whispered, implying the bulge against her thigh, "I cannot say I blame you, with a beauty in your arms, lying in a bed as she kisses you. You continue to be patient with me Rey. Thank you."

Her fingers gripped his hair gently, pushing him into her lips as she kissed him once more. But this kiss held more fire, the spark growing larger. Now she was within his arms, pressed to him, and her heart raced as she kissed him hungrily, wanting more of his attention, her ideas of sleep abandoned now.

He smiled into the kiss and folded her in close, sealing her within his arms.

"I am enjoying you Laria. More than i thought possible. To hold such a beauty as yourself is a dream. To be kissed by her a blessing. To be similarly enjoyed a gift. Thank you."

Her tightened grip made him shudder and press tighter against her, shifting his erection again her thigh, strengthening his hold on her, and causing him to deepen the kiss, returning his own passion and fire for her.

Back
Top Bottom