Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Song of Ice and Fire (ApplepoisoneerxDon Vltonus)

Pearl thought for a moment and came to a decision. "And you have no intention of returning to homeworld." Pearl supposed they could lie, but this wasn't the kind of state people were in where lying was easy.

"No." Sapphire said resolutely, knowing that Ruby had frantically thought of trying to return her earlier. But she was so happy here on this world with her, especially now that they had fused.

A soft, deep voice came from over Pearl's shoulder. "You already have one." The titanic form of Rose Quartz crested the little hill and stood behind Pearl. The two of them were such physical oposites that the slender form of the first gem was completely engulfed in the second gem's shadow.

Pearl almost jumped at the sound of her voice, but instead, she slid out of the way. She watched the newly fused gem.

"Really?" Sapphire asked, searching her future vision for answers, but coming blank.

"Uh, Sapphire, why do I see pictures of us living in a house on the beach?" Ruby asked inside their head.

"Because it's what we were meant for." Sapphire uttered, barely above a whisper. Emotions hit her in such a flood that her eye, their eyes began to water. "We could be... I could be happier here than either of us has ever been."

The pink-haired giant smiled brightly and nodded. "Welcome to Earth. How do you feel? I'm sure it's... all a little much to take in."

Rose smiled and even laughed a little. "I can't say it will get easier. In fact, I could never know what you're feeling right now. But we can give you a safe place to sort it all out."

"You mean they're...?"

"Yes Pearl." Rose nodded. "If they wish to stay with us, then they are welcome."

Pearl tilted her head from Rose to teh new comers and forced herself to smile. "Well, what should we call you?"

Sapphire thought for a moment. "Well, we are a combination of a Sapphire and a Ruby..."

"What about Garnet? It fits our color." Ruby chuckled in their head. "And we're really tough like this."

(Ohhhh, Steven Universe is about to get real. Also, we need more Amethyst backstory dammit.)

"It's beautiful, I love it!" Sapphire gushed. For the first time in her several hundred years of existence, she felt an almost uncontrolable outpouring of emotion. Tears dripped from the blue eye between the other two they had, freezing a little way down their face, like diamond beads.

Rose Quartz smiled warmly, resting a hand on Pearl's shoulder, who was starting to soften toward the idea of adding a few new gems to the raggle-taggle resistance.

(I know! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see more of Peridot getting used to Earth, and Lapis too.)

(And some sweet Alexanderite Vs Malachite!)

A grin spread across their face, Ruby chuckling in their head. "You know, this means at some point we get to kick some Blue Diamond butt."

(If you want to watch that particular fight early, they did leak it. You can watch pretty much the whole fight on youtube now.)

"Oh, I am looking forward to that." Sapphire said resolutely. Though she'd never actually been in a fight before, she would have loved to shatter blue diamond's gem with her own hands.

At this, Pearl smiled. "Well, I think we can help you with that."

"But first, you should rest" Rose offered, gesturing to the path and and Pearl had taken to come to this point. "Come with us, and make yourself at home."

(OOC: Also, I have no idea where to go from here.)

Back
Top Bottom