Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Demon Lord Rises (Broomhandle and Princess)

"I am many things that will surprise you," Ganondorf purred. "Just as I assume, a woman with your depth of intelligence, is far more than she appears to be." he said, wreathing them both in dark magic. He was weaker than he liked, but not weak enough to move to his ancestral home of the Gerudo Desert. A harsh, bitter wasteland where only the strong survived. He wasn't surprised to find his old fortress in disrepair, it had been quite some time...but it would suit their purposes for the time being.

His dark magic was more than comforting, and despite the lack of scenery she was glad to be away from the sacred realm. Their corruption wasn't enough to stop it from being nauseating, and it would burn away their corruption now that they were no longer there. Still, she had to wonder what this place meant to him. "You assume right, Demon King. Perhaps I will share a little bit of my story with you when the time is right. Now, where have you brought me?" She could sense life not too far away from this place, but they were alone. For the moment.

"My old castle," Ganondorf said, glancing around. "Ah, it comes and goes with the years, it seems..." he grinned. "But you are in the Gerudo Desert, a harsh wasteland. One that makes it difficult for pesky heroes to sneak their way in. With some effort, this place should suit our needs nicely." He would have to speak to the people again, as well...it seemed their allegiance came and went with the years too.

Medusa was quiet enough to hear the wind roll over the sand dunes behind them, and she couldn't help but be unimpressed. A castle in the middle of a wasteland seemed pointless, however it was a perfect defensive area to take. "Yes, I agree. What of the mortals that currently inhabit this place? I would hope they would not get in our way." Even better if they could be...persuaded of a sort. Although if she was honest with herself, she was a little rusty with her charms. It had been a long time since she controlled anyone in a way other than fear.

"My people, the Gerudo," Ganondorf grinned. "Worry not, my dear...this castle and the people within the desert will come to respect you soon enough," he said, glancing around. "And perhaps a decor improvement couldn't hurt, I do enjoy some color where I live." he mused. "Very plain, wouldn't you say? Not very suitable for our needs."

It was honestly much better than the holes she had been hiding herself in, but would she admit that? No, she would not. "There was a time when I could twist and create things from nothing to suit my needs. Now, I must save my magic for more meaningful purposes. It will have to do for now, unless you've got a trick up your sleeve." He was nothing like what she imagined, but at least he was charming in a certain way. He did not annoy her like the last person who helped her. Thanks to that girl though, she had accomplished what she needed. Perhaps she would seek her out and have her do more. After all, she needed a spy to keep an eye out on their surroundings until she regained her own sight.

"You do not live as long as I have without a few," Ganondorf grinned. "I find it most fun to twist people...and their desires, wouldn't you agree?" he said, his golden eyes trailing up her body absently. Yes, he did not know how long he was out...but he knew that his people never forgot the story of him. They would seek them out first, and see how it went.

"There is nothing better." Medusa agreed with a smirk. She could feel his eyes on her, despite the fact that she was still gazing at the castle. That made her feel good, it made her feel..attractive. She was glad that he could see the beauty passed her scales, because she couldn't sometimes. Not when she remembered what she truly looked like before Palutena had turned her into what she was now. The passing thought was already souring her mood, so she decided to change the subject. "Do you intend to use your people to give this place a little updating?" Why not? That was the weak were for..doing the dirty work.

"We shall see how the Gerudo respond," he chuckled, absent mindedly dusting off his shoulder before offering his arm. "Shall we, my dear? We must make a good first impression, after all."

"I suppose we don't have any choice. We must start somewhere with gaining more forces." As much as she hated it, Medusa knew that she needed help. Allies. She could not get back to her rightful place on her own. She snaked her arm around his, although she was only being so friendly because she was in a good mood and he had done her a great favor by defeating Pit. She wondered what he really meant by a good first impression, because she really did not worry about such things with people she could easily overpower and scare. However, since he claimed these people were his, she would..try to be pleasant. She needed to practice anyway, so she could seduce the mortals through their dreams...entice them and make them believe in her.

"Now now," Ganondorf grinned, patting her arm. "I understand that a woman of your quality cannot always find the help she so desires...but loyalty to the cause can be it's own strength, my dear. Trust me, you have afforded me freedom, and I will assist you...much of what you crave is what I crave. Leave it to me, I assure you. The Gerudo will be as loyal to you as they are to me, you have my word. Let us just see how they have continued on without me, mm?"

There were a number of issues, but for now...he would see how things turned out. It was hard to say how long he had been imprisoned again, he needed news, information.

"Comforting words," Medusa began as with a smirk. He was far more charismatic than she would think him to be, but that was good. "If what you say is true, then they will be the first to aid me in the next step of my plan. I am nowhere near as powerful as I used to be. However, with the help of the mortals and their prayers, I can regain that power." She purred as her grin grew wider. "And in return, I can share some of that power with you, Ganondorf. I just need...some time."

"Of course," Ganondorf said easily. "Rest assured, I was unsealed for a reason, no? Allow me to do my part, besides...you at the helm will allow me to work without fear of Hyrule being aware of my return, for the most part." he smirked. "By all means, soak up the attention. It will allow me to work faster."

Medusa's only answer was a soft chuckle, but she fell silent as they made their way towards the village that looked only slightly less desolate than the castle they had arrived at. Knowing Palutena, after she nursed Pit back to health, she'd interfere. Her poison was a rare one, it would take her a while to find the antidote that would cure the little nuisance all together. She could prevent it from killing him until she found a way to remove it. That was plenty of time to work with.

Before they could even enter the place, Medusa heard a horn sound off in the distance. Interesting, even all the way out here, they watched for intruders? Her sight only reached so far, but she could already tell they were preparing for their arrival. Medusa could even smell the scent of their metal weapons. "My, looks like they're gathering everyone at the gates just to welcome us. How polite." She said with an edge of sarcasm in her voice.

"No matter," Ganondorf laughed. "That saves us the trouble, does it not? Come, let us find a place for you to get out of this miserable sun," he purred, undeterred as ever, they continued to make their way towards the village. "It seems that my people are different every time I return," he mused. "Pay no mind, they just need a proper reminder who their King is."

"Well, I'll leave this to you then..." Medusa said with a bemused tone as they approached, although she stopped when they came outside of the gates with their shamshirs and their spears. They were ready to attack if need be, but in the center of them was a woman with no weapon at all, but many surrounded her. Interesting, they were all female, all with red hair and dark skin. It raised many questions, but she held her tongue. For now.

"Sorry for the rude welcoming," The woman in the center called out to them, though she had a big smile on her face that suggested she was confident in her position. "But you see, we don't get very many friendly visitors. State your business, depending on your answer we'll let you leave and return to where you came from."

"My my...have you forgotten me already?" Ganondorf smirked, clicking his tongue. "Who do you think I am, girl? Take a good look, do you not recognize your true king? Ganondorf?" Ah, yet again...another time where they simply had forgotten him, how sad. But a fresh slate, perhaps...

The woman seemed genuinely surprised, and Medusa could hear murmurs coming from the group. "Wait...hold on." The woman muttered as she started walking closer, a single guard sticking to her heels like her shadow. She seemed a little more menacing than the others, Medusa could see the blood lust in her eyes as they approached. She stopped several feet away from them, squinting as she regarded him. Like she had trouble seeing. "I see, so you've returned." She murmured in deep thought. No one really seemed relaxed though, even with her confirmation. "And you came here to do what you normally do for us, you've come to strengthen our numbers and our blood, correct? Or do you have another agenda, as you often do?"

"So knowledgeable, aren't we?" Ganondorf purred in amusement. "Yes, I suppose there is always a need, but before we discuss that further, my dear...who are you? Are you the current leader of the Gerudo?"

"That's correct," She began with a slight wave of her hand. It was only then where the women behind her began to relax, just a little. All but the one directly behind her. "I am called Kali, and the one behind me is Sybil. How about you introduce your pretty shadow behind you?" She was curious, she still wasn't sure what to make of all this. Before, it was a good thing whenever their King returned. However he had become more and more corrupt every time he came back, and she had heard the stories of his blood thirsty conquests to take over Hyrule. She didn't care about that, she only cared about protecting her people and preventing them from going extinct because of their lack of success at conceiving with the Hylians.

"Ah, it seems my own manners are lacking," Ganondorf smirked, nudging Medusa closer. "This is Lady Medusa, Goddess of Darkness. Without her, I would not be here today, I owe her a great deal, and in return, I would like to repay her generosity to my freedom. She is lovely, is she not?"

"A Goddess?" Kali questioned idly as she studied the woman, paying extra attention to her snaked riddled hair. She didn't look like one, but there was an air about her that was dangerous. Kali could tell when their eyes met, that she was different from them.

"Yes. Your King speaks the truth." Medusa answered, slightly insulted by the question. She was not in the mood to explain herself to these mortals. It was already insulting enough having weapons pointed at them the moment they had arrived.

"Lady Medusa, it is an honor to meet you. Suppose all this sun isn't fitting for a Goddess of Darkness, forgive my manners. We should go inside...to talk." Kali told them both, although Sybil inched closer to her and narrowed her eyes directly at Medusa. Kali knew that she objected into bringing them into their home, but she turned nonetheless and gave her a reassuring smile.

"You are a wise woman, Lady Sybil, thank you for your hospitality," Ganondorf grinned, his eyes more than openly wandering down her back as he patted Medusa's arm to calm her. Now now...one couldn't have loyal subjects without displaying loyalty in turn, yes?

The Gerudo lived very meager lives, it seemed. They made the best out of what they had, which was sand and more sand. Medusa did not know how a mortal race could survive out in these conditions. Perhaps they were stronger than they looked.

Kali led them into the largest of bungalows, which would only be natural for the leader of the village. The inside was modest, but spacious and Medusa was grateful for that. She had always been uncomfortable in smaller spaces. "You may sit anywhere if you'd like." Kali invited, though there were not many fitting places that Medusa would bother to. Some sturdy looking chairs, a strange, lumpy couch covered by a sheet to protect it from the dust and sand, and a large bed in the far corner. "Anyways, I invited you into my home to speak more privately. As you can see, we are more than a little nervous about your return, Lord Ganondorf. I think we have a right to be as well."

"Mm," Ganondorf said, in a tone that was not at all in agreement. "Yes, because you are doing excellently without me, aren't you?" he smirked. "Have my people lost their spines and forgot what power and progress meant? Do they prefer to flounder in the sands and die a slow, ignominious death? I am your King, girl. I have been your King since time began, and yet this is the reception I am given?"

Back
Top Bottom