Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

Adri put her hand on Jake's leg for support when he started talks about going home. It was a big step for him to go and see Eddy. She rubbed his thigh and looked at Amy and Luke. She would like Luke there to be her back up but she knew hospital rules wouldn't allow too many people in the room at once.

She was nervous to meet him but Jake was already stressed about it so she didn't want to let it show. She had to be prepared for anyone he said to her so she didn't snap or cry or anything. She was going to a brick wall there to support Jake. "We could train for meeting Eddy." Adri said with a smile. Trying to brighten up the conversation. Luke can say some mean things about me and you can work on brushing it off. Or hold on to the anger and using it for 200." She offered but that didn't seem to help the situation. And it would probably get Luke in the hospital.

She sighed and thought of something else to say. "Depending on how she acts we might go introduce Owen to his grandmother. He's met my parents and we aren't married yet. I think he should meet his blood even if she isn't the nicest woman in the world. And Luke, if you go with us you can meet mother dearest." She smiled at him and took a bite out of her wrap.

She pour Max some water and put it out for him and gave him a bone to chew on while everyone ate.

"Luke isn't allowed to go cause I don't need both of them trying to kill the man." She was half serious and half joking.

Luke looked at Adri, "Woah hold up why you sacrificing me? I mean it would be nice to be able to say what I want to Jake, but...I don't want to die so can we invest in some duct tape and chain?" Jake rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Luke, if I wanted to hurt you, I would have by now."

"But I haven't said awful things." Luke had a point.

John stepped in, "Son, I will go if you need me. I'll be right where you need me. But let's just enjoy the day alright? It's too beautiful to let this stuff get us all down." Jake smiled, his father was a good man. He gave Adri a kiss as his way to thank her for the support and organizing everything.

Everyone ate and just had a good time. Amy leaned against Luke and they seemed pretty in love. Jake did wonder why he never saw them fight or argue. Maybe it was still early in the relationship. After everyone ate Jake looked around the park and saw baby swings. "Q you think O would like the swings? Should we take him over?"

"Yeah. You take him over ther and I'm going to take Max to use the bathroom and throw the trash away. We will meet you over there in a bit." She told him and watched him walk off with Owen.

"Thank you guys for agreeing to go. He's been weird lately and I think I know why and I hope this trip helps him out. I will book the hotel tonight and he wants to leave a week from when we get back. There are a few gyms nearby but you want to do the research and call around." She told Luke. "He's really going to need it after Eddy."

She rubbed her lips together and looked at Jake and Owen again. "I'm sure 199 will make him feel a little bit better. Or at least get his mind off of whatever is going on."

Jake gave Adri a kiss and picked Owen up to take him to the swing. They also had a sandbox he may let the little guy try out too. He put him in the seat and buckled him up. He started to push him, facing him. Owen loved it.

Luke nodded. "I'll look into gyms. We can get creative. We will figure it out." John said that families pull together whenever they need each other. Despite his relationship with their mother he still wanted to be there for his kids.

"I don't know if it will really help Adri. I think 199 is partly why he is upset." Luke said cleaning up some of the food. "Jake got Bisping's last fight cause he was hurt. Bisping now has a title fight for 199..."

It took a second to register who he was and then she remembered the guy from the club. She rubbed her lips together and slowly nodded her head. "What would happen if Bisping won? Does that make Jake number two?"

"Does that mean Jake's last fight was just a fight? There was no merit to it? I'm so confused." She sighed. There was a lot to keep up with with fighting.

"If he Bisping won though, would he fight Jake at 200?" Did she want him to fight Bisping, not really. He seemed like a dirty fighter and the threats Bisping made still her made her shudder. If he actually hurt Jake...she didn't want to think about it. "Or would Jake fight the loser? Why do I have a feeling that Jake and Bisping are going to meet in the ring one day soon? Can he just skip over him entirely? Is that possible?"

"If Bisping wins then Jake would be bumped down cause the current champ would be 2. But no he's already set to fight Souza. Really number ranks sorta matter but not entirely." Luke let out a sigh and tried to figure out how to explain.

"Jake's mad he got a title shot before he did. But he got pulled in about 20 days ago. If Bisping loses and Jake wins he could fight Rockhold for the championship. But he may or may not have to fight someone else first. Now if Bisping wins. And Jake wins he would have to beat Bisping for the championship. Again may or may not have someone in between." He knew it was confusing. "Also since there's a title fight...it could be a longer wait until he gets his shot. They only have title fights every 4-6 months."

"Really it just upsets him he's worked his ass off and someone ranked under him has a shot before him." Luke shrugged. "I'd be pissed too. Kind of am. Jake's worked hard for his chance."

"If Bisping wins then Jake would be bumped down cause the current champ would be 2. But no he's already set to fight Souza. Really number ranks sorta matter but not entirely." Luke let out a sigh and tried to figure out how to explain.

"Jake's mad he got a title shot before he did. But he got pulled in about 20 days ago. If Bisping loses and Jake wins he could fight Rockhold for the championship. But he may or may not have to fight someone else first. Now if Bisping wins. And Jake wins he would have to beat Bisping for the championship. Again may or may not have someone in between." He knew it was confusing. "Also since there's a title fight...it could be a longer wait until he gets his shot. They only have title fights every 4-6 months."

"Really it just upsets him he's worked his ass off and someone ranked under him has a shot before him." Luke shrugged. "I'd be pissed too. Kind of am. Jake's worked hard for his chance."

She nodded her slowly finally understanding things a bit clearly now. "So let's just hope Bisping loses and in six months Jake will be fighting for a championship. I don't want hi in the ring with Bisping. So we will all hope that the other guy wins. And Jake and I will be there in person to watch it happen."

She got why Jake was upset and she was upset for him too but she knew he would have his chance soon and that he would be champion. All of his hard work would pay off and there would be ups and down along the way but it would happen for him.

She stood up and told Max to follow her. She threw the trash away and then she walked Max around so he could do his business. Once he was done they went to Jake and Owen and watched Owen swings around. "What do you think? Should we get one for the house?"

Luke nodded and made a face. "It's hard to say though Adri. Bisping has a chance. He's a good fighter. Rockhold is too. I don't know who has this one." He shrugged as he let out a sigh.

Jake in the end didn't care who won. He'd fight anyone in the way and anyone to become champion. It was his dream and no fighter would stand in his way.

He looked at Adri and smiled and pointed to Owen who was nothing but smiles and giggles. "Babe look at him...I think we have to. We could get the swing and attach it to the house somewhere. That way he can be in the shade some. Or we can buy one with a frame. What do you think?" Jake smiled at Owen and kept pushing him. When he would come at Jake, he'd make a face and noises at him. "He also likes his swing we have in the house. This is just bigger and better."

Owen looked over and saw Adri and giggled before letting out a simple grumbled word, "Mum." Jake stopped and looked at Adri shocked, then as he was looking at her Owen said it again and again. Jake smiled and chuckled a bit.

"I guess we do." She tickled Owen when he came back to them and put her arm around Jake's waist. "A porch swing for all of us maybe and then we can get an indoor swing. When he is older we can get one of those big outdoor backyard jungle gyms with swings so he can play whenever he wants."

When he first said it, she thought it was just gibberish but then he continued to say and Owen looked right at her as he said it. She smiled at him and stopped the swing. "Can you say it again?" She asked and picked him up out of the swing in excitement."Huh? Can you say it again for me?"

"Mu-mu-mu-mu-ma."

"I'll take it. Good job Baby Boo!" She tossed him up in the air and kissed his cheeks. "You're such a good baby. You are so smart." She kissed him again. "Who is that?" She asked pointing to Jake. "Who is it?"

"Mum." He repeated a few times and she put him back in the swing. "One parent at a time, I guess but he said his first word! I'm so happy I could cry." She laughed and actually wiped some happy tears out of her eyes.

Jake watched Adri with Owen with a big smile on his face. Their son was definitely smart. "I'm pretty sure he knows who you are Adge." He smiled a bit bigger and kissed her head and wrapped his arm around her for a quick hug.

"Can you say dad? Huh? Can you say dad? Daaad..." Jake got nothing but 'mum' from him. She was right one parent at a time and they'd take the one word.

While Adri wiped her tears he wrapped his arms around Adri from behind. "That's good he knows who you are. He can say it and knows it's you. He struggled a little with me but that's okay. He wasn't saying until you came over." Jake snapped a few pictures of him in his swing. He'd have to document the day since it was the day of his first word. "The guy's going to start talking up a storm. Are we ready for this?" He looked at Adri and kissed her cheek before taking a picture with her. They would get a family photo before they left. Jake started pushing Owen again who kept on saying 'mum' and any form of it he could get out.

"No. I want him to be my little baby forever and ever. There has to be a time machine around somewhere so we can keep him young." She said softly and tickled Owen when he came back to them. Max tried to follow Owen but gave up and sat by them.

"I really thought his first words would be Max." She laughed. She sighed and rubbed Jake's hand with one hand and pushed Owen so he could gain the moment again, "I'm glad I was here for that and I didn't watch that over a computer screen. Now I just have to see his first steps and everything will be complete." She looked up at Jake and gave him an upside down kiss.

"If it makes you feel any better our next kid will probably say Daddy first." She giggled and kissed him again. "And I will have a hell of a time trying to get him or her to say mommy."

"I wish he could stay little too. But if he's like his papa he's gonna grow like a weed." He smiled proudly. His son was definitely smart.

Jake laughed. "I agree. I would have bet money on it. But that should make you feel good baby. He said your name before Max. But you know Max with be next. Then daddy." He smiled and held her close. "You'll see him crawl and walk and run." He kissed her back and looked at her lovingly.

"I sure hope so. Never know though. You should call your mom. She will be happy. Or we can stop on the way home." He kissed her back again.

"Baby...thanks for bein so great with going home..." It really meant a lot to have that support. He would need it.

"And he'll be eating everything in the house soon. God, it's going to be even worst when he is going through puberty and if he is anything like you with the working out all the time he will need to eat. I have my hands my full." She sighed but she would be able to cook big meals all the time so it would be worth it.

"Let's FaceTime her." She lulled her phone out of her back pocket and called her mom so they could FaceTime. After saying their hellos Adri switched the camera around so her mother could see Owen, then she told her to listen and she was so excited to hear her grandsons first words. She couldn't wait to hear them in person but she had to go because she was ready to get rung up at the store.

"That is what I am supposed to do. I'm supposed to support you no matter what. And I will. It'll be hard but I think it will be good for you to out an end to that chapter and move on. Don't stress out over it too much. You have been dealt a lot of unfair hands in life but you are making yourself a better person. You have a ton of fans who love and support you. And you have family that will help you through everything. You will be champion one day and you will be the best one that ever lived." She told him and kissed his cheek.

"He probably will eat a lot like me. He is a boy. He will be a growing boy to add to it. So it will be even worse babe." He grinned at her. At least they could afford a big appetite.

"Good idea babe." Jake smiled proudly when Owen said his word on cue for her mother. He knew she'd be happy and couldn't wait to hear it in person sometime soon. He didn't understand why her mother thought it was cute and was excited, his mother probably wouldn't even answer so he didn't even bring it up. It was sat his mother hadn't even seen him yet and he's talking already.

Jake couldn't help but smile. She was amazing and so supportive. It was hard to think about how their visit to Colorado. He didn't know how it would go and frankly thinking about it made him a bit sick. There wasn't a lot of things he was afraid but that guy could still make his skin crawl. Jake gave Owen a few pushes. "I'm really nervous about going home. I don't want him to use you against me and me have that in my head. I don't need him getting into my head. And he will. I have a fight. I need to focus on the fight." He let out a sigh. But if he was champion material, nothing will stand in his way. No one or nothing.

He let out a sigh. "I'm excited to go to LA and just relax a bit and have fun. We can go out after the fights. It will be cool."

Adri smiled, "I'm excited too Boo. You and me in my other city. I'm sure we will find somewhere cool to go. My agent is working on getting us in that Lipsynching show so hopefully we will be able to do that while we are out there. It's only a few days though, so if you are too tired we don't have too."

She bent over and scratched behind Max's ear, "Do you want to go out after 199? I know you can't party too much but we go and support who ever wins, if I like whoever wins." She rolled her eyes and put her arm around his waist.

"Is there anything we need to do before we leave? I have my carry on packed but do you need to pick anything up?"

"I think I'll be able to handle kicking your butt at the Lipsynching show." He grinned at her.

"Yeah at least to hang out a bit. I'm excited about a few of the other weight classes too." There were a few other fighters he has met and become friends with along the way that he was excited to show his support for. "I don't want to support my weight class. That's kind of wrong." He wrapped his arm around her waist.

Jake thought about it and wondered if he was missing anything. "I'm packed and don't think I need anything. We can maybe grab a small dinner at the airport? Or do you want to get dinner there?" He couldn't help but kind of feel bad or leaving Owen but he needed some time to relax with Adri. "We probably should head back with everyone else. That way we can visit before we have to go." He wasn't worried about them seeing Owen because Amy was watching him while they were gone in LA.

Adri laughed and shook her head, "You can believe that if you want but once you hear my songs you are going to know that you lost this one. Do you want a hint on what you are competing with?" She wondered if she should tell him or not. "No I can't tell you. That would make it too easy for you. Just know it's going to be a good show." She winked at him.

"I wouldn't dream of rooting for anyone else in your root class. You are my number one." She kissed his cheek. "Even though you will be number two when it's time for us to battle each other."

She shrugged her shoulder, "Doesn't matter to me. We can grab dinner at the airport. The only pictures we have to deal with then are the people walking around. At least their flash isn't as bright as the pappo flash. And with you fighting in 200 I imagine people are going to want your autograph."

Jake smiled but rolled his eyes. "I have a plan or two up my sleeve. One song I thought of doing no one has done. Ad if I do it. No doubt I'd win. But not sure if they'd let me. So you may want to bring your "A" game. I have a feeling I'd do better than you think. " He gave her a kiss.

"I better be your number one in everything." He gave her but a playful pat. "Keep trash talking...it would be funny to record our own trash talking like UFC interviews." He chuckled.

"We can grab food at the airport. And baby, you are a famous model they may want your autograph too."

He turned to Owen who still had a smile on his face but looked tired. "Come on big guy. Lets go see grandpa and Amy and Luke." He stopped the swing and gave Owen a bunch of kisses. "Daddy's gonna miss his big guys." One he picked up Owen he rubbed Max's head. He'd miss him too. They walked back over to the family. "It's nice to go to fights and just sit back. Expect trash talking still." He held Adri's hand.

He gave her an idea just then and she laughed. "Don't worry Jake. I will still hold you at night and you will learn to live with being number two to me."

She looked at Owen and watched him put his head on Jake's chest. Everything the little guy did was adorable and made her heart flutter. "Someone is going to be asleep by the time we get home."

She laughed, "I wouldn't expect anything less from a UFC fight." She told Jake and dug through her purse for the car keys. "I am going to go put this up so we have more space to stretch out. I will be right back." She said taking the now empty picnic bag to the car. She was gone for around ten minutes and then came back.

While she was gone she found a song in her playlist and let it play of the car speakers. She recorded herself on Instagram lipsynching to the first thirty seconds of Rihanna's Bitch Better Have My Money and captioned it, 'A taste of what you will get this weekend. #TrashTalkingTheDrifter #BattleMeBro' By the time she got back to Jake and the group, the video was up and generating a lot of buzz. She sat next to Jake and smiled at him wondering if he saw it already.

"Number two to one thing maybe. And that's a big maybe." He gave her a goofy smile.

Jake held Owen and rubbed his back. "If he makes it out of the parking lot." He kissed his head and let him snuggle him a bit before handing him to John to see and cuddle a bit before left.

"If you need help yell for me."

His phone vibrated and saw a tag from Adri. He watched it and shook his head. She didn't merit a response for now. She'd get a video response later when she least expected it. He just shook his head and put his phone back and acted like nothing had happened. He needed to find a good song to get her back with.

When she sat down he smiled at her and wrapped his arms around her. Max looked tired. "I think we wore out our boys."

"I think that's a great thing." She said and rubbed Max's head.

She put her head on Jake's shoulder and moved her hand from Max's head to Jake's thigh. "Being in the sun has kind of wore me out too. We could go home and take a family nap or you can go get a good hard workout in before we leave tomorrow. It's up to you." She told him.

She sat up straight and looked at his family, "I'm glad you guys come out with us today. It's nice to get together like this."

Jake thought it over. A nap or work out. He probably should workout but family time sounded so much better. Especially since Adri and Jake were leaving for a few days. The chance to work out would come up in LA. Mayve not as hard but that would be okay.

"A nap with my loves sounds great." He smiled and kissed Adri. He smiled and looked into her eyes a moment before kissing her again.

Everyone was happy to get together and agreed it was good. "Thank you guys for all you do. You all make our lives easier but we also enjoy just spending family time." For the most part both their families were good together. They were fairly lucky. Jake's mother was that exception. They visited a little longer before Jake turned to Adri. "Q...you ready?"

Adri nodded her head to being ready and stood up. She locked Max on his leash and they walked out to the car after saying goodbye. They got home but Owen was asleep by the time they got to the car. She helped Max into the SUV and then she got in the passenger seat. When they got home she took Owen out and let Jake handle Max since he drove home, he got the easier job.

She took Owen out of the carseat and carried him up to the room. He moved around a bit but he stayed asleep for the most part. She set him on the middle of the bed and took her clothes off before slipping on her robe and getting into bed. She took Owen's clothes off, leaving him in his diaper and then left him alone to go back into his deep sleep.

"I think you got a couple shades darker Boo." She said softly. "You're getting tan boy. You are going to be my tall, slightly dark, and handsome Boo soon." She smiled at him and gave him a kiss before laying back down and trying to nap herself.

Jake got inside and let Max off his leash. He gave him comd fresh water and Max drank it up the headed up to find Adri and Owen. Jake unloaded the car and then grabbed his phone. It was time to fire back.

He turned on the the radio and found No Diggity was coming on. And he just grinned turning on his phone to record himself. He posted it on Instagram with the caption, "#ChallengeAccepted #TheDrifterIsUndefeated."

Jake headed up to their room and found his loves all snuggled in bed. "Room for papa?" He asked quietly as he started to get undressed. Once in his underwear he climbed in and snuggled up to Adri and rubbed Owen's back. Life was perfect. At least for that moment.

Back
Top Bottom