Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

The wedding, their future, it was all the same. She didn't want it ruined. She got through Owen because he was created before they got together.

"I care about our future. I don't want to know something that will ruin the image I have of you. But I think that's exactly what you are about to do because that look on your face says it all." She rubbed her lips together. She shrugged her shoulder, "Just get it over with." She said softly. "Tell me."

She leaned back in the couch and looked at the ceiling.

He looked down and shook his head. "I'm only being honest with you." He didn't do anything wrong but it didn't mean that it still wouldn't hurt Adri. It pissed Jake off when Andre' kissed her. He still wanted to punch his lights out.

"Will you look at me. Please?" Jake got up and moved over to the love seat next to her. He grabbed her hand. "When I got done with my workout, Layla was here spending time with Owen. She tried calling and texting but I was working out and didn't get them. So I guess she just showed up." He looked into her eyes so she knew he was telling her the truth. But there was always a possibility that she'd think he was lying. "I showered and once I was done, Amy and Luke left. Layla put Owen asleep and wanted to see his room. So I took her up to see his room. She claims it was to see how we decorated so she knew what to do with his room at her place." Now he wondered if she had some other hidden agenda with that. "She said she should go so I walked her to the door." His thumb caressed her hand. "And before she walked out she turned and kissed me." He watched her face for her reaction.

Jake kept looking into her eyes. "I didn't kiss her back, instead I step away and told her that she couldn't be doing that and that I'm engaged to you and I wouldn't do anything to fuck that up. And I wouldn't." That was why, her automatically thinking he was guilty of something, hurt a bit. The reason he looked the way he did was because regardless of what his part in it was, he knew she'd be upset and angry as she had right to. "She's also been trying to get into my head..."

She looked at him but it was blank. Her emotions were hidden behind a wall. He wasn't going to see her cry if he slept with her or did whatever with her. She would just get up and walk away. If he was upset about last night then she would just get up and walk away. She could buy a ticket to LA and walk away.

She didn't want to hear the story, she just wanted to know what happened. He was touching her but she wasn't touching him back. He had her upstairs in her house. He took her upstairs without even thinking about it. Owen had a rocker for ap time. He didn't go in his crib until bed time.

If a line had been drawn in the sand the first time she came, this never would have happened. She felt hurt on the inside but at least he didn't kiss her back, or so he claimed. This was why it was hard being with a guy like him, with a kid. There was this allure about him to Layla. The money and the fame. She would always want a piece of him. Adri would now always have to wonder if Layla was in her home. if Layla was walking Owen to bed. If Layla was getting all cuddled up to her fiance'. He made one decision when he was drunk and got her pregnant. She knew his weakness; she could easily make it happen again.

Adri blinked and stood up, "I bought our wedding shoes today. I got you oxfords. Black, simple. I need you to try them on. There should be a shoe horn in the box to help you slip them on. And be careful on the carpet or you'll slip." She walked into the kitchen and looked through the food to see what she wanted to make for dinner.

Jake just sat there a minute and didn't know what would be worse. Her screaming at him or her just not say anything at all about it. He let out a sigh and got up. He didn't know if he should be upset she thought he couldn't buy his own shoes or if it was just something nice she did for him for their wedding.

"Alright. I'll try them on." He walked into the kitchen. "Are you going to say anything about it?" He asked softly. It wasn't entirely his fault but he could tell she was upset with him.

Truth was he was still hurt about the night before but to him there was no use bringing it up cause she didn't understand. Which just made him feel more stupid.

"It was just a kiss right? What's there to talk about?" She asked and pulled out some chicken and broccilli. She walked to the season pantry and grabbed some Asian style spices.

"Will you please just tell me if the shoes fit or not? I cannot talk about this right now." Because if she did, she wouldn't be nice and she wouldn't be in control of her tongue and she didn't want to say something that would hurt him or Owen.

She sighed and ran her tongue over her teeth. She didn't want Layla around but how could she say that to Jake and make him take Owen away from his mother? How Owen react when he was older and found out Adri kept his mother from knowing him? This was why they said it took a strong person to be with another person who had a kid. And it was times like this that made her wonder if she was strong enough.

How many times could she come home to this conversation before she walked away. Did she follow the three strikes rule or did she just stay until she broke?

He gave her a nod to it being just a kiss. "Well I asked where they were..." He said softly before assuming they were upstairs.

He went up to try them on. He found them and put dress socks on and tried them on. They perfectly. He took them off and put them back in the box and took his socks off and put them back in the drawer.

Jake checked on Owen then went back downstairs. "They fit perfectly. "Thank you baby."

He stood there not sure what to say or do. Jake already figured out that she would not be alone with him. She can come by when Amy was there. And she would not do it again or he'd be an ass. No more visitations at their house they'd go through court and have them at a third party location. It wasn't ideal for Owen but if Layla kept crossing boundaries then he would have to pull out that weapon.

Jake had no idea if she was after him for his money or because he was a good guy. "If I end up being an ass I have a feeling she will fight for visitations and child support. I think what's stopping her is not having money. I was an asshole for trying to protect myself when we first found out...she's starting to be just like I thought...and it's not me that's being effected but my family. That's what pisses me off." He didnt want someone hurting Adri or Owen.

"Good. I hoped they would. I was going to have the bottoms painted baby blue. Something new, something borrowed, Something old, and something blue. That will be our blue." She said softly.

"You know what, I have kind of decided that I don't want to hear it." She said as she seasoned the chicken. "I tried to be nice and let her around and let her know she had my approval to come around. Now she doesn't and I don't give a damn about what she does. So I don't want to hear it. I don't want to be here when she is around. I don't want to see her. I'm going to pretend that she doesn't exist. It's bad enough that I see her everytime I look at Owen. I don't waste my breath on her anymore."

She grabbed a pan and set it on the stove and let it heat up with the oven. She cut up some vegetables and started to cook. "How was your workout?" She asked.

"Painted blue on mine or yours?" He leaned against the counter. "I like when people write stuff on the bottom. Like mine says 'King' yours says 'Queen.' We can do it in blue."

He felt she had every right to be upset. "I understand. I'm going to call her again and remind her of rules." It was like a huge slap in the to her. She had been nice and allowed her to come by and kept her in the loop about things. And then the woman kisses her fiance. It was messed up for sure."

He grabbed a few almonds and watched her cook. Jake loved watching her cook. "It was good. Luke kicked my ass again. Which is good." He smiled a little. "I'm ready for this fight to get here so I just kick his ass and be done with it. I think then I need a couple months off where I can get stuff together. It's been once huge cluster fuck. I need to stop thinking about Eddie and my mom and just focus on us and the wedding. Or work. Dana texted me the youtube guys should be here first of next week." He hopped on the counter. "I'm kind of excited for it. But a little worried to give out my entire workout secrets." He smiled a little. "When do you want me to teach you to fight?"

"Both. They won't be matching since mine are technically silver but matching bottoms would be nice. When I find Owen some shoes, maybe I can get his painted too." She did like the idea of having king and queen written on the bottom. "If I get the bottoms painted blue, we can get King and Queen written in white or silver. We can take pictures with our shoes kicked up. That's a good idea Jake." She told him.

She nodded her head to him talking about his training session. "You always get a couple months off." She laughed. "The least is like two months before the next fight." She frowned, "You're still thinking about Eddie? The guy is dying about to get kicked out of the hospital. You won that fight the second you stopped paying his medical bills. Now he can die in agony like he deserves."

She looked at Jake, "I doubt Luke would let that happen. You'll probably just run drills until your arms feel like they are going to pop off. Or until Owen feelings like a 100 pound weight." She shrugged her shoulder to learning how to fight. "I don't have to work until the week after your fight so if we are going to do something that may leave bruises then we should do it now."

Jake smiled proudly. "I had a good wedding idea. All those people that think I'm a dumb jock can suck it!" He ate a few more almonds. "We can put 'prince' on Owen's."

"I know I get that break. I'm just looking forward to it I guess." He thought about what she was saying. "Babe it's not that easy to just not think about him...that man did a lot of awful things to me and to my sister. I think even after he dies, I'll still think back about stuff he did. I mean I literally have scars on my body from him. I have emotional and psychological scars Adge..." He spoke like he was just talking to her. Not with an upset tone. More explaining. "I'm trying hard to put it all behind me. I really am..."

She was right. Luke wouldn't give out all his secrets. "You're right. Probably just regular workout drills. Great so he's going to work me until I can't move. I may need you to come pick me up off the mats." He smiled. Jake raised his eyebrow at Adri. "Baby what do you think I'm going to do to you? Punch you? It's more wrestling stuff. We can do it tomorrow if you want?"

She stopped cutting and looked at Jake, "I know Jake. I just thought you'd feel better after seek him and cutting him off. That's all." She wanted him to be better but she knew it was very possible that he would never be better.

She nodded her head, "We can. Luke is coming over in the morning to work out with you. John is going to take Owen out somewhere and we are doing something tomorrow until about four. So after four we can wrestle or fight. Whatever you want to call it." She told him.

She out her vegetables in the pan and stirred it around with the meat. She looked at Jake, "Also, there's a light on in my car. I need you to check it out. When I looked in the manual it said that one of my tires needs air. Do we have an air tank and or will you fill my tire?"

He just nodded and sat there a moment. "I know. I did too. Maybe it was the first step. I feel like I did what I needed to then. I don't regret going. I needed to say what I did. So I think it's a good." He gave her a nod and let out a sigh.

"What are we doing at four? Where is my father taking our son?" He raised an eyebrow. "What's going on?"

"It just came on today?" He hopped off the counter. "I'll have to check the pressure. I should have a gauge in the garage to check it and then I'll put the air in it. Do you know how to do it?" Jake was more than happy to do it for her but if she wanted to learn how to do it, he'd also be more than happy to show her what she needed to do. "It's more than just putting air in it. I mean...it is just putting air in it. But you have to figure out how much so you don't bust the tire. But we do have an air compressor. We can do it after dinner. It won't take long."

"Should I go get the monster up?" He kissed her shoulder. "Dinner smells amazing love."

"We are doing things tomorrow. Don't worry about it. Just know that we are doing things. I believe he is taking him to my parents house, which may be fun. Happy?"

She made a face, "That's a lot of work. I know how to put air in it but I don't know how much with this car. It's my first time having to do it with this car." She looked at Jake, "Can I google how much it needs? Scratch that I don't know what kind of tires are on it. Will you please just fill it up before tomorrow? It's important. I don't want to drive your car. You sit weird when I drive your car. I don't like it."

She nodded her, "When did you put him down?" She counted the time in her head and nodded her head, "Yeah, you can wake him up now. And change him. I'm sure he has a wet diaper."

"How do I need to dress?" He asked and kissed her cheek. "Why is my dad taking him to your parents?" He looked at her confused. "What's going on?"

"Baby it's not a lot of work. It takes less than five minutes. You don't have to google it baby it's on a a sticker on your door. You just look on your door. I'll do it though." He rolled his eyes playfully. "Well sorry I sit differently than you do. I can't slouch when I drive or lean back. I have to sit up. It helps my back." He shrugged.

Jake thought about it. "3ish..." He nodded to everything he needed to do. "I may just call Layla quick to get it over and then get him. Let him sleep a few more minutes."

He went to the living room, so Adri was within earshot. He didn't want to go outside where she wondered what was said. Now she knew. After pulling out his phone, he hit her name under the contacts and put his phone to his ear. "Hey...it's me. Look, I'm just going to say it and be done with it. What you did today was out of line and will not happen again. We've been nice letting you come see Owen and also keeping you updated on him. And then you pull this bull shit? That's the biggest slap in the face to me and to Adri. Adri, who has been more than amazing to Owen and also to you when she has no reason to be nice to you. And now don't be surprised if she's not. What you did was unacceptable." He sat down.

"You will only be here if someone else is here. If Amy leaves, you leave. Or we can do this through the courts. I'm done being nice. You just fucked yourself over. We don't have to give you visitations right now. So don't abuse what we're doing."

"Casually. And because my parents haven't seen Owen and they want to see their grandson and will you stop with the questions?"

She rolled her eyes, "You tense every time I step on the brake. You quadruple check before I change lanes. You love that car more than you love me. I'm sure of it. I'm not driving it tomorrow."

She partially listened and most ply ignored his phone call to Layla. She meant it when she said she was done with the woman. She didn't care about her.

"I'd say it's a bigger slap to your face. Since when do you do what anyone tells you to do?" Layla asked and sighed. "Whatever. I thought you were someone different than what you obviously are. And remember the court likes to award mothers with children. Especially when your dad is a cop and you know your way around the judicial system. Your past only helps me. So you can try to take Owen but the odds aren't in your favor. You can keep Owen and I will visit whenever I want. Or I can keep Owen and you won't ever see him again. Think it over." She hung the phone and smiled to herself.

"I was just wondering if that's what it was or if something else was going on. And I'll ask whatever I want. What you wearing?" He wiggled his eyebrows with a small smile.

Jake rolled his eyes. "That's not true. I'm just being an extra eye. I do not love my car more than you. But it's fine. I'll fix your car up. Just for you." He kissed her shoulder.

He shook his head. "What kind of guy did you think I was. I'm doing what I am deciding to do. You're seriously going to be like this after everything you've done? Seriously? Just remember if this goes to court you are the one who left him. You chose money over your son. I've been here. I've been here through everything. Where were you? Again since when do I do what someone tells me to do. Don't start barking orders to me Layla." He was on fire.

Once he hung up he walked into the kitchen. "She's trying to tell me she will come by and visit whenever she wants or she's taking me to court and I'll never see him again. She's not seeing him. I'm calling Todd." Todd was Jake's lawyer. "This is bullshit. It's fucked up. She's coming into my house and try to kiss me and then say I'm going to do what she wants or she's taking him. No. Not happening. She made it sound like you put me up to this. I did this decision on my own."

Jake started to dial Todd's number and explained what Layla was doing.

"Something casual." She laughed. "I'm not answering anymore questions. How do you like that?" She teased and smiled to herself. "Thank you."

She heard Jake getting more and more upset so it was easy to tell that things weren't going his way. She looked at Jake when he came into the kitchen and listened to him but ultimately it was his choice what he wanted to do with her. As much as she loved Jake and Owen, she didn't care what he did to Layla.

Todd listened to Jake's dilemma, "Alright, well she has done anything to warrant a restraining order. Until she shows signs of mental illness you cannot keep Owen away from her. She is his mother. There was her a written agreement that said you would keep Owen so she does have rights. I'll start writing up a contract for visiting hours and regulations, if she signs it your set. If she doesn't then we can discuss taking it to a judge. And if it does get that far then we will decide where we want to go from there."

"Thanks Todd. I'm not trying to keep her from him. Or vice versa. But I don't want her alone with him until we have something set. I don't trust her. I'm worried she'd take off with him. I'm just trying to protect him here. She's not walking into my house making demands. It's not happening." He thanked him again and hung up.

"Do you still have the text from her saying that I'm a good parent when we were in Denver? Please tell me you do. And don't delete it. Who knows...we may need it." He put his phone on the counter shaking his head.

Jake looked at Adri. "I'm supposed to clear my head and not stress and then she has to start shit. I'm hoping she's bluffing. She said before she couldn't afford a lawyer." He let out another sigh before going and getting Owen. He took some alone time with him before bringing him downstairs. It was only a few minutes but he just needed a minute with his son to calm down.

Once downstairs Owen saw Adri and called for her. "Well that lasted two minutes." Jake sighed.

Adri shrugged her shoulder, "I honestly don't know. Probably. I'll screen shot it if I have it. My phone was doing something weird yesterday and then it reset itself. It seems normal but I'm not sure." She explained and shrugged her shoulder. If she had it she would send it to him.

"When you get in the ring, you can punch out all of your feelings on Diaz. If someone is in your head, like she is, then you take that and turn it into a positive. You punch the hell out of Diaz and you go wake up Owen so he can sleep all night. Thank you." She said as he walked up stairs.

She finished by the time he brought Owen down and she was getting Owen's dinner ready. She smiled and kissed his forehead. "You can set him in the high chair and pull it over to the table. His dinner is almost done. Your is on that plate."

Jake wanted to snap but didn't because he knew it wasn't her fault. But that text message could save him from losing Owen. "I called this shit when fucking Eddie ran his mouth. I knew it. I knew she'd dig up all this shit..." He shook his head.

"I'm fighting Souza. I already fought Diaz. So if I punch Diaz, especially the hell out of him, he may not understand why." He knew it was hard for her to remember who he was fighting.

Jake put Owen in his seat and buckled him in. He started hitting the tray with the palm of his hand. "I know you're hungry. Mommy is getting it." Jake waited until Owen's food was ready so he wasn't eating before his son could. He pulled the high chair over to Jake so Jake could feed Owen. Adri cooked so he would feed Owen for her.

"I want to sit in the hot tub tonight. Join me? Preferably naked?" They could do that now that Amy was staying with Luke.

"Right." She said softly and shook her head. Souza, she had to remember that. "But you got what I was saying." She said softly. He fought a new person every five months. It felt impossible to keep track most days.

Adri came to the table with her food and Owen's food. She puts some fruit on his tray and then handed the jar and spoon to Jake. She smiled at Owen and rubbed his cheek.

"Bad news, the hot tub was drained because of some sort of chemical imbalance. The pool guy had to clean it out. So tomorrow we can get in the hot tub. Tonight you're going to have to settle for the pool or the tub in our bathroom." She told him.

"And let's not forget that we are putting Owen to bed with just a bottle. I don't know how easy that will be."

He did get what she meant so it was alright.

Owen said her name when she touched him. Then she really was his best friend when she put food on his tray. Jake gave him a bite of food.

"Perfect..." He sighed. "It's fine. I'm just going to go to bed early. I'm fucking over today." He gave Owen a few more bites before getting a couple of his own.

"Do we have to do that today?" He looked at her. "Can we start that tomorrow?" He took a few bites and sighed. "Did you just shop today or did you have other stuff for work?"

"Let's not say the f word in front of the baby who is learning words. Huh?" Mama was his favorite word now. If he learned a new one then his favorite words would be interchangeable.

"It's not hard. We develop a bed time routine and put him in the bed. He knows the bottle means bedtime. It should be easy." She said softly.

"I did a little shopping and I got my nails done. I got my hair done. Just a little me time." She said softly. "It was peaceful."

Jake was getting annoyed. She was telling him what to do with his son and normally he wouldn't think of it that way but the way his day was going it was really hard to not just snap and say that. It took him a few minutes to respond. "Sorry."

"It has nothing to do with it being hard or not. I've had just a little bit of a crappy day...sorry I was wanting to push it back but it's fine."

He was glad someone had a nice peaceful day cause he sure as hell didn't. He actually had a pretty stressful one where Owen's mother was thinking about taking him from Jake. But apparently according to his fiance he was just a big baby that needed her to reassure things to him all the time. He stayed quiet and fed Owen. Once he was done eating Jake cleaned Owen then wiped off his tray. Jake didn't eat much.

He left Owen in his high chair as he went out to the garage to put air in Adri's tire. After checking the pressure and what she needed in the tire, he filled it up and then went inside and grabbed Owen from his chair and sat on the floor with him to play with him.

"Taking Owen through a bed time routine will help you both. If you can both be stress free and calm environment before bed, it will help you both. Tonight is a good night to start. Turn the lights down low, speak to him softly. I'll leave you two alone and you can figure the rest out on your own. Just make sure, he is in the crib and feeding himself to go to bed. You love putting him to sleep. I'm telling you you need this."

The rest of dinner was quiet, except for Owen who was making mm sounds every time he got a bite of food and the occasional hitting of the tray when he wanted more food.

When Jake took Owen away, she sat at the table and crossed her legs. She didn't even know if she wanted to do her thing with him tomorrow. Especially if he was going to be in an attitude. She sighed and went upstairs to take a shower.

Back
Top Bottom