Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

"Fine. I'll sign them too. It's for Owen. I also want guidelines that if something were to happen to me, she still gets to see him. I feel it's only fair." He'd do and allow the same when she got married. But Adri had one up on whoever Layla married. Adri had been there since bringing him home.

Jake sighed. "Layla stop. I'm not talking about a guy. I'm talking about your parents. That's why I explained just not introducing him to my mother. They paid for your school if you didn't keep him around...That's all I mean...I'm not threatening your future fiance. But kind of your parents. And you can threaten my mother all you want. She needs it..." His mother was a mess and he was very protective of Owen around her. "My own mother isn't allowed alone with him. All I ask is you be considerate about things."

He rubbed his hand over his forehead and then ran his hand through his hair. Jake held his hand out for Adri. He wrapped his arms around her after pulling her into his lap. Owen saw Adri and kept calling for her and reaching for her.

"Layla, you have to understand something. I've had him every day since he was born. Except for a few times I've been out of town. This is new for us. For him, for me, for Adri, for Max, for you." He let out a sigh. "I'm just trying to have it go through the lawyers so it's something more structured. I just don't think it's right for anyone to just call or show up whenever you want for him. We need a schedule. Especially with our lives. If we can come up with something structured we don't have to go through them." Jake was speaking calmly. He did mean well with it on both sides. "I don't want to get his life all out of wack right away. I want to ease him into this change. We have to think about him here is all."

Jake wrapped his arms around Adri and gave her a little squeeze. He was scared to death of this woman taking his son and never coming back. Adri being there helped but he still was freaking out inside. It wasn't something he'd bring up to Layla though."

"What do you think I'm going to do? I'm not going to let them meet him until they are ready and open to meeting him. On top of that, my parents are religious nuts. They aren't abusive in any way. They are religiously insane. That's their only crime. I don't know what went on in your childhood but I can assure you, my childhood was not the same."

Adri rubbed Jake's cheek and kissed his temple to keep him calm. She smiled at Owen and let Layla hold him. It made her feel good to know that Owen wanted her more than his birth mother.

"We can create a structure on our own. We don't need to bring a lawyer into this until we have no other option. We can think about him best by sitting at the table and talking out a schedule. I'm not asking to keep him forever. I'm asking to take him home a few days a week. He doesn't even have to stay the night. I just want to spend time with him. I chose my parents to get through school. I gave them what they wanted and now that I'm choosing Owen over a clean slate with a degree they are kicking me out. And I can't go back to them after this. I am trying to have a relationship with my son no matter how small it is." She told him. She didn't have a lawyer to call and read over what he wanted. She was just starting out. She was broke and on her own and the only stability she wanted was her son.

Adri looked down and looked at Jake, "We aren't trying to steal him away. We aren't trying to keep him from you. If you don't want lawyers then we will sit and talk out a schedule. It would be nice for him to be with you while we are gone. So we can travel with Richard and Amy and Luke and my parents and not have to worry about Owen. E want to make you comfortable through this so no lawyers at first. If it comes to a point then we will call in lawyers though. Sound good?" She asked them and looked at Jake.

"Layla..." He sighed because she was getting so defensive and he was maybe coming across wrong. "Religious nuts can be emotionally abusive and manipulative. I'm not saying they are I'm just asking you think of him and be smart about it. You said you would. And I trust that."

Owen kept calling for Adri and started to fuss more and squirm to get away from Layla.

"I just want what's best for him. He is my life besides Adri. Her and I both live and breathe for that kid. We just want what's best for him. We're not keeping him from you. I just need to think about him and the change that is going to happen with him. We need to be slow and considerate of his feelings. Maybe we can start for a couple hours and work up. Like Adri said it could be nice to have you watch him when we have to travel. But I don't think it's smart to throw any of us into that situation at first is all I'm saying. We need to work up to it." He was trying to be nice and considerate and it seemed no matter how he said it, it always came out wrong with Layla.

Jake looked at Adri, "I just said all of that..." He said softly. Jake grabbed Owen's bink and gave it to him. He liked it for about all of ten seconds then just wanted Adri.

"My parents aren't like that. They are just disappointed and upset. They will come around eventually and when they do I want them to meet Owen and see what they missed out and see what my choice made me miss out on." She fought to keep Owen's attention and keep him happy.

"That's all I want. I just want time with my kid and if that means starting with intervals until he is comfortable then that is what I will do."

Adri smiled at Jake, "You did. And I'm proud of you for doing it." She kissed his temple.

"Will you take him please? He obviously doesn't want me anymore." Layla held Owen out for Adri to take. Adri picked him up and walked him around. She took him to the kitchen to check on the soup.

"I said that I'm not saying they are. I just want you to be careful with him is all. You say you will be so again I trust that you will. But as his father, I had to say it." He let out a breath. "I'm not trying to fight with you here Layla. I'm just thinking about our son."

He was glad she was agreeing to letting them do things slowly to ease Owen into it.

His eyes closed a moment when Adri kissed his temple. Her standing by him was nice during this whole thing. He probably would have just fought with Layla.

"He's still getting to know you Layla. It's the first time you've held him since he's come home. Don't take it personal." Owen snuggled up to Adri and held onto her arm.

"When do you want to start seeing him?" He ran his hand through his hair. "Amy has been watching him, I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you came around sometime while she had him even, while Adri and I are working." He looked out at the kitchen and saw Adri holding Owen and she was so damn sexy and attractive but holding him and being so nurturing and loving to him just increased how sexy she was. He couldn't help but notice that in that moment.

"It's hard not too, Jake. I realize it's my fault he doesn't know who I am. It's my fault he calls her mama and not me. It still hurts."

"I would like to start now. Build a relationship with him in an environment he is familiar with and then when he is comfortable with me. Maybe I can take him home for a couple hours and then bring him back." She nodded her head to coming when Adri wasn't around. That might make it easier if his 'mama' wasn't around. Then she could have him call her mama.

Adri came back in to the living room and sat next to Jake but in the middle so Laula could still try and play with Owen. "He likes it if you pretend to eat his hand or foot." Adri told her. She didn't want to share but she would for Owens sake.

"I know...but I was just explaining..." It would be hard for him too if it was the other way around. When she would find a man to marry it would be hard if Owen called him dad.

"Okay. We will look at our schedules and see what works." He gave her a small smile, trying to be polite.

When Adri sat down Jake's smile grew. That was his boy. "Or if you blow raspberries on him." Jake blew one on the back of his neck and he tried to hide his neck and giggled. Jake just laughed and put his hand on Adri's leg. The three of them were at an understanding to do what was best for Owen, that was all he could ask for. He let Layla try to play with him and looked at Adri.

When Owen's nap time came around, he got really fussy because he was sleepy. Adri got off the couch and put him in his nap time hold and rocked him back and forth until he fell asleep. When he was done, she put him in a rocker and turned it on so he could sleep in it.

"How long will he be down?" Layla asked.

"An hour and a half maybe. Probably longer since he was sick." Adri shrugged her shoulder. "I'll wake him up about an hour before dinner and then keep him up until bed time. You're welcome to stay for dinner, if you want."

Layla shook her head. "I think Owen has had enough for today." She stood up and walked over to him. She kissed his forehead and looked at Adri and then Jake. "Thank you for letting me come over."

Adri smiled and went to the kitchen and let Jake walk Layla out.

"I didn't think it would be this hard watching my son get raised by another woman. You three are all over the tabloids. That instagram singing thing you did was pretty cute. I just feel like it should be us sometimes." She shrugged her shoulder. "As long as Owen is happy though. I don't wan thim thinking he grew up in a broken home."

"He is like me when he wants his sleep and food. Don't get in the way of those." Jake chuckled a bit. "I'm not sure who gets angrier. Him or me." He smiled trying to joke and keep things happy.

It was hard on Adri having Layla there but she was being amazing and trying. "You're more than welcome to stay." He respected her saying Owen had enough. He was just sick so she was being considerate of that. "Of course."

Jake got up to walk her out. He stopped at the door when she talked about the tabloids and instagram. He smiled at their song. "It was Adri's idea." He then let out a sigh. "What exactly are you saying?" He asked softly. "We've tried really hard to give him a loving home and structure. He has routines and schedules." He wasn't sure if Layla was saying she just wanted to be apart of Owen's life or a part of Jake's.

"He doesn't have his birth parents raising. In some weird way I'm old fashioned. I don't want him thinking this is okay. Biologically we are his parents. When he grows up. He should know that this isn't right. It isn't smart. Kids come after marriage. And if kids happen to come the other way around then you try your best to make it work with that person before you make any other choices." She shrugged her shoulder.

"I've seen Adri everywhere. Fashion week, magazine ads and covers. She's busy and she's going to continue to get busy because I know how that world works. You're going to be busy training because I know how your world works. Do you really want a wife who won't always be there when you come home? Do you want Owen to grow up with one parent who is constantly sore and another who is always traveling or work? It wouldn't be like with me. That's all I'm trying to saying." She said softly.

"I already know you don't think that way. But I don't want him thinking having kids out of a serious relationship is okay. Because it's not." She walked out of the house so she was standing right outside of the door.

"I'll send you a text before I come over. I don't know what your schedule is like but if you can tell your sister I might make an appearance, it would be nice so she doesn't call the cops on me."

Jake listens to Layla and crosses his arms. Not because he's annoyed but just being a way he stands sometimes. "I'm going to teach him he shouldn't just sleep around with women. And what happened with us was wrong. But I don't regret having him."

"Adri and I have been making it work. It's not always easy but we make it work because we both want to make it work." He looked away and sighed about her questioning what kind of parents he wanted for Owen. "Then how would it be with you Layla? I would be a fighter regardless..." He asked softly.

He followed her outside and didn't say much else. He didn't really think the way she did but that was okay. "Okay. Sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll give her your number too so you two can discuss times too if I'm training." He looked at her and let out a sigh. "Try not to let things get to you. It will all take time but it will happen." He gave her a small smile before turning to head inside when she leaved.

Jake let out a sigh and walked into the kitchen wrapping his arms around Adri from behind. "Thank you for keeping me calm. Being amazing with Owen. Being nice when I don't really even want you to." He chuckled and gave her shoulder a kiss. "I know that wasn't easy...what are you thinking right now?"

"I don't regret having. I regret not giving us a chance to raise him together." She said softly. "I know you would. You love fighting. You're an amazing fighter. I wouldn't take that away from you. With me, I'd be home supporting you and making sure you don't have to worry about home life when you're preparing for a fight. I'd be here with Owen so you don't have to pay your sister to nanny our kid. It wouldn't be perfect all the time but a career like yours needs a strong wife who stays at home. It just does. Your career is crazy intense and all it takes is one thing at home to throw you off your game. I would work to make sure that never happened." She felt like he was actually giving her a chance to explain herself and was happy about that. "I'm only asking that you think about. It's easier for him to grow up with his real mom and dad than mom and step dad and dad and stepmom."

She nodded her head to his advice, "Yeah. I'll try not to let things get too personal." She said softly. "I was serious though Jake. Think about what I said. Adri is great. She is amazing and Owen loves her. But there is going to come a time where she has to chose work and family. Do you want to make her make that choice? I'd never have to make that choice with you."

She u locked her car and walked over to it, "Good night." She closed her door and drove home.

Adri smiled when she felt Jake's arms around her. "That's my job Boo. I keep you calm." She smiled at him and kissed his cheek. "I'm thinking about how we are going to make this work with Layla. We have to write down his schedule and what diapers, wipes, bath soap, shampoo, and foods that we use and he likes. But just because we tell her everything to keep him happy doesn't mean she will do it." She shrugged her shoulder.

Jake didn't answer Layla about thinking about anything. He loved Adri. That was all he had to think about. But then she brought up Adri making the choice between work and family and what if she chose work. And Layla was right, he shouldn't have to make her decide. He told her good night.

He gave her another kiss on her cheek before moving to sit on the counter. "Yeah. Who know what she will do. But right now at least I think she will listen. Once she has him for awhile and he's more comfortable, she may do what she wants. But right now I think she wants so badly to spend time with him and he like her that she will do whatever she needs to." He shrugged. "Just a thought though."

Jake's head started going to the things Layla was saying. He loved Adri. He loved her more than he could explain, but at the same time having someone home with Owen and supporting him would be nice. But she had a career and still supported him. They were making it work. That's all that mattered. Jake stared off as he thought about it.

"Yeah. That's true. I just don't want him to get sick because of some chemical in what ever she gives him. I don't like that we have no control over what she does. I'm just worried, I guess." She shrugged her shoulder.

"Do you want biscuits with the soup? Or is that too much?" The soup was healthy on its own but the biscuits made it feel more homey. "I also bought saltine crackers. I think you can eat like six of those and be at your calorie limit for crackers. It's up to you."

She sat down next to him, "I can't remember the last time I made a nice healthy meal." She sighed and out her cheek against his shoulder. "I wonder when Dana is going to send the camera crew for the behind the scenes series and don't forget. You have to teach me jui jitsu. You're going down." She teased and kissed his shoulder.

"I know..." Jake worried about that too. He also worried she would never bring him back once she took him home with her.

He was only half listening then it registered what she said. "Um. I may eat a couple. Not much though so don't make it special just for me."

Then she mentioned not cooked a healthy meal. He wished she could more. She traveled more than he did. So he was the one suck cooking all the time when she wasn't home. He got quiet again. For the time Layla was there he forgot about Dana sending the crew for the youtube series. "Oh I don't know. Maybe I'll teach you after you take me on a date." He said then realized how that came out. "I didn't mean it like that I'm sorry." He sighed because Layla was already causing issues.

"Okay." She went to the pantry and grabbed the box. She set a few on the plate for him and a few on the plate for her. She grabbed the bowls and spooned some soup into both of the bowls. She set one down in front of him and the other next to him.

She rubbed her lips together, "We were supposed to do my date to day but I had to cancel because you and Owen got sick. Unless you wanted to do my date sick? I told you I would take you on my date when we got back after my thing with Amy. I cancelled all of my plans to sit in the hospital with you and Owen." He was acting like she wasn't trying. She wanted to take him on her date. Something always came up when the time for her to do it though.

"Right. I'm sure you didn't." That didn't change the fact that he said it.

Jake watched her get the biscuits.

"I know. And I was really grateful for you to be with us at the hospital. I'm sorry. I'm still tired from everything and I am looking forward to the seeing what you have planned. I just get disappointed when it gets canceled. It's just because I'm excited to see what we will be doing is all." He sighed. Why did he always do that? He needed to just keep his mouth shut all the time.

He hopped down and looked at her. "I'm sorry...I really am. She was trying to get into my head and..." He sighed and shook his head. "I'm scared Adge... I don't like this. I don't like any of it and part of me just wants to be a total ass and be like no you can't spend time with him. She's coming in and changing our whole family dynamic and I don't like it. It's not fair to you. Or Owen. But I can't act that way. But..." He looked down and sighed. "What if she takes him from us and doesn't bring him home." He was legit terrified of that possibility.

"No one likes this. But I'm not the one to snap at." She told him. "You think I want to share him? Do you think I want to come home one day and see her with him? I don't. I don't want her here but I can't take that away from him. So I have to deal with it. I have to get over myself. Because like it or not I'm not his birth mother. I never will be. I knew how hard it would be when you brought him home and I stayed. So I will get over it."

It was hitting him just now but it something she lived with everyday since they brought Owen home. One day his real mother would come back and she would lose him. She went from being his only mother to having to share. There was stopping him from loving her more. She carried him, he could love her more.

She looked down and sighed, "That won't happen and if it does then we call the police. You have sole custody right now. She gave him to you to care for when she couldn't. We have no contract written out saying that she can come back and keep him. If she takes him and doesn't bring him back then we call the police and she gets arrested to kidnapping." That would probably be the only thing they could do in that situation.

"I know.. and I'm sorry. I spoke before I thought." He kissef her shoulder and his voice was soft. He really did feel bad about it.

Jake knew it had to be evem harder for her. She was his only mother now she wasn't. "I know and I hate that I can't do a lot to make this hurt less for you. If I could I would. I want to protect both of you." He grabbed her and gave her a hug. "What can I do to make it easier?"

"And what if they can't find her? That happens..." The thought made him sick again.

Jake knew this would not go well but Adriana is his fiance, she had a right to know. "She made a comment about Owen learning this isn't right and that he should have both his parents living together..."

"Nothing." She said softly. Not because she didn't want his help but there was really nothing he could do for her. The only thing he could was go back in time and not have sexual with Layla but that was impossible and Adri couldn't imagine a life with out Owen.

"Jake stop. It's not going to happen. Okay? If she is smart and knows what's best for her son, she won't steal him away from you. She's not that stupid. You're getting worked up over nothing. We won't let her take him until we know we can trust her anyways."

She looked at her bowl and pushed it away. She sighed and looked at Jake. "She can think that all she wants. What do you think? Should he love with both of his parents?"

He figured that would be her answer but he had to ask. He wanted her to know he was there for her and felt bad he put her through all this.

Jake looked down and nodded to her telling him he was getting worked up and they would wait until they trusted her. He needed her to keep him calm. She brought him back to reality.

"I told her that I agreed that he should learn such behavior is not okay. But I don't regret him. And I told her I love you so he can't grow up with both parents being together. A lot of kids don't. We have given him a safe koving home. That's what matters most. I'm not going to so it just cause she thinks she now knows whats best for him. She attacked our careers and we've making it work with our schedules. He's a happy baby. He's loved and taken care of that's what matters most. He already has a mother who loves him more anything. He's lucky to have two mothers who love him."

"I want you to remember what you just said the next time she brings up living with both biological parents. He does not need both biological parents. Especially if they are just going to butt heads all the time. Now that is an unhealthy relationship for him to be exposed too."

She hoped it wouldn't have to come down to her and Layla having a chat but if she continued to fuck with her family then that is exactly what would happen.

"I don't want to have to worry about her when I am gone. If she is going to be around while I am away fro Owen then that is okay. You need to draw a line in the sand. If she steps over it, I don't want her in my house with you. That's not okay. Just because she finally has her life together doesn't mean she can come and steal mine."

Jake watched her and it was funny cause she got the same way he did when she was jealous. It was extremely hot. "I will remember that. I told her that and I'll stick with it. I feel the same way. Her and I won't get along. I know that."

Jake knew this was a possibility of her coming back and trying this crap. It won't fly with him. He was in love with Adri and he made that clear.

"Hey..." Jake wrapped his arms around her and looked at her in her eyes. "You don't have to worry about her stealing anything. Who do I sleep next to every night? Who did I get down on one knee and propose to? Who is my Queen? There's no need to draw a line in the sand it was drawn a long time ago. It's already there." He kissed her softly. "But you getting all territorial and jealous is very sexy. Damn..."

"Fine. Okay." She sighed. "I just feel like she is going to do something stupid. "Not steal Owen stupid but something else." She shrugged her shoulder and looked at Owen to make sure he was still sleeping.

Sometimes you had to get territorial. She felt like she was being fair. She didn't say she didn't want Layla around at all but if she made a move on Jake or made him feel uncomfortable, she didn't want the woman around.

Owen woke up early and she walked over and picked him up. She checked his diaper and went to go change him. When she back down, she sat at the table with Jake and rocked Owen to see if he would go to sleep. "When you are done eating will you make him some food? Please."

Jake listened to her concerns and thoughts about what Layla was going to potentially do. "Babe, I don't think she's that stupid. And if she is it doesn't matter. I love you. I want you." He kissed her softly.

Her being territorial was definitely sexy. She didn't get that way often but when she did it was hot.

"Hey big guy." He smiled at Owen. "Nice nap?" He kept eating, and kind of quickly so he could get Owen some food. "Absolutely." Jake got Owen some pureed mac and cheese, green beans, and peaches. "You are getting a big old meal tonight buddy. I didn't know what he'd be in the mood for. If he wants none of that I'll warm up broth." He kissed both their heads before sitting down next to them.

Back
Top Bottom