Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Through the Veil (citizenanon x shani)

Sirius followed her slowly down the stairs and kept his hands on the rails to make sure he did not further hurt himself on the way. At the landing, he turned into the kitchen behind Narcissa and moved to the kitchen table. If one of the girls did not handle the dinner, he would magic it out and warm it up for them.

In the kitchen, he watched the two of them and hoped Narcissa would take his advice in dealing with Bellatrix.

Narcissa made it down waiting for him to follow watching as he moved hoping he wouldn't hurt himself further. Once down Narcissa went into the kitchen seeing her sister not knowing how to gage her nor wha to say to her. Moving to ge dinner out and warmed. Bella sayed quie as she brought the hot water to the table seeing as Bella had no real cooking knowlege, conditioned to be a lady of The House of Black having house eleves usually cooking.Even though she was being trained for war also staying quiet as she sat there..

While Narcissa was bringing the food out, Sirius summoned the utensils and bowls from the cabinet as well as the bread from the counter for the three of them. By the time Narcissa had arrived, Sirius had sliced the bread and buttered it for each of them. He sat back and watched the two of them for a moment. The tension was thick enough to cut it with a knife.

Bellatrix could feel how upset Narcissa was with her, it had been awhile since they had fought like this. Bellatrix sat at the table pouring herself a cup of tea. Seeing Siruis buttering the bread, she thought about saying something but didn't want to upset Narcissa any further. Narcissa placed dinner on the table taking her own seat not knowing what to say to Bellatrix although wanting to be there for her but there were times she just couldn't undersand her.

Not wanting to wait, Sirius served himself a bowl of food all the while wishing he could make the two sit down and hash out their problems. But he did not think he could do that in a way that would not involve spells flying around the room. Still thinking that Bellatrix was hungry from their earlier discussion, he waves his wand and spelled a small portion of the stew into her bowl. He did the same with Narcissa, but gave her a larger amount.

"Now, let's not let this go to waste." He declared in an attempt to cut through the stress. "Eat up you two."

Taking another sip of her tea Bella occasionally looked at her sister, not understanding why Narcissa would get so angry over little things, granted Bella herself had a short temper. Seeing a small portion of food appear in her bowl. Looking over to Sirius knowing he had placed it there, then peering into the small bowl.

Narcissa sat down and began to quietly eat her dinner. While Bellarix played with her food rather distracted stuck in her toughts.

Sirius ate slowly since he was unsure as to how his newly regrown stomach would handle the rich meal. He thought it would be alright, but until he was certain, he would stick to bread and broth with just small portions of meat and vegetables. When Bellatrix looked to him, he glanced down at her bowl and nodded before looking over to Narcissa.

"I'll be seeing Lucious soon, Narcissa. If you have a reply for him, I'll pass it along. I'm sure he's most anxious to read your response to his last post." Sirius smiled at the younger woman. He remembered something of what it was like to be so deep in the 'puppy' love part of a relationship. It was sickeningly sweet to see how the two changed when thinking about each other.

Bellatrix continued to play with the stew in front of her. keeping herself busy. Narcissa hoped her siser would eat, while also watching Sirius to see how he was fairing with his aliments and stomaching his meal. Bellatrix rolled her eyes when getting the confirmation of hi dishing her some stew. Looking up from her stew Narcissa smiled, "Yes I do have a reply for him, I'll get it to you later. By soon how soon you can't even think bout leving until you are fully healed." She stated.

"Oh, I figured it would be a few days before I'm able to get out to him, but just wanted to offer." He smiled. "I want to take it easy a few days anyway. It'll be good to relax, get rid of this stress and anxiety, and just kind of lay low. I doubt anything major will be happening the next couple days at any rate." Sirius may not have been overly subtle, but he prided himself on just the right amount of inflection to remind Bellatrix that things were okay again and that she could try to relax.

The Dark Lord would be licking his wounds and formulating another attack strategy. Hopefully, he would know in advance so that he could pass the information onto Albus.

"Besides, I'll have time to work further with you on your occlumency and animagus training." He winked at Narcissa, "That shouldn't be too stressful, right, Doctor?"

Narcissa nodded her head smiling it had been awhile since she had seen Lucius and she missed him dearly. "That souns like a good plan to rest and relax at least until you are healed fully." Narcissa replied eatting more of her stew. Bellatrix slowly looked up and glared at him as he ephasied certain words. Though things were calm for now she was still tense and stressed. Bella shkily brought the spoon to her mouth trying to force herself to eat.
"That is true but you'll still have to rake it easy..."

Sirius ignored Bellatrix's glare with some practiced ease. He noticed with some satisfaction that she was eating a little bit of the stew and decided to leave it at that. A little was better than none. They could work their way back up to full meals once she was ready for them.

"I'll be good, I promise." Sirius agreed. "Most of it will be talking you through meditation exercises anyway, nothing too severe." Sirius looked back to Bella. "And you, dear Bellatrix, I have a special project for you and no, I'm not going to tell you what it is just yet, but I think you'll like it. Maybe. Or you might hex me. I'm not sure yet."

A thought had been growing in the back of his mind for a while. Sirius could not remove the dark mark without a full on virgin sacrifice, but there might be a way to... shield it. He would have to look back at his notes and go over it. If it did work, he would have to be careful with Bella to make sure she did not 'do a runner'.

Bella began to eat slowly though forcing it down, she was just stressed a lot was going on. Pausing to sip her tea, not realy talking to the group.

Narcissa nodded her head, "You better or else you won't heal properly." She said then looking at him,"Fair enough talking should hurt or put too much strain on you..." Narcissa said then seeing her sister eatting though looking like she was trying to choke the meal down.

Bellatrix looked a him in curiosity and annoyanceas he wouldn't tell her what he needed from her with the idea of her hexing him she wanted to know wherre his twisted head was going.

"Don't give me that look, Bellatrix. It's nothing bad, I assure you." He promised. "Nothing to get upset about. I'm going to look into it tonight and do some calculations..." He glanced at Narcissa, "Nothing strenuous, just some academic stretching." He looked at Bella. "I'll likely need your help though if you're up for it."

Sirius would need a good reading of her magical signature and if he was correct, probably her blood and his as well to power the item that would hide her from Tom's notice.

Bellatrix just glared at hm as he told her not to look at him like that. She wondered what it was if it wasn't bad, wanting to know what he was talking about. Taking another bite she pushed her bowl away slightly only eattinghalf of what was in the bowl. She couldn't eat anymore, nodding her head that she would help him if she could. Narcissa watched them both, she was fine with him doing things so long as they didn't upset the injuries. At the moment Bella wasn't feeling so well sitting at the table, trying to be still and relax.

Sirius could sense Bella's mood lowering. "If you'd like, Bellatrix, you can get the notes and paperwork out of my room and meet me back here. Narcissa doesn't like me going up and down the stairs unless I need to." He nodded to the 'healer in training. "Should be laid out on my desk. We can start going over it when you get back down." He was nearly done with his bread and broth and knew Narcissa would not take long to finish her own meal. Perhaps some time away to breathe would be good for Bellatrix right now.

Bellatrix took a deep breath, nodding her head she slowly stood up pushing her chair in. Narcissa smiled slightly it was true he shouldn't be climbing the stairs. Catching her sister's face she knew that look she had a feeling Bella would be taking a bit longer when returning. Bellatrix walked off torwards the stairs leading to the bedroom's up there. Once up the stairs Bella felt nausious, her stomach was twisting and making odd noises makking a beline to the bathroom, Bella proceed to pull her hair and hover over the toliet getting sick from not eatting to then eatting too much. Once she stablized, she flushed, going towards Sirius' room going to find the plans on his desk. Walking into his room she went over the desk finding what she assumed the plans were. After a good 15- 20 minutes Bellatrix would return to the table. Placing the plans next to Sirius, then sitting back in her seat. Narcissa had finished her dinner falling silent waiting for Bellatrix to return knowing she wasn't feeling well.

Sirius made small take with Narcissa, mostly about what she and Lucious had been up to, while Bellatrix was away. Sirius used magic to put everything away and summoned a tin of cookies from the cupboard and set them out to have with his tea while he waited for Bella. When the dark haired witch finally returned, Sirius made a space for her and set the tin within her reach if she wanted some.

When Narcissa excused herself, Sirius began to lay the ritual out.

"Okay, so the idea of the ritual as planned is to remove the Dark Mark. Doing so needs a force more powerful than what Tom used to cast it." Sirius re-explained as a matter to get his thoughts rolling. "The loss of virginity in a purification ritual. Right, which you're not comfortable performing." He shrugged, "Honestly, I can't say I would do anything different if the roles were reversed."

Sirius began to dig through the paperwork until he got to the original equations he had used, "But, if we seek to nullify its abilities, rather than remove them, I believe that we can create an item that will allow you to move somewhat freely outside of here so long as you wear the item without fear of Tom sensing or being able to affect you." He looked at her, "What do you think?"

Narcissa excused herself from the table tired wanting to get come rest. Seeing as she hadn't slept while the other two had slept earlier that day. Seeing the tin of cookies wanting one but not after what happened she didn't want to chance it. Bellatrix listened as he re-explained the way to remove the Dark Mark which she refused to do for many reasions. Seeing as he understood her being uncomfortable with lossing her virginity, to remove a mark, even for freedom.
The idea seemed interesting enough, Listening to his words. "What if it doesn't work? What will it intale?" She asked weakly as she sat there paying full attention just not feeling too good.

"Most likely, it would take blood. Probably about a quart each from me and from you. One person is not powerful enough to counter the Protean charm, but two should be more than sufficient to do so." Sirius explained. "The way permanent enchanting works is that runes are engraved on an object, then the object is soaked in a solution based off of magically enriched materials. Blood in this case."

Sirius sat back, "The way it would work is that so long as you and I are near each other, we will be able to keep the object charged. Probably a good fifty feet or so. That means we could get you out of here so long as I'm with you. I know it's not the perfect solution that you would want, but some freedom is better than being trapped here."

Bellatrix fell silent listening to him explain how it would work and the materia's needed. "Alright...sounds simpile enough...no it's not the best but it's better than nothing....Technically I'm a missing person as is Cissy as we were kidnapped won't someone recogize me and cause trouble?" She questioned him wanting to make sure all would be well. "Shouldn't we wait a bi until you are healed you could probably use you blood more inside of you then out of your body..." She stated she also different like the idea of having a baby sitter with going out but it would be helpfull in some way..

"Well, I think in the next day or two, I can provide the blood needed. There are replenishing potions in that set that Pomfrey provided, so it won't be a big deal." Sirius explained. "It will be a few days for me to carve the runes anyway."

Sirius thought about her interest in a disguise. "Well, there are plenty of magical ways to hide yourself from others if you like, but I don't believe you and your sister have been reported missing." Sirius sighed softly. "They can't exactly come out to the Aurors explaining that you two were taken from Tom. I'm not saying we should go walking through Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley with you as yourself, but other places should be fine."

Bellatrix nodded her head he had an answer for everything. Bellatrix had forgotten about the potions that Pomfrey had given him seeing he had only just returned to the cottage. Listening to his words, "True granted they could have reported us missing in general it would have nothing to do with Tom...Then again Tom and the others know what I look like whether my mark is hidden or not. That could cause some alarm with them to see me walking around. If you say so..." Bella shrugged leaning back in her chair.

"If you've been reported missing, Albus did not seem too concerned with it and normally, he would be very, very concerned with something like that." Sirius explained. Albus could be a force of nature once he got over the 'old man' persona that he enjoyed playing so much. "But, yeah... I think we have a good plan here. Not a great one by any stretch, but a good one. Do you have any gold or silver rings that you're not attached to? A bangle or large bracelet would also work."

Bella ndded her head, "Fair enough..." She replied he was right the old fpol was often generally concerned for his students both past and present. "It's a start....if it works." Shrugging slightly not knowing if this would work or not but it was worth a try. Thinking about what jewlery she had and if there was anothing she wasn't too fond of. "I think I might have a few things...would you like me to get them or would you rather sart on it tomorrow when you've gotten more rest?"

"Go ahead and get them. I can start on the planning now. Depending on how big it is, I might need to change a couple things. In this case, the bigger, the better." Sirius explained before gathering his papers up so that he could go through them once more. He'd hate to accidentally create something that would make her arm disappear or worse.

Back
Top Bottom