Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Snow-covered Boughs OOC (D&D 5e, closed group)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that is 9 non-lethal before resistence for rage is applied, for a total of 4/5 (depending on if things are rounded up or down).
Still using Reckless Attack.
Hit: 17
Damage: 9

I suspect that a 17 hits (medium armour with +2 dex) if it does not let me know - and I will change the text.

Hanna's smart-getting stronger. Jennifer and Nicole are just being horny little buggers, and you don't get XP for that. :p

Amaril said:
Oh yeah, almost forgot: Hanna gains 100 XP for winning those fights.
Thank - was not expecting that.
Lord_Red said:
Hanna's smart-getting stronger. Jennifer and Nicole are just being horny little buggers, and you don't get XP for that. :p
Well this is why barbarian cultures often defeat decadent civilised people :), hard work and determination ... and than time for working off steam in a different way (maybe depending on how the next few bits go, Hanna likes to take it a bit slow at times outside of work).

Alright, I'll let it slide this time because I'd hate for the effort you put into that post to go to waste, but in the future, dan, I'd ask for an Insight roll to come up with something like that. Even if it's a really easy one :p

Ah in that case I might need to make another (much harder) one also.
Hanna's thinking - Vera is obviously not shy on money given that she wagers without issue, the Baron's letter mentioned children rather than child, and we have seen no male children eyeing the woman who could claim them as part of a quest.

As such Hanna is thinking that Vera might be another of the Baron's daughters - just the one that would hate the idea of being raffled off as a prize pig to an adventurer so when Nicole mentioned 'a daughter' rather than 'daughters' the Baron selectively choose to keep the one(s) that might be more problematic unsaid introduce Alette to Nicole.

What kind of insight would that be (or would it merely be bad insight :) ), and do you want me to roll?

Actually, if that's your thinking, you'd want to go History first, to see if you actually know how many children the baron is supposed to have. Then a much harder Insight check to see if you can peg Vera as another of his daughters, if such a person exists.

And, to be clear, none of what I've said so far is meant to confirm or deny any of your guesses. That would be no fun :p

Well on the History front it is likely a none starter unless it is 'very easy for a 5' which it might be as the letter did say 'marriage to one of my children', so more than one is a fair guess.

On insight she actually rolled a twenty (which meets hard difficulty but not very hard - which I could see her leaps of logic being).
History: 7
Insight: 21

Well, you have no idea how many children the baron has (other than "more than one", since he said as much in the letter), but Vera doesn't seem anything like nobility. She doesn't talk like a lady, for one--my writing may not do the best job of bringing it across, but her speech patterns are definitely common.

Ah well, it was a nice thought - your writing did capture the manner of speech with her refering to Hanna as 'her ladyship' but she also dropped it quickly enough, but Hanna is not exactly a scholar so she could have seen it as merely a way of people describing guests of a unknown nature prior to introduction.

I will have Hanna ask about her excess cash in comparison to Bran's grumbling instead while they eat - and see where that takes us.

Amaril, minor typo-you said "Jen" instead of "Tess" in your last post. So unless the maid got a very quick name change, that should probably be edited.

D'aw :blush: I'm glad you're having fun. It's a learning experience, but I try my hardest.

dan, I just thought you should know your last post made me chuckle, because I'd been picturing this as-yet-anonymous maidservant as an aging, grey-haired lady :p

I can change that if you'd prefer, though. Just hadn't expected you to capitalize on that part of the scene.

It was an understandable assumption, lacking any given description. But even in this game, not everyone is going to be sex on legs.

I actually kindof like that, adds a sense of realism to the game - i.e a dnd world were sex is common place (as it is in ours) but it is not everything (again like ours), with characters that have something of a focus on it making it more front and center than it might be when they are not around.

Yeah, that's the idea. I mean, by my best guess, in real life, about forty percent of everything human beings have ever done has been motivated at least partly by sex (and really, that's being conservative), so I don't think you really need to suspend disbelief all that much to allow for some good smut in a fantasy setting. Aside from things like Jennifer's...well, entire character, that is :p

Of course, bear in mind, you guys haven't even started the actual adventuring part of the adventure yet. It's only gonna get weirder from here...

dan, how about a Performance check to see just how effective your little show is? You can have Advantage, given the circumstances.

I have a feeling that the next time she gets into a fight she is getting her ass handed to her, but another natural 20 for a 21.

Alright, dan, if you want to really go all-out with something like that, I'm gonna need some more checks. Let's say an Insight check to make sure you can read her reactions, and a straight-up Dexterity check to actually pull all this off effectively.

Don't worry, I won't punish you if you fail--it'll still work fine, just maybe not as incredibly as Hanna's hoping.

Also, going to sleep in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom