Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shining Life(Marvel) Lady/Fox

"i... i would like that." he admitted. "but, i'm afraid i'm dangerous sometimes. i get agitated, i might attack you." he admitted. "so it's better if you just stay back, or out of the room completely while i'm in a state... i really hurt Natalia... sorry, Natasha the other day when i was having a fit." he'd stabbed her, because she'd moved wrong while he was agitated, thinking she was a Hydra Agent trying to kill him and Fitz. she was fine of course, it wasn't so much a stab as a deep cut thanks to her abilities and skills in getting out of the way, but he still felt really terrible about it. "Wow. my mother is The Morrigan." he whispered, eyes wide. "i wonder where she is? shouldn't she have shown up by now?" he wondered.

"...you make it sound dirty. do we need to go save those mice?" he wondered. "Sir. Agent Fitz is in bed." Jarvis informed them. "he is taking a nap after he had an episode of anger over his newfound disability." "oh dear..." Grant muttered, swallowing thickly, rather upset about having caused Fitz so much damage. part of the brain damage was an inability to control himself when he got upset or angry so Fitz usually withdrew from people when he started feeling grumpy. a nap always made him feel better.

“Well, I’m dangerous to, but if it makes you feel better, I will stay back if you get to agiated, and let James take care of you.”She promised, worried about him, but not sure how to help. Smilign quietly. “Natasha is well, you did not hurt her to badly.”she smiled at him nodding slowly, considering it. “She might have slept. Some of the older ones, we sleep when the centuries grow to long, or our people start abandoning belief. Sometimes it is easier to deal with the centuries that way.”She shrugged a little.

“It is dirty, they’re being weird. And no, he’s testing out a new drug or something. I stopped listening, but it wont hurt the mice.”Tony promised before tilting his head, sighing a little. “Ah. Well, grant don’t look so upset. It happened, and he’s been better these days. I mean, spending time with me, makes anyone realizing that disabilities come with genius.”And tony despite how he talked about himself, and thought he was amazing, he knew he was disabled in some of the most basic ways.

he nodded, relaxing at the promise that she wouldn't put herself in danger for his sake. he wasn't sure he could take that. "i still hurt her." he admitted softly. "that in and of itself is unforgivable." he admitted before nodding. "maybe." he agreed. "having the entire power of the world must be hard too. she is the most powerful of us, but she's no Goddess." he admitted, smiling at her. "your powers are beginning to return." he mused, smiling. "within the year, probobly much less, you'll be fully reawakened again. and then no human will ever bend you to their will again." he promised her. "hopefully my mother will feel the powers and wake up so she can help."

"a new drug. tested on mice...." Grant didn't get it. "it's good for him to be here." Steve agreed. "everyone in the tower is a little bit fucked up. he just can't hide it quite as well as we can yet." Steve admitted with a smile. "so how does James new arm work?" Steve asked curiously, deciding he'd had enough of the somber conversation.

“Yes, but you will be better with time. We’ll figure this out.”She smiled a little before nodding. “Yes, even for me power is to much. I can not imagine that it would be a easy burden for her to carry....and hopefully. That would be good.”She smiled a little.

“Yes. It’s the safest way to do it.”Tony said before flashing steve a smile, knowing what the man was doing before getting up, moving over to the arm as he picked up the small conducting pads that were connected to teh base. “Much like my suit does. Watch.”he grinned as he rested it on his skin, closing his eyes for a moment, tense for a moment, worried that it wouldn’t work before grinning happily as the fingers moved. “It’ll tap into his nervous system, thought will translate into action. And while it wont be alot, there with be more....of a awareness of touch and temperature then the old one.”

he nodded. "Bruce thinks that my episodes should totally stop once i've come to terms with my ow self guilt and trauma." he admitted. "i have no idea what that means but i trust Bruce." he admitted with a smile.

"you used your suit tech?" Steve asked, sounding surprised as he watched the Arm, blinking at it, hesitantly taking it, checking Tony for permission before attaching it to his own arm just like Tony had. "it moves so smooth." Steve admitted, looking very impressed. "can he try it on even if his arm is still healing?" he wondered, wondering if Bruce had given the stamp of approval. he'd assume so since Bruce wasn't heading their way yelling at Tony. James examined the arm from a distance before sidling forward and allowed Tony, and only Tony to attach it. once it was attached it took him a few moments before he adjusted to the new way of moving it, and more importantly, get used to the sensations he was getting from it. "it.... feels..." James mumbled, looking stunned as he stared at the closest thing to a real arm he'd had in memory. it wasn't over sized, it wasn't bulky, it moved like a normal arm and he could even control the strength he put into it. this wasn't a murder weapon, it wasn't a tool. it was an arm that could be used to hurt only if he wanted it to. he was so overwhelmed that he huddled up on the floor and began to weep because he didn't know what else to do. this was the nicest thing he had ever owned, ever.

“Well, yea. At least, I started there. I had to improve the design, since he’d be wearing it all the time instead of just sometimes like I do with the armor. It had to be light enough not to bother him.”Tony said before nodding when the other looked at him, smiling a little in permission watching the arm. Smiling pleased before nodding. “Yea. But he can’t keep it on, bruce said trying it on wouldn’t be to bad as long as we don’t leave it on.”Tony promised smiling a little as he looked at james, before putting it arm, smiling slightly as he watched the other use it. “Yea, I tried to get the sensations set to what I feel with the suit. But it might be to much. We can fiddle with how intense the feel is if needed.”Toyn said looking upset at the reaction, eyes wide and upset as he looked up at steve before hustling over to james, crouching down as he gently pushed at the other’s shoulder gently. “Don’t cry. I’m sorry, I don’t know what’s wrong, but I can fix it. I can always fix the arm, there’s something wrong with it. I knew I’d mess up, take it off, I’ll fix it now.”Tony said sounding more frantic with each word.

Steve smiled at Tony. "it's beautiful." he admitted, examining the arm. "it's like a piece of art." he admitted before nodding, watching James who had nodded at the information that he could try it on but couldn't keep it on for a while yet. "Tony. Tony relax." Steve ordered when Tony started to fuss. "James isn't upset, he's just overwhelmed." he promised Tony. "remember when you gave me that art set?" Steve had cried too because everything was strange and weird and people where being nice to him and it was the best thing he'd ever gotten ever. Steve had never told any of the others that Tony had delivered the art supplies personally, he just told them he'd found them in his room. "he's just feeling too much. it's okay." he promised, Grant settling down next to James and cuddling him a little while James clutched his arm, quite possessively and mumbled at Tony that it was his and Tony couldn't have it back and to 'please don't take it away'. "it's okay Tony. it's... extremely weird for us to be treated like people. just having his wounds taken care of was a deep shock. to be given an arm that was clearly made for his comfort, instead of as a weapon was just too much for him to handle. it's okay."

Tony nodded a little. “Hm, that’s me. Master artist of metal and destruction.”Tony snorted a little remembering what the reporter had once called him, the da vinci of their time. Looking up at Steve when the other spoke he sat back on his heels, not calm but studying him. “Y-yes. You were upset. Oh...okay.”Tony said calming a little when he realized that this was a okay reaction, even if it felt like a sucker punch to not be able to stop it. “Kay. I’m not taking it away.”Tony promised standing after a moment looking amused at how possessive he was, reminded him of steve and the art stuff when tony’d tried to take it back when he was crying when tony gave it to him. “Yes...this is...a deep shock to know that even after a brief time, you care to give us something....especially iron man tech.”Alexis said as she settled on james’ other side, well aware of how much of a compromise to his morals and restrictions he placed on himself most of the time, to be giving iron man tech to anyone.

Steve smiled a little. "explosions maybe, but not destruction." Steve admitted with a chuckle. "sometimes, to make the best things, you have to destroy something in the process." he admitted with a smile, watching Tony. "yeah. he's okay." he promised with a smile. "James, you have to take the arm off or you'll hurt yourself." he warned. "let Tony show you how, okay?" he asked with a smile, James sniffling a little before he nodded, calming a little already before letting Tony show him how to put the arm on and off. "it's been a very long time since someone cared." Grant admitted. "it's been a very long time since we've had someone take care of us. give us things we need." he admitted. "to be treated with kindness." he admitted, James nodding his agreement, smiling at Alexis and Grant. "i'm okay." he finally managed to admit. "i'm sorry. i just couldn't... i'm okay." he promised, running his fingers over the metal arm, stroking it with a sense of awe.

“Hmmm, I like explosions. I do well at those.”He snickered a little before relaxing more at steve’s promise. “It’ll hurt but you can hang onto it, promise.”he said showing the other how to take it on and off, before tilting his head, looking awkward and embarassed, and standing quickly. Definitely out of his depth, and looking moments form bolting out of the room to get away from the emotions. “Well, let jarvis know if you need anything. He’s good at making sure I know when to get things for everyone. And good, you’re okay, I’m okay, and I’m totally going to go get dinner now.”Tony said before beating a hasty exit towards the kitchen. “....he’s not very good with people is he?”Alexis said thoughtfully, watching him go.

"i like explosions too... so long as i'm not having a bad day." on bad days even the ding of a microwave could send him diving for cover. he usually stayed in his rooms on days that bad though. James was clutching his arm now, refusing to let anyone else touch it. "whose Jarvis?" James asked, looking confused. "an electrical based being." Grant explained. "a being born from a computer program." "...like Zola?" "no. Zola was a human mind, downloaded into a computer. Jarvis is a intelligence born from intelligence. he was never human and never will be." he admitted. "he is a pure being." Grant admitted, setting James at ease about a bodyless being giving orders and talking to him. he didn't have to listen to anyone there after all. "no he's not. but he's getting a lot better. he wasn't socialized at all really." Steve admitted. "he's really sweet and thoughtful though." Steve admitted with a soft smile, James scowling as he felt the first sparks of jealousy inside of him. over what? or rather who? was he jealous because Steve liked someone else or because someone else liked Tony? James wasn't sure and was now too tired to really analyze it.

"Me to. I think we all have those days...though I admit I scare myself with the explosions sometimes."tony snorted a little looking pleased at how calm james was now smiling a little."jarvis is my best estate friend and creating partner. And...no nothing like that."tony said making a face. "He is...unique in this world. There is no harm in jarvis, and lots of good."Alexis promised with a smile before looking at steve."are we...upsetting him by being in his home?"she said looking upset at the idea looking at james in curiousity as she saw and felt his reaction

Steve chuckled a little. "it was hilarious that one day..." he admitted with another giggle. remembering Tony, during one of his more... interesting explosions always made him giggle. "how long did it take for your eyebrows to grow back again?" he wondered. "....as long as he won't cause The Pain...." James mumbled with a violent shudder before watching Alexis. Steve smiled at her. "yes we are, but that's okay because he invited us here." he assured her. "he wants us in his home even if it upsets him, because he likes us and wants us to be safe and here where he can protect us." he admitted. "he's not used to people liking him, so he gets upset and nervous, and he's not used to being around people either so that makes him upset and nervous, but he loves having people around who don't hate him so he's a bit conflicted. he's really doing so much better." he admitted with a smile, noticing James dark scowl and recognized it as his 'jealous' face and had to wonder why James was jealous this time?

"You promised to forget that day!and it was only a few weeks."tony whined making a face at him."no I won't cause pain."tony promised before leaving. Alexis frowned thinking it over nodding slowly. It made sense from what she got from the man."brew ell as long as he's fine....I don't want to make him uncomfortable in his own home..."she frowned before watching james then glancing at grant, wondering if he had a idea what was going on. Feeling a little out of her depth really

Steve smirked. "i never said i would forget, i just smiled when you told me that i had to. hardly the same thing Tony." he pointed out with a smirk. "he'll be okay. he's uncomfortable, but he'd be uncomfortable if he was all alone too. it's better to be here and help him with his problems then leave him alone." he admitted. Grant looked very amused and glanced at Alexis. he had a feeling he knew what was going on. "come on. lets go up. i'm hungry." Grant admitted, James hesitating, looking around for a place to hide his arm. "you can stash it in your rooms." Steve promised James. "we'll stop there so you can hide it and then head for Dinner okay?" Grant asked James who nodded and that's what they did. James hid the arm and they all headed to the kitchen to see what Tony had ordered.

"It is to!you never listen to me spangles!I'm remembering this the next time you give me a order. I won't obey!"tony threatened in a huff. "Ah. I see. That makes sense."Alexis smiled before following the others upstairs making a face at the smell as they walked into the main penthouse, looking thoughtful at the smoke coming from the kitchen."is it supposed to do that?"she said frowning at the sounds of both cussing and jumping that could be heard, tilting her head to look at tony seemingly trying to beat a fire alarm into submission....after all tony stark should never be allowed cooking on his own.

Steve chuckled a little. "i listen to you when it counts." Steve admitted. "and you always obey my orders. it's in your nature to listen to the more dominant men." he stated simply, completely unaware of what he'd just alluded to. "no. it's not. but it does often enough." he admitted. "Tony's just attempting to cook again. he often does." he admitted. "Jay? would you order food?" he asked the A.I. chuckling as he moved to help Tony. "haven't you learned by now Tony?" Steve asked, looking amused. "what are you trying to make?" he asked, examining the burnt mess in the kitchen. "well. i have to say. it's better than your last attempt." he admitted before pausing. "actually it's better than my last attempt. at least the pan survived." the last time Steve had tried to cook, he'd melted the pan. he still didn't know how. "Jarvis? mute the fire alarm please." Steve asked, sighing in relief when the blaring stopped. "thanks Jay." "....i can cook." James said. "do you want me to?" "no, that's okay. Jarvis is ordering food." Steve promised. "did you hide your arm?" "yes." James admitted, looking a little suspicious at Steve, as if trying to decide if Steve was going to go look for it.

"...."tony stared at him for a moment trying to decide exactly what the other meant before making a face, realizing steve couldn't possibly know what that could mean."...ah...is cooking...not good here?"Alexis said frowning as she considered things."I can cook!I did better!" "Of course captain. Your usual order of pizza is already on the way." "I see how if is. No faith I'd actually manage to cook."tony sulked looking at the pan."....lasagna. phils recipe was good and easy instructions. Thought I could do it..."he muttered. "You hid the arm?why?did someone try and take it?"tony asked food forgotten for the moment, ready to get angry with someone over it.

"no, cooking is fine... it's just that Tony doesn't know how to cook. he and Steve have many, many talents... cooking is not one of them." Grant admitted. "Steve is even worse than Tony is." he admitted with a chuckle. "you did do better." Steve agreed. "the pan survived and nothing blew up." he admitted. "...really?" he asked, looking baffled. easy instructions? how in the hell did these things always happen? easy or Steve and Tony meant 'might not blow up the tower'. he had no idea how 'easy' turned into 'war zone' but it did. always. no matter how hard he and Tony tried. "no. not yet." James said, indicating that while no one had, he expected them too. "relax. hoarding is common." Natasha informed Tony. "Hydra takes away everything you might gleen any hope, enjoyment, pleasure or happiness from. sometimes they let you have something just long enough to get really attached before taking it away." she admitted. "it takes a long time for the fear of loosing things to go away." she admitted.

“Ah. I see.”Alexis said looking amused at the idea, before looking thoughtfully at the two discussing cooking. Since she couldn’t cook, she was going to leave it up to the people who knew how to do these things. “Yea, not this time anyways....and yea. Phil wrote them out for me, well for pepper since I liked his food when he was babysitting me, but I still messed it up.”Tony sighed looking upset before relaxing, glancing at natasha. “Ah, okay. Steve does it to. And you. And clint. I’ll just add this to the odd things that happen in the tower.”Tony said smiling a little.

he nodded. "i can cook a little bit now." Grant admitted. "not really fancy things but i won't starve if left on my own for a few weeks." he admitted before smiling at the mention of Phil. "Tony. i hate to tell you this, but i don't think we're ever going to be able to cook." Steve admitted with a sigh and a shake of his head. "it's a hopeless endeavor and we should both just give it up and focus on more likely pursuits." he said that but it would never happen. they where both too stubborn. "...i don't hoard..." Steve lied, flushing, not about to admit he had... er, borrowed more than one thing of the rest of the team so he could have keepsakes that made him feel better, knowing he had friends, a family even. "you are a hoarder. i know you have my hair pins." Natasha accused Steve who flushed. "...i was gonna give them back. i needed them for something." "for what?" "...i'm not sure now, but it seamed important at the time." Natasha snorted. she knew exactly why he'd taken them, that's why she'd left them out for him. it wasn't like she hadn't done the same thing. she had something from everyone too. even the new people she'd collected something, knowing they where there to stay and she was already very fond of Skye. she actually had two of Skye's shirts and a hair tie that the girl had left laying around and didn't seam to realize yet that was missing.

“Good. We’ll be able to eat then.”Alexis said snickering a little. “I will. I will totally master cooking. I’ll make Phil help me. It’ll be his punishment for worrying us, and clint. We’ll figure out this.”Tony said stubbornly before flashing steve a smirk. “You do to. How do you think you ended up with my spare screws?Without me freaking out? Left them out for you. Figured screws were less scary then kidnapping my repulsors or iron man suit for your collection.”Tony teased looking amused glancing up when Clint walked in with the pizza, looking worn still from taking care of phil, but better now that he was doing better. “Here you go.”Clitn said looking amused as he set the food down, shaking his head at the sight of the ruined cooking. “I think you should leave the cooking to phil, tones.” “I can cook!”

"well you master cooking and i'll work on.... i think i'll learn how to play the Tuba." Steve decided, teasing Tony before he flushed bright red, anxious that they knew he was a thief. still, they didn't seam to mind and Nat shrugged. "i steal Tony's screwdrivers and wrenches." Natasha admitted. "and i stole your hoodie." "yes i know. your wearing it." Steve pointed out, looking much more amused now. he wasn't the only thief, it was okay, no one was mad at him. "no, Tony, you can't cook." Phil's dry tones said from the hallway. he was walking slowly, using a cane, but he was doing it. every step was a struggle but so far nothing seamed wrong aside from his entire body aching and being a little dizzy here and there. the cane helped with the slight limp in his left leg, Bruce had said it was just a pulled muscle and would be fine in a weak. the only real problem Phil seamed to have was his right hand. it was crippled, and looked to be staying that way. no more shooting guns for Phil. "and don't feel bad about being a Thief Steve, Tony and Clint do the same thing and i'm pretty sure Grant has a collection by now." Grant flushed but didn't deny it.

“Nooo!You can’t. A tuba?It’s horrible. Play the cello or something if you have to be a geek. I hear Agent likes cello players.”Tony said snickering a little. “.....that’s a veiled reference to me, you know that right? String instruments, cello...bow...”Clint pointed out with a snicker. “....you’re the reason I’m getting new screwdrivers every few days? That’s just mean.”Tony sulked ignoring clint’s words, cause teasing clint wasn’t what he wanted to do right now sulking. “....I can totally cook!”Tony huffed looking at phil even as clint moved over, hovering a little at phil’s side, ready to help him, smiling slightly. “I am not a thief!” “You stole my bow. and natasha’s widow bites. And steve’s shield.” “To make them better!That doesn’t count.”Tony said not about to admit to all the other stuff he’d taken from his team.

"yes. a Tuba." Steve agreed. "it's about to my skill level." "the Tuba is actually hard because you have to learn how to make the lip movements." Phil warned. "....then i'll learn the recorder." Steve decided. "it's like the flute, only not hard." Phil snorted at that. "Actually it's a reference to my sister." Phil stated simply. "she plays the Cello." "you have a sister?" Steve asked, looking shocked. "yes." he admitted. "...i think she still thinks i'm dead... i should call her..." "we could bring her here. explain it to her." Steve offered. "...she'd get a kick out of that." Phil admitted. "she has the biggest crush on Tony." Phil admitted with a chuckle. "she was very irate with me when she found out that i was living with Tony for three weeks and i didn't get an autograph for her." he admitted with a chuckle. "....no, of course not. Grant and Dummy steal them too." Natasha admitted. "i think Dummy thinks it's a game." Natasha admitted, looking amused. "and i know you have my fingernail polish and my perfume." she stated, smiling at Tony. "i love the new fragrance you got me too." she admitted. "is he the one who keeps stealing my shampoo and leaving new stuff in there?" Steve asked with a grin. "he has a good nose. adore that peach vanilla thingy of shampoo he got me last time." "That was me, actually." Natasha admitted, flushing a little. "i didn't like the stuff you where using before. it stunk." "oh... well i like it so thanks." "...and now we know why the Avengers where able to save the world." Fitz muttered as he walked in, amused that they where all sneaking, stealing and replacing things from each other. it was hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom