Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

tumblr_n5fl9emMAp1r09fobo1_1280.jpg

The white-haired wolf bristled at the sudden touch, unused to affection. As they both sank down, she pulled her legs up, nervous around Luna.

She knew the answer to her question, listening to it in her head, the phrase Abass had drilled into her over the years repeating itself.

"Because father would love me more if I was you," she spoke under her breath.

Her eyes remained downcasted, "I knew of Searrinna too, and she knew nothing of me. You were never meant to meet me, either of you. I was a malformity, nothing more than a burden. I deserved the cell I got."

Her voice had grown cold, monotone, her eyes glassing over as she was brought back to her prison, hearing Abass speak those same words as he lashed her.

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She continued to watch her, intrigued with the new creature before her.

“Bull, Father was just an ass who couldn’t love.” She commented, looking down thoughtfully. She could see just how broken she was, and it hurt to see.

“Well you don’t want to know that self conceived bitch.” She spat, still looking down as she thought of her childhood home.

“And you don’t deserve a cell firstly, No one does, and secondly you’re not a malformity, everything father spoke of was a lie.” She growled softly, staying still fairly calm. Reaching up, Lunar looked at her while her soft hand rested under Kaydens chin, the alpha staring at her intently.

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

"Better than I've had in a long time," she smiled, playing with the stubble on his jawline, "I feel well-rested and glorious sated."

She sat up, enjoying his fingers massaging her skin as she caught a glint in his eyes, "I know that look Eli. Either your planning to fuck me silly before breakfast, or you're planning to fuck me silly after breakfast."

She bounced up, dancing away through the clearing as the morning breeze tickled her bare skin, "Come catch me if you want this handsome."

She danced to the end of the clearing, far away from him and slightly hidden by a sloping hill. The sun was rising steadily now, warming her naked body and she stood with her eyes closed, waiting.

Suddenly someone stepped out of the trees, directly behind her. Their eyes stopped short at her, ogling her bare chest as she turned. Reyn screamed in surprise, trying to step back and falling over her own feet into the grass. Something sinister past across his face and he took a couple steps towards her, suddenly hovering over her legs.

"It's not safe out here to dance naked and frolick without care, "he muttered darkly, his voice making her skin crawl, "You need a strong man to keep you protected...and show that body of yours a good time."

He knelt down with lightning speed, shocking her with his strength as she kicked at him and he dragged her body by her ankles, pulling her back towards him. She aimed for his groin and he undid his pants, stark fear gripping her heart. Immediately his hand reached out and slapped her with such a force it rolled Reyn on her stomach, dazing her. Blood trickled from her lip and she spat more out, her tongue cut open.

"Stop!" she screamed, trying to claw away from him.

I am a deformity," Kayden whispered, rolling her shoulders, "I was born neither wolf nor human. Instead I was a freak! Some mutilated half form, some parts wolf and other parts human. Father would have killed me on the spot, and mother only kept me alive out of pity. I was stowed away in that cage and it became my home fifty-two years..."

Her voice broke and she pressed her cheek into Luna's hand, "You never knew of me because that was as mother liked me, hidden away, keeping her shame and humiliation at bay."

mt5.jpg

Eli grinned cheekily at Reyn, his emerald eyes sparkling within the morning light.

“Can’t I do both, and have you for breakfast?” He chuckled, as he leaned up, supporting himself on his elbows as he propped his body up. Pushing his body up, Eli stood as he began to follow her. As their morning had started off well, it quickly grew sour, Eli’s body bolting over to Reyns side as Eli’s hand caught the mans hand.

“She is protected. And you’ll regret what you’ve done.” Eli snarled, his hand dropping the mans hand to switch to his neck. Pulling the man up, Eli looked over his scroungey form, Eli’s hand reaching for the mans member, half hanging out as he looked at the man.

“You’ll learn to who to respect as of now. No one disrespects my siren.” His voice deepened, and Eli’s free hand dug into the soft flesh, removing the mans bodily pride before shoving it down his throat. Eli tossed the man back, his large stature standing before Reyn. Watching his body crawl away, gagging on his own flesh as Elis body turned and his arm looped around her waist, pulling her up as he looked down on her.

"Don't worry, Your safe Reyn." He stated looking down at her.

She shook in his arms, only breaths away from being raped. Her arms were clutched to her chest, her head curled inwards and under his chin as he carried her.

"Thank you b-baby," she squeaked, still terrified, shivering as she looked over his shoulder to see him crawling away in pain.

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Lunar shook her head softly.

“That doesn’t give them a reason to hide you. When you share the womb with an alpha…. It can affect others…” She whispered softly.

“You’re perfect the way you are.” She replied softly, her soft eyes watching Kayden.

“Mother was wrong.” Lunar stated softly.

“None the less… you’re away from them all now, so its time to enjoy your freedom and release the past.” She whispered softly, the alpha within her pawing with excitement towards Kayden.

mt5.jpg

Eli nodded softly.

“You don’t need to thank me, you know I will never let anything happen to you.” He replied as he carried her back to camp after retrieving their clothes.

“We’ll get some distance and I’ll put you down to clothe before we meet up with the group.” Eli stated, his deep voice echoing throughout the trees as he carried her back.

Nereyda listened to his words, trying to drill away the fear that had crept into her heart. She hated herself for that. She had strength, and a sure-fire cocky confidence when it came to fights. But around Elijah she grew soft, less worried about what's around her and more invested in him. She'd let her guard down and someone had just gotten the upperhand, and almost abused her with it. If he had been mortal...Reyn could dispatch with any mortal douchebag looking to stick his dick in something, her strength easily outnumbering most men. But when it came to the supernatural world she was still considered weak, and liquid fast moves and inhuman strength won against her every time.

And it never helped that her one power was directly for seducing men and women, getting what she wanted out of them using her voice and her alluring looks. Yet it proved useless with most inhuman creatures. Magic-casters like Ashlin were effected, and she had yet to try it on werewolves, but demons and vampires were completely immune, as well as whatever Braxton was.

She curled into herself further, feeling worthless. There was no space for a mere Siren in the supernatural world, nor for the human world. She sat between the two, stuck in limbo looking for her place in a world that no longer needed her.

Elijah broke through her thoughts as he placed her down, handing her clothes over. She felt so cold, like an everlasting chill had dug into her bones that wouldn't die. He'd been warming her up since yesterday, but she now felt even colder, her body rejecting the heat she sought out. With trembling fingers she dressed herself, for once wishing she had more clothing. Lastly she pulled her cloak on and wrapped it around herself, shivering.

"I can walk from here," she whispered with none of her usual bubbliness or sarcasm, "Thank you Eli."

"Thank you for your kind words," Kayden replied softly, surprised at the amount of empathy she was receiving from her sister she had never met till now, "I accepted my life long ago when I was old enough to be grateful my throat hadn't been slashed as a babe. Mother always loved me, deep down, I know that. She hid me from father to keep me alive, and from you and Searrinna. Once...once I got out as a child and I can remember running through the trees, wind in my fur. And then, I smelt something -a mixture of myself and mother- and when I checked I found you, playing in the trees like they were your playground. You looked so free and happy. I wanted to call out then, to meet the sister I knew everything about and who knew nothing of me. But mother found me then..."

Her voice had grown whimsical as she replayed the memory, turning harder as the flashback grew cold, "She dragged me back to my cell, cursed me out until I felt worthless. That day I learnt what you meant to her compared to me."

Kayden blew out her breath, crossing her arms, "It was nothing compared to Abass beating me, but when I denied him the one thing he wanted, I expect I deserved the pain."

Luna's words of freedom made her bristle and she felt Savannah hovering near them, ready to explain if Kayden did not want to.

"I'm not free yet," she replied leaning her head into Luna's touch and savoring it, "Savannah is risking everything having saved me from that monstrous place. She thought she smelt you when she passed my cell, rescuing Damion. Instead she found me, and released me. But now...fath- Abass doesn't like possessions taken from him, and I am nothing more than a useful tool in his eyes."

"They are hunting us down," Savannah piped up, remaining at a distance but explaining what she knew to the Alpha, "They want me dead and Kayden back in custody. The saddest part is none of the wolves know why she is wanted, none of them even questioned who she is. It means she's in all the more danger with them, having no respect from that pack."

"Six came last night," Savannah continued, stepping forward, "We are too close to their territory. The city was supposed to be our escape, but that failed. We are heading south when we leave today, putting as much distance between Abass' pack and mine. Unless your travelling that way, this will be the last time you see your sister until the matter is resolved."

Savannah bowed her head, walking off in search for Damion, knowing the news wouldn't be pleasant for the Alpha to swallow. She had just gained a sister, and was as quickly having her torn away, for her safety.

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

The four of them spoke calmly around a newly lit fire, cooking up last night's left overs. From the sounds of it, they would be heading on soon and everyone needed their strength to walk. The next inn was close to a week out, but with patience growing thin in the group, Ash could tell they'd be trying for half a week if not a few days to the inn.

If she had her magic, she'd offer a portal to speed things up, but that was both dangerous and draining. She had found out the hard way with Xael, that while a portal gets you from point A to B in the matter of a few seconds, your body still acts as if you've been travelling for days. You exit the portal feeling hungry, tired, and thirsty. The farther you travel, the worst it gets. She made the mistake with Xael, and he almost chewed her head off in his bloodlust, crazed with thirst. Since then she seldom picked a portal for travelling, especially with companions. It'll be a last resort if we needed it. Only if we absolutely needed it.

Her thoughts moved on as the group continued chatting, but she continued wavering in and out of the conversation, lost in her own mind. Her ears perked up as someone spoke about walking through the next couple of nights, since the full moon would be rising tomorrow.

Full moon, the blood drained from Ash's face as she realized she hadn't planned on the full moon. They were in the middle of nowhere, far from civilization. It would be perfect, if I wasn't amongst my friend's. I can't mess up again, not around Braxton.

Her blood churned and a familiar tug in her mind told her it was already starting, the slow switch between strengths, where she was weakest during the full moon and it was strongest. There was no stopping or drawing it out. The best Ashlin could hope for was escaping the group around dusk tomorrow, and praying no one followed her when she bolted. If she could put enough space between them and her then maybe, maybe, they'd be safe.

There will be blood Ashlin. Be careful, or it may be your precious man.

mt5.jpg

Eli’s arms flexed, the raw bands of muscle holding the girl delicately within them as he walked throughout the trees.

“Sorry Reyn.” That word felt foreign to him. Something he’d never said to any creature on this earth or beyond. His eyes remained up, scanning the tree lines as his words hovered within the earthy air.

“I wasn’t at your side when I should have been.” His strong words softly flew out of his mouth, his eyes looking down at the siren for a moment before he placed her down for her clothes. Slipping on his jeans and steal toes, Eli slung his shirt over his shoulder and wrapped his cloak around the siren, his arms picking her up smoothly as he glided into a walk with the siren protesting.

“Or, you can appreciate the care, and understand that while you can walk, I would appreciate being able to hold you.” He replied, his stride even as he continued walking. Normally, he wasn’t this kind, it felt odd to him, making the Halfling curious as to why. Yet, some part of him knew why, and it was both an odd, and a foreign concept.

The words coming out of his mouth had to be a trick. Never...not in a million years would Reyn have thought she'd here him apologize. And not for being an ass, or getting her in trouble...but for not being there for her.

Stunned and speechless, she only spoke up to protest when he ignored her request to walk. But even then he surprised her, stating he'd like to carry her. Appreciate being able to? What the hell has gotten into Elijah? Where's the narcissistic whore with the snarky tongue?

"You sick?" she asked, reaching up and touching each of his cheeks with her hands, "I think I broke you. Not that I really mind. Getting pampered by not only the sexiest piece of ass on this planet, but by a sex god no less...well don't I feel special now."

She broke into a grin, her personality bouncing back as she relaxed in his arms, the incident in the field forgotten.

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

The wolf listened, taking in every word that Kayden spoke of and thought it over. While it wasn’t a foreign thing for her so called parents to hide things from her, her own flesh and blood was saddening. Looking down, her silver flecked eyes concentrated on a blade of grass, swallowing down a flash of anger towards her parents, and utter sadness sinking into her heart for Kayden. Biting her lip softly, Lunar looked back up at Kayden.

“If you don’t mind my asking… What was he wanting?” She asked gently, her eyes looking up under a thick set of lashes.

“As long as your with me, under my protection, you are free.” She whispered softly, her delicate musical voice hardening as the wolf made a promise.

“Abass doesn’t hunt me. Nor does he hunt anything I touch.” The wolf half growled, looking up possessively towards Savannah.

“He fears me, he knows I can end his reign, and if he try’s to fuck with me, I’ll kill him.” She growled, knowing that pack all too well.

“We’ll move on soon… I still have to make an errand tonight… Which Xael will be coming with me… But after that, Kayden will come under my care.” The wolf stated matter of factly, her eyes separating from the two to find her mate, sitting quietly next to the fire. Looking back at her sister, Luna dropped her head slightly to look up at her.

“I want you to think about this… Its as much your decision as it is ours. When we come back I need your opinion.” Her voice had softened as the wolf leaned in, kissing Kaydens forehead ever so softly as she stood.

“Stay safe Kayden, I’ll see you in a couple hours, we’ll talk more of blood tonight.” She commented softly before looking towards Xael.

“Babe.” The wolf called musically, her head motioning in the direction she was heading before her body began to move into the forest, her figure being swallowed up by the tree’s as she made her way away for several minutes before she quickly undid her corset and folded up her clothes. Placing them safely under a bush, the girl’s body dropped, pain seeping through every crevice as she forced it. Everything screamed in agony, more than usual. She hadn’t had enough rest or time to recover yet, and her body was feeling it. The girls toes sunk into the earth, her claws digging at it as her head dropped and lifted, snarling as her canines grew. In all her years of turning…. Had she never felt this pain blistering within her bones, forcing the change to take longer then usual. Bones snapped, and tried to refigure to her human body, yet her will forced her body to attempt a different form, her regular form. Her natural form. The wolf snarled, her fur slowly growing in in patch’s as others still remained furless from her last transition. As the time passed, the girl shifted; A body of black and red fur rising as her fading golden eyes looked back, waiting on her mate.

mt5.jpg

Eli looked down at her, lifting a brow as the woman examined him.

“Huh, last I checked, I was better then a sex god, but hey, don’t worry about downplaying it.” His deep voice commented, his brow still lifted as he looked down at her before looking back up.

“I’m not broken, just taking care of what’s mine.” He stated, his body winding around tree’s as he slowly walked.

“Well you should. This is a once in a life time opportunity.” He grinned, as the group began to come up to hearing distance. Yet, those words felt like a lie, it felt like something he would do yet again. The Halfling thought about it, his mind twisting around the odd sensation that pulled him into doing this for her. It’s not like she requested it, he simply did it because he wanted to, being an odd sensation. Shrugging it off for now, the Halfling continued to walk slowly, taking his time getting back to the group.

"Trust me I appreciate it," Reyn replied, nuzzling him, "Miracles only happen once right?"

They were getting closer to the group and she could feel the shift, his words getting less and less. They'd made such a stink about his remarks that he barely spoke around the group, and she was beginning to grow tired of Eli having no say.

"Back tracking a bit," she chirped, "When did I become yours? Last time I checked my books, you belonged to me handsome."

large.jpg

"That's my cue," Xael stood, handing the fire poker to Jay, "Someone make sure the witch is fed while I'm gone, she looks pale."

"I'm pale naturally," Ash retorted, snuggled into Braxton as she glared playfully at her friend, "Worry about me less and you more. You did barely make it out of that city, ya know?"

"I'll be careful," he smiled and strode off.

He followed Luna's path, finding her easily enough in her wolf form, waiting on him.

"What's going on?" Xael asked, slightly confused that she changed without telling him why.

mt5.jpg

Eli nodded softly, still looking ahead as the group began to get louder with every step.

“Well your books are about 30 years old now aren’t they?” He asked lifting his brow yet again.

“While they might be slightly outdated, even before the outbreak. Quite frankly, I prefer you over all, but you can’t pick and choose.” He shrugged, fully well knowing he had the best of say with any woman he’d run into, but while they were alright, none were like the siren within his arms. None of them truly understood him, and they never would. And that’s what made her; his.

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She waited patiently on him, his alluring figure striding past the trees and looking at her questionably. While he wasn’t sure what was going on, the wolf knew he’d be irrational if he’d found she’d made a trip without him. The wolf tilted her head, swaying it towards the deepening forest before she pawed the ground and lowered her body. Lifting her head back, the wolf pawed ever so softly at the ground and waited for the vampire to understand, her body pressing against the ground as she waited.

large.jpg

He wasn't adept in the body language of wolves, but he had a sneaking suspicion she wanted him to follow her. As long as he was at her side, Xael was happy to oblige to whatever she needed.

"Lead the way beautiful," he rolled his shoulders, stretching out any kinks, "I can run as fast as you can. And don't worry -I'll stay out of your way until you need me."

"I totally picked you out of the crowd first, making you my toy. My very irresitable, delicious toy. But mine nonetheless Elijah," she twitched her nose at him, "And my books are not outdated. I just recently updated my top five, so mmm."

She stuck her tongue out at him playfully, waiting for him to snap at it as he sometimes did.

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Growling, the wolf chuffed rather loudly, flinging her head towards her back as she pawed at the soft earth. While usually she didn’t mind laying in the dirt, she wasn’t a fan when she knew she had things to do. Looking up, the wolf flung her head towards her back again, trying to que him in to slip onto her back. While she knew he could run quickly, she knew he didn’t have the same reflex’s and ability to be as quiet as she did when it came down to it.

mt5.jpg

“Well that’s because you have good taste. Because you have good taste that makes you mine, and must I add I’m the one with the muscles, I’m the man, so I own you.” He replied with a matter of fact tone as he slowed his pace down. Looking down, he couldn’t help the grin pulling at his lips towards her little twitch.

“Top 5 eh? Me, Myself, Eli 2.0, My sexyself and I, I presume?” He asked lifting a brow as he looked down at her.

large.jpg

"Umm, I'm all for riding you baby..."he winked and gave her an easy grin, "But I don't think that kind of ride is going to work at my height."

He waved at his height, worried he'd not only offset her weight, but be dragging his heels in the dirt. She was persistent though, and sucking up his pride he got on, wrapping his arms around her neck and pressing his face into her soft fur, "Just...don't tell your brother about this. He'll never let me live it down that you gave me a ride. Ever."

"I'm pretty sure we established finder's keepers," she shot back, "I saw you first, therefore I found you, and I intend to keep you. And your muscles have nothing on my charm and adorablenesssssss. Admit it, I'm just too cute to give up!"

Reyn listened to him prattle on about her top five and rolled her eyes at him, "Sorry baby, not how it works. You only got one spot, and I'm not saying which."

Reyn smiled, saying nothing more, enjoying her game of making him drill the information from her. It always pleased her to have his undivided attention, especially when his luscious emerald eyes turned to look down at her.

tumblr_nf8ornRzNf1t3jnfyo1_500.gif

Kayden said nothing to Luna's questions, and for good reason. Savannah remained quiet too, letting the wolf have her say and leave, hearing Kayden's mumbled goodbye. She looked torn, split between loyalty and friendship.

"Hey," Savannah strode forward, helping her to her feet, "Let's take a walk. Luna won't be back till later in the afternoon, so we have a few hours to waste."

Damion...I'm taking Kayden out of camp. Be back later.

Stay safe. Call you need me, or the pack. They have to be around here somewhere.

Hiding in the woods, keeping out of sight. They aren't fond of being seen. I'm surprised Andre hasn't come into camp though.

Suspect he just wants to be with his own. Go enjoy yourself.

I love you.

And I love, my soul.

Kayden was taken aback by Luna's generosity, and protectiveness. It only been a few minutes of knowing she had a sister, and Luna was already adamant to keep her around. As she left, Savannah helped her up, seeing the turmoil bouncing in Kayden's brain.

She wanted desperately to be with her sister...but Savannah. Savannah was her rock, having spent three weeks with the young wolf and accepting every flaw that Kayden had exposed. Even know she was thinking of Kayden's well-being, taking her for a walk to clear her mind.

They strolled down a small road until Savannah abruptly turned into the trees, leading Kayden. They walked silently until they came upon a small babbling creek leading into a still pool, big enough to swim in but only shoulder deep.

"I'm taking a dip," Savannah smiled, "My clothes could use a clean, as could I. Joining?"

Kayden nodded, surveying the area to make sure no one was watching. They both stripped, cleaning their clothing in the creek before hanging them out to dry on a low tree branch. Savannah stepped into the cold water first, swimming in the clear water with a sigh of contentment. Kayden followed slower, nervous and self-conscious as she hid her chest with her arms. While Savannah dove and played, Kayden watched her with interest, intrigued by the demon.

"You're nothing like what I thought demons were," Kayden cocked her head, floating in the water, "I thought you were all supposed to be mean and evil and emotionless."

Savannah turned, wringing her hair out, "Yeah, well that's most demons. Bitter and hateful, giving their emotions up for more power. I got lucky though."

"How so?"

"I have my humanity," she grinned, "It was no easy task, let me tell you. But i have my soul back, at least half of it."

"And the other half?"

"With Damion," her grin grew, "You never noticed how when one of us hurts, the other does too?"

"Thought it was a telepathy thing," Kayden shrugged, swimming closer to Savannah, "Like what you do with the pack."

"No, it's a soul mate thing. We are bound by my soul in each of us. It also means ultimately, if one of us is to die, the other will probably die with them. But let's not dwell on that. My telepathu...you haven't told anyone have you?"

"No, but if they ask-"

"Please don't," Savannah reached up, tenderly touching Kayden's hair that fell in strings around her face, "The less who know, the safer I am. Now let's wash your hair."

Kayden groaned, but Savannah insisted, even trying to wrestle her out of them but Kayden kicked away, swimming across the pool.

“Pigtails out,” Savannah finally ordered, talking to her like she was a pack member, or her own child, “You need to wash your hair hun.”

She hated exposing them as Savannah knew, even if she really did need to wash her hair. Arguing with the older woman was useless though; she was as stubborn as Kayden. Swimming back to her, she pulled each pig tail out and handed the elastics to Savannah, then dived under the water. She welcomed the cold bite of the water, resurfacing with a splash. Her white hair now hung in wet sheets around her shoulders, fanning and curling out along the water surface.

“I think they are adorable,” Savannah spoke nonchalantly, rubbing water on her own skin as she leaned against a rock jutting from the edge of the water, “Why do you hide them?”

Kayden’s slender fingers reach up over her head, touching the soft cartilage that extended from either side of her head, near the top. They twitched under her touch, swiveling back and forth to take in the sounds of everything around them. They were covered in short white fur, triangular, with the tips pointing up and out.

“Because I look ridiculous,” she snorted, dropping her hands from the wolf ears sprouting from her hair, “I don’t have normal ears!”

Her hands reached up again, this time touching the smooth skin where there should have been human ears. But she had never been born with them, and never would have them. Kayden had been born deformed, as her mother had told her many times, and it was why she was locked away. From the stories, she had only the torso and arms of a child, the rest of her wolf; her face had looked human, but her eyes when they opened were that of a wolf, as were her set of teeth which no human child could have. Luna was the normal sister, born full wolf…and Kayden was the freak.

“I can hear that,” Savannah glared over the water, tapping her forehead, “Stop beating yourself up. You aren’t a freak.”

“Says the woman with normal ears.”

“To a wolf, you have normal ears. And what’s normal about me? I sprout fangs and drink blood for a living. I control a pack, and I’m not evenly partly wolf. Hell, I got demon and angel blood swirling in me, constantly fighting for dominance. I seem more fucked up than that manwhore Elijah that your sister travels with. We are unique creatures. Feel blessed, not cursed.”

The older woman swum up to her and gave her a soft smile then started combing her hair out in the water. Savannah had seen Kayden’s ears a few days after she had first rescued the wolf, when she was tending to her. At that point Kayden had been too weak, and Savannah had cared for her like a mother should, even though she barely knew the young girl. Even then she had called Kayden’s wolf ears adorable, saying they fit her perfectly.

"If you go with them, they will see these eventually," Annah spoke quietly, "You are always welcome to come with me, but I'll understand if you choose your sister. Please think long and hard about what you want Kayden."

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

The wolf grinned, barking as she lifted off. He was light, barely weighing her down as her strong muscles pushed them through the trees, allowing them to weave rapidly. Shaking her head, the wolf tugged at their connection, knowing mates could communicate, much alike their kind could communicate between the network of wolves.

‘No no he wouldn’t, but I love it.’ She thought, curious if he could hear them. As they neared the city, the girl slowed and shook her head out. She looked down, lifting her claws as the girl readied to stealth her way throughout the shadows. Lunar’s paws danced throughout the broken concrete, over the twigs and sweeping past the crunchy leaves as she carried her mate throughout the beginning of the city. Slowly, the wolf lowered them both into a mostly dried out river bed, looking up at him before she dumped him into the drying mud. Dropping herself, the wolf rolled, allowing the dryish mud to lightly coat her fur before she nudged him again. Sinking her body down, the wolf allowing the protesting man back onto her back, covered in a thin layer of dusty mud himself. Swiftly, the girl followed a regularly taken path down the river bed, further into the city before she slunk back up the aged concrete and into the city further. Pushing them both to the side of the city rubble, the girl weaved while hiding from the creatures afoot. With only half an hour of dancing around the city, the girl found her way to a destroyed home, the pillars from within half hanging out the destruction of the crumbling home. Sniffing around, the girl followed the scent towards a small teddy, propped up against the side of the house beside a large hole into the building. Picking it up tenderly within her jaws, the wolf slowly turned and made her way throughout the streets.

As the streets grew quiet, the wolf stopped, sniffing the air as it stiffened and grew with rot. Turning her head, the wolf nudged her mate and handed him the teddy as she sniffed the air, pawing silently at the ground before she jumped to the side, narrowly missing a large scythe like hand. Twitching her nose, she snarled and looked around quickly.

‘I’m not sure if you can hear me… But hold on tightly if you can.’ She thought, darting outwards and through a tiny alley, weaving through the homes as the creature slithered throughout the destruction.

mt5.jpg

Eli couldn’t help the chuckle out of his mouth, the deep sound rumbling within his broad chest.

“Too bad – You don’t own the Halfling, the Halfling owns you. And your just too good to give up.” He grinned, still looking up as they spoke, watching their surroundings as he carried her gently.

“I’m good enough you came back, so your list isn’t as important.” He grinned, looking down at her with gleaming emerald eyes.

“And we already know Braxton doesn’t compete.” He chuckled shaking his head as he looked back upwards.

"I'll forever own you boy," she rolled her eyes, "But for your precious dignity we'll pretend I'm your toy. I love roleplaying with you anyways handsome. And as for that list, I find it rather important. What if I want a taste of one of my other top five? How do you even know your number one, and not someone else? And believe it or not I can't compare Braxton...he's the only man to ever turn little ol' me down."

large.jpg

She seemed amused at his pouting, taking off into the trees. As they reached the edge of the city she glanced back at him and Xael wrinkled his nose back at her, wondering what she was thinking.

She took off once more, travelling with more grace and speed than he could ever feat. They stopped only momentarily to mask their scents in mud and then off they went again. She retrieved a teddy bear -of all things- and turned to head back.

But as the streets grew quiet, Luna slowed and Xael stiffened, both of them sniffing the air. The teddy bear was entrusted to him as she sniffed around, being extra careful.Suddenly a scythe like hand slashed down, barely missing them as Luna danced out of the way, snarling. Xael struggled to hold on, almost off balance but righting himself quickly. As she took off though, he caught a glance from her again, something passing in her eyes making him think she was trying to speak to him. He held on tightly with one arm, squeezing the bear with the other. While Luna darted through the streets, Xael tried to remain balanced and keep a hold on the bear.

Without warning Luna side stepped around a pile of blocks and jumped back into her space, bouncing Xael. His slip on the bear loosened and he fumbled, trying to regain hold of it. Worried about the item she needed, he let his grip around her neck loosen too much and one jolt sent him flying off of her, hitting the ground roughly. The teddy bear had remained in his position, luckily, but Luna had to turn back for him now as he picked himself up off the broken concrete.

The scythe like hand flashed again in front of him, catching him off guard so he only had seconds to move. He dodged left and tried to roll, but the blade caught his ankle, cutting his skin and sending him crashing back down.

"Fuck off," he swore, ignoring the pain and pushing himself up and away from the beast, towards his returning mate.

mt5.jpg

“Mmm We’ll let you think that.” He chuckled, shaking his head softly as he looked down at her.

“And I love when you sing.” He added softly, his stunning emerald eyes beaming down at her, fully focused on her.

“You can taste one of your other top five, but at the end of the day, you better come back to me.” He lifted a brow as Eli looked back up while he winded around the trees slowly.

“Damn, a man to turn down your sexy ass?” He chuckled. “Must be gay.” Elis laugh was hard, ringing throughout the trees as he rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“Because it’s been 30 years and you came back to me. That’s how I can guess.” He added.

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

By Xael’s scrambling and sudden unexpected reactions to her turns, he couldn’t understand her. Their connection was different out of the typical mating preferences, but as far as she knew it worked the same. Her claws dug into the cement, her muscles launching her sleek and stunning form throughout the air to curl around Xael. Barking, the wolf backed up infront of him while the creature stood before them. Lunars head craned up as he body crouched low, her blood boiling as she snarled. Launching sideways, the wolf distracted the creature while narrowly missing a clawed hand swiftly soaring throughout the air. Jumping around it, she growled and crouched before launching herself forward and sinking her teeth into the creatures arm. Pulling downwards, the creature screeched as she weighed it down, her teeth easily snapping through the rotting flesh to leave the limb twitching on the ground. Out lashed a hand, the wolf lowering herself to feel the blade of its opposite hand narrowly slide by her skin. Pushing herself upwards, the wolf snarled and the creature screamed out, the sound piercing the wolfs sensitive ears and leaving a loud ringing within them. The blackened wolf shook her head, wining as she pawed at her face just before something solid slammed into the front of her. Skidding to the side, the wolf looked up and rolled quickly as the beasts scythe dug into the hardened cement, leaving the creature defenseless. Soaring up, the wolf jumped onto the beasts arm and launched herself forward, Lunar’s oozing teeth clamping around the jugular of the beast. It started with a scream and quickly gurgled down, it’s snake like body sinking to the ground as the wolf shook her head viciously. The wolf clamped down again, shaking her head as her body came crashing down with it. Swinging out, she swiftly missed the creature falling ontop of her. Baking up on its back, Lunar snapped at the air, whining as her mouth and chest burned, blood filling her mouth as her gums openly bled. Sinking her head into the soft back of the creature, Lunar pawed at her jaw as she shook the top of her head into it. It’s acidic blood burned her insides, her teeth feeling like they were slowly grinding down as it ate away for several minutes before the effects slowly faded. Standing weakly, the creature lowered herself before moving to her mate, nudging him and lowering her body beside him.

She growled darkly as he protested, but quickly stopped and climbed on, unwilling to start a fight as he cuddled the small worn out teddy. Bolting through the city, Lunar avoided the heavily congested areas, seeing several creatures but leaving them in her dust as she made her way.

Quickly closing into the forest, Lunar dropped to allow Xael off, pain still throbbing through her mouth and chest as her body began to slowly heal from the battle, her teeth worn for now while her gums and chest stopped bleeding. Nuzzling Xael softly, the girl lowered her body as pain started as a heat within her bones and slowly enveloped her as she changed.

Laying in the dirt, Lunar looked up at Xael, her human teeth untouched as her transformation fixed her teeth, but left the large scab down her neck and right breast.

“Sorry… Didn’t mean for such a rough ride…” She mumbled tiredly, her bare form standing to curl her arms up and around his back. Curling her head into Xaels chest, she listened to his breathing.

"My voice could be better, if I used it more," she mused, smiling at his compliment, "I haven't sang to anyone in years..."

She caught his eyes staring and her voice died, her heart pounding at the sultry, excited look in his eyes she so rarely saw. He held her gaze for a few second then returned to gazing around, and she let herself breathe.

"He's definitely not gay," she arched an eyebrow, able to see the group in the distance now, "Your ex-toy proves that all on her own. Not that it matters, I lost interest years ago. And exactly Eli...thirty years. That's a long time to go without your fine ass. I had to find some form of entertainment. Perhaps I did find a replacement?"

Her laugh felt forced then, her heart stammering. She had found a replacement in a sense... and so much more. But she couldn't let him see that, Elijah's ego would drop her so fast if she admitted for a while he had been bumped off the list. Braxton knew what had happened...and he had the decency to keep Australia to himself.

Her mind wandered back to those years, under the hot sun, riding horses down the coasts. Her lover at her side, racing her stallion with his. She had spent years with that man, her gentle and loyal lover. And than he had gone out for a hunt and never returned, killed by the monstrous beasts in the outback. Word got around of his death, but no living soul knew of her involvement with him.

Reyn shook her head roughly, tossing the memories away. That had been five years ago, and she had a new arm candy to keep her mind occupied. I'm over him...I've been over him for years. It's just the feelings you crave Reyn...the emotions you once felt and want to feel again. I got to keep it together. I'm not Ash, and he isn't Brax. This isn't some sap story.

"Are you going to carry me right into camp?" she asked, switching gears.

Back
Top Bottom