Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Her eyes widened, the man kissing her nose sweetly as he looked calmly down on her. His words made the wolf tilt her head, looking at him questioningly until his lips gently pressed against hers. The girls eyes fluttered closed and the sensation of butterflies flittering around her stomach made her press her lips against his in return.

The two sat for a little while, Xael allowing her to wait until her tears cleared up and all evidence disappeared. When they regrouped, they found themselves back on the road, slowly finding their way to their destination.

large.jpg

The day moved along without any new developments, the road long and bare. As dusk came they found a spot on the side of the road to camp, and Xael offered to collect wood alongside Ashlin and Reyn.

“I’ll be back soon,” he murmured to Luna, kissing her head, “Save me a spot beside yours to sleep tonight angel.”

The three of them tromped off, waiting until they were well out of hearing distance, and then a few minutes after that before speaking.

“Think she has any clue?” Reyn asked, filling her arms with branches and twigs.

“I sure hope not,” Xael laughed nervously, “Are you still okay to do this Ash?”

She shrugged, “Doesn’t hurt to practise my magic a little. Although I’m still unsure why you want to do it out here…now.”

“He doesn’t want to wait any longer,” Reyn smiled, “Have you seen that woman? I can’t blame Xael. She’s gorgeous.”

“And the forest is her home,” Xael added, “I want her to be as comfortable and relaxed as possible.”

“Romantic suck,” Ash teased, but relaxed her shoulders, “Well if you are going all out on this, let’s make sure to go absolutely…all…out.”

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

Reyn returned to the group half an hour later, making up an excuse about them running into a few deer and Ash and Xael wanting to hunt down dinner.

“I’m not sure when they’ll be back but at least we will get dinner,” Reyn smiled, dropping down between Jay and Eli, content to be shared by both men, “Does anyone know how to start a fire?”

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

While she kept them distracted and unaware, Ash and Xael finished up on the final touches, and Xael did a quick dry run through his head to make sure nothing is missing.

“So we are clear on how my magic works,” Ashlin exclaimed, standing with him in the trees, “Once I cast it, there is a certain amount of time before it just evaporates. Depending on the spell, the result can last shorter or longer.”

“I just need a couple hours,” Xael replied, wringing his hands nervously, “I just…need everything to go well.”

“It will,” she promised smiling at him, “Oh my god Xael, she will love it. I sure would.”

“Braxton hasn’t done anything for you?” he teased, raising an eyebrow.

“Mind blowing sex all night is enough for me,” Ash laughed back, “Plus his constant support and attention. What more could a girl ask for?”

They both chuckled before setting off towards the camp. The walk was a quiet one, turning deadly silent as they kept far enough off to keep Luna unaware. When they were in position, Ash gave Xael one more look.

“Ready?”

“Bring it witch.”

~~

Ashlin raced into the camp, practically falling over panting. Everyone was on their feet in seconds.

“We…ran…into…a…beast,” she breathed, leaning on her knees, “But…we…got…away.”

“I thought you were hunting deer?” Reyn asked, looking into the trees, “And where’s Xael?”

“Behind me…” Ashlin’s voice died as she looked behind her, her eyes growing wide, “No…no he was behind me. He told me to run, that he’d keep up!”

Braxton pulled her into his arms, as her head cracked back and forth looking for him, “He was just there.”

“Maybe you two got separated,” Reyn sounded nervous, folding herself into Elijah, “Just pray it doesn’t come this way.”

Suddenly there was a crackling in the distance and a loud yelp that made everyone jump. Silence ensued then an ear splitting scream that made Ashlin’s stomach dropped. Before anyone could react, Luna dashed into the trees, not pausing to look back.

Jay, Braxton, and Elijah bounced forward to run too but Ash and Reyn turned on them quickly, pausing their efforts. They said nothing, holding their hands up and silencing them until they were sure Luna couldn’t hear them.

“It’s a trick,” Ash explained quietly, looking at the three men, “We will explain…”

large.jpg

This thing was massive, and annoying. Ashlin had conjured it so he had something to fight and trick Luna to split from the group and come find him. What he hadn’t been counting on was it fighting him, and putting up a good fight at that. Still, he threw a few punches, got a few knife jabs in, and the beast was down for the count. In the distance he heard her running towards him, and he called out to her.

“Don’t change!” he yelled, “Luna I’m okay!”

She’d still come and check, and find the dead beast to her relief…but no Xael. Quietly he snuck off, knowing she’d follow her nose to find him. He walked a mile than stopped, listening to her get closer.

She called out his name and he responded, stating he was still fine but he had gotten himself stuck.

“Can you come help me? My foot is caught in some damn trap?” he called out, taking more steps back.

He’d continue this game of hide and seek until they reached the destination he’d picked out

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Their panic was enough to set her off. Her heart pounded, and the girl leapt over low branches while smaller twigs snapped at her, catching her percaline skin as she frantically made her way to him.

“Xael!” She screamed, beginning to strip her clothes as she readied to change when he called out. His voice tamed her inner panic, her heart still leaping as her overly wide eyes searched for him.

“Oh god Xael where are you?” She called, her voice filled with concern as she panted, still running towards the sound of his voice. As she continued to search for him his voice kept fading, his figure seemingly moving.

“Xael, this isn’t funny!” She called, picking up on the same musky scent that she couldn’t even begin to get enough of. She picked up her pace, still frantic for the man as she continued to track him.

large.jpg

"I'm not laughing," he called back, stifling a chuckle, "Your almost at me. These trees are everywhere!"

He had to keep moving, as she quickly narrowed down the distance between them. Soon enough she'd guess he was playing a game, so he had made sure to set everything up close enough that she'd still be in a dizzy when she found him.

Seconds later he strolled into a clearing, his eyes surveying the precise work Ashlin had done. Luna wouldn't see it until she came into the clearing, the magic created like a bubble taking up the whole grassy area.

He turned and spotted her red-head bobbing through the trees. As he saw her, so did she and her pace slowed but didn't stop. Not till she was with him. Like I hoped.

She broke through the trees and instantly the world around them faded away. The sounds of the forest died in turn for a soft, calming melody that played all around them. Above them was a white canopy, lined with small lanterns that shone all around them. To his right was a large table, filled with an assortment of meats, fruits, cheeses, breads, and wines. Behind him the canopy's corner swung down to the ground and where it connected with the grass was a huge red rug, piled with pillows and soft duvets made of silk, all in different colors.

And Xael had changed too. With the sun gone he no longer needed a hood, and he had lost his armor for a well tailored black suit with tie, something only seen on the richest men.

"A night fit for my queen," he spoke softly, seeing her silver eyes wide as saucers and taking her hands, "And a dress fit for one too."

The remnants of Luna's clothing had disappeared and in its place was a floor length strapless deep red gown with black lace covering it in intricate patterns. The front of the dress cut out at her thigh, swooping down at the sides of her legs to the floor and fanning behind her feet. Her usual boots were gone, but in their place was a small black chain the held her big toe and ran up and around her ankle on each foot. She was his beautiful modern Cinderella, from the books he had read as a kid.

"You look absolutely dazzling," he breathed, twirling her in a circle, "Tonight's all about you, my Luna."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She didn’t understand it… He was telling her that she was almost there, but how could he know…? Before she could question it her form leaped gracefully out of the trees and into a small clearing as she ran up to him. As soon as she’d reached him the whole area faded away, even her clothes began to felt different. She looked up at him, her arms reaching out to inspect him personally.

“You’re not hurt??” She checked, before she fully noticed everything had changed. Her silver eyes looked around, bewildered as he spoke to her. The whole area was…. Stunning. Looking around, the wolf’s eyes brimmed with tears, her hand reaching up to brush them away before looking at Xael. Xael’s warm hands took hers, her heart leaping at each brush of his skin. Tear’s slid down her cheeks, both eyes staring in awe at the man.

She opened her mouth, but no words came to mind, he’d left her speechless. The beauty of not just the area… But the effort he’d taken for this… For her. Reaching up, the only thing she could do was rest her hand behind his neck, reaching up on her tip toes to kiss him passionately.
--

large.jpg

He wrapped his arms around her thin waist and swung her around in a circle, sweeping her into a slow dance. Her face sat softly on his chest as they danced around the open clearing, under the canopy, until the song died and a new one begin.

Xael then led her to the table, sitting her down in a throne like wooden chair and taking a seat opposite her.

"I know you can eat," he smiled, "So I got Ash to choose the food, since she has an appetite too. There's fruits...cheeses...breads...boar...chicken... sausage...roast beef..."

While he listed off things he pointed at them, grinning from ear to ear. Xael's eyes couldn't leave her breathtaking beauty, watching the woman of his dreams fill her plate.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

As he wrapped his arms around her, everything fit in. She fit perfectly to him, and he completed that part of her in which she’d never of dreamed to have. Her eye lids fluttered as he gracefully swung her around, moving her beaded feet with his. Her heart skipped a beat and her arms held onto him and she laid against his chest. As the song ended, he sweeped her off to a table, fit for only the richest. Looking at him she batted her eyelash’s, her hand reaching out to rest on his jawline tenderly.

“Xael?” Her voice so smooth and soft, even her ears clung to the words.

“Your beauty leaves me speechless.” She smiled, both silver eyes beaming at him. She couldn’t take her eyes off of him, even the stunning feast wasn’t as appetizing as the man before her. He gestured to the food, and the girl began to load up both of their plates.

“Jeeze, Ash is trying to fatten me up here.” She giggled, bouncing up to jump into Xaels lap, holding up various meats as she fed him.

large.jpg

He accepted the food she fed him, nibbling at her fingers and making her giggle.

"Well I guess we are both stunningly beautiful people," he chuckled, bouncing her on his lap, "What do you think about all this angel? I hope it wasn't too much."

He tossed a grape in her mouth, then bent to kiss her bare neck, leaving a trail of kisses along her collarbone, making her moan slightly. Holding on to her he lifted them both, food forgotten and swept her back into a dance, this time with her feet off the ground. When the song ended he set her to her feet but continued dancing, enjoying how perfectly she fit in his embrace.

"Tell me when you get tired of dancing," he murmured, "I'll follow your lead baby...forever."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Her smile only brightened.

“No where near as beautiful as you my dearest Xael.” Her golden flecked eyes glowed with passion, her eyes unable to leave his as they sat cheerfully within thrones meant for kings and queens. His touch lit her skin, pulling her forward as soft moans left her throat before he lifted her. A soft pleased squeal left her lips as he lifted her into a dance, her feet never once touching the ground for the duration of the song.

“I think this is breath taking.” She replied sweetly, her hand behind his neck tracing random designs on his skin as she peered deeply into his soul-reflecting green eyes.

“I couldn’t think of an anything more perfect than this moment right here, right now.” She cooed as they swung around softly within the lanterns light.

“I could do this for the rest of my life.” She breathed.

large.jpg

"We have all night my little wolf," he grinned, swinging her around into another dance.

They danced until their breath was labored, and Xael swept her up into his arms, lying her gently on the pile of soft pillows and silk blankets. He turned to the table, scooping up their plates and lying down beside her, feeding her pieces of cheese and bread.

"Eat up sweetheart," he gobbled down a piece of watermelon, licking his fingers, "Now, my Luna...what would you like to do next?"

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

“Why not eternity?” She breathed, her eyes never once leaving his.

As the night ticked on, they’d found themselves enveloped within the pillows, bot infatuated with each other to no end. As he fed her sweets, she held out pieces of meats and different delectable fruits for him. Her hand moved up, her nails trailing up his arm as she pulled his finger tips to her mouth. Licking them tenderly, the girl kept both her stunning silver eyes looking up at him under thick, long lash’s while her tongue massaged his fingers teasingly.

“I could tell you a dozen things at the least that I’d like to do.” She replied sweetly, his fingertips resting against her suckle lips.

large.jpg

"The night is ours," he leaned into the pillows, comfortable, "There are many things I would like to do too. Firstly is peel that beautiful dress off, so I can finally drink in every inch of you."

"Secondly," he turned over, his hand snaking around her waist as he pulled her into a long kiss, "I want to make you mine. And only mine."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Her lash’s batted and a golden glow began to overtake her silver orbs. Xael leaned in, and kissed her. Every part of her melding to him; like 2 half’s of a whole. He completed her to every extent possible, and she completed him.

“For the rest of our lives?” She whispered softly against his lips, her hands sliding to rest gently against his chest as every part of her screamed yes. Screamed to give herself completely and fully to him.

large.jpg

"Lunar Deth," he whispered against her lips, "In the matter of a week you have captured my heart and soul. You are the most intriguing person I've ever met. I want to be able to wake up to that smile every morning, and fall asleep with you safely in my arms every night. I need you in my life, for eternity."

He pressed into her, feeling her shiver under him, "I'm completely smitten with you, my not so little wolf. Every day I fall harder and faster for you. My Luna...I love you."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

He made her melt, her insides turning endlessly at his words. Her hand trailed down his chest and stomach, slowly and teasingly sliding under his shirt to place her hand against his stomach. His touch was electrifying, She launched herself forward, plunging herself into a soul touching kiss as her hand slid up his skin further.

“Show me.” She whispered against his lips, her lash’s fluttering across his cheeks.

large.jpg

Their night had been more than amazing, it had blissful perfection. When Xael woke he was still on the pile of pillows and blankets, with Luna sleeping in the crook of his arm. She was now his everything, and just saying those words had felt so right. For the first time in a long time, his life felt whole. Pulling the soft duvet farther up his bare chest, he listened to Luna's soft breaths as she slept, staring up at the canopy above him. The table and food were gone now, as well as the lanterns...they had been products of magic. The food had been slightly harder for Ash to produce, but she came through. Some poor nearby inn or shop was missing all this food though, as she explained. It was completely worth it in Xael's mind.

His peaceful morning was shattered by the sound of footsteps closing in, someone getting near the clearing. With as much gentleness as possible, he slipped away from his wolf and got dressed, unable to move away from the canopy without his hood up. The footsteps were almost at the clearing, moving quicker now, giving Xael only a moment to kiss Luna's head and wake her softly.

The trees rustled and Xael whipped around to see Jay, looking more than furious.

J~
a0a8a6001636a4d7cca1199b188cf7c6.jpg

He was fuming. All the wolf could see was red as he made his way towards their get away. Their scent tangled together disturbingly. What had she done? His muscles rippled and his heavily built body refused transformation as he barged into the clearing.

“What the FUCK Man. That’s my fucking sister you piece of fucking blood sucking shit.” He spat, his hands balled up into fists, his nails drawing blood from his palms.

large.jpg

"Back off," Xael growled, stepping between Luna's sleeping body and Jay's, "You have no right barging in on us. Let your sister sleep, and save your bitching for later."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She stirred softly, her eyes fluttering open to the very base of her soul. A smile pulled at her lush lips and her hand reached up to stroke his cheek.

“Hello my love.” She purred, just as he swiftly jolted from her. Her golden eyes searched, a grogginess clouding her vision with the light airiness of the scene. But as soon as she’d awoken, had a sneaking pain ran up her spine, screaming across the field.

--
J~

Jay shook his head, still taking heavy steps towards Xael before stepping up to him. The man stood chest to chest with Xael, glaring ever so slightly down.

“You piece of fucking shit… You don’t possibly know what you’ve just done to her.” He roared, his canines growling rapidly as the raw bands of muscle within his arms flexed.

large.jpg

"Back. The. Fuck. Off!" Xael snapped, biting each word down as he felt Jay hit him in the chest.

He felt it before he heard her breathe quicken, a pull in him telling Xael that Luna was awake, and looking for him in her groggy state. Ignoring the swearing werewolf, Xael took two steps back and knelt beside her while simultaneously picking up her slender hand and kissing it.

"Good morning my queen," he whispered, soft and warm to her before adding in a much louder voice to Jay, "See? She's perfectly fine. I'd never harm her."

J~

It only took him a fraction of a second to reach out, gripping the back of the mans neck to rip him away from her. His golden eyes glared at him as he stood in front of his sister, ready to turn at any moment to rip the mans head off his shoulders.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Like that, he was back to her in her vision. She smiled softly leaning in to kiss him sweetly just as he was violently ripped away from her.

A scene had developed, leaving her golden eyes to adjust to the violence around her. For once in her life, a sense of ease dropped over her, while she had always embraced the pain, she only felt the sheer need to step in to protect her mate from her blood.

Bones broke, and a coolness slipped over her muscles as she allowed her beast to take control. Swatting out, the alpha snarled viciously down at him, her blackened and blood stained fur seeming to glow under the whiteness of the canopy. Her body moved to stand in front of her mate, her body crouching down as she exposed the pink flesh of her gums, allowing her full, and viciously large canines to glimmer in the man’s face. He stood, daring her until her blood hungry eyes stared him down, the wolf lowering to his knees unwillingly under her command.

large.jpg

She was breathtaking. For the first time Xael saw her in her wolf form, and it left him speechless. She was large, with shaggy but silky black hair and bloodred fur on her paws, tail and muzzle. She stood between him and Jay, and Xael watched as the command of the Alpha in her overpowered any impulsion in Jay.

Slowly he stood up, brushing himself off and stepping to her side, his hand slipping into the fur around her neck and resting there. He watched the proceedings silently, knowing that he had no part in what passed between Jay and Luna.

After a minute of standing off, Xael looked down at his mate, smiling at her, "Has anyone ever told you how breathtaking your beauty is?"

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

One loud, bone churning bark left her muzzle to the man kneeling before her before she turned her head, nudging the man softly and licking his face ever so softly. Jay stood before them, grunting and glaring silently at Xael as Lunar’s body slowly leaned down. The creepish sound of breaking bones filled the still air, the girl biting down as each bone resisted this time. Several minutes of pain, left the girl nude, and standing, her attention immediately moving to her mate. Leaning up to kiss him she smiled, Jay grumbling in the background.

“Watch your tone. You will get along with Xael, you Will like him, and you will Not harm him.” She snarled, the man groaning as he turned to start walking back while Lunars hands found Xaels.

“Sorry… He’s protective…” She mumbled softly, embarrassed by the brunette.

large.jpg

"It's all right," he smiled down at her as his fingers caressed hers, "I understand he's worried about you. I didn't mean to snap at him, but he keeps getting on my nerves, trying to start a fight."

He let her get dressed, leaving the blankets and canopy up. Ashlin had promised they would disappear once they left. Once they were both dressed, Xael took her in his arms and nuzzled her hair, breathing her in.

"Moon of my life," he sighed, "I love you."

~~

It wasn't a long walk back to the group, but it was indeed a nerve-racking one for Xael. After Jay's display, Xael wasn't sure what they were walking into. His arm was around her shoulders and he pulled Luna in tighter, already growing protective before they even reached the group.

They broke through the trees and all eyes turned on them, making Xael's stomach drop.

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

What is he getting himself into?

After explaining Xael's plan the night before, Jay had gone off the deep end and flipped, ranting about the ways of werewolves. What she had taken out of it was wolves like Luna and most werewolves mated once for life, and they could never find a second mate if anything happened to the first. As Jay went on, normally werewolves mated each other, so the concept of one mate for life was simple. In his mind, Luna wasn't seeing that Xael couldn't possibly understand the gravity of her situation, and if for any reason the vampire left her, it would destroy her.

Ashlin couldn't deny, Jay had a great point. The two of them had only known each other for at least a week, not anywhere close to long enough to know if they were soulmates or not. He was taking a very risky step if he did go through with it and sleep with the wolf, and the risks were much higher for the young red-head than the blonde vampire.

On the other hand, this was the first relationship she'd ever seen him pursue, and it was obvious they were falling for each other. If things did work out, both of them had just found happiness in a world full of death and sadness.

A rustling in the trees broke through her thoughts and she looked up in time to see Jay storm into camp. They had hindered him from ruining Xael and Luna's night, but at some point early dawn he had slipped out when everyone slept, and Ash hadn't felt the need to chase him down when they did wake to find his spot empty.

Behind the angry wolf stepped Luna and Xael, looking outrageously happy and nervous at the same time, Xael's arm around her protectively. They stopped short just outside the tree line, waiting for the response of the group.

Back
Top Bottom