Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

B~
e2fd6184bc6c7a109903155d6ac99e72.jpg

He couldn’t help the grin from pulling at his full lips, both white eyes following the girl as they wandered upstairs to their room. Xael had been down, something the man could understand as to why, of which he could see bothered Ash. Nudging her softly before they entered their room, he smiled at her trying to help cheer her up. They entered their room, and she excused herself; Leaving Brax to turn around, opening a small drawer silently to pull out several white candles and a lighter. When Ash hadn’t been looking, he’d slipped the hostess at the front door some extra coins when Ash had run off for food.

Dancing around the room, the man placed the sweet smelling candles around the room, lighting them and turning the lights off, the man laid back, slipping his shirt off to help relax as he laid back, waiting for Ash to come out of the bathroom.

After several minutes, the door creaked open, and her breath taking form stepped out. Standing, Braxton’s heart pounded, his breath catching in his throat as he stared at her in awe.

“I can think of a million things I want to do to you” He grinned.

“I mean… With you.” He breathed grinning stepping forward as his hands instinctively rested on her hips. He leaned down, kissing her luscious lips, his fingers massaging her skin while his head slowly sunk down as he moved to kiss the sweet skin along her neck. Braxton stepped back several steps, leading Ash with him as he slowly turned her, pressing her against a wall as one of his hands slipped down her hips, resting on her ass before pulling her leg up softly, leading her leg up his hip while he kissed her neck softly. Braxton’s hand rested under her thigh as he pressed his firm form to her.

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

"I'd rather you do millions of things to me," she breathed across his lips as they broke from a kiss, his hands snaking down her thigh to pull it up across his hip.

With her other leg she pushed off the floor and wrapped both sinewy legs around her muscular form, raking her nails across his dark skin and enjoying the exquisite feel of him. He pressed her harder into the wall, pushing her red laced breasts into his bare chest.

"Brax," she moaned gently as his lips caressed her skin down her neck.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Her eyes watched him, his form moving straight past her and curling up in bed. Her eyes watched him as something on the inside seemed to sink. A perfect little hand reached out, but stopped and retracted. He was mad. He had every right to be mad at her, she’d left him along with the group. Alone with a pissed off Eli. Sighing softly, her shoulders sunk as her body slowly started to turn. Her eyes moved to look outside as she silently raised the window, looking back at him as his perfect form rested. Slinking out the window, the girl jumped down and landed crouching. Slowly she walked back to the forest, allowing her body to flourish with pain, a soft whimper escaping her lips as every bone broke yet again. She laid on the edge of the forest, her broken form transforming slowly within the grass. After what felt like ages, a wolf laid where a girl once did. It’s tongue resting against the ground as she panted heavily. Slowly rising, the wolf looked back at his window for a minute before allowing her body to pace into the forest, seeking a warm place to rest where she couldn’t be seen.

large.jpg

He woke an hour later, shivering like mad. The room was freezing cold and as he stiffly sat up he noticed the one window in the room was wide open.

"What the fuck?" rubbing sleep from his eyes, he looked around for anything out of place, "Luna?"

The room was as he left it, and there was no one else. But the open window was a clear indicator someone had come in...or out. Groaning, he got his sore body up, crossing to the window and taking a deep breath in. Her scent hit him heavily, still fresh. She'd come in while he was sleeping...but then she had left?

Is she mad at me too? Is that why she didn't come back?

The blankets were wrapped around his tall form and he took a seat in the window sill, resting his head on the wooden frame. If she had come in...maybe she'd come back. And hell if he missed her a second time. Slowly Xael drifted off to sleep once more, worried and depressed without his wolf in his arms.

J~
a0a8a6001636a4d7cca1199b188cf7c6.jpg

He’d lead her to his room, his hands pulling her into him as they opened the door. Grinning at Reyn he closed the door behind them before shoving her into a wall, both golden glowing eyes devouring her as he leaned in, pressing his lips to her sweet floral lips. His hands moved up and down her waist, moving with her precious curls as he pushed his well-muscled body against her, every inch of his body touching hers.

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

In a fit of glee she got into his room and was instantly pushed to a wall, his tongue sliding along her lips. She growled and caught a fistful of his hair, pulling his head back and winking at him.

"Safe word is peaches," she giggled, "Now show me how the wolves fuck handsome."

Spinning past him, she pulled one article of clothing off after the next, until she was stark naked, then bounced onto the bed and landed on her knees. Sliding one hand down her tanned skin she beckoned him to join her with the other, a devilish grin pulling at her beautiful face.

"I don't do soft," she added in a low, sultry voice as he strolled across the room towards her.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Her name hit her sensitive ears, even with the distance between her body and the inn Xael rested. He’d woken up and caught her scent. The girl stirred slightly, her body buried within a pile of leaves and dirt as she camouflaged herself in with her surroundings.

Lifting her heavy head, the blood stained wolf howled, the sound chilling the already cold night air, ringing through the valley with the force of a hundred wolves. Lowering her head again, she closed her eyes to try to rest, images of Xael behind her eyelids.

J~
a0a8a6001636a4d7cca1199b188cf7c6.jpg

Grinning, the man licked his lips. She was sweet. It hadn’t been surprising, she was a siren so sex was an obviously blissful thing. Her safe word made him grin, a thump in the room next to them, quickly followed by a form of screaming and moaning. Eli trying to drown them out obviously. As Reyn made her way to the bed, the man removed his clothing, allowing his naked form to stand before her before he wandered up. Grabbing a handful of hair, he flipped her onto her stomach, as he pulled her hair back growling.

“Good, because you won’t be able to stand in the morning.” He grinned, as his hands gripped her hips before the night faded to nothing but sweat and pleasure.

Ashlin stumbled out of the room, Braxton in tow, as they both wandered down for breakfast. Last night had been incredible.

"The way you tore apart my lingerie," she whispered in glee, winking up at her man standing beside her.

The night had sped by, and dawn had approached way too quickly. Still, they had gotten quite a few rounds in, including a few experimental ones with her magic. Just thinking about those ones made her cheeks heat up.

As they entered the main floor, Ash spotted Elijah right away, sulking over an alcoholic drink at a table. They joined him, both of them beaming as he picked his gaze up off the table.

"Morning," she chirped, waving at one of the waitress' to order, "How was your night Eli? We barely heard a peep from your room."

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

"Oh I heard something," Reyn's voice giggled, the siren flunking down in a seat beside Ashlin, pulling Jay in beside her, "Someone was really wanting peaches last night Eli, hmm?"

E~
hottest-tattooed-male-models43-e1408993262331.jpg

This morning sucked already. The sun hadn’t even fully risen and it was miserable. While the waitress had cooed at him, giving him an odd look as he cooly brushed her off and gave her a stone cold response for an aged whiskey. She hadn’t protested, her form standing up with discomfort to his response. When the drink arrive he tossed several coins.

“I want the bottle.” He commanded, his natural darkness seeping from every cord of his voice. Her body shivered, he could see it as she pulled back and squeaked out a response. Her body bolting towards the bar as he simply stewed down into his drink.

As the girls sat next to him, both blackish green eyes moved and blankly stared at them.

“Fine.” He spat, his eyes glaring at Reyn before he moved his head forwards, the quarter full cup quickly sliding down his throat as the waitress slid over, handing him a bottle before quickly stepping away, her body showing her terror towards the man.

Grabbing the bottle, Eli poured it into his small glass, his hand slipping into his jacket and pulling out a worn little box. Pulling out a cigarette, the man lit up, allowing the smoke to billow into his lungs as the girls giggled beside him. It was going to be a long day… He already knew that.

large.jpg

Xael was the last one to the table, pulling his groggy body downstairs and barely muttering a word until he got to the bar and ordered a coffee. Mug in hand he found a seat beside Elijah who looked as unimpressed as Xael did, except he was sure it was for largely different reasons.

He caught a look from Ash, raising her eyebrow and asking silently if Luna had returned. The fact that she had, then left...it had sunk to the pit of his stomach and made him ache. Whether it was a flat-out rejection, or just rethinking things was still up in the air though. Xael shook his head ever so slightly to Ash's gaze, telling her Luna hadn't returned.

He took two large swigs and the coffee helped him wake up more. As his senses came alive he caught her scent...and was shocked to smell Luna on the staircase, coming down. As she appeared the pit in his stomach grew and the uneasy depressed thoughts pulled him down. She was here...but not with me. She had a room and chose to leave mine, and found another's.

Am I that replaceable?

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She smoothed her clothes, leaving her coat upstairs and sticking to her form fitting black and red corset, and leather pants with bare feet. She raked her talon through her eye catching blood-red hair, large twigs and leaf’s falling as she quietly growled to herself. That was the only downside to sleeping outside… Her hair always ended up with bugs, leaves, twigs, and the occasional forest critter. She wasn’t even paying attention to them, she was too caught up in her own hair, only following her nose until she bumped into someone. Looking down she began to apologize, but the words caught in her throat as Xael’s eyes looked up at her. The look he’d given her was enough to break her heart.

“Good morning handsome.” Her chime-like voice was soft, her silver eyes looking at him with concern. As his eyes stared back at her, last night hit her like a truck. He’d walked right past her, bare and exposed to him, and he’d walked past her like she didn’t matter… Like she didn’t even exist. Slowly, she pulled a chair out, looking down at her hands, now on the table as she thought silently.

large.jpg

He couldn't get a word out, as she accidentally ran into him and called him handsome. She promptly found a seat and refused to look at him, making his thoughts spiral all the more.

Where the hell did I go wrong?

Was it Elijah?

Why'd she go back to that dick over me?

Jay? Was is Jay?

Why is she doing this to me?

"I'm not hungry," he snapped, standing suddenly and startling the table.

He hadn't meant to snap, but his thoughts were muddled and his chest was constricted, and Xael just really wanted to be far away from those silver eyes refusing to give him the time of day. He apologized and snuck back upstairs, locking the door once more after himself. Minutes later a quiet knock at the door had him groaning, but the voice on the other side of the door wasn't Luna's.

"Let me in," Ash asked softly, "As your friend, I want to know what's wrong."

"How'd you know anything is wrong?" he asked as he unlocked and swung the door open wide.

"You look haunted, depressed, and tired," she pointed out the obvious, "And you and Luna aren't discreet when you practically bolted from her. What's going on?"

Bringing her into the room, he closed the door once more, leaving it unlocked this time as they took seats on the bed. Xael explained his side of the story, ending in a quiet voice with his hands in his lap as he stared at them.

"Maybe she came back in here looking for you," Ash tried, "Or you just missed her or something. Do you really think she cheated on you?"

"Can't really be cheating when we never actually spoke about being a couple in the first part. I've been so slow and patient, walking on eggshells to keep her around. Maybe that was my problem. I was too soft?"

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

His form promptly moved up, leaving her form to both jump and squeak. Her eyes widened and she watched him storm away with wide glassy eyes. Her eyes began to move back down to her hands but Jay’s golden orbs caught hers. His eyes moved towards the stairs, leaving the girl to sigh and stand. She was ready to hear it… He wasn’t interested, and he wanted nothing to do with her. Like that, her heart sunk further, his steps silent as she made her way to his room.

Her hand, inches from the door knob stopped as her ears twitched, Xael’s voice speaking of her unfaithfulness. Her stomach tightened, her blood feeling thick as it pumped through her veins. She stayed quiet, listening as tears began to fall down her flawless cheeks.

large.jpg

"You weren't too soft," Ash placed her hand on one of his, speaking softly.

"Then what?" Xael asked, exasperated, "What am I doing wrong?"

"Nothing...maybe if you talk to her-"

"She came in my room last night while I was sleeping," Xael cut in, "And she left. I woke up and I could smell her and she just left. She was gone all of yesterday, and when she had a chance to see me she decided to find someone else to sleep with instead. Not to mention when I tried to help yesterday she just rolled me off her shoulders like nothing."

"Xael," Ashlin spoke calmly but sternly, "Yesterday morning was chaotic, and everyone was on edge. You can't blame her for any of that. And maybe she needed to run of that chaos."

"For an entire day?"

"I don't know. And...and how are you sure she slept with another guy?"

Xael tried to speak then but his voice shook so hard it broke, "She came downstairs this morning...and she wasn't in my room. A-and there is no scent of her in here. What did I do Ash?"

His voice dropped to barely a whisper, his throat constricted with his flurry of emotions raging through him, "She's the best thing that has ever happened to me."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Her hand shook above the door knob as the wolf stared down, ready to slip away, a door behind her opened. As the door opened a woman slipped out of her room, a harsh gust of wind opening the seemingly closed door Lunar was stood before. Xael was sitting on the bed, Ashlin’s hand over his as she tried consoling him that the read head wasn’t cheating.

The wolf couldn’t decide if she was more angry or hurt that he would assume that. If he bothered to think, she had been naked the day before hand. But before the girl could conceal it, her torn emotion’s showed plain across her face. With that, her emotions twitched to one side, leaving the red head to walk in and stop in front of him for a moment before her hand lashed out.

The sick sound of Lunar’s hand against Xael’s face rung through the room, the halls, and the entire inn.

“That’s for walking past me when I was naked in your bedroom!” Her sweet suckle voice broke, tears streaming down her cheeks before she could turn. Her slender form bolted from the room, down the stairs and out the door, and to the edge of the forest before her knees gave out. Her hands flew downwards, bracing her fall as soft sobs raked her throat. Pain throbbed through her palms, scratched from the fall, but the girl ignored it, her tears dripping into the earth below her.

"Fucking bitch!" Ashlin swore, her hand flying away from Xael in the face of the confrontation.

She knew the words coming out of the werewolf's mouth were for Xael only, but Ashlin was pissed that this woman had the audacity to hit him. She jumped up, ready to confront Luna, but the girl was already bolting out of the room, angry and upset. Before she could utter a word to Xael he was taking off after her, leaving Ashlin alone in the room.

"Fucking relationships," she sighed, exiting the guest room and returning to the table where her food and coffee sat, and a smiling Braxton.
"I'm not dealing with other people's drama today okay?" she muttered, shaking her head as she dug in to her food.

large.jpg

Sharp pain stung his face, Luna's sudden appearance brief and harsh. Her words rang in his ears as he chased her out, acting on instinct and nothing else. He stopped short as she dropped to the dirt, tears splashing the ground.

"I spent an entire day without you, walking in the hot sun, listening to Eli bitch and the couples flirt...so I was fucking tired," he exclaimed, not ready to touch her yet for fear of being thrown away from her, "I don't remember seeing you last night. What I do remember was waking up and smelling you, and spending the rest of the night at that window, waiting for you. But then, you were too busy using someone else's room."

You're being a little too harsh, some voice in his head warned but he ignored it. He stood, his fists shaking as he wanted to hold her till her tears stopped, and yet wanted to cry himself for how lost she made him feel.

"The slap was uncalled for," he muttered, closing his eyes and trying to calm himself.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She sat quietly, her tears still streaming down her face. She’d ripped herself nearly to shreds, killed more than she could count between other wolves and beasts, nearly died in several quests, and never once had she shed a tear. Yet a man comes into the picture and he had her in tears at the meer thought he hated her for taking time to run, in which she hadn’t done since before she’d even met him. She’d needed the time, and he’d thought she was off trolipping with some distasteful man.

“I came in to apologize last night and you walked out of the bathroom, past me and laid down, not a word. I slept under a pile of rotten leaves and twigs to stay warm. I doubt you’d like me walking into the inn naked because I left my clothes for my brother to pick up yesterday.” She muttered , her form sitting with her back to him as she stared downwards.

“So much like last night, I climbed the building, crawled through a window so I could come see you for breakfast.” She commented, her voice sounding tired as her eyes remained down.

large.jpg

"I never saw you," he sighed, exasperated, "Not everyone has your amazing senses. And why didn't you just come to bed? You really chose leaves and twigs over a comfy bed because I fell asleep without saying hello?"

She explained the clothes and Xael knelt down, rubbing his temples, "I never saw him grab your clothes either. What I knew was you weren't in my room this morning but you came downstairs fully dressed. What else am I supposed to think Luna? I've only known you for a week. We've barely discussed you. I get your not into reliving history, but you can't go blaming me for not knowing you when I have nothing to work with."

In a quieter voice he added, "I don't even know what we are. If we are anything. You haven't told me what you want out of me. You haven't told me anything."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She listened, her canine sinking into her lip as she listened. She kept forgetting people didn’t hear things like she did, they feeling feel or see things the way she did.

“If you felt someone was mad at you and wanted nothing to do with you because you needed to let off some steam and feed, would you feel like you’re welcome to crawl into bed…?” She whispered, her head turning but her eyes remained forward. If she looked at him, she’d feel that tugging sensation to curl up in his arms.

“I’ve only ever known the forest… I left home when I was… young.” She commented, scratching at the void within her. Her eyes looked down as the girl’s calf’s pressed against the dirt, sliding out so her bottom could rest against the dirt.

“Did you know wolves mate for life…?” She asked, flash’s of her old life returning.

“I’ve lived by that for more years then I can bother to think of.” She commented.

“You’re right… You can’t work off nothing, and I apologize for that.” Her voice got even softer, her glassy eyes making her fear she’d cry again.

“I grew up with one man who I idolized, who told me he loved me more than life itself…” She swallowed, a tear snaking down her cheek. “And then he walked away… He left me to a father who beat my mother… My beautiful mother…” Her voice seemed to grow softer if it was even possible.

“Beat me, and told me I was meant to kill and only kill.” Her words continued.

“I woke one day, I was told the only man I could trust left, and that I was to mate with a Halfling… I was knocked unconscious…” Her words shook as her silver eyes stared off into the forest.

“I was fed a parasite… I lost my white fur… My golden eyes…. It rotted to this inner hatred for life. I no longer saw the beauty, and only death and blood. I saw cruelty and brutality. I…” Her words continued to shake and her words died for a moment. Sinking her claws into the earth, Lunar tried to ground herself as she spoke of unkind times.

“I lost my humanity Xael…. The only wolf that turned to me, was one who I’ve always felt like a brother. A man who has never treated me with any less respect then a younger sister, he helped me when I walked away.” Her words died off for a moment as her thoughts tried to categorize her thoughts.

“When I turn… I strip my clothes, If I turn back to…” Her hand moved up, covered in dirt, motioning to herself. “This… Naked.” She commented softly.

Her head moved forward again, a chill sinking into her skin as she sat quietly.

“I know what I want…” She whispered softly.

“I want you more than I want air itself.” She breathed, closing her eyes as she admitted what her heart sang with every beat.

large.jpg

He took in every word she spoke, and the sadness in his heart turned into sympathy and pain for her, his own fists balling at her words. When she started to break he could no longer withstand the distance and pushed himself closer, pushing a free strand of hair behind her ears.

He waited till she was finished, sucking in his breath at her words. No wonder she didn't want to speak on the matter. And I'm being an ass for pushing her to.

Xael sat down in the dirty grass and pulled her into his lap, cooing at her as he rocked Luna back and forth, letting her calm down.

"I'm sorry baby," he whispered into her hair, "I didn't mean to push you. I didn't know. I'm sorry my little wolf."

She wants to be with you. But she said she mates for life, and she has already had a mate...how badly has that affected her?

He waited till her tears stopped and her breathing calmed for him to return to the subject, "I didn't know wolves mate for life Luna. I know so little about werewolves to be honest. You are the first one I've been fortunate enough to know. I have to ask...if you-you were in love with another man...does that mean you cannot love again?"

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Her body stiffened for a moment as he moved her. She hadn’t been ready for the shift as her hands were de-rooted from the earth. As quickly as she stiffened her body relaxed as he balled her up within his arms, the strange gesture comforting to the young red head. Tears dripped slowly from her bold silver eyes while her breathing was shaky.

“We do…” She mumbled, her eyes still looking down at the dirt with sorrow.

His question shocked her enough that her eyes looked up at him.

“I’ve never been mated Xael… “ She whispered her words slowing as she tried to find the right wording.

“Just because I loved another a long time ago, does not mean my heart can’t move forward… Once I have that intimate relation… those feelings change; I will never take another and will never love another.” She whispered, still looking up at him with watery silver eyes.

large.jpg

Xael's brow creased, "Luna, are you telling me your a virgin?"

He spoke the words softly and caressingly, stroking her arm with his thumb as he asked, trying to keep her relaxed.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Like that her body stiffened, her breath catching as he asked. Slowly, the red head nodded while looking back down, her vision focusing on a twig as she tried to not take his reaction negatively. She knew from her sensitive hearing that he had practically lived in brothels, leaving her undesirable from that stand point.

large.jpg

He caught her chin with his index finger, picking her head up until she was forced to look into his calm green eyes. Gently he kissed her nose and smiled.

"Your perfect, you know that?" he whispered, his lips pressing against hers ever so softly, "Never forget that."

When she was ready they got up and headed back into the inn, Xael's head swimming with plans that had been delayed, but not lost. As everyone headed out of the inn, Xael paused Ash, filling her in on his little scheme. She seemed confused on why he wanted to do it while they were on a contract, but she didn’t complain much more than to make sure they wouldn’t lose time. Reyn offered to help him surprisingly, having also hung back, and he agreed since her expertise had been helpful so far. They exited the inn and joined the group, ready to start the day off on a good note for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom