Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

"You eat souls?" she paraphrased, her arms crossing over her chest as a chill set in, "Is...is that what I am? Your next meal? You...you get me to open up to you, and then...oh my god. Oh my god."

She jumped to her feet, taking a few steps backwards, "You want my soul!"

B~
e2fd6184bc6c7a109903155d6ac99e72.jpg

His eyes continued to look down, his shoulders still slumped as his heart dropped.

“All I wanted, was for you to be happy. I eat when I starve… and I starve for months.. You are a person, not a meal.” Slowly, Braxton stood, his empty, white eyes, filled with years of disgust at his own hand, looked up at her for a moment. Slowly turning the man stopped for a second.

“Watch yourself.. Someone is in the trees…” He commented softly, his defeated voice echoing within the trees as he started to walk back towards the path they’d parted from to sit within the clearing.

Someone's watching us. Why can't I see a thing?

Priorities here.

Fuck.

"Braxton stop!" her voice was a lot louder than she thought it could be, her tiny body standing as tall and straight as it could, "Don't you dare walk away from me."

He couldn't drop this bomb on her and expect her not to panic; he couldn't walk away either when she did. Her emotions were conflicted, scared out of her mind that he'd kill her, while also terrified that he was about to reject her.

Your worried about being rejected by a soul eater?

I never asked for your opinion. And yes.

Fuck, you do have mental issues.

Braxton was still walking away and Ashlin took several steps towards him, acting on fear now, "Braxton I mean it. Stop! If there is any hope for us, please stop. You can't blame me for thinking you wanted me dead. Everyone wants me dead. I'm a fucking psychopath! I killed...I mean...Just...stop walking. If you take another step, then this is over. And the pain of being rejected is worse than any death."

B~

His feet stopped, and his body stilled. His breath caught, and he listened as he stared down, While she called out to him, he listened but his heart ached. Slowly he turned, his eyes looking up, a hollow and pained look passing over his expression as his body stilled like the dead. He couldn’t blame her, even his own mother, the very woman who bore him was repulsed by the likes of him. Yet, while he remained disgusted, he’d always carried out happily through life as people remained unaware of his being, and his burden.

“Not everyone Ashlin, not myself. The moment my eyes laid on you, I didn’t care what condition you where in, I just wanted to make you happy and keep you safe. But the second anyone finds out my blood - I’m a killer who wants nothing but to kill people.” His voice rang with the hurt he felt, his eyes remained solemn and his being still rang with disgust.

She could see it now, the disgust on his face. For himself. He loathed himself, as she had once loathed herself. She could see all the signs now, hear it in his words. And as much as what he was confused and scared her, her heart till cried out for the man she was falling for, for the soft eyes and gentle caress that never showed her harm in the few days she'd known him.

You two belong together. Soul sucking psychopaths pretending to be heroes, the voice in her head got louder and meaner the more Ashlin ignored it.

His last words struck a cord in her, and she blurted out, "And I'm not?"

The words hung in the air, but he still looked unconvinced, like he thought she was pitying him, or something. In truth, Ashlin was so overwhelmed and confused that all she could do was spit out whatever came to mind, hoping her thoughts made more sense out loud.

Tell him about me.

Hell no.

"You think your the only monster out here, running around playing hero?" she asked, taking another step closer to him, "Look around Brax, we are all freaks. Some of us kill for sport, others for survival. Xael drains blood. Elijah kills when it suits him..."

She could see Braxton could care less about the others. It was her opinion that mattered, she knew that now. And I assumed he was going to kill me. Just like...like...

"When I was young I killed six children!" she blurted out, closing her eyes shut and squeezing her hands into fist, throwing every word out before her wind pipe shut, "I was locked away in my home since the day I was born, and I ran away at seven...and there were these kids. I tried to play with them, but when I slipped up and they saw my magic they became so mean. They beat me with sticks and rocks and called me hurtful names and I got so mad. I strangled them with my magic, and then I fled home. My parents left me in the forest to die, because I was a freak they never wanted, and the woods were more of a home to me in their eyes! They assumed I would be their death. I never felt love growing up. Only rejection and hurt."

A sob escaped and she hastily wiped a tear away, taking another step forward, "I'm terrified your going to hurt me, alright? Because normal people fear for their lives. But I'm more scared that you will reject me than anything. B-because I won't be able to get over you taking souls, just as I'm uncomfortable with Xael sucking blood."

Her body shook with the gravity of her honesty and she gasped back the pain lancing through her heart at the shared memories, but she pressed on, "Don't you dare think I don't understand! I have been feared and rejected my whole life by anyone and everyone. I'm unlovable."

B~

Braxton’s eyes watched her, her words slowly sinking in as she explained where she came from. He could see the pain across her figure, making every atom in his body scream and push their way towards her. His feet took several questioning steps before his body stilled like the dead. But after what had felt like ages, he took several more steps as his arms wrapped around her.

“You’re not unloveable, because if you were I wouldn’t be here.” He replied. His selfish disgust floated to the back of his mind as she became the fore-front.

She had talked about herself as a child, his mind wrapping around it but accepting it. It had been both an accident, and self-defense. Anyone with extraordinary power like her, at such a small age couldn’t predict it, especially with how her body would of put itself in danger alert.

“It wasn’t your fault.” He mumbled softly, holding her loosely enough, if she decided to push him away she easily could. He couldn’t blame her for that, or being terrified of him, but it had still hurt.

She laughed at his words, her voice growing cold before she caught herself. It was too late though, he heard the chill in her voice as she laughed at the thought of it not being her fault.

"I could've knocked them out," she stated, monotone, "I could have fought back. I could've hid. I chose to strangle every child that day. I chose to watch them die. I'll never make excuses for my past. I did something disgusting and revolting."

Her body was stiff in his arms, not because of him, but because of the amount she shared. Her emotions were in overdrive and she was quickly shutting down from the world.

B~

“You could’ve… But you did what you did, as far as I see, but you did fight back, and that was how you chose to. I see a yes, broken and self-conscious girl, but I also see an amazing heart when you chose to show it, while we learn from our past, we move on, for it doesn’t direct our future.” He looked down at her, his hand softly resting under her chin as his thumb whipped away the remnants of her tears. Reaching around her again, the man picked her up, looking at her cautiously for any sign she wanted him gone. Picking the girl up bridal style, he began to walk towards their meeting spot.

He carried her to the meeting spot as she continued to shut down, exhausted. It was obvious Braxton wanted to keep trying, and the was good enough for her. She'd sort out her feelings on what he was in the morning. And try to organise all the fleeting thoughts in her head too.

He set her down against a tree and Ashlin lay back and closed her eyes, feeling the weight on her shoulders getting heavier. All she wanted was sleep, but that was still hours to come.

large.jpg

Xael and Reyn wandered slowly towards the meeting spot. At one point Reyn ditched him to go drag Eli out of hiding, leaving Xael alone to find the meeting spot. It wasn't hard to find and upon arrival he could feel the thick tension in the air, both Brax and Ash looking upset and exhausted.

"Did I miss anything?" he asked, looking between the two.

B~

Taking her to the meeting spot, the man placed Ashlin down carefully, his body then moving up and gathering several sticks and stones. Placing the small twigs in a tepee like formation, the man worked with several stones, creating a fire after several minutes. Looking over at Ash, Brax moved over to her, picking her up only in the slightest movement as he moved her into his lap, hoping she’d be more comfortable that way.

As they waited and rested, the odd odor had began to creep up amidst them, a freakishly large wolf beginning to merge from the tree line, curious golden eyes watching them but staying at a distance.

As Xael appeared from the tree line, Braxton looked around, confused as to where the red head had disappeared to.

“Nothing we need to chat about.” He commented softly, looking up at Xael as Braxton continued to hold Ash tenderly.

J~
black-wolf-skull4.jpg

Turning his large head, the wolf watched the group, their scent touched with the earthiness he knew all too well. This is who she’d been with, this was unlike her… Just a small group, the wolf had grown to enjoy solitude, while she once enjoyed her alpha blood, had grown cold to her heritage. Both golden orbs watched Xael hesitantly, unwilling to let up with the man. Turning back around, Jay wandered away, finding a set of worn jeans, and a leather jacket, nicked and battered with age. Grabbing them and a set of combat boots, the wolf turned and wandered back to the site, placing them behind a tree before moving back to sit on the edge of the tiny clearing/pathway. Watching them yet again, Jay laid down inspecting the people before him as he waited for his alpha to return.

large.jpg

The rest of the group slowly arrived and they headed off, wanting to get a few more hours in before sleeping. Everyone was quiet, mostly from being sleepy, so no one but Braxton and Xael noticed Ashlin mechanical movements. Finally they stopped and made camp, and everyone promptly fell asleep.

The next morning everyone was more cheerful, a good night's rest starting them early in the day. Even Ash was back to herself, although Xael could see the worry in her eyes.

Ashlin was absolutely exhausted. She had tossed and turned all night beside Brax, trying her damnest to sleep and failing. Eventually she gave up and started categorizing her problems instead, trying to make sense of it all. By the time the rest of the group was rising she had figured out most of it, helping her to relax. She had done a lot of thinking about Braxton and realized they were all killers. She could forgive what he had to do, as long as he never involved her.

Telling him a large chunk of her childhood had been another stress, but he had taken it with an easiness she thought impossible. It felt amazing to get it off her chest, and Ashlin was thankful for that. She explained all of this to Brax, then kissed him gingerly so he knew they were on good terms.

The only problem he had no solution to were her nightmares. Ash knew they'd be back again, but with no simple solution, Ashlin's best bet was to ride them out.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Slowly, she opened her eyes. The light hurt her sensitive eyes, leaving the girl to turn her head into Xaels chest. She nudged the inner crook of his neck softly as she shifted in his lap. It had been late when she returned, having needed to hunt for a deer before heading back last night. Her hands rested tenderly against Xaels muscular chest, while her chest rose and fell in an equal pace with his. She breathed in, Xael’s earthy and blood toned musk filled her nose pleasantly. Smiling, the girls nose nudged him ever so softly again.

J~
a0a8a6001636a4d7cca1199b188cf7c6.jpg

Morning had risen, the sky several delicious colors as the sun lit up the greenery around them, bringing everything to life. Having risen early, the naked man had walked away, dipping in a nearby river quickly to clean himself. Walking back, he looked over the tired group, his golden eyes examining them all as his perfect, naked body basked in the warm glow of the suns rays.

large.jpg

Her nose tickled him away and Xael hummed in response, turning and dipping his head to give her a morning kiss. Pulling away, he rested his head on her and dozed a few more minutes before finally opening his eyes.

Ahead of him stood a naked man, watching them all curiously, if not disturbingly.

"Uh Luna," Xael whispered, "we have company."

The group slowly woke up one by one. Everyone seemed to have paired off, Eli and Reyn, Luna and Xael, and Ash and Brax. As Luna and Xael woke, Ashlin woke with a start, annoyed at one getting maybe an hour of sleep. Rolling over she accidentally jostled Braxton awake.

Eventually everyone was up and on their feet, staring at the strange naked man before them.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Yawning softly, the girl nudged him again, eyes closed as she laid with him. As he began to move, his soft, dreamy lips pressed against hers, pulling her from her morning daze.

“Mmmm wha..?” She asked, slowly rubbing one of her eyes with the heel of a hand. Moving her head, her lay eyes looked over before she groaned in disgust before shielding her face into Xaels shoulder.

“Jaaaay, we don’t need to see your fucking junk first thing. Put that shit away.” She choked, hiding her disgusted expression into Xaels shoulder.

“I didn’t feel like wearing pants back from the river… Anyways, everyone loves me junk.” He joked, his deep voice holding nothing but playful humor.

E~
hottest-tattooed-male-models43-e1408993262331.jpg

Waking, Eli was rested against a tree, Reyn at hand with her need to not just sleep with him, but her urge against dirt. Noticing an old soul, Eli tilted his head.

“Ripped your last set did we?” He asked lifting an eyebrow. Looking at the group Eli moved backwards, resting on a tree as he awaited the group.

B~

Yawning softly, Braxton stirred. He hadn’t had much sleep last night, every time Ash had shifted he moved to try and help accomidate her and make her as comfortable as he possibly could.

Opening his eyes he smiled softly at Ash, kissing her forehead softly before muttering a sweet good morning to his beautiful woman. Looking around, Braxton stopped, eyes opening as a horrified look over passed his handsome features as his eyes caught a naked man, just watching them.

J~

Turning and looking as everyone sat and stared Jay grinned.

“Admiring my handsomeness?” He teased, turning around to grab his jeans behind a tree before slipping them on. Slipping on his shoes, Jay returned to the group as Lunar was explaining he was a family friend who Xael and herself had run into last night. Skipping out on his personal meeting with Xael, and the form he chose to arrive in, the girl waited for the group to let him sink in.

large.jpg

Xael kissed her hair, stifling a laugh at her disgusted expression as she buried her face.

"Don't worry angel, I look much better naked," he breathed into her ear with a chuckle before turning to Jay, "Nice to see you again...Jay."

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

Nereyda yawned and stretched, comfortable on her muscular bed she had used for the night. His skin was warm and she fit into his lap perfectly. When he spoke though it wasn't to her, and interest perked her to wake up faster. She leaned her head up, pulling Elijah's attention to her briefly for a kiss to help start her morning, then got off of him and stood smoothing out the wrinkles in her clothing. The left knee of her fish nets had ripped overnight, but it gave her a hot punk look that worked with her tattoos and pink hair.

Flipping her hair over her shoulder and turning, she was met with a delicious sight of a naked man standing before them.

"Hello," she purred, flouncing forward to greet him as Luna explained who he was, "I'm Reyn."

Ashlin kissed Braxton good morning, hiding her foul mood from him. It wasn't his fault she hadn't slept, or anyone else's for that matter. And while Ash and Brax weren't all smooth sails yet, she really did want him, with his flaws and all.

Luna was introducing someone to the group and she wiggled in Braxton's arms, trying to get up. He freed her with a grin and they both stood and turned to the man...who was only half dressed.

"Does your family and friends normally run around the woods half naked?" Ash asked, walking up beside Luna and Xael.

tumblr_nf8ornRzNf1t3jnfyo1_500.gif

They stood in the rain, facing one another with goofy grins.

"When's the last time it rained?" she asked, taking his hands in hers, "I can't remember it."

"Well before the outbreak," he stated, soaking in her bubbliness, "I love you Savannah."

"I love you more," she giggled back, and he pulled her in for a sweeping kiss, feeling the cold droplets on their skin.

The memory jerked at her heart, and the controlled anger in her surged, mixed with fear and depression. She pulled herself up from the tree she leaned on, looking around into the empty forest.

Her feet made no noise as she moved, her clothing made to be silent and fluid with each movement. She knew each tree like it was her own skin, knew where every branch and twig was. She ran threw the woods at a lightening speed, silent and deadly. Around her the forest grew silent, knowing of her presence and choosing to grow still.

She pulled up short far enough away from a tiny clearing ahead of her, peering into it while well hidden. She'd been tracking a werewolf for a week and a half now, always a step behind him. Finally last night he had run into a woman from his past, and stayed in the area for the night, giving her the perfect chance to catch up with him. But now she could see that he had just joined a cast of others, six total, making her task harder but not impossible.

"Damion!" she screamed, struggling to get back up, "Let him the fuck go!"

They laughed at her and one of them kicked her over and over in the ribs until she couldn't move, the pain too intense. They left her broken and bleeding, dragging her life and soul away as she cried out for him, swearing to the sky that she'd find him. No matter what.

If she had to, she'd go through all of him to get Damion back. In the three weeks since he'd been taken, she'd felt nothing but pain and anguish.

Andre, are you close?

She thought the words clearly, pushing the words out around her, sending the message out telepathically. It was becoming one of her strongest powers, her telepathy. Reaching behind her head she drew the silky hood she'd worn for decades, placing it over her rich chocolate curls. The hood reached just down to her eyebrows, held in place by a tiny weight in the hood so that as she moved it didn't fall back. The hood was attached to a sleek bloodred leather jacket that looked brand new, and yet was over forty years old. It matched her skin tight black leggings tucked into her knee-high dark reddish brown riding boots with black stitching.

There was a mental nudge she caught and in a couple seconds a bear sized white wolf came up beside her, watching her with dark brown eyes. He chuffed, nodding behind him that the rest of the pack waited patiently, as she hoped.

I'm going in alone. I'll yell if I need back up.

Remaining crouched she snuck towards the edge of the clearing, remaining completely hidden the entire time. Her blood started to boil as she caught sight of his face, her inner rage waking up once more. She quickly took inventory of the other group members, looking for possible threats.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

The red head smiled into Xael’s shoulder, laughing softly before tilting her head up, her lips pressing against his ear.

“So I dreamed.” She whispered sweetly, grinning ever so slightly before nestling back down in his lap happily. She sat quietly for a couple minutes before rising to stretch her limbs, ready for a day of traveling.

Looking over at Ash, Lunar laughed softly, the soft tinkling sound hovering within the air.

“No, Only this one. Out of everyone, he’s more than happy to run in the nude sadly.” She laughed softly, rolling her eyes ever so softly at her last remark.

E~

Yawning, Eli’s arms stretched out as his body stood effortlessly. Looking at the group, the man stood quietly, watching and silently judging as he awaited their travels.

B~

His arms remained wrapped around her for several minutes as she wiggled against him. Braxton couldn’t help but laugh softly, letting her go before a personal issue could happen. Looking over at Jay, he looked him up and down.

“You were watching us last night.” He commented, slightly annoyed by his intrusion.

J~

Jay nodded towards Xael, his eye’s mentally taking notes on the man. Chuffing, the wolf’s head moved onto another person, choosing to ignore their softly spoken words. Quickly, his attention slipped onto another creature, a mistress of the ocean in pink. Quickly her focus was on him, her gesture’s flirtatious. Stepping forward, Jay held out his hand, palm up for the girl to place her hand on. Her touch was refreshing, airy and the tender, much like a perfectly delicate little flower. Slowly leaning down, Jay pressed his lips to the back of the mistress’s hand. Smiling gently, Jay dipped his head, both golden orbs glowing with pleasure.

“Jayson, but you can call me Jay.” He winked, as he heard the raven haired womans voice perk up, to be quickly answered by Lunar off in the corner.

“I was defiantly not the only one. And if you recall, Uncle Dan was always naked.” He joked, his face lighting up in fond memories. Looking at the girl though, he could tell he’d hit a nerve. Coughing he turned his attention to the forest, a familiar scent foreseeing his sensitive nose.

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

"Such a gentleman," Reyn spoke softly, for only him to hear then added, "And I don't mind you naked one bit."

Jay's remark made Ashlin slightly curious of the type of family Luna came from, but after last night's fiasco with learning Braxton's secrets, Ashlin thought it safest not to pry. She simply asked Luna if Jay was coming along on their escapade, or if this was just a simple reunion.

J~

Chuckling Jay looked back at Reyn.

“All the more while to walk around naked.” He grinned, before straightening up as a set of hard silver eyes stared. ‘If only looks could kill….’ the man groaned inwardly. Looking back towards Ash, Jay bit his lip, having felt he’d said too much.

“If you guys want company I got mad skills.” He pipped up, his brunette head bobbing up slightly with excitement. Looking over at Lunar, she sighed harshly.

“It’s whatever you guys thinks works best. I’m not taking care of you if you get your ass in a thick spot though.” She commented, continuing to look up at him harshly.

tumblr_meg6hac4vn1rba6npo1_500.gif

She could hear they were making plans to hit the road with the werewolf in tow, her window of opportunity getting smaller and smaller.

We will get another chance. It's too risky right now, Andre's voice was clear in her head, warning her to drop the idea.

She shook him off and got ready, bouncing on the balls of her feet as she unsheathed her two short knives from her thighs. One in each hand, blade pressed to her arm, she held her breath and listened, looking for any signs to stop. No one looked her way, or paused in conversation.

Lunging out of the trees, Savannah hit Jay square in the chest, knocking him flat and holding both knives on either side of his throat before a fight could began.

"No one make any move at me," she growled, her normal musical voice now deep and husky, "Or he dies. I have some questions kid, and you have my damn answers!"

A girl leaping out of the trees unannounced was enough to make Ashlin stumbled backwards. Braxton was no longer behind her, as he had moved forward to get a good look at Jay. As she stumbled back a arm reached out and caught her waist, helping her regain her balance. She looked behind her at Elijah's emotionless expression, doing her damnest to seem a friendly as she thanked him.

Her eyes traveled back to Braxton and his attention was no longer on Jay but on Elijah's arm, which was still snaked across her to keep her from falling. While the interesting action happened around them, there was a silent death glaring stand-off between Brax and Eli, and Ashlin simply stepped out of the way, letting Eli's arm drop. She moved around to watch the proceedings of the two new strangers in the clearing, her interest peaking.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Tilting her head, the wolf watched as someone tackled Jay, pinning him to the ground. As quick as Jay was to be easy and smooth, was his face lit with curiosity. Dumb curiosity.

“What did you do you dork?” She groaned, placing the heel of her hand to her temple. Half of her told her to question and laugh, while the other pack mentality was wanting to kick in and growl at the nuisance. Rolling her eyes, she leaned back into Xael, while remaining on the edge of her toes.

J~

Looking up, Jay stared at the girl questioningly. She’d been on his tail for a while now, and it had only annoyed him over the last several weeks.

“I know nothing!” He growled, his eyes turning to a swift glare at the woman now attempting to pin him.

E~

He’d seen it before it happened, allowing him to move quickly, his arm gracefully hooking her waist and he kept her up. Lifting a brow, Eli helped her stand as she slowly recovered.

“You need to be more careful.” He stated, his deep voice low as he turned. Like lightning, Braxton’s eyes were on him, glaring daggers as Ash dropped his muscled arm. Shaking it off, Eli’s body slipped back behind Reyn, standing and spectating.

She hated herself. Ashlin couldn't even look Braxton in the eye at that moment. When Elijah had caught her she had felt and old and familiar tug in her heart, her subconscious betraying her. If she was truly honest with herself, Ash knew she wasn't over Elijah. As much as he put her through, some part of her always craved him. What made it all worse is that she had a good thing now, and the craving hadn't gone away.

Quietly she stood spectating, pushing her thoughts aside and trying to keep calm.

tumblr_meg6hac4vn1rba6npo1_500.gif

Now she had him, and all she wanted to do was make him bleed as they were doing to Damion. She felt it all the time -the torture they put him through. It was a dull ache in her skin, and harsh jolt under her nails. She was connected to him and felt what he felt, but muted. It made her hate them all the more.

"First question," she seethed, the knife pressing harder into his throat, "Why did your clan attack my pack?"

Back
Top Bottom