Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She watched, both silver eyes spectating silently as the alpha watched her wolf sit quietly, waiting for her question. The womans question hit her like a train, leaving her to quietly choke on the question. Like that, the girls head was swimming and her vision began to tint. Sitting quietly, she bit her bottom lip as her hands curled up, the pressure of her grip turning her knuckles white while her nails cut her palms.

J~
a0a8a6001636a4d7cca1199b188cf7c6.jpg

The wolf couldn’t help but laugh at her question.

“Your wolves where slinking around our territory. Abass doesn’t take to that kindly. He doesn’t send warnings, he attacks.” Jay spat, his eyes glaring up at her as she asked a question he’d heard many a times.

tumblr_meg6hac4vn1rba6npo1_500.gif

They thought we were evading their territory?

Since the outbreak, Savannah had never heard of another pack of werewolves. Too many died, others got separated or went mad. Many became loner wolves, just to survive. She knew there had to be other packs, but it was next to impossible to know where they hide, or what they considered their land.

"We weren't slinking, we were passing through," she snapped back digging the knife in harder, "and watch your damn tone pup! I really wouldn't test me today."

A soft growl behind her caught her attention and Andre's scent wafted on the breeze. He was watching but remaining hidden, nervous around strangers, and his growl was a warning that she was getting over emotional again. If she lost it, he'd knock her out. Cold.

"We didn't know it was claimed land," she gritted her teeth and spoke as calmly as she dared, "Maybe put up a few more markings. Next question...whose Abass?"

She needed to know what they were up against, if she wanted any chance of rescuing Damion.

J~

Like that a growl began to roll within his chest.

“Oh yes slinking. We had markers. Your wolves dug them up and started marking themselves.” He growled. She pressed the blades in further and he growled again, warning her as his teeth began to elongate.

“I wouldn’t test with me either.” He snapped, his eyes remaining on the girl as his attention was pulled by his alpha. She was resisting her mentality, not well, but well enough anyone else wouldn’t notice.

“That’s all I got Chicka. If you want to know who Abass is, ask the clan. I wasn’t there in the attack.” He snarled, his hands balling up. They weren’t alone, the growl in the background showed that, but having his alpha only a step or two away helped calm him.

"You got the wrong wolves," she got within inches of his face, so close he could feel her breath as she hissed at him, "My pack doesn't keep territory. So why would we mark yours? And no...perhaps you weren't there. But I have sources who told me your the best for information. Also told me your not with the pack all the time."

She sat up, leaning her weight on his chest and keeping only one knife to his throat while the other raised and pointed at the red-head, "I was told you had alternate priorities -I'm assuming she's one? Don't worry, I won't touch a hair on her cute head."

Take a breath Savannah. This isn't how we do things. Attacking people? Making threats?

He was right. She hated when Andre was right; he'd rub it in for days on some occasions when he was right and she admitted she was wrong. Savannah was never herself without her second half, and it was tearing her apart.

With a deep breath and as much control as she had in her, she released the blade from his neck and stood up, her nostrils flaring, "Unlike some packs, mine isn't about beating defenseless woman and leaving them for dead. That's yours."

J~

As her face got progressively closer,t he man began to expose more pearly white teeth, gleaming with hunger as she began to edge on his nerves.

“Not me. Abass. But I’d trust his nose better than yours. Keeping a couple odd wolves is stupid. Your sources are fucked Chicka. Whoever your chit chatting with has their shit crossed. Alpha is always the best. So go bug him.” He snarled, his golden eyes gleaming and his shoulders twitching as he calmed himself.

“You could try touching a hair on her head. Don’t expect to keep your arm though.” He grinned, his eyes challenging her. “Instead of poking your shit at others, figure yourself out and get your facts together.” He growled, as he took another breath.

“No, my pack is about bathing in the blood of the dead. Not beating woman, We kill all.” He growled, glaring as he raised his head. He could feel it, he could feel the pressure of her eyes weighing on him as every word he said made her blood boil. She remained calm, that was obvious, but her command didn’t need to be a word, or a movement. It only had to be a thought.

God was this wolf frustrating. Not only was he defiant, he continued to lie to her face, refusing every word she spoke. Savannah knew a liar instinctively; it was a perk to being telepathic. It didn't help her much though, unless she wanted to announce to the world of her unearthly powers.

She couldn't continue to grill him without getting emotional again. But she needed answers.

Savannah don't!

As the man stood up to his feet she stepped forward, and with lightening quick movements pressed her hand against his bare chest. The touch of his skin to hers sent her reeling, her body shaking violently as she was assaulted with his memories. This man had never built a wall around his thoughts, having never needed to. It gave her open access to him, but the access wasn't anything more than a burden in most cases. His thoughts and memories hurled themselves into her head, making her eyes water and her body shake.[/color]

She broke the contact, holding herself and shaking as the memories continued to throw themselves at her. She had to wait until the connection simmered, and then she could siffer through his head, finding what she needed. Usually she forced herself into people's minds, so the thoughts and memories came slow, and she could manage it with ease. This man was too much of an open book, and it was making Savannah sick.

What did you do?

The bushes near her rustled and Andre slowly came up, his massive form blinding in the sun. He was about the size of a polar bear, with white fur to match, although it was long and shaggy. Normal werewolves were never this big, and when she'd first seen him, Savannah had worried something was terribly wrong with him. Turned out it was normal for him...and the rest of her pack. Looking at the faces of the group in front of her though, she knew they too had never met such a big wolf till now, even the two wolves looking confused at his sheer size.

He padded up to her, nuzzling her shoulder wear his face easily stood. It was a comforting nudge, telling her she wasn't alone. She convulsed quietly and he watched over her, his dark eyes glaring at the other werewolf in disdain, angered that he had caused her this pain.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

That extra touch was enough to send her off. She was on her feet, hand gripping the womans wrist as both silver eyes contracted. Her nostrils flared, but everything remained intact as her grip only tightened.

“You don’t get to touch him. You do not threaten my brother, and think you can fucking shove your way around. Like Jayson said. Ask Abass. He’s the alpha; he will have any of your answers. Your lead is faulty, and if you continue to bother us, you will regret it.” He voice was cool, like ice.

“Think rationally; take your wolf and leave.” He voice chilled even Jay to the bone, the man’s head sinking ever so slightly as she spoke. Dropping the girls shaking wrist, Lunar snorted ever so softly. While Jay seemed arrogant and full of games, he was being honest and this girl did nothing but edge on her nerves.

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

The wolf that broke through the trees made Ashlin jump and fall back, pushing into Braxton quickly. It was enormous, easily the size of a bear, with dark eyes and pure white fur that shone in the morning light. It seemed more concerned for the strange woman than anyone in the group, although Ash still didn't trust a beast of that size.

She heard a quiet squeal and looked to her left to see Reyn behind the tree Elijah leaned on, her eyes round-like saucers as she stared at the wolf. Even Braxton seemed nervous around the beast, his arm going around her protectively. She'd seen werewolves in her lifetime, and while they easily doubled a normal wolf's size, they never grew this big.

The memories began to stave off and Savannah quickly flipped through them before she lost the connection completely, looking for familiar faces, locations, anything that could give her a lead. She stored what she could with herself, letting the connection go and bringing her focus back to the real world, catching the word's of an angry woman.

The red-head was in her face, holding her wrist forcefully. Finally she dropped her wrist, as Savannah's convulsions died off. She way she snapped, the air about her as she spoke...this was an Alpha. It confused her that the wolf she'd been chasing, Jayson as the red-head called him, was interacting with more than one Alpha.

Andre wouldn't know anything about it, but Yulen might. She'd ask him later when she was far away from this odd crowd. The woman's words still jarred her though, and she stepped forward, challenging her as Andre let out a soft growl.

"My lead is faulty?" Savannah asked, her brow's creasing at the insult, "What the fuck do you know about leading?"

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

The girl’s nostrils flared as both silver eyes stared daringly at her.

“I know enough to murder your pack without batting an eyelash. If you thought the last Alpha to murder your clan was bad, I’ll make them look like saints.” The girl growled lowly, taking another step forward as her eyes glared at her, challenging her further. With that, the air shifted slightly beside her. Jay was resisting a change. Her hand rose strictly to the wolf, making him take a step back and forcing his head to dip.

“Go. Back.” Her voice was edging on a snarl, her canines sharping the slightest as she spoke.

“From your smell, your missing your man. I’d take the chance to go find him.” Lunars chime like voice barked, her breath deepening as her blood boiled at the challenge.

large.jpg

This was getting far too out of hand. From his position, everyone seemed to be miscommunicating, misjudging, and overstepping. When he saw the impending fight, Xael couldn't hold his tongue any longer.

"Everyone take a damn step back," he snapped, moving forward so he was directly between the rest of the group and the wolves, "Seriously!"

"Learn to control your damn Changes," Savannah barked at them both, refusing to back down, "And nobody touched my Pack. And no one fucking will. Not Abass, not his Pack. Not even you, Luna Deth, with her sharp little tongue. Did daddy teach you that? Or was stuffing a demon down your throat and trying to marry you off to that asshat over there all he could do while you frolicked around with your trainer?"

God she hated people. This is why she ran with wolves. This was why.

"And you know absolutely nothing about me, or what I'm looking for."

The blonde man stepped forward, trying to diffuse the situation, but her words had opened a gaping hole in the Alpha, and Savannah really needed to let off some steam.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Her eyes slitted and her breath deepened.

“I’m under control. You’re the one putting blades to my blood. You wouldn’t be here if your precious little pack wasn’t tampered with.” Her insides ripped at each other, her veins pounded and slithered. It was awake now.

“I know enough when it comes down to the fact you can’t keep your bloody hands to yourself. Now go back to your man and be a good little demon.” Her tone spat back, ignoring the pain of her past. Each progressing word was doing nothing but annoy her further. Like that, Xael stepped in. While she calmed, she could still feel the heated wraith pulse through her veins, feeding on her hatred and fueling her blood lust. Lunar was under control, it; not so much. The red head stood firm, unmoving to even Xael as he stepped up. While his presence was calming, her inner alpha still snapped at her inner bit, unhappy with the ending of this already.

She was badly aching for a fight. But the Alpha held her ground, and suprisingly swallowed Savannah's words without neither questioning how she knew all that suddenly, nor lashing out. Again she just wanted Savannah to back down.

Bringing up her demon blood wasn't something Savannah wanted in the open air though. Not that she wasn't comfortable with it, but it felt like a challenge to her hierarchy in her pack. Demons didn't run werewolf packs, werewolves did. However, her Pack wasn't normal to begin with...

"I'll go back to my soul when it's returned to me by your father," Savannah whispered, turning half away and ending the fight before it began.

Andre relaxed as she caught his stare, nodding at him to say they were leaving. Annoyance rolled off his body, not for the other wolves but for her, for picking a fight that was never needed. He had wanted to do it calmly and politely and she had run in weapons raised, wanting to shed some blood to satisfy the rage in her.

They walked a few steps, and as the anger slipped away, her broken state became exposed once more, her heart twisted and clenched so tightly she couldn't breathe. God, I'm an ass.

Turning her head slightly to look at Luna from the corner of her eye she spoke solemnly, "I'm sorry I disturbed your day. If you had everything ripped from your hands, what would you do?"

large.jpg

Xael's words seemed to make an impression, but by Luna's stance, she had practically ignored him. As the hooded woman backed off, Xael returned to the rest of the group trying not to be upset at Luna, finding a spot beside Ashlin who seemed enthralled with the events. At this point, she had been the only one besides Reyn not to know of Luna's heritage. Not that it mattered now; they had made it abundantly clear what Jay and Luna were. Ashlin seemed unfazed by that, more nervous about the hulk of a wolf stalking away.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

The red head stared at the girl, both eyes and body unmoving as she stood her ground like a rock, melted down to the earth below. The girl swallowed her ending words but continued to stand, both eyes glaring heavily at the stranger as she backed away. It was none of her concern on what her father did, nor did it matter what he had. That pack was his, and Lunar had renounced all ties to it. The only acceptation had been Jay, but with a bond like theirs it was understandable.

The wolf relaxed, allowing Jay to relax beside her, even Xael’s posture seemed to drop ever so slightly. But as their steps lead them away, her aura changed, exposing her inner pain as she looked back at them, raising a question the wolf knew all too well.

“You already know that answer.” The words hovered in the air, no sign of disbelief to her words. Every fiber of her being was bred for the hunt, to fight, to dance in the blood of every single creature around her. Even at one point she’d been known to turn on her pack if they’d so much as hinted at a unfaithfulness to her. Even when Diablos had left, she’d been in a state so dark, even Eli had shuddered at her; not like he’d known her for any longer than a week to matter. Both silver eyes continued to watch the girl sternly, unwilling to waver until the girl had become less of a threat to the group.

Xael had crept off, she hadn’t tried to seem unappreciative, but it wasn’t in her blood to simply step back. No matter who it was. She’d been taught differently.’Kill or be killed.’ The words rung in her head, echoing down to her very core. She would make it up to him, but no part of her would ignore the challenge until she’d felt it was resolved and they where clear.

Leave me please, Savannah asked silently, standing at the edge of the trees, feeling Luna's eyes on her, I'll find the Pack later. Go hunt. Or sleep. Just...

Go.He finished for her, seeing the pain in her eyes, the ocean blue speckled with gold watery with tears, Take your time Annah.

He galloped off, making no attempts now to be silent, so his body crashed through the brush, scaring birds and rodents the like. She continued down the path a little farther then broke into the trees. When she thought no one could hear her any longer she collapsed[/color] to the ground, letting the pain take over. Her anger kept it at bay, and with it gone she felt torn to shreds. Throwing her head back she screamed at the sky till her throat was raw, letting her sorrows escape into the forest.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

The girl’s muscles began to relax with each step the girl took. Her teeth returned to normal and her instincts relaxed. It only seemed to be several minutes, the girl standing with both eyes still glued to the forest. Hear screams echoed in Lunars ears, and for that; the wolf felt sympathy. She knew what losing everything had felt. She knew pain, sorrow, and unfathomable rage. In Lunars books, she wouldn’t take that from another. Listening the girl continued to stand.

J~

Slinking back to the rest of the group Jay nodded and whispered his apologies. His head held low while Lunar stood staring. Her bloodline had always scared him, and that would never change in his books. While Lunar scared him, that pull to her pulled that fear into a sibling related love. While she had saved him many times, he’d tried to help her out over the years. Looking at Xael, both golden eyes motioned towards her, hoping he’d step back up to distract her as she calmed.

Looking back to the sorceress, Jay bowed his head respectfully.

“I apologize for that… This whole thing is my fault… I know the wolf wasn’t the most pleasant thing to look at.” He whispered, keeping both golden eyes on her before he noticed Reyn cowering behind a tree.

"Never seen a wolf that big," Ashlin replied to Jay, extending her question to the group, "Have any of you?"

large.jpg

Xael caught Jay's golden eyed gaze and it swung to Luna then back to him. He said and did nothing, letting the man move on to speak to other group members, while Xael answered Ashlin's question, "No I haven't. You okay? You seem a little spooked?"

"Fine," she smiled, her whole body leaning against Braxton's arm as both men looked down at her, "It was all kind of exciting."

Xael smiled and shook his head, "What we aren't exciting enough for you now? Hear that Brax? Got to be a giant wolf to keep her entertained..."

He could feel the space between him and Luna, and Jay's gaze on him because he wasn't going to her side. Xael continued chatting with Brax and Ash though, wanting to give Luna some space. Not just for her sake, but for his. There was something different about her this morning, making her cold and cut off to him. It nagged at him, bothering him quietly.

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

Reyn stepped out from behind the tree, trying to remain cool and calm as the wolf disappeared. Hunting and fighting just weren't her thing. As she walked out she looked up at Jay who was heading towards her.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Like that she turned, every bone in her body hesitant to the movement as she started to walk up the path they were supposed to be walking. Her body disappeared into the brush several yards from them before she stripped, leaving the clothes in an easy enough area for Jay to pick up. With that she allowed the pain to swallow her, her bones snapped and her claws raked a tree as her eyes rolled back into her head. Her whole word changing as her large stature stood out within the forest. As the pain wafted away, her body stood up, four large paws in place of where her body human body had been hunched over. With that, the blackened wolf began her way down the path, getting a head start while the others regained themselves.

J~

Jay nodded towards Ashlin, her question something of the ordinary.

“Wolves can get that big, it’s rare, but it happens.” He replied softly before looking back towards Reyn.

“Are we ok?” He asked, checking in on her as the group chatted and attempted to regain their peaceful morning back.

B~
e2fd6184bc6c7a109903155d6ac99e72.jpg

Brax’s arms curled around her instinctively. Her small body fitting into him perfectly as she shied from the fight. That fight had been strange, and the wolf was something he’d rarely seen. While the packs he’d fought in the past tended to range on the smaller side, he’d known there where some larger creatures running. None that he had seen before though. Braxton shook his head softly at her, kissing the top of her head as he gathered her more tightly in his arms as he tried to help sooth the beauty within his bold arms.

Ashlin wanted to stay wrapped up in his embrace, talking to him and Xael, for hours. But after a few minutes they all started gravitating towards the path, eager to move along and get to the next town a day's walk away. It would be the last town they'd see for about a week after that, so Ashlin had thought they could all spend one night in an inn. It meant one more delicious night with Braxton alone, before she had to share him for the weeks to come.

This time she let Elijah lead, with Jay and Reyn behind and the three of them last. She saw Jay jumped into the forest at one point and grab familiar clothes, but said nothing of it.

"So everyone is getting their own rooms tonight," Ash piped up, starting a new conversation, "No offense to all of you, but I'd like one last night alone with this gorgeous man before I'm stuck with you guys twenty-four seven."

large.jpg

Luna disappeared to Change, and Xael felt instantly bad for not saying anything. Ashlin kept his moods up with her light conversation as they started to stroll, but he still felt like an ass for not checking on her.

"Fine," plastering a smile on, she joined the crowd, "Just wanted a further vantage point to watch, that's all. Why? Were you worried about me, handsome?"

She heard Elijah snort behind him and she casted him a foul look, telling him to shut up. Just because she came on the trip for him, didn't mean she couldn't have a little fun to herself.

B~
e2fd6184bc6c7a109903155d6ac99e72.jpg

After they had all taken their time to wind down, they had quickly found themselves traveling along a dirt road, leaving nothing but tree’s and bush’s alongside the path. Winding his arm around Ash’s waist the man grinned down at her, keeping an even pace. The topic of the inn intrigued him, the idea of a night alone with Ash nothing shy of thrilling.

“Good, because I want nothing more than my beautiful sorceress.” He commented, both white eyes staring down at her excitedly. Leaning down, the man kissed her softly; his pace remaining even with Ash’s as they walked.

J~

Jay couldn’t help it, the little pixie like creature amusing. Dipping out into the forest or a moment, the man followed a familiar scent only to discover several items of clothes, all neatly folded and stacked for him as she’d long by taken off.

Quickly entering the group again, Jay stashed the clothes in a small waist pocket, strapped to his waist for use of holding objects or things of need. Dashing up to Reyn, the wolf grinned, her fluttering attitude interesting him as they talked.

“How was your vantage point?” Jay grinned, eyeing her up.

“Course I’d be worried about a pretty little thing like you.” Another puff meant he was starting to go to far. As far as Jay knew of the Halfling he’d learned signs of his temper being cut short, and this girl was one.

"My vantage point was perfect. I saw some lovely flowers," she joked, stepping closer to him as they walked.

Eli made another snort and she rolled her eyes at him, "Stop whining handsome. A girl's got needs. Neeeeeeeeds."

She turned to Jay and winked, flipping her pink hair over her shoulder, "Ignore him. He's hit menopause. One minute he's cold, next thing he's in a rage."

She laughed at her own joke, feeling at ease as they walked down the path.

large.jpg

Xael dropped behind Ash and Brax as they became more into each other than the rest of the group. She looked so happy with him it suprised Xael. He'd never seen her so relaxed and at ease around another guy. They kissed and her cheeks flushed, her face breaking into a girlish giggle.

Watching them made Xael think of Luna, and he ached to hold her. More so he just wanted to know if she was alright.

J~

“None as lovely as you though.” He grinned, winking at her as she closed in on him. In the background, he could hear Eli having a snit over her flirtatious methods.

“Oh I know, I’ve met him far too long ago.” Jay chuckled, they’re chat continuing as they wandered down the path.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

While the scenery was beautiful, the wolfs tongue lopped out, her feet pounding against the earth as her muscular body sent her reeling forward with each lunge. At the rate she was going, she’d be at the other town by the half day. While she ran, the girl thought about her history, how the woman had been right about things no one knew. But as her mind kept going into it, one figure stood aside stealing her attention. His blonde hair, his stunning green eyes, his perfectly sweet nature… It had all been too good. Lunar knew that if she’d simply told him not to step in he wouldn’t of. The whole situation was like trying to pet a wolf… Untamable. Grunting it off, the wolf continued to run, her mind remaining on one handsome individual himself.

By the end of the day the group was stepping into a teeny town of only a few streets, exhausted and starving. It was just after supper, the smell of food still wafting from the only inn sitting on the outskirts. None of them complained to getting dinner, and pleasantly found one table for all six of them.

Ashlin was surprised how calm everyone was with each other as they ordered dinner. The conversations around the table remained friendly and light, avoiding anything too serious that could start a brawl. Reyn was throwing her moves at Jay, which kept them both busy at the end of the table. To keep Eli from mauling over the siren and fighting Jay, Ash engaged him in a conversation about fighting techniques with different weapons, and which was best. Xael soon got into it too as did Braxton, everyone having their own opinion on the best weapon, and how to use it. They spoke well through dinner and into a few rounds of drinks.

As their night wound down, the first two to disappear were Reyn and Jay, the pink-haired Siren looking excited with the arm candy she'd won. Xael left next, wanting to see if there were any shops and keep an eye out for Luna who should've made it to the town well ahead of them, but might be wandering aimlessly. It was blatantly obviously to Ashlin that Xael was upset that he'd not seen Luna all day. The poor vampire was already infatuated with the red-head, and his mood had been slipping lower and lower as the day went on. He came back fifteen minutes later, looking like a kicked dog as he explained the shops were closed, and there had been no sign or smell of Luna.

"Probably continued wandering the woods," Ash offered, trying to think positively for his sake, "She'll find us Xael. Like Jay said multiple times today, she's an amazing tracker."

"Sleep might help," she continued, getting up and smiling sadly at Xael, "A nice bed to relax in, and I'm sure by morning she'll be here."

He nodded, more out of politeness than anything. They all strolled up then separated, Elijah having his own room with a girl waiting inside, and Xael having his own room, that he sulked into and closed the door, locking it loudly. Ashlin worried about him for a few more seconds, until they were in their guest room with the door shut and locked. She took a few breaths to shake off the sympathetic feeling, and crossed the room, checking out the queen sized bed and tiny bathroom. While she was inside the small room she quickly flicked her wrist and waved her fingers as she skimmed them across her body. Adding a quiet incantation, her armor evaporated, leaving her momentarily naked, the cool air welcomed on her soft skin.

Ashlin added a second spell to change her into something sexier, and the result was rather pleasing. She wore transparent red laced panties with a matching bra, tickling her skin and leaving little to the imagination. A small string of diamonds connected from the middle of her bra down to the thong she wore, along with two more that hooked from that string to the back of her thong along her hips, hanging loosely. Her whole body had a soft shimmer to it, her ivory skin kissed with a glittery glow. With her long black hair falling in cascades over her shoulders, Ashlin looked stunning.

"Hey Braxton," she purred to Brax in a sultry voice, stepping out of the bathroom and leaning against the wall, letting him take in every inch of her, "Any thoughts of what we should do tonight?"

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She stood, sniffing the ground and taking in the refreshing darkness of the woods. She’d passed the town they’d been talking about long by now, fully caught up in her thoughts as her body ran through the trees. She’d turned back 3 hours ago or so, the town only up the path now as she slowly found her way back. As the towns twinkling lights caught her eyes, the wolf wandering slowly down the paths. She wasn’t near the town yet and her nose had picked him up, pulling her body towards him.

After what felt like ages, the blackened wolf coming to a halt at the back side of the inn. Looking up, her nose sniffed, finding the window to his room. Slowly, the girl leaned down as she allowed the heat within her bones to flourish into pain, each bone snapping as her body began to transform. The wolf squeaked quietly as her skin burned, her bones snapped and moved into place as she became human.

Silently, she laid within the cushy grass for a moment, breathing softly as the moonlight shone down on her breath taking white skin. Slowly, Lunar stood as the pain waved away, brushing it off as she walked towards the inn. Taking in a breath, the girl leaped up as her hands caught the edge of the windowsill as she pulled herself, silently opening the window and slinking into the room. Looking across the room, her perfect body stood within the shining moonlight, streaming in through the window in rays, illuminating her perfectly toned figure. Silver eyes peered up through thick black eyelashes, catching Xael as his body slowly sulked out of the bathroom.

large.jpg

He had bathed, and in only a towel sulked out of the bathroom, rubbing his tired face with a cloth. His body was exhausted and he could barely lift his eyelids as he stumbled to the small double sized bed and crashed on it. The day had been too long, too slow, and too cruel. Watching Braxton and Ash walk hand in hand for hours, and Jay and Reyn flirt through the afternoon...if his mood could sink any lower he'd be surprised. At first he had been upset he hadn't said a thing to her before she trotted off to Change.

But as the hours passed that day, he slowly felt less upset that he had done nothing, and more upset that she hadn't returned. He knew it was selfish -and unfair- to expect her to chose him over her blood, but she'd been gone for a good eight hours or more. How long had the little wolf run?

Rolling in the bed so his head found a pillow, he pulled the blankets around him, trying to shake off the nauseous feeling in his stomach. Another part of him worried she was hurt, but Jay continued to reassure she could handle herself, not to comfort him much. Xael would worry about her till he could see her, in flesh and blood.

A soft creak in the room caught his ears, but his sleep-depraved brain couldn't pinpoint where he heard it. Maybe someone walked in the hall, he thought to himself, or Ash is pressed against my door, still worried.

He rolled over, ignoring the noise and hoping for sleep, praying Luna would find her way to the inn by morning.

Back
Top Bottom