Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

Reyn woke in his arms, feeling the tight muscles work to keep her against his chest as he strolled down the path. It surprised her he wasn't just carrying her over his shoulder. But she didn't complain, his arms comfortable and gentle on her. She drifted back off, content where she was.

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

Two weeks had passed. Two whole weeks of travelling to get to the city, and Ashlin was about ready to murder everyone in the group, save for Braxton. Jay was still hostile to Xael, Luna was constantly snapping at her brother and her mate to behave, and Reyn was furious with Jay for some unknown reason. The siren refused to walk anywhere near him, leaving her at the back of the group too often, where she pouted and made a fuss until Ashlin wanted to scream at her and Elijah.

Finally, though, they were only a few hours away from the city, and Ash sighed in relief, happy to be almost there.

B~
e2fd6184bc6c7a109903155d6ac99e72.jpg

The decrepit ruins had come into sight over the large, over grown trees. The plant life slowly muting the closer they got. The mans right hand remained behind his cloak, hand ready to pull out his whip; while the opposite hand remained around Ash’s waist. Looking down at the girl he smiled softly.

“You excited to get in there?” He whispered into her ear, his teeth nipping at her earlobe softly. While the weeks had been long, the man had defiantly enjoyed being with Ash throughout.

Honestly, I'm ready for this damn contract to be done.

She leaned in to him, kissing him softly before returning to her place beside them as they walked, "I'm happy it's half over."

In the distance she could see the city ruins, some still towering high into the sky. The night before she had checked her map, memorizing the way to the hospital. If they went in from their direction, the hospital was only a half hour walk through the city, but uncovered. She had seen other more stealthy ways from different directions, with more cover to hide, but all of them extended the time inside the city. In the end, she wanted this group in and out quickly.

They had also decided the night before to bring Reyn in. At the last town they'd passed, a week back, Ashlin had bought several shoulder tote bags, big enough to hold plenty of supplies. The leather satchels could be slung over their shoulders, and out of the way if they needed to fight. Reyn would have two though, since her expertise in fighting was minimal. Ashlin was taking another two, since she used magic. The men were each taking only one.

~~

An hour and a half later they were at the edge of the city, Ashlin looking in with a mixture of excitement and fear. Behind her, off to the side, she could hear Xael and Luna whispering softly. The young wolf had her own contract, pleasantly in the city but in a completely different sector. She'd agreed to wait for them when she was done at the edge of the city where they stood now. If for any reason they couldn't meet there, Xael had handed Luna over his tiny mirror, letting Ash communicate with her if need be.

"Brax," she tugged his arm, looking up at him with concern, "Be careful okay? You know how to reach me?"

On their trip she had made a small talisman out of the jagged tooth of a wild cat, which they were fortunate enough to meet on the road. She had spun leather string around it, turning it to a hard silver with her magic around the tooth. The rest of the string she tied around his neck, then encased the talisman with her magic.

"If we get separated," she had told him, pressing his hand to the tooth, "I want you to turn this over three times, then squeeze it as hard as you can. I've made it so it won't break. If you do that, it will activate, and I will know your in trouble and where to find you."

Now she stared at it, worried about him, "Please use it. We'll only be apart for half an hour, but if you need to, please use it."

They had decided to split into two groups to add more stealth to their mission. They would only be two blocks apart, following the same path, but if one group got attacked and the other didn't, it gave the second group a vantage to run in and attack from behind, or to keep going if that was the smarter option. She didn't like how they were split though: the men were going in one group together, and the woman in another. Ash could protect herself and Reyn a lot easier than they could, but it didn't make her any happier that she was stuck with the sulking siren.

The last two weeks Reyn had been avoiding Jay, still pissed that he had the audacity to use her up and walk off. She felt like a dumb object, which had ruined her mood for the whole trip. Nereyda knew she had come on the trip for Elijah though, not Jay, so she tried to keep her mood up when he needed her, then returned to sulking at the back of the group.

As the approached the city edge she made her way up to Ashlin. The siren had grown quite fond of Eli's ex-toy, enjoying her spitfire spirit and soft beauty. If Braxton wasn't in the picture, Nereyda would have stolen the girl for herself, but the sorceress knew she was a siren now and that kept her on her feet around Reyn, watching every word she said.

Still, Nereyda liked the raven-haired woman, and wasn't all too upset she was being thrown with her for the short trip to the hospital.

large.jpg

"Moon of my life," he held her close, breathing in her warm, earthy scents, "Please be careful. Don't linger in there, okay? The faster we are all back out, the faster I'll have you in my arms once more."

He tilted her head back and kissed her deeply, pouring all his love into it until neither of them could breathe. Pulling back he stared at her silvery eyes, worried about leaving her.

"I love you," he whispered, so softly that no one but her could pick it up.

tumblr_meg6hac4vn1rba6npo1_500.gif

Days later, Savannah started feeling bad.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have been so hostile,” she murmured, walking through the trees alongside Andre, hearing the other wolves rustling and prancing through the woods, “Maybe I should have just asked.”

I don’t think asking would have helped, but I can’t say you didn’t go a little overboard.

“Great, so now they probably think I’m some psycho.”

You are never going to see them again, what does it matter?

“Peace of mind,” she shrugged, her chocolate curls bouncing off her shoulders.

Well your peace of mind will have to wait then. You have bigger problems right now Annah.

“Thanks for reminding me,” her voice dropped, staring over at him, “I’m not easing up on my order.”

I know, but I wish you’d reconsider.

~~

Using the memories she’d stolen from Jayson, they were able to sneak into the territory without detection. Well Savannah and Andre were; the night before she had ordered the pack to stand down, find a quiet area nearby, and not to come in for any reason unless Andre came to them. It wasn’t a well-liked order, asking her wolves to leave their Alpha to another pack, and then sit and do nothing.

Andre wasn’t going far either. He was too obvious, even in nighttime, with his white fur and massive frame. They found a small cave he could fit into and he stayed there, closer to her so she could communicate to him if needed, but again out of the fray. Savannah had decided she’d do this alone. There was no way she’d risk her whole pack for her mate, even if the chances were slim she’d survive the upcoming fight.

Slipping silently through the night, she made no noise until she was closer to their den, then abruptly stood up and began walking normally forward. The wolves would hear her instantly, she knew, but her plan needed them to believe she was no threat. Up ahead there was a break in the trees and a wide, circular clearing. As she passed into it she heard several growls escape into the night and waited patiently for them to come forward.

“I’m here to see Abass,” she sighed, shaking her head like the wolves were nothing more than a nuisance, “Are you going to keep me waiting, or bring me to him already?”

A brown wolf slowly stalked out of the trees, eyes glaring at her as he sized her up, accessing where to attack.

“Look, I have a proposition for him,” she stared at her nails, unfazed, “Either bring me to him, or I’ll leave.”

“You won’t be leaving,” someone growled behind her, and a naked man with scars over his fine body strode out of the trees, “You’re trespassing.”

“Well I’m not sure how else I am to get a hold of your Alpha,” she pursed her lips, “Other than coming to him. You’re wasting my time. Let me see your Alpha now, or I walk. And you can crawl back to him to explain your idiocy.”

“What offer?” another voice in the trees asked.

“That’s for him to know,” she shook her head, looking tired of them, “But it involves a mutual agreeance. I need an army, and your pack needs land. Now…Abass?”

“You tell us, we bring it to him,” he retorted, unmoving.

“For fuck sakes,” she shook her head, “My baby sister has decided to take it amongst herself to own a pack, or whatever it is you call it. She has wolves that follow her, although I’m not sure how she managed it. My sister Savannah was always greedy, never content with what she got from our father, Lucifer. Now I don’t know how she’s managed it, but she has gained quite the territory with this pack, almost bordering yours. I heard they made a run at your pack the other day, I do hope you gave her a run for her money. I would like your pack to destroy the rest of my sister’s. Knock her down a few notches. Take her land too, as you like.”

He snorted, unimpressed but muttered something about passing it along and to wait there. She waited, letting them discuss among themselves. Every inch of her stayed on edge though, careful not to underestimate them. This was their territory after all, and at any second one of them could decide she wasn’t worth the hassle. Then she caught the sound of running paws, telling her a few were going to Abass. Her eyes scanned the rest of the trees, knowing there was no way they’d leave her alone. Mentally she reached out to Andre, confirming he was still safe. The pack would be combing their lands now for any other intruders, looking for any means to kill her. She was thankful they’d been wise enough to mask Andre’s smell, rolling him in mud and river water before they entered the territory. If anyone found her trail, it would smell like Savannah and her alone.

After what felt like hours of waiting, the naked man returned with two other wolves, but no one else. A sinking feeling hit her stomach as the man grinned, showing missing teeth. Immediately her senses caught the sound of rushing feet behind her and she whipped around and ducked as a black wolf lunged at her, barely missing him. Bouncing back to her feet, she turned on the wolf, glaring in fury.

“I’ll take that as a no?” she growled, lowering her stance so she was ready to fight…or run.

The wolves in the clearing rushed her including the third wolf, but this time Savannah was ready. It was three on one, and she quickly dispatched them, until she stood over three dead bodies, seething at the naked man.

“Bring it on then,” she yelled, raising her arms wide.

Behind her she heard the huff of a breath and dropped into a split, flattening herself to the ground as two wolves bolted through the air she had just occupied. Pushing up, she kicked one square in the jaw, breaking the bone cleanly, while sending an uppercut into the other one’s muzzle. Both looked dazed and she dashed forward, pouncing on the first beast of a wolf and snapping his neck before rolling off and slicing the second one with her small knife. Five more entered the clearing, as she dispersed with the last two. I can’t keep fighting with my hands.

She bounced on the balls of her feet, sheathing her small knife and reaching into the air, looking as if she was simply raising her arms. Focusing she could feel the small pull, the air shimmering in her hands. Suddenly there were two swords, one katana in each hand, their silver blades glowing in a fiery blue that lit up the clearing.

The five wolves attacked, and her swords sliced them with ease, cutting through thick fur and flesh like it was water. As the blade hit their skin, it burnt them, shooting pain through them. Those that got cut and dodged out of the way fell into seizures, the pain overtaking them as they slowly died. Two she killed instantly, and their bodies burst into ash as the sword finished the job, extinguishing their existence. But as she fought the five, more arrived, slowly growing more and more, overwhelming her.

Andre I need you. Now!

She sent the command out, jumping back into the middle of the clearing and catching a glimpse of Abass’ furious look before turning to fight off the gathering force of wolves wanting to tear her to shreds.

~~

Move…just move, Savannah begged herself, staring at her blood soaked hands. She knelt beside a pile…a pile of rotting corpses, their stench filling her nostrils and making her gag. There had been so much death; she was surprised Abass never called his pack off. But Savannah stood her ground, killing one then another…and another. Andre had joined quickly, taking down pack members as they raced through the trees, trying to dwindle the number gathering in the clearing.

Looking up with haunted eyes, she stared at the pile, then over to the man bound to a tree. With all the death she dealt, Savannah couldn’t bring herself to kill the man just yet, instead tying him up to a tree with pure silver chains.

“Look at that,” she whispered, pointing at the pile, “Why didn’t he stop that?”

There were more pack members, she knew. There had to be some out exploring, maybe others in their den. She’d caught a few wolves hesitant to fight at the edge of the clearing and sent mental nudges at them to walk away, to leave the fight and come back when all was over. But it wouldn’t make up for the dozens she had killed, their lives nothing more to their Alpha then spare pawns.

The demon in her was well sated, but her other side couldn’t handle what she’d done. Slowly she went back to the pile, and produced a small flame in her hands. Her ability to control the elements was something only her angelic side offered, and it was itching to be freed from the confines of her body. She ignored that itch, focusing on lighting the pile and burning the remaining bodies. The clearing was covered in ash as well, from the wolves she had killed instantly who turned to dust in front of her eyes.

“So much death,” she breathed, soaking it in and repelling it at the same time.

A soft whine beside her made her look up at Andre, his dark eyes watching hers. He knew what this did to her, and he didn’t like the smell of the dead either.

“C’mon,” she spoke calmly, turning to face the man, “I’m getting Damion, and we are leaving.”

As they walked past him she spun a second fireball and sent it into his lap, letting his groin burn first then his entire body. As he screamed and writhed, dying slowly, Andre and Savannah continued forward.

It wasn’t hard to find the underground den she needed, since she already knew their territory by heart. Making her way down she found a tiny maze of dank, dark, torch lit cobblestone corridors with doors lining their sides, leading to very basic stone rooms with little decoration. Andre had remained at the entrance, watching for anyone trying to come in. From Jayson’s memories, this was the den they kept all captives, so Savannah had to tread carefully. She couldn’t simply open rooms and let every prisoner out; she was sure a few should remain locked up. Still she stopped and listened at each, trying to catch any familiar sense of Damion. Sticking to the shadows, Savannah also watched for guards, or any wolves patrolling. At one door she paused, recognizing the scent around it but not placing whose scent it was. Then she moved on.

Eventually she found the room he was in, his scent wafting through the door.

“Damion,” she called, banging on the door first. If there were any guards, they’d have heard her, but she didn’t care.

From down the halls she heard a couple growls and grunts, and the ripping of flesh. They must have ran into Andre before her, and he could disperse of them. She focused on the door, using all her strength to kick it in, off its hinges. It took two tries but it finally caved in.

Inside was a stone bed and Damion, tied up and bound to the bed. Several instruments lay around his naked body, all with the intent to torture. His eyes lay closed, his breathing ragged and forced through his cracked lips. Scars littered his body from old and new wounds, tarnishing his perfect tanned skin. Tears sprang into her eyes the minute she saw him, finally able to hold him and breathe him in.

“Dam-“ her voice cracked and broke and she rushed forward, throwing her arms on him as she basked in his presence.

Untying him from the bed quickly, Damion’s tired soul remained sleeping, refusing to get up. She expected as much, after being tortured for weeks. Dimly she wondered how he’d managed to stay alive so far, and why they hadn’t killed him sooner. She was grateful though; if they had been quicker to execute him, her life would have been over the day his was.

She lifted his body with ease over her shoulder, embarrassed at her amount of strength that no ordinary woman would have, and that most men didn’t either. Carrying him out the room, she turned back the way she came, intent on leaving quickly. But as she stepped past that door with its familiar scent, curiosity struck her and she decided to peek inside. Lowering Damion to the ground against the wall, she slowly opened the door to look in.

~~

Days later they were miles away, making as much space as they could. Damion slept soundly on the back of one of the oldest wolves, Yulen. Her mate was still too exhausted and beaten from his weeks in captivity, and while all the wounds had healed, he had only woken once to see her dazzling smile and relax back into a deep sleep.

Yulen, Andre, and Savannah walked alone on the path, waiting for the rest of the pack to catch up at their own rate. Most of them were still sour from missing the fight, but they were alive, and that was what she cared about. She’d let them go off hunting an hour ago to brighten their moods, and they were slowly coming back, one by one. While she watched Damion, she heard Andre snort in annoyance, still bitter that she had left Abass alive.

“There was enough death that day,” she explained for the millionth time to him, standing up for her decision, “I killed half his pack. I took what was mine back. I’m letting him live with what happened, not giving him the serenity of death.”

And what of what you stole?

It’s not stealing if they ask to come. It’s granting a wish.

Andre turned his head, staring over his shoulders at the girl sleeping on his back, her pale hair falling in sheets around her petite face, almost matching Andre’s sleek white fur.

B~

Leaning in, his arms wrapped around the girl pressing his lips to hers, as she pulled away, Braxton smiled sweetly at her.

“I’m just happy I’m here with you.” He replied softly, kissing her forehead as his arm laced down and around her hip. Looking forward, the man looked at the ruins before them, readying himself for the mission ahead.
-----
As time passed, the group chatted about the upcoming situation with the city. Talking over the different procedures, and the different problems they may occur, they finally wrapped up what seemed the best idea. While the group support it, Braxton’s arm still remained thoroughly attached to Ash as they began to part ways.

As Ash pulled at him, both haunting eyes looking down at her sadly.

“I’m not the one who needs to be careful.” He retorted softly, leaning in to kiss her softly. As Ash pressed his hand to the tooth, the man softly wrapped his hand around it.

“And if you need me… All you need to do is mutter my name… And I’ll be there in a flash.” He whispered, his hand moving up from her hip to her cheek to stroke it with his thumb softly. As the group slowly pushed forward, starting to split up, Braxton’s arms reached around her, swiftly gripping her waist as he spun and lowered the girl, leaning down to kiss her passionately.

“Be safe.” He whispered, both ghostly eyes looking down at her with concern.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

“My sun and my stars.” She breathed, both silver eyes beaming up at him as her arms wrapped around his neck, her hands resting on the back of his neck softly.

As he tilted her head back, both eyes fluttered at his touch, her breath stuttering as he kissed her. Warmth poured into her soul, and heated every inch of her body with passion and her inner hunger for his touch, and being. Kissing deeply back, the girl’s heart stopped until he pulled back, both gorgeous and eye catching green eyes taking over her focus.

“You don’t need to worry about me.” She mumbled sweetly, “You’d be surprised how often I do this. I need you to be careful, I need you to come back to my arms.” She whispered, both silver eyes painfully looking up at him. The girl broke eye contact with Xael for only a moment, a hand slipping down to behind her, grabbing a small silvery object from a back pouch.

“If you need me…” She whispered, her other hand slipping down to grab his hand as she placed the soft cool object in his grasp before she wrapped his hand around it.

“If you need me… This is a special whistle. I picked this up in the last town, all you need to do is blow it once and I’ll be at your side before you can even remove it from your lips.” She spoke softly, looking back up at him with loving silver eyes.

“I love you more than the earth and the air.” She breathed, leaning in to kiss him softly again.

“Come back to me, in one piece.” She whispered.

They left first, her and Reyn. Every fibre of hers stood on edge as they entered the massive city, shoes crunching over broken conrete and asphalt that was long forgotten.

"Don't stray far," Ash spoke softly, careful not to raise it too loud and wake something up, "I need to be able to protect you if something jumps out."

They continued walking, getting deeper and deeper, while the city grew quieter. Soon the silence grew deafening, and Ashlin stopped and stilled, listening.

"Reyn," she whispered, beckoning the girl beside her.

They stepped in line together, and Ash drew her energy together, ready to cast at a moments notice.

Suddenly all around them burst into noise, as the building around them abrupted with bodies of fallen men. The mutagen had revived them, but in grosteque ways, making them shuffle and moan, or drag their bodies along the ground. Ash shoved Reyn behind her, tossing her hood back to take a good look around them. Quickly they were being surrounded, and soon would be overwhelmed. Placing two fingers in front of her lips, Ashlin spoke a well-recited Latin incantation, and the air around them shimmered and turned a pale blue.

"Force field," Ash explained at Reyn's curious look, "They can't get in. Stay here!"

Before the siren could stop her she tore out of the force field, into the thick of the hoard. Unsheathing both her knives she swung at the first few that lunged at her, yelling casts as the others closed in.

She...she jumped out...

The young sorceress had protected Reyn and then jumped into the thick of things, throwing her life in peril and leaving Reyn safe and sound. She had no want to leave the small force field protecting her, but a flash of concern crossed her, worried about the raven-haired beauty. She could no longer see her over the hoard pressing themselves against the magic bubble.

large.jpg

Once the girls had left, and Luna and Jay were on their way, the last three set off. None of them spoke, Braxton and Xael worried about their women, and Elijah indifferent about it all.

They got halfway through the city when Xael picked up the sound of creaking from the building beside them. Stopping, he tried to pick up another noise, but the area had gone still.

"Something might be in-"

His sentence got caught as a massive beast broke through the second floor, shattering all the glass and making the entire building creak and bend. It smashed into the concrete and roared at them, unfazed about the jump it had just made.

Xael had seen one of these before. Everyone named them differently, but he called them Goliaths. It was a humanoid creature, but magnified to a towering height. Its huge muscles were clothed in scraps of fur and leather, and it wielded a heavy looking club that it swung directly at Xael.

Dodging, he somersaulted out of the way and hopped to his feet. Braxton and Elijah were already in fight stances, ready to take on the enormous beast and Xael joined them, his short swords at the ready.

tumblr_nf8ornRzNf1t3jnfyo1_500.gif

Catch her!

Whipping through the trees, Savannah avoided each branch and twig with ease, speeding like the wind through the woods. Around her she could hear the crackle of brush as the pack rushed forward, their massive bodies somehow remaining almost perfectly silent as they wove through the trees with ease. Centuries of evolution had granted them their bear-like bodies and sleek stealth.

I caught her scent. She’s heading East.

Savannah changed course, as did the pack, all of them curving east. She moved wider, getting more room between the pack and her.

Yulen move out!

Yulen was on the opposite side of the pack’s formation and moved farther as she had, then quickened his pace. As the fastest wolf in the pack, he was the closest to matching her speed, so as she increased her pace he was able to keep up. The two of them ran forward, while the rest of the pack followed behind their prey.

Closing in. Smell her now.

Andre was still learning tracking, but he had the best senses, and he could sniff out a rabbit from a mile away. Having him follow the scent with the pack was the best way to teach him tracking, although he’d already lost the scent twice.

Yulen. Curve and catch.

She widened her run, moving farther out and pushing her speed even faster. The trees began to blur but she ignored them, counting down in her head and turning sharply. In her head she could feel Yulen doing the same, and they both abruptly turned inwards.

See her!

To her left she could hear growls and snaps, the pack closing in but not quite there. Ahead of her she spotted Yulen rushing through the trees and put her brakes on. Yulen slowed too, until they were only a few feet apart, hunkered down. Now Savannah could smell her, getting close, fear mixed with excitement sweating off her body. Closer…closer…

Lunging out Savannah tackled her prey, throwing her to the ground. Yulen jumped out too, body low and ready if the prey tried to squirm away. As Savannah caught her breath and the pack caught up, she slowly started laughing, her melodious voice filling the air.

“You gave us quite the run for our money,” she chuckled, pulling herself up and reaching down, “Want a hand?”

“No, I got it.”

Using her own momentum she jumped to her feet, arching her back gracefully. Dusting the dirt from her dark leather pants she smiled at her newest tutor, and friend.

“I’m getting faster,” she grinned, “You took a whole ten minutes this time.”

“Andre kept losing the trail,” Savannah explained, leading them back the way they had ran in an easy walk, “He’s still learning too.”

They looked to their left where Andre had walked up beside them and kept pace. The massive werewolf had grown oddly protective of the young woman, not letting her far from his sights. She didn’t seem to mind much, but Savannah was beginning to worry that he was becoming attached. And that wouldn’t work out…for either of them.

“We should go collect Damion and move on,” Savannah instructed, “There’s a city nearby we’re crossing through. Lots of time to practice tracking there.”

B~

They had been as silent as the air itself, but that hadn’t stopped a massive creature releasing itself from the building it stood cloaked in. Looking around, the man grunted as he jumped out of the way; Braxton’s body pushed up into the air, leaving him soaring down to the earth a fair enough distance away. Looking over, the creature moved to grab his whip, allowing the sleak piece of leather material lash out to curl around the monsters wrist gripping the club.

“Eli.” He called out, watching the demonic creature leap away as his hands pressed together in front of him. As quickly as Braxton saw it, a flash of light lit up the area forcing the man to turn his head with his free hand forcing its way up to block the blinding light. As soon as he turned his head, a dark creature slithered out of the destruction of the building and disappearing as quickly as it appeared.

E~
hottest-tattooed-male-models43-e1408993262331.jpg

Jumping, the man’s hands forced themselves together, pressure building within his palms as he compressed the air together. Forcing his darkness into the compressed air, the light exploded as it was forced away with the darkness. His air ruffled, his emerald green eyes clouded with darkness as even the evil took over the whites of his eyes. Looking up, A dark figure flashed in Eli’s vision as the light faded to the grayness of the overhanging sky. As the Halfling stood, a darkened blade fluttered with the air as his darkness created a blade with his inner darkness. Looking up, the demon hugged, his eyes staring darkly up at the creature as Eli’s body launched forward, his limbs seeming more lean with the quickness of his pace as his body launched at the creature. Within second’s the club hit the ground, the creatures hand flailing uselessly as it hit the ground harshly.

An ear wrenching noise left the gruesome creatures mouth as Eli stood behind it, a darkened feeling taking over him as another creatures aura hit him within the still air. Turning, Eli looked towards the group, Braxton quickly withdrawing his whip only to lash out again at the creature.

large.jpg

Xael watched Elijah delivered a blow then ran at the creature, pushing off it's detached ligament and jumping onto its back. With two quick strokes both his swords were embedded in the monsters neck, blood spraying his clothes.

"Someone kill it!" he screamed, holding on with an iron grip as the Goliath roared and squirmed.

E~

Gracefully twirling, the creature launched upwards, his body lunging at the creature as Eli’s darkened blade swiftly and easily sliced through the creatures neck, its grotesque head savagely hitting the ground. Landing with ease, the man looked back, the blade slowly evaporating within the air as the creatures blood pooled along the pavement. Looking over at the two, Eli raised an eyebrow.

“Really guys? That wasn’t that hard.” He groaned, dusting his hands off before walking quickly in the direction they were heading. Looking back towards the building, Elis foot slowed as he examined the air. It seemed odd how the feeling of death and darkness had over powered the air, long before the creature had taken its last breath; least that’s what Eli thought. Shrugging it off silently, Eli’s body began moving seamlessly.

The air was still, the city silent as death rained over it and through it. Infected with the dead, the hunters faced millions of unsuspecting creatures. Slowly, the air shifted, and with that so did it. Watching the girls the creature watched before slowly sinking down through the roof, allowing itself to face more creatures the lower it sank. Finally hitting the main floor, it looked upon a creature feasting on the dead. Skin pealed, muscle torn and infected, bubbling up and effecting the skin and bone alike.

“We have guests. Fresh blood.” It taunted, and like that, the shadow was gone leaving the beasts head to rise and a malicious roar to leave its famined lungs.

Don't call out to him. You got this!

She cracked the fire around her, throwing it around her like a circle. It kept the undead at bay for only seconds, until the crowd pushed the front runners into the flame, making a fleshy bridge to cross.

"For fuck sakes," she screamed, "Just die!"

She tossed a energy bolt spell at three, and another fireball but the mass didn't dwindle. Suddenly she caught Reyn's scream. The force field! Shit!

Forcing a path through the creatures, she caught sight of Reyn, before the hoard swallowed her up. Gathering all her energy in her hands, she shot it out with such a ferocity that it cleared a path straight to Reyn, disintegrating anything it touched. Racing forward, she dropped to one knee in front of the siren.

"Reyn," she breathed, her body shaking with sweat, "Are you hurt?"

"No," the woman looked up at her with saucer wide blue eyes, "Thank you."

The crowd was reshaping around them quickly, "Don't thank me yet. I can't beat them all. We need to run. Stick near me."

Pulling the siren to her feet, the sorceress grabbed her hand and held onto it hard, using her free hand to cast. Her first spell was the easiest, another fire ring spell to create a small clearing. After that she through spell after spell at them, slowly making a path that they could run through, dodging the bodies that got too close.

It felt like eternity stuck in the rotting stench of corpses ambling to kill them. Reyn felt helpless, knowing her small knife would do nothing to help Ash. The sorceress had not only protected her, but rescued her, and was single-handily fighting them off as they tore a path through.

Eventually the hoard thinned and they broke free, running several blocks before slowing. The one thing zombies couldn't do was run.

"Thank you," Reyn breathed, gasping for fresh air as she leaned over.

"Welcome," Ashlin croaked, her voice dry and broken.

Reyn looked over the pale sorceress, seeing the light in her eyes dimming. The amount of energy and magic Ashlin had to use had been intense, and Reyn was astounded she still stood.

"You didn't have to come back for me," Reyn smiled, squeezing Ash's hand that she still held.

"I don't leave people," Ash muttered, looking set in her ways, "Were you hurt?"

"No...but you..."

"I'm fine, c'mon."

Ashlin turned to walk, but Nereyda could see the tiredness in her face, the exhaustion in her eyes. She tugged back, pulling Ash towards her to ask her to stop and rest. But she tugged too hard and the raven-haired beauty spun into Reyn. Their lips collided, and as soon as it happened they both pulled back.

"Shit," Reyn swore, making space between her and the woman.

Damn she has soft lips...no no no, don't think like that. Elijah will kill me if he thinks I'm stealing his toy. Ex-toy.

Ashlin's face had turned bright red, and she stammered but faltered, trying to make sense of it all. Then she stepped forward and tripped, her body falling. She hit the ground with a loud thump and whatever had kept the sorceress going faded. She curled up, shaking as her body felt the withdrawals from overusing her magic.

I got to get her to the group, Reyn thought, watching Ashlin slip in and out of conciousness, fighting it, I can't wait here with those undead on their way. But she's going to kill me if I touch her again. Oh fuck fuck fuck.

Helping the half drowsy woman up, she slung one arm around Ash, ignoring her protests.

"I'm not trying to sleep with you, or feel you up," Reyn snapped as Ash complained about both, "It was an accident. People are always driven towards sirens. Be thankful I'm not interested. Well I am...but you are not worth the hassle. Now...c'mon. We need to get to that damn hospital before we are both dead."

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

The wolf stopped, sniffing the air she turned back to the wolf behind her. Nodding her head in another direction, they stopped to think. She nodded her head, allowing the brown wolf to slink off while she made her way through the ruins. They’d seen several dead, but had slunk past them undetected. Slowly wandering forward, the blackish-red wolf continued to make her way towards the house, only several blocks now.

J~
black-wolf-skull4.jpg

He puffed, his dirt matted fur shuffling painfully as he made his way through the streets. The two had already covered a large amount of land, separating them from the group in an unhelpful manner. Both golden eyes covered the area as he slunk through the streets, staying unnoticed within the shadows as his massive body slowly made its way towards the scent.

Puffing softly, the wolf pulled up looking at the two helpless girls. Slowly he leaned down, nudging Ash with his nose and looking at Reyn before looking at his back. His breath was steadying as he waited patiently for the weight to hit his back before he would push up to begin moving with the siren.

large.jpg

Xael fell with the head, landing gracefully beside it. Wiping the blades off he sheathed them, all the while ignoring Elijah's comment.

"Hope the women are faring better," he commented as he fell in line with Braxton, "How much longer till we hit the hospital?"

~~

It took them another hour to walk there, and as they arrived they noticed the lack of female group members. Instantly both Xael and Braxton wanted to look for them, but as Elijah reasoned they may have had to detour and it would be best to wait. Another half hour past and Xael was dancing on the balls of his feet when he heard three heartbeats, two stronger than the other.

"Three of them are coming," Xael exclaimed, "But one of them is injured."

As they approached the front of the hospital, Reyn spotted all three men coming towards them. Ashlin had passed out, completely unconscious, once Jay had offered his back to her. They looked quizzically at Jay, and Reyn felt the need to explain.

"We got away," Reyn called out, "Jay found us. Ashlin's not doing well."

Well that quickened their pace, Reyn thought as all three men stepped up their walk, heading straight for the sorceress.

B~

As soon as his eyes caught sight of her, his body was swiftly moving to her side, his strong arms pulling the raven haired beauty off the wolf’s back within a heartbeat.

“Shit, Ash” He mumbled, looking down at her as he held the woman bridal style. White haunted eyes stared down at her, concern overwhelming him as he looked up at Reyn with concern.

“She used too much magic… Didn’t she?” He asked softly, his voice shaking softly.

E~

Looking over, the man watched a stupidly large wolf with a body draped over it. Beside him, Reyn walked, concerned and tired from their chosen path. Looking around, the Halfling oversaw the area, tasting the air to make sure the area was as safe as it could be.

In the far distance, a creature roared angrily, forcing birds to spook; from the distance, the Halfling brushed it off, fully well knowing that the distance was too great between it and them.

Walking forward, Eli looked over them.

“What happened Reyn?” He asked, ignoring Braxton’s despair as he wanted to know the situation.

"We got caught up with a hoard of the undead," she breathed, seeing Braxton's worry and Xael's concern as he hovered near the Australian, "Ashlin did everything in her power to protect me and get us out of there. And yes, before you ask, I thanked her profusely. She saved both our lives. Then uh..."

Then you kissed her...but you don't want them knowing that.

"Then she got really drowsy," Reyn eyes turned to the sleeping beauty, "Jay found us then and offered her a ride, and she passed out. I think its just exhaustion though. I didn't see any wounds."

Her violet eyes felt heavy as consciousness pulled her awake. The last thing she could remember was her lips against Reyn's, the sheer surprise in both of them, and the unwanted feeling neither of them expected: enjoyment.

More sleep, she urged herself, not wanting to think on it any longer.

Slowly she began registering the voices around her, and the familiar arms holding her. Brax...

Her eyes fluttered open, looking right away for his shining white one's that cooled every storm in her. Just seeing him pushed the cold in her skin, the tired ache in her bones. It also brought forth her guilt and regret, the kiss still lingering in her thoughts.

"Brax," she croaked against cracked lips, seeing the relief on his face as he looked down to see her waking.

E~

Eli’s emerald eyes looked down at Reyn, then looking over at Ash.

“You two could have called.” He grunted, looking back and forth between the two girls.

B~

Looking up at Reyn Braxton nodded between her and the wolf, slightly shocked with the mass of the furry beast before them.

“Thank you” He breathed, looking down at Ash just as her eyes began to flutter open.

“Hey beautiful.” He smiled down at her, joy at her awakening filling him.

“How are we feeling?” He asked softly.

"Yeahhhh...we could've. But noooo, we are definitely too stubborn," Reyn joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"It was Ash's call when she wanted reinforcement," she added, "I don't have some super hunk boyfriend that can hear me calling from a mile away."

"Sore," she whispered, her muscles feeling beaten and the annoying but familiar headache starting to surge, "But triumphant. You should've seen the mass."

B~

Braxton looked up at the siren for a fraction of second before looking down at his little sorceress.

“You shouldn’t of done that…” He whispered softly, concern still tugging at his soul.

“You know I would of come…” He mumbled down before her words hit him. He smiled softly down at her.

“I can only imagine how sexy you looked fighting off the undead.” He winked softly grinning at her.

She knew she could have called him, but Ashlin had desperately wanted to prove to them, and herself, that she could fight on her own. However, now she was drained and exhausted, having already spent most if not all of her magic. It rendered her useless if another fight came up, which in a city this size was sure to come.

His words tugged a smile out of her and she leaned her head into his shoulder, getting comfortable.

"Mhm...sexy as...as fuck," she giggled, coughing while she spoke.

large.jpg

Upon seeing Jay Xael panicked that Luna wasn't with him. Why would she send him off? Is she hurt? Why is he so calm?

It took him a second to breathe and realize Luna must have caught the sense of trouble and sent Jay, knowing she could finish her contract with ease alone. He had to trust her to come back to him safely, but a nagging fear continued to grip his heart that something bad was stirring.

"I'm glad your okay Ash," Xael turned his attention on his friend, coming up beside them and speaking softly, then added louder to the group, "We should probably get what we need and then get the fuck out of here, before someone else is down for the count."

Reyn heard Ashlin's soft spoken words to Braxton and couldn't help the flush crossing her cheeks. No wonder Elijah wanted to keep his hooks in her...

Turning her face away, she looked off into the distance, waiting till the blush left before facing the group. Eli wasn't a fool; if he saw her blushing he'd put the puzzle pieces together faster than anyone. Even now she could feel his eyes on her, wondering what she was staring at.

"Xael's right," Reyn retorted, turning back to the group with her best poker face, "That hoard might head this way. Better to get in and out quick."

B~

Smiling down softly, Braxton kissed her forehead.

“Shhhhh.” He soothed, turning to the group and nodding towards the inside of the hospital while slowly beginning to walk inside.

J~
black-wolf-skull4.jpg

The wolf looked at the group, his golden eyes watching while edging forward with the group. Taking several steps towards Xael, the wolf leaned his massive body into the man. Nudging the man with his nose, the wolf made a gruff noise, hoping to help the mans unease. While he was completely against what the two had done, the man could sense his worry towards his alpha.

E~

Looking over at the siren, the Halfling raised a brow while stepping up to her quietly. Normally the woman wasn’t this silent and so shy, but there was something that she wasn’t wanting to admit to.

“Let’s get moving.” Eli grunted, his hand sliding out to rest on Reyns lower back to lead her inside.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She grunted softly, the soft bear within her jaws as she sunk her head down. Her large body slowly made its way under the destroyed ruins of the house. Large silver eyes watching and keeping an eye out, her ears twitching at any little noise within the rubble. As Lunar made her way out the door, she ducked under a large wooden railing, slipping out of a hole in the side of the building and out into the shadows of the building. As soon as her body was out of the building, a surge of pain pulsed through her veins. Her limbs locked up and the wolf yelped softly as her head flew up, only to sink down. The shadows curled and twisted around her, a fowl odor overtaking her sensitive nose and awakening the creature within. The wolf laid, limbs twitching ever so softly as her blood boiled and washed over, pieces of her flesh beginning to flop down her neck, legs, ribs and other points of her body while her bones shifted. A soft cackle hung within the stiff air, and a click of a bone collar sealed the creature within.

Reyn flinched as Elijah's hands rested on her back, but let him lead.

Get it together! she scolded herself, Just don't think about her.

large.jpg

He felt Jay's muzzle nudge him, trying to calm the worry in Xael over his mate, Jay's Alpha. He nodded at the wolf, turning and walking towards the hospital, but the unease remained in his gut. Something isn't right.

When they got to the entrance of the hospital they all positioned themselves on either side of the door, in case when they opened it a beast or hoard came out. Luckily it was clear, but everyone remained on guard as they entered.

"We should split up," Ash coughed, and shivered, but she was standing now, uncurling herself from Braxton's arm so she could be of use, "We can cover more ground in here quicker, and we won't be more than a few doors away from each other. Brax is coming with me."

"As will I," Xael offered, "Jay and Elijah can go with Reyn. Deal?"

Back
Top Bottom