Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

B~
e2fd6184bc6c7a109903155d6ac99e72.jpg

Hesitantly, the man released her; both hands still out in-case she needed his help. They had been prepared for more of a fight, yet the hospital remained silent and quiet… For now. Nodding, Braxton looked at the group.

“Unless shit is still awkward with you mates?” He commented, eyeing the three.

J~
black-wolf-skull4.jpg

Jay stiffened at the group he’d be placed in, the wolf chuffing and beginning to walk off, ready to search alone rather than face Reyns spiteful glances from his mistake several weeks ago. The wolf shook out his large main like fur, stretching his large legs out. Tasting the air, the wolf stopped and sniffed, strange scents pulling at his nose.

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

They agreed to split up, Ash's group taking the left wing, and Elijah's group taking the right wing. If any trouble arose, they could simply holler. They checked each room, but the first hall was full of empty rooms with beds. The second hall had more empty rooms, and it wasn't until the third hall they were in, towards the back of the hospital that they found anything.

“Try that one,” Ash pointed at a door, before sliding down the opposite wall, needing a break to catch her breath, "You two go in."

Xael stepped in first, using his heightened sense of sight to discern what was inside. What he described was mostly shelving, filled with assorted sized boxes all labelled.

“We may have found something,” he called back in summary, stepping in deeper, "Braxton come in here.”

While Ashlin waited in the hall, Xael and Brax filled their bags full from the storage room, scavenging anything that looked useful. As the vampire finished up he stepped out and collected Ashlin's bags, returning to fill those. As Braxton came out, Ashlin called for his attention, needing help getting back to her feet.

"I'm tired handsome," she murmured into his chest, letting him embrace her, "Can we go?"

“Almost done,” Xael called out from inside the storage room, “Then we can definitely go.”

“Good,” Ashlin exclaimed, her voice stronger than when she woke, “Careful in there though. This hospital looks like it can crumble at any moment.”

A enormous crashing noise came from the storage room as she spoke, numbing her to the core. Immediately Ashlin jumped forward, forgetting her tiredness and pain, crowding the door frame. Ahead of her all that could be seen was concrete blocks and pieces, the roof completely caved in.

“XAEL!” Ashlin screamed, her voice ringing in their ears, “XAEL!”

tumblr_nf8ornRzNf1t3jnfyo1_500.gif

“C’mon,” Savannah called, climbing a fallen telephone pole and jumping onto the roof of an old hospital, “This way.”

“What is your fascination with the dead cities, love?” Damion asked, coming up from behind her.

In the week since she’d rescued him his strength had come back increasingly each day. Now he was back to his old self, staying near her but giving her the space she loved. Damion knew her like no one else did, and it made Savannah love him all the more.

“I just remember them when they weren’t dead,” she smiled, “How busy all the streets were. How noisy everything was. It’s fascinating how everything changed. Now c’mon. I’m not sure how stable this roof is.”

“I think its stable enough,” a voice spoke up behind them.

“I wouldn’t test it,” Damion replied.

“Oh it’s not that dangerous,” she shot back.

There was a large crack and both Damion and Savannah whipped around in tune to see pale white hair as it fell through the roof.

“KAYDEN!”

B~

Braxton’s body easily glided over to Ash, his arms folding out to help pick her up. But as uickly as he was ready to hold his beautiful woman, had there been the noise… His ears rang and his body quickly sped back, his arms flying out as he attempted to dig through cement rubble now lying within the doorway of the store room.

It felt like it had been hours that Braxton’s hands ripped at the stone like material, desbrately trying to help dig out the man he’d thoughtlessly left in the room.

“Shit… No, No… Fuck!” His hand slammed down, the cement crumbling into dust with the swift movement. Regret washed over him, guilt surging through every vein in his body as his newly gained Conrad laid within the rubble.

"It's useless!" Ashlin cried, lying on her knees in tears.

She had been too weak to help him move rubble, and too drained to use any magic. Her closest friend was in that room, crushed, and there was no way they could get to him.

"The whole room caved in," she gasped, hyperventilating in pain and despair, "Oh my god...he's dead. Dead. Brax...he's dead. If he was alive, we'd have heard him by now. He's dead...oh my god he's dead."

Above them the ceiling crackled and she looked up in time she see a thin crack growing along the roof. Part of her wanted to join Xael, to be done with it. But another part knew it was selfish of her to give up.

"We have to leave," she whined, gulping in air, "Braxton the roof is caving in! We have to go!"

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

They heard the crashing noise, but were too far to do anything. When all remained quiet, Reyn pointed out they could quickly finish in the room they were in then head over.

"If it was trouble, they'd yell," she mused, filling her totes, "We'll finish as quick as possible..."

Once they were done Elijah and her began to head over, finding Jay along the way. Near the entrance though they caught sight of Ash and Braxton running towards them, their bags swinging.

"Roofs collapsing!" Ashlin cried, her voice cracking with the effort, "Get out now!"

Reyn threw herself at the entrance door slamming it open wide and letting everyone out. Jay was the last, and as he fled she followed getting several paces away before turning to the group.

"Where's Xael?" she asked, suddenly noticing the missing group member, "Brax? Ash?"

Before anyone could say anything a snarl rippled through the air, making their heads all turn in unison at the new threat.

tumblr_nf8ornRzNf1t3jnfyo1_500.gif

Skidding to the hole in the roof, Savannah peered down, looking into the dark abyss.

“Kayden! Kayden, c’mon answer me. God damn it girl!”

“We should go in,” Damion was at her side, his hand on her shoulder, “She might be hurt.”

“Stay up here to pull her out,” Savannah instructed, kissing him quickly before lowering herself in.

Play’s time over. Kayden fell. We will round up at the back of the hospital and ready ourselves to leave the city.

While her pack was out and about the city, fighting off monsters for fun and running through the streets amok, they still kept a close ear for her call. As she pushed her mind out she could feel each of them, and many more. Over the years Savannah had trained herself to seek only the minds she recognized, ignoring the rest. Still, as she lowered herself into the hole, one mind tugged at her telepathy, familiar and yet strange.

“Kayden,” she spoke softly so her voice wouldn’t echo off the walls as she slipped into the dark, looking the white-haired girl, “Fuck, Damion I think she knocked herself out.”

Her ears picked up muffled voices and her eyes shot up to Damion before looking around for the source. Turning, she noticed the roof had caved in such a way that barricaded the room, destroying what looked to be shelves, and the doorway. Behind the blockage she could hear voices murmuring and crying out, but the barrier kept them muffled.

She shuffled around, using her sense of smell and hearing to find the woman. Every time she took two steps though a different scent hit her nose, making her lose track. The room wasn’t big, but with all the rubble it became hard to sort out. After ten minutes of tripping over rocks and broken wood, she finally heard a soft coughing and some rocks being jostled. Hurrying over she found Kayden getting up looking dazed, staring at a broken piece of wood that pierced her thigh

“C’mon sweetheart,” Savannah pulled the wood out and got her to her feet then pointed up to Damion, “We are getting out of this hole. I'll check the wound on the roof...”

“Do you smell that?” she asked softly, coughing, “Is someone else in here?”

Savannah helped the woman out first, and caught Damion’s look of concern. With the hole in the roof more pieces could start to crumble any minute. As it was, there were already cracks forming along the edges, and the voices had died off behind the blockage, obviously exiting the hospital before more people got injured. But there was indeed someone else in here and Savannah wasn’t about to leave them. Before she could check though, there was a commotion near the front of the hospital, heard by Damion and Kayden and relayed to her.

"Probably whoever was just in here," she called up, "They can handle themselves. I'm trying to save their friend."

It took another fifteen minutes to find him, half buried amongst the split shelving and crumbled concrete. Pulling the rubble away, she lifted his heavy, unconscious form up and got Kayden and Damion to help her lift him to the roof. They then moved all off the roof back down the beam at to the ground below, where they were safest. During that time Damion continuously heard scuffling happening near the front of the hospital, but none of them checked as the pack had come around the back side and assembled in the side alley where they were.

“Wait, I know him,” Savannah stated as Damion and her put him down on the ground, “I met him and his group on the road.”

“What did they want?”

“Ah…” Savannah looked down at him, trying to avoid that conversation, “It was more me with questions…and uh, them with the answers.”

“Is he alive?” Kayden asked changing topics as she bent over him, “I don’t hear a heartbeat.”

“Doesn’t need one when he isn’t human,” Savannah pointed out, inspecting him, “Like me Kayden. But he’s breathing.”

“Barely,” Damion added, checking his wounds, “If we assume he’s a demon, why hasn’t he healed?”

The man’s jaw looked broken, and his eye bruised. There were several cuts in his clothing and one wound on his shoulder where a sharp piece of shelf had pierced him. She also noticed his ankle seemed out of place, and found it disconnected, making a loud popping noise as she realigned it. Nothing had healed though, which was odd.

“Vampire then,” Savannah deduced, pulling one of his lips up to expose his teeth, “See the gums there, only two seem swollen. That’s where his fangs are. It could also explain the lack of healing. Probably got his vampirism from the mutagen, some twisted version that left him more human than monster.”

“What do we do with him?” Kayden asked, pulling at his lip herself to check his teeth.

Savannah lifted her wrist to her mouth and softly bit in, drawing blood. It was rare she helped a stranger, especially with something as powerfully potent as her own blood. But she felt like she owed him, for how she'd treated the group, and if she could get him back to the Alpha girl, Luna, then she's be even. Holding her arm over the man’s opened mouth, she let a few drops slither down his throat before her bite healed.

“That should heal him,” she explained, watching the bruise around his eye start to fade, “He’ll wake soon, probably feeling high as a kite with my blood in his system. Once the pack is here, we will search for his group. They can’t get far.”

The pack was just around the corner, and Andre quickly scooped Kayden up onto his back as she limped towards him. She had suffered a minor hit on the head, but felt fine as her body burned away the concussion. Even her wound was beginning to heal, but she seemed delighted to get a free ride, so Savannah held her tongue. Drogon - the biggest wolf in the pack- offered his back to the tall unconscious man until they found his group. Now that she knew who was here, that strange mind she had felt earlier made more sense to be Jayson, as she’d dived into his thoughts once before. Finding that connection again, she felt him blocks away, getting further as the group left the city.

“Shit,” Savannah swore, “They may think he’s dead, which is why they left him. Looks like they finished off whatever beast caught them and are trying to get out the city quick. We need to catch them fast.”

L~
Wolf_zpskv8vmuwz.jpg

Her body hurled forward, her lean legs swiftly pulling her forward as her blackened tongue lopped out of her mouth. Both blood hungry eyes forward as the darkness whispered, and pulled at her chains and collar. Leading her forward, and to the front of a hospital, worn and in ruins.

Within those ruins, the scent of fresh blood pulled at her nose, leading her forward as she sniffed. Standing, the wolf sniffed the air, her boney and patchy legs spanning out as she crouched, the shadows pulling at her chains as she stood at the entrance, shadows pooling at her decaying paws.

E~
hottest-tattooed-male-models43-e1408993262331.jpg

As they pulled out of the hospital, a familiar presence pulled at him yet again. The shadows swayed, and a decaying wolf snarled as it waited at the steps. Looking back, Eli bit his tongue as he reached back for a knife, while Braxton’s broad form pulled up behind him, Ash within his arms.

“Feel free to be of use and grab your whip.” Eli grunted, his emerald eyes watching the wolf before them as it crouched, rotten teeth bared as a vicious and deep growl rumbled within its broad chest.

Placing the woman down, Eli’s Conrad slid up beside him whip in tow.

“It won’t be easy…” He growled stepping forward as the creature lunged forward. Jumping to the side, Eli grunted as the wolfs body replaced where he stood only seconds before. Turning it’s teeth launched out, grabbing Braxton’s wrist before he could respond.

“Shit.” The Halfling grunted jumping forward only to slash at the air. Turning his head, a large shadowy figure loomed, its bleeding eyes staring deeply into his soul before reaching out. Its hand touched his chest, sending waves of pain throughout his body along with leaving a shadow like burn on his chest. Swinging his arm out, the man cut through a fog like substance, only making the shadow quickly dissipate while a large figure jumped out. Talons ripped into his chest, Eli’s knife lashing out to sink within dead flesh. Maggot’s and blood dripped out of its carcass, his hollow red eyes eating at his soul as Braxton’s whip lashed out. A soft whimper called out as the wolf jumped back, quickly landing and spreading itself out again, analyzing it’s best point of view.

cded4456-909b-4868-a530-46c84a5034ec_zpsdwt2nmiv.jpg

"You son of a bitch!" Reyn screamed, brandishing her hidden knife and slicing through the arm attached to the talons ripping through Elijah, "Get your filthy fucking paws off him!"

She launched her whole body into the attack, cutting clean through the arm before dropping and rolling, springing back up and turning swiftly. She could see the surprise in Elijah's face, the timid and weak siren turned fighter.

"Thirty years on that damn continent called an island!" she yelled, dancing back as the shadowy beast turned on her, "Learnt a thing or two. Can you fight Eli? Cause' all I got is this knife-"

The shadowy beast swung forward and caught her, throwing her against the hospital wall as her head made a sickening crack and she slumped.

She fought to stand up, ignoring the ache in her heart for Xael, and the cold numbness in her veins. The demon wolf was attacking Braxton, and hell is she'd lose anyone else today.

Her heartbreak surged into fiery anger, boiling in her stomach. The pain, the anger...it merged, causing what embers of her magic were left to flare inside her. The raw power source in her always acted strangely to her emotions, and she utilized it now, pulling at it for strength.

"Don't you fucking touch him, you mutt," she hissed, stepping up to Braxton's side.

Do you smell that, or is it only me who can use my senses?

Smell what? Rotting flesh? And where the hell have you been? On vacation for almost four weeks?

Listening to you mull over men got tiring. I took a break, ignored you for a bit. Stay on topic child. Do you not ever try and use any of my senses? That demonic wolf...there is a lingering scent of your red-headed friend there. Looks like she isn't all that innocent and sweet. Don't say I didn't help you.

Not much help if she kills us.

Or you kill her first. Oh, but aren't you a good guy now? Don't kill your friends...not until they turn on you that is.

Shut up!

Ashlin turned her focus to the remains of Luna in front of her, trying to fathom what had become of her.

L~
Wolf_zpskv8vmuwz.jpg

Her blood hungry eyes looked up, her jaw opening as a darkening growl pulled out of her throat, all while blood oozed down her long incisor like teeth. The chain yanked, the bone like collar’s teeth digging into her rotting flesh. Claws gripped at the cracked cement, her body stiffening as she fought against the pull of the shadows. A bone vibrating bark ripped out of her muzzle as the shadows pulled more viciously. She wasn’t done yet, but the creature insisted. The wolf took another step forward, baring its canines in hunger, whispers from the darkness echoing within the ruins as the wolf fought against the creature baring it down. None of these people she knew, only the voices telling her what she should do had an effect on her decisions, and even then, the parasite held such a firm grip that nothing could sway it. Stepping back, the wolf snarled as blood and saliva continued to ooze from its barred teeth.

J~
black-wolf-skull4.jpg

As soon as he stepped out of the building, had Jays golden eyes laid on her. Pity gripped him, forcing his limbs to move as his body skirted in front of the crowd. His stance broadened, a soft whine flying out of his muzzle as his head lowered. He knew she was gone… For now, but the least he could do was try to scare her off.

Like that, something clicked and thick chains pulled at a bone like collar, its teeth sinking into her rotting flesh. This is what her father had done… He stepped forward as did the alpha, whispers rising within the valley at the wolfs un-weildablitiy. Growling, the two stood off.

"Don't kill her," Ashlin breathed, her eyes remaining on the snarling wolf as she spoke to Braxton, "Somewhere under that rot and hate, there's Luna. I'm sure of it. I just don't...don't know what happened to her."

They watched the wolves stand off, neither moving as the gauged the other. Ashlin's eyes continued to flicker between everyone, checking on Elijah and then Reyn, who was now unconscious. Then Braxton, and back to the wolves.

This is hopeless, she thought despairingly, Eli and Brax are wounded, I'm weak, and Reyn is out cold. Jay is the only one with a fighting shot, and these things don't look at all friendly.

Well you could...

No. I can't. Wait your damn few more days till the full moon.

Bitch.

"Help Jay," Ash ordered Brax skirting around him, "I'll help Elijah. Eli...what do we do with that-"

The shadowy beast swung at her and she dodged, throwing her hands out and accidentally throwing a energy ball at it, her magic not as much in control as she'd like with her emotions afray.

L~
Wolf_zpskv8vmuwz.jpg

The shadows got louder, the voice within her head demanding things be done. Standing, the wolf snapped at the air, flesh falling down from her cheek as the wolf’s demonic energy only seemed to rise. Jay took a step back, Lunar’s head standing up and well over his hanging head. Both blood hungry eyes watched him before she lunged, her teeth moving to sink into his jugular as the creature yanked her throat and pulled her off course. Sinking her teeth into Jay’s shoulder blade, the wolfs head snapped up and barked, the shadow creature pulling back as it tugged at her. The wolf snapped again swatting the other wolf down, her blood hungry eyes moving towards the rest of the group. As quickly as she had been over Jay, was the wolf beside Ashlin, her teeth sinking into the girls shoulder as the shadowy creature pulled back into the darkness. The sorceress’s blood coated the wolfs teeth, her eyes opening widely as the bloodlust continued to sink in.

Luna's teeth sunk into her shoulder, tossing Ashlin and pulling her arm away from the shadow, sending the energy bolt straight at Eli. She saw him crumple, knowing it would knock him unconscious for a minute or two.

Fuck this bitch. Ashlin, I swear to god if you don't let me at her...

I'm not protesting this time!

Her body surged, the heat in her rising unfathomably until it burnt Luna's mouth. As the wolf let go, she squeezed her eyes shut, willing it to come quickly. This time the she didn't pass out, instead feeling an odd pull inwards like she was falling back a step and letting someone else take the lead. Her body burst into smoke then reammurged into a snarling black bear, roaring at the demonic Luna in front of her.

C'mon pup. Let's dance.

L~
Wolf_zpskv8vmuwz.jpg

Jumping back, her hungry eyes stared at the bear, teeth oozing with blood as the wolf snarled viciously. Pawing at the ground, the wolf began to circle the shape shifter, her eyes never once leaving it as the wolf slowly pawed around it. Within an instance, something charged her, her body quickly moving to the side as a large brown wolf fumbled into her. Snearing inwardly her blood boiled, licking her teeth and ignoring the sting within her own mouth. Shaking out her mangy fur, tuff’s fell to the earth, her fur slowly falling out with each moment the demon gripped her. Another pull on her collar and the wolf lunged, teeth bared and claws spread out, her teeth sinking into the side as she ripped out a piece of flesh. The darkness laughed, and the wolfs eyes flashed with hunger. Just as quickly as she’d pulled back, had Jay lashed out, his paw catching the boney collar that dug into her neck. A noise, much like a screech, left the wolf’s muzzle, the pull of the collar pulling at the demon within her.

The wolf circled and lunged, but the bear held its ground snapping its massive jaws in the air near Luna. But then Jay appeared, fumbling at her, and she watched as he tried a second time, aiming for the collar. Collar? Why didn't we see that before?

The bear roared and charged, tossing one paw at the wolf and smacking her on the side of the head, knocking her down a notch. The hit would still her for a second and make her ears ring but nothing more. Problem with being a wolf is it is all bulk and strength. No speed.

Her body burst into smoke again and just as quickly reformed, taking on the form of a jaguar, a sleek black cat long extinct. This form had power and speed, able to jump over Luna then spin and attack from behind, sinking her fangs into Luna's left hind leg and pulling her down, making it easier for Jay to attack her throat.

L~
Wolf_zpskv8vmuwz.jpg

It kept… It kept tugging. As the bear swatted her, the wolf’s neck was yanked on, pulling her body aside in a vicious attempt to pull her from being tilled. But everything was spinning. Closing her eyes, the wolf listened, a piercing pain tearing through her back leg as a large animal pulled her down. Grinning, the wolf turned back, her boiling blood oozing black as the demon’s blood pulsed through her. Listening, Lunar’s body fell flat as Jay soared over her, her neck where his teeth had flown through. Turning her head, the wolf caught Jays back foot, a grotesque bone shattering sound ringing through the air as the wolf cried out. Sinking her teeth down, the wolf tasted his blood. Memories flashed but she shook them off, quickly releasing to snap at his leg again. Like that, her teeth snapped at air as the jaguar yanked her back, leaving the wolf to yelp.

9%20black%20jag%20hoofd.jpg

It's not working. She's too strong. Too smart.

She's a werewolf. She can be beaten.

That looks like a werewolf to you?

And you look like a sorceress right now? No. So shut up princess and let me fucking try and beat this bitch down a few notches. It's that damn collar we need.

Keeping her jaws in Luna's hind she swatted at the collar, her nails raking it but unable to catch it. The wolf caught on too quick, turning and snapping at her face, making the jaguar let go and stagger two steps back. You pick the best of friends Ash.

This isn't Luna...I've never seen her like this! It's like she's forgotten us.

Well she's like this now, so, I don't know what your picturing her as here, but I see rotting flesh and death. And-

Shut up. I got it.

The jaguar danced around the wolf, checking on Braxton fleetingly as she passed, until she was back in front of the wolf, keeping it's attention. Her body surged once more into fog then snapped back into place, with a soft laugh.

"Hey Luna...remember me?"

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She was so much smaller, everything about her more petite, and lean. But powerful. Ash could feel the power now in this body, finally understanding why Luna had no qualms or fears of being alone out here. This was her element.

But that rotting body shouldn't be her.

"Look at me Luna," her voice was a mirror image of Luna's, catching the wolf's ear and keeping her attention solely on her human form, "Remember me? I'm you. This is you. And this."

She surged and reformed, now the wolf side of Luna, in her black and red beauty. Ashlin had seen Luna's transformed self twice on the trip so far, and thanked her memory.

C'mon...she thought desperately, Please come back to us Luna.

L~
Wolf_zpskv8vmuwz.jpg

Having tried to swat at the collar, the shadow beast tugged, again. Even the parasite was getting more agitated. She wasn’t to be controlled. Snapping at the creatures face, it released her and danced around, unsure of what to do. The beast shook her head, shaking out more fur as the beast lowered it’s body, snarling viciously as the woman’s body went up in smoke. A familiar sound reached her, her glowing red eyes taking in the beauty of her natural form. Her pulse soared, a soaring heat scorching her on the inside as the beast within raged. It hated her… It hated the very form and twinkling voice before her. Her body lashed out, teeth aiming for the jugular as it’s claws soared towards her chest. Like that, Jay’s mass blew into her, his teeth sinking in around her neck. She squirmed, and the wolf yelped in pain, an ink like substance burning his mouth and paws as her blood continued to boil. The wolf jumped to her feet, snarling as she flattened herself down to the ground, waiting for an opportunity.

Then… It stood infront of her. Her wolf form, still tainted from blood and the unholy. The wolf pawed at her head, snapping at her own limb before both bloody eyes glared upwards, waiting for it to lunge.

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

She's not impressed with us being her, Ash. Great plan.

She remembers herself though. That's a step.

Towards what? She tried to lunge at us.

Watch out!

She ducked and rolled, barely missing Luna as she lunged at Ashlin, still in Luna's normal wolf form. Obviously the demonic wolf wasn't pleased seeing her other side.

What's your plan witch! She's going to tear her brother limb from limb.

If she remembers herself, she has to remember us.

Bad plan, she attacked you all off the bat. She obviously doesn't remember.

She dodged again, now playing defense as Ash racked her brains for an answer. Luna was getting worse by the minute, and at this rate they'd all be dead. The shadow was looming over them, watching with interest as their puppet attacked her friends. Even Jay, the closest person to her, meant nothing as she bite and tore at him.

I thought Xael was the closest to her...

Please don't-

Before she could finish the thought her body surged and there she was, him.

large.jpg

"Luna..." his voice was soft, calling out to her tenderly.

It ripped Ashlin's heart to shreds, but as she howled and screamed on the inside to stop, not wanting to feel any more of this pain, her body and mind ignored her, controlled now by another.

"Luna, angel. What are you doing?" she knelt down, exposing themselves to Luna as she turned her massive head towards Xael.

L~
Wolf_zpskv8vmuwz.jpg

Lunars heavy paws hit the ground with a hard thud, shaking out only more fur to reveal rotting flesh, and chunks missing down to the bone. Quickly turning, the wolf’s eyes took in the smoke, lowering her body yet again as the smoke clouded the figure for a second.

But then…

He stood there. It wasn’t him obviously… The scent was off, smelling of the girls blood mixed with another. But there he stood… Her body surged forward only to stop. The girls paws pawed at her face, a vicious snarl ripping from her throat as her teeth sunk into her leg, allowing blood and more maggots to flitter to the ground silently. Both bloody eyes stared up at him before her jaws unlatched and lashed out at the air, her body unmoving as the shadows forcefully yanked at the bone creation, now ripping at the flesh along her neck. Lunar forced her head down into the dirt, her hind legs trying to force her forward as she took the blunt force to her head. The voice’s whispers turned into screams, telling her to attack. But she couldn’t. Soft trickles of blood seeped from her beaten ears as the screams only continued. Every fiber of her being wanted to attack, to sink her teeth into the meaty part of his jugular, but the small side that held her humanity screamed and banged. Lunars head buried into the ground more, creating small mounds of dirt around her skull as she tried to fight the creatures holding her body. While her body pawed at the ground, something wrapped around her neck; forcing the wolfs head to launch up and latch onto a leg. The wolf whimpered, but tugged viciously at the bone collar, only sinking its teeth into her neck before the snapping sound of bone rung through the air. As soon as the collar fell, the demonic wolf detached herself from the other wolfs leg, his teeth in turn sinking into her neck. Both bloody eyes looked up, his form continued to tell her to come back… To come back to him. The feeling of her blood boiling began to calm, and her eyes began to fade back, the color of red fading to gold as her large wolfish eyes stared at him. Lunars body sunk, her body lying there for what felt like ages before her bones began to brake.

As the shift begun, Jay released her throat, allowing the wolf to twitch on the ground as each bone snapped and moved, allowing the rest of her fur to fall out and reveal beautiful broke skin. Large patches of flesh remained missing, bone exposed to the air as the petite red head curled up on the ground, bleeding and semi broken as she shuddered in pain.

My sun and stars….” Her voice was broken, shaking with pain as her eyes fought to remain open.

large.jpg

"Moon of my life," Ash watched as her body knelt in front of the crumpled and defeated Luna, impersonating Xael.

Stop that! Don't do that to her.

Do what?

How can you be so fucking cold? Xael? You chose Xael?

Stop whining. She doesn't know her mate is dead. Control your emotions. Let her find condolense.

You bitch!

"Your safe now," her voice was a perfect replica of Xael's, the only thing giving away their true identity being the black instead of gold hair and their unique scent.

But Luna seemed too beaten to notice, seeing only his face and hearing his voice and being content with that.

Stop! Stop! Stop! I can't do this!

Ashlin screamed and raged on the inside, battling herself for control, wanting to cry and sob over her lost friend. And here was his mate, thinking she had found her solace.

"We'll take care of you," Xael continued, pressing his hand against her cheek, "You rest now, and we will get you out of this city. Everything will be okay."

Nothing is okay...he's gone...he's gone...

"Oh my Luna, remember to keep living for me darling? Never give up on that light in you. I love you...so...much."

Ashlin's heart shattered, seeing the hope and love in her eyes shining back as they bent and kissed her forehead, then moved away. Walking around her, they quickly checked Jay's pulse then turned back towards Luna, unseen.

Stop whining. I gave her the goodbye anyone would beg for. Up to you now. I'm all out of juice till the full moon, and don't be expecting this help again. But one last piece of advise. Tie her up. That shadow is far from gone. It's waiting...for something.

Her body burst into smoke without warning and came back, the heat soaring in her veins so hot she felt on the brink of death. Then it simmered and died, leaving her frozen and cold, back in her own body. Ashlin slowly moved her ligaments, checking that she had control.

She had her body once more, and with it all the pain and soreness from her beaten body. The tired headache was back from draining herself, and her heart felt seized, ready to burst out of its chest cavity in despair.

The pain in her chest didn't lessen after a moment of breathing, but it helped fuel the raw power in her, giving her one last sliver of magic left. Softly she spoke an incantation to bind Luna's wrists together, apologizing softly and explaining she was still a threat till they left the city.

With that done, Ash fell on her knees in front of Jay, determined to do what she could for his injuries. Out of all of them, he was hurt the most. Ignoring Braxton's protests, she pulled at the magic in her, feeling it strip at her lifesource. As she ran out of energy, it turned to the only other source of fuel in her: her life.

She healed his leg, giving him the ability to walk then quit. Her eyesight was blurring and her senses muted, her body numb, and her heart too broken to go on.

"Braxton," she whispered, unable to speak any louder, "Help Luna up and walk. Elijah's waking...he can carry Reyn. Jay and I...we can manage on our own."

It was a lie, knowing she was on the edge of blacking out, but pushing past it in order to finish what she'd started. The torn and beaten group picked themselves up, gritted their teeth, and started the slow journey back through the streets, all hoping no other beasts came looking.

As they walked, Luna and Jay bodies began to heal, their bodies working overtime. It wasn't even two blocks from the hospital before Luna could look around, and the lack of Xael was prominent. With a clenched heart, Ashlin waited for her to ask where her mate was.

tumblr_meg6hac4vn1rba6npo1_500.gif

Savannah ran back up the beam, and ignoring the cracks on the roof ran across it with ease, heading towards the front of the building. She was scouting ahead, wanting to make sure whatever beast they had encountered was dead before bringing a bleeding werewolf and unconscious vampire into a fight. She didn't get halfway across the roof when a shadowy beast soared up from where the fight had been, watching her with interest. Nothing of the creature could be seen aside from it's talons and smoke-like shadows, curling in and around itself.

Tossing her handd out to the side she felt the tug in the air and the weight grow in her hand and without blinking she tossed it at the beast, sending her Angel Blade straight through it. The creature roared and dissipated, leaving nothing in its wake.

Savannah, are you alright. I heard screeching-

Don't worry Damion, I'm safe. Looks like we got some hell creatures lurking in this city. Bringing Kayden may have been a mistake. We need to get the hell out, before more come.

I can feel it. You used your blade. Did you kill it?

Burnt and sent it away, but didn't finish it off. It may bring reinforcements. It was watching me like a tasty morsel though, which worries me more. C'mon. We need to get to the group and get out.

L~
LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Those first couple words… they where off… Something in her wasn’t there. The wolf could tell it simply wasn’t her mate, but his sheer image was enough to pull her out of her tangent. The same tangent her father had created. The creatures voice kept speaking, but every inch of her screamed at the lies it spoke, her inner self tugging at a lifeless end. A tear escaped her golden fading eyes, her head falling to the side as the girl subsided to closing her eyes and pretending she’d passed out. Every inch of her screamed in utter pain as the human-like girl’s healing process had yet to kick in. It was all too fresh, and having come back from that state, would take a while. While her body ached, her heart rang, she felt out for that tie to him, feeling only the lonely tendrils of darkness. Her body was reviving, but something inside of her… Something inside of her felt dead.

B~

Braxton looked at Ash, his arms quickly scooping her up as soon as she’d finished helping Jay. He could see it already, she was near the brink, and it killed him to see her doing this to herself. Picking her up bridal style, the man wrapped an arm around Ashlin’s lower half and used his free hand to help the wolf up. In his wake, he’d managed to do make his way to Lunar, collecting the shattered creature within his arms. Jay shook his head softly, muttering something softly to her before he whipped away something on her cheek. Turning, the wolf walked with the group as Eli collected the silent siren in his arms as well.

“I think its best we find somewhere safe to make camp…” Braxton muttered, his arms now fully holding Ashlin as the guys all nodded at each other and began to follow Jay out of the city.

Braxton had ignored her request to help the young wolf, turning to help her instead despite her protests. His warmth eased her cold though, quietening her shaking and numbness. Still, Ashlin fought off sleep, assured she would have nightmares she could not share with the group, and not yet ready to face the memory embedded of the hospital. All of her focus turned to Luna, watching her walk. It became a rhythm watching her steps, helping Ash ease her breath and the tightness in her chest to loosen a fraction.

What will she do when she knows? Will those binds hold her? My magic is weak...what if she breaks free?Oh Luna...

Back
Top Bottom