Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Game of the Gods (Beautiful_Disgrace and I)

RE: The Game of the Gods

It wasn't hard for her to find him, but then again they did have a connection. A bond deeper than either of them wanted to admit. It was easy for her now that her powers were slowly coming back to her. She appeared behind him in a bleed of black magic, a grin spread across her face. Seeing him again was nice, a familiar face that didn't make her feel any murderous intent. Now it was time to figure out just how strong their bond really was.

"They couldn't find you because you didn't want to be found by them," She began as she started walking towards him. "But you wanted to be found by me, didn't you?"

Dark Pit spun around in surprise, red eyes widening. It...it was her. A different her...a beautiful, confident her. With eyes that didn't seem to burn so heavily with barely repressed rage, more like a natural subset of her personality. Sensual, dangerous...motherly, in a...way that he couldn't describe. He was just...stunned, beyond stunned. He was young, really...young even by Angel standards, his world still a haze of anger, emotions and feeling so shut down by everything.

All he could do was practically tackle into her to hug her, face buried against her chest as a choked, confused little exhale of relief came out. She...she was alive!? After everything he saw, she was alive!?

Medusa immediately wrapped her arms around him...yes, their bond was still just as strong. She didn't doubt it so much, she knew already that he was still just as loyal to her as he was before. It was a warm feeling, warm enough to distract her from her need for revenge. She had it all, and they took it away. But they never took him away from her...even during her long absence. "It's good to see you again, Pit..." She said softly as she ran her fingers through his dark hair.

"I...I saw you die," he mumbled, glancing up at her in honest confusion. "I saw it! And you're...I mean..." Beautiful? Gorgeous? "You um...you look better..." That was smooth.

"I did die." Medusa smirked as she continued to run her fingers through his hair affectionately. "Again. And I came back. Again. This time by Dyntos' creation...Janus I believe he called it. It turned out they needed me so they brought me back. And the curse is no more, so that's why I look...better." She knew what he meant.

"...Oh," He said blankly, eyes half lidded at her...affectionate touch. It was strange, he never felt something like that before from her. It was...nice, peaceful even. "...What did they need you for?"

"Something about balance," Medusa answered as she looked into his eyes. "Light cannot exist without darkness, after all. If they had not brought me back, then things would start to unravel and the world would fall into nothingness. So they decided to bring me back...and what more is, they have come up with a little game for Palutena and I to play along with her bratty Pit to restore the balance..."

"What game is that?" he asked curiously, brows raised. Her stare was...sultry, powerful. It made his body heat up in wonderful ways.

"A game of the Gods. Palutena's forces VS mine...and the leader of her team is naturally her little angel of justice. I must choose my own leader. I was wondering if you might be interested? It's okay if you're not..." Those words were genuine. She told him he'd be free and she meant it. Plus, his loyalty meant so much more to her when it wasn't forced.

"Are you kidding?" Dark Pit grinned. "I get to beat the snot out of that Pit stain and get away with it? I'm all in!" And...you know, it'd be nice to be around her again.

"I'm glad to hear it. You will get rewards for your hard work, naturally. And when I win, Dyntos will grant me a wish." The first thing she wanted back was her castle...she had gotten spoiled after all. Then maybe she'd figure out a way to rain on Palutena's little parade now that she was a Goddess again without risking her own recently regain Godhood.

"Good," Dark Pit grinned, wings fluffed up smugly. "When do I start?"

"Soon, but for now...it's time to find some more loyal subjects." Strong ones..there was no room for error. She needed the best of the best. "All it will take, is a little bit of listening. Mortal hearts are easy to hear. Desires for revenge, power, lust...the loudest voices will be the strongest..."

"Where do we start, then?" Dark Pit asked curiously. "Shouldn't they be trying to...I don't know, put stupid restrictions on us or something?"

"There are always restrictions, Pit. That's why I lost everything." Medusa mumbled bitterly. "So we will play by Dyntos' rules...for now. As for where we start, we start with him. Ganondorf is powerful...but he is still mortal. I don't see it being a problem if I ask for him back. Or Yong. But my daughter...wherever she is...I'm not sure if she could participate being a Demi-God. Still, I will ask for her."

Pit nodded a moment, glancing at her. "...You seem different," he said. Not out of the obvious reasons, but...she seemed...happier? That wasn't the word, content?

"I'm not a monster, anymore. Of course I'm different, Pit." She didn't seem like she was planning on acknowledging his statement any further than that. She didn't feel the rage she wants did, it was all replaced with minor annoyance and frustration. But she was a true Goddess again...that was what she wanted more than anything.

Now she just needed a temple of her own.

"...I guess," Pit said, brows raised with a cross of her arms. "...But thank you for gracefully avoiding the question, I guess...so who do we talk to about enrollment, exactly?"

"Janus...the one responsible for bringing me back. Are you doing anything right now?" She asked as her darkness slowly started to move around their feet, circling them slowly as Medusa prepared to depart. There were two people she had in mind, actually. Two people to bring back from the dead. The new God should have no problem doing it.

"...Uh," Pit said, glancing around. "...Just, you know...enjoying the scenery..." Whoa, he was quite certain that Medusa couldn't do this before...

That was obviously a no, so Medusa teleported them to their destination. She sensed Palutena faintly...she must have just left. But there were other remnants of energy...had she already came to Janus to get her choice of fighters? That wretch...she always thought she was one step ahead of her. Regardless, she ignored it and said what she needed to say to Janus.

"I have chosen the captain of my team, and I would like to bring back an old friend of mine..."

Of course, Janus said, floating over easily as Dark Pit glanced curiously at the...thing. All you must needs say is his name, my lady,

"Ganondorf." Medusa was...looking forward to seeing her love once more. She wondered how he'd feel...how he'd react to seeing her in her original form. Either way, she was sure he wouldn't mind lending her a hand in her endeavors if it meant being alive once more...

A fine choice for your endeavors, Janus said, his youthful face turning to the older visage. If you will come with me, my lady? he said, summoning another portal into unblinking darkness.

"Gladly..." Medusa said with a grin. What a strange creation, but it mattered not. She didn't hesitated, she walked directly into that darkness.

Back
Top Bottom