Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Intuition and Insight(Bloodkiss-Cysma)

"Well, something seems to be troubling you. Would you care to tell me about it?" Dain looked concerned.

They were interrupted, however, when Zayle came in through the door, Raelin following close behind. "Dain, my affliction, if it can be called one, seems to have worsened." The drow said, referring to the glowing markings on his waist and thighs. "What is it that's happening?"

Dain blinked and scratched his chin, his way of letting people know he was thinking. "I seem to recall something like this. Allow me to look it up." He headed over to a bookshelf and began searching through the medical textbooks written in Elven. There were now four people in the room, and Caoimhe was the only one clothed.

Caoimhe was thankful for the intrusion, and her cheeks cooled quickly. She glanced at Zayle's thighs, noting how far the strange marks had spread, before noticing that Raelin was naked as well. With a sigh she glanced down at her own pitiful attempt at clothing.

After a few minutes, Dain handed Zayle a potion, whose contents Zayle consumed. "That should stop it from spreading for a while, I should think." Dain said. "I will continue trying to diagnose this condition." Zayle nodded appreciatively and walked back to Raelin.

"Shall we be going, then, Rae?"

Raelin glanced to Dain. "Will you be needing me today?" She sincerely hoped he wouldn't. She wanted to finish her business with Zayle. And besides, Caoimhe scent was making her gag. The poor girl was aroused and confused, and trying desperately to push it all away.

"Well, what else do you know about magic, Rae?" Dain asked. "We could teach her more about that, maybe help her acquire a familiar..." He shrugged. "Is there anything you can tell her today?" Caoimhe did seem troubled, and Dain was unaware that the two of them shared a psychic bond...

Caoimhe glanced between Dain and Raelin. She hoped the woman would stay. It would make things less uncomfortable, and help her to quelch her wonton thoughts.

Raelin shook her head. "Her familiar will find her when it is ready and the gods permit. And I know only how to help her learn. I can teach her nothing more until she has rested and taught herself to tap what magic is readily available. I can and will, however, find her some of the tools she will need to learn more." She turned and headed for the door, sending Zayle an apologetic look over her shoulder. "I shall be back some time around nightfall, if not sooner."

"Where are you going now?" Zayle asked as Raelin looked back to him. He shrugged and soon returned to his own residence. Dain meanwhile turned back to his pupil. "While we are waiting for Raelin, I can show you how these alchemical ingredients work together..."

Raelin headed out into the woods surounding the city, turning to the form of a small red fox for speed and dexterity. Her trip would go much faster if she could move swiftly and silently throught the underbrush.

Caoimhe sighed inwardly, her hopes dashed as Zayle and Raelin both left. She turned back to Dain, wishing desperately that he would distract her with work and keep her from thinking of his body.

"...Now these sprigroots were said to bring good fortune to whoever consumed them. I tested out this legend and found that..." The alchemist looked over to Caoimhe, still unable to shake the feeling that she felt troubled. "Caoimhe, how long are you going to bottle up your emotions? Is there someone, anyone at all that you can talk to? You will feel better if you do."

Caoimhe shook her head. "I don't need to speak to anyone." Besides a priest... She thought. But at this point even confession probably wouldn't help her. "I'm fine. Coninue the lesson, please..."

Dain sighed, discontent. "I hope you are all right, then." And with that, he went on explaining more about the ingredients of alchemy and how to use them in potion making, awaiting to see if Raelin would return.

Caoimhe tried to remain focused on the lesson, but her eyes continued to drift to his lips, hands, and his member. Everything about him aroused her, making her curious beyond reason.

After finishing one lesson, Dain went over to Caoimhe and leaned down so that her was eye level with her. "Caoimhe, that look in your eyes that you have had...I've seen it before. It is sexual interest. Does the sight of my naked form excite you? Be honest to your teacher, here. I can teach you about more than alchemy..."

Caoimhe snorted in disgust, crossing her arms. "It's not sexual interest. Merely...curiosity. And I will not be some easy whore. Zayle seemed to think I was, and I'll not have another man think so." She huffed and turned her face away, angry tears welling up in her eyes. She'd too easily given her maidenhead to Zayle, and now her damned body was reacting traitorously to another man. She was attracted to Dain, she couldn't deny that, but she would deny her body the easy pleasure of giving in to his request.

"Curiousity...yes, that might be a better term for it." Dain said. "Don't be so upset. You must have a lot of questions considering how held back you were regarding this matter. Please, ask me anything. It's not like you have anyone else to speak to about this."

Caoimhe huffed once more, still uncomfortable. "I will be totally honest with you. I do find you attractive, but I cannot act on that, nay, will not act on that urge alone. I let Zayle use me, and I refuse to be used so again. I do not blame him, but I blame myself for being weak. The next man that I give myself to will have to prove he is worthy. He'll have to prove his heart."

Dain listened to what she had to say before nodding understandingly. "I see. That's very big of you to say that, Caoimhe." He then stepped back to give her more room. "Are you willing to learn another lesson today?"

She nodded. "Thank you...and yes, I think I can handle another lesson." She tried hard to keep her hands from shaking. She was humming with nervous energy and emberassment had tinted her cheeks a dark pink.

"Ah. All right then. I think we can do that." Dain smiled warmly. "Would you care for something to eat or drink before we move on?"

"Very well. Sit back and take a break while I prepare something for you. Is there anything specific that you are craving right now?" Dain went to open another cabinet which contained ordinary food. It seemed that his alchemy lab doubled as a kitchen.

"I am not much of a cook, but please accept these." After a few minutes, Dain handed her a plate of fresh, sliced fruits and vegetables. "I would like to learn of your tastes, Caoimhe." He then bowed politely and went to fix something for himself.

"Thank you." She mumbled as she took the plate. Caoimhe smiled shyly, caught by surprise at his comment. She sampled each of the items, favoring a few of the sweeter ones. She had only ever had apples, and some berries. "What are these?"

"Oh, just some fruits and vegetables. For the fruits I gathered an apple, orange, peach, grape, banana, and tomato. On the vegetables plate I have here a carrot, lettuce, celery, broccoli. Eat what you like." He said, smiling warmly. "Let me know if you'd like another lesson, or if you just want to take it easy today. You seem to have learned a lot already."

Back
Top Bottom