Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Intuition and Insight(Bloodkiss-Cysma)

Caoimhe followed his eyes, shifting under his gaze when she realized what he was staring at. "Well, I was hoping we could continue my lessons today..." She spotted her bag and hurried to it, glad to have an excuse to turn her back to him. His gaze was too penetrating, it made her feel more than physically naked. She leaned down and rummaged through her bag, hoping she'd brought something that she could use to cover herself. She found only a simple shawl she'd packed for cooler weather. It would barely cover her lower half.

Raelin sighed, placing her hand on his chest to keep him in the bed. "I suppose I'll evetually have to get out of bed...and you surely have things to take care of today." With a huff she sat up. "But could you spare a few moments more?"

"Of course. We can do that." The alchemist said with a smile. "Come downstairs when you are ready."

Zayle looked over to Raelin when he felt her hand on his chest. "Umm...what do you want me to do? You can stay in bed as long as you want; I do not care either way."

Caoimhe nodded, then turned back to the problem at hand. She took a small cooking knife out of her pack and cut a long strip off of the plain black fabric, wide enough to tie around her chest. It would barely cover her breasts, but it was better than nothing. She wrapped the remaining fabric around her hips, tying it at the side. It came to the tops of her thighs, providing little coverage.

Raelin glanced down at his nakedness. "Well, we could try something new this morning. Or did you want to wait until tonight?" She licked her lips, her eyes full of mischief.

"Why not both?" Zayle said. When she glanced at him, she could see that the runic markings that had once been restricted to his member had now appeared on his thighs and waist as well.

Raelin didn't mention the runes, as she didn't really understand them. But she smirked at his suggestion. "That would be good."

Caoimhe sighed in defeat when she noted her appeance. She might as well be naked. But her pride wouldn't let her resign that easily. She hurried down the stairs, eager to begin her lessons and forget her emberassment. She spotted Dain and smiled sheepishly, moving to his side. "I'm ready to begin when you are."

"All right." Dain said with a smile as she came down. "I should show you how to operate an alchemist's equipment first. A mortar and pestle is a common tool in many other things, so let's start with the alembic..."

Meanwhile, Zayle had noticed that he had extra runes on his body in addition to his morning wood. "Oh my..."

Caoimhe listened to his lesson with great interest, in both his words and the man himself. She blushed at her own thoughts, surprised at her behaviour. But she did find him attractive...

Raelin cocked an eyebrow. "What is it?"

In contrast to the lengths that Caoimhe went to cover herself up, Dain wore nothing at all and made no effort to hide his body as he continued to instruct her on the basics of alchemy. The Nakazuri were more or less normal people that just happened to not wear clothing.

Caoimhe felt rather emberassed, her need to cover herself making her stand out. She couldn't help but find the situation amusing. It was the opposite of where she came from.

Raelin was confused. "What is it, Zayle?"

Zayle was a bit too confused himself to speak at first, then he finally found the words. "These markings weren't here yesterday, were they?"" He asked. "Have I contracted some sort of magical infection?"

After instructing Caoimhe on how to operate the equipment, Dain demonstrated by making a simple potion. He handed the results in the vial to Caoimhe. "Drink this. You will feel refreshed."

Raelin laughed at the ridiculousness of the suggestion. "I'm not sure if that's even possible." She paused, realizing that he was really worried. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh."

Caoimhe cocked an eyebrow, taking the vial from him. "I trust you, teacher." Even as she spoke she was pressing the vial to her lips.

"Well, what do you suggest is going on?" Zayle said, his voice sounding worried.

Dain waited for Caoimhe to drink the potion he had prepared for her; she would find that it did exactly what he said it would do.

She swallowed it quickly, making a face at the bitter taste. After the taste dissapated, she smiled and nodded. "It doesn't taste wonderful, but it wasn't too bad. And it worked. What is the next thing you would have me learn?" Her hair fell around her face in a messy crown, the red-gold silk tousled and mussed. She brushed it away from her face, pulling it back and quickly braiding it to keep it out of her way.

Raelin shook her head in disbelief. "I have no clue what to do. I don't know what is causing it, but it's obviously getting worse. Perhaps we should speak to Dain. He might have a suggestion."

"What might Dain know about this?" Zayle asked. "I don't know if an alchemist would know much about magic...hmm..."

"I would like to see if you could make a potion with the instructions and demonstration I have given you. Just make the same potion you watched me make. I need to see how well you are learning this, Caoimhe."

Caoimhe nodded, doing as he asked. She quickly gathered the needed ingredients and prepared the potion from memory, having watched him closely. She was proud that she had paid such close attention, and hoped that he would be too.

Raelin shrugged. "He might at least be able to give us some suggestions on where to start searching for answers."

Zayle shrugged. "All right then. I suppose that couldn't hurt. Now, I was hoping you might want to take care of something first." He said, motioning to his morning wood.

Raelin glanced down at his member. "Perhaps we should ask about these runes first...They seem to have spread since last night. If it has something to do with our copulating, I don't want to make it worse until we understand it..."

Caoimhe smiled up at Dain, beaming. "I did make it correctly, right?"

"Well, let's see..." Dain took Caoimhe's potion from her and drank it, a smile coming to his face. "You did very well, even for your first potion! I think you can make it as an alchemist." He nodded cheerily to her.

Zayle frowned a bit. "I don't think that would have anything to do with it. The initial rune grew larger in the days following its first appearance, and I avoided sexual contact during that time."

Caoimhe grinned, glad to hear Dain's praise. She hoped to learn a lot more from him, and if she learned quickly it would make it easier to glean more knowledge in a shorter time. "Do you really think so?"

Raelin sighed. "I want to know more before we do anything...but I haven't the slightest clue what these runes mean. It's mind-boggling. Do you have any idea what could have happened? Did you go anywhere or do anything strange?"

"Hmm...well..." Zayle began, "After sex, I did feel a burst of energy. It was unnatural, too...almost as if I had drawn energy from sexual activity or something." He said. "Did you feel anything yourself?"

"I do mean what I say." Dain said in response to Caoimhe's question. "Next, I should tell you about the properties of alchemical ingredients..."

Raelin thought for a moment. "I felt sated. And I was exhausted from a long day. Nothing out of the ordinary, no." She stated with a shrug.

Caoimhe bubbled with pride and excitement, ever the eager student. "Certainly. Which ingredients do we use most?"

"Well..." Dain walked over to a shelf full of ingredients already ground to powder, their contents labeled in the Elven language. "This here is used as a medicine for curing several illnesses, this one over here speeds up the body's healing process, perfect for healing wounds, and that one there..."

"Do you think it would still be a bad idea for more sex?" Zayle asked, looking to Raelin's body. "If you do, I understand. I find these markings very strange myself."

Raelin blushed, something she rarely did. "I...I don't know."

Caoimhe listened to the lesson with keen interest, and watched Dain with curiosity. She couldn't help but be attracted to him, and it frustrated her. He was her teacher, and he would see her as a pupil. She was appalled at her sudden wonton behaviour. First she'd slept with Zayle and now, the next day, she was lusting after Dain.

Zayle nodded. "Fine, I'll go see what Dain has to say about it." He announced, getting out of bed.

"Caoimhe, are you all right? You look a little...warm..." Dain said, leaning in to take note of her somewhat flushed cheeks. "If you feel sick, please, don't hesitate to tell me so. I may have a cure here in my stock."

Raelin frowned, jumping up and following him. "I'm sorry. It's just...very odd, is all. I know the symbol from somewhere, but I can't remember..."

Caoimhe cleared her throat, her eyes searching wildly for something, anything to focus on besides his member. "I'm not ill, I...uh..." She cleared her throat once more, suddenly very aware of his close proximity. She could feel the heat radiating from his body. She knew that there was only one cure for what troubled her. But she wasn't sure if the cure was better than the ailment. She knew that once wouldn't be enough, and that frightened her. Addiction is dangerous, she scolded herself silently.

Back
Top Bottom