Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seeing Ghosts(Avengers)Moon/Lady

Steve shook his head. "they don't fight back much." he admitted, meaning the illusions. "i don't think they can actually hurt something." he admitted. "thank god for that if those apparitions are anything to go by. i turned into a freaking dick." he admitted with a huff and a shake of his head. "we aren't screwing yet Tony." Steve reminded the other with a chuckle. "big mistakes. Natasha speaks with the same accent as the fake Steve does. the same accent Loki had, which only makes the theory of it being an Asgardian even more prominent." he admitted. "i won't leave you Tony. i swear it." he promised the other, stoking Tony's cheek now instead so as to not freak out Pepper.

“well, at least thats a good thing. As much as they’re messing him up, it doesn’t seem to be physically hurting him.”leigh sighed as she moved back, shaking her head a little. “Well, from all signs, you did after you married.”Leigh said because really, the shield agents were in two different camps on the whole carter-rogers wedding. “...we should. I liked you at this age.”Tony muttered. “Its a good thought. We’ll have to see if Thor’s on world.”Leigh said looking at grant and phil before getting up, stepping back to let steve move closer. “....we should get him to bed. He should get some rest while he can.”Leigh said watching as tony settled.

Steve nodded. "for now. could be the illusionist or sorcerer or whatever simply hasn't figured out how to make them solid without letting everyone else see them." Steve admitted. "Loki said it took him nearly three hundred years to become the master of illusions that he was last i remembered. and even then i'm not sure he could make his illusions both invisible and solid." Steve muttered, struggling to remember if Loki ad ever done such a thing. "yeah well. from what i understand of it i married a bitch." Steve admitted. "why in the hell would i marry her?" he wondered. "i had to have been blackmailed or tricked into it somehow." he huffed.

"For now.”Leigh frowned before shaking her head, “As far as I know, he never managed it. Though...Jarvis?” “Yes?” “Do you remember anything like this with loki?” “No, Miss Solo. Though there is some videos that you might find helpful in this instance.”Jarvis supplied having started to compile videos from the jotun sorcerer as soon as he’d realized they might be helpful. “She’s not so bad.And you said you liked her, old times. She’s peggy’s niece you know.”Tony muttered sleepily as he wrapped a arm around pepper and levered to his feet. “...Do you have a computer I can use, Tony?” Tony frowned a little looking at the woman, for the first time really registering that there were two new people in his space. “....Who are you?” “Leigh Solo, Mrs. Stark and Agent Coulson asked me to come and see if I could help with what you’re seeing.” “Why?They’re delusions. They’ll go away.” “....Tony, can I burrow a computer?”Leigh said frowning a little, not sure how to convince him they were real, not sure he was really aware of what was going on around him anymore, knowing he had to be overwhelmed and scared. “Yea, sure. Phil, show her to one of the computer rooms, let her choose a laptop to use. I assume you guys are staying here?” “....Yes.”Leigh said tilting her head, not sure if he meant in the tower, or just in the city, but she was worried.

Steve nodded. "then again, might be he just never had the cause to." Steve admitted. "with Loki, there's no telling." he admitted with a sigh. "she's awful!" Steve complained. "you know you find out a lot about a person when they can't see or hear you. she's completely homophobic and think Tony, Phil and Clint are 'freaks'. she only likes Pepper because she thinks that Pepper stopped Tony from fucking... well, me! by the way, tell Pepper thanks for covering me and Tony's asses yeah?" he asked Leigh. "Tony. they aren't delusions." Pepper whispered softly, stroking his hair. "Leigh is a medium. she can see things that other people cannot. she can see Steve." she explained softly. "and she can see the other people you see too. your not crazy." she promised him. "i will." Phil promised. "and she's staying here in the tower, floor thirteen room 33." he informed Tony. "ou go get some rest." he ordered. "i'll help Leigh get settled."

“Might be.”Leigh said sounding thoughtful before snickering at steve’s words, shaking her head a little. “I’m sure at some point you thought she was good.” “You said your wife was perfect for you. And that she would fix whatever was wrong with you.”Tony muttered because while they’d gone a year without talking, the following year had been screaming matches that lasted as long as the sex did, vicious mean talking that had been made things so much worse. “Pepper?Steve says thanks for covering for tony.”She said. “...Nooo.I’m fairly certain I’m insane.”Tony muttered nuzzling his wife a little, nodding. “Rest sounds good.”He muttered as he headed for his bedroom. “....Come on grant. We should get some rest to, before we settle in to work.”Leigh said worried she wouldn’t be able to help.

Steve snorted. "i'm sure at some point i was in complete denial and she promised she could fix me." he corrected before pointing at Tony. "just like he said i said. i know me better than i aught to." he admitted dryly. "to be completely honest the idea that i like men is sort of making me panic more than a little bit. but Tony is more important, so i'm ignoring it. i'll get over it just like i got over pretty much everything else." he admitted. "uh. tell Steve he's very welcome. i'd always hoped that Steve would stop living with his head crammed up his ass..." Steve choked out a laugh. "come on Tony, sweetie. time for bed." Pepper ordered, urging him to his feet. "i'm going with him. the ghosts might bother him while he's sleeping." he explained to Leigh before following Tony, ignoring the fact that the door was closed and simply sliding right through it. "alright. we'll follow Phil." Grant explained. Phil took them down the elevator and showed them to their rooms. numbered 33 and 35 respectively. right next to each other. there he left them to get some sleep and headed back up to do some research, as much as he could.

“Probably.”Leigh said snickering a little as Tony agreed with steve’s observation, tilting her head a little. “I’m sure it is. You’ll figure it out.”She smiled amused a little as indeed, seemed to be accepting that he liked tony, even if he wasn’t dealing with the idea of liking men well. “He can hear you, he just can’t make himself heard.”Leigh said replying to pepper before smiling as tony let the woman get him heading for bed.”Night.”She said looking amused as they settled in for the night.

In the morning Leigh frowned as she looked at phil, tilting her head a little. “Did you get any sleep at all?”she said already tapping on the tablet that had been in her room, reading through files and videos.

Steve shrugged. "i always do." he admitted with a smile as Pepper blushed. "oh." she muttered.

Phil looked up at her. "of course i did." he stated simply before looking down at his tablet again. "i got a half an hour catnap around midnight." he admitted. "Thor is looking into who could be using Magic on Tony, while Clint is guarding that whore Sharon." he admitted. "find anything interesting?" there had been a lot of interesting things. Loki referring to three kids, Loki referring to two wives, Loki explaining that the eight legged horse was not his son by birth but created, Loki explaining that Odin had always hated him, though Frigga had loved him equally to Thor. Loki flicking his fingers, making cups slide just out of reach of Tony's fingers. Loki creating doubles, Loki pretending to turn into someone else and mocking them. Loki's favorite was apparently captain America, and once Loki had worn just the Captain America costume and pretended to flit around gay as gay could be, making the entire tower roar with laughter, even Steve. "hey i remember that!" Steve admitted with a grin, leaning over Leigh's shoulder. "he was such a dick."

"Good. Though you look like you could use more."she said her eyes flickering over him in that sort of vague way that said she was seeing more then you thought."lots."She said smiling as she told hiM everything she'd found before shaking her head."but I didn't find anything like what's going on."she said before snickering at steve's words."he was but you gotta admit, you are totally gay. He was just trying to be helpful by showing it to you."she teased

Phil shrugged. "i'll sleep when i'm dead..." he paused. "permanently dead." he corrected, seeing as he'd already died. "nothing at all? maybe it's a new trick?" he wondered, his head tilted before blinking. "oh... is Steve here?" he asked, startled even as Steve whined. "i am NOT Gay! just because i have a bit of a crush on Tony doesn't mean a damn thing!" Steve protested, feeling terror curl u in his gut. what if he WAS gay? was that such a bad thing though? Clint and Phil where gay after all and no one pissed with them. they where happy, healthy, didn't seam sick at all... so, why was being Gay such a bad thing? was it just his culture or was it something else?

“You don’t get to sleep when you’re dead. You just kinda....get to stay awake all the time. I have no idea if ghosts can actually sleep you know.”Leigh said looking amused, before sighing. “Maybe. I mean, I saw him doing one or the other, making the illusions solid OR making then invisible, but not both at once.”She said before snickering. “Yea. He’s complaining. And....”She stared at steve, shaking her head a little. “Well. If this is what he was faced with, no wonder Tony’s upset with you.”

Phil shrugged. "that's only if i stay behind." he pointed out. "besides, if i don't need to sleep when i'm dead maybe i'll get more work done." Steve snorted at that. "could be he just never wanted to before." Phil admitted. "or, it could be that because of Steve's... unique state of being he can interact with the illusions even though they aren't actually solid. it's hard to be certain." he admitted. "i think it's because we're both made from Magic." Steve agreed. "here.... go back three videos." he ordered. "see those two clones? how they're smacking each other around? but when Thor tries to break them up his hands just slide through? i think magic interacts with magic differently than it does the physical world." Steve admitted to her before he winced. "hey. until two days ago i didn't even know i liked Tony as anything more than a friend so excuse me for being a bit freaked out." he huffed, flicking a pencil and made it roll across the desk, Phil picking it up and putting it back into position. "Steve, stop that." "make me." too bad Phil couldn't hear Steve.

“That’s true. Though considering it’s you, I doubt you’re going anywhere. I mean, you seem as dedicated in death as you would be in life.”Leigh said sounding bemused before nodding, thinking it over. “Steve thinks it’s cause they’re both magic. Whatever this Steve is, and what older steve is, they’re created by magic. Makes sense...See?Like the two clones.”phil said showing phil the movie, sighing quietly before glancing up at steve. “I know, but he can hear you, if you start freaking out again, like real steve did, he’s going to be even more upset then he already is.”Leigh pointed out before laughing at steve’s words. “You’re such a child. Stop playing with the pencils.”She teased.

Phil shrugged. "it's not as if i could be much help here if no one can see or hear me." he pointed out. "...Steve could very well be right." he admitted. "very little is really known about magic, Loki was extremely possessive of the knowledge and apparently all sorcerers are that way if Thor is to be believed." he admitted. "that's why i'm freaking out up here, and not in front of Tony." Steve stated calmly. "i'm trying my damnedest but even i can't just ignore a lifetime of prejudice. my own Mother hated gay people you know." he admitted. "but then she was a devout christian, seamed to think Gay people where scions of the devil." he admitted, running a hand through his hair. before huffing, picking up a pencil and dropping t on her, before repeating the process with a bunch of papers and a canister of paperclips, Phil sighing as Steve huffed and stalked away. "...that was my paperwork. now i have to reorganize it." he complained.

“True, but I’m not the only medium in the world, might be fun having ghost spies or something.”leigh said before nodding, “That makes sense. I mean, if knowledge can keep someone from killing you, I’d be protective of it to.”Leigh added before sighing, “I know steve. I’m just frustrated and worried.”She apologized, wincing. Knowing she’d upset him, rolling her eyes a little as he spilled everything, before looking at phil. “sorry. I probably should have left him alone...”

“Pepper...?”Tony muttered nuzzling his face against her shoulder, shifting, wrapping a arm around her waist, drawing her closer.

Phil paused and then smirked. "that would be fun." he agreed with a chuckle before he shook his head. "it's more like he had to keep it out of the hands of anyone unworthy or incapable of controlling the Magic." Phil corrected. "from what little i was able to get from him, Magic is a sentient being. if you cannot control it, then it will control you, and Magic doesn't know 'right' or 'wrong' it only knows what it's master, or it wants." he admitted. "sort of like a kid with a poltergeist with a best friend i'd suppose." Phil admitted. "it's a dangerous power that can become very addictive if not handled properly so all sorcerers are very careful to cull any of their umber that looses control and very carefully control who learns it." he admitted. "he's just upset and frustrated. he's always been unable to stand doing nothing, and that's what he's doing here. nothing. he is probably under the impression he's not helping, can't help and that always makes him a bit more testy."

Pepper smiled down at him, stroking his hair. "morning sleepy." she chirped. "how are you feeling, any better?" she asked, pausing when she looked around the room. "is Steve here?" nope. "wanna have sex?" she offered impishly.

“Well.That to.”She said looking thoughtful, humming a little. “Wonder if all ghosts are magic in that way. I mean...it’s a mutation that I can see them, but if it’s part magic keeping them here...”Leigh muttered eyes unfocusing a little as she thought, her power of seeing the otherworld kept her from focusing well on this one. “....Yes. That is a apt description. I’ve only seen one true poltergist, and it was on the mission I met grant for the first time....damned kid had a poltergist wrapped around his fingers and nearly burned the city down around us.”leigh smiled a little before sighing. “I think he’s helping more then he thinks. Despite his upset stance on discovering he’s been screwing tony, tony....I think is handling it better with the idea of having him not hate him at the moment...”

“I’m not sleepy. You’re sleepy. You sleep more then I do.”he whined a little before nodding, “I feel more rested. Less out of control.”He smiled before snickering. “Nope. Probably following Phil around or visiting his wife...I do. Always want to have sex.”He snickered stealing a kiss.

Phil pondered that and then. "you know, we should look into that." he admitted. "it could very well be that your 'mutation' is a dormant magical ability." he admitted. "i know that a lot of asgardians and other beings from the nine realms often laid with humans and had mixed blooded offspring. you could easily be a descendant of one of those unions." he admitted. "i know." Phil admitted with a grimace. "i remember that mission. i didn't believe in ghosts until then." he admitted with a shudder. "that damn thing possessed me!" he complained. "at least the Poltergeist and kid didn't kill anyone." granted, three people had been hospitalized, but no one had actually died. "of course he's helping more than he thinks he is. he always helps Tony just by being close..." he admitted with a smile. "and i highly doubt Steve is expressing his 'i can't be gay' behaviors in front of Tony. it took me almost a year and a half to convince him it was really okay to be gay after all. i'd say he's taking it rather well." "i'm back!" Steve informed them. "Tony's being gross."

“....You know, that actually makes sense. I mean, it would be easy to track not only my own family, but the few other mediums. We might all be all ‘other’ instead of simple mutants.”Leigh said looking interested before snickering, “I know. I think we’re all glad the thing didn’t know half of what you did in terms of fighting, otherwise someone mighth ave ended up dead.”Leigh made a face before nodding, “Probably not. Hopefully this helps them both....Tonys’ being gross?”She said raising a eyebrow as she looked at the ghost, making a annoyed noise. “I wish I could figure out a way to make everyone hear you. It’d be easier then if I’m just talking to air.”

he nodded. "might be something interesting to look into." he agreed. "and really, no one knows where the X-Gene came from. for all we know they're just exhibiting godly abilities too." he admitted before snorting. "it couldn't stand being in my head. it was 'too organized'. according to the little brat anyway. Poltergeists, from what i was able to gather, hate order." he admitted with a smirk. "yeah, his lips are touching Peppers." he admitted, Phil looking up at him, his eyes lighting up. "oh! oh wait! wait here!" he ordered, leaping to his feet. there was a thing, something Loki had used when his daughter Hela, invisible to all mortals, appeared. it had been a tight choker necklace that had rendered her semi visible. he just had to figure out if Loki had left it behind or if Thor had reclaimed it. "where i he going?" this Steve had never met Hela, and so had no idea what Phil was going after.

“Heh. You know, that’s a word I could see used to describe you. Grant says your very very organized, enough to keep even Stark’s paperwork in order.”Leigh snickered before laughing. “Only you would find kissing gross.”She teased before looking startled as phil left, looking after him in bemusement. Having never met hela either, she had no idea. “No idea. Hoepfully he’ll be back soon.”She said raising a eyebrow as a chipper looking director walked in, definitely more awake and together then he’d been the night before. “Morning. Anyone want breakfast?”Tony asked as he headed for the kitchen to start cooking.

he nodded. "yes i am very organized." he admitted. "i have to be. considering most of the actual running of shield falls into my hands." he admitted. "i even manage to keep Tony's office clean." he admitted. "oh they're doing more than kissing." Steve stated calmly, watching Phil run off. "think he had to go puke? the idea of Pepper having sex is pretty gross." he admitted with a grin. "good morning Tony! i do want breakfast, but i can't eat." Steve admitted with a sigh and a shake of his head. "Steve!" Phil declared when he walked back in a black leather strip in his hands. "put this on, around your neck. i can't be sure, but i'm pretty certain it should work." he admitted, watching with fascination as the necklace lifted out of his hand as if on it's own and settled in place. slowly, color started to seep around it, faint, but there. soon, a see through Steve was in sight. "did it work?" Steve asked, Phil grinning. "yes it did." "sweet!"

“A feat in itself, keeping his office clean.”Leigh said snickering a little, before wincing at steve’s words. “I could have done without knowing he was having sex.”She whined before laughing. “Only you consider it disgusting.”She pointed out. “...you can pick up stuff. I bet you could pretend to eat it.”Tony said looking thoughtful as he dug out the stuff to make eggs and bacon. “What is it?”Leigh said looking interested as steve put it on, looking at phil in interest, since both her and tony already saw him, they relied on phil to see if he could.

Steve shrugged. "if i have to suffer, so do you." he complained with a sniff. "i just can't think of Pepper naked without shuddering." Steve admitted. "you're rather pretty on the other hand, i could imagine you naked." he admitted with a playful grin before focusing on Tony. "well, before i came here, i was told if i could manage to pick it up, i could still eat." he admitted. "i'm never hungry but i miss the taste." he admitted. "it's one of Loki's old 'toys'. when his daughter Hela visited none of us could see her, because she was mired in death or something like that. i didn't get the explanation, anyway Loki gave her this so she could interact with us." Phil admitted, Steve brightening. "so people can see me!" "yes we can." Phil agreed with a grin. "it's good to see you again Steve." Phil admitted, smiling when Steve tried to give him a hug and just passed right through him, making Steve curse. "yeah the necklace doesn't help solidity." he admitted with a chuckle.

Back
Top Bottom