Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seeing Ghosts(Avengers)Moon/Lady

she snorted a little. "i don't need to compliment you anymore, your own ego does it for me." she said dryly, though she sounded amused. "i'd rather you not see him at all." she admitted before rolling her eyes. "relax Tony. we'll use one of the doctors i have blackmail on so he Can't say anything." she promised. "and your not that insane, not really." she promised him before chuckling t Tony's complaints. "i don't see how your gonna stop me." Steve admitted. "besides, i'm dead, i have to entertain myself somehow." he admitted with a shrug. "well, i'm either a figment of your imagination, i'm actually dead, or i'm in a coma and this is all a figment of MY imagination." Steve admitted with a shrug. "it's hard to be sure which." he admitted. "well why not!? it's not as if you don't already know!" Steve complained, Pepper wrinkling her nose. "alright that's enough." she ordered. "Tony stop feeding your delusions with small talk. and You! if you ARE real, leave Tony alone." she ordered, Steve sticking his tongue out at her. "you can't tell me what to do i'm dead! besides i already promised to leave Tony alone in public so there!"

“hm, so it does. But it is good to hear from my wife sometimes, that I’m good.”He muttered looking up at her, flinching a little. “I know, and I would to, but seeing as not seeing him isn’t happening, I’d prefer one who’s not going to forgive me or apologize for getting murdered.”he grumbled before studying the other, nodding tightly. “Okay. Make the appointment, I’ll go see him.”He sighed before studying steve, something hurt in his look at the other’s words. Because well, even if he knew he was insane, it still hurt to hear. At least it hurt when it was steve saying it. “...Well, I would stop talking to him if he’d stop sounding so much like....steve.”he muttered, because those last years, when everything had gone so wrong, it hadn’t been the steve he understood, this one was the one he knew and loved the most. “...He already promised to not talk to me in public....”He muttered looking up at pepper tiredly.

she smiled. "your very good." she agreed, stroking his hair, Steve nodding. "yes Tony. you are a good man, never let anyone, not even me, tell you otherwise." he ordered with a smile before cocking his head to the side at the mention of a doctor. "well... i could try and imitate Phil if that would make you feel better?" Steve offered, Pepper sighing. "Tony... he's a delusion. i don't think he can keep that promise." she admitted, looking amused, running her hands through his hair. "come on. let's go have wild hot sex and then go to bed." she offered, Steve wrinkling his nose. "eew! i'm taking off." Steve informed Tony. "i'll find someone else to annoy if your gonna do the dirty tango." he admitted. "not that your not utterly gorgeous, but i really have no desire to see Pepper naked." he admitted, sticking his tongue out at her. "i'm gonna see if i cn still bounce on beds." he decided, heading off to find a bedroom. he could still bounce on the bed... not that the bed showed even the slightest wrinkle from his activities. disgusted, he found other ways to entertain himself before huffing and heading back up to wait for Tony to wake up. so he was in the office, lounging on the couch when Tony got up. "...being dead is boring as hell." Steve informed Tony.

“...No. It’s weird enough you’re steve, don’t imitate people I actually still have to work with...”Tony muttered flinching a little at pepper’s words, “Well, he’s a my delusion, it stands to reason if he promises me-which would just be a promise to myself- then he’ll not do it.”Tony huffed a little. “Hmmm, hot wild sex it is.”Tony grinned at his wife, rolling his eyes as steve left.

In the morning Tony paused as he walked into his office, rolling his eyes a little as he walked in to his office, “Well, if it’s so boring you could just go away and stop bothering me. Go to the great beyond or something.”Tony said as he settled into his office chair, for once looking well rested and content, because not only had he gotten sex, he’d gotten some well needed sleep.

Steve snorted a little. "whatever you say Tony." he stated simply. "...good point." Pepper agreed, smiling at him. "well, this delusion will behave anyway, i doubt the others will." she admitted with a sigh and a shake of her head. "i'll get a hold of the doctor in the morning." she promised before chuckling. she didn't Love Tony as much as he deserved, but she adored sex with him, he was just so good at it!

"...well i did try you know." Steve admitted. "when i first showed up. how am i supposed to go away when i don't know how? not to mention your the only one who can see me." he admitted. "...i hate being alone." Steve admitted, sitting up and shoved his hands into the large pocket of his hoodie. "you look a lot better at least." he admitted. "by the way! i was able to pick up tissue earlier." he admitted with a grin before sulking. "no one noticed though." he grumbled. "that would have been hilarious, watching everyone freak out about a floating hankie."

“Thanks Pepper.”He muttered smiling, pleased that she was good to take care of him. He knew they didn’t love each other like either deserved, and most days that was just another thing for him to feel guilty over, but he needed her to.

“...I don’t know, but seeing as everyone I’ve ever gotten killed haunts me, I just I shouldn’t be surprised none of you can figure out how to leave me alone.”Tony huffed a little smiling slightly as he started working on the computer, rearranging assignments, sending a email to phil about everything james had told him, the everyday things. “Well, at least that didn’t change. You always did hate being alone, even if it meant spending time with me.”Tony muttered before snickering. “That would have been fairly amusing. You should try picking up something else.”Tony said sighing tiredly as he saw the meeting that was on his schedule for the day. He was going to have to talk to Maria about scheduling meetings without telling pepper, because he was pretty sure pepper would have never let this meeting happen without tellign him. “Feel like going for a walk captain?”

Steve shrugged. "can't speak much for the others." he admitted. "never met them." he admitted with a grin, humming to himself as he let Tony work. "Tony, to be honest, out of everyone living in the tower, you where the one i liked spending time with the most. you didn't insist on talking when all i wanted to do was sit quiet and draw." he admitted. "i've been trying, it only seams to work when i start getting frustrated. i think my ability to affect the physical world is keyed to my emotions." he admitted with a huff. "and since i was never a very emotional person... well..." he shook his head and moved over and prodded Tony's pencil, smiling when it rolled down the desk. "granted, a puff of air or you moving could have done the same thing." he admitted before blinking at Tony. "what, your inviting me?" he asked curiously. "sure, i can go with you." he agreed happy to have been invited.

“...Don’t tell me that. I have enough problems figuring out how we got to this point without wondering why by the end you hated spending time with me as much as you used to like to.”Tony sighed quietly, before smiling a little. “You should hang around with me more, you always did get frustrated with me.”Tony said sighing a little smirking as his pencil rolled before smirking, “Oh yea. I’m inviting you along this time.”He said with that playful amused smirk that said he was up to something. “Come on Captain.”He said smiling as he left the office, looking amused because he was so going to enjoy doing this. Walking through the helicarrier he smiled a little as he watched the others work, before walking out onto the catwalk that went above the command center. Settling against the railign he watched the people below him, barely turning his head when he heard his meeting approaching. Hiding the snickering as he heard Sharon Carter-Rogers nearing. “You know, it’s unkind avoiding me, Director.” “I’m not avoiding you, Mrs. Rogers, but I’m very busy.” "Liar. You're avoiding dealing with anything. "...Maybe. But you have no need of me, and you made it very clear you were done with shield. I was just obeying your rules."Tony said, not truly listening to sharon, absently watching steve, wondering how he was reacting to the sight of his wife. even if he was a delusion, it'd still be interesting to watch.

Steve smiled a little. "....arrogance most like, stubbornness.... denial. any of those where traits i was guilty of and any of them would have caused a falling out." he admitted. "oh no! you used to GOAD me! don't deny it! you loved seeing me in a temper!" he complained, pouting at Tony before cocking his head at the other. "i'm abut to get pranked, aren't i?" he asked with a sigh, but followed anyway. "you shouldn't call me Captain anyway. i'm not Captain America anymore apparently." he admitted with a sigh. "...." he paused and blinked at Sharon. "you said she shot me, shouldn't she be locked up or something?" he asked, examining the woman, seeing now how he could have fallen in love with her... or part of her. she looked so much like Peggy it hurt. "he's not avoiding anything you... woman." Steve complained, unable to find a good insult. "he just stopped a kill order for almost three hundred people so don't you dare try to guilt him!" he growled at Sharon. "i don't like her Tony.." he complained, scowling at the woman. "are you sure i married her? i'm pretty sure i didn't." he huffed. if only because he had suspicions that he was one hundred percent gay. he could see himself rejecting Tony in a fit of fear. it wasn't like Steve was all that happy about liking men himself.

“I did. It was quite awesome, and it usually ended in amazing sex, but still annoying to think about.”tony muttered before smirking, “Oh yea.Totally pranking on the way.”he said smiling. “You’ll always be the captain.”Tony muttered before shaking his head. “Extenuating circumstances.”Tony muttered before fairly ignoring the man in order to deal with Sharon, nodding slightly at the question of whether they married or not. “What do you want Sharon?We usually survive well when we just ignore each other.”Tony said studying her. “...I need a safehouse.There is...I need a place to lay low.”She said resting a hand on her stomach, a motion that made tony freeze, “...You’ll have a house made available to you, and I’ll send the information with Clint or Phil.”Tony said stepping away, needing away before he broke...needing away from steve before he realized just how badly the idea steve having a child hurt. “...Goodbye Sharon.”He said dodging around her to leave. “...Tony, he didn’t hate you.”Sharon said watching the man go, even if she hated him, and wanted him to die a painful death for what happened, steve hadn’t hated him. “....Goodbye Sharon.”He said heading for phil’s office.

he blinked. "so we actually had sex?" he asked, sounding a bit amazed, as well as confused. "i didn't even know i was... you know..." he admitted. "i mean, i started to suspect once i arrived here and you and James... but i thought maybe you where just fucking with him." Steve admitted. "...i'm not entirely sure i deserve that title, from the things i've started piecing together." he admitted. "....oh... my... god. i made a baby." Steve whispered, sounding one hundred percent horrified. "oh. my god. oh my GOD!" Steve stated, sounding truly traumatized. "Tony?" Phil asked, blinking at the man, his head tilted. Tony rarely came down to him. he knew that he was just a slew of bad memories, especially since Phil had adored Steve so much. "you've gone all pale, sit before you fall down." Phil ordered. "what is it? what's wrong?" he asked, handing Tony the only thing Phil ever kept in his office. apple juice. Phil had to give up Coffee after he developed a small heart murmur. he had been extremely displeased and the entire Shield populace, even Steve, had hidden themselves for a full three weeks while he got over his Caffeine addiction. "apple juice?" Steve asked, sounding very, very amused. "really? he's giving you apple juice?"

“Oh yea. Hate fucking at it’s best.”Tony said twitching a little, “And I was fucking with him, but that was mostly cause he doesn’t like to talk about it, not because I was lying.”He snickered a little. Looking just as traumatized as steve was at the idea of a baby, swallowing thickly as he looked at phil, stumbling a little as he moved to sit down, and it wasn’t that he didn’t like phil, didn’t still value the man, it was just it was just so hard to be around him....to be around any of the other’s, usually these days found tony even more a loner then he had been before. “Sharon....sharon...pregnant....”he said sounding broken as he grabbed the juice box from the other man and doing it like it was something stronger. “...Doesn’t drink coffee anymore. Gotta have apple juice.”Tony muttered.

he snorted. "i highly doubt i was so desperate for sex i'd resort to hate fucking Tony." he pointed out with a chuckle before snickering. "you know. i always did like pissing with James." he admitted with a grin before grimacing as Tony staggered, moving to catch him. too bad Phil got there first. "hey. hey easy. Tony..." Phil murmured, looking worried before he paled. "....oh..." he whispered, startled. "she's... oh..." he hesitated and then cleared his throat. "i'll have a safe house set up and a detail assigned to her from people we know we can trust." he assured Tony. "ill set Clint to watching her until we can have her moved. he won't like it but he'll do it." he admitted before giving Tony a funny look. "i am well aware that you find my lack of Coffee drinking to be abhorrent Tony but you don't have to make fun of me for it." he grumbled. "i can't smoke anymore either. or drink. or spar. or have excessive sex..." he grumbled, sulking. "stupid heart murmur." he grumbled. "ruining my life.. stupid archers who are suddenly sticklers for the rules..." Phil mumbled, quite unhappy about being told what he could and could not do.

“You’d be surprised.”Tony snickered. “I’m okay.”Tony said as he eased himself into the chair, trembling ever so slightly as he slouched over, resting his head in his hands, having thought he could hold it together long enough to get through a conversation with phil, but he wasn’t. “Yes.She is. You get her out of here, she’s here staying with pepper and maria for the moment, till you can get her out of here. After that, I can make sure she stays off any lists, I just need that house buried so deep there’s no chance Osborne will figure out what’s going on.”Tony said before wincing. “...Wasn’t. I wasn’t talking to you.”Tony twitched a little, because he knew phil had his suspicions, at least concerning how many times the good director saw the people he failed. “...Stupid archers who nearly lost you once, and enjoy having you around. Don’t give him to hard of a time, phil. He doesn’t deserve it, and I’d trade anything to have that.”Tony said his voice unhappy, because he also knew that phil was one of the only people besides james who knew that tony and steve had been having so much hate sex it was amazing they hadn’t killed each other in the middle of it.

Phil shook his head a little. "your not okay. hell i'm not okay." he admitted. "i have a home." he admitted. "it's one of Natasha's." he admitted. meaning it was way out there, unlisted, paid off under a false name, and had no ties to anything or anyone. Natasha had the best Safe houses of any Shield Agent. "she'll be completely off the grid." Phil admitted. "we'll have her installed with a new identity." he admitted. "....oh..." Phil hesitated, looking around the room for any hint of anything out of place before refocusing on Tony. "did i ever sign his cards? i wasn't even aware he was still alive." Steve admitted softly. yes, Steve had signed all the cards. and then screamed at Phil for an hour for neglecting to inform them that he'd been alive. "i don't care that he's making me take care of myself Tony. i care that he's been treating me like a fragile piece of glass ever since Steve died. i CARE that he hasn't so much as given me a hand job, let alone actual sex! i haven't gotten laid in a month and a half Tony!" Phil complained scrubbing his face. "i'd trade almost anything to have him back too." he admitted softly. "anyway, i'll get started on Sharon's new identity...." he paused and focused intently on his pencil cup. "...." he narrowed his eyes suspiciously at Tony and then grabbed a pen to make notes for himself, ignoring that one of his pencil's was now missing. Steve was delighted to find that if he picked up a pencil and stuffed it in his sweater, it went as invisible as he was. and Phil was just OCD enough to notice the missing pencil.

“I’m as okay as I ever am.”he muttered before nodding, relieved a little. “Good. Nat’s good.”He muttered before smirking a little as phil looked around him, shaking his head a little before nodding at steve’s question, not talking because he didn’t want to look even more insane then he already was. “....I’ll talk to him. I’ll go tell him he’s taking care of Sharon for a bit to.”Tony snickered a little because he knew that wasn’t why phil had told him about their sex life, but he was feeling emotionally crippled and vulnerable enough to subject himself to being yelled at by everyone....even if it was only tony that truly thought he deserved yelled at. For most of the time, phil and clint left him alone and didn’t take things out on him, even if tony didn’t visit nearly as much as he used to, because he couldn’t face their pain on top of his own. “...Thanks Phil.”He said levering himself to his feet. “Text me when you got things settled, and I’ll send Clint out with Sharon.”He said before heading out to find the archer, shaking his head as he looked at steve. “You look delighted with yourself.”he muttered as he walked.

Phil nodded. "yeah she was the best." he agreed, running a hand through his hair. "Phil doesn't know about me?" Steve asked curiously before nodding. "i'll shut up then." he promised. "if he's handling Sharon then at least he won't be asking me if i need to sit down every five minutes." Phil grumbled before he smiled at Tony. "don't worry. we'll keep the baby safe." he promised. he had never really forgiven Sharon for shooting Steve, no matter that it wasn't really her fault. so he was protecting her more for Steve's sake than her sake. "i'll do that." Phil promised. "i am pleased with myself. i stole a pencil." Steve stated smugly, pulling it out and cursing when it slid through his fingers to clatter onto the floor. "well there goes my Sketching dreams." he grumbled with a sigh. "i'll have to keep practicing."

She was.”Tony muttered dipping his head, staring at the floor for a long moment, shaking his head a little in response to steve’s question before snickering. “Well, at least not in person. He’ll probably be texting.”He snickered before looking a little relieved, because it was the same for him. He hadn’t forgiven sharon as much as he hadn’t forgiven himself, holding them both equally to blame for it....though his anger over sharon was even worse considering the awkward four way relationship the two men had had going on. Leaving he shook his head a little, “Good for you.”he said before startling, staring at the pen as it hit the floor, a slightly unsure look on his face as he bent to pick it up.”....you had a pen....”He said looking confused even as he texted to see if pepper had gotten him into the doctor’s, before pausing at one of the vents, looking around before undoing it and hoisting himself up into the vent. While he wasn’t nearly as in shape as clint, he was more then enough to go crawling through vents after a man he was pretty sure was spying on phil. “Barton?Don’t make me climb to far in here. I dislike the vents.”Tony called, definitely feeling claustrophobic about being in here.

Steve nodded and Phil huffed. "as long as he's not HERE." he muttered. "i love him, i do, but i'm two more 'are you okay Phil's? from strangling him with his own bow." he admitted mostly because he had to complain to someone and Tony was the only person who talked to him other than Clint these days. "i did have a pen. yes." Steve admitted. "have to entertain myself somehow you know." he admitted, his head tilted a little when Tony texted. Pepper texted back saying she had made him an appointment for that very evening. "oh no fair! i don't think i can get up there!" Steve complained, sulking even as he did his best to peek in. Steve was too wide at the shoulders to be able to get into the vents.

“...Hm, he deserves it sometimes. Stupid birdbrain.”Tony muttered looking amused though. “...Yes...I...Yes I guess you do.”Tony said looking utterly confused at the idea of steve actually having a pen....a pen that he’d been able to pick up after steve dropped it. “Good!You can just stay there then.”Tony huffed. “....Talking to yourself again, Stark?” “Shut up, birdbrain. You have babysitting duty. Come on.”tony said as he pulled the tired and strained looking archer out of the nest he’d built in the vents about phil’s office just so he could spy. “I know. I’m on my way.”Clint said already holding the overnight bag to go stay with sharon. “Good. Now go say your goodbye and I’ll go round up Sharon.”Tony said studying the archer for a long moment, looking worried for him before heading to look for pepper, who he knew was probably talking to sharon, if only because the agent for some reason, enjoyed his wife’s company.

Clint watched the director go, before detouring to phil’s room, looking him over, biting his lip to keep from fussing just yet, leaning down to kiss him.”you’ll be careful while I’m gone?It’ll probably be awhile...even after I get her settled, I’ll stay and make sure she’s well taken care of...least I can do for cap...”Clint sighed running his fingers through his hair, tilting his head.”Also....watch out for the director. He’s talking to himself more.”you heard all kinds of things when you go lurking in the vents. “You’ll call if you need anything?”He said looking at his lover worriedly.

Phil chuckled a little. "he enjoys it too much." Phil admitted with a smile. "Tony! don't be mean!" Steve whined, sulking. "it's not my fault i'm a sexy muscled hunk whose too bug to fit into vents!" he whined before brightening at the sight of Clint. "well he's looking good a least." Steve admitted happily. "hey Tony?" Steve asked once Tony was back in the hallways like a civilized person. "will you tell me, about some things tonight?" he asked hopefully. "i know it's hard for you, but i'd really like to know you know? how i died and what's happened." he admitted. "you can even yell at me if you want."

Phil smiled at him. "i'll be extra careful." he promised. "i really wish this hadn't happened." he admitted with a sigh. "i was perfectly content wishing her dead." he admitted before smiling at Clint. "i noticed. Pepper sent me a memo, he has a meeting with a doctor. i think they're going to get him on some medication or something." he admitted. "i'll call even when i don't need anything." he promised. "you know i don't mind that you fuss right?" he asked Clint. "i'm just frustrated." he promised the other. "y he time you come back, i'll have permission to have sex again, even if i have to beat the doctors up with my tie."

“You aren’t that sexy.”Tony pointed out rolling his eyes a little as he got out of the vent. “well, he still has phil, and has pretty much survived the rest.”Tony said looking vaguely amused as he headed for his office, pausing as he sank into his face, biting his lip a little before nodding slowly, “...If...if you really want to knw. I can.”

“Good.and me to. Dealing with Sharon now is like getting shot. I mean....she was bitchy before, but it’s gotten worse.”Clint muttered before sighing quietly, nodding. “Good. I think he needs it.”clint said because no matter what tony believed, for him, tony was the last of his family, him and phil, were all clint had left, so he protected them. Them, and now James, and Sharon’s baby....he protected them because it was what he thought his family expected from him, so he wouldn’t complain to much about taking care of sharon. “...I know. I’m frustrated to.”Clint said before laughing stealing a kiss. “Don’t strain yourself to much beating them up.”he teased stepping back.”I better be going...”

Steve snorted. "i am completely Sexy in all ways." he stated simply before nodding. "yeah he's still got Phil." he agreed. "but then, you still have Pepper and you look like Hell." he pointed out. "then again, i suppose Clint isn't working himself to death." he muttered. "even Fury took a day off now and again you know." he pointed out. "i would like to know. maybe it would make you feel better. i'm rather reluctant to bother you when your talking to the doctor." he admitted. "feels like an invasion of privacy i guess, listening in when your talking to your doctor." he admitted.

he snorted a little. "i really hate her so much." Phil admitted with a sigh, rubbing his face a little. "i wasn't too fond of her before she shot Cap for that matter." he growled. "i'm half convinced she's the one who made him think being Gay was a sickness again. it took me YEARS to tell Cap that it was okay to like the male body and all of a sudden there she is and all my work was ruined, the vapid bitch." he growled before he smiled wt Clint. "i won't strain myself. i promise to take a fifteen minute break before and after and i'll sit down and rest if i get tired in the middle." he promised with a smile. "...alright." he sighed. "i'll call you tonight before bed. i can't sleep at night without hearing your voice." he admitted.

“No, no you aren’t.”Tony snickered rolling his eyes a little. “....Well, fury doesn’t have to run herd on a moronic president and have no other heros besides Clint left, and we’re both pathetically human.”Well. As human as tony could be with extremis. “...Okay. This evening then.”Tony said not looking good about it, but willing to try and talk about it.

“I know, I think everyone does.”Clint sighed a little wincing. “As much as I want to say no she wouldn’t do it, he was doing okay with being nearly fucking Stark with his eyes until she got ahold of him.”clint muttered before nodding.”Good. I’ll talk to you tonight.”He said stealing a kiss, cleaning into the other for a long moment before moving away.

Later that night Tony sighed tiredly, twitching a little. Running his fingers through his hair, glad that pepper had listened to his request for privacy. Staring at syringe, he nearly cringed as he slid the needle into his arms to get the anti-hallucinogens straight into his bloodstream, making it more potent to his system, his new prescription, and hopefully something he’d remember to take. Collapsing back onto the couch, he sighed glad he’d retreated to the tower for this conversation, even if it was just with himself, he wanted privacy, and the nearly ghost town of a tower was perfect for it. “....to understand what happened, you have to start at the beginning.....It started....that first christmas after the chitaurti....”He sighed quietly, working on his way to talk about it, which was startling really. Considering that where steve come from, they were weeks away from christmas.

Steve followed Tony round, practicing picking things up. not that he could do much, though he'd managed to get another pencil and write a few letters on an empty pad of paper that made one of the various interns blink and gape at before shrugging, assuming that someone else had written it. the doctor had told Tony that the 'pen incident' had likely been Tony grabbing the pencil himself, even as his mind told him Steve had done it. it was 'common' after all for the brain to trick you. "...Christmas? that's in... three weeks." Steve admitted, looking startled. "so soon?" no wonder Loki had sent him NOW. there hadn't been any time left! if it was all starting so soon, Steve had to have time to alter the course of history. he had to find out what the hell was happening!

Back
Top Bottom