Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seeing Ghosts(Avengers)Moon/Lady

“...No, it was nearly 5 years ago now.”Tony said frowning a little, staring at the floor, sighing quietly. “..I’ll answer questions after,but...let me get through this before interrupting okay?It’s bad enough saying it, without having to stop every five words.”He said sighing quietly shifting, “That christmas me and pepper decided to spend it in malibu, instead of new york...I wasn’t handling things well after the wormhole, and the tower was still being rebuilt mostly, so we headed to California.”Tony sighed shaking his head a little. “There was...a old boyfriend of Pepper’s, Aldrich Killian, created something called extremis....sort of a...fire version of your serum. But much like the serum when others but erksine did it, it was unstable.....and once, long ago, I’d figured out how to fix it while drunk.Well....long story short I couldn’t remember how to fix it sober, so he kidnapped pepper to force me to do it....there was a terrorist plot and stuff in the middle there, but that’s most of it...what came after is what you really want to know....James...James is the assassin known as the winter soldier. You were living in DC, and things went out of control, James got sicced on you and...”Tony said starting to explain the whole of what happened when james showed up in DC before sighing

“Because of Extremis, I can connect to any computer in the world....my brain’s a super computer these days. Beyond giving me the ability to heal, it gave me that. So, I joined up with you and Sam, when after boy wonder, and found him holed up in New jersey.”He said staring down at the floor, his words trailing off, working his way up to saying the rest. Becaue the rest was what hurt the most

Steve nodded a little. "okay Tony." he agreed, watching him. god, that all sounded like hell. he made a mental note to talk to Tony once... if he ever got back to the past. for now he needed to help THIS Tony. "James was working for Hydra and he was sent to kill me...." Steve muttered, making a mental note to remember that as well. "i'll remember that." he promised Tony before blinking and then grinning. "you know. you of all people would have a way to connect to computers. must hurt your brain though." he admitted, his head tilted to the side. "...go on. maybe you'll feel better if you let it all out? scream it at me if that will make you feel better." he offered.

“He was. But even memoriless, he’s still James. He pulled you out of the Potomac when you nearly drowned, then set out to find himself again. Though why New Jersey I have no idea...”Tony sighed quietly smirking. “Computers are awesome....and I’m more liable to see people, and get migraines then I’d been before, but its not that bad...”Tony sighed quietly, staring at the floor, going quiet as he thought. “we spent 6 months tracking your boy down, and it was....amazing. We figured out even if we didn’t like any of the same stuff, we did enjoy spending time together....it was almost....like dating, but not. Never noticed I’d ended up liking you until I realized when we got home, you were still seeing sharon....took even less time for you and her to announce your wedding. It wasn’t....horrible. Showing you the traditions of a wedding was amusing, and..”he nearly whimpered, swallowing thickly. “And I managed to shove aside what I was feeling till your wedding. A hour before actually. I was your best man, cause we couldn’t convince James to come, he didn’t trust himself around us yet.”

“...Confessed you couldn’t marry her, cause I was in love with you. You just gave me this look....so...distant. And you just said it’s not possible, seeing as I was incapable of love so I couldn’t be feeling it for real.”Tony sighed quietly, shaking his head. “I never knew if you accidently found the way to hurt me the worst, or if you actually thought that....after... We didn’t talk for a year....”He said his voice saying there was more to that year of silence, before he moved on. “When some teen reality star mutuants got themselves and a few thousand citizens killed, congress was able to push through the registration act....I stood for it, pushed it through, knew that it was coming anyways, and if I did, I could make it more reasonable, less...hazardous.....I never considered you’d fight me on it. You refused, and started a civil war. It cost me more then I ever considered it could....”

Steve blinked a little and then wrinkled his nose. "New Jersey? yuck." he complained before listening intently. God... all that, that all SUCKED! "fuck. Tony!" he gasped when Tony reached the part about admitting his love and being turned down. how the hell could he do such a thing?! "of course your capable of love! don't be so stupid!" he ordered. "if i could find myself i'd slap me silly!" he informed Tony with a firm nod. not realizing just how feminine that had made him sound. "god... so much..." he whispered, shaking his head. "wasn't there a way to go about it without the registration?" he asked, upset. "they made the Jews register you know. before they started rounding them up..." and suddenly he realized just how similar this new world was to the one he'd left behind when he'd been frozen. "my god America's turned into Nazi Germany." he whispered, sounding sick. "the president is practically Hitler reincarnate...."

“...You are such a girl.”Tony muttered staring at the floor, curling up on himself, not about to admit to the sex now, that would just make this conversation even worse. “....Arrest, prison and execution, a hunting order on sight, if I hadn’t convinced them that the heros were needed, and that shield could wrangle them into behaving and sort of following the rules.”Tony muttered hunching up as he heard steve’s words, drawing in on himself, because this wasn’t anything he hadn’t heard before. It was just harder to hear now, eyes flicking up as he saw the boots entering the edge of his vision, turning away from younger steve to deal with the vision of the one he was seeing. And indeed, the Captain Rogers was there, even if it wasn’t the full technicolor version tony was seeing, it was flickering in and out for steve, and the pure venom that was coming through made it obvious why tony didn’t want to deal with either young or old steve, the venom to be hear even though younger steve was only getting about every other word that steve was saying to the man who’d shared his bed longer and more times then his wife did.

Steve huffed. "i am not!" he complained, sulking a little before grimacing. "oh hell. Tony that really sucks!" he admitted. "it's a good thing you stopped them." he admitted softly. "i'm not too fond of how things turned out but you did your damnedest." he admitted. "you saved lives and that always counts." he admitted before blinking a little at the sudden image of... himself? only older. it was like trying to watch TV in the rain. when he realized that the image, whatever it was, was heckling Tony he felt a rage boil up inside of him. "Hey!" he cocked his arm back and slammed it into the images face, sending it sprawling. "don't you fuck with My tony you pumped up imposter!" Steve snarled, stading in front of Tony, legs wide, dists up, looking very inch the deadly fighter he was.

“It did, and it really hurt....I hadn’t...thought you would choose a side besides mine.”Tony muttered sounding so very hurt and confused, like even though he had known the man, that he couldn’t understand why his captain hadn’t given a little, hadn’t been willing to listen. Shifting he curled up in his chair, pressing his hands to his ears, not wanting to hear, before startling, eyes wide as he heard the two steve’s. “Your tony?You and I both know he’s only good on his knees. Now move, I still have something to say.”The older captain said as he got to his feet, looking only a little startled that he’d been hit. “D-dont. Please!Stop!”Tony said his voice edging into panic.

“Pepper?”Jarvis said interrupting the woman as she worked, he hated doing it, but he was worried enough that he was doing it.

Steve shook his head. "i never, ever should have chosen anyone but you." he admitted before snarling at the fake. "yes, MY Tony!" he snarled, reaching out and picking up a glass that had been sitting at the edge of Tony's desk and hurled it at the imposter, snarling when it only sailed through the head and shattered against the wall. "Filth! Fake! imposter!" he raged. "You are not Me! you are nothing but a illusion! retur to your master!" he ordered imperiously. "you won't have Tony while i'm here!"

Pepper paused and looked up. "Jarvis? what is it?" Pepper asked, her head tilted.

“No, this tony is mine.”The shade snarled even as he flickered.”I’ll be back, Tony. Always. Forever.” Tony whimpered quietly as the imposter left, curling up more in the seat, crying silently, shaking a little. “Go away, go away, goawaygoawaygoaway.”Tony demanded, sounding so anxious and panicked the the words were running together.

“There is a video you need to see. This is current. But there are other instances that have been happening around him all the day, similar to this.”Jarvis said as he drew the live feed of the glass steve had hurtled flying across the room, and poor tony curled up on the couch looking so utterly lost and broken.

"Tony is MINE." Steve snarled, eyes flashing with rage. "and i will be here for him. always. forever." he hissed before turning to Tony, muttering under his breath he gently stroked the man's hair. "shh Tony. shh. it's okay. shh." he whispered, trying to calm the other down.

"....Jarvis call Phil nd have him come up here." she ordered, watching the glass fly across the room before watching a pencil lift up out of Phil's pen cup and then later appear out of thin air, only for Tony to pick it up. handkerchiefs, pencils and coffee cups floated, wrote on their own and moved inexplicably when no one else was around. she hesitated, watching Tony intently. what to do first? comfort Tony or deal with the security threat? "have Phil come up to Tony's rooms." Tony was mre important. she raced up the elevator to Tony, gathering the man in her arms and whispering as may comforting things as she could, wary to give him a narcotic so soon after his new medicine.

Tony whined startling as he was touched, going tense and anxious, moving further away from the touch, utterly lost in trying to figure out what was going on, the one downside of extremis and his psychosis, is when it got going so badly, extremis outheated pretty much, making his mind work to fast and anxiously as he panicked.

“I will.”Jarvis said as he relayed the order to phil, not answering questions, simply telling him to get upstairs. “....Pepper?Pepper, he was here!He touched me, I could feel it. Make it stop!The medicine was supposed to make it stop.”Tony said his panic giving away yo despair as he leaned into her, curling up in her lap as he clung to her.

Steve grimaced a little and pulled away, upset that he couldn't help and relieved to see Pepper. "shh, Tony. i know... Jarvis showed me the video." she admitted. "something is really here. you never touched that glass." she admitted, gently stroking his hair. "it's okay. shh it's okay." she whispered, wrapping her arms around Tony and holding him close. "it's okay. your okay." "Pepper?" Phil asked, stepping into the room. "what is it?" "the Tablet." she ordered, Phil blinking but picking it up. he blinked again and then. "...i know a person." he admitted. "i'll have her come immediately." he promised.

Tony whimpered a little pressing his face into her stomach, shuddering a little. “...I didn’t? You’re sure?”He said sounding worried and upset, because the doctor had been so sure it was just him doing it all. Shuddering a little as he let his wife sooth him, closing his eyes. Stirring a little as he heard phil come in, but for once not freaking out at having someone see him like this. “....No. No more people...”Tony muttered even though he wouldn’t keep the other from calling. Soon enough having cried himself to sleep.

It was nearly morning when Jarvis quietly let them know that their guests had arrived, not sounding quite sure that he wanted to let either of them into the tower. Despite the everyday, worn clothes, the two moved with a lethal grace that said they were combat trained. Leigh Solo gave the brunette a sidelong glance as they stepped into the waiting room, her long black hair tied out of her face, even if her eyes were bouncing around the room, following something only she could see, she was still aware of everything around her, maybe a little more then most actually. “Ward, are you sure about this?”She said, having come as a repayment of a favor she owed him, and while they got along, they didn’t know each other well. having mostly met in passing.

"no, you didn't. Jarvis got a video recording of it. and other instances." she admitted. "there's definitely something here." she admitted, stroking his hair as she let him sob himself to sleep.

Grant Ward was the foremost 'Problem Solver' available to Shield. if someone needed to vanish, he took care of it. if someone needed to die of natural causes, he was the one you asked for. if you needed someone to appear in a specific point at a specific place, alive or dead, he was the man to do it. he even had the best skills in planting evidence, hiding evidence and digging up secrets. "i'm sure. Assistant Director Coulson asked for you specifically." Grant admitted. "something to do with your special skills." he admitted, "since your not one of ours, he asked me if i'd bring you in. and here you are." Grant admitted, stopping in front of the Elevator, waiting for someone to either come get them, or grant them access. it slid open, revealing Phil. "come in. i'm glad you could get here so soon on such short notice. i am Phil Coulson. it's ice to see you again Grant." "sir." Grant nodded to Phil.

“....”Leigh stared at the other man, for once giving him her full attention, before sighing. “I dislike that everyone seems to know what I can do. It’s bad enough James knows. If the other’s know, I’m bound to get that infamous question about the good captain.”She grumbled, complaining simply because she could, and it helped her focus on the here and now. That was the true problem with her gift, it was so strong that at times she couldn’t tell the real world from the otherworld of the dead, so it left her in a constant state of slight confusion. In the two months since steve’s death, she’d avoided anyone who knew her gift and had a connection to the captain, not wanting to be asked to find the captain’s ghost. It was just a little weird. The only person she would have considered doing it for was james, she’d been in the black widow program at one point before james got her out, but even james she’d been avoiding because she hadn’t wanted to tempt him with the possibility. “....I was in New York on business already, and Ward made it obvious I wasn’t being given a choice.”Leigh twitched a little as she tilted her head. “Why did you need me?”she said following the director.

he shrugged. "i don't have a clue what you can do." he admitted. "as far as i i know, only Captain America and Coulson actually knows your skill set." he admitted. "what question about the good captain?" he wondered. "the one where he's gay or the one where he was fucking Tony Stark like a rabbit? because i'm pretty sure both are 'true'." he admitted. "well. it is a bit of an emergency." Phil admitted. "we believe the director is being... haunted." he admitted, offering her the tablet. "he's been having... episodes, where he sees the dead Captain. said captain typically screams and rants at him but a few days ago, Pepper reported that he was having a new delusion. one of a youger captain. then this started happening." he admitted, letting her see the floating pencils the letters appearing on a pad of paper, the coffee cup moving just out of reach every time someone reached for it and the shattering glass. "we'd hoped it was mutant messing with his brain wave patterns but all scans have turned up negative and the only person capable of doing such a thing from a distance is professor Xavier." he admitted. "nothing we have tried has turned anything up, so we where hoping you'd be able to glean some further insight." Phil admitted to her as they stopped at Tony's pent house where Steve was standing, watching Tony silently. he'd driven off three more imposters, each more and more violent than the last. worst had been when Natasha arrived, spitting vicious insults and accusations. but he'd beaten her up. he'd never, ever been able to do that. only lending credence to the fact that she had been a fake.

“...You know, I don’t find it comforting that the world’s best fixer, doesn’t know what I can do and you still asked me to come.”She said slightly disturbed, bouncing a little between moods because she found it hard to focus most of the time before snickering. “hmm, something like that, though I do find it amusing that for a spy, all rumors point to his wife not knowing he’s fucking stark.”She said tilting her head towards phil before frowning as she took the tablet. “True hauntings are rare.”She said. “....Did the captain rant and scream at him before....he died?”She said, because she needed some sense of things, before frowning more. “...He shouldn’t be younger, if it’s really....oxyetb!”The russian curse word was out of her mouth before she could stop it, eyes widening as she watched the video. “True poltergeists are even rarer then hauntings....are you sure it’s not a mutant?”She said looking up frowning, as she stepped into the penthouse and went still, shuddering as she first looked at tony who was nearly catatonic as he curled up on the couch, simply having checked out for the moment and not functioning. Before she focused on Steve....dark blue eyes looking interested, tilting her head a little as she walked closer, a hand out, ready to attack if he moved towards her, but she didn’t think he would. “How are you moving thigns?”She said quietly, for the moment ignoring the others even if she could feel tony watching her.

he shrugged. "wasn't my place to ask." he admitted. "we're friends. kind of. i think. that means i don't go snooping in things you obviously want to keep secrete." he admitted. "well said Grant." Phil agreed, watching them, his lip twitching. "she knew." he admitted. "she bitched about it often enough." he admitted. "yes. Steve was... upset the year before he died. he and Tony often screamed at each other. the only difference here, is Tony's so torn up with guilt, that he doesn't yell back." he admitted before narrowing his eyes at her. "you watch your language." he ordered. "we're sure. we've run every test imaginable and Xavier has already sworn it's not him. the only other person capable of creating illusion AND moving objects is Jean Grey and she's dead." he admitted, blinking when she focused on an empty space. "whoa! can you see me!?" Steve asked, moving cautiously over to her. "your guess is as good as mine." Steve admitted. "no clue." he admitted before pausing. "hold that thought." he ordered before snarling as he went after another image of Natasha, hurling his own abuse at her, chasing her away from Tony. only once the fake Natasha was gone did he return to Leigh. "sorry. these fake... images? keep showing up. i KNOW they're fake because for one thing my accent is wrong." Steve admitted. "i have never, and never will have an accent that sounds a LOT like Loki's. for that matter, since when could i ever take Nat in a fight? they're fake. i KNOW they're fake, but Tony won't listen to me... can't blame him for that though, i really fucked shit up here." he admitted, swallowing thickly. "i abandoned him... i wouldn't listen to me either."

"huh. A spy who values a friends privacy over anything else,rare that."she said looking both startled and amused at the idea."well. Lets see if we can do something about that."Leigh frowned as she watched the video quirkiness a eyebrow at the order."did you watch this and not curse?"she teased a little before sighing."damn....I'd had hoped itd be that...this is just both interesting and disturbing."she muttered before looking at steve."I can.I have a gift for seeing things that aren't there...though you're not quite right either....I'd thought you were a ghost but...you're still alive."she frowned beforewincing as she watched him drive off the fake Natasha,not even aware she was gripping grant's arm to not fall over. Whatever that fake was...it wasn't anything she'd seen before."...do all of them have such obvious flaws? I mean, something that tony himself would know better then to give the fakes?"she said not ready to question him about himself yet,tryin g to figure out how to sAve or at least get tony together again was taking all her attention

he snorted. "only of the people i like." he corrected. "besides your no threat, not to me or Shield anyway, so why bother poking into your past?" he asked with a grin. "i would greatly appreciate it." Phil admitted. "yes, as a matter of fact, i did." Phil admitted. "very interesting, and highly disturbing considering it's driving the Director mad." he pointed out. "...am i alive?" he asked, looking a bit startled. "huh. well that answers one question." he admitted before shrugging at her. he wasn't about to tell her he was from the future. nope. "Leigh...?" Grant asked softly. "what is it?" he asked, stroking her fingers. "i don't know." Steve admitted to her. "so far i've only seen the fake me and the fake Natasha." he admitted. "i'm sure there are others but they haven't shown up yet. whoever, whatever is doing this is confused by me." Steve admitted. "i punched the first one, i can touch them. but anything physical, like glasses ad whatnot, just pass right through them." he admitted. "i don't think they're the same as me, but they're not real ghosts either." Steve admitted, shaking his head. "someone is doing this to Tony and since it's not a mutant, if Phil's theory is correct anyway, then that means it has to be either a god, or Tony's own dormant powers or abilities coming to the forefront. it wouldn't be the first time he's punished himself for shit that wasn't his fault." he admitted, looking very worried. "either explanation could explain why i can touch them but the physical world cannot." he admitted. no matter hoe old he was, or was not, Steve was anything but stupid. both theories had merit.

“Ah, well.”leigh snickered a little at grant’s correction, smirking. “You have no idea if I’m a threat, you barely know me.”She pointed out curious at his rationality that she wasn’t a threat to him before nodding. “How long can he stay out of sight, without anyone worrying where the director is?”She asked glancing at phil before looking at steve. “You are. Not...not in any way I’ve ever seen, but you’re also not in the otherworld yet either....you’re here in the living world, even if it’s weird.”Leigh frowned barely responding to grant’s touch before shuddering a little. “...Weird ghosts...it’s...no wonder he’s catatonic if he’s been seeing this for awhile.”Leigh said moving over to look at tony, crouching down next to him, smiling slightly as he turned to look at her. At least he was still responding to people, even if he just stared and didn’t speak. “...They’re part of your world. Whatever’s different about you, I think is different about them to.”leigh frowned sighing quietly. “Either is possible...they’d have similar symptoms....”Leigh sighed. “...Steve?”Tony whimpered rolling his eyes to look around, trying to see the younger man.

he smirked. "i know enough to know your not a threat to me." he admitted. "a week." Phil admitted. "he often get's an idea in his head and vanishes to his personal lab. so long as i and Pepper cover for him, he has the time to recover." he hoped. "we're already writing up an excuse that he has contracted a bad bout of the Flu to extend that time limit a bit." he admitted. "well. i can't say i'm not surprised by that." Steve admitted to her. "honestly if i didn't fuck everything up i might be inclined to tell you, but i can't risk it." he admitted. "my job here is to protect Tony, to.... fix him?" he mused. "i'm here to save him i guess." he admitted. "which is a task that's near impossible." he admitted with a sigh. "don't tell Tony." he ordered the woman. "i don't think i can help him if he thinks it's because i 'have' to." he admitted, giving Tony a sad look. "so you can see them?" Pepper asked softly. "they aren't just in his imagination like we all thought?" she asked, stroking Tony's hair. "so i can touch them because they're like me?" Steve asked, pondering that before focusing intently on Tony. "i'm here Tony. it's okay, i won't let 'Them' Close." he promised. "i'll protect you."

“Good. If not healing him, I can figure out a way to help him control it.”leigh frowned looking annoyed that she had no idea what was going on. “...Well. Don’t risk it. Whatever it is. I’ll just try and help you do what you need to do.....I wont.Though I doubt it would be the first time he’s heard ‘I had to...’from you. You don’t...seem to be as hard edged and bitter as the Captain I knew.”She said looking curious and vaguely asking the question before nodding as she looked up at Pepper. “I can see Steve, younger....maybe 30? And some of it might be his psychosis, breaking under the strain, but whatever he’s seeing, he’s seeing something for real, even if it’s not every vision he has...”leigh said trying to explain, smiling quietly as tony nuzzled his head into pepper’s hand as his hair was stroked. “Yes, I think so. What’s different about them, is similar to what I feel different about you.”she said before smiling quietly as tony calmed at steve promise. “Kay....gotta stay Cap.”he muttered

Steve nodded. "an help you could give would be appreciated. you want me to see if i can detain the next... thing?" he asked, meaning the fake spectral. "i'm not the captain you knew." Steve admitted. "i am twenty seven. Christmas was in three weeks last i knew." he admitted. "apparently that's when all of this started happening." he admitted. "whether or not that means something i don't know." he admitted. "you here that Tony? your not insane." Pepper admitted with a smile. "....fuck. it's a God." Steve sighed, tipping his head back. "Magic created me." he explained to Leigh. "well, if 'made' is the right word. there's an Asgardian, or maybe an Elf behind this. someone who knows the people who Tony thinks he's killed. someone who spent a lot of time researching him." he admitted. "tell Phil. he'll know how to find out whose doing it. Thor should be able to help too so suggest Phil look into that as well." he suggested to Leigh. "don't worry Tony. i won't leave you." Steve promised, smiling at the other, gently stroking his hair, Pepper gasping as she watched Tony's hair move on it's own. "that's really creepy..." she admitted, Steve chuckling.

“Yes, I do. But don’t let them kill you. I don’t know what it’ll do to you if you get killed when you’re like this.”Leigh said frowning a little, shaking her head. ‘I don’t know if it means anything or not, except that you aren’t the captain he’s used to dealing with.” “...Not insane....yes I am. Screwing my best friend has to be insane...”Tony muttered. “Research, yes. Someone who didn’t know them personally , seeing as there’s mistakes in how they’re being portrayed.”Leigh frowned watching the other’s hair nodding. “Yes, it is.” “...Good. You can’t leave anymore...”

Back
Top Bottom