Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

"Oh yes I used my black magic to seduce you and corrupt you" she laughed and then kissed him just to sort of prove the point. She laughed again after the kiss "and I don't think you have to worry about my uncle retiring here, if he goes anywhere it will be back to Ireland. Trust me on that one" the waitress brought the food over. It looked and smelled amazing. She could tell everything was fresh. She took a bite and loved it "this is good"

The waitress smiled at her job well done before disappearing back into the kitchen to bring more food for the other customers. Noah simply chuckled before trying his own breakfast. It was a hot, hearty breakfast and would keep them going through the day.

"You're right. It's fantastic." The meal was uninterrupted aside from the waitress refilling their drinks. After the meal, Noah payed and slipped his hand into Lily's before leading her away from the restaurant and back out into the market. People were starting to show up in small groups to shop and enjoy themselves. The shop workers were on their game and calling out to people or approaching possible shoppers.

Noah walked her past most of that and towards a much quieter, residential part of the town. Small houses dotted the landscape. Most were clean cut, but of a much homier build than the beach houses. Windows and doors were open and children played outside openly.

"What do you think of here? It's not the beach, but it's more likely to have a place for us." Noah said as they walked along.

Lily finished her meal, it was very good but now she was very full. She couldn't wait to walk around and look at some of the houses that might be available. She followed him through the neighborhood, she did think it was charming but she didn't fall in love with it. "I don't know, it seems a little busier over here. I was thinking the point of having a spot to get away to was just that a get, some where for us to relax, this doesn't seem very relaxing to me"

"No, but it is a bit more convenient with the market nearby. Granted, convenient is not something either of us really need to worry about." What, with the ability to instantaneously transport back and forth, who needed convenience? The small 'suburban' area only lasted a few blocks and soon they were among the few small farms that the island held. Mostly it was people raising grains and chickens. "A bit more remote, but probably not what either of us have in mind." He teased and laughed at the idea of Lily tending crops and chickens. "Come on, the beach front stuff starts just past this. Fishing huts then the vacation homes."

"Well I certainly don't want to vaction here because of convenience. I want this to be a nice little get away where we can more times like last night" she gave him a devilish smile as they kept walking. They past the farmers and she shook her head "I am not raising chickens" she laughed as she followed him towards the vaction homes

"Well, there's not much to the island aside from what we've already seen. I wanted you to get a full view of it before committing to anything." Noah explained. The land around them turned a bit neater as lawns were well kept and the houses began to grow spread out. The non-water front vacation homes were nice, but not exactly what he wanted. He wanted the view. It was a few minutes later that they came upon the beach front properties. Large villas were spread across the beach with plenty of space in between. White sand and blue waves greeted them as the crested the last dune. "This is more our speed, I think." He smiled and surveyed the land below.

As they walked she noticed the homes getting nicer but still not what she had in mind. Suddenly though she started to see what they were looking for. Beautiful homes with breath taking views of the water. She smiled "now this what I was looking for" she looked around again. "So how do we go about finding out which ones are on the market?"

"I assume the ones that are vacant and for sale will be marked as such." Noah said and began to walk with her down the beach. "That or we will have to go through a broker of sorts." The first several houses were obviously taken, but as they moved along the beach, there were several that appeared to be empty and one that had an actual for sale sign posted. Noah raised an eyebrow before nudging Lily towards the house. "Let's check that one out."

Lily looked at the homes as they walked. Clearly most were taken, some even had families with children in them and she kinda of smiled at the idea having children of her own here. As they walked further they did finally notice one that had a signed. It looked like a nice home.

Noah walked with her towards the empty building. It seemed a little smaller than his folk's home, but was rather well put together. He tried the door and it was unlocked. "Let's have a look." He walked on in. The house was two bedrooms, a bathroom, dining room, and kitchen. Most of the rooms had a nice beach view and everything seemed to be newly renovated. "I like it." He said after they had toured the full house. "What do you think?"

Lillian felt a little funny walking but they did leave the house unlocked. She started to explore the house a bit. Her biggest concern was the amount of Windows that allowed for natural light to come through as well of views of the ocean. It seemed her concern was not really a concern as there were plenty of Windows. "I like it but I am afraid I will like anything I see because I am just so excited"

"Well, let's finish our walk." Noah suggested. "If we see anything else, we can compare the two and decide."

There were several more houses along the beach that were for sale. Overall, just four in total. The rest were either full already or vacations homes for the rich. Since they had arrived back at their own place, Noah sat down on the steps leading up into the building and looked out at the water.

"What do you think?" He asked. "I kind of like the first one. It's close to here, but not too close." He smiled. Some distance was good with family sometimes.

Lily walked along with Noah looking at the different houses, she couldn't help but notice they were all sort of cookie-cutter, except they all seem to have a little different view of the ocean. She followed Noah back to his parents vacation home. She sat on the steps next him resting her head on his shoulder. "Yes I think the first one will work out just fine for us, now we just have to buy the place"

"Easy enough, just have to call the realtor and give them a briefcase full of cash." Noah smiled and winked, but he knew that both of them could afford it, "The only problem is, who's name goes on the paperwork?" He winked again. They were tied together for as long as they both lived. Paperwork seemed small in comparison to that. "Seriously, though, we can get the number and call them when we go back. It's not something that has to be done tomorrow. I doubt that the housing market moves quickly here."

Lily smiled she was excited to do this with him. "Alright that sounds good, hopefully the process doesn't take to long" she couldn't believe how easy this all was. She looked at Noah she knew there one matter he should take care of today that was important. "I think I you should go back to the house and get your memories and open them her in the peace and the relaxation of this place"

Noah knew she was right, but there was still a lingering fear about what he would find there. There was no way to get around it. Something there in his memories could be useful to the present and he needed to know where he came from.

"You're right." He agreed. "I've put it off a bit today. I'm not really sure what I"m going to find there." There was still some well-founded anger there. He did not understand why his memories were hidden away. "Do you want me to bring anything back for you?"

She could see he was upset about it. But she also knew her father wouldn't have done it if there wasn't a good reason for it. He needed to know his past no matter how painful. She gave him a hug and a kissed "just you " she smiled at his question trying to be cute so maybe he would t be as stressed

Noah smiled and turned to kiss her cheek and stared out at the water for a long moment. "Alright, I tell you what." He smiled a bit. "Why don't you put something together for dinner and we can eat after I... regain what I've lost."

Noah stood up and pressed another kiss to her lips before walking back down to the beach. "I'll be back soon, love."

There was a short moment as he concentrated on the teleportation before disappearing back to her house to get his memories.

Once he was gone she stood up with a sigh. She hoped all would be ok. She walked back into the house and went to the kitchen she looked around a bit. There wasn't much stuff to make anything and she really didn't want to go the market because wanted to be there when he came back. She knew she could summon anything she wanted so she thought a moment. She decided on making coconut braised chicken with a tropical chutney and salad.

Noah appeared in the sitting room of Lily's house. Quietly, he let his senses expand to make sure that he was alone. He did not expect anyone to meet him here, but he would not allow himself to be caught off guard. When he was sure he was alone, Noah walked through the house towards the library. There, he actually let out a laugh. Sitting on a shelf that had not existed before was a well made oak box. It had been invisible to him until now. Noah fetched the box and fought the need to open it. Instead, he teleported back to the island.

Sand squelched beneath his feet as he walked towards the house. He kicked his sandals off and brushed the sand away before walking in to look for Lily.

"Something in her smells good." He called out and walked into the kitchen. He set the box down on the counter and leaned over it to watch her. "How's it going in here?"

Lily was humming to herself as cooked. She suddenly heard him come back and she smiled and stopped what she was doing. "Everything os going fine just needs to cook for a bit." She glanced over and saw the wooden box and then looked at him. "Is that it?" She looked at the box again it looked so simple but yet held something so powerful.

"Looks that way." Noah sat at the counter top. "It was on a shelf that I do not remember seeing before. Hidden just like he said it was." He tapped it with his finger. "Looks kind of plain doesn't it? Just kind of... normal looking. Like something I would put bits of junk I find in."

Noah lifted it and looked at it. There was a plain latch on the front. "I'm going to open it after dinner. I'm not sure how long it will take to take care of everything and I don't want to miss your cooking."

"I think my father put it in a plan box on purpose just in case it was discovered no one would really think twice about it" she looked at the box again and then shrugged. She then moved to the fridge and got a bottle of wine. She poured to glasses handing one to him. Before going back to the chicken to check on it

Noah accepted the drink and took a sip. He set the box down and walked into the kitchen with Lily. He smiled and watched her check on the food like a professional. When she was done with checking things and not in danger of burning herself, he approached and wrapped an arm around her waist. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to her lips.

"Thank you for being so supportive." He kissed her again. "No matter what I find out tonight, it's not going to change a thing."

It's like he knew she was thinking about that all along. What if it did change things for them. What if the reason his memories were taken was because his parents didn't want to them together. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him back. "I hope not, I love you to much to ever let you go" she gave him a cute little squeeze

Back
Top Bottom