Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

She smiled "I think i trust you more that I trust myself." She laughed a bit. She was excited to see where he had in mind. It would do them both some good to get away for a bit. To relax and do something fun that didn't involve danger

Noah nodded and with a thought, the world of her house faded away around them. While he certainly enjoyed cars and driving, nothing would be able to compete with teleporting where he wanted to go. It was just far to convenient.

The first thing that Noah noticed when they arrived was the warmth. It was far warmer here than it had been at the graveyard. The sky was clear and he could smell the salt on the breeze as it tickled his neck. They were standing on the wrap around deck of a horridly vibrant pink beach house. About fifty feet behind him, clear blue water splashed against white sands.

This was one place that he always felt at home and always felt welcomed. He hoped it would hold that same feeling for Lily.

"Have a look around, what do you think?" He asked. "We can stay here as long as we need. Nobody knows the location aside from myself and my parents. No one will find us here, so we can relax and enjoy the warmth and sandy beach."

She let him take her where ever he wanted. She was suprised to find it was the deck of a beach house. She looked around in awe. She could smell the salty water from the beach not far away here the birds. It was almost like a dream to her. She looked at Noah now who seemed happy to be there. "Noah this is lovely but where are we?"

"Couple hundred miles east of Miami." Noah explained. "Somewhere in the Bahamas. I would have to have a map to show you exactly where we are, but to suffice to say. We are a long way from your house and the troubles."

He released her waist and took her hand. "Let's take a walk, we'll need a few supplies. The house is empty, but there's a market up the road." he looked at her clothes. "You'll need a change of wardrobe to stay comfortable though."

He did not ask permission this time and began to work his magic over her outfit until it resembled something closer to what the people expected to see. A modest bikini top and bottoms. The lower of which were covered in khaki shorts. Her shows were changed to sandals. "Now you will fit right in." he winks before changing his own jeans to shorts. Sandals and a light t-shirt completed the look. "Ready?"

She couldn't believe how far from home they were. But it was nice to be away. She agreed they would need to get stuff to be able to stay here but was shocked when her clothes suddenly changed. Her hand went right away to cover her midriff she had never really worn a bikini even though she had the body to do it, and she certainly would have never worn one to go to the store. When asked if she was ready she nodded her head.

Noah caught her slight reluctance, but did not say anything as he began to lead her away from the house. She was trusting him and he would show her it was okay. The sand crunched and squeaked under their feet as he led her to a path through the reeds. Once they were out of sight of the house, the sand began to turn to hard packed dirt. The walk was much easier than the sand had been.

Ahead, the sounds of a busy market could be heard. Before venturing out to the main area, Noah stopped and drew Lily into his arms. He pressed his lips hungrily against her own. "Just wanted you to know how beautiful you are. That outfits looks rather good on you." he took her hand again in his and began back towards the market. As they crested the hill, a very busy marketplace could be seen. People of all types were haggling and bartering for good. Cloths of all types hung for sale as well as shells and other trinkets.

"There's a phone just over there. Want to give your uncle a quick call to let him know you're okay?"

Lily could feel the sand hitting her toes as and she couldn't help enjoy it. She was enjoying the walk and then suddenly they were at place. It had a certain charm about it that made her smile. She was focused on the market when he kissed her. She kissed him back deeply. She was blushed as he called her beautiful. She looked down at her toes as he mentioned the phone. She looked up "do you mind if I tell him we won't back be back for a few days, not sure I want to head back tonight." She hoped that he liked the idea.

"Of course, a few days away will do is both some good." Noah produced enough coins to cover the call and passed them over to her. "Go ahead. I'll be right here when you finish. Then we can have a look at what the market has for us."

No glanced around. There was plenty of chicken and fish. He hoped she liked those. Everything looked fresh. They would be eating well tonight.

Lily went to the phone after entering all the coins she called her uncle. They were on the phone for few minutes before she hung up and walked over to Noah who was looking around. She smiled "alright all set he is glad we are both ok and he will reach out to the council and try to get some info on Yates." She then leaned in and kissed him "but for now let's not worry about that"

Noah had been going over the stalls in an effort to put a menu together and thought he had a good idea of what he wanted when Lily showed back up. He took her hand in his and led her into the busy market. "I'm glad he's okay with us being away. There's no phone at the beach house. That's the only real connection to the states. cell phones won't quite work I less you want to pay quite a bit more than normal."

Noah paused as he passed a young girl selling seashell necklaces. It was beads went around the necklace and ended at a very pretty seashell.

"Buy a pretty necklace for your pretty lady?" the girl called out. She could not have been more than ten. Behind her, a woman who could only be her mother watched on.

"Well, they certainly are pretty necklaces." Noah agreed. He pulled Lily closer so the girl could see her. "I'll take your prettiest necklace foamy pretty lady." Noah winked at Lily as the girl began to sort through the necklaces she had made.

"Well there are magical ways to get a hold of me if needed." She smiled. She was actually excited to have this mini vacation. She walked him and suddenly a girl came up to with necklaces. she couldn't believe he was going to buy her one, they were pretty.

The girl took a moment to determine which one would be best and finally decided on one with pale beads and a reddish shell at the end. She held it out to Noah who took it and looked it over carefully as if inspecting her work. While she had been looking, he had slipped his hand into his pocket to retrieve his money and kept it hidden. When the girl was watching, he produced the money with a quick flourish. He could not help but smile as her eyes widened at the trick. He handed the bill over.

"Thank you, I think you picked a very pretty necklace. Don't you agree, Lily?" Noah asked as he straightened. He undid the clasp of the necklace and gently draped it over her shoulders before brushing her hair aside and clasping it. The necklace hung a little low, but not so far that it drew eyes straight to her cleavage. He thought it suited her quite well. When the girl came back with hastily counted change, Noah shook his head and sent her back to her mom before taking Lily's hand again. "Shall we continue?" He asked and began to lead her away.

Lily thought it was cute how he did a little trick for the girl she seemed to get a kick out it. She looked at the necklace he had bought for her but suddenly he had put it her. Her hand touched it as they continued their walk. "It's very pretty thank you" she kissed his cheek.

"You're very welcome, Lily." Noah continued through the market. Every so often, he would stop at a table and buy a couple things. Mostly vegetables and spices since they would keep well. His last purchases were a chicken and fresh bread. He carried their supplies in small bags and started back towards the path to the beach house. "Did you see anything you wanted to look at here?" Noah asked Lily as they began to move back through an area they had already been through. He nodded towards an older man that was weaving large blankets with colorful, zig zagging patterns on them. "We should get one of those to use out on the beach. Why don't you pick one out that you like." He suggested and nudged her towards the table while he grabbed a couple packs of water and a six pack of the local beer to have with dinner.

She could tell he already had plans for what he wanted to make for dinner based on his purchases. He was on a mission. When he asked if there was anything wanted to look at she smiled "well there is but sadly I can't do that in the market place, so I am stuck waiting till we get back to the house." She gave a playful wink and smile. as they walked by the basket weaver she looked at all the bright and colorful patterns. She picked out one that she liked.

Noah chuckled as she made her wants clear to him. He would have to take her up on that later. Perhaps under the starlight out on the beach. There would be no one around to spy on them and he thought it might make a nice romantic evening if they could keep the sand away. He considered her thoughts on playing in public and wondered if magic could be used in such a way. His... education... had been mostly set in combat oriented and protection magic. Stuff a guardian had to be proficient in, but he was certain that such magic existed. Perhaps it would do to practice such a thing.

"A very good basket. It will hold anything you need nice and strong." The weaver promised and paused his work to limp towards her. A dark wooden cane helped him along and tapped on the ground as he walked. He peered at Lillian with grey, blind eyes. "You have a good eye for quality, Miss." he spoke softly with a thick Creole accent. Worry lines crossed his face for a moment as his unseeing eyes caught hers and he seemed to look into her soul. He smiled after breaking eye contact. "For you, Miss, that will be $10 for the basket." He leaned in close, "Don't be telling no one that I cut you a deal 'cept for your pwotèktè (protector) friend."

(I assume there are magical people spread around throughout the world. Some are members of a council and some are much more grounded and 'common'. That area is pretty saturated with Voodoo lore anyway. You okay with that?)

(Sounds like a good idea :) )

She got out her money ready to pay when the the man walked up to her. He began to speak and at first didn't think much at first but then he spoke of Noah and he knew what he was. She had heard the term before when a member of the council from New Orleans came to visit. She glanced over her shoulder to Noah then back to the man. "How did you know" she asked quietly

"I may not be able to see anymore." The man spoke softly, "But I see the world in my own way. Your lespri (spirit) is like a beacon of white, warm light in a dark world." He grinned, "I remember that one." The man tilted his head at Noah. "Many years he come through here shining like a torch, but never know what he could do until now." The man smiled a toothless smile and seemed to look into the distance. "Do not worry, child, the darkness that follows you cannot come here. Dey would be foolish to tempt the Voodoo priestess. She does not take kind to a dark spirit coming to her island."

Noah had finished up his purchases and made his way towards Lily and the old man. He stopped short as he grew near and gave the man a long look before shrugging it off and moving near Lily. The man was magical. Powerfully so, but benign and gentle. The magic rolled off like calm waves on a beach. "Have you found a basket that you like, Lily?"

She couldn't believe any of this she had thought she escaped magic for the time being but he knew. But he didn't seem threatening, he wanted to help more than anything. She had questions racing through he mind as Noah came up. she looked sharply at him and then back to the man "yes I found a basket" she then gave the man the money "thank you for the basket sir"

"Of course, Miss." He smiled broadly again, "If you ever needs help on the islands, you come talk to old Antoine. I can be showing you where all the best secrets are." He pocketed the money and pulled a coin from his pocket and set it into her hands. It was a large fifty cent piece, but the usual presidential face had been scratched off and a skull with symbols were etched into it. "For good luck. It is tradition." He smiled again before hobbling away back to his bench where he began to work again.

"Such an odd fellow, but he has always been very kind to me when I come through here." Noah said. He wondered how much of that had been due to his magical nature. "Are you okay, Lily?" Noah asked softly. He could feel that something had set her off, but she did not seem to be too worried about it.

She looked at the coin in her hand now. It did give off a certain magic quality. She heard Noah's voice and she slipped the coin into her pocket before looking at him giving him a little smile. "I am fine. Let's get back to the house so your not stuck carrying all this stuff all day"

"I agree, I still have to cook for tonight." He mock complained and began to walk with her out of the market. The trip back to the beach house was easy and uninterrupted. The house was just as pink as they had left it and nothing seemed to be amiss. Noah let himself in and left the door open for Lily. "Three bedrooms. One bath. The water is pumped up from an underground reservoir." The powerlines that ran to the house were buried well below the sand to ensure that everything looked as pristine as it had before the house had been built. "Not as comfortable as your house, but I'm sure we'll get by just fine." He teased and set about to put the supplies away. Noah used a bit of magic to chill the beer and handed one to Lily before cracking his own open. "There's a linen closet in the hallway. If you can find us a blanket we'll go and eat on the beach tonight."

"Well your such a good cook so you cooking sounds like a good idea to me" she smiled as they entered the beach house. "But I can help you cook if you would like" she set her basket down and looked at the house. She liked it it was cute and simple the perfect get away home. She took the beer having a sip and then went and found the blanket as he had instructed putting into the basket and heading into the kitchen. "I really like the house Noah, how long have you and your parents been coming here"

"I've been coming here for as long as I can remember." Noah admitted. He had already began the chicken in a pan. It would cook a bit while he added vegetables and spices to make a nice spicy medley. It was a good traditional meal that was easy to prepare. He even cracked a beer and poured it into the pan with the chicken. He let what was there boil out before adding more.

"Usually once a year. I've been all over the island, but always seem to find something new and exciting when I'm here." Noah stirred. "I'm glad you like it, it'll be a safe getaway if we ever need it. It's strange, this whole island has always felt welcoming and safe to me."

She smiled a little as he talked about the house and the island. It seemed like a nice way to grow up. "You will have to show me around the island more." She smiled she looked at the food cooking and she was getting hungry. "Maybe when we get. Get back we should invite your parents over to dinner. I mean if you would like that" after speaking with her father today she knew they weren't his biological parents but he still they did love him and raise him and that's all that mattered.

Back
Top Bottom