Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

This Magic Moment [citizenanon, nightsorceress]

"Not your birthright?" Noah asked and moved to stand next to her. "Of course it is, but it won't just let anyone make use of it."

Noah stepped behind Lily and wrapped his arms around her waist. He kissed her cheek softly. "Remember, belief is so important for magic. If you want to know your heritage, then you must believe in yourself like I believe in you. You can do this, Lily. I think so. Your uncle thinks so. Your parents think so. You can do this."

Lily still had some doubt but when he stood behind her she leaned against st him. She drew a soft breath trying to find the belief in herself that so many other people had in her. She closed her eyes and stopped focusing on the book she just kept her mind quiet and still. She tried the book again slowly and it began to open

Noah did not say anything as Lily slowly pulled the book open. He did not look at the pages as they were not his to see, not until she wished to show him. "I knew you could do it, Lily. That's it... Perfect." when the book fell completely open, he pressed his lips to her cheek and gave her a squeeze. "I'm proud of you, Lily. Truly I am."

She felt the book open as she moved and then she heard it hit the table. She opened her eyes and looked down to see it wide open before she smiled a bit. But her smile quickly faded as she felt a surge of power come up through the hands touching the book traveling up her arms and hitting her in the chest like a ton of bricks. She had to let go of the book and collapse back against Noah "that book is to powerful" she said softly

Noah's arms tightened strongly around her slim waist as she pressed back against him. He had not felt the jolt physically, but he had sensed it fully when it shot through her. Noah allowed her to rest against him and breathe for a moment. He glanced down at the book. "Perhaps it's simply too powerful for just one person to handle. If you'll have my help, I think we should attempt it again. Together."

After such a jolt her head felt fuzzy. She leaned against him for a long moment before she was able to focus again. She listen to his words "it would make sense why else would it be such a huge deal for me to have a gaurdian." She turn slightly not leaving his arms "are you ready for this?"

"As ready as I can be." Noah agreed. He gave her a light squeeze and took her hand fully in his so that they would touch the book together and deal with what was to come as a team. Slowly, he inched her hand forward in his until they hovered just over the text of the book. He glanced at her one last time before winking playfully and pressing her hand to the magical tome. His, larger hand, pressed with it forcing the magic to accept both of them.

Lily braced herself for what she feared might happen when they touched the book together. She felt his large hand in hers and then they pressed down on the pages together. She felt the jolt of magic again but this time it didn't knock her back. She was able to stand her ground. She looked down at the pages now that had ancient writing and ancient spells she had no idea what it could mean.

Noah felt the jolt move up his arm, but it seemed to fade by the time that it reached his shoulder. Slowly, the electric feeling dissipated until just the book was left open before them. The script was like none that he had seen before and drawing on what he had learned recently, he still drew a blank. As he stared at the marks on the book, there was a tickling at the back of his brain. Slowly, the script disappeared. Letter by letter, it disappeared from the tome. He knew that if he was feeling this, Lily had to as well. Unsure of what to do and expect, Noah kept their hands pressed firmly against the book as it let its secrets be known to them.

Lily was more deeply connected to the tome than Noah and it began to show her the history of how it came to be. Images flashed through her mind, not making much sense at first but then they started to clear a bit. But it was all to overwhelming for her. She broke away from Noah and moved away from the book "I think I had enough for today" she said softly she couldn't look at him or the book.

When Lily began to pull away from the book, he released her and lifted his hand from the book. When they had released it, the cover of the book snapped closed and the magic that he had felt began to fade a bit as it stayed closed. Noah glanced at Lily.

"Of course, Lily. It's been a heavy kind of day so far hasn't it?" He asked softly. He felt the weight of the day on him and it was almost suffocating. He could not imagine exactly how Lily was feeling. He glanced at her and noted how she seemed to be averting her eyes, but did not comment on it. Noah held out a hand to her. "Let's get on out of here, Lily. I'm thinking a good drive and a drink would do us both a bit of good."

She didn't move her whole body felt like it was dead weight. Images still replayed inside her mind. Images of death, destruction, pure evil all in the name that book. She knew she needed to understand its history and her family connection to it but this was overwhelming.

She struggled to break free from it to stop the images. She lifted her head finally and looked at Noah but she looked different her eyes were completely black. She forced herself to take his hand and almost instantly the images stopped her eyes returned to normal and she felt like she could breath again. It was that moment she realized just how deeply connect her and Noah were. He was her grounding force.

She drew a breath looking at him "we can go or do anything u you want I just want to get away from here"

Noah could see and feel that the book had affected Lillian in ways that he had not been privy too. He looked at her for a long moment in concern and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "I think a drive would do us some good. Windows down, a warm breeze..." He smiled after a moment. "I think I know the perfect place and I bet you've never even been there. Or if you have it's been a long time."

The young magician began to lead his charge away from the book and back towards the door. When they stepped out, it was as if a weight had been lifted from his chest. He had not realized he was feeling it, but in the room was a magical pressure that beared down on him. As he pulled Lily across the threshold, the door slammed closed behind them and simply waited to be reopened. Outside of the magically oppressive room, Noah could feel something on the edge of his consciousness. A feeling that he had since they arrived, but something that was finally coming.

"Lily, we need to go. Now." He directed and began to move quickly towards the exit. Something dark was closing in on them and it would not do to be caught in the catacombs when it arrived.

Lily finally drew a good breath once they were out of the room and away from the book. She felt better stronger than she had. She looked at Noah "alright where do you want to go" but the. She got a puzzled look on her face "what do you mean we need to go now what wrong?" She didn't understand what was happening she didn't see any danger.

"There's something coming." Noah explained without stopping. They moved through the rest of the catacombs and he could see the exit ahead of them. Noah pulled Lily out into the afternoon sunshine, but the rays failed to warm him. His senses were on high alert, warning him of impending danger.

clap, clap, clap

The sound seemed to echo around the cemetary. He turned his head, looking for the source.

clap, clap, clap

"Bravo, you two." A voice called out. "You two managed to do in one afternoon what I was unable to do in a whole night of trying." From behind a large statue a man stepped out. He was tall with thick blonde hair swept back behind his ears. He dressed in an all black suit with a black shirt and tie underneath. Darkness and coldness seemed to radiate from him. "And now with the heir out in public..." He smirked. "I can just take what I need and end her line once and for all."

Lily ran with him as they entered they stepped out on to the cemetery grounds. She heard the clapping and it put her on edge. Out of instinct she went into a fighting stance. Ready to take down who ever was out there.

When he finally made himself known she eyed the man, never seeing him before in her life. "Well I was never in hiding" she smirked a little trying to show she was not afraid of this man "who are you" she demanded

"Arian Yates, at your service." There was a smirk. "I'm not surprised you do not know me. I did not leave any other members of your family alive to tell you." Yates gave a comical bow and spread his arms wide before bringing the left across his chest. Seeing his chance, Noah acted. He threw his hand forward. A spike of pure energy leaped from his hand and spread across the grassy cemetery towards their foe. Yates seemed to sense the incoming magic and stepped to the side... directly into the path of another blast of magic that Noah had summoned. The second attack had been broad. It lacked the piercing nature of the first attack, but it did not lack strength and Yates was driven backwards into a large memorial statue.

Noah reached back to grab Lily so that they could escape. He had never teleported, but he knew he could and with enough magic, could bring Lily with him if she did not fight him on it.

Rage welled up inside her as the cocky SOB took a bow. Proud of killing her family. She probably would have killed him right then and there if Noah didn't already make the first move. She couldn't believe how quickly he reacted. Before she had a chance to do anything Noah drew her to him and they were gone teleported out of there. Once they were back her house she moved away from Noah. "I should go back there and kill him." There was a darkness about her now her voice loud and full of anger.

When the were back on familiar grounds... safe familiar grounds, Noah allowed himself to take a deep breath and calm down. He could feel the absolute hatred and rage rolling off of Lily now and he wanted to help her accmplish her goal, but going back now would be suicide. It would be an ambush waiting to happen.

"You could..." Noah agreed softly. She certainly had that potential and now that she knew that the man had killed some of her family, the chance of real violence was there. "But it would be suicidal at best." Noah stepped closer to her and reached out with his hands to grab her shoulders. "We know his name now. What he looks like." Noah paused for a moment. "Rushing back in now would not do any good. We need to prepare for this fight, not run off half cocked."

Of course, Noah felt the burn of being a hypocrite. He had rushed off to join her when she offered him the chance at real magic.

Lily held her fist tight with anger as he approached her."this is something I have been training for my whole life and after my parents were killed it consumed me." She drew a breath trying to relax knowing Noah was not the enemy here she was just angry. "And now I had my chance to do something and I did nothing, I ran."

"You had a chance, but not the chance to take him on." Noah cautioned gently. "When we fight him, it will be on our terms and we will have every advantage that we can have. If it's a fair fight, that means I'm a piss pour guardian. We will find him. We will fight him. We will avenge your parents." Noah watched her carefully. He could understand her stance on the matter and felt the righteous anger boiling off of her, but he would not allow her to do this. Not yet.

She drew another deep breath trying to focus on his words not her anger. Not her very strong urge to go back there and kick his ass. Something caught her ears more than anything, he kept saying we. "You know you don't have to fight this battle, he is not after you."she dint want anything to happen to Noah

"Of course I don't have to fight this battle, Lily." Noah agreed, "But I am going to be with you every step of the way. We have not known each other for very long, but you are very, very important to me, Lillian. More than I can express in simple words, but you know how I feel." He stepped closer to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "The same feeling that makes you want to keep me from battle is the same feeling that will make sure that I am there with you. I won't try to keep you from doing this, but I will be there with you and here to comfort you and to love you." Noah gave her a genle squeeze and pulled her closer so that he could press his lips against hers in a soft kiss. It was not lusty or a kiss of need, but one of acceptance, of comfort, of love and adoration. Noah broke the kiss and rested his forehead against hers and smiled to himself.

With the hectic emotional roller coaster she had been on through the day, Noah wanted to let her know she did not have to hold it in. She could vent, let it out. Cry, scream, or talk. Anything she needed.

As soon as she felt his arms go around her waist her anger almost completely went away. Her mind focused on his words, her body focused on his touch. Once again he grounded her brought her back to reality. When he kissed her the last bit of anger left her. She looked into his perfect eyes for a long moment. Her hand came up and touched his cheek. Rubbing it gently with her thumb. A small smile cracked on her lips "how do you do that how are you able to have such power over me." She kissed him gently never removing her hand from his cheek. Slowly she broke the kiss "thank you for that"

"I only have what power you let me have, beloved. Thank you for letting me have it." Noah reached up and took the hand that cupped his cheek on his own and kissed it. "Come, we should be away. I know of a good spot to relax and have some fun before we meet your uncle tonight." Noah winked. "You will have to trust me and let me take you with me. Are you ready, Lily?" he knew her answer before she said it, but wanted to hear it.

The destination he had in mind was a warm, sandy beach. Having well off parents occasionally came in handy. If only due to them having an empty beach house with a wonderful view. He knew it to be safe and she could relax there.

Back
Top Bottom