Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

An amazing Adventure (silverknight and the creator)

"Good morning love," he said softly as he looked at her and then smiled, "Well, I was working on my drawing skills, I am passable," he said putting the drawing down as he looked at her, "There was this time when I was young, I got sick and had to stay in my room for like two months with just paper and pencil. I had nothing to do but draw, so I did just that. I think I was way better then, but it still is how things go I guess," he said as he looked at her. "Well now, I must say that things are looking up for today, I think it is going to be a very pretty day, no rain or anything till after we get to the port from what the captain tells me," he explained to Mystique, he was sure that she would want to know that bit of information. "I slept rather well, I hoped that you slept well too. Having you in my arms was so very nice."

"I slept extremely well. That massage was the perfect relaxation technique for me. I feel like I can do anything at all. I enjoy drawing and am very good at it. I had years of practice because I was locked up in my tower room." Mystique spoke warmly. She smiled up at Edward as she put a book mark in her book that she was reading.
"I am glad that the day will be a nice one. The sun feels good. I think that the sun is therapeutic, don't you?"

Bessie woke up and found the fruit sitting near her. With a weary sigh, she took a few grapes. They tasted good so she ate some more before setting out to find Sean. She looked around and found a path through a woods. She followed the path until she came to a black castle. There were two problems. The first was a seemingly deep moat. She saw various strange looking fish in the moat. The second was that the draw bridge was up and no way to cross the moat. She looked around for something to sit on of which there was none. She simply sat down in the grass to wait and see.

Edward looked at her as he knew that things were going well, to well, there luck was sadly not going to last that way, not that he knew it. He heard something suddenly as there was a explosion that happened just on one side of the ship, as he ran to the deck, a catapult had been used to fire at their ship from another one. It seemed as though that they were under attack. The ship was unmarked, as it moved closer to them in the water, it was a good thing that things had happened that got Bessie and Sean away. He ran to his room gathering his sword unable to have time to prepare his armor for the fight ahead.

Aeris and Marvin came out with weapons in hand as they knew that things were about to get troublesome as Xavier moved out of the way, untrained in the arts of war, he would would work to heal those who had gotten hurt in the battle to come. He knew that was his role, to use his healing magic on those who would need to be healed. He couldn't help directly, but he knew that his healing most likely would be needed in the battle ahead as it would be a hard fought fight between them and the other group be it pirates or whatever they were.

The ships hit hard, shaking both of them as men ran across to their ship, men, a lot of them poored over as they attacked, on the deck, the battle was intense and dangerous, people attacking the sailors and the three travelers who fought as best as they could, slowly the sailors were cut down as the pirates were cut down as well, each side losing men as the battle went on. Edward in front of the entrance to the ship protecting it as he cut down endless foes who came at him working to try to cut him down. Marvin not far away as he battled the group on the ship as well, moving toward Edward till the two warriors were back to back fighting, they were pretty much the only ones left as they got closer to the port of destination they were headed too.

Aeris was on the other side of the ship, fighting, letting out her furry on the men, her anger towards Sean let loose on the men as she cut them down man after man, her knifes working though them like they were standing still. Aeris was all furry, but not thinking so clearly as she was normally, her anger getting the better of her as she fought, letting that anger towards Sean show, she showed no mercy. Yet, she also tired herself out quickly. She was hit but one of the men who were on the ship, how knocked the woman out and took her as the rest of the men left the ship, not wanting any more loses with a captive from their attack as well.

Mystique was shocked that they were attacked. Not being battle ready, Mystique went to the cabin and hid her knives in various places and put on a fanny pack. Quickly she tossed in a few first aid items and her sewing kit. She was not battle type person but she could do a few things like taking wounded to Xavier for treatment. She also could carry a few things on her such as bandages to bandage really bad wounds. A few blankets for those who were in shock and what water she could carry.

As Mystique hurried to where Xavier had set up a first aide station, she helped one of the crew there and sat him against the wall, she asked
"Is there something that I can do to help you? I am not useful as a fighter or a healer but I can fetch and carry. I do have a few daggers but prefer not to use them unless I must."

Xavier looked over at Mystique as he nodded his head, "mark them with this," he said handing her two piece of chalk, white if they are alive, and red if they are not alive," he said looking her in the eyes, as he went back to healing, the men were coming in fast, and he was working hard, using his magic skills to keep many of them alive. He was very good as a mage, but he couldn't raise the dead back to live. He worked hard, moving between people as he healed them with magic, using his full magical skills upon them as he touched them, sweat coming down from his forehead as he worked, he had a few dozen to work on, as he moved, going between them with no rest or stop, healing sword cuts, that would turn to scars but would not kill as his magic healed them. As the battled went on, he went over each looking for the marks double checking really quickly and then healing one by one. An hour went by as he healed around 25 men from wounds as he knew 6 of them he couldn't save. He was tired, he massive use of magic was draining even on him. The sounds of the fighting came to an end, about that hour later as he finished with the last ones, there. "Mystique be ready, more will come down from the deck soon. I am sorry, most of them will be dead and we won't be able to safe."

Mystique nodded wearily as she held the chalk in one hand.
"Here take a drink of water. You have lost a lot of water due to perspiration. I'll keep marking them and putting on bandages as I can. Why were we attacked? I just do not understand it? As far as I can tell fighting does nothing but hurt others." she asked as she took a drink from another bottle.

"Most likely they were mercenaries who were after you, or pirates who were after some money," he explained as he looked over at her taking a quick drink of water, as he then returned to work, he saw the the rest were coming down the dead were not being brought down as he saw Edward and then Marvin he knew the fighting was over, Edward had a few scars from the fact he had no armor fighting a cut across his right shoulder was about it as he healed up the king and then healed up Marvin who had a couple of small cuts on him as well. He worked to heal the rest of the men quickly making sure to work fast enough to heal them before they worsened and was able to finish up saving countless lives before he was done, sitting down tired from his long day, his work as tiring as the work of the men who protected the ships. "It seems we are down a member," Marvin said as he looked down at that moment, "Aeris was taken by the pirates, she is gone," he said sadly angry at himself for being unable to again protect his adopted daughter

Mystique sighed wearily as she went and got a bucket of hot water with a scrub brush. She started in one corner and began to scrub her anger on the blood on the deck. She felt like she was a problem and maybe should leave as well. She had overheard that Bessie left as well. She wished that Bessie had taken time to at least leave a note for her.

Bessie meanwhile was walking back to the lighthouse from the castle. She would eat what ever the tome set out. Then it was bedtime and another day which hopefully would not be the same as today.

It didn't help that Aeris was going to tell Mystique about Bessie leaving but being captured before she could tell Bessie about the situation. Xavier went and joined Mystique on the deck as he worked on cleaning up and made sure to give the dead a proper send off to the next life. He noticed Mystique there working, "Princess, a penny for your thoughts," he said as he looked over at her, "I know things have been hard recently for you, but you have to keep pushing, you will break though and you will help all of us, and we will find a better day ahead, I am sure of it. I am sure that Bessie went to go find her brother, she will find him, give him a piece of her mind and I am sure we will see them both again. There was something off about them both and you too, I am not sure what it is but there is something unique about you three, I just wish I could figure out what it is, are you sure you have never been given any training before your powers were sealed away? I know that I felt this when I saw Bessie, then I realized it after Sean left he had this power too, and you do as well, it goes beyond this connection I hear you have, I think you all have some special power that are different but each impressive."

The tome gave her more fruit but this time there were nice shelled nuts as well and some water to go with it for her too. It would take care of her, as it was a good bit of Xavier's magic that he used in the tome, he wanted to help Bessie and make sure she was okay.

Mystique kept scrubbing as she listened to Marvin. She thought about what to say before she spoke.
"Quite honestly, I do not know if we had any training before our powers were sealed. I do not remember everything from that time period. I did find a poem of sorts that had our names on it." she told Marvin.
"I know that there are good times and bad times in life. Bessie does not go out to find her brother. It is Sean that hunts down Bessie. I do not know why Bessie would suddenly hunt down Sean....."

Mystique became quiet once more as if she was in deep thought. If one could read her mind they would see that she was beginning to wonder what her worth was to the group. Or was she more of a liability? Only time would tell.

"Then maybe it is time that you get some training, that you learn to do something and help out, if you want I can work to unseal your powers, it won't be that hard for me to do, it will take a day or so to do, but honestly it will be worth it. I am sure there is a spring of power inside of you that can be worked with, it is hidden like a a river that is dammed up and unable to travel down the riverbank. I am sure it is something that can be helpful and something that will give you a great deal more confidence in yourself, you are a princess and a kind one. Your people love you and you are in control of your wits, that says you are a good one to me. With these natural powers undone who knows maybe you will be able to do more then you can now, but at least we will know, either way," he said looking at her giving her a kind smile.

Mystique looked up at Xavier and smiled.
"Thank you, Xavier . I am reading about how to open blocked channels and I would appreciate some help if you feel that you have time to help me. The book that you gave Edward is a very good book. Easy to read and follow steps. When would you like to help me?"

"You can come by my room and we can start the operation to unlock your skills tonight, it will take all night but you will be free of the curses and limits on your skills," he said as he looked at her. "I know that this is needed, I know that you have some power inside you, I just don't know what it is, once I figure what it is, I can take you on as a student and train you in the arts of whatever it is," he said as he looked at her, "I was going to do the same thing for Bessie but she left and all," he said sadly as he then smiled at Mystique, "Now, this magic, I think it is pretty impressive that you three have, it will help you in endless ways I think , and I think your uncle blocked cause he feared the power you might have," he said with a smile as that was another reason to unlock it by itself.

"He would fear anything or anyone with the potential of having more power than he did. If something was to happen to me, Bessie or Sean, then a signal would be sent up in the skies. He can't inherit the castle for himself but he can rule in my stead until I was 18. Now that I am 18, he can only advise me. Unless I can be some kind of a puppet. I kinda stole one of his journals....." Mystique blushed to a deep red.
"We will need to tell Edward so that he will not worry. Wait a minute! You need to rest for you healed many people today. We can do this in a couple days."

"Of course go and tell him about it, I am sure he will support this, as he wants you to be complete," he said using his words carefully knowing that Edward supported the idea from when he gave him the book in the first place. "Now, we can wait till tomorrow night, if you want to wait, then read the book, go over it, and learn as much as you can, it will help you understand what will happen, it will take hours, and honestly on the boat is the best time as you won't need to move anywhere after it is done," he said as he looked at her, "Now, go tend to that king, he most likely is beating himself up over losing Aeris today, and needs your support as much as you needed his when you lost your friends, but unlike yours, she might have a fate far similar to Bessie then Sean leaving the ship."

"We lost Aeris to them?! Oh good heavens I didn't realize that they captured and took Aeris. Then they most likely mistaken her for me........Poor Aeris. Poor Marvin and Edward....... yes I must go and talk with them!" Mystique ran like the wind to find Marvin and Edward. She did not know what to tell Marvin or Edward but she woul think of something.

Edward was in her room still shirtless as he sat at a table working on a paper a request for an alliance with the leader of the new village, he knew that the war had really already began but was not official, he was no feeling positive about what happened but he couldn't change the fact, he let out a sigh as he knew that he would lose more people in this horrible war, and he had to focus on the big picture at the moment. Marvin on the other hand was in the cargo hold training, working pushing himself a bit much as he let out his anger, he had failed again, and he was not able to protect Aeris from Sean's advances or these pirates, he had failed as father and he had failed as a guardian as well. The man wanted revenge and was going to be ready to kill as many of his new enemies forces no matter the costs.

Inside the enemy ship Aeris was tied up in the hold, a dark cell she couldn't see anything but she knew they were traveling. It was true, they mistaked her for Mystique cause of her being a elf and them only knowing their target was a elf, they would head back to Mystique's uncle with her, to give her as a gift to get paid a tone for capturing the woman. They were confident that they would be paid a ton for the success, still there was talk about enjoying the white haired elf for themselves on the journey but so far nothing had come about from that.

Mystique chose to find Edward for she knew where he was most likely to be at the moment. She went into the bedroom and saw Edward. Quietly Mystique walked up behind Edward and began to massage his shoulders. She notice that he ha new scars from the war.They were healing fine on their own.

Mystique also noticed that Edward's shoulders and neck needed some attention. She began to massage the shoulders and kissed the top of his head.

"I heard that Aeris was captured. I know that you are upset over it but you must remain calm and rational. Leave the irrational things for me to do. I need something to do while you do what ever book work that you have there to do . May I ask what it is that you are trying to write? I might have a few ideas to give you." she spoke warm and with encouragement.

"I guess I understand how you felt when Sean left you, Aeris grew up with me from the time we were both young, I was 11 and she was 8 when we meet and we have known each other the last ten years," he said giving away his age at the same time as 21 since Aeris was 18 at the moment. He sighed as he looked at her, "yes, I need help, I am trying to craft a message of friendship offering an alliance to the leader of this village, I know we will need the alliance to win this war. At least Sean isn't here, I wonder how he would of reacted if he found out she had been captured," he commented out loud. "Now, your right, I have to remain logical, I have others to think of as I reminded you earlier," he said to her as he held her hand, "Now, I will protect you and make sure nothing ever happens to you promise."

"First thing to remember is that I know nothing about making friendship offering and alliance thingys. Secondly, it needs to be written and rewritten. Thirdly, we know nothing about this leader or what kind of manpower or magic power that they have.

Do you have any other friendship offering and alliance papers that you have with anyone? It could give us possible ideas for this one." Mystique spoke softly as she tried to steer the conversation away from a still sensitive subject.

Bessie was in a routine by now. She woke up, ate what the tome provided, walked to the castle to wait until sundown then walked back to the lighthouse to eat whatever the tome provided for her. Day after day Bessie did the same thing over and over.
Finally on day four, Bessie saw the drawbridge down. Sean was on one end with his hands on his hips. It was the pose he took when he was truly angry. Bessie too was extremely angry and ready to do battle herself albeit a verbal one.
Sean began the verbal battle by yelling out to Bessie once she was at the end of the drawbridge.

“HALT! DO NOT STEP ON THE DRAWBRIDGE IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE, BESSIE ANNA MILLER.”

Bessie retorted back with equal force.
“DON’T YOU BE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO OR NOT TO DO, SEAN SEBASTIAN MILLER.”

*a grunt* “JUST WHY ARE YOU STALKING ME?” anger shown through his voice.

“I AM NOTSTALKING YOU. YOU ARE NOT WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT TO STALK YOU SLIMEBALL. I CAME HERE FOR EXPLAINATIONS IF YOU CAN THINK UP ONE.”
Bessie shouted back angrily.
“WHAT EXPLAINATION DO YOU NEED? YOU HAVE XAVIER TO TAKE CARE OF YOU. YOU DO NOT NEED ME NOR DOES ANYONE ELSE ON THAT SHIP.”
Sean spoke heatedly.

“THAT IS NO LONGER TRUE THANKS TO YOU. YOU HAVE A COMMITMENT TO SOMEONE THAT YOU BROKE. WEREN’T YOU TAUGHT TO HONOR YOUR COMMITMENTS OR WAS THAT ONE OF THE THINGS THAT ONLY FEMALES HAD TO DO?" Bessie shouted back.

He looked at her and nodded his head, "Yes, I have a few of them I have done in the past, I shall use them for a guide thank you," he said softly to her as he reached over and found a book of old alliance agreements and read over them one by one as he figured out what to borrow from each of the papers used from before and which ones not to use in the preparation of the of this agreement paper. He should of thought of it before, but he hadn't and he was glad that Mystique was there to remind him of this simple fact, "Now, I have something for your," he said as he handed her a cook book and smiled as he looked over at her, "go try, I want to eat your cooking tonight, if you think that your up to it. nothing in there is hard to make and I am sure that you can pull off cooking any of it, and if it turns out bad, then it is all good."

"I am glad that I was able to help you. Just for you I shall make something good for tonight. Now to go and read for a bit...." Mystique accepted the cookbook with a kiss.
"Thank you for this surprise, my beloved."
She walked over to the bed and sat down. She read the various main dishes and finally decided on making fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas and brownies for dessert. Nothing fancy but it is her first time cooking on her own.

Mystique began mixing up the brownies then peeled the potatoes for the mashed potatoes. Once she had them on to boil, she reread how to do the fried chicken. She had to be very careful with the hot lard which shouldn't be too hard......

An hour and a half later, Mystique was putting the food on the plates. The chicken was slightly darker on one side but not burned. The potatoes were semi smooth and the gravy was lumpy until she strained out the lumps then reheated it. Peas and brownies came out fine. With a plate of brownies in the center of the table and the two plates in their places, Mystique looked over to Edward and spoke

"Edward, are you ready to be my guinea pig? I think I have everything cooked."

Edward worked to write up the letter, it was not the easiest thing to put together as it was worded carefully and in a way that it could be adjusted after he meet the leader of this group of people that they were going to meet. It was important to leave himself room to adjust things to fit the type of agreement that they had much better then it would otherwise. To adjust to the situation and also the things that they were able to adapt to what they could do to help each other in the war that was to come. He sat there for a moment after he was done thinking about Aeris but he knew that he had to focus on the moments head not behind before he walked into the kitchen.

He took a seat and smiled as he heard the comments, "It is fine, I am sure it is not bad," he commented as he looked it over, he could tell it was far from perfect, but for the first time cooking she did a very good job. He ate some chicken to find it decent enough, and then the other foods, "not bad, for a first time you did remarkably well, this isn't the easiest thing to cook either, takes a good amount of work, color me most impressed with your starting skills, love," he said softly as he then ate some more, it was not bad, pretty solid, much better then what many could do cooking after a good while.

"Thank you Edward. I am glad that it is edible even though not the most delicious food. At least nothing was burned beyond recognition." Mystique spoke as she tasted her food.
"How are you coming with that treaty? Well, I hope for I am sure that it will be on your mind until you have it finished. Then it may have to be redone if it is not acceptable to the Queen."

"Well good, I think that it takes time to get good at stuff like this, unless your a natural genius and they don't come around that much," he commented as he looked at her with a happy tone to his voice. "The treaty is done, it is done so that it can be adjusted to fit the situation of what we need from the Queen. It was hard, but honestly I think that the treaty will work, now we will just have to give it to the queen and then talk over the details and figure out what that would look like, but then again we don't even know anything about this place we are going so it is a bit general as reaction to that," he said as he continued to eat before he tried the brownie. "The desert came out rather well, very good even," he said with a warm smile on his face as he commented.

Back
Top Bottom