Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Mei was picking up something in Jana's voice...something that didn't seem like normal Jana. She stopped in her tracks and turned to her partner. Even if she was head of DC Jana would always be her partner. "Are you alright?" Mei asked her in a very concerned tone.

She thought about lying, really. She thought about saying something and laughing it off, but she couldn't. Not when Mei looked at her like that. It hurt, it hurt so much she could barely stand to keep it in. She wondered if it was her fault, if it was something she did. But she knew it wasn't, she wasn't going to force herself to think that wanting to be herself was the wrong thing. It wasn't her fault, it wasn't anyone's fault...it just...shit. She was going to start losing it if she didn't stop thinking about it.

"No," she admitted with a faint smile, arm around Mei's shoulder. "...But it's okay, I have you, that's enough for right now, Mei." she mumbled. "Let's get this dinner going, I'm starving. Your loverboy is probably a nervous mess."

Mei's eyebrows furrowed a bit. She didn't care if she was late to their dinner. Not when Jana was feeling like this. Though she knew the type of person Jana was. "We'll talk about this later. For now though..." Mei wrapped her arms around the girl, pulling her into a hug. She rubbed her back softly, in a comforting way. "Here's this to hold you over. As much as I hate staying at my parents, maybe we can stay over there and have a sleep over or something..." She hadn't done that in years...but something was wrong with Jana and she felt like that might cheer her up.

Jana blinked a little in surprise at her hug, and...that's...when she couldn't hold it in anymore. She clutched Mei like she'd be gone the moment she let go, face buried in her neck. Her shoulders shook, she tried to hold it. But it didn't work, she sniffled heavily. No, she couldn't cry...not now.

"...Okay..." She couldn't say it any louder than that, she didn't know what would happen if she did. She didn't want to break down sobbing in a hallway. She had to do this for Mei.

Mei petted the back of her head and then eventually let her go. "Come on, Jana. Let's go find Adam and maybe making fun of him will cheer you up." She gave her a small smile in attempts to let her know she was joking. She was definitely getting better at that..showing emotion after she told a joke. She remembered where Adam was temporarily staying and she walked Jana over to his room. Hopefully he was still there.

"...Yeah," Jana smiled faintly, wiping her eyes a moment as she followed after. Mei was...really improving for the better, wasn't she? Either way, when Mei knocked on the door, Adam jumped about four feet.

"J...Just a second!" he said, shutting doors and shelves and...Jana arched a brow at that, crossing her arms. Was the poor guy that frayed...?

"Adam? It's me. Are you okay in there?" Mei asked as she waited on the other end of the door. She did have that extra key she could use to get in, but..that was only for business purposes. She waited for Adam to open the door, and she looked up at him. "..You're not mad at me are you?" She asked him softly, even though he looked more flustered than angry. She had to make this up to him somehow.

"...What?" Adam blinked, quickly adjusting his shirt. Wow, Adam cleaned up quite handsomely...a nice white shirt, a pair of kahkis did him well. "No, not at all! I just...I wasn't expecting this so soon, that's all." he assured, taking her hands with a smile. "Really...I'm not mad, just caught off guard. But I am starving."

Oh, but he was nervous...Jana glanced at him up and down, but said nothing. She'd give him credit for keeping a brave face, though. He was about to get tossed into the fire.

"Oh, good. Even still, I'm really sorry about this. My father blackmailed me into it. So just think of this as work...if we don't do this we don't get our temporary building while they work on rebuilding our old site." Mei pasued for a moment and looked him up and down. "You look very handsome." Mei said with a smile as she squeezed his hands, though a light blush came across her face. Not the best way to start off their relationship, at least in her opinion but...she couldn't do much.

"I'd...kind of like to think of this as part of our relationship, Mei." Adam replied instead. Mei really needed to work on her tact, Jana noted. Poor guy was all excited about this and Mei was still high and tight. "You know, like a date?"

"Which sounds better than thinking it's for work and not pleasure," Jana added in with a smile. "But if you don't want to think it's a date, Mei, I'll take him."

"...Thank you for your support, Jana," Adam said dryly. Well, it was helping...in it's own, Jana-esque way.

"A..date? With so many people around?" Mei asked, though hearing Jana volunteer to "take him" made her slowly turn and give that "Are you kidding me" look. She cleared her throat and shrugged. "That's fine, just...well we shouldn't do anything inappropriate while we're there." As if she really needed to tell Adam that..

As they walked out of the building, Mei called them a cab. All three of them could fit in the back, and Mei was pressed tightly between Adam and Jana. She was playing with those long locks of brown hair she had, though it was clear she was nervous. Very, very nervous.

"...Mei," Jana said idly. "...You remember how to breathe? You know, in and out? Lungs?" she said, playfully smacking her hands away. "Stop it, you're fine. Both of you are fine, if I'm the only calm one here, you guys are in trouble."

"...She does have a bit of a point," Adam smiled faintly. But having someone relaxed helped him relax, but he...wasn't quite sure how Jana would do with this stuff. Then again, his only interactions with Jana were thinly veiled -but harmless- flirtations about his manhood. "Besides...is it...so bad that this is like a date?" Adam asked. "...We are together, right?"

They didn't know her parents like she did, though she felt like she owed Adam enough to not be a downer right now. Not when her father was going to ruin their "date". "No...no it's not bad. I've been wanting to spend time with you for a while outside of DC, but...well I expected us to be alone?" They wouldn't be able to kiss or do anything really while she was at her parents. Ugh..she could already see how her mother and father would react. Not to mention Jana would be Jana and...now she was blushing madly.

She just wanted to be alone with Adam right now.

"Mei, I know what privacy is," Jana smirked. "I'll behave, I promise...I don't want to ruin this for you, if you guys want some time alone, just tell me. I can amuse myself."

"Everything will be fine," Adam promised, leaning forward to kiss her cheek. "I'll make it fine, if I have to."

Mei felt his lips against her cheek and she felt a little bit better. Though it was still embarrassing because Jana was right there. "Don't do that in front of my parents, and everything will be fine." She said before giving her hair one final rake with her hands as the cab stopped in front of her house. 6:55..at least they were on time.

Adam gave a faint little sigh of frustration, Jana noted it...but said nothing as they stepped out. Jana blinked a little in surprise, glancing up at the...mansion.

"...Whoa," Jana mumbled. They were in one of the ritziest neighborhoods in Blue, holy shit. Talk about living good.

"...That's a word for it," Adam admitted, swallowing tightly. All he saw was a giant castle of nerves, and Mei wasn't helping...

A house, with four floors, five if you counted the basement. A separate guest house and parking garage...to anyone else it would have been extravagant. To Mei, it was normal. She walked down the driveway, her heels clicking against the concrete as she led them both up the large, carpeted and marble stairs that led to the double doors. The detail in the oak was to be admired. Before she could even knock, the door opened and Alaric stood there. "Thank you for being on time. Your mother just put everything out with the help of Aimee."

"She's still here? I thought for sure she would have quit working for you two by now. You must pay her better than you did before." Mei said as she opened the other door since her father was just standing there. Alaric ignored his daughters remarks about her mothers assistant and looked at Adam. Well...he had been staring since the first moment he saw the boy. So this was her daughters boyfriend? At least he knew how to dress for a nice occasion.

"You must be Adam," Alaric stuck his hand out for Adam to shake. "I'm Alaric Wolfe. It's a pleasure to meet my daughter's boyfriend, finally. I've heard you two have been seeing each other for quite sometime, and you just became official today."

The man really knew the student gossip somehow...since Mei had never told him anything about Adam. Ever.

"...Yes," Adam said, giving him a firm handshake. "It's been a busy past month or so, Mr. Wolfe. It's nice to finally meet you." Okay, he could do this...totally do this. Jana was still looking at the entire house. She...wasn't quite sure she had ever been anywhere around a house this nice, up close. It was insane, people actually liked living in such huge houses?

"Very busy indeed." If the outside of the house looked extravagant, the inside would look even more so. The sound of Mei's heels were now bouncing off the walls in such a large common area. Art hung on the walls, there was even a fountain in the middle of the room. Alaric took off his suite jacket and folded it up as a woman with short, silver hair and blue eyes walked in and took it for him.

"Mei! It's so nice to finally see you again! You were so tiny when I last saw you, now you're taller than Miss Megumi!" The woman said and then looked at Jana and Adam. "Your friends?" Before Mei could even answer, Alaric butted in.

"That one is her boyfriend." He said as he walked further into the house, and Aimee's eyes went wide. She opened her mouth but Mei raised her hand. Oh my god, they were all so annoying.

"It's nice to see you but we don't have time to be standing around. Jana and Adam are hungry. We can talk later." She then followed her father into the dining area. Another large room, with a rediculously large table that could sit at least sixteen people. Though her mother was not in sight yet, the table was filled with all kinds of dishes. The tableware looked like fine china...expensive looking. Alaric took a seat at the head of the table and started getting ready to be served as Aimee hurried in after them.

"Wow..." Jana murmured, glancing around in surprise as she admired the spread. Adam didn't say anything, simply rubbing his forehead a moment. Heh, well...now he knew where Mei got her blunt attitude from. This was going to be a task to deal with, wasn't it? At least for Jana's sake, she could stare at the hot maid and be happy...so many attractive people, she loved being shallow enough to ignore her own problems.

"Quite the place you've got here, Mr. Wolfe." Jana complimented, sitting down.

"I wanted something a little smaller, but sadly my love for architecture, fine arts, and decor made me realize that wherever I lived, I'd have to go big." Alaric grinned at Jana and then his eyes returned to Adam. "Are you nervous, Mr. Osei? Don't be. You make my Pumpkin happy, and as long as you do that, you're more than welcome here." Mei started rubbing her temple. He was doing it. The subtle threatening. Oh, and that stupid nickname.

"Father..." She began as Aimee served the head of the house first and then went on to make Mei her plate. Alaric let out a deep throaty laugh. Oh man, he really was doing this on purpose.

Jana didn't say anything, and neither did Adam. What could he say? He knew a threat when he heard one, this must be new for everyone.

"I do my best," Adam murmured. "With or without your approval, sir." Jana grinned just a little, elbow resting on the table. Go Adam, he did have a spine somewhere.

Mei's eyes flashed from Adam to her father. He was staring him down for a moment before grinning. "Is that right?" He asked, an amused look in his eye. Well, that was one test that Adam had passed.

"Mei! My little Pumpkin Pie! You came after all!" A voice called out from up the stairs. And if things couldn't get any worse....here her mother was, hurrying down and joining them finally after being a bit late. "I'm so sorry, I had to make sure I looked my best for Adam." She told her as she wedged herself between her and Adam, leaning over to hug her. Mei groaned before Megumi released her and then turned to look at Adam. "Oh, he's much more handsome than I thought he'd be. What a cutie, Mei! Oh, and who's this? Jana? Nice to meet you both." Megumi said with a kind smile, though her hand found it's way on Adam's shoulder. "I hope you two enjoy the food...it's a mix of western and eastern dishes...but help yourselves!" Mei was Megumi's spitting image, other than being slightly taller and having her fathers eye color. And when they were so close to each other it was hard to ignore.

"Megumi, manners." Alaric reminded her. She was way too friendly at times.

"It's uh...nice to meet you, Ma'am." Adam said after a moment. Don't blush, don't blush. Radiant didn't even begin to cover it, and...shapely. That was the polite term for it. If this was how Mei would be growing up, wow. She was beautiful now.

"I see Mei's parents are horrible gossips," Jana smirked. "Prying secrets out of people, Mrs.Wolfe?"

"Gossip? Me? No, no, no." Megumi trailed her hand down Adam's shoulder and then went to sit across from Mei. Aimee had serve them all, a little bit of everything. She then disappeared, she'd eat later. "It's Alaric who is the gossip. He likes to listen and come back and tell me things. I don't get out of the house much anymore. Sadly gossip is the only way we ever know what our daughter is doing..." She gave Mei a hurt expression, but Mei just started to eat, opting for the fork instead of the chop sticks that were set out.

"Speaking of gossip," Alaric began as he paused eating. "If you two didn't know, Mei's birthday is coming up soon, in three months. She was born on Halloween. So do something nice for her. It's been years since she's had friends to celebrate with. First year she'll have a boyfriend, too. I'm sure you'll still be around right, Adam?" Another jab. Mei was going to die.

"Of course he will be! He's definitely in love with our little girl. He's not going anywhere...and neither is our Pumpkin because I can definitely tell she loves him too!"

"Just..shoot me." Mei muttered under her breath. She really hated that nickname, all because she was born on stupid Halloween.

Back
Top Bottom