Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Jana watched him get up, but moved over to turn him around. She looked at his face a moment, red eyes narrowed before sighing. "...Justin," she mumbled. "You've got your own problems, okay? I've got mine...that doesn't mean I'm not going to be around, I promise." she said, giving him a hug. She wasn't sure who needed consoling more, him or her. "I promise, this isn't the last time you'll see me." she repeated, rubbing his back.

"I'm still here, and I'm still your friend."

It would have been nice if running away could work in this situation, but of course it didn't. The first girl he ever loved...stomping his heart and then saying she'd be his friend still. Yeah, sounds about right. This sounded like karma, what he did to Remy. "..Yeah." Justin said as he looked away from her. "Well, I guess I'll see you around, Jana." Emotionless voice. Justin just couldn't bring himself to feel anything right now...

Jana sighed faintly, arms crossing in annoyance. What did he want her to say? He refused to accept her for who she was, and yet he was playing the drama card? Ugh. Fine.

"...Whatever," Jana said, moving to get dressed. She needed to get back to Mei, anyway. Keep her updated, now that she had more time, she supposed it was a good thing, she could help. She didn't care anymore if he didn't. She wasn't going to waste her heart getting squeezed to death. Pain that lingers is a pain worth remembering, pain that is forgotten is best not remembered at all. And she wanted to remember this, remember everything about it. She wouldn't let Justin's sour mood make her forget the good parts.

She was out the door without another word, stuffing her hands stubbornly in her pockets. She felt like crying, or hitting something. Hitting something sounded much better. She was a little storm-cloud of misery all the way to North. Her spirit was brightened somewhat by the sight of more people, it looks like they were starting to mov-holy shit, who was that god of a man talking to Mei? She hadn't seen that doctor before!

Curious-and more than a little eager to focus on something else-, she headed to where Mei was...she didn't look incredibly happy, either. Handsome didn't even begin to cut it. Wow.

"I'm just saying, Mei...I'm still your father and I'd like to meet this boy. Your mother also has been asking for me to bring you home non stop. I understand that you have new responsibilities, but the least you can do is visit us after everything we're doing to make sure you have a place to operate." The man in the dark business suit was a foot taller than Mei, and it was truly looking as if she were being scolded. Mei just folded her arms and looked away.

"Everything you're doing. Mother is not doing anything. It's one thing if you want to guilt trip me into visiting father...but I'm not going to make Adam do anything he doesn't want to do." She growled before seeing his eyes look over her head to the blonde haired girl that was walking up to Mei. She turned and saw Jana and tilted her head to the side. "Jana...we're have you been? I had a lot of..willing volunteers today but I didn't see you, Justin, or Remy." She pointed out.

"Jana? This is your partner, Mei? She's definitely not what I expected." The man stuck his hand out none the less, his green eyes lit up with kindness. "My name is Alaric Wolfe. Nice to meet you, Jana. I've heard a lot about you from Mei." And by a lot, Mei just mentioned her to him in passing. Which meant she cared deeply for the girl.

"Everything good, I hope," Jana smiled easily, shaking his hand. This was the worst time to not have a bra, or the best time. Depending on how you looked at it. Woo, that smile could melt her panties. This was definitely something she needed, so she could ignore it and sob in a corner somewhere later. "They'll be around," Jana said after staring at Mei's father a little bit longer. "Just had some things to take care of, that's all." she said. "So, where we headed?"

"Father was about to take me to see the temporary building we're going to be using for Central...but he got distracted talking about irrelevant things." Mei glared up at her father, who decided he had enough of being bossed around by his daughter. As much as he loved her, he wouldn't be disrespected, especially in front of her friends.

"Mei, the matter of who you are dating is not irrelevant. It's a concern of your parents. And you will be bringing him over for dinner by the end of the week. No excuses. If you don't, I'm not going to close this deal and you'll have to figure out what to do about Central yourself. Do you understand young lady?" His gaze was just as piercing if not more than Mei's, and she had to look away from it.

"F-fine.." The nerve of him! He wasn't just punishing her but every single person in DC. Ugh, she really hated dealing with her father..

"...Is that what this is about?" Jana said, brow raised. Oh boy, best friend to the rescue. "Well, there's no need to be so harsh, Mr. Wofle. Adam's a great guy, one of the smartest we have! You'll love him. Very intelligent, well mannered...he and Mei are a perfect fit." she smiled easily. "I'm confident you'll like him, in fact. Adam is nothing short of a perfect gentleman." She would know, she had dealt with some really scummy guys.

Woo, that glance...from Mei it scary? From a guy? Was it running down her leg?

Alaric looked at Jana, his stern glance disappearing. He reached down and patted her head, something that Mei had always found patronizing. "I have no doubt that he is a good kid. But you have to understand, as a father I need to see him myself. His grades are definitely perfect, my only concern is his abilities. At his age, I was A full rank ahead of him." Seems like prodigies ran in the family. He didn't seem to understand that not everyone was a freak like him and his daughter. "I'm only harsh with my daughter when she gets stubborn. Jana, if you'd like to come to dinner with us, you're more than welcome."

"If Mei would like me to, I would be honored." She smiled politely, giving a little bow. "Thank you, Mister Wolfe." Oh, Jana knew when to lay it on when she had to. "I promise that you will find Adam and I to be the most courteous of guests."

Mei looked at Jana with a raised eyebrow. Right now she was the prim and proper girl? That was strange, but..she would probably feel much more comfortable with Jana there. Adam too. "Yeah, whatever." She growled and then texted Adam. If they were going to do this, they might as well do it as soon as possible.

Free for dinner?

"I'm sure you two will be. Especially you, young lady." Alaric gave her another smile, though it was fatherly. He was definitely regarding her as a kid, even if Jana was legal.

"Thank you, sir," Jana smiled. "Should I wear more, or less?"

...Shit, did that slip out?

Sure, what time? Where at? Adam texted back curiously. He was currently helping with Damien and Kuki to figure out the best way to get things going, they had to go to Central to see if any of the computers survived...fat chance of that, but...

"Well...it's cold tonight. More would probably be appropriate, and Megumi and Mei prefer it when I leave the heat off. So, you might want to dress warmer." Alaric handled her little slip of a tongue like it meant nothing to him. A true, professional Gentlemen.

7PM. Parents house. 1784 Marriot Ct. Don't be late. Mei texted back before looking up to her father. "We can look at the building tomorrow. Let's get this dinner over with. Jana..I've got some spare clothes at the house if you do get cold.."

Damn, he played hardball. "I have plenty of good clothes, Mei," she sniffed. "Honestly..." What, she didn't think she'd dress like she normally did around her parents, right?

...Would her father like that?

"Honestly what..?" Mei asked her stiffly before her father cleared his throat.

"She's fine in what she has. I remember now, her element is fire. Just like me at her age. She should be fine. If we're doing this dinner thing now, we need to hurry home. Let your mother know she's cooking for more than two tonight." Alaric said before he started walking. "I'll give you both a ride."

"Just text her." Mei told him. Honestly...he could run a bunch of businesses but the thought of a phone made him cringe..

"We'll find our way, sir," Jana smiled, arm around Mei's shoulders. "We'll be there on time, promise. I'll drag Adam if I have to." Ooh boy...was she going to be the third wheel? Well, that'll be awesome for her self-esteem...why not kick it while it's down?

"We..will?" Mei asked Jana before pulling her arm off her shoulders. No, she did not want to see her fathers smug looking face. She did not want to hear his congratulations speech just because she had a friend after all these years.

"..Suit yourself. Mei, what time will you all be there?" He asked his daughter.

"...Seven." She told him, and with that, he nodded and gave them a wink.

"See you then." He walked off, leaving the two girls alone. Mei gave an exasperated sigh as she rubbed her temples. This night was going to go horrible.

"You never told me your dad was hot," Jana said with a sigh, fanning herself. "Paging Doctor Sexy...woo...so what's the problem, Mei? Isn't it a good thing your parents want to meet him?"

"Jana!" Mei seemed absolutely livid at her comment. Her father? Hot? Those two words didn't belong in the same sentence. "He is the most overbearing, conceited, controlling man I have ever met...and the minute he gets to speak to Adam he will take the opportunity to rip him to shreds. I know he will...and my mother...she'll be the opposite. She'll think Adam is the sweetest angel just because he's my first boyfriend. She'll treat him like the son she never had, and my mother..." Ugh..her mother was awful...

"Look, just get ready so we can go find Adam, okay? He never texted me, so I assume he's not happy that I just told my father that he'd be coming over..."

"I think it's the opposite, Mei," Jana smiled, heading off to get dressed into something a little more proper. What she had left of clothes, anyway. Adam was probably sweating buckets trying to figure out what the hell to do.
--

Very accurate, actually...if Adam knew what Jana had said anyway. He had been a half functioning mess ever since the last text. They...they were meeting the parents already? So soon? Oh man, was this...was this more serious than he thought already!? He had to get ready, he had to find the best possible clothes that he could get, and he had to make a good impression. Damien glanced at Kuki curiously as Adam quickly scurried away to his temporary room, Kuki simply shrugged.

What in the hell had gotten into him...?

Mei followed Jana to wherever she had been staying. Mei had her own room, thanks to her father. But she had insisted on being with Jana..and he refused. Something about not needing any distractions from getting a proper sleep. Since she was working around the clock to get things organized and all. "So...how did you get a bunch of red students to help us out? A particular couple really didn't seem to happy about it. Did you threaten them or something, Jana?"

"Mei, come on...you did teach me one thing about being diplomatic," she said, slipping off her tank-top to fit on a proper bra before rummaging through the closet. "I didn't threaten everyone, I just threatened one person and introduced him to a table." she smiled, slipping on a much nicer t-shirt. It wasn't super fancy, but it hugged her curves in a more modest way. Something that didn't scream that she had huge boobs.

"Domino Effect, you know?" she grinned at her, holding up a pair of jeans and a skirt, "Which one?" she said, swapping between the two. "Something that shows off my butt...or my legs?"

Okay, so she actually did something to one person which threatened everyone else. Eh, she could live with that. She sighed and then leaned her back against the wall. "Why does it matter? It's just my family, and Adam. You don't need to show off anything." She told Jana, tapping her fingers against her arm. Hopefully she still wasn't thinking about her father in such a perverted way. Her father looked just like her...Well, except a foot taller and much, much bigger, and he was a man.

"You're no help," Jana sighed, deciding on the jeans. "I want to make a good impression on your parents, even if you don't talk to them a lot. Friends worry about that kind of thing." And she had something to shove all of her energy into after...well, yeah. That thing she wasn't going to bring up right now. This was Best Friend mode, not Jana mode. That would come later.

"Well, neither of them care what you show off, really." Mei said as she slid on her jeans. Mei was of course in her usual attire of a long, black ruffled dress, heeled boots, and blouse with a black bow running through her hair. Though she had a feeling her mother would say something about it to her. She had been wearing the same style of clothing for almost six years now.

"Ready? Let's go find Adam now." Mei said as she began walking towards the door.

"Yup," Jana said, following after. "Looking forward to getting all this started again," she said, glancing around. "I'll have plenty of time to help you, too." Because the idiot she had feelings for couldn't understand who she was, so now she just felt like a disgusting slut. Awesome, she could cry over that with dinner.

Back
Top Bottom