Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Kitten could have moved, but she didn't. Not when she noticed that they were at the very edge of the ring, which she could work to her advantage. She gritted her teeth as Jana's fist hit her square in the jaw, and even she had to admit Jana's punches were no joke. However, she didn't let her opening go to waste, side stepping behind her with speed that Mei could barely follow. She ducked down to wrap her arms around Jana's waist from behind and her grip tightened like a vice. "I'll show you what Cat taught me!" She growled before lifting Jana clear off her feet and sending them both flying backwards in a suplex. Her back hit the edge of the ring, and Jana...well...she wouldn't be so lucky.

Jana barely saw her, and felt the weight shift as she was lifted up...and slammed right outside the ring with a heavy grunt, everyone got a wonderful view of Jana's panties before she slumped to the ground, clutching her head. "Owowowowow..." she hissed, rubbing her head faintly. Holy shit, when could Kitten do THAT!? She won, no doubt about it, but jeez, how was she supposed to expect that petite little thing to lift her like that?

"That girl is remarkable," Mel chuckled. "I swear, if she actually wanted to fight, we'd be in a hot mess of trouble."

"Haha, I taught her that!" Catalina proudly shouted out above them. Even if she lost her match, at least she helped Kitten win hers!

Kitten rose to her feet and gave Jana and apologetic smile before reaching her hand out. "I'm sorry about that, you kind of gave me no choice." She disregarded the cheers of the crowd. "You're amazing."

"Here I was hoping I'd be fighting my girlfriend in the semi finals." Eva sighed dramatically before shaking her head. "Bad match ups all around, I suppose."

"Well, I wasn't expecting you to suplex me," Jana grinned, hoisting herself up. "Sorry about the clothes, I uh...kinda figured I wouldn't be able to win if I fought fair," she grinned sheepishly. "I thought you said you weren't going to fight? You barely acted rusty!"

"That's because I'm not.." Kitten was eager to walk out of the arena, she probably would have ran out if she hadn't wanted to stay to make sure Jana was okay. "I still train to keep myself in form, for instances like this. I know what this tournament is really about...and I want Mei to continue to be the leader of DC. I could never let it fall back into the hands of the Kishi's. I know that...Shi and Zhao weren't exactly the good guys, but...they had a point about the way DC used to be run. I won't let it go back to that." Kitten murmured. Truth be told, she did still care about those two and hopefully one day they would come to their senses. They had saved her and cared for her, after all.

"Well, glad you're on our side now, Kitten," Jana grinned, am around her neck. "C'mon, let's get you out of the limelight, okay?" she teased. "Looks like I made you a bit more popular, sorry about that, honey."
--
In the realm of Turugan people, it was hard to really stand out...Manzen, however...stood out like a sore thumb. Much like Komoku usually did, with his natural height and simply imposing way of standing. Manzen was no different, even if his...daughter was a little bit of a wasp that shifted through the crowds, graceful like her mother...they simply shifted out of the way for him, he supposed he looked strange, not many were shirtless and even less had a traditional hakama on with a properly set daisho.

"Mei, hey! Mei!" Masami called faintly, frowning. She didn't know why Mei was down here, but...whatever, it made it easier to get to her as Manzen's eyes settled on Mel and Megumi. Such lovely women in Turuga these days...

"Masami," Mei had just wished Eva good luck before she left, she didn't know why. After all, they were enemies, yet nothing felt further than truth. Komoku had taken care of Aiden, so at least half the threat was gone. "Manzen, too. Are you both here to see Komoku's fight? You came a little early, Eva is next."

Megumi went to greet Masami, her future daughter in law. But before she could even get the words out, her eyes glanced over to Manzen and she had to do a once over. Him being shirtless wasn't helping, he was hot and the way he looked at her and Mel so openly? It just made her even more excited. Excited enough to elbow Mel...she knew she'd be able to appreciate some eye candy when it was around! "Masami, long time no see! Who's this handsome man with you?" She wasted no time asking, and Mei already had a bad feeling about it.

"This is my father," Masami smiled proudly. "Manzen. This is Jana and Mei's mother, Father." she introduced in Japanese as Mel let her eyes roam over him. Reminded her of Komoku alright, handsome, full of trouble...the sort of guy that Megumi liked before she married her stick in the mud husband, and...okay, maybe she did too. He was a handsome, rough looking guy. Kind of guy that made Turugan girls all weak at the knees.

"I see that the mother is as beautiful as the daughter, if not more so." Manzen said politely, giving a polite bow. "It is an honor, your daughter is an impressive girl at her age."

Father? Since when had Komoku and Masami's father existed? Regardless, Megumi only gave him a flirty laugh. "You're a sweetheart. You have quite the impressive children yourself! Masami and Komoku are wonderful, and I'm glad to include them into our family." Megumi was ignoring Mei's stare, because she knew exactly what her daughter was thinking. She never really told her that it was probably over between her and her father, maybe it was better if she toned it down a bit...

Eva was lucky that Kitten made a mess of things in the ring because she had enough time to talk to her girlfriend while they cleaned it up. "Nice fight, really dirty..." She told Jana as she and Kitten exited the arena. "I'm sorry, you probably would have one if I gave you a kiss for good luck."

"You flatter me, this is entirely their doing, not my own," Manzen admitted. "I am here only by concidence, I'm afraid...but I am...glad that Masami is so interested to learn about me." Komoku...was another matter entirely.

"Have you seen Komoku?" Masami asked Mei. "I've been looking for him all day."
--
"Probably not," Jana grinned, arms crossed. "Kitten's a real fighter, I doubt I would have won that even if I had an advantage, she's pretty crafty...which means me, you be careful, okay?" she said pointedly.

"No, I haven't. Not since this morning, I assume he's off warming up. He had to take a break while he was recovering from his fight with Aiden, so..." Mei shrugged a little. "I see you've been learning Japanese, have you been asking Adam for lessons?" She smiled a bit. He was the only one she knew of that knew Japanese other than herself and her cousin.

"Me? When am I not careful?" Eva was beaming proudly. She had a proper meal and was training all week. She was confident in herself, she wouldn't lose!

"Eva Kishi," Kitten muttered, soft enough that Eva almost didn't hear. "If you do win against your opponent, and we end up getting matched, I will not go easy on you. DC belongs to Mei, not the Kishi's." Kitten didn't wait for an answer, she stalked off immediately after.

"..She doesn't seem to like me very much." Eva was fine with that. She was used to that, even. Still, it kind of ruined her mood...for some strange reason.

"Well, yes," Masami admitted shyly, cheeks slightly red. "I'm not very good just yet...but I wanted to see if I could talk to him more, you know? I know Komoku isn't happy with him being around, but...I want to be able to know my father, at least."

"Aw, that's sweet," Mel said, eyes roaming down Manzen curiously. "...Is your father single?"

"...Uh, I...I don't know?" Masami said awkwardly, finally coming to the understanding of that increasingly awkward air filtering between the adults...

--
"No," Jana smiled. "But don't take it personally, it's a long story..." she said, arms looping around her neck. "Now, be careful." she grinned, shifting closer to press their bodies together. "I don't want to play nurse, you know how cranky I get when people don't listen." Win or lose, she'd probably be fine. For all of Eva's complaining and whining, she was about as durable as her brother, just noisier.

"Are you single, Manzen?" Megumi asked in Japanese, which Mei could fully understand and she shot her mother a glare. "What? I was asking for Mel!"

"You two are unbelievable..." Mei muttered, shaking her head. "Do you want to go see if we can find Komoku, Masami?"

"I'll be fine," Eva said passively, although she was enjoying the contact. She pressed her lips against Jana's without even asking. It was deep and passionate, and after she was sure she got her girlfriend a little hot under the collar she drew back. "I can't lose now. I think they're just about ready, so I'll see you after my fight, okay?"

"I am...not with anyone, no." Manzen said curiously, brow raised as he straightened himself out, just a little.

"Please," Masami said, glancing at the three of them warily. "...Can I trust them alone, Mei?"
--
"Good luck," Jana smiled, tongue brushing over her lips with a faint exhale. Suppose it was cliche to think that Eva got her hot under the collar? Oh well, she'd go with it anyway. She'd find a spot and watch the mess unfold.

"Uhh, probably. They're in public after all." Mei tried to reassure Masami, but truthfully, she didn't know. Her mother had always been a flirt, so she probably shouldn't take it too seriously. "Anyways, it's probably best if Komoku didn't see Manzen before his fight anyway. He'll be cranky."

"We'll look after him. Don't worry." Megumi tried to assure Masami, but she couldn't hide that devious look on her face.

Eva smiled and then hurried off into the ring. She didn't see her opponent approaching them both from behind. By the time she was out of earshot, the mysterious black haired girl decided to approach Jana.

"Is that your girlfriend?" Yoko asked with a polite, warm smile. It seemed genuine enough, although there was something about the way she gazed after Eva that seemed rather strange.

"Hmph, I guess so," Masami huffed, cheeks puffed out in frustration. Honestly, her brother was being a stubborn mule about all this! Was it so wrong to at least know their parents for a damn change? Ugh! He was so frustrating to deal with, even with Mei's help! "You behave," Masami said sharply to her father, who nodded carefully as she glanced at the two women politely. He somehow had a feeling that he wasn't the one who had to get that lesson...
--
Jana glanced at her curiously, feeling her heckles rise against her neck. "She is," she mumbled, not that she liked answering as she watched her head to the ring.

Megumi only waved to them as Mei took Masami to look for Komoku. She probably should have been more interested in the next fight, but she was okay with either outcome of the fight. If Eva lost, then Mina would leave her alone finally...but if she won, at least an unknown threat would be eliminated. "I'm sure they'll be fine..." Mei gave Masami a smile. "They're not going to do anything with a bunch of people around."

"Good," Yoko purred as she walked passed Jana, flipping her hair over her shoulder. Her smile only darkened at her confirmation. "Then I will make this next fight, a fight that Turuga will never forget. What you did to Ren...was unforgivable." Before Jana could respond, she was already out of sight and in the arena.

Eva only greeted Yoko with a haughty smirk. "Pretty smile, I hope you'll still have it by the time the match is over." She grinned as she drew her two swords. She didn't know who this chick was, but at least it would be interesting since they both had weapons.

"You won't be conscious enough to see by the time our fight comes to an end." Yoko's smile widened. "Or maybe...I should leave you conscious, so you can experience all the humiliation of your defeat."

"...Are you sure?" Masami said warily, glancing at them one last time as she followed after. Well, what...what could possibly happen, really?
--
"...Ren?" Jana mumbled faintly, arms crossing a moment. Nothing was ever easy here anymore, was it? Just question after question after question, ugh. She didn't like this, one bit. But Eva'd be okay, she had faith in that at least. She hoped.

...She really hoped.

"Don't worry about it, Masami." Mei tried to assure, heading towards the entrance of the arena. Maybe he'd be there, waiting for his next fight? Instead she saw Jana and she waved to her. "Hey, have you seen Komoku?" Mei asked her, although she noticed that she had a look of concern on her face. "Is everything alright?"

Eva found her threat amusing. Some nobody girl acting all tough wasn't anything she wasn't used to. Well, if she had so much confidence in herself, than Eva wouldn't even start her warm up. She'd just get right into it! In one instant, she was on one end of the ring. The next, she was in front of Yoko, both her swords swinging in low. Yoko moved to the side in one fluid movement, looking down at Eva with a smug expression. That only made Eva even more excited. The fire around her blades roared to life in reaction to her emotions as she gracefully side stepped and swung her blade again, this time sending a torrent of fire her way. If she could dodge that, than this would be a fun fight!

"Tch," Yoko drew her sword and with one single swipe, she actually cut through Eva's blast, dispersing the fire and sending a gust of wind her way. The smile on Yoko's face was gone, and she seemed highly irritated. "Why don't you fight me for real now?"

She had to admit...she was not expecting someone to just..cut through her attack. She felt wind, but she didn't actually sense anything from this woman. That was strange. "Sorry," Eva said nonetheless, the smile on her face remaining. "I like to warm up before my fights. I guess I'll try for real this time."

"Huh?" Jana said, glancing at Mei. "No, sorry...I haven't see him," she said, glancing at Masami. "Why? What's up?"" It kind of worried her that Eva actually had to try, but she supposed that it worried Eva when Jana had to try too. Still, something felt weird...she had learned to trust her gut, too. Maybe it was nothing, maybe it was something? Who knew, she'd just feel paranoid until it was over.

"I was hoping I'd get him to talk to Dad again," Masami grumbled. "But the fucking grump is nowhere to be found, he's probably sulking somewhere about how much our parents suck."

"I'm going to just send him a text, I really can't think of where he might be.." Mei told Masami, but her eyes were still on Jana. Was she actually worried about Eva? That was strange...but she knew that look. "I'm sure Eva will do great." She told Jana with a small smile after she pulled out her phone. She then proceeded to text her boyfriend. He had been kind of moody since he had met his dad, so Masami probably wasn't too far off.

Your fight is soon, where are you?

It wasn't every day that Eva met someone who could slice clear through her attacks, but that didn't stop her from continuing to hurl bursts of fire at her opponent while she closed in like a predator. Her swords clashed against Yoko's, the fire licking at the girls face dangerously. It was like meeting with a brick wall honestly, she didn't even budge an inch despite Eva putting a reasonable amount of force into both her swings.

Nonetheless, it didn't stop Eva from pulling her offhanded Katana away from her opponent whilst keeping her strong hand against the other blade. In one fluid movement, she changed the angle of her sword and shoved it forward, aiming directly for her stomach. Yoko pulled back just in time to avoid the strike, which didn't really surprise Eva in the least. She was at a disadvantage with only one weapon, after all.

"That would have seriously wounded me. I see you don't play around." Yoko commented idly as she settled back into her stance with a cold, menacing smirk. "Good. I don't have to tell you to come at me like your life depends on it then..."

"Big talk for someone who's just been on the defensive this whole time!" Eva was already behind Yoko...she didn't have anything special about her speed. She was just reading her movements well. All Eva had to do was be a little unpredictable! She raised both her flaming katana's and cut downward, feeling them hit something solid. She grinned wildly, but when she looked up, a puzzled frown settled on her face. What the..? She knew she hit her, yet her back was completely untouched. Her fire didn't even scorch her? Did she dodge without her seeing it?

"As I was saying..." Yoko began before she used the hilt of her sword to strike Eva brutally while she was still stunned. The sound of the blow was deafening and before Eva knew it she was spinning across the arena. "Come at me like your life depends on it."

Eva stabbed her katana's in the ground to keep herself from sliding out of the ring..but her vision was taking a little while to come back to her. She cursed angrily as she suddenly felt something warm and wet dripping from the side of her skull. It had been...a long time since she was hit like that. "Well shit," Eva muttered as she slowly got to her feet. "Here I was hoping I could have some fun, but if that's how it's going to be..."

Places. I'll be there on time, why? Komoku texted back, you could almost feel the sulking from the message alone. He didn't like his father, or his family...or anything relating to it, and that's why he had made himself scarce. He didn't 'want to get to know him', and Masami had been an irritating brat about the entire thing. Why did they need to know about them? They had done fine on their own until now? Did he not do a good enough job keeping her safe, and she just wanted to see who was better?

Whatever, he just didn't want to see him and that was that. He was more than happy with never seeing him again.
--

Jana didn't respond, because she was too busy watching the fight with her brow furrowed. Something about what she said earlier bothered her, who was she talking about? "Mei," Jana murmured. "Can you have Adam look up someone named Ren?"

Eva's smile was no more, and if her brother had been watching, or any other person that knew Eva before she left Turuga, they'd know that was a bad thing. Her eyes were now focused, and there was a rage that was barely contained in her eyes. She didn't expect to have to get so serious against any other opponent other than Mei, but it didn't matter. She would not be made a fool of by some new nobody that had never been seen before the tournament started.

The atmosphere was filled with tension as Yoko stared Eva down, waiting for her to make her next move. She had never come at her once since the match began, so she'd just have to force her to. Sizzling could be heard as smoke rose from Eva's feet, her energy pooling around her as if being barely contained by her flesh. The flames around her swords increased exponentially, torrenting around the metal and waiting to be released. "Twin Dragon Roar." Eva muttered simply before the fire shot towards Yoko like a rocket. If she tried to cut through this attack, she would die.

Yoko's eyes narrowed slightly, as she had little room to move out of the way. The blast was fanning out, it was not a move she could simply side step. She went the only direction she could, which was up. However, Eva had predicted she would and was already on top of her with both swords right above her head. "Meteor slam!" She shouted as she sent both blades crashing down at Yoko, who raised her own katana just in time to block. As soon as their swords met, another burst of fire came from Eva's blades and sent Yoko flying back to the ground. Her body hit the arena hard enough to break the tile, but the attack wasn't over. The flames were still persisting from Eva as she descended after her, roaring in fury.

She landed hard enough to destroy most of the tile underneath her, and lots of dust and debris clouded her sight. However, she knew that Yoko had escaped her hail of flames somehow. Damn it, how the hell did she do that?! Her eyes looked around furiously for any sign of her opponent, and when the dust finally settled she spotted her. Not a single hair out of place...but there were places where her clothes were burned slightly. What the hell..?!

"Impressive, you've ruined my clothes." Yoko said with a small grin. "However, there's nothing inherently special about you. You, like your girlfriend, are weak and depend on your element to win your battles. You must be strong with it...and without. Like my dear friend, Ren. Otherwise, you're just worthless trash. I don't need my sword for this." Yoko slid her sword back into its sheathe slowly, her lips parting widely to show a set of white canines.

That...only infuriated Eva more.

"Ren? Uhh, sure..." Mei had only been catching glimpses of what was happening between Yoko and Eva, and so far she couldn't discern who had the advantage. Eva seemed much faster than Yoko was, but Yoko had been somehow blocking or avoiding everything that Eva dished out to her and coming out of it with minimal damage.

She sent out another text to Adam asking if he could look up anyone by the name of Ren, then she turned to Masami. "Komoku won't tell me where he is, but he says he'll be here."

"Ugh, typical," Masami grunted as Jana watched the fight silently, leaning against the wall. Something about that style of fighting reminded her of something, but she just couldn't quite place her finger on it. Maybe she was just imagining things. She wished she could say she felt worried for Eva, but she sort of wasn't...she knew how durable she was, even if she dealt with problems like a charging bull into a brick wall, she'd be fine. What worried her was the new girl, what was she getting at?

"Come on, then...I know a few places we can look." Ugh, why did he have to be such an ass?
--

Well, these kids were really putting on a show, weren't they? She almost didn't believe Shizuka when she said that the kids were fighting it out for who had the right to lead DC, Turuga never really changed, even if someone that wasn't a Kishi was in charge. Hard to say if it was for the better or not, but that's not why she was here. She slid her hands into her jacket pockets, shifting her way up the stands. She had learned a lot in the past few hours when talking to the right people, Mina Kishi had been busy...making her kids part of her dirty little scheme, and setting a trap for own boy to fall for, which as far as she knew, he hadn't.

It was an odd feeling, really. Satsu had never cared to be pregnant once, let alone twice. She had always figured that bitch of a man she had the misfortune of being attracted to would bleed his heart out to that old man Rokujo and keep the kids somewhere, supposed it didn't matter much now. What did matter was that Mina Kishi thought she could just control every little move in the house of cards that she had, and she was going to ruin every floor.

But she wasn't going to do it her usual way, oh no. Satsu knew who Mina had curled around her finger, and she was sauntering along the stands to find just the woman to talk to, the mother of Mei Wolfe. Even better was the unsurprising appearance of that scarred slab of muscle, her idiot ex-lover. Oh, this was going to be far too easy...Manzen was too much of a good hearted puppy dog to let this injustice go unpunished. He always was some old fashioned fool, no matter how much of a rabid animal he acted like.

Eva was done with talking, she was already charging in with nothing but acid in her stomach. She didn't appear to have any intent on using her element, and it was probably a trap that she was now proposing to fight her without her weapons. Still, she charged in with only one purpose, to stick her swords clean through the woman before her who kept making her out to be a fool. She lifted up her blades and drove them down in anger...and she hit her target and hear the sound of her blade cracking.

The crowd went silent, and Eva just stood their dumbfounded. She had cut through the material of her clothing, but after that...it was like she hit metal! Was she wearing armor?

Yoko's hand shot out and grabbed her katana, causing her to snap out of whatever stupor she was in. "It's cracked...without it...are you powerless?" She asked Eva before suddenly snapping her blade like a twig. Eva's eyes went wide before she let go of her katana and moved back with her wakizashi. She stared down at it to make sure it had not sustained any damage. "I see...your left hand is considerably weaker than your right, otherwise it would have suffered the same fate." The woman said in a bored tone as she threw the broken blade away casually. There was red, just a tiny bit. Eva could see the faint line on her hand before it returned to her side.

"Who..the hell are you?" Eva demanded lowly. Whoever she was, she wasn't from Turuga. There was no one in Turuga that could do this, she was sure of it.

Yoko only took on her fighting stance...the first time she had done so since they started the match. Eva swallowed hard and sheathed her short sword. It seemed like she could be cut...but she didn't want to break both of her blades. She would have to play her little game...and this time she was on the defensive.

Megumi was watching the fight quietly, because she could tell that Eva's opponent was no ordinary one. However, she wasn't enamored enough with the fight to not sense Satsu approaching her. She turned around, only to meet her gaze. Something about this woman was familiar, but she couldn't quite place it.

Still, she smiled at her nonetheless. "Nice top." She complimented casually. She had a feeling that she was more than just passing through...since she had been lingering for a little while. Did she have business with her?

"Jana..are you going to be okay?" Mei asked quietly before she left with Masami. She wasn't quite sure how good Eva was hand to hand, but...there was just a look in Jana's eyes that she had never seen before and it worried her.

Back
Top Bottom