Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

'Uh huh," Jana smirked, cracking her knuckles. "Don't want to make your loverboy sad, do you?" she teased, moving forward casually. "Don't worry, I'll make it a fun show for him," she said, eyes glinting mischievously. If she could be even remotely honest with herself, there was no way that Jana could win this fair, she'd have to be...creative.

Kitten really wasn't sure by what she meant, but she settled into a relaxed fighting stance. Perhaps she looked like she was filled with openings, but there was something about her expression that made them false. She would let Jana attack first, she wasn't really sure how to approach her right now.

Jana took the opening with a remarkable glee, her hands a wreath of fire as she moved in with a flurry of fists. She knew Kitten well enough...she'd just have to find the proper opening!

For every punch Jana through out, Kitten blocked. The fire did nothing but fizzle off her skin, although that was to be expected considering they wielded similar elements. Why wasn't she drawing her swords? Was it because she was unarmed? Maybe she was overthinking things, as she often did..

Mei had decided to sit in the stands for this fight, mostly because she knew her mother and Mel would be there. Also because she wanted to watch this up close. She couldn't tell if Kitten had kept up with her training, but this fight she'd find out.

Nothing Jana did was going to go through, but that didn't stop her from putting in an effort. Of course, she wasn't expecting anything to go through either, she knew the hook would be blocked, but she dropped down and spun in a wide sweep, fire roaring across the ground, kicking up wind.
-

"Hey girlie," Mel grinned when they moved through the stands, unsurprisingly, Megumi was with her...as she often was anymore. "You coming to join the peasantry today?" she said, giving her a hug from behind. "Where's your boy?"

Kitten seemed genuinely surprised when she suddenly ducked low, but that didn't stop her body from reacting before her mind could. She dodged with a backflip, the fire licking at her steel toed boots. It seemed to be getting hotter, maybe she should try to attack now? She was sure it would be okay if she did. As soon as she hit the ground she launched herself at Jana, sending an overhead punch her way aimed directly at the ground.

"I just wanted to see up close, that's all. I haven't seen Komoku since this morning," Mei answered as Megumi moved to hug her daughter tightly. Mei couldn't help but smile. "Hey mom, you look well."

"Wish I could say the same for you, dear. You looked so worried. You should be enjoying this fight! Jana is in top form today!" Megumi commented as she turned back to the fight.

Jana rose up to block, and boy...did it hurt, but it was worth it to block with her forearm and move close, letting out a burst of flame that...harmlessly, sizzled across her now exposed, toned stomach.

"Whoopsie," Jana said innocently.
--
"Yeah, what's got you all out of sorts?" Mel grinned. Well, guess her daughter was fighting smart, not hard...what was with these kids and getting naked for fights? Well, she knew that reason, actually...

Kitten grimaced faintly when she realized half her shirt was gone after that last attack. It was only when she started hearing cat calls from the crowd that she became embarrassed. "Jana...could you please try not to burn my clothes of?" Kitten timidly asked, as her cheeks burned furiously. Poor girl, she really did believe it was an accident.

"I'm just...doing what I always do and worrying about everything." Mei said with a small smile. She really didn't want to talk about it to her mother and Mel, that would just make things worse, wouldn't it? Also, what was Jana doing? She was being dirty, wasn't she?

"Well you need to stop before you get grey hairs at twenty." Megumi scolded. "That Kitten girl is so shy, she couldn't have gotten a worse opponent."

"Sorry, sorry," Jana grinned, taking the opportunity to weave out. "Fire, you know? It happens! I just figured Sejae'd like a nice view of a sweaty workout," she grinned, letting her fingers ripple with flames. Now that look in her eyes made all kinds of sense. Maybe if she could keep the distance from Kitten, she could find a good way to move in. But it was a plan if anything! She moved forward, letting the flames cover her advance as she drew one of her swords to swing downward.
--

"What's there to worry about, hun?" Mel asked curiously. "You sure everything is okay?"

Kitten was frustrated at that answer, especially when Jana just seemed to turn up the heat. It didn't matter, she had to move into action. She kicked Jana's blade to the side with one swift movement of her leg, using it to pivot into another higher kick to launch another attack. She was getting hot, but that was it...why was she wasting her energy like that?

"Well, it's stuff people tell me not to worry about, so it's nothing. Everything is okay." Mei insisted. "Jana just told me to enjoy her fight, so that's what I'm doing."

Jana weaved out of the way with an easy breath, bringing her own foot up in a brilliant roundhouse. "Woo! You've not lost your touch, sweetie!" she complimented happily. Not that her upward swing was anything more than another diversionary move. It was unreal just how natural Kitten could block just about everything, like Jana was punching a brick wall. And she was competitive! So hopefully, Kitten would forgive her for playing dirty.
--

"She's really come onto her own since she took more responsibility," Mel smiled. "You've really had an impression on her, if you would have told me a year ago she'd be doing stuff like this, plus helping you run DC? I'd laugh in your face," she chuckled.

Kitten brought up her forearm to block her kick, wincing slightly. "I'm still in practice, for things like this." She said with a half smile before shifting her arm and grabbing her leg. Yes, she continued training despite not wanting to fight any longer. Because she wanted to help Sejae, and Mei, and all of them for helping her think for herself. She wanted to win this for Mei to make up for hurting her so badly. She used her strength to toss Jana towards the edge of the ring. She would rather throw her out, than have to beat her up.

"I'm not sure what I did, but I'm glad that I changed her for the better." Without even trying, she tried to at the beginning but eventually she accepted she couldn't change who Jana was...only Jana could do that. "I'm just glad that she's still my friend."

Jana yelped in surprise, oh crap! She went hurling toward the edge of the ring as she spun in the air to correct herself, sinking her fingers into the tiles as she stopped halfway to the edge, her feet dangling over. Not out! But close. "Phew..." Jana sighed, forehead resting against the tiles. "Alright then, Kitten...if you're gonna play for keeps, I suppose I should too." Jana decided with a grin, rising up as she smoothly drew both of her swords with a spin of her wrists. "I'm going to show you a secret technique! Pay attention, because I'm only going to do this once!"
--

"...What in the world is she talking about now?" Mel huffed. What secret technique? She didn't teach her any secret techniques!

"Secret..technique?" Kitten muttered as she settled back into her fighting stance. Whatever it was, she would be ready.

"She's obviously going to do something really cool." Eva's voice was right behind them, and Mei turned to glance at her. Where had she been? "What? I was here the whole time, just had to go to the concession and get some lunch before my fight."

"You bet," Jana grinned, sauntering forward with her katana dragging along the ground, letting of a line of fire that looked like a fuel line that had set flames. "I spent a lot of time on this one, so try to appreciate it, got it?" she said, crossing her blades together a moment before forming a circle. To be fair, the flames were impressively bright, the edges flickering blue. Mel titled her head curiously at that.

"Nensho..." she said with a practiced, even breath before she surged forward through the ring of fire. It was an impressive, powerful looking display that ended in a large, cross shaped slash that sent out a massive roar of flames. "Nūdo-ha!". The display was brilliant, but anyone with even the faintest sense of energy could tell, those flames were remarkably weak for the display.

Mel's face went from curious to disappointing in a second flat, hand covering her face with a faint groan. Jana...you spent all that time, all that effort for that!?

Kitten threw up her hands to block accordingly, her own energy moving to protect her from the blast. When it as over, she seemed slightly confused...and that was when it started. That was when the crowd when wild and she realized that she was completely naked. She just stood there, dumbfounded.

"Poor Kitten..." Mei muttered with a shake of her head as Eva started busting out in laughter.

"...What a creative name." Megumi commented with a slightly amused smile. She was interested in what Kitten would do now, with no clothes.

Kitten immediately went into fetal position, and suddenly, the tiles underneath her began to crack and melt as lava exploded underneath her body, rising in the air. It didn't go towards Jana, instead it just created a cocoon around the naked girl, and eventually it hardened into rock. Was she hiding?

Jana blew the smoke off her blades with a triumphant smirk. "Sorry, Kitten...this is a tournament, after all, I can't be losing! I have DC to think about," she said, moving closer. Hm, now this was a challenge too...just what was she doing here...? Maybe she could...move it?

Sejae sighed, scratching his head faintly as Dujae burst from laughter-which was properly ended by a smack upside the back of his head- Sejae always was a poor sport about Kitten, really! She should know better. She was going to be a quiet mess over this, but maybe it'd be good for her to...well, no. Probably not.

"I swear, that girl," Mel grumbled. "Jana! Stop playing around and just finish it! You've already embarrassed that girl to the ground!"

"Hey! Whose fighting here, Mom!? Me or you!?" she huffed. She knew she couldn't win fair!

Kitten couldn't hide forever, even if she never wanted to come out. Jana was so mean...now everyone knew what she looked like naked. This was probably what she wanted...for her to give up because she was too embarrassed to fight. As much as she wanted Sejae to come get her, she needed to finish this. She couldn't let something like this stop her from helping the way she wanted to.

All she needed was that minute of hiding to figure out what she needed to do.

A loud thud was heard coming from inside the rock, and suddenly it all came crumbling down. In the middle of the rubble was Kitten, her face more determined than ever. She wasn't naked any longer, she had used her lava to give herself an armor of sorts. Just enough to cover her naughty places so she wouldn't get slowed down.

"You can't melt rock, Jana...so now it's my turn." Kitten hissed.

"...She made her mad. Jana's going to get it now." Mei said with a shake of her head.

"Alright, that's what I like to see!" Jana grinned. Fuck, her plan backfired horribly. Even so, she wasn't backing down. "Come on, no turning back now! Let's do this!" She was scared, and excited, at the same time. If she could hold her own against Kitten, even for a little bit, maybe she was better than she thought!

For the first time, Kitten seemed sure of herself which was why she moved to attack. She was fast...faster than what Mei remembered. She was already in Jana's face, sending a furious kick to her midsection. Her shin was covered in cooled lava too, so it would hurt if she didn't move!

Jana barely had the time to block, her skin sizzling as she weaved with the kick, her forearm red and aggravated. She knew how to play things hot too, her eyes alight with joy as she sheathed her blades in an even motion, retaliating with a strike to the neck. God, how long had it been since Jana could feel like she could let loose? Too long, it was bringing back wonderful memories!
--
"Only Jana would have fun with something like this," Mel sighed. That girl was going to give her more grey hairs than aging, honestly...why was she just charging head on!?

Kitten used her palm to block the strike instead of moving away, catching her fist. In that same second, she pulled her close into a vicious headbutt, gritting her teeth when their skulls met.

Mei could hear the sound of their heads slamming together from here, and she winced. She knew Jana was enjoying herself, but she couldn't help but get nervous for her in that very moment.

Jana jerked her head back with a pained grunt, before she reared it right back and slammed it into her forehead again like some stubborn bull, nostrils flared and everything. "Ooh, now we're firey," Jana smirked. "That all you got, Kitten?"

Kitten hissed in pain when Jana just headbutted her back, but that gave her all the motivation she needed to stop holding herself back. Jana was tough, and she was enjoying this. It was only fair for her to go all out! "Not even close, Jana!" Kitten said with a smirk before winding her fist back and putting all her strength into her right hook. She could go all out...they wouldn't get mad if she did. This was fun for them, and it was...kind of fun for her too!

Jana weaved back...barely, the speed and heat from the fist alone made the skin on her nose go red as retaliated, leaning in to deck her across the face as hard as she could. Jana wouldn't let the looks fool her, Kitten was a tiger, and she could take hits like Komoku could, maybe better. She didn't like thinking about that, but...she was gonna give this her all!

Back
Top Bottom