Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Mei just shook her head and then released his cheeks, letting her arms fall to her sides. "Just think of it this way, the healthier you are the harder we're going to do it." A playful smile appeared on her lips as she looked up at him for a moment before going back to the patio door and going back inside.

"...Good call," Komoku grinned eagerly, moving back inside. Well, that was a motivator!
--

He didn't want to call Kokoro, but it wasn't because he didn't want to see her...no, it was nothing like that. He just knew it'd go back up to their parents, and god knows how that'd go. He took one glance at Sophie's smiling, supportive face and sighed, scratching his neck.

"...Suppose I better call her," he mumbled, dialing the number. He doubted this would go over well.

Kokoro was enjoying her day off at home with Adam..and for good reason too. They had a lot to do when the tournament was over...that was something she wasn't looking forward to. But it was their job. It had been a long time since the students combat data records were updated, and they needed to do that. But for now, a relaxing day watching movies and cuddling was her only priority.

That was when her phone went off. At first she thought it was Mei or her parents, but the number wasn't recognized. She raised an eyebrow at that but picked up nonetheless. "Hello?"

Mifune hesitated a moment, before sighing. "...Hey, Kokoro." Mifune mumbled. "...How you been?"

Great start.

Kokoro blinked before sitting straight up. That voice..her brother? There was a brief silence before she finally answered, her eyebrows furrowing slightly. "Mifune? Is that really you?"

"Yeah, I um...I'm in town for a little while," Mifune said. "I was...I was wondering if I could see you sometime? It's been a while, sis."

He hoped this was a good idea.

"Ask her if Adam is there!" Kokoro heard another voice on the line say. She blinked for a moment before she leaned back in her seat.

"Sure...of course. It's been a long time...of course I'd like to see you before you go." She really couldn't believe it...she thought Mifune just dropped off the face of the planet. She didn't think she'd ever hear from him again.

"Thanks, is um...Adam there, too?" Mifune sighed. "It's a long story, I'll explain it when I get there, Kokoro." He could do this, right? See his sister that he just kind of left and felt a perpetual sting of guilt over? Yeah, sure.

He could do this.

"Yes, he is..." She was still trying to figure out who the girl in the background was...but she supposed that could wait until he got there. "I'm still at the old house...it's just him and I here. Parents are out of town on business...as usual." Not that they cared that Adam had moved in...if she was lucky she'd see them once a month. But she knew that he was worried about that...he didn't leave on good terms with them and probably never wanted to see them again.

"Alright, we'll be there," Mifune said, hanging up the phone with a faint sigh as he glanced at Sophie. "Well, let's get going." This seemed like a bad idea...

Sophie was more than happy to follow Mifune to his old home. It was actually pretty huge...but the style of the building was older than what she had seen in Blue. It still was nice though, and they didn't even have to knock before Kokoro opened the front door and then stood there as she took in her brothers drastic change in appearance.

Scrawny, wiry, pale skinned...that was what he looked like the last time she had seen him. Now he was the complete opposite and...well she wasn't surprised he had a girl tailing him like that. "Mifune..?" Kokoro muttered under her breath as they approached. She was feeling...all kinds of emotions right now. She had missed him so much and now that he was finally here she wasn't sure what to do...

"...Hey," Mifune said awkwardly as Adam stepped out to join her, blinking at Sophie in surprise, face flush as he rubbed his neck.

"Oh my god, Sophie Frost!" he grinned. "Wow, I'm...I'm a huge fan!"

"You must be Adam...and Kokoro too!" Sophie smile at the both of them, sticking her hand out towards Adam for a shake. "Always nice to meet a fan!" Kokoro blinked at Sophie for a moment before she turned back to her brother. What was he doing with someone so famous?

"Adam...this is Mifune, my brother." She tried her best to keep it together, but she felt like grabbing him and holding him tight. But she wasn't a kid anymore...she couldn't do that.

"It's nice to meet you both," Adam said, shaking Sophie's hand and then Mifune's eagerly. Mifune's brow arched a little, glancing at Kokoro. "...Whose this, Kokoro?" he asked curiously.

"Her boyfriend," he smiled. "Her parents were nice enough to let me stay."

"...I see," Mifune said flatly. Sounded about right, since Kokoro had everything she needed to not disgrace the entire family name, what was a live-in boyfriend?

"Y..yeah..." Kokoro muttered as her cheeks flushed slightly. "Come in, I made some tea..."

"That sounds great! I would love some! Do you have honey?" Sophie asked as she walked inside. Just as stoic on the inside...not extravagant but definitely good quality.

"I have honey, yes...so what exactly are you doing with Mifune?" Kokoro asked curiously. He didn't seem like the type to follow around pop idols...

"Well he's my bodyguard, so I had to come. But also there's something I need from Adam, I'll tell you later." Sophie answered easily.

"From me?" Adam blinked as Mifune stepped inside, hands in his pockets.

"Yup," Mifune answered. "I did need a job, Kokoro. Not like I could have one here, after all." Yes, he was still bitter about it. Perhaps even more so now.

"Right.." Kokoro muttered as she followed behind them and closed the door. She knew he'd still be upset about everything, but that was okay...at least he came to see her. "I guess she's paying you pretty well...and you can travel around the world with her. Sounds fun." She would try to stay positive for now.

"It is," he agreed, sitting down. He was never very good at this sort of thing. "I kind of fell into the work, but it's interesting going to so many places."

"So what brings you back?" Adam asked, sitting back on his spot on the couch.

"Sophie's concert tour," Mifune mumbled. "...I also got enrolled in the tournament."

"What?" Kokoro asked as she sat down next to Adam. "You're in the tournament..? Did you finally figure out how to use your element?" She supposed there was a reason why he was so..in shape. But even still...she couldn't see Mifune actually wanting to enter a tournament.

"I guess, nothing that'd make Mom and Dad happy," Mifune said smoothly. "You must be doing well, I assume?"

"Well, yes...Adam treats me well and so does DC." That answer was...unsatisfactory. But she could find out simply by watching the footage of all his fights. She heard the tea kettle begin to whistle, and that was when she stood up again and went over to the kitchen to fix them all tea. "So..how are you doing in the tournament? Are you still in?" She asked as she came out with a tray, sitting it on the coffee table.

"Yup, they haven't released the brackets just yet," Mifune sighed, arms crossing. "Sophie wanted to see me fight."

"He's so good at it! I haven't seen anyone here who can do what he does, which gives him a good advantage!" Sophie said as she grinned from ear to ear. "He's totally got this! He's going to win!"

"Interesting...you know what the winner gets, don't you?" Kokoro thought that it was a horrible idea, but she supposed she trusted Mei when she said it was the only option they had to get Mina Kishi off their case.

"Something about leading DC," Mifune said, hands behind his head as he reclined back. "What about it?"

"Are you interested?" Adam asked curiously.

"Eh," he shrugged. "Never thought about it."

"Well I guess it's a good thing there's not much to think about...I doubt you really want to fight Mei over a position you can't even hold because you won't be here." Kokoro said as Sophie began to stir her tea.

"Mnn, I'd fire him if he really wanted to do something here. But I don't think Mifune likes responsibility. He can barely put up with me." Sophie mused before putting the cup to her lips and sipping slowly.

Back
Top Bottom