Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"No...I'd love that." Kokoro told him with a warm smile. "I got better at cooking. Much better. Maybe we can have dinner together soon? I know you can't stay too much longer around here with the tournament and everything."

"Yeah, sure," Mifune smiled. "How about after? Soon as I can." Kokoro's smile had always been infectious to him, she never did it enough.

"Sure...did you want me to come along so Adam and I can keep an eye on Sophie for you while you fight?" He seemed to take his job extra careful, maybe that was something she could do to help him focus better so he wouldn't worry for her.

"If you want," Mifune said. "I'm sure she'd appreciate the company, at least. She likes meeting new people."

"Well I'll check to see if it's okay with Adam. We were kind of just supposed to be relaxing today since we're going to have a lot to do later." She pulled away from him..hesitantly before she stood on her feet. "I'm..also kind of curious about how you fight."

"I figured," Mifune chuckled. "It's nothing impressive, sis. But you're welcome to come along and watch."

"You've always been so humble about things so forgive me for not taking your word for it." Kokoro said with a smirk. "Let's go find Sophie and Adam. What did she want from him anyways?"

"Jana put it in her head that she might be able to use her voice for sound," Mifune sighed. "So I guess she wants to see if she could actually learn."

"Hmm, that would be interesting to see." Kokoro said thoughtfully as she moved into the hallway. "If she can actually learn, anyway."

Going into the room where Adam and Sophie was presented an awkward look at things, for starters...Sophie had her head tilted up towards the ceiling, and Adam was...massaging her throat? Mifune arched a brow at the scene, glancing to Kokoro. He didn't know a thing about sound, so...was this normal?

"Okay, try again," Adam murmured. "Remember...you need to feel the reverberations in not just your throat." It was hard to say if Sophie actually had a talent for it, but if she did? It'd be in her voice.

Kokoro just shrugged at him, but she trusted Adam to know what he was doing. Sophie took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Reverberations..not just her throat. This was harder than she thought it would be..but she tried again. This time she tried focusing on the reverberation instead of her actual volume of singing. Her tone was beautiful and soft, and this time she actually felt tingling in her throat and chest...but other than that there was nothing. How did sound work anyway?

"Hm," Adam said, settling back with a cross of his arms.

"So?" Mifune asked.

"Dunno," Adam said, head tilted. "For all intents and purposes, what she knows about singing could translate over if she knew how to focus it...but focusing it is the hardest part. It takes time. If you're really serious about learning, Sophie...you're going to have to do this exercise a few times a week. But it's going to really work on your throat, I wouldn't recommend it while you're touring."

"Awww! But if I wait until I'm done touring it's going to be a couple of months." She whined as she sat back. Though she did feel a little strain...especially since she was trying to do something she was completely clueless about. "I want to learn as fast as possible!"

"Why? Are you planning on fighting someone?" Kokoro asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No...but it would be great if I could defend myself if something ever happened and Mifune wasn't there for whatever reason." Sophie answered as she looked at the ceiling once more.

"If that is your goal, then you should work out your body too. If you want to be really good at fighting, you can't just rely on an element. You need to train yourself too." Kokoro explained as she held out her hand. "I can help you with that part, since you can't train your voice so much while you're touring."

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt," Mifune murmured. "Besides, Sophie...your manager would gut you if you damaged your throat." Physical activity would keep her involved more, anyway.

"Hmm..that sounds like a lot of work, but I suppose you're right." Sophie muttered before she got up to her feet. "I think we should get going, Mifune. You might miss your fight if we stay too much longer."

"Adam...I think I want to go watch my brother fight, if you don't mind." Kokoro said as she moved over to him and held his hand.

"Sure," Adam smiled, fingers linking with his. "I suppose we should keep an ear to the ground about the tournament anyway, especially now that the good fights are starting."

Kokoro held his hand tightly as she nodded silently. "True, but if Mifune wasn't participating I would have just rather watched all the footage. We could even watch it on TV if we wanted...the entire thing is being filmed." Because some adults actually found kids fighting entertaining.

"I better stay out of sight then...I don't want them accidentally catching me on live television." Sophie assembled her disguise, complete with a wig even.

"Uh..." Adam blinked faintly.

"Don't ask," Mifune sighed. "But it works, trust me." How? He had no idea. But she had gotten away with it thousands of times without anyone being the wiser.

Kokoro didn't ask, she just led everyone out with her hand still around Adam's. She wasn't really looking forward to all the screaming idiots in the stadium, but at least she'd finally be able to see her brother.

Mei blinked as she stared at the large display that had the match ups. There was one thing that was different...Jana was now paired up with that monster Blake. She needed to know why...was there a mistake? Or did someone tamper with something..? She needed to get to the bottom of this.

"What's up, Mei?" Komoku asked, checking the display with a cross of his arms. Jana and Blake, eh? Interesting...Blake was in this fight? Not surprising he made it this far, guy was a freak of nature. Ooh, he was fighting Aiden? Excellent...

"I got the match up results on my phone, but they are different here. See?" She showed him the text message she got from the coordination team. It was clear that Mifune and Jana's partners were deliberately switched. "I'm going to have a talk with them, though I doubt it will do much good.."

"Hm," Komoku said, grimacing in annoyance. "Bet I know who did it, too." Really, it didn't matter too much, but Komoku had a good idea why it was happening...Mina was playing dirty, who else would do that? Who else would know about that?

"Yeah, I think I know too. I'm going to make sure this doesn't happen again." Mei muttered as she started texting on her phone. She would make sure that the match ups wouldn't get tampered with again...Mina wasn't the only one with connections. "I'm going to find Jana and make sure she's okay..."

Jana saw the brackets, but she wasn't quite sure want to think as she crossed her arms, finger tapping against her bicep. It wasn't really something you could simply forget and get over, no. It lingered, like a bad dream. Blake, huh? Interesting match-up, Jana wasn't sure if she'd be able to win or not, but she'd try.

"I'm surprised they let him in," Jana muttered, lips pursing in displeasure. But there was no sense complaining about it now.

"You'll mop the floor with him, regardless." Eva said as she grasped Jana's hand firmly for encouragement. "If I would have known about it, I wouldn't have let him join. Trash like that doesn't deserve to be in this tournament."

"But the tournament said anyone could join, so long as they weren't an adult. Complaining about your own rules?" A familiar and somewhat lazy voice said behind them. Eva turned around slowly. She wanted to see who was stupid enough to defend her girlfriends rapist. The only thing she saw at first was a cloud of smoke hitting her face but she ignored it. Julianna stared back at her with a seemingly disinterested look.

"Who the hell are you?" Eva asked with a grin, though anyone could see the venom in her expression.

Back
Top Bottom