Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Jana glanced at Juliana a moment. Honestly? She had to pull a lesson from Mei, here. Cold, calculated, unbothered. She knew what they were doing, it disgusted her to her very core. But the more they saw of that, the more difficult it would be to keep it together. No, she wasn't going to lose here, not to her, not to Blake, not to anyone who thought that Mina woman was worth it.

"Letting someone else do your dirty work as usual, or are you just sore that your precious little plans got destroyed?" Jana asked dryly.

"I was in the tournament too, actually. My little brother wanted me to join...and here he is in the top sixteen when I dropped out just after the preliminaries. Too much trouble...not enough reward. Blake likes to fight though...it's been a while since he's been able to." Julianna told her, ignoring Eva for the moment. "All we're really here for is to enjoy ourselves...there is no dirty work."

"So just a happy coincidence that he's my opponent?" Jana said dryly. "You really expect me to believe that?"

"Well, I didn't have anything to do with that. But I'm sure he's excited. It's been a while since he's gotten to play with you." Julianna casually flicked her cigarette away, but not before she had a blade directly against her throat. Still, she didn't react much even as Eva slowly pressed against her skin.

"Ignoring me...and now you're bothering my girlfriend. If you don't want to end up in the hospital, I suggest you get the fuck away from us." Eva's voice was threatening but calm...she was furious but she knew better. She had to control herself.

"Eva," Jana murmured, hand on her shoulder. "It's okay," she said. "She's just here to try and rile me up, I know better," she murmured. She had support, friends...a mother who loved her. She had enough to manage this. "She has to do what she can to make the loss sting less."

Eva hesitated for a moment before she lowered her sword, sheathing it while glaring at the red head in front of her. "I'm glad I didn't get very far...fighting you would have been a real pain, Eva Kishi. I look forward to seeing both your fights..." Julianna smiled before she turned to walk away. However, in her path was none other than the DC commander. Julianna only chuckled before walking passed her casually.

"Jana...what did she want? Are you alright?" Mei asked urgently as she walked closer to her. Good..she was still with Eva. That was a good thing

"Fine," Jana smiled, an affectionate hand on Eva's back. "I'm fine, Mei...don't worry, I can do this, alright? I need to do this." It wasn't how she wanted it, but she wasn't going to change the reality.

"Alright. I know that you can...but I just had to make sure you were okay." Mei told her as she tried her best to return the smile. She was still worried, but she had to have faith. Maybe Jana would find closure in this fight..she wasn't sure.

"I know my mother is behind this. I'm sorry, Jana...I didn't know anything about it." Eva said miserably as she crossed her arms in thought. "But I believe in you. I know you're not going to give her the satisfaction she wants..."

Jana slid an arm around Eva and grinned, giving her a kiss. It wasn't a chaste kiss either, if the little flick of the tongue didn't give it away, anyway.

"I'll be okay," she promised easily. "And you better win your fight too, Eva. I still owe you a round."

"Like I'd lose to your ex boyfriend. I'm obviously superior." Eva was obviously pleased with the kiss. She moved closer to her, nuzzling her neck. "Maybe I'll beat him so hard into submission he'll do whatever we want him to."

Mei cleared her throat, her cheeks flushing a little. "Well...now that I know you're okay I'll be going. Good luck, Jana."

"Hey, Mei...thanks," Jana smiled. "It means a lot to have you here with me, today." She had Eva, she had Mei...even Komoku, sometimes...when he felt like it. But she had friends, people who would support her. That mattered today, a lot.

"It means a lot to have you on my side." Mei said with a smile before she moved to give her a hug. "I'll see you later...I've got to sit in special seating being the commander and everything. And Mifune's match with Angel is starting really soon..."

"I get you," Jana smiled. She had time to train, time to work the kinks out. Eva'd be good for that. "Come on, Eva. You're my sparring partner."

"Don't burn me out before my match please?" Eva grinned before taking her hand and walking her to the more secluded area of the stadium. Mei watched them both leave before she turned the other way. She wished Mifune would have been the one to take care of Blake, but Jana seemed to have it under control.

Angel had picked a special outfit for this match...something that showed a little skin. Or a lot of skin. A black corset that pronounced every bit of her lovely cleavage and a tight leather skirt that matched. She didn't mind the tightness..she just enjoyed the fame. She liked being known for being something other than "Kent's girlfriend" not that that was bad either. Too bad he lost so early in the tournament. That was just his luck though.

Angel didn't know much about her opponent other than the fact that he was extremely attractive. There didn't seem anything special about him and she felt like she had an advantage with the range of her weapon and element. The minute they locked eyes in the stadium she knew there was something more to him though. She should have paid closer attention to his fights, but it didn't matter. She casually twirled her lance as the audience went wild the moment they were signaled to start. She wanted to feel him out, she wanted to know what his deal was. But more importantly...

She really wanted to see that sexy man up close.

Mifune slid off his glasses casually, stuffing them into his pocket as he regarded the woman in front of him. Definitely a woman, considering what she was almost not wearing.

"Good luck," he said politely, shifting out of his shirt to expose a body built from hard muscle, toned and well defined. He settled slowly into a stance, his muscles tightening subtly as he focused his energy, eyes half lidded. "Whenever you're ready."

Angel couldn't help it...he had such a deep, heavenly voice that almost gave her the shivers. Then the shirt came off and she just...ugh! Wait, she had a boyfriend. She couldn't let this tanned beefcake get the best of her by stripping. Kent was watching and he'd be mad if he noticed her drooling all over that sexy, muscular...

"I'm ready." Angel began as her own energy seemed to sparkle around her, giving her a strange ghostly aura. Despite her stiff looking fighting stance, she really did look like what her name implied. She advanced, walking over to him casually like she was strolling up to a friend. It was simply because she didn't need to run...he could do that if he wanted. But she was going to take it easy...and she also needed to get closer to him so he'd attack. It would look suspicious if she attacked him first since she didn't need to get close to him to strike. "Good luck to you as well."

Mifune narrowed his eyes carefully as she moved forward, so he decided to take the first move and lunged. His power was in the strength of his muscles, the literal force multiplied to a devastating effect. All it took was one step for him to be on top of her, moving to swing a right hook at her jaw.

Angel wasn't stupid enough to get hit with that. She used her lance to block the punch, but the minute it impacted she still felt something hit her in the face. What the hell was that?! Spirit energy? No...that wasn't it. It just felt like he punched her even though she clearly blocked. He was dangerous...being close to him was a bad idea. Which was a shame considering.

She ignored the blood trickling from her nose as the light around her began to rapidly concentrate into two floating orbs. When they were big enough, Angel released them into two narrow beams of energy that aimed straight for him to get him to back away. Still...whatever trick he had up his sleeve was obviously farther of a range than she initially thought.

That was different. Mifune darted to the side as the beams focused on him, it was like a focused blur of speed. He wasn't running, he was stopping and starting like a frog hopping from place to place. He was going to be a difficult target, maybe he'd be a little creative on this one, her eyes didn't seem particularly interested in his fighting abilities when he took his shirt off.

Angel was slightly confused at his tactics, but nonetheless she continued to focus her lasers on him. The blasts were not continuous, but they were powerful and the ground hissed black when the light collided with it. All the while she kept herself a safe distance away. The best thing she could do is surprise her enemy. She had a few tricks up her sleeve, and this opponent seemed worthy of them.

Mifune grimaced in annoyance as he moved through the bursts of energy, his arms tightening as he slammed his fists on the tournament ring. The ground buckled, the tiles on the ring shifted as a shockwave of kinetic energy surged forward along the ground. He had to interrupt her to get close, but that was proving to be an annoyance.

"Huh," Komoku mused from their view as Sophie seemed positively jittery from Mifune's fighting, she really liked him, didn't she? "Mifune looks like a good time," he smirked. "Maybe I should jump your cousin in an alley someday, sweetheart."

Angel gracefully dodged, though again she really couldn't wrap her head around the way he was attacking her. It wasn't combustion, it wasn't spirit...what in God's name was this technique? Between his sexy shirtless form and his rare fighting style, Angel found it hard to focus for a counter attack. The two orbs of light however quivered and started becoming unstable before the sunk into one another creating something even bigger. Though for now, it hovered just above her. She smiled as if goading him into a full on attack. It was obviously a trap, but no matter what his choice would be she had the advantage.

Sophie looked up at Komoku and smirked. "You can try, but don't expect any mercy! He's the best!"

Mifune dusted off the stray debris that occurred from his shockwave, his sharp eyes narrowed in thought. The way she was dressed, the way she was acting...who knew being a bodyguard for a pop star would give him such great information on how to read someone? She didn't like getting close, which meant she either avoided conflict or Mifune was doing things to her. Either one, he could use.

"Hey," Mifune said, his voice low and casual. "Your name is Angel, right? Are all the women in Turuga as attractive as you? You're something else, I haven't seen anything like you yet."

That was...something Angel wasn't expecting in the middle of a fight. Well, she supposed she had time to let him talk. After all, he had such a wonderful, deep voice. "No...are you not from around here or something? Would explain why I've never seen you or your technique...I would have remembered you if I did." She may have been with Kent for his money but she had grown to care for him a lot. But still...this man was beautiful.

"Second time back," Mifune said, his smile easy and polite. "I guess I need to stop being nice, you're quite the combatant. Don't stop on my account, alright?" he said, rolling his shoulders. "Give me your best shot."

Back
Top Bottom