Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Oh, we're well aware of your father," Shizuka said dryly. "What a dull man,"

"Normal is dull, it seems," Caroline said dryly. "As much as we are aware of your pedigree, Mei...this is different. You've been doing fine so far, but that's simply because you've not had the chance to truly rest and experience what it means to run the DC."

"But right now, she's the only one who stepped up anyway," Johnny F shrugged. "So what's the harm in letting her keep it? Nothing's been burnt to the ground yet, and Red's been quiet, since they keep pulling from the rowdy groups."

"Yes, I've been doing fine. And I will continue to do fine at the rate I'm going, I feel. But sooner or later we're going to need our building back, and that can only happen sometime this decade with your support. If you'd like to see me fail so badly, then you can continue to sit back and do nothing for me. But if you actually want to see me succeed, and keep the responsibility of thousands of rowdy kids off your back..then you should start letting me control the budget that DC once had." Mei simply said, looking at Caroline specifically since she seemed to still doubt her competence.

Confidence. That was the only way anyone would take her seriously.

"Hm," Caroline said after a moment, taking another sip of her wine. "This will be the first time in Turugan history that a kid has ran the DC, and not a Kishi kid, at that."

"It'd be easier," Shizuka shrugged. "She's just a brat, anyway...saves us the trouble of dealing with it. I'd rather not have someone whose got a stick up their ass about tradition and the 'Mandate of Heaven'," she muttered.

"And how do you feel about this?" Mei asked as her eyes moved over to Johnny F. He seemed to be the least...skeptical of her? Maybe? Or maybe the two women were much more difficult than him. Who knew. All she knew was, this would be over fairly quickly. They didn't care about her affairs, so there was nothing to present to them as she originally thought. They seem to know what was going on, anyway. They knew a lot that she didn't expect them to know.

"How do I feel?" Johnny grinned a little, head tilted. "Hm, I think I feel like I like you...I like the frigid look in your eyes. Reminds me of a cold snap, temperate one moment, frozen the next. Someone whose got a spine to deal with all those rowdy kids you got, and anyone who can keep Komoku under her foot is good enough for me, really. Kid is a natural disaster waiting to happen."

"Sex controls everything, Johnny," Caroline smirked. "Regardless of her reasoning for that, I can appreciate her practicality, even if he is the reason things are such a mess."

"Anyone who puts Kishi under the ground is good by me," Shizuka sniffed. "Of course, I'm sure you've noticed that nobody came to arrest that poor Komoku for murder, now didn't you, Mei?"

"I did notice that. I thought he would get arrested for manslaughter at the very least. Bailing out Nicholas Trevlyn was much easier than I expected too, since he was also responsible for the events that occurred some time ago. Guess as long as it looked like you guys cared, it didn't matter who got arrested." The world really didn't work like Mei thought it did...but she had to admit, she was glad Komoku never did get arrested. So she wouldn't push the issue.

Even so, she felt like this happened far more than just that isolated incident. She could only wonder what else was conveniently overlooked just because of a few personal grudges...

"Smart girl, but don't get too smart," Caroline said, with a smile that was as politically polite as possible. "You stay in your world, and we'll make sure your world spins how it should...in return, you keep out of ours. Pitor's assests are being taken care of, and it would no doubt look good if much of his wealth was donated to the construction and repair of the Central HQ, now wouldn't it?"

"Now now, Caroline," Johnny F sighed. "You two know as well as I do that we can't keep her in the dark about everything, it wouldn't be an equal partnership that way, would it?"

"And what makes you so confident about this girl, Johnny?" Shizuka said dryly. "Every teenage girl can glare, what's so special about hers?"

"Hmm..." Johnny said, leaning forward to examine Mei after a moment. It was quite a focused look, but eventually...he grinned.

"Gut feeling," he decided, making the two women roll their eyes.

When Johnny leaned forward, Mei kept her gaze on him as she narrowed her eyes slightly, her face turning a light shade of pink. Though, hearing his reason on why he seemed to like her...it seemed innocent enough...so she calmed down a little. She was still a little bad with handsome men, but she did her best to keep a good poker face on.

"I feel like that's reasonable. Though in a few years, your world will be mine as well. So maybe then, I'll seek out a more equal partnership. Until then, I'm happy just knowing that we'll have the resources we need to start growing again. Getting DC back to normal is my main overall goal."

"Then you'll have it," Caroline said. "We'll redirect the appropriate funds to you for your interest, assuming you can handle budgeting, Mei?" she smirked. "We're talking millions of dollars, girl...don't get greedy on us, you might find your hand cut."

"Tch, I've been around money all my life. It's boring." Mei said as she gathered her things. "I'll take what I need, and that's all. Is there anything else we need to discuss? If not, I've got other things to do." Like being somewhere that wasn't here.

"So sharp and icy," Shizuka purred. "Reminds me of some other annoying bitch I have to deal with,"

Caroline snorted in annoyance, but left it alone as he glanced at her before narrowing her eyes faintly. "...You're looking for two brothers, Di Zhao and Di Shi. They have a little pet, named Kitten. Girl has issues, but it works quite nicely into Shi's little talent. He possesses the willing. You weren't just fighting that girl when they attacked the van, you were fighting her and Shi. I'll have Detective Sharp look into their records for you, I'm sure you'll agree that they're quite...illuminating," she purred.

Johnny and Shizuka glanced at Caroline in minor surprise, but it was barely noticeable.

Well, she didn't exactly expect any of them to tell her what she needed to know. Now she really did have something to do. "..Thank you." Mei mumbled as she rose and bowed at the three. "I..will head over to the station so I can talk to Detective Sharp, then. It's important that I find these two as soon as possible." With back up, there would be plenty of that. Knowing the girls trick...made things slightly easier.

Slightly.

"Indeed," Caroline smirked, taking another sip of her wine. "Happy hunting, dear...do tell us how it goes." There were a lot of people Johnny didn't understand, but he really wished Caroline was one of them. She was like a snake in sensual body, the last thing he needed to deal with.

At least Shizuka was as confused as he was.
--
Dujae had been dutifully visiting Cat fairly regularly since she was brought in, it was a little soul crushing...but it was better than someone else doing it. She gave just enough to make it work, but even then...what else could she say that she didn't know? Thankfully, though...he had good news for his Bear. It was more than a little disheartening to keep seeing her so caged in, but...like usual. He stepped inside her room, they didn't really have 'cells', just hospital rooms that were guarded. Dujae didn't need guards.

He walked over, and handed her a clipboard.

"Guess you've been charming the right people, Bear." Dujae murmured. "Papers, for your release...you'll be under probation for the next month or so, but...I think I know a spot you can be to stay out of trouble."

"Tch, about time." Catalina said with minor annoyance, though she stood up and gave her papi chulo a kiss. "Been going stir crazy in here. The first thing we're doing is going to your place, having a few drinks, and then fucking each other brains out to celebrate!" Drinks at two in the afternoon wasn't bad, right? Just a few wouldn't hurt...

"Oh no," Dujae said dryly, arms around her neck. "You got a problem, sweetheart, and I'm not helping you keep it. You're sober in my house, you and I are going to spend some time together and it's going to be not drunk...mostly naked, though." he mused. Oh, wait...Cat would be at his place all the time?

...He was fairly certain that was a near instantaneous erection against her.

"I do not have a problem. It's not like I went through withdrawal while I was stuck here or anything." Ooh, she felt that erection. If she couldn't have her drinks, at least she could have a good time with her boyfriend. She felt a faint vibration in her pocket. Oh, was that a text? But the only one who had been texting her lately was Dujae. She took out her phone, and a serious look came across her face.

Mei figured out where the twins are.

It was a simple sentence, but Catalina knew the meaning. The person who sent it had to be Julianna, only she could find out information like that sooner than anyone else. Catalina grimaced. Julianna would probably drop out of this little conquest. But what about Emma and Li? Tch..maybe she should try to find them and attempt to get them to stay out of what was about to happen.

"...What's up?" Dujae asked curiously. He didn't pry, mostly out of respect. Even though he knew that Cat knew...skeezy people, really skeezy people. "Everything okay?"

"..Yeah, don't worry about it" Catalina muttered before deleting the text. Nothing she could do..she just wanted to spend time with her boyfriend, and she wasn't going to ruin it. "Come on, you got hard for me the minute you were up against me. I wanna take care of that erection." She purred as she slipped her phone back into her pocket.

Dujae grinned a little at that, but slid his arm around her waist regardless. The papers were signed, everything was all well and good -other than Dujae leaving early, but...meh-.

"We can make it work," Dujae said easily. They did live in Blue, after all...and their building was somewhat notorious for being Komoku's turf anyway. He unlocked the door to his place and stepped inside, unlike Komoku...he was lazy, and preferred a homey, lived in vibe that stank of Dujae-potentially in a good way- and wasn't a tidy freak in the slightest. But at least there weren't a giant pile of dishes and trash overflowing. "My bed can fit the both of us, anyway," he grinned.

Catalina was the same way, really. So she didn't mind the state of his apartment at all. In fact it just made her even more excited to live with him so she could add her own spice to the place. "Dujae, are you sure we can't just go down the street and get like one malt or something? Come on, I want to relax. You know how good I am in bed if I'm buzzed." Catalina moved her hand and rubbed his erection through his black pants. Maybe he'd give in if she played with him a little.

Dujae slid his hands along her cheeks to pull her closer, his kiss was hungry...possessive, passionate even. But it lasted far too short.

"You're always good in bed, Bear..." Dujae murmured, his voice husky and hungry. "No drinks."

Catalina looked into his eyes and sighed. Well, she tried. But now she wanted to taste more of his tongue. "Fine..you're no fun." She muttered before pressing her lips against his for another passionate kiss. She felt her phone vibrating in her pocket again, and she growled in annoyance against his lips as she pulled back and looked at the next text message from the unknown number.

We know where you are.

...Was that a threat? Catalina narrowed her eyes. Fucking bitches...she dared them to attack her while she was trying to get laid by her boyfriend. She simply turned off her phone and then tossed it onto the couch. "How safe are we here, Dujae?" She asked casually as she started unbuttoning her shirt.

"...Huh?" Dujae said curiously, temporarily distracted by Cat starting to strip as he crossed his arms. "...Can't say I've ever had a problem, why? Is something up, Cat?" he asked, licking his lips. Who the hell would attack here? Komoku took that shit super serious. He'd rip them apart.

"I think someone is trying to play a trick on me, but I don't have time for tricks." The other question was..how did they know she was released? Maybe one of the others that were still in custody found out? Damn that Julianna...she always knew everything.

Hopefully it was a bluff...hopefully they still thought she was in custody. "Anyways, it doesn't matter." Catalina said as she took off her shirt. She didn't want to think about it, so she just pressed her lips against his again.

Dujae kissed her after a moment, arms around her waist. He broke it after a bit, examining her face before pulling her in for a hug.

"Hey, you're okay here," he assured. "You're making me paranoid, girl. Besides, the two of us are too annoying to deal with in a fight together, who'd bother?

Back
Top Bottom