Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Asset (Avengers) Moon/Lady

Tony startled at the cry, twisting away from the designs he’d opened to look at the man, eyes widening as he realized what it was. “Hey, what the fuck?Really?You took a fucking shower when you get shocked because of it?Why didn’t you say something?”He growled before moving over, pausing long enough to find the wire cutters and screw driver, moving over, realizing the asset was in no shape to hurt him.”I’m gonna try and fix this okay?Don’t hit me.”he growled even as he used the screw driver to pry loose a few of the panels up by his arm, and without getting a good read yet, he didn’t know what to do first, but he could stop the pain for the moment. “J?What wires?” “The two red running along either side, Sir.” Tony nodded absently in reply to the AI before cutting them, wincing a little as they sparked, wincing, wondering if he’d managed to make it work instead of cutting the main power lines to the arm for the moment, disengaging it from the nervous system for the moment.”Better?”He asked his eyes flicking up to look at the other.

the Asset made no response, he was too busy writhing in pain. he usually took a blow-dyer to his arm after a forced shower, but he had forgotten this time with all the thoughts running through his head. he tried to jerk away from the man with the cutters and the sharp pointy thing but he couldn't. he was in too much pain. and then, the pain was gone, he sagged into the chair with a groan and closed his eyes. part of him knew that he couldn't use the Arm now, it needed the electricity from his nervous system, and the impulse readers from that same nervous system to work, but he didn't care. the pain was gone. his arm always ached, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. now it was simply numb and for a moment he feared Tony had killed what little bit of nerves he had left in that arm. nope, he could still feel the metal on what was sort of a socket. his arm had been torn completely out after all. though his shoulder had remained mostly intact. he laid there for a moment, panting as he tried to catch his breath before his eyes snapped open and he turned to stare at Tony. "...you killed my arm." he complained. it was the only thing he could think of to say. he wouldn't thank the other, but he didn't feel all that bad about loosing his arm either. he was sure he would either be given a new one or killed now that he was only a mild threat instead of a severe one. either way, he didn't much care.

“It needed killed. Stupid tech. Inferior hammer worthy tech....hey...hammer-hydra, wonder if they’re one in the same with stupid tech...”Tony muttered for the moment distracted by the thoughts. And that was the both the genius and the issue with tony stark. He was so brilliant, burned so bright that it took alot....alcohol...drugs...sex....to calm his mind enough to simply let him focus on one thing. Pausing as he realized he was being stared at he tilted his head slightly.”Don’t complain. I’m making a new one. Better. You’ll be able to shower, do anything you want with the new one. With all that range of motion and feeling you pointedly didn’t say you weren’t missing. So stop staring at me like that.”Tony whined a little as he walked towards the desk again, waving towards a chair nearer.”If you want to watch, you can, otherwise just relax while I woke. It’s going to be a bit until I get the designs done.”Tony said as he started putting parts and pieces into a new arm, muttering things at Jarvis to work on, to work with. He knew the others were going to come down, probably be hovering, but for the moment he was simply enjoying designing.

he stared at Tony for a long moment and then. "Hydra uses hammers sometimes." he agreed with a shrug. not really getting it. "..." he had to admit, the thought of a new arm was... very nice. very very nice. to be able to feel things again, other than pain was extremely tempting. it wasn't like he could say no, being that his Arm was dead. he carefully unhooked it, he'd had to do that a few times, it always hurt like a bitch but he made no sound as he carefully slid the arm out of it's place and let it crash to the floor, a heap of useless metal. now he could make a run for it if he had to. he didn't want to though. he rather... well he didn't like it, but it was calm, quiet. he let himself fall into a doze again until one of the targets, Clint, came down. "uhm... Tony?" Clint asked, sounding anxious. "we need you to come upstairs for a minute." he ordered. "Steve's... uh... he's having a bit of a breakdown and he's breaking things..." what in the world? it took a lot to set off captain America. if he was having a 'bit of a breakdown' then it was something big. very big and very traumatic. "we need your suit to pin him down." he admitted, examining the Winter Soldier. "he should stay down here." he warned, the Asset lifting an eyebrow. "didn't you have an arm?" "he killed it." the Asset complained dryly as Clint blinked. "...oookay.... anyway Tony. the suit? please?" he pleaded before heading back upstairs to try and calm the furious Captain America, papers scattered all over. the information that Natasha had been able to find. the one peice of paper with the Winter Soldiers face, and the face of Bucky Barnes sat side by side was all the clue Tony needed to know why Steve was freaking out.

“...”Tony grinned at the other’s words, not pursuing that cause he could see the other’s getting it before startling as the arm hit the floor. Smiling quietly as he worked, nearly done making a new arm by the time clint came down, jolting startled as the man talked to him.”Wha...? But I...I don’t have a suit.”Tony said looking worried, and absolutely that the man hadn’t considered that, that he might need it. Oh man, he really needed to get a suit made. “Stay. Please. I’ll be right back.”Tony said, showing just how worried he was about steve, that he was letting a man he’d just met, run around his lab. Running upstairs as he walked in, he looked at natasha as the woman tried to calm steve, waving her off before turning to face steve. Trusting that the same reason Steve refused to spar with him now that he didn’t have a suit, would keep the other from striking out at him. He was so frighteningly human and breakable. Glancing down at the papers under his feet his eyes widened, “Fucking hell!I knew he looked familiar!Fuuuuucckkk.”Tony cursed before reigning in his reaction, turning to face his captain.”Steve?Hey. Can we not destroy my apartment please?Pepper just redecorated, and I really don’t want to get in trouble over this. Cause you know somehow this will be my fault. Hey, steve?Talk to me.”he ordered moving closer, crowding into the other’s space.

"...fuck. i forgot." Clint muttered with a grimace. "well. he listens to you, talk to him at least?" he asked hopefully, fidgeting a little. the Asset just blinked and then settled back into his chair, uncaring of the drama happening upstairs and forcefully ignoring the ache in his heart at the idea of Steve Rogers being upset. Steve snarled as he tore apart a chair with his bare hands, Clint looking anxious. "does Steve know the Winter soldier?!" he asked, a little bit frightened of how the good captain was acting. Steve snarled at Tony but he did stop destroying the furniture, his eyes blazing with rage. "that man down there is Bucky Barnes! my best freind! we lived our entire life together! we saved each other's lives! and He. Doesn't. Remember. Me!" Steve gasped, fury in every word. "Hydra pulled out his mind! his personality and they turned him into a murdering monster and you want me to calm down!?" "....actually he asked you to talk." Clint commented before scuttling to hide behind Natasha when Steve turned to glare at him.

“He listens to me when he wants to yell at me.But I bet I can goad him into fighting me.”Tony smirked a little before nodding as he stared down at the pages.”Yes...closely.”he muttered as he toed the page, making sure he was indeed seeing the right thing before looking at Steve, “He does. At least some. he couldn’t shoot you, captain. they sent him here to kill you, and even brainwashed, and turned against everything he once held dear, James Buchanan Barnes could not shoot you. He kidnapped me to reprogram him, because you make him feel things. He’s staying, and we’ll get him back. Between you dragging memories to the surface,and I can fix his arm, and anything else he wants, we can do this, Cap. Trust me?”Tony wrinkled his nose. “Okay, I know you don’t do that, but I wouldn’t fuck this up. I can do this, I can get your best friend back, as much as we’re able to.”Tony said totally focusing on steve, and ignoring the watchful assassins. “You are such a chickenshit.”Natasha muttered turning to look at clint.

Steve paused as Tony spoke and he stared at Tony. had the billionaire just said what he thought he said!? "...that's right. he said... in the kitchen earlier. he had the gun to my head and he said something about a Glitch... he thinks i did something to him to keep him from carrying out his orders..." Steve whispered. "but i didn't, it's his own mind rebelling against him...." he muttered, looking more than a little stunned. "part of him still recognizes me... i could have him back." he whispered, sitting down on the floor, tired now that his rage had run it's course. "i do trust you Tony." Steve admitted. "what are you going to do when he realizes your not going to brainwash him again?" he asked softly. "he'll try to hurt you, i have no doubt about that...." he admitted as Clint shrugged at Natasha. "i'm an assassin, not a soldier. i'm allowed to be a coward."

“Yes, I did.”Tony said responding to the question he could see in the other’s eyes before nodding. “he said something about that the first time I was with him.he thinks something’s glitching the fuck out cause he’s choosing to do things, like kidnapping me, not shooting you...he’s rebelling because they gave him a order that went against everything he’d once known.”Tony sighed before nodding.”he wont be the same, but we could get James back.”he said smiling a little, before sighing,”I am going to ‘brainwash’ him. I’m just undoing the brainwashing him. Reverse brainwashing?I could totally make a brainwash, so you could unsee things...”Tony said rambling for a moment before pausing, wincing as he refocused. Sighing quietly as he stared at the floor, sitting down next to steve, just as tired, pained and hurting as he studied the floorboards.”....I’m going to build another suit.”

Steve nodded. "so he thinks it's a malfunction in his brainwashing... and it, sort of is. they asked him to do something he wouldn't be capable of. it's nice to know." he muttered. "that part of him still loves me." he admitted, sounding so relieved it almost hurt. "even if we only get a part of James back, it will be enough." he whispered. "i thought he was dead." Steve admitted as he picked up the page that showed Bucky's face and detailed the long list of experiments. it took them three years of painful surgery and torturous procedures before they managed to fit him with the arm he had. they'd nearly killed him doing it. they nearly killed him when they tinkered with the serum too. they'd been trying to cut off his pain sensations. they'd half succeeded. he wouldn't really take notice of anything unless it was a life threatening injury. it was the process of the mind wiping that was the most hellish. they had to do it every time he got up from the ice, and he always fought them, though he never remembered that. it was a mix of hypnotism and electrical pulses directly into the brain. painful, traumatizing, and temporary to a Super Serum fueled brain. they had to do it every-time they took him off the Ice, no matter how long or short that was. "...what about Pepper?" Steve asked, looking startled. "she won't like it." Steve warned, unable to hide the annoyance in his voice that he had anytime he talked about, or to Pepper.

“It is. Sorta. And no matter what he says, that arm is a piece of shit. I’m fixing it. And not going to nearly kill him doing it.”Tony made a face as he read over the details of the surgery, needing to see what was done before he could undo it. And he’d probably have to talk to bruce, he was so not good enough with the human body to simply brush it off. “I know you did. Everyone did.but we’ll take care of him, Cap.”Tony muttered his features tight and pinched as he read it over, bloody fuck, he didn’t want to know this, to know that 70 years worth of this had been done...shit. Swallowing hard be avoided looking at any of the people staring at him, nodding quietly, flinching a little at the annoyance in steve’s voice, to emotionally wrung out to realize it wasn’t directed at him. “....This just proves I’m to involved, no matter what I’m going to be a target, even if I’m not actively Iron Man. I wont make you guys leave, and...”He shrugged sighing.”I can’t not be iron man. He is me...I think I was always going to go back, but this just proves I need to do it soon.”He sighed rubbing a hand over his face, sounding so defeated for a moment, tired. Because he knew that this was going to be harder, harder then anything else.

Steve nodded. "it is a piece of shit." he agreed, shaking his head a little. "and your too good at what you do to cause him undo suffering." he pointed out with a small smile. "...okay." he agreed, voice soft now. "we'll take care of him. we'll make him well again." Steve agreed, swallowing thickly. "that's true. even Pepper can't deny that your a target simply because you used to be Iron man. not to mention the fact that your a genius, a billionaire and good freinds with both the Avengers and Shield." he sighed. "Pepper was wrong to make you give up being Iron Man Tony." Steve stated, staring at Tony. "she was wrong to make you think less of yourself simply because you put other peoples needs above your own." he informed the other before pausing as an almighty crash filtered up from downstairs. "...did you leave him alone in your lab?"

“Hm, so glad you think well of my ablities. But I’m not sure I should be when considering the alternative is Hydra. Anyone’s better then hydra. Maybe even Justin hammer.”Tony grumbled trying for a laugh before sighing, staring at the floor. “Hm, you forgot playboy philanthropist in that list, Cap.”Tony muttered tensing a little, not meeting steve’s eyes, “....I love her. I should be able to balance her needs along with my own desire to be the center of attention.”Tony muttered before jolting at the crash, “Uh, maybe? Barton said you were freaking out. The lesser of two evils seemed to be leaving him down there with Dum-E and U.”Tony said even though he was already rushing for the lab, pausing in the doorway.”Winter?”He called opening the door but not stepping inside, wanting to know what was going on.

he rolled his eyes. "Tony stop being a dick." he ordered with a small smile. "nothing would be worth Justine Hammer. Hitler wouldn't deserve Justine Hammer." there was a pause. "well. maybe Hitler would deserve him." he muttered with a smile before he sighed. "Tony i don't even know what a Phillyantrose is." he complained. "you love her, yes. but your wrong and she's wrong. you aren't Iron Man for attention, you just use that as an excuse to hide your true intentions." Steve scoffed, poking Tony in the forehead. "you can fool the world Tony stark but you can't fool me." he stated before shaking his head as he realized Tony really had left Bucky alone. idiot. once in the lab though, Bucky hadn't destroyed anything, in fact. he was standing over where Cum-E appeared to have fallen over and was poking it. "what is this thing?" Bucky asked, prodding it with his toe when Dum-E whined at him. "and why does it insist upon prodding me?"

“...Hilter would deserve him. And so does Hydra.”Tony huffed before sighing quietly as he stared at the floor, yelping a little as he was poked in the forehead. “Whatever makes you sleep at, Cap. The whole world knows I do this to simply pleasure myself.”he grinned a little as he headed downstairs, tilting his head as he saw the robot shaking his head a little.”he’s my first robot, lab asisstant and all around annoyance.”Tony grinned a little as he righted dum-E, smirking at the other man, “Probably wanted to play fetch or something. Or look at your arm. He’s as disappointed as me in bad tech.”Tony smiled a little, tilting his head, starting to see more of bucky in the man, now that he knew who it was.

Steve snorted. "your right. they totally do." he agreed before he smiled at tony. "you know. sometimes when you hear something often enough, it becomes true." he admitted. "even if it's not." he stated simply. "and you should never resort to pleasuring yourself Tony, that's what Pepper is for." Clint was shocked into laughter at that. Steve had made a sex joke! "...robot?" Bucky asked, his head tilted. "so it's not alive?" he asked prodding the robot again. "Fetch? like a dog?" he asked, a little shocked before he shook his head and scratched at the stump. "are you nearly finished? i'm tired of feeling things. i desire to be reprogrammed as soon as possible." he admitted, staring at Tony as he sat down at the edge of the chair. "why are you looking at me like that." he demanded, eyes narrowed. "what are you planning?" he demanded, suspicious as always.

“....Wow. Captain Sassypants is back. I like this. You and pepper should totally talk, make up sex jokes for me to listen to. It’d be awesome.”Tony snickered laughing. “Yes, a robot. And he isn’t, though he can learn and understand, so quit prodding him.”Tony said feeling defensive of his robot before nodding. “yea, he’s a little slow, but he enjoys games....I made him when I was a kid, to have someoen to play games with, since no one else wanted to be my friend.”tony said making a face before nodding, “I can, but Winter, I’m not sure if it’ll work. Your arm, totally I can fix that, but not sure about everything else.”tony babbled, because now that he knew who he was, he was totally nervous. “..Not planning anything. Just realized that I know you. Or at least of you. The person you were before, before you were the Asset.”he said simply, knowing it wasn’t the way to do it, but tony stark had never done anything in the best way.

he shook his head. "i am never willingly talking to Pepper, ever." he growled. muttering something under his breath that Tony wouldn't catch but that Clint did, making him stifle a snicker. "...robot... huh. i wasn't aware technology had advanced to such a state." he admitted as he ran his fingers down the metal before obediently moving back and stopped prodding the... thing. "....if you cannot fix me, then i will simply return to my handlers and suffer the Punishment." he stated simply. "i might get a repreive even if i return with some stark technology strapped to my body." he admitted, sounding rather smug. "they won't take it away from me, they won't dare lest they damage me beyond function." he admitted as he studied the other, looking confused. "i have always been The Asset. there has been nothing else." but that wasn't true. he had dreams of things he knew where real. of falling off a train, of rescuing someone from a gang of bullies, naked flesh sliding against naked flesh and whispered words of adoration. Captain. he shook his head. "you will work to the best of your ability i am sure." he muttered, laying back down in the chair, scowling at the ceiling. he was sure, more than ever now that Hydra had lied. if he had been born to be The Asset, why did he have memories of things that couldn't have been from a test tube? they had created him, but had they? they told him he'd gotten his arm torn off, but they didn't say how. they said he had been trained from 'birth' to be a murderer, but if that was true why could he not recall it? is Captain America was the enemy, why was Tony Stark helping him? he was... confused.

“You’ve been on ice for 70 years. It’s amazing what the world’s moved on to.”Tony smirked a little before making a face. “Do you relaly want to?I mean, you could stay. Considering how often I get in trouble, I could use more people around me that can take care of themselves.”Tony smiled a little making a face at the other man. “No, you haven’t. You had a life before this. You were nearly 24 when you became the asset.”Tony said already starting to work his magic on breaking the brainwashing even as he tinkered with the new arm before cursing quietly as he settled into a chair next to bucky, glancing up at him. “If you hurt me while I’m working on this, you’ll probably hurt yourself more then me.”Tony warned as he settled next to him, smiling quietly as he started working on the port for the socket, even if he didn’t do blood and drills well, he could make sure he could do this. Settling in to work, settlign the port into place, he glanced up at bucky’s face. “Just a few more minutes. Just gotta screw it in.”He said wincing at the buzz of the drill as he drilled it into bone, looking a little shaken as he worked.

he blinked a little. "....seventy years." he asked, his voice horrified, shocked, startled. he hadn't realized. how could it have been so long!? time meant little when you where in the Cyrotube. but he had been told it was for healing purposes, not... not... "Seventy years." he whispered, more shocked now. "i've... seventy years..." he muttered before he turned and stared at Tony, his eyes oddly blank. "i have always been The Asset." he stated. "i've seen where they grow us." damn... they where growing people!? "...it will be fine." he promised simply as he studied the other. "i have undergone this kind of surgery before. they can't use the stuff that makes me sleep. it doesn't work." he admitted. "and neither does the stuff that is supposed to make you numb." he admitted before falling silent as tony worked. he made a few winces, but he never uttered a sound. "do you need me to do that for you?" Bucky asked Tony, lifting an eyebrow at him. a bit worried about how pale the little annoyance was.

“Yea. You went missing in World War 2.”Tony muttered glancing up at him, swallowing hard. “I’m going to bet your just a few years shy of 30 now, between all the missions and stuff...Not really that old.”Tony said his eyes soft and worried for the other, before sighing. “No, you haven’t. And-”He stopped staring. “You...they’re growing people?Can you tell us where that is?I totally want to take care of that if they are...”He muttered before nodding a little. “Well, it’s still going to hurt.”Tony muttered looking more shaken then bucky did really by the end, pausing on the last bolt to look up at the other man.”....did you just offer to operate on yourself?No. I’m done.”Tony said as he finished, cleaning both the surgerical area and his own hands off, sitting back to make sure it was okay. “It’s going to be a bit before I can put the arm in. Let that heal first.”He said though he still hadn’t recovered seeing that much blood.

he frowned. "i didn't take part in WWII, i wasn't created yet." he stated. but that wasn't right... he was a.. general? he was... important on the American side. working hard, fighting Nazi. "yes. they grew me. created me." he explained. "not all of the 'seeds' make it." he admitted. "but they have about fifty new Assets nearly fully grown. i was an accident, or so they tell me. a miracle of science." he admitted. "i don't know." he admitted. "i would rather you not do anything." he admitted. "they are my brothers, or a sort." he admitted. "my life created them." oh hell. oh HELL. the 'seeds' where made from Bucky's genetics. they had an entire army of Super Serum soldiers almost completely grown in a lab somewhere. oh hell! "Pain has been banished from my program." he stated simply. he could still feel it, but usually pain was dull and no more irritating than a small sunburn, if that. he'd been shot, tazed, even had all his fingers broken without so much as a twitch. this was a bigger annoyance than that, but it was mostly easy to ignore. "yes. i did. i've done it before." Bucky admitted with a shrug. "it will take approximately two and half hours for this to heal fully." he informed Tony. "your going to be ill." he warned tony, recognizing the signs of blood sickness. some people did that, got sick at the sight of gore. one of the Assets handlers was like that. it was one of the few points of actual pleasure, covering himself in gore and walking in and watching his Handler puke all over himself.

“....Fucking hell.That’s...oh...fuck.”Tony said feeling a little sick at the idea of hydra having a army worth of super soldiers, but he wasn’t sure what to do about it besides tell the others, and be ready. But, no matter how much he wanted to leave to tell the others, he wouldn’t run away from Bucky yet. Not until he was sure the other was stable. “...That’s horrible and odd.”Tony said leaning down resting his elbows on his knees, trying not to be sick. “Kay. Well, we’ll go upstairs, grab something to eat, by then you should be healed enough to let me finish.”Tony said before scrambling for the trashcan and throwing up, glaring up at the other as he straightened a little. “No laughing. I’m being helpful, don’t look so amused to watch me puke.”The billionaire growled, before pausing, reaching for his phone. No matter how much he might harass the captain, he knew steve knew he could used his phone. Shooting him a quick text to warn him he was bringing bucky upstairs to get some food not wanting to startle him,

Bucky looked a little confused about Tony's freak out but shrugged it off. "well when your shot in the field you have to take care of that sort of thing." Bucky stated simply. "i once sewed up my own stomach." he admitted. "i do not require sustenance at this time." he got fed a tasteless slurry of a mush before he left and when he returned before going back on ice. he could go days, even weeks without food if he had to. "i was not laughing." Bucky stated simply, his lip still twitching. "well. not out loud." ah! a joke! Tony's plan was working. mostly. he followed Tony upstairs and paused when he saw the small crowd and felt naked again. he wasn't wearing anything but a pair of sweatpants, he had no weapons and no arm... "are you going to come in and eat or not?" "i do not require sustenance at this time." "when was the last time you ate?" "three days ago." "....people aren't supposed to go that long without food." "i function perfectly well with the food i receive." "...Soldier. please. come and eat with us." Steve asked and Bucky Barnes paused, his head cocked suddenly as he stared at the other man. images fluttered in his head. naked bodies 'i thought you where dead- i thought you where smaller, pain, pain, pain. he shook his head, driving the odd thoughts out and turned his attention to the food. it was... strange. liquid. "what is it?" "soup!" "...what is it?" "...boiled vegetables and chicken in broth." well. that didn't sound too bad he supposed. and it would probobly be a few more days... a little bit wouldn't hurt. he did reach over and trade bowls and silverware with Clint, making the Assassin snort. Bucky was worried about poison apparently.

“....I have never been so glad I’ve never had to do something like that.”Well, sort of. He’d had to put the arc reactor in, and that had been traumatizing and horrible in its own way, but okay. “I don’t care if you need it or not, I want to. I haven’t eaten in hours, you kidnapped me on my way to lunch.”he whined a little as he made a face. “Well, as long as it’s not outloud, its fine I guess.”He sulked a little as he headed upstairs. “He is not soldier! He is Winter. Cause I’m Stark and-” “If you’re going to make Game of Thrones jokes, I will shoot you.”Natasha warned rolling her eyes a little. “Fine. I’ll just be quiet and eat my soup like a good little boy.”Tony said rolling his eyes as he ate, never having been so glad pepper was working, and pissed. Because he didn’t want to be yelled at some more at the moment, snickering as bucky switched bowls. “...I feel depressed you didn’t steal my food.I’m no longer special.” “he’s probably thinking we try to kill you on a regular basis.” “Why?” “Because he’s spent hours with you, and you’ve not been gagged.” “I am not that bad!”

Back
Top Bottom