Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wanted dead or alive: The tragic downfall of a Wild West Outlaw (BBVD&MisaLaVan)

RE: Wanted dead or alive: The tragic downfall and rebound of a Wild West Outlaw

Isabella hugged the women back. before walking out . With a short good bye to Mark she went to wait for Ivan. Her hands played with the reins as she waited for him. His question made the tears slip free from her blue eyes. " Don't be silly you know I love him, more then anything." She took in a deep breath "I feel so helpless. I'm use to dealing with a upset Joren, but he has never been upset with me. I just.... I feel so dead with out him. " She looked at Ivan " If I can't have kids I'd be ok because I have Joren, but he wants to be a day so bad. It would kill him, Not even I could make it ok. " She looked around, seeing how people were watching them, she handed over the reins. Her years keeping her from seeing right. " He'll never love me the same if I can't give him kids, he wont even try any more." She wondered for a moment of she should tell Ivan about her wanting to go back to New York.

Ivan smiled at Isabella "I know you love Joren I asked you this because you can tell how much a person loves another person by how fast they answer because if a person can immediately profess their love for someone else they're letting their heart talking instead of letting their brain think about an answer" Ivan said taking the reins softly as he cracked the reins the horses began to move. "Now listen to me darling I am only going to tell you this once because I know deep down under all the pain you know the exact same things" Ivan said smiling "Joren will love you whether or not you give him a child because he loved you long before the baby. I also want to say you know how bad you feel thinking you have failed Joren because you haven't gotten pregnant with his baby. Well Joren is feeling like he has failed you by not getting you pregnant. You see you're both feeling as if you failed each other when neither of you has done anything wrong" Ivan said steering the horse toward the store where they were going to buy furniture to decorate Joren and Isabella's new house.

Isabellast couldn't stop the tears, they flowed freely down her checks. She shook her head slightly as Ivan talked. " He'll be heartbroken if I can't have children" She knew that was true. Joren had always wanted kids , even when they played like they were married he had wanted kids, he would be heartbroken if she couldn't give him one. She looked at Ivan with such heartbreak " Then why isn't here with me? Why is he pushing me away? Did you know the last few days he hasn't even come to the bed at night?" She wasn't sure if anyone knew how bad things had gotten. Looking at the store she let out a sigh. " Do you think he'll let me stay if... if we break up?" she would have no where else to go. even though she was thinking of going back to New York, this place would always be home and they would always be her family.

Ivan looked at Isabella "What you need to know is that Joren has never failed at anything that he put his mind to. Joren is known around the entire country as a man who can do anything. He is looked at either as a superhero by many because when he says he'll do something he does it so now after years of being known as a man that can do anything he can't get you pregnant that destroys his ego and it hurts him emotionally to know that he is failing you. And you need to stop asking why he's not here you know he's doing a very important job because I can't darling" Ivan said pulling Isabella to him caringly in a hugging embrace since he really did care about her like a father "Now don't speak like that Isabella I hope you two never break up but if you do he'd probably give you the new home because the only reason he had it built was because he knew you two wanted your own house together so you could start a life together."

Isabella looked away as Ivan spoke of Joren, letting out a very unlady like snort. "His ego.... He shouldn't care about his ego... he should care enough about me to not do what he has done" The truth was the more she thought about it the more her hurt and pain turned to anger. She found she didn't believe he left because he had to, but because he wanted to. He had wasted no time to leave her all alone, at a time she needed him most. More and more she found herself missing the boy he use to be, wondering if he would ever be the man she loved again. The next time Isabella spoke she was pulled into a hug, she hugged him back and shook her head. She slipped from his hold and from the cart. "Guess we should go shopping now." She didn't want to talk about Joren anymore.

Ivan turned his head looking at Isabella but had decided not to say anything because there was nothing he could do or say anymore he had tried his hardest to make her believe the truth that Joren absolutely loved her but she was hurting and upset which was understandable considering her new situation. Things had been getting bad between the young couple but no matter what he knew that Joren would love Isabella the same way he had always loved her. Ivan had been around Joren long enough to know that the feelings he had for Isabella were eternal but he agreed with Isabella about Joren’s ego. “Well darling this is the place let us find some very beautiful new decorations and furniture for your new house that is almost done being built darling” he said smiling as he climbed down the carriage steps lightly. Once he was on the ground he hitched the horses to the hitch before walking over to Isabella happily “So how about you tell me more about this Mark guy he seems like a really nice young man” Ivan said wanting to try and stop Isabella from being so upset like she was now. This young girl meant a lot to him and he hated seeing her hurt which is why he would sit Joren down and talk with him once he got back as well and if he had too he would slap the shit out of Joren if he needed too.

Isabella couldn't stop the smile that tugged on her lips. While the home was meant to be the start of her life with Joren, she knew whatever she would living int he house. She hooked her hand on Ivan's arm, and a smirked pulled on her lips when he asked of Mark. She knew enough about Ivan to know he was unsure about the other male, and not just because of Joren. "Papa" She said lightly. She had started to call Ivan papa shortly after she had moved in with the group. Sure she still called him Ivan, but most of the time he was Papa. "Mark is a little older then us, almost 30. He and Amber had a hard life, their parents died when Amber was still a baby. Mark worked to give them both a good life. He is a lawyer in New York." She explained as they entered the show. She her blue eyes moved around taking it all, there was a good bit. It almost looked like the shops in New York, she did know the bed she wanted was in New York. While Joren had promised her a wedding in New York, the lack of plans and knowing he was an outlaw, she was sure that wouldn't happen and knew she could never get the bed. "He ... he was always very nice to me when I live in New York. He took me out to eat at such beautiful places. He listened to me when I needed someone to talk to." She gave a small nod "He is .... very nice."

She moved around the shop, with Ivan by her side. She stopped when she came to a lovely sofa. It was big and plush, brown leather, cherry wood, and it was costly. She ran her fingers over the smooth leather and while she knew Joren had the money, she was unsure about it. She pulled her hand away and turned to look at the other sofas they had. Light oak wood cover in blue fabric, and a cheaper wood sofa that was just plan white. "The blue one is nice"

Ivan smiled at Isabella happily as he said “Yes my beautiful daughter” he said smiling as he walked alongside her as they continued into the store where all the furniture was “Mark seemed like an okay young man. He seemed very intelligent and you could tell by his hands that he had, had a hard life all men who have had to do back breaking work always have similar hands. Though don’t you think? And this could be me just being way too overprotective like most fathers’ are so please don’t get mad at me for the question I am about to ask but don’t you think there is something…Strange about him?” Ivan then turned to Isabella smiling “Now again I’m not trying to do anything I just love you like you’re my daughter and I want you safe so if you tell me he’s a great guy like you have I’m going to believe you a hundred percent” that was an honest statement and he let her know it though as they continued walking throughout the store finding things to buy when they came up to a beautiful brown, cherry word leather couch and he could see it in her eyes how much she loved it “You know the blue one is nice Bell but this brown one is amazing as well. I also forgot I haven’t bought you an engagement present how about I buy this for you as an engagement present” he asked happily he had the money for it and he wanted Isabella to feel happy in her new home because no matter what happened that house was her’s and he’d see to it if anything happened but he knew that eventually they’d get over their awkwardness and work things out with each other.

The pair made their way inside and Isabella explained about Mark some. She looked to Ivan and nodded. "That they do." She agreed. She felt it whenever she shook hands, or got hugs from the men in her new family. The roughness in their hands that proved the hardness of their life. It was the same roughness she felt is Joren's hands. Her blue eyes stayed locked on Ivan for a moment as he spoke about Mark, giving a shrug. "I don't think there is anything strange about him. Maybe its because he is knew and you don't know him." She mused. "I have known him for a number of years, he really is a great guy Papa." She smiled, knowing he would believe her. If Joren had been there she knew it would just lead to another fight.
Soon Isabella found herself looking at couches, while she loved the brown leather one she was worried some about price. She turned to look at a Blue one and commented on it. Looking at Ivan she couldn't do much for a few minutes. Taking him in she tried to see if it would be worth fighting about, she didn't want him or anyone else to spend their hard earned money on her. "That would be great." She smiled. She knew it would be useless to fight about it. She smiled and once more ran her fingers of the soft leather. Part of her wondered if they had chairs to match it. She took a deep breath and spoke softly. "I wont be getting any of the Harper money. In his will it says I must marry a upper class man or I will get nothing." She looked to Ivan, she hadn't dare tell Joren she knew how he would react. "I don't know how to tell anyone, not Joren or my friends. I have no money of my own." She explained. She knew no one cared if she had money, but it was still a hard thing for her to swallow. Her real father would rather her be poor and starve then see her not marry one of his upper class buddies.

Ivan smiled at Isabella as she spoke about Mark “You know darling you’re probably right I am just worrying too much about my beautiful daughter and I know once I get to know Mark better I will more than likely come to like him it’s just right now he’s a new person you know. Also you can never be to overprotective of your daughter” Ivan said smiling at her. Tough as they continued looking at couches and he said he would buy her an engagement present he could see the fire in her eyes wanting to argue with him so he only gave her a look that told her he was going to do it either way so she’d stop arguing with it. “Listen princess you don’t need any of the Harper money that money has been tainted with sin and blood and you don’t need that in your life. From the moment you came to live with us you became one of us and our money is your money so don’t worry about anything darling you never have to worry about anything because you’re my daughter now darling and I am going to defend you until the ends of the Earth. I will also give you love and wisdom like a real father should and will help lead you to the right decisions like a father should” Ivan said smiling at her as he hugged her happily to him “Now let us stop talking about this for now and start decorating your house we’ve waited for this to happen for a very long time now darling. It is the symbol of your new life together with the man you’ve been wanting to be with since a small child.”

Isabella simply nodded and the pair moved on. It took some time but Isabella had picked out everything for the living room, kitchen, dinning room and one of the bedrooms. The house Joren was having built would only have four bed rooms. Right now she was trying to pick out a bed for their room. She sighed and shook her head. "None of them right." She chewed on her lip and reached into her pocket. She pulled up the folded picture she had ripped from a paper. She looked at the large four post bed. She sighed again and looked to the beds they had here. None of them even came close. Her blue eyes moved to Ivan and she smiled weakly. "My dream bed" She held out the paper for him to take. "Its in new york though..." She sighed again and shook her head. "I'm ready to go home, I'll come out some other time." Isabella had never been one for shopping, and the pair had already been there for two hours. She knew Ivan needed to get home and get to bed and she needed a sit.
Walking in the front to pay she we meant with a problem. The man wouldn't put the Items on Joren tab, because he wasn't there and never told them it was okay for her to do. He also wouldn't put the items on her own tab since her father was dead and everyone knew she didn't have money. She looked at Ivan "Papa" She couldn't believe this. She had never felt more embarrassed in her life. A deep blush had over taken her face and tears burned her eyes.

Ivan smiled as he said "Well darling we'll keep looking until we find you're dream bed because my darling is going to have everything she has ever wanted in her perfect dream home" it was then she handed him the paper with her dream bed on it "Well you say it's from New York then I'll have one of my boys to take a carriage into New York with some money and I will buy it for you don't worry darling I want you to have everything you ever wanted" though as they got up to the front he heard the man saying that Joren hadn't pre-approved of her buying things for their home and say that she couldn't do anything. "Don't worry princess. Put it on my tab I've been here myself many times and you know I work for Joren" he watched as the cashier did exactly as he said "Now let us get home princess" with that he took Isabella's arm and linked his with hers as they walked to the carriage as they got their he helped her up before climbing up the other side and took the reins before driving them toward his house as quickly as possible.

Once again Isabella didn't dare argue when Ivan spoke of getting her her dream bed. Getting to the front the man wouldn't let her put the items she wanted her a tab. She asked Ivan for his help, and was happy when they finally had things taken care of. Their arms hook together as they walked from the store and soon they were on their way. "Thank you for coming with me" She smiled loving at the man who had become her father. She didn't even call Adam Harper her father any more. As they rode home she looked out over the land. No matter how upset she was, hurt and angry she still love Joren. And while he had pulled away from him she still had been able to see him. She worried and couldn't help the words from slipping from her soft lips. "I wonder what Joren is doing." She blushed as looked to Ivan. "Do you think he is thinking of me at all?" She didn't know what it was like for the men when they went to 'work' She didn't know if Joren had blocked her and their troubles from his mind and just sole thought of the job at hand.

"Well darling I think Joren is doing fine. He has been doing this for a very long time.. Even before I was actually Joren taught me how to do this job because he was so intelligent that he could on the spot have a strategy ready that ensures the safety of all those who are with him. So in that point I am certain that Joren is just fine he's probably by now already got possession of the carriage and is taking it to the spot where they'll move it from the carriage to a bunch of horses and then in the next day or so should be riding back to us it'll take a couple of more days after that, that he'll be home" Ivan said smiling as he heard hte next comment "Let me tell you a story I have never told you. The first time Joren and I went out on a mission my mind was going crazy thinking of all the things that could go wrong and there was Joren a man half my age barely into his adult years as calm as if he were taking a walk. I looked to him and asked him how are you so calm and he gave me that smile that only Joren can do that calming, caring smile and said without missing a beat. I think of the person who makes my life worth living knowing that one day I will be reunited with them. Then he said I know it sounds like I was talking about this person as if she is dead but she's not just in another state. The woman I am talking about is a woman named Isabella Harper she was my best friend at one time but now I know she is the love of my life. So everytime I get scared, nervous or anyhting else I think of her beautiful face and kind words and that in itself gives me the final push that I need to calm down to get the job done so where I can live on to see her again" Ivan said smiling at her "Everytime he goes to one of these jobs even now when you two are having your problems I am certain that you are the force that is pushing him to stay alive so where he can come home to see you."

Isabella listened to Ivan's story, and was taken back. Her blue eyes took in the world around, the very world she and Joren had shared as children. " I hope you're right." Given Ivan a sweet smile she didn't say anything for the rest of the rude. Her mind going over what she should do. She knew she had no where else to go, but if things did not get better she knew what should would do. She had for New York, get a job and just spend some time there. Her returning would depend on Joren.

Ivan smiled as he watched Isabella "Darling I might be an old geezer who at times feels like he is losing his mind but love is one thing that never changes no matter how much time goes by. Joren is madly in love with you always has been and always will be that I am a hundred percent sure everything will be fine between you and Joren once you talk everything out and if I have to i'll smack the sense right into Joren for you because I love you both and do not play sides I go for what is right" he said happily as they continued down the road not to far off from where the clubhouse was "You know I want to thank you for allowing me the pleasure of accompanying you into town we haven't spent much time together here lately and i've really missed these moments we shared before everything."

Isabella shot Ivan one of her heart warming smiles. "There is no one I would rather go shopping with." She looked at him from the corner of her eye and smiled slyly "Not even Joren." She would be lying if she had said the trip didn't make her feel better. She was happier then she had been in a long time. She leaned over and rested her head on Ivan's shoulder. Even though she was happy and she didn't feel as numb, the though of New York was still there. She pushed the thought aside, she would wait and see what happened when Joren got home. Maybe being apart, really apart, for so long would be what he needed.
Once back to the clubhouse she ordered Ivan back to bed, before heading out. She first stopped by the new house, sitting in the grass she just looked at it. The guys were finishing for the day and she offered them a soft smile when they greeted her. She had become a normal thing, sitting in the grass not far from the house and just watching them. They had even changed a few things to her liking, with out telling Joren. She smiled at the big bay window that hung a few feet from the master bedroom. It faced east, giving her a wonderful view.

(Do you want to continue with the Ivan and Isabella thing or do you want me to skip foreward when Joren comes back? It is up to you for either of them is fine with me. :) )

"Well I am glad that you enjoyed shopping with me so much darling it means a lot to me to be able to help you out with something that means so much to you. Also I want to let you know that I will have my sons Yalkov and Drako personally head to New York tonight to get your dream bed they'll have it to you within the next couple of weeks that I can personally assure you darling" Ivan said politely as he stopped the carriage in front of the clubhouse knowing immediately that Isabella would go sit outside on the grass right infront of the new house that was being built for her and Joren. This was something that had become every day occurance since the final wall had been placed up inside the home. "I shall see you in the morning Isabella unless you stop by later to see me" Ivan kissed the top of Isabella's head like a father would before slipping down off the carriage and walking inside to his room per Isabella's request he had learned recently that some things were best not argued about with Isabella she had really become one of the strong willed women of the club since she had become the woman of the house.

(Lets skip until Joren come homes)

The days passed and life seemed to just move forward. Isabella spent most of her time by herself. Everyday sitting in front of the home that only had a few days work left to do. She groomed the horses and had even bought herself a horse. The unruly stallion was in a pen away from the other horses. Ivan had not been happy when she came home with the one eyed horse. She had named him Pirate and she was the only one who could handle him. Most of the men had tried to talk out of it, saying that putting the horse down (Like its other owner had been planing) was the best bet. Isabella however wouldn't hear a word of it.

In the early hours Isabella's anger toward Joren had gotten the best of her. Most of the house had woken to her screams. She had cut up the painting she had asked him to do of her, along with a few others. She had broken things and ripped up their bed. After word she cried for hours on end, until Ivan found her cleaning the room. Her hands were cut up and the scars where now showing on her skin. She didn't speak about that night, though she knew Joren would ask about the painting. She wouldn't lie to him, she would never do such a thing.

From time to time Isabella had headed into town, meeting with Mark. He had even helped her pick out a few things for the house. It was nice to have him back in her life. She hadn't spoken to anyone in the club about him though. Knowing the guys all saw her as a sister, they would want to protect her.

At the moment Isabella stood in the middle of the ring with Pirate. She ran the brush over his dark brown coat. She hummed to the Stallion as he kept a watchful eye on the world around him. She wasn't sure, but she thought he had once been wild. She had talked to Ivan and a few other of the guys and they would gelding the stallion for her. She knew Joren would be home, but couldn't bring herself to be in the home. She was sure Ivan would want to talk to him anyway. She still didn't know how she felt about what was happening between them. Mark would be heading back to New York in the next few weeks, and had offered to let her come back with him. She felt bad for not telling Ivan that bit of information, but she didn't dare.

Joren rode home having left his most trusted men in control of the gold they had stole this had in fact been the biggest job they had ever completed and without his shooting and planning they would've never have finished it correctly because things had really went crazy. As he got home he put his horse in the stable patting the beautiful mare gently before walkign inside his house expecting to see Isabella waiting for him as usual not seeing her though he walked to their bedroom hoping she was there but yet again he failed in finding her but he did notice that several of his paintings were missing which pissed him off his bed was also destroyed so he found Ivan "What the fuck happened to those paintings and my bed."

"Isabella was angry when you left so she took her anger out by doing that" Ivan said honestly.

"I swear to God what the fuck is wrong with that girl I try to make her life easy by working and she fucking get's pissed off and starts acting like this" Joren said angrily.

"Joren we need to talk about Isabella I know you were trying to distance yourself away from her because you feel as if you have failed her but she thinks she has failed you and has became depressed about it. A friend of hers named Mark has come from New York city and he has the eyes for her and she seems pretty happy to be some attention. I think if you don't get things right she might leave."

"Leave that's funny Isabealla and I love each other she wouldn't leave" Joren said as if trying to persuade himself of that.

"She has already informed Veronika that she plans on going back to New York and I wouldn't blame her with how you've been acting. You're acting like a fucking moron you have a beautiful, loving woman who loves you more than anything on the face of this planet and you're letting her slip from your fingers" Ivan said honestly.

Joren looked at Ivan having never heard the man speak to him like that. Clenched in his hands was the papers he had got for her so where she could start nursing school in his right arm was a cute little puppy something else he had made sure to get for her before he came home. Slowly he walked outside and walked to the new house knowing that Isabella would be back there eventually since it was finished. He sat in a chair in the front of the house with the puppy in his lap. The paper was on the coffee table and so now he did the only thing he knew he could do.. Wait for her to come home.

Isabella spent a few hours with her horse, not ready to face Joren yet. As she made her way back to her new home she came to a stop. She looked at Joren as he sat on the porch. It took her a few minutes before she moved, making her way to stand on the porch. Her hand twisted painfully around each other as she looked down at her feet. "How was the job?" She asked lightly. Her voice was filled with a emptiness that showed on her sad face. She finally looked up at him and her blue eyes fell on the puppy he held in his lap. She swallowed hard as tears burned the back of her eyes, but she didn't say anything.
After a few minutes she finally spoke. "I'm sorry about your paintings." She took a shaky step back. "I know your mad, but I really am sorry" She was shifting foot to foot, her eyes still on the puppy. She had yet to look at Joren's face, knowing if she did she would cry. In that moment she had never felt so cold and alone. She had missed him so and wanted nothing more then to be wrapped up in his arms. To hear him telling her how beautiful she was and how he loved her. She missed the loved he had showered her with when they first got together.

Joren looked up as he heard Isabella's voice "The job went good I guess we got the gold but we had to change our plan of action in the middle of our mission which made it hard for us but we've got a huge pay day coming our way which I guess good" Joren said softly not wanting to cry with as horrible he had been to her the last several weeks "Those paintings were nothing more than that. Paintings I can live without them and while it hurts me to know that you were the one that destroyed them I will be fine as time goes on. I know i've been a major ass so I brought you home a puppy and the paper so you can start schooling as a nurse" that was when Joren stood up slowly laying the sleeping puppy on the chair where he had just been sitting and he stood face to face with Isabella his hand snaking out lightly before placing his hand on her cheek "You know you've always meant everything to me darling and you always will be let me start with that and I am happy we're together it's just I feel like a complete failure since I am unable to impregnate you. I am not worthy to be your husband or your boyfriend" Joren said holding back the tears. Joren was not one to cry so now that he was on the verge Isabella would know how badly he was hurt emotionally.

Isabella gave a small nod "I'm happy the job worked out, you got the gold you wanted" The words came out with a bitterness she hadn't meant to be there. Her nails cut into her already scared skin when he spoke of the painting. She wasn't so sure she believed him. Joren loved though painting, and she truly hadn't meant to do what she had done. She was just so angry at him, at herself, seeing the paintings of such happy times for them and hurt more then anything.
Her eyes fell on the puppy as he sat it in the chair. "Its... he is very cute." She gave him a weak smile and then shook her head. "I .. I don't need to going to nursing school." She took a deep breath. "I ... I'm not getting any of the Harper money, I wont be able to pay for it and I can't ... It cost so much" She tried to sound strong like it was what she really wanted. Her blue eyes were still on the puppy when he reached out. She jumped and her eyes snapped toward him. She pressed slightly into his hand, she could see the tears in his eyes and it made her gut twist in a painful way.
She shifted and stepped back, giving him another weak smile. "I'm sorry I gotten pregnant, I ...I'm not sure if I will be able to give you any children." She swallowed hard and tried to clear the tightness from her throat. "I know how imported kids are to you, I'll understand if ... if this is what you wanted" She reach up to bat away the tears then burned her cheeks. She swallowed hard again and looked out toward the pen her horse was in. "I spent the last of me money on Pirate. Ivan has had to put all the items for the house on his tab, the guy at the store said I couldn't use yours" Once more she found herself shift from foot to foot. "I changed a few things on the house, and Ivan sent his boys to ... to my bed it is from New York."

"Listen Isabella let me tell you something right now before anything else is said" he said letting her get every single thing out she wanted to say before speaking himself "The Harper family money was tainted with blood, hatred and greed so you do not need any of that so if the money is given away to other's who don't need it then so be it. I honestly could care less about that because once we got engaged we became an us. Not a you and I. So what is mine is yours to do with as you please. So if you want go to nursing school I know how happy thatt it made you. Also yes kids are something that I have always wanted but if it's meant to be for us to have kids then we shall have kids but all I ever truly wanted was you and I got you so everything else now are just a bonus to me. I want to apologize for the way I've been acting I acted like a damn fool" he said having never cussed in front of Isabella like that but that would make it easier for her to believe him "While I was gone one of the men in my group showed me the error of my ways and I realized that it would be a miracle if you were even here when I got back and I want to from this point forward start making up my atrocious acts. Please Isabella" he said falling to his knee's in front of her in a begging manner which was something else he NEVER did "If you will give me one more chance I want to let you know just how important you are to me even now because you're the love of my life Isabella and living a single day without you would be like I had lost the most importat part of my heart once again."

"I will talk to the man in the store and let him know you are able to use my tab any time you want because you are my world as much now as you were then."

Isabella couldn't help the small smile that tugged on her lips when he spoke of the Harper money. "That is what Ivan said" Her voice was soft when she spoke. She did want to go to nursing school, she had enjoyed it so while in New York. She looked down when he brought up kids, she wanted to give him kids so bad. She wanted to give him the big family he had always wanted, that his parents had been unable to have. Watching him drop to his knees ad beg was something she had never seen before, something she wasn't sure how she felt. She shifted from foot to foot and looked down at him.

Nodded she took a deep breath. " I love you Joren, I don't want things to be bad between us. I already lost everyone else I don't want to lose you." She nodded again. "I'll give you another chance, but ... things aren't going to be like they were." She couldn't just act like all that had happen hadn't happened. She looked to the door of the house and took a deep breath. "Have you seen the house? I got everything but the master bedroom, but Ivan said that will be here soon." It was clear she was unsure how to act around him. He had been pulling away from her she wasn't sure what he would be okay with. They hadn't truly hugged or kissed in a month. Even when she tried it had been rejected.

There as a thud from behind Joren and Isabella looked to see the puppy had rolled from the chair. She smiled and took a step forward. "Where .... did you get him?" She asked lightly. The puppy was still waking up before he moved toward Joren, wagging his tail.

Back
Top Bottom