Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The furry roommate? (Charliesweb7 & Mercenary)

"Wow, you didn't play too much mario kart, did you?" Brian asked her in reply to her question. He went to the versus and picked 50 cc to make it easy for her. Though it would be even easier for him. Soon enough the game was starting, and they were off, Brian already getting a boost to be ahead of Kimberly.

Kimberly shook her head in response. "I only played a handful of times. I don't have video games at my house. It was only when I was at my friends and we played." She replied to him. Once the race started, Brian was already ahead of her. "Damn..." She whispered. Well, she was going to lose. She tried to catch up, getting stuck behind a tree though. "Oh no fair!" She pouted.

"Ooh, that's not good for you. Take's a good time to get out of." Brian said as he kept going, his lead only increasing as he drove farther away. Soon enough the race was over, Brian winning by a good amount. "Well, I hope that was at least a little bit of fun for you." He said to Kimberly, feeling that it hadn't been, which actually made him feel a little bad. "Anyway, is there anything else you'd like to do?" Brian asked her, glancing over.

She was having a hard time, getting stuck and sometimes not going as fast as needed. Of course, Brian whooped her ass as he finish first, her coming in rather far behind. She frowned a bit, then looking to him when he spoke. And he asked about doing something else. "Oh....were we only playing one game?" She asked him. Just because she lost, didn't mean that she didn't find it fun.

"Unless you want to play more, it's up to you." Brian said, just wanting them both to have fun. He didn't know if she enjoyed this or not, as she didn't seem to be doing too well or that excited from it. He didn't want her to feel like she should be doing this with him if she didn't like it. Brian would rather do something that Kimberly would want to do if that were the case.

"Well, I figured we would play more. I mean, I will win a few and lose some more. I figured that is the point right?" She explained. She then nodded her head before then looking to a road. "I want to try that one." She added, pointing to one of them. "That looks like fine!" She told him. Kimberly knew he would win almost every game but still. She wanted to have fun and play.

"What do you mean 'win a few'?" Brian said to her, though he was joking. A smirk and his tone told Kimberly that. He went to the stage she wanted to race on, and they started. As long as she was having fun, Brian didn't really care what happened.

(Just skip to the end of them playing?)

Her face faltered a bit as he teased. He was right, she would lose. And as they started another game, it was apparent how bad she was. Game after game, he beat her. In some she was close but she never won. And they played about 15 games. After, she set down the controller. "Damn...I am really bad.." She admitted, chewing on her lower lip.

"Hey, I was pretty bad myself when I started. You got better a lot faster than I did, trust me." Brian said to her as he got up and turned the console off., the screen flickering before going black after he turned the TV off. "So, what now?" He asked Kimberly. It was getting somewhat late...

"Yeah, I told you I have only played a few times." She explained, then watching him get up. "Um...well. Is there anything that you want to do?" She asked him. It was getting to be around dinner time. "I can make dinner?" She offered.

"Sure, food sounds good. I'm pretty hungry. If you would, that would be really nice." Brian said to her with a smile before he stood up.

(sorry for short reply. Going to bed. :/)

Kimberly stood up, then heading out of his room and down the stairs first. "What are you in the mood for?" She called out, asking him. There was some chicken in there that she could make. Or there was a ton of different options. What to make? "There is some chicken... some rice... some pasta.... chicken parmesan?" She asked him, bending back up and turning around to face him.

"Any of those sounds nice really. Whichever is easiest for you to make, or what you want to eat." Brian said to her, not wanting to to ask too much from Kimberly. She was already making him food, and that was as far as Brian wanted her to go. Giving specifics just seemed greedy.

"Alright well I can give you ideas for meals and you can tell me what you and don't like." She explained to him, smiling before then pulling out some chicken. "I want to make something that you would love as well." She explained to him. It was only fair though. Especially if they were sharing bills and such. "You can help with the pasta and the breading. That is fun." She added. Then again, she thought about his fur getting into the food....

"Look, I grew up on a farm. If you put something on a plate in front of me, I'll eat it." Brian told her, walking over. "Alright, I'll see how good I'll do. But I doubt I can do it as well as you can. Your cooking's great!" He complimented Kimberly, looking at what she had gotten out.

She smiled, then nodding her head as she started a pot of water. "So, what is it like growing up on a farm? I have never been to a farm." She explained to him. It must be kind of cool...unless you had to eat the animals. Then that must have been kind of sad.

"Actually, we didn't raise animals. Only crops. Would be kind of hard to do while raising a bunch of wolves that wouldn't know what to eat and what not to when they were too young, I guess. But it's hard work, though I guess it can be hard at times. Between school and farming, you don't get much free time, however." Brian told her as he started his part of the process.

Well that made sense. Now she felt stupid for asking that question. After all, they were part animal. Yet, he made the comment that they really only shared the looks. Oh well, she wasn't going to press it. She nodded her head, cracking a few eggs into a bowl and then whisking the around with a fork. "It must have been a good work out though. And so did you eat the crops? Like have a lot of fruits and vegetables for meals?" She asked him, looking up as she then seasoned the egg with some pepper and a tiny pinch of salt.

"No. Not directly at least. We sold them. But the ones we would buy at the market could very well have been ones we had sold." Brian told her, seeming to think back on it now. He continued his work on the food, doubting his efforts would do any good compared to what Kimberly was doing. His work wouldn't do the meal any justice.

"That sounds rather cool." Kimberly explained to him, smiling. She poured some flour into a bowl and then some breadcrumbs. "So do you have issues of your hair getting into your food?" She asked him. "I mean, I know I have that issue sometimes." She added. Hopefully by saying that, it wouldn't seem like she was calling him out or something. She then started to bread the chicken.

"Eh, it's kinda cool, I guess." Brian said with a shrug of his shoulders. "And no, I don't really have that much of an issue with hair in my food. Maybe a little bit more than normal people, but I don't really notice it. Like I said, I grew up on a farm. Put something on my plate, and I'll eat it. Hair isn't something I go around my food checking for." he told Kimberly, waiting for the food.

"I was just curious. I didn't mean to offend." She let him know. She had a feeling she was going to be saying that a lot. "Alright well you can cook the green beans. You just need to break off the ends of them and then break them in half. Sound good?" She asked him with a smile. It was rather easy. Tedious...but easy.

"Oh no, don't worry about it. I wasn't offended at all." Brian told her truthfully. Though honestly it may have offended other anthros, Brian didn't mind. It made sense to Brian that she wondered that. "Alright, sounds simple enough. I remember my mom doing this, too." he said to Kimberly as he followed her instructions. It was tedious work, but growing up on a farm, he was used to that.

Kimberly didn't know what would offend him and what wouldn't. She felt though it was alright to ask him things. If she asked another anthro, they might get really mad at her. So she didn't want to do that. Kimberly looked over when he spoke, hearing the green beans snap. "So are you the eldest in your family?" She asked him.

Brian knew that Kimberly meant no harm with whatever she asked, so he always tried to take no offense to her words. Honestly, sometimes her questions would get a little over the line, but Brian would try to stay calm and let her know, and answer the question honestly. "Well, obviously my mom and dad are older than me, but out of my siblings, yes. I am the oldest." He told Kimberly, quickly going through the beans.

Back
Top Bottom