Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The furry roommate? (Charliesweb7 & Mercenary)

"Alright, if you want to. I warn you though, I can be a big eater." Brain said with a smile. "Hey, it's not like I say that to every girl who moves in with me." He joked, though Brian regretted saying it, d=feeling even more awkward afterwards again. "Nine sounds good, though I'd like to have some lenience, just in case. How about sometime between 9:00 and 10:00? The car ride's about two, two and a half hours." He told Kimberly.

"Are you trying to deter me? Basically saying you will eat 5 meals?" She asked, laughing a bit. As he said about her, she blushed a bit. "Am I the only girl who has lived with you?" She asked, taking a sip of her smoothie before licking the smoothie mustache off of her lips. "Alright, I will be ready to leave at nine. So should I come in and push you out of bed or throw cold water on you?" She added. "Don't they do that here?" She asked him.

"Well, not 5 whole meals. Maybe two or three..." Brian said with a smile. "Well, yes. But the point still remains. What can I say? You're my type." Brian said with shrug, feeling almost sick in his stomach, his heart pounding as he waited for Kimberly's response. He had gotten pretty honest right there, and he was hoping he hadn't overstepped any boundaries. He hadn't said it jokingly, and had actually meant it, but who knew? Maybe Kimberly would still take it as a joke. "Okay, nine it is then. I'd be fine it you pushed me out of bed, but no cold water please. And yes, we do that here, but only as a cruel prank or maybe something you'd see on TV." Brian told her.

"Well I will pay for a meal, not sure about 2 or 3!" She teased. "Unless they are really cheap." She joked, laughing a bit. When he mentioned that she was his type, Kimberly couldn't help but blushing. Was he serious? "Oh...Well uh... I have never dated someone with so much...hair. But I bet you are great at cuddling!" She said. That was a stupid response but she had no idea what to tell him. When he said about the water, she nodded. "Alright, duly noted. But I can push you out of bed? Or what about a air horn?" She asked, then laughing. "I am just joking. I don't want to give you a heart attack!" She explained.

"Sounds fair enough. But the meals there aren't too cheep, being a place for tourists and all." Brian said to her. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit at her reply. "Well, I haven't had much experience with that, though I would be glad to test your theory." He said to Kimberly in reply, almost suggestively as he smirked. Brian was even surprising himself with how long he was dragging this out, especially since it made him feel weird, too. "Yeah, go ahead, I can take the fall. Might not wake me up though. And no air horn please. My ears are sensitive." Brian said to her, smiling since she was joking.

"Well food here is actually really cheap in general." She mentioned. It was strange actually... When he spoke, she laughed a bit. "You are like a big fuzzy blanket." She teased him, laughing at her joke. "You must go through a lot of shampoo." She explained. Well, maybe she didn't know. She nodded her head about the ears being sensitive. "Yeah, I won't do that." She added, taking another sip. "So, is there something you want to do or do you want some alone time?" She asked.

"Maybe compared to where your from, apparently." Brian said with a shrug, then smiling at her other response. "I would happily oblige to being that." He said, smirking once more. "Yeah, it's true. Us anthros with fur tend to go through a lot more shampoo than people do. But hey, we don'y need as much soap." He admitted to Kimberly. "Hmm, I don't really know what to do now. If you want some alone time, go ahead. But like I've said before, I had enough alone time over the past year. It's good to finally have someone I can talk to and hang out with." Brian told her truthfully, smiling.

"Well yes. Everything in Europe is a lot more expensive. Especially petrol." She mentioned. "I mean...gasoline." She added. "Well I guess that does save you some trouble. But I have a feeling female anthros spend a lot of time with their fur." She told him. So much more than she ever did. She nodded her head, then crossing her legs. "Well I don't have any siblings at home so it is nice to spend time with you. But if at any time you want some alone time...just tell me." She explained.

"From what you've told me, it sure seems that way." Brian said, not liking the thought of living in Europe with how expensive it seemed to be. He actually did get what she meant by petrol, still nodding when she corrected to gasoline, though. "Eh, woman and their hair." Brian replied simply with a shrug. "Alright, but I'll expect you to do the same with me. I don't want to inconvenience you either. So anyway, maybe we could learn a bit more about each other? Ask me something." He said to Kimberly.

"Well it is different. England is much smaller as well." She told him. As he spoke about hair, she rolled her eyes. "Hey now. We don't have short hair that we can just flip and it is styled." She teased. As he said to ask her something, she bit on her lip. "Hum....Do you have siblings? Wait...what is your last name?" She asked him.

"I guess." Brian said with a shrug to both of the first things she said, not wanting to bother talking about woman and their hair with her. "Yes, I have siblings. Didn't I tell you about my brothers and sister? My last name is Donnell, though. Yours is Chance, right> If I remember correctly from the contract, anyways." He told Kimberly, looking at her.

Kimberly shook her head. "No, I don't think you told me." She told him. She nodded her head when he spoke. "Yes. Kimberly Kensington Chance." She replied to him. "Ask me a question then." She said. What would he ask her? Something simple or rather personal?

"Well, I will later then. Though I could have sworn I mentioned my family at one point or another..." Brian said, thinking a bit, trying to remember before eventually just shrugging. "Well, you already said you're an only child, and talked about your friends that one time...Do you have a boyfriend back in England?" He asked Kimberly, hoping he wasn't crossing any lines.

"Maybe you did and I just forgot. Sorry about that!" She replied to him. It happened though. Just forgetting things. She finished off her smoothie, then getting up and rinding her glass out before filling it up with water. As he asked about a boyfriend, she looked back. "Me? No. I really never dated all that much. What about you? Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked him. She was kind of hoping not...

"Eh, it's alright. There isn't really much to say about them anyways." Brian said, shrugging. Truthfully, he didn't really care if she had forgotten. It's not like he had that great a memory himself. "Anyway, No, I can't say I do. I 'dated' a girl back in fifth grade, but really we were just friend and she thought I was 'a cute puppy dog'. It maybe lasted three days tops." Brian told her. Well, they established that neither of them had a boy/girlfriend. "Soo..." Brian said, not really knowing what to say next. He almost wanted to ask her out there and then, but honestly was a little scared to. He needed a little more evidence that Kimberly like liked him before he would do that.

"Do they live around here?" Kimberly asked. She didn't have much to say about her family because her family was small. Just her parents and her. Relatives but they didn't live with her. When he said about the girl, it seemed like he hadn't dated anyone since then. "Well to be fair, you kind of are..." She added, smiling. "I am kidding." She added. When he spoke again, she wondered if he wanted to ask her something about dating. "Do you travel a lot?" She asked him.

"No. They all live back up in Iowa." Brian told her. He hadn't seen them in seemingly forever. It was true, Brian had never dated after that one girl. He didn't get a ton of discrimination growing up, though it was definitely there. No girl really wanted to date him, and there were barely any other anthros around. "Wow, Kimberly. I don't know whether or not to feel bad or good about that." Brian said with a chuckle. "No, I don't really travel. Never had the money to." He told Kimberly.

"Iowa...." She repeated. Funny name...where was that? She would have to look at a map. Then again, how did you spell that? I.....o.....wah? Something like that. When she spoke, she frowned. "I am sorry. I just keep saying mean things don't I?" She replied. She was terrible! She just kept making fun of him or offending him. And she didn't even mean it! This was just terrible. "Oh I see..." She added. Well she didn't want to tell him she had traveled a lot. "What do you like to do in your spare time?" She asked.

"Yeah, Iowa. It's basically straight north of here, a couple states up in mid-western US." Brian told her, realizing she had absolutely no clue about it. "What, no, it wasn't mean at all! I thought you were just calling me cute." Brian told her honestly. "Seriously, you didn't offend me at all. I just didn't know whether to take you calling me cute in a good or bad way." he said to Kimberly sincerely. "Anyway, I don't do much in my spare time. Maybe look some things up on the internet, watch some TV, do assignments when I have them. And of course my job, which I will be getting back to the day after tomorrow. So don't expect me to be around too much on days I go in for work." Brian told her. Of course he left out the part of 'relieving himself', but all single guys did that, and none of them said it aloud.

Iowa....what was in Iowa? "Ah alright....sorry. I am not good with states. But I guess that is how Americans are with Europe right? You know your area much better than other areas." She replied. She wasn't slamming him. If anything, she was saying she didn't know much about the US. "Oh..." She replied. Well, she seemed to sound like an idiot. "It was a good way. Can cute be used in a bad way?" She asked him. "Oh you have a job? Where do you work?" She asked him. Kimberly had never worked a day in her life.

"It's fine, I understand. I can only name maybe half the countries in Europe, tops." He said to Kimberly, smiling to reassure her it was okay. "I thought so. But some guys don't really appreciate being called cute. Lucky or you, I'm okay with it. As long as you're the one saying it, anyways." Brian said a little hintingly, giving Kimberly more of a clue that he liked her.

"Well I can barely name a few states." She explained to him. Kimberly blushed a bit, then drinking more water. "Well as long as you like it, I can call you cute." She added. "So any other questions?" She asked. Kimberly wasn't sure what to ask him now.

"Well, we did take classes back in high school where they basically drilled the European countries into our heads. And I only remember a portion of them." Brian said with a shrug before finishing his smoothie. "Just don't overuse it." Brian said, giving her a slight glance of a look. "Yeah, one last question...Is there any handsome, maybe slightly cute wolf anthro you've met somewhat recently that you would say yes to if he asked you out?" Brian finally forced himself to ask, hoping he hadn't just ruined everything.

"Ah I see. We learn about the US but only where like LA, NYC and DC are." She told him. Kimberly didn't know the states names. Or where anything was really. The US wasn't that big...was it? As he essentially asked her out, her eyes got a bit wide. "Really?" She asked him. "You want to go out with me?" She asked.

"Well, that's three cities, but hey, it doesn't really matter to me. Geography wasn't my best class either." Brian said with a shrug. He did his best to keep a straight face after Kimberly replied. "Yes, really. You're the best human girl I've ever met, and you're more attractive and nice than anyone else I've met here." Brian said to her, hoping there was no hole he was digging himself deeper into.

Back
Top Bottom